iATS Payments

iATS Payments

With over 10,000 clients and billions of dollars in annual processing, iATS Payments is the leading provider of payment solutions to nonprofit organizations and technology partners around the world. iATS draws on over 20 years of experience providing secure, simple and cost-effective credit card and direct debit (ACH) processing.

Work for iATS Payments?

Learning about iATS Payments?

iATS Payments Reviews

Ask iATS Payments a Question
Showing 54 iATS Payments reviews
iATS Payments review by Shira S.
Shira S.

"Great product, hard to understand inititally"

What do you like best?

I like that this system really gives you every tool you may need to collect payments safely and securely. The customer service is wonderful and attentive which is great for people who have never used a payment processing system before. iATS breaks down where all of your payments have come from and securely places that money into your bank account right away.

What do you dislike?

It was really complicated to set up. As someone who has never used one of these before, I found it challenging inputting information that I wasn't too confident on. I didn't understand a lot of the set up and I needed to call customer service frequently to make sure I did everything correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the customer support! It was very challenging to set up but with the help of the customer service, I was able to do it!

We needed a payment processing system for a new platform we were using for events. This platform was the most cost effective and best for non profits. We now can have our community pay for events with a secure system which we didn't have before. Security was a top priority for us!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iATS Payments
iATS Payments review by Dottie H.
Dottie H.

"Very customer-service oriented payment processor."

What do you like best?

Every single time I have called IATS, I have an amazing customer service experience. Their representatives are professional, helpful, and always work quickly to help me find a solution to any and all issues that are prompting my call.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have any complaints about iATS..

Recommendations to others considering the product

iATS payment is a great resource for a growing non-profit organization. Ease of use and their customer service focus make them a natural choice for a non-profit organization looking for a payment processor.

I work for a growing non-profit organization. Using IATS as our payment processor has allowed us to streamline our membership and donation operations. In conjunction with NEON CRM, IATS has allowed our organization to grow and expand within the community we serve.

What Fundraising solution do you use?

iATS Payments review by Natasha C.
Natasha C.

"Follow-through could be better"

What do you like best?

I like iATS for ease of use in reporting functions and virtual terminal (submitting transactions)

What do you dislike?

Contacting customer service is irritating. Takes a long time to get a response and follow-through is not always great. We've submitted several forms over the years, removing users from the account (departed employees) and yet they still stay on the acct and we submit more paperwork and still nothing is actually taken care of.

Our primary merchant processor is Blackbaud Merchant Services. We use iATS because they are the provider linked with OneCause (formerly BidPal).

iATS Payments review by Kelton H.
Kelton H.

"Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Each time I have an issue or a concern, the iATS CS team is willing to go the extra mile to help me resolve it. I have even had to opportunity to work with the same CS reps on multiple occasions. Each time has been a pleasure

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about iATS. Funny that this is a required text field.

iATS was able to allow us to cut our administrative processing time in half compared to the admin work we had to do wit our former payment gateway.

iATS Payments review by Souis C.
Souis C.

"Professional service with great rates"

What do you like best?

They will always go the extra mile to help you solve any issues that may come up.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes long wait times getting through by phone. I often send emails when I can't wait on the phone and we usually get a response by the next day. I like that we can send emails directly to contacts that we make at Iats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great rates and Professional service.

We solved an issue in terms of processing monthly donors. We kept forgetting to switch the ID. They fixed it so we don't have to switch. I also mentioned that we always make errors when entering a void cheque which results in fees and they said they would try to improve the process.

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"It works, but seems pretty basic"

What do you like best?

The fraud prevention tools appear to be helping reduce tests of stolen cards on our donation page. iATS integrates with our database, which is what we need.

What do you dislike?

There have been a bunch of issues recently that may have caused us to lose donations, so this is unsettling. I don't particularly like the UI and it would be nice if we could download multiple reports at once or even build templates so you get the data you want in the order you want. If we could have these sent to a folder or emailed on a schedule that would be great.

We are connecting our online donation forms from our database to the payment gateway. This is a necessity.

iATS Payments review by John R.
John R.

"Best Payment Processor For Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

Customer service is outstanding and they understand the needs of non-profits. Their backend customer dashboard interface is very easy to navigate. Tech support is also very responsive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike. I have used PayPal, Authorize.net and others. iATS is the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best in my experience for non-profits.

We have a CRM API that allows me to use my own contribution pages to take full advantage of all the services provided by iATS.

iATS Payments review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Above average"

What do you like best?

I can easily update information on the back end, such as entering a new card number, changing the amount/schedule for recurring gifts, or inputting card info if a donor wishes to make a one-time gift over the phone. Also, seems to be well-integrated with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Not really set up for true recurring gifts. It works well if you have a pledge with a specific end date, but you cannot leave the end date open for gifts with an indefinite end

Currently we are able to use it for both pledges (fixed amount) and recurring gifts, but it doesn't seem to be the best solution for the latter.

iATS Payments review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"User Friendly, Great Choice for Small Nonprofits"

What do you like best?

This product is very easy to use, very easily customized, and customer service is ALWAYS helpful!

What do you dislike?

Currently, the system doesn't talk to Salesforce as efficiently as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be afraid to work with customer service to ensure you are getting the most out of your system. There are so many ways to use iATS, and it is so important to ensure you are getting the most out of what you're paying for!

Best benefit by far is helpful customer service. Their customer service line is always helpful and has a solution for your problem no matter how small it may be.

"15 Year IATS user"

What do you like best?

I have processed millions of dollars of deposits with IATS in my position for the last 15 years.

My "like best" thing is that the employees (customer service) are all very friendly and helpful. i.e. above average.

What do you dislike?

IATS has experienced a few (not many) what they call "time-out" issues. This is when credit card transactions do not come through accurately.

Can be time consuming to correct these, yet thankful it doesn't usually happen but once or twice a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our current database provider is seeking to draw us over to "their merchant service" . I think merchant carriers should watch the 'c.c. fees" they charge for their service in order to stay competitive in the market.

IATS is PCI compliant which is a huge deal and should be a number one priority for any business.

iATS Payments review by Julie E.
Julie E.

"Great Support and Customer Service"

What do you like best?

iATS has a great Customer Care team, they are always polite and efficient and there is rarely a wait time to speak with a human being. iATS integrates well with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve and I've found myself calling their Customer Care enough times that I know many of their representatives by name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend.

Processing payments directly into Salesforce and via an online website.

iATS Payments review by Hilary M.
Hilary M.

"Easy to use overall"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to implement and get it to "talk" to our existing CRM. The reporting function works quite well too.

What do you dislike?

EFT payments take a long time to process, and deposits are sometimes made in confusing ways particularly if there is a statutory holiday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation takes a long time but customer support is quite good

Automation of our donations

iATS Payments review by Shaundra M.
Shaundra M.

"Helps us do more great work!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see transactions in real time.

What do you dislike?

No debit/interac functionality means my donors are limited to credit card. Mobile swipe technology is lacking.

Having one payment processor that can be paired with a variety of donation and event platforms lets us better manage and track our revenue and expenses and be more responsive to our donors.

"So Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

iATS Payments is so easy to use. Issues are very rare, and any time that we have had a problem, the iATS support team has solved it with a simple phone call.

What do you dislike?

I have had minor issues using the search function in the iATS Journal. It would be nice to be able to search Credit Cards and ACH payments all at once; not a big deal, but sometimes it takes extra time to find transactions when we don't have that information.

iATS integrates perfectly with our website to process all of our online payments

iATS Payments review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Non-profit Fundraising"

What do you like best?

Ease of reporting reconciliation in multiple currencies

What do you dislike?

There are a few issues we ran in with US credit cards, but overall, good product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good use for multi-currency companies. We run into some issues in timing of receiving ACH payments as they are only deposited 1x per week. Additionally, if you are a US customer, you will have both the US Federal Reserve holidays as well as the Canadian National and Providencial Holidays that will delay fund deposits. Credit Card deposits are good, with a two day deposit schedule.

Ability to run multiple currencies

iATS Payments review by User

"IATS has been very easy to work with."

What do you like best?

Customer support is always on top of problems when I have them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the communication between our database (Talisma Fundraising) and IATS is not what it should be. In other words IATS changes something and forgets to tell Talisma Fundraising. This creates problems for us trying to process credit cards through Talisma Fundraising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None really. It has been great for us.

For us using IATS through Talisma Fundraising has eliminated us having to use terminals. It has also integrated the processing through Talisma Fundraising. We used to have to enter the credit cards in a terminal and then enter the credit cards manually in Talisma Fundraising. This is now a seemless process. Everything is either entered in Talisma Fundraising or downloaded directly into Talisma Fundraising from our online sites.

iATS Payments review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Easy to use and always accurate"

What do you like best?

iATS has a great portal and easy to use reports.

What do you dislike?

The refund process is not hard, but not intuitive. I always have to look up how to do it,.

We get disbursements each day (instead of 4 times a month with our previous processor). The percentage is very competitive saving us hard dollars.

"Okay"

What do you like best?

Friendly customer service........................................................

What do you dislike?

1. Payment processing through so many different processors has resulted in inefficient and inconsistent reporting.

2. Aura forms are very old fashioned and they cannot be customized enough to match modern websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for any customization of donation forms, would not recommend Aura donation forms.

We use iATS for payment processing and online donation forms. We are actively looking for a new product to replace AURA because the online donation forms are too old fashioned. Currently iATS is connected to our CRM (Salesforce).

iATS Payments review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"iATS and its integrations are a royal pain "

What do you like best?

iATS is the cheapest option for processing credit card donations to our nonprofit (and it shows).

What do you dislike?

iATS is incredibly buggy, integrations are a mess, iATS developers wait for you to report problems and then take up endless amounts of your time going back and forth about whose fault it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay the extra amount for a better platform with more features/functionality and better support. Don't bring a headache upon yourself.

We use iATS to process credit card donations to our nonprofit, and use the Salesforce integration to integrate the data with our CRM data.

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"iATS is our 3rd party vendor through Blackbaud"

What do you like best?

iATS has always taken the time to answer my questions/help me with problems.

What do you dislike?

The user interface feels very clunky and difficult to use. Importing files, only sending payments to the bank once a week, etc. makes things very complex to explain to a donor.

We currently use Blackbaud as our fundraising software and iATS is their 3rd party vendor for funds transfer payments. Because it's our only option for an ACH, we use it.

iATS Payments review by Heather F.
Heather F.

"Easy to Use for Receiving Payments"

What do you like best?

I really like the reports feature - easy to search for dates needed

What do you dislike?

Don't like that sometimes the reports show incorrect amounts - amounts for wrong dates will show up on previous dates

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good option for those who need an online payment vendor. The reporting feature is easy to use, and has some customizing options. The customer service is a little slow, typically responding within 1-2 days.

Receiving payments for donations and for conference registration

iATS Payments review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Relatively low incidents"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to navigate and intuitive. Easy to train new employees on this system. Website seems stable and fast responses.

What do you dislike?

We have frequent issues with payments coming through Luminate online. Sometimes it shows up next day, or even with a longer delay. These could be Blackbaud issues but we do not know.

Accommodate the donors who want to use ACH to make donations. Before we had iATS, we could not accept ACH donations.

"Iats Reports"

What do you like best?

I wouldn't say there is anything I like best. I don't love the product and would look for alternatives just because of the reporting.

What do you dislike?

Reports are very cumbersome to run. We use many merchants for various events that we are running at a any given time and the iAts reporting is the least friendly of any that we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider the reporting that you need.

we use iats for fundraising

"Awesome service"

What do you like best?

They are always so good at providing support and the service is top notch.

What do you dislike?

I don't think that there is anything that I can say that is negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really easy to use Aura form and support is great. Works as gateway for other platforms as well.

The ability to design my own forms and process all of our debit and credit card donation transactions.

"Smooth sailing"

What do you like best?

The few times I have had to contact iATS, I actually talked to a person! And all of them were highly competent and were able to help me right away.

What do you dislike?

I have not had bad experiences. The only minor drawback is that we are in the East and have to wait a few hours to contact iATS in the morning.

None

iATS Payments review by Meghan D.
Meghan D.

"easy to use, some issues with downtime"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of use of this product. It is very straight forward and quick to pick up

What do you dislike?

There have been a few occasions where the system has been down, causing issues when donors try to contribute. We have also experienced issues with the security settings

It is a great tool that can help non-profits manage their payments

"IATS Payments feedback"

What do you like best?

Being able to process credit card gifts received in the mail, and at events via the website or mobile swipers.

What do you dislike?

We would love to see lower processing fees.

Taking credit card payments at events using mobile swipers and our cell phones is a much better solution than filling out credit card forms for each of our guests.

"Fabulous platform"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use iATS. All the reports are self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

I am thoroughly satisfied with everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the level of information that iATS gives. It's more than most companies that I have had contact with.

our crowdsourcing platform funnels through iATS and iATS has the information that our crowd sourcing platform lacks!!

iATS Payments review by Khanh T.
Khanh T.

"Efficient "

What do you like best?

Each time I have an issue or a concern, the iATS customer services team is willing to help resolve it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like when month end fees net to amount. It's hard to reconcile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better platform and easy to use. Good customer service.

This platform was the most effective and easy to use.

iATS Payments review by User

"We are happy with the detail we can use to reconcile payments received in our biggest fundraiser."

What do you like best?

The detail of the reports allows us to confirm and match funds showing in One Cause which we use as a auction software.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have trouble matching the fees deducted from the amount that actually hits the bank account.

Again, we can reconcile and feel secure that no payments have been missed.

iATS Payments review by Administrator in Computer Software

"iATS Does it All"

What do you like best?

iATS work well with our BidPal solution and we wouldn't have it any other way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the software works perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't plan on using year around make sure to make your account dormant when not in use to save money.

Raising funds for our organization.

"Good Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The ability to get detailed information about transaction type and donations

What do you dislike?

At the moment there isn't really anything that comes to mind

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider it for your needs

ACH processing and credit card reconciliation is very easy.

"We're happy with iATS"

What do you like best?

We like that it integrates with our website

What do you dislike?

No access to customer service when we first open at 9:00am Eastern time

We are giving ourselves a secure way to accept payments and donations through our website

iATS Payments review by LeJer W.
LeJer W.

"It has been pleasant"

What do you like best?

The ability to see when my transaction post to my account.

What do you dislike?

Website is the most user friendly, it takes a while to get the data I need sometime.

Credit Card Transaction posting and bank reconciliations

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"We have always had great service from iATS Payments!"

What do you like best?

The courteous support techs and the great service they provide. I have only had a couple times I have needed to call but, they were very friendly and happy to help me resolve my issues.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike. It is very easy to set up recurring gifts or one time donations.

iATS works seamlessly with the auction software we utilize and I don't have to worry about anything..

"I like iATS"

What do you like best?

Like the ease of running reports, processing payments, setting up recurring transactions and schedules.

What do you dislike?

When a charge back occurs wish the cardholder name would appear on the report. Would assist in speeding up the process of looking them up.

Assists us in setting up recurring payments in a fast and efficient manner. Makes it convenient for user to make adjustments to donors accounts. Easy to reconcile reports and daily batches

"IATS Review"

What do you like best?

IATS is extremely easy to use and very customer centric.

What do you dislike?

Our organization would appreciate an e-check option.

Using IATS, most recently, with Configio has eliminated the need for multiple gateways.

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"Excellent, quick service every time and they always answers questions timely and completely. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and nearly automated service.

What do you dislike?

No service is perfect the difference is that iATS does a great job with proactive resolution.

Both ACH and credit card transactions.

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"I use iATS Payments almost everyday and I never have issues"

What do you like best?

I find both the user interface and the report layouts to be clean and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Would be good to have a option to print a report from the refund approval without having to go back into the original sale. Not aware of an option to identify all refunds completed within a timeline.

Processing high volume of payments with confidence in the system.

iATS Payments review by Consultant

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

I like the robust system. Efficient and user-friendly. works well for the non profits of midsize.

What do you dislike?

I would like the entire team in the organization to get the training to be able to use it efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No harm is trying out the product. It meets most of your needs

we are utilizing the product for our fundraising. We are a nonprofit mid-sized.

iATS Payments review by User

"It gets the job done, but isn't ideal"

What do you like best?

iATS Payments works, and we receive the funds that are paid to us.

What do you dislike?

It's incredibly complicated to use. Also, we wanted to change the bank account associated with our account, and there was tons of work to do, and a fee! It wasn't even worth the effort for something that should be simple.

We're hosting a Gala, and our auction platform uses this for payments

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"company store and conference registrations"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Getting a monthly report. Support available by phone.

What do you dislike?

Getting answers to questions and chargebacks.

Makes payments by our members easy.

iATS Payments review by Medhanie H.
Medhanie H.

"Solid application!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, native Salesforce functionality and overall easy to track payments.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that i can really think of off the top

Online payment processing

iATS Payments review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"iATS can be OK"

What do you like best?

The customer service staff are very polite.

What do you dislike?

The fees are too high. I was forced to use iATS as they were the only processor that used by BidPal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around for the best fit as well as best price. Deposit reconciliation reporting was lacking and created additional work for us internally.

They can process payments from WhippleHill and BidPal.

iATS Payments review by Agency
Agency

"IATS is always willing"

What do you like best?

The personalized service we have received over the years and this is from start to finish of an issue.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot always solve these issues on my own.

How to solve non compliance issues. How to find a specific credit card charge when my system "time outs". How to understand my statement when things don't add up.

iATS Payments review by American Society o.
American Society o.

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

Great leadership team. Fabulous staff - especially at customer care and marketing.

What do you dislike?

Have Limited exposure to the leading edge.

by phone with questions

"Assistant Director"

What do you like best?

The ease of looking at daily transactions.

What do you dislike?

I think there are too many client codes to keep track of.

iATS processes all our credit card payments. They do a great job with very few mis-steps. The customer service is quick to answer any questions we may have regarding irregular card processing or lost gifts.

"Great system! "

What do you like best?

We have been using this system for meany years for fundraising activities and found it to be easy and stright forward.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is slow to react When you’re dealing with donors that don’t have much time to waste.

Easy way to engage our donors and allow them to support us quickly

"Great service!"

What do you like best?

We like best the ability to capture different information and the customizable pages.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be too many times when their reporting site is down and we are unable to access our reports.

We've been able to capture more donor information which helps us keep accurate records and contact info.

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"IATS for school online donations"

What do you like best?

The ease of use with our Blackbaud online software makes IATS a product we have used since 2009.

What do you dislike?

Being on EST and needing to call for support early in our time zone.

Ease of use with online donation portal for our school. Support when needed is prompt.

iATS Payments review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Special Events Administrative Coordinator"

What do you like best?

The simple / easy to use payment processing through OneCause. Being able to hold Credit Card info is great as well.

What do you dislike?

The percentage rate taken from payments are too high. They should offer greater return for non-profit organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shorter checkout lines at events. Online capabilities.

iATS Payments review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Ease of use on this product is paramount "

What do you like best?

It’s easy use and helps support our operations. It helps to solve issues we have as a not for profit company

What do you dislike?

Nothing it’s a great platform and we use it extensively

It’s easy use helps us research all donations made through credit cards

"Seemless"

What do you like best?

It is simple. It does not take a lot of effort to remember defaults

What do you dislike?

Cannot customize reports. I would like to have the option to change report formats.

Able to accept payments online

iATS Payments review by Administrator

"Clunky and poor support"

What do you like best?

My company is familiar with product and it's what we've always used.

What do you dislike?

Poor fraud support

Different logins for each subcode

fraud protection

None

Learning about iATS Payments?

* We monitor all iATS Payments reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.