Hunter

Direct access to all the web's email addresses.

Work for Hunter?

Showing 112 Hunter reviews
Hunter review by <span>Ellye C.</span>
Ellye C.

Clever and Sneaky Email Hunting Software

What do you like best?

Hunter collects all of the emails from a webpage and shows you the liklihood of them being legit, ie how many 'sources' it has.

I have used this software many a times to find the email address for the person that I was trying to contact.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there is a limit on how many times you can you Hunter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitly worth a use, the google chrome extension is incredibly helpful. It's always there and with the click of the mouse you can have a selection of email addresses that may be the one you are searching for! The worst thing that could happen is that you've wasted 5 seconds of your time and not located the right email!

If I mis-hear an email address over the phone, I can use this tool to check the spelling (if hunter is able to locate the address on a webpage obviously) without having to hunt the internet myself. This of course saves me some time which I can use to interact with more potential customers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Hunter
Hunter review by <span>Lisa R.</span>
Lisa R.

Free Tool, Great Success Rate: Winner!

What do you like best?

Hunter is easy to use and, in my experience, the best first step when looking for a viable email for a prospect.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to complain about here; its a clean, simple user experience, with clear indicators as to the confidence level in the provided email, as well as confirmed emails for other employees at a given company, if available.

There used to be a Chrome plug-in that provided emails directly from LinkedIn profiles, but, LinkedIn put the kabosh on that. Bummer, but, the browser interface at https://hunter.io/ does the same job, so, can't complain much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. The Free version likely will get you everything you need. But, if not, it's really reasonable. Guaranteed ROI.

Hunter is the best tool I've found for identifying viable emails for prospects. Emailing prospects directly doubles the likelihood of engagement, for sales and philanthropy - I use it for both - beating InMails every day of the week and twice on Sunday. This tool will increase your pipeline, and correspondingly increase revenue, depending on your throughput.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Hunter review by <span>Tomer R.</span>
Tomer R.

A Standing Ovation for This Year's #1 ‘CRM Stuffer’ of choice.

What do you like best?

I like the 'plug-and-play' User Experience. From plugging the Chrome Extension, to Hunter's Self-Serve User-Experience excellence. I like the KISS User Interface that was designed with minimalism in mind.

I like Hunter's generosity in offering free 100 searches with a step-back counter that resets every-month. I like the option of upgrading to get a CSV export and meanwhile having all the features open under the free, and super generous, trial.

I like the secondary sales intelligence data that come from the link-backs to each email address. Those links are of obvious importance for the brand URL and clicking them is always fun and a journey of discovery and surprise.

Finally, I like how Hunter listens to my chatter about improvements.

What do you dislike?

Not one thing to dislike. From the first a-ah! moment when receiving a domain search result -- and frankly asking myself is this legal? -- I trust you'll be wanting to share with the world the wonder of Hunter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to try Hunter out. There's nothing to loose and only to gain.

As an Entrepreneur I need to move fast. To move fast I need to make relevant business relationships with growing brands that may like my services but don't know I exist. I need to find the precise decision makers who will value my unique value proposition, 'dig' my mission and want to start developing trust. Hunter helps me search and load-up my CRM with relevant emails for super targeted communications. Hunter allows me to validate the email-mention source and date and get a ton of secondary sales intelligence.

Hunter review by <span>Kevin U.</span>
Kevin U.

Excellent, reliable tool for email mining and verification

What do you like best?

I primarily use the free version of this tool to find email addresses for specific people as one-offs, as well as verify email addresses. It is free and reliable, and the Chrome extension is super handy as well.

What do you dislike?

It has difficulty handling pattern recognition for email addresses that are not in a very standard form ({f}{last} or {first}.{last}, etc.). If an email address uses a middle initial or part of a name, but more than one letter, it doesn't have a great way of discerning that pattern and communicating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free version. I haven't yet found myself in need of the additional tools and features that come with a paid account, but parsing existing lists and storing leads might be good for a company that is trying to expand its prospecting. I can only attest that the domain search and email verification tools work as advertised (they make clear the limitations of domain search, but the vast majority of email domains I'm looking for are represented).

Finding and verifying email addresses is either expensive or unreliable. Hunter.io has sped up the process of finding the right email address, and the free version has been good enough, as this isn't the main part of my job.

Hunter review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to use and FAST

What do you like best?

Makes it quick and easy to guess emails within institutions. The interface is straightforward and works excellently – sometimes it's the only way to get in touch with new prospects. It's become a standard part of my workflow as a sales rep.

The best thing about Hunter is that it's FAST – most companies and institutions are in their database so it makes it quite easy to find people. I sell to the legal industry so most of my prospects are on LinkedIn. So long as you know where they work you can usually find them on hunter.

What do you dislike?

Copying and pasting emails is a little less than intuitive – for some reason it picks up extra html when I copy it from the web interface.

They used to have a Chrome extension for LinkedIn Sales Nav – LinkedIn banned it since clearly it made our lives too easy. I can understand why they did this though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do a LOT of prospecting Hunter is an invaluable tool – I've used a few other services that pull emails but Hunter is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to email search.

However, it is blacklisted for some reason by LinkedIn and thus won't integrate, creating a lot of manual entry of emails that wastes a lot of time.

I sell to an audience that changes roles within the industry quite often – grabbing an email from a directory is not always possible but hunter makes it easy to get back in touch with people who migrate to and from new companies.

Hunter review by <span>Maddie C.</span>
Maddie C.

Get the Email Right the First Time

What do you like best?

Hunter is the tool that has been my go to when I am lost or need to validate an email address or email format when I am trying to get a hold of someone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am only given 150 credits per month. I also dislike that if you open hunter and there are no emails for that website, it still is counted as a credit use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very trustworthy for the emails that are verified with the green check mark next to it. Some of the email addresses that are not verified can be correct, but I wouldn't trust them.

I have a tool I know can provide me with the last piece of the puzzle I need while prospecting. You can do all the research you want, but if you do not have the correct email or email format, your efforts are halted.

Learning about Hunter?

* We monitor all Hunter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.