IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud

IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud

IBM® Cognos® Analytics offers smarter, self-service capabilities so you can quickly gain insight and act on it. The solution empowers business users to create and personalize dashboards and reports on their own - while providing IT with a scalable solution that is available on premises or on the cloud.

Work for IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud?

Learning about IBM Cognos?

IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud Reviews

Ask IBM Cognos a Question
Showing 89 IBM Cognos reviews
IBM Cognos review by Gos Y.
Gos Y.

"Powerful BI tool for business insight and reporting"

What do you like best?

The Cognos is very powerful to leverage the big data - you can have all the ways to design the report and get what you wanted. It provides all the ways to design the report - Query Studio/Report Studio/Active Report/Event Studio ... I like to use the report studio to design the reports and set in the schedule so I will be able to receive it as planned. Query studio give you a quick way to look into the data. Active report provides you the more flexibility to be more interactive with the data.

What do you dislike?

It's always tricky to use the reporting. Not easy to take on the active report quickly and user friendliness is in question. If you are ready to invest a big resource in the platform, this would be a great one to go for. The tool is a little heavy not a very light one and sometimes you got stuck in a unknown error code which caused a big trouble.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a powerful tool but not as easy to ramp up quickly as other tools. So if you are ready to invest in the tool and people, you will be benefiting so much from it by getting more insight from data.

We use the tool to design the reports which provide the insight how the network performs. This data and how it presents are very important for network technicians and engineers to understand the network performance.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud
IBM Cognos review by User in Higher Education

"Cognos in Higher Education"

What do you like best?

Cognos is a powerful BI tool. It has been set up to be integrated with several of our existing databases to allow us one interface to pull data on demand, or send scheduled reports to university stakeholders. It has just enough needed to make the menus and layout easy to use, without overwhelming the users. I like the features that allow it to save reports on my own dashboard or to make available to other users on different campuses. This ensures we are using the same parameters when looking at data and cuts out repeat work from multiple departments. This has truly helped us run our programs and make decisions on real-time data instead of using manual data tracking as in the past.

What do you dislike?

Cognos is very selective with which browsers work best. For example, some browsers will not even let me log into the system, while other browsers let me log in, but do not allow me to write reports. I have only found one browser which will support Cognos all around, but unfortunately, it can be buggy at times. The filters freeze and I often get server timeout errors. This could all be related to our individual campus and where our data is housed, but it does inhibit my productivity at times. Other times it works just great. Really can be hit or miss.

We use Cognos to pull enrollment, demographics, grades, registration habits, academic standing, basically everything we need to know about our University. It allows us to collaborate, and remain consistent with our data over time. We are also able to work anywhere and have access to Cognos cloud.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

IBM Cognos review by J Reese K.
J Reese K.

"Once you Get it, You Get it"

What do you like best?

It cube-like interface is very useful when you need pivot table like analytics for line managers or executives. It can slice and dice data in more ways than you need and pretty quickly too.

What do you dislike?

If your turnover is high or if there is not enough specialists on hand to REALLY train it well, its a lost value. The learning curve is steep and it really depends on your base level item level data and input. Can you trust what it is telling you?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really evaluate your current data integrity. Congnos is a heavy hitter and can move mountains but is your mountain easy to find?

We used it to tell trends within the overall business all the way down to the rep level per product sub-segment. Once we agreed to 4-5 dashboard reports and strictly limited "custom" reporting in discussion, we started seeing value.

"A dissapointing upgrade"

What do you like best?

easy to use, drag and drop, report studio. Report scheduler. easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

charts have very little customization, reports run slow. weak self service BI

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was disappointed from the upgrade from Cognos 10 to Cognos Analytics. Perhaps I was just used to the old layout, but I find the new layout hard to use and has a lot of bugs. Everything takes longer to do in the new GUI and I find myself preferring the old Cognos pages that the admin left up. We were really hoping the dashboards would help with self service BI, but it was a little disappointing. Honestly my company is tranisitioning away from Cognos since the upgrade to Analytics. Cognos has a lot of great features but it's not in the direction that we are going.

I like the versatility of data sources. We use everything from Live API calls to informix, sql server and oracle databases. We use cognos to deliver operational reports to the warehouse and brick and mortar store, productivity reports to upper managers, and burst individual reports to several hundreds of users per day. Primarily we use Cognos to schedule reports, but have built some dashboards and some users have ad-hoc reports.

IBM Cognos review by Sri Divya N.
Sri Divya N.

"quite useful"

What do you like best?

Dashboards and reports can be created very easily and also offers good flexibility in how the reports are made. I didn't need to install the application on my laptop. I can easily create reports and generate charts on the browser.

What do you dislike?

I had some problems when using it on Mac book or on some browsers.

The documentation provided by IBM is not very good and understanding Cognos initially might be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good for normal data visualizations but you will get better products for the same price these days.

It is better to select a product based on your specific needs in the long term as the dashboards provided by a lot of applications offer similar options.

I was in the process of trying different tools for data visualization purpose and Cognos analytics was one of them.

IBM offers another product, IBM Watson analytics which was much easier to use in certain ways than IBM Cognos. There is not much differentiation among a lot of the tools available in the market for basic dashboard generation.

IBM Cognos review by Donna N.
Donna N.

"Upgrading to IBM Cognos Analytics"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and new look of Cognos Analytics. We've used Cognos 10 now for quite some time.

What do you dislike?

I like the look but since it is so different, it's also difficult to find the features and functionality I'm used to using.

We combine data from many sources for project performance and we also have our Peoplesoft accounting data in a data warehouse. This offers a quick way for us to create reports for our Financial users.

IBM Cognos review by Han L.
Han L.

"Frameworks manager is great"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of development by creating many data sources using Frameworks manager.

Personally, I am a big fan of Frameworks manager. In comparison to something like SAP Universe (UNX), it provides flexibility and ease of adding/removing data sources without impacting existing data sources & metadata.

For report development, having vast amount data sources through Frameworks Manager allows them to do less custom/one-time objects for individual reporting objects.

What do you dislike?

Like most web browser based application, random browser issues from even windows update.

Reports for sales, purchasing, accounting/financial, inventory and rebates.

Working on many reports, the toughest challenge is the ever changing requirements. This is where Frameworks Manager has been great. We were able to make changes to data sources or add them quickly without impacting existing data source objects.

IBM Cognos review by Gary L.
Gary L.

"Flexible reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Cognos is incredibly flexible and powerful. It allows me to create highly customized reports that users can run independently. In addition, users can select their own filters on the reports, which reduces the amount of time I spend generating one off reports

What do you dislike?

There is a steep learning curve. Features can sometimes be counterintuitive or difficult to understand. In addition, the interface and output has a utilitarian feel that can appear clunky and outdated. I have experienced issues exporting reports to Excel, although workarounds were found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a powerful BI tool that can do a lot but aren't particularly concerned with producing flashy reports, Cognos is a great choice.

I use a Cognos-based system to generate custom reports from the eClinicalworks electronic medical record.

IBM Cognos review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Easy to use, fast, reliable"

What do you like best?

Coming from SAP BO, I was almost stunned by the ease of use of IBM Cognos.

Before I started using Cognos I had to wait days, or weeks, to access updated reports now is only a matter of seconds, sometimes minutes.

What do you dislike?

The remapping of all the dimensions in the different environments.

Due to this, I had to redisign all my queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are no specific contraindications. If you intend to switch all your reports and data easily, consider a tiling between your current BO solution and Cognos.

We had a big problem of NRT data availability. Now, with the new infrastructure in scalable cloud, all this has been made possible.

Even the maintenance speed of queries has been increased significantly.

IBM Cognos review by Stephen P.
Stephen P.

"Difficult to use & expensive data visualization tool"

What do you like best?

It is possible to make decent looking dashboards for data visualization. The software has a fair amount of power to post-process data, for example, a reasonably efficient join. Despite being a bolt-on acquisition, it integrates nicely into the IBM tool ecosystem.

What do you dislike?

Insanely steep learning curve. This is not a software package you can hand to a business analyst without a ton of training. There are so many ways to shoot yourself in the foot, yielding a report that completely fails but without a clue what to do next. Also, a lot of the data modeling must be done upfront by the report creator, not a lot of dynamic discovery is possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really look at who your likely user base is and their likely adoption level. If you just need a couple people who are pros, this package might be fine. But if you want people to be able to just pick it up and dabble occasionally, look elsewhere.

I used this software to crunch & report on a variety of structured healthcare data related to workflow steps and clinical information. The report was distributed to customers in PDF form for maximum portability, losing a lot of the power along the way because there was no other simple way to distribute it in compiled form outside our corporate walls.

"Analytics"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of this report writer is the Cognos Agent. I love the fact that I can build a search criteria and I only get a report if the conditions change. Do to this feature we have substantially lowered the number of reports that we get daily. This has lead to a decluttering of the inbox which has lead myself and other users in the department to move much quicker on the issue. Before the reports were pretty much ignored - just too many to look at.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is under the same feature (Cognos agent) - the ability to copy statements (using a web browser) is a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

. Build a data warehouse first or in conjunction - Extremely powerful tool!

This product has been a game changer for my organization. We went from manually having to run reports almost exclusively on an ad-hoc basis to being able to get simple rosters daily and being provided data audit reports. Next, we look forward to being able to create more analytical reports that will allow us to make better business decisions.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Gone but not forgotten"

What do you like best?

Support is generally good, the OLAP product (analysis studio) was once best in class and still very good. OLAP SDK automation support, though now unsupported, used to be great.

What do you dislike?

IBM has effectively stopped working on new Cognos products, and it shows. Newer web browsers have major compatibility issues with the various Cognos "studios" that are difficult if not impossible to work around. SDK support used to be excellent, but have since been discontinued with no real replacement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The very many competitors in this space have now made IBM Cognos nearly obsolete, and IBM seems to know it. Tableu, Qlik, etc are probably better solutions at this point.

About 10 years ago we deployed a analysis solution for our customers that was very well received. It leveraged several IBM Cognos studio, allowing them to explore their data in a variety of ways.

IBM Cognos review by Julia A.
Julia A.

"Excellent reporting tool"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of functionality and the basics are easy enough to figure out.

What do you dislike?

You have to be very knowledgeable to use it in depth. It isn't very user-friendly like other tools. It takes a lot of practice and probably some outside training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to have a knowledgeable person to trai others.

We use it for HRIS and payroll reporting. It helps drive many of our dashboard and metric reports, as well as day-to-day management of data.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Dynamic tool useful for more advanced reporting needs"

What do you like best?

I like how its a very flexible platform that can be adopted to most any data set. We integrated it with our orion servers. As our application has a completely dynamic structure with almost no standard field sets. Due to the customizable nature of our product we needed something that could work with it.

What do you dislike?

Its a long learning curve. We invested a decent amount of time and budget into training staff on this tool IN addition to getting long consulting engagements to aid with support and implementation. I do not see this engagement ending anytime soon. Maintaining this tool entirely in house would be a large undertaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would as the tool however complex. DOes have good help documentation. Its common enough you can find resources online. ALso it looks alot like outlook or excel. Products people may be familar with. The product we give to our end users. Is a much more simplistic version of the tool and its completely customizable. YOu can allow them to have little or lots of functions. Really depends on what your user needs are and how high their comfort level is with using a advanced reporting tool. You can aldo build reports with the standard tools or add Java on top to make it look much more pleasing. We find that this added function allows us to have a reason to make some reporting billable and is an extra line of revenue.

We needed a tool that could populate our custom fields data on a on demand basis. Letting us report across multiple tables without the need for any techincal skills involved on the customer end. Additionally having two versions of the tool Report Studio and Workspaced advanced. One for our internal teams to build custom reports and the other for standard end users to work with.

IBM Cognos review by Jayasimha reddy M.
Jayasimha reddy M.

"Accessibility and user friendly."

What do you like best?

IBM Cognos Business Intelligence presents information in a personalized format; users can analyze, share and collaborate on content in one dashboard. Language and location are no longer barriers to access and interaction with dashboards.

The IBM Cognos Business Intelligence mobile app allows users to access information via iPhone, iPad, Android tablet or smartphone.

These business intelligence capabilities can be deployed on-premise, Web or on mobile. While buyers can choose to implement any of the applications standalone, we recommend evaluating the fully integrated platform for maximum visibility and insight.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive and few issues were found in mobile reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

IBM Cognos is currently serving approximately 2000 unique logins per month across 18,000 interactive report executions.

Access to structured data is more widely available to our audiences

Ad-hoc query capability is extended through the use of Cognos Query Studio

Ad-hoc report generation is supported through the use of Cognos Report Studio

Access to structured data is more widely available to our audiences

Ad-hoc query capability is extended through the use of Cognos Query Studio

Ad-hoc report generation is supported through the use of Cognos Report Studio

IBM Cognos review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Incredibly useful with its link up play via IBM Enterprise Viewer"

What do you like best?

Incredibly detailed tool. I've used this tool working on mitigating identities for patient profiles. This tool explains best what we need to look for regarding patient demographics and how we can resolve merging potential duplicate identities with the correct information provided as well as separating and creating separate EIDs if an account has merged with conflicting information.

What do you dislike?

There is not much i dislike about the program.

The business problems we are solving are regarding potential PHI Breaches and resolved automated functions with the MyQuest tool that the company I work for supports. The benefits this tool easily provides us when we need to escalate a ticket to the appropriate group for resolution. Using this tool is extremely helpful in the area I work for.

IBM Cognos review by Kevin P. M.
Kevin P. M.

"IBM Cognos in an education institution"

What do you like best?

IBM Cognos BI is a highly flexible suite of report-writing and display tools to support reporting a variety of data in a variety of formats. Users can usually find at least one or two ways to do almost anything in Cognos, and for those features for which Cognos does not have any pre-set properties or solutions, users can bring in custom HTML items to add functionality to their reports. Many of the blog posts out there that look at ways to accomplish very specific, advanced things in Cognos will revert to modifying a custom HTML item in the report.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for Cognos BI can be steep, and this is do in part to its flexibility. Because there are thousands of settings, properties, tools, and combinations of these things, there is not one set way to accomplish a task in Cognos. There are best practices, but these will vary based on the user's data.

Moreover, the documentation that IBM provides is considerably technical and is lacking in proper examples (though there are books out there that do a better job of providing real-world examples). The challenge with relying on community support forums to troubleshoot the report is that how you write a report is highly dependent on the structure of your data. Oftentimes, we have found that the best way to solve something in Cognos BI is to structure the data differently either in Framework Manager or (when working with dimensional cubes) in Transformer.

Whenever you deviate from very simple report requests, you almost become an explorer of yore, forging into unmapped territory (at least when it comes to your data structure). This, unfortunately, means that you often have to find your own way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find other users in your industry that have similar data marts and use Cognos for the same purposes that you are considering. Set up a call with those other users to ask them about implementation, organizational support necessary, ease of distributing reports to other users, and overall experience with the product. Also, invest in some of the Cognos books that are out there; they are, in many ways, superior to the documentation from IBM.

We rely on Cognos as our reporting system of record for all student data: admissions application, financial aid, registration and enrollment, grades, billing, and more. For the past 4 years, we have been been using the system for all of our detail list reports. More recently, we began using Cognos also for summary level reporting and will soon be using it to roll out dashboards to our campus colleagues.

IBM Cognos review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Report Builder"

What do you like best?

I like that it's a complete report builder and scheduler. From start to finish, you can work in Cognos to build the report and have it automatically schedule to pull data into a formatted report and have it directly send email to clients.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it's so difficult to customize a report from a generic table to one presentable to the client. Changing color, aligning text, group and page layout require a lot of effort to make into a full fledged report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool to have if there is an experience Cognos user that has developed in it.

Capturing data can be done with other tools and data can be manipulated in other tools but Cognos can give you 1 stop shop if you know how to do it.

This solves reporting problems by giving an environment to create reports and deliver them or just scheduling the data to send to required users.

IBM Cognos review by Hema M.
Hema M.

"Best BI tool for best business outcomes"

What do you like best?

Encountered this tool when I was in search for a best tool. Ample of options are available for personalization and providing visual infographic output and very much user friendly.

With this tool Business users can effectively present data and track performance very interactively, while changes are being updated dynamically.

There is also provision for collaborative working where users can share, discuss and edit on a single platform. Some helpful features like realtime notifications, public or private comments, maps and location based services are also made available.

Mobile BI app takes this tool to the next level.

What do you dislike?

Its purely web based, hence there is no possibility to work offline by installing the software on the local system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very light, easy to learn

Reporting, Dashboard presentation, Story telling and Business intelligence.

User in Retail

"Complete analytics tools in one place at your disposal in a very easy to use and stable UI."

What do you like best?

It provides a complete set of web based tools that allow user to look at data visual, analytics, intuitive scorecards and key performance indicators measurements that is catered to my organization. It takes large big data and organized into an easy to understand graphs and reports.

What do you dislike?

It works great with windows based computers at work but when access with Mac at home, there are some slow down when used with Safari browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Cognos for organization who deal with large volume of data on a daily basis and wanted to create meaningful data visuals, dashboard and executive summary for upper management to comprehend and use for decision making.

Trying to make use of our large customer data and interpret the results of our promotional activities. It allows to know what we did wrong and tweak it for the next promotion events and campaign.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Small project"

What do you like best?

The cloud option. It is that most vendors are going through and with IBM is not different, however, it is my worst experience comparing with other competitors.

What do you dislike?

The tool is very square. It is not very intuitive and the interface is not good. The sample reports that accompany the tool are quite inviting, but a common user can not create them. It is very difficult to create an attractive and interesting product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is gonna get better, but is not a great tool right now.

Foi realizado um projeto simples de Business intelligence para responder questões de ocorrências de polícia.

IBM Cognos review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Cognos has every function we need!"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of Cognos. Although it can seem a bit foreign at first, the user ability is actually quite easy. After no time I was figuring out how to do the most complex of tasks.

What do you dislike?

On the same token, I wish the interface was more modern. It looks a bit archaic and the graphics could definitely use an update.

We needed a software that would connect multiple departments with sales data figures. Cognos allows us to run numerous ad-hoc reports that each department utilizes in a different way.

IBM Cognos review by Victoria M. C.
Victoria M. C.

"It works, but not the most user friendly software."

What do you like best?

It is a commonly used software among the corporate world. It standardize the data sources before you query out the database, so definitely save you time on data cleaning or data preparation.

What do you dislike?

The interface looks like it is never updated since the 90s, it really is not user friendly.

To elaborate on how it is not user friendly, besides the interface appearance, it would be helpful if they have a search function for the data item within the package and it would also be helpful if they can show the item content directly after included in the query or report item.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trend of data really gear toward user friendly, visualize, self-service goals, which are the area Cognos are not strong at.

To obtain data decision reports from multiple data sources that do not link together directly otherwise.

We are able to manage large amount of data through this visualize query that does not required direct coding.

IBM Cognos review by Tammy S.
Tammy S.

"Cognos helped me to stay abreast of the financial performance of my business."

What do you like best?

The ease of all the financial numbers from my business in one place in order to see how we performed against other locations in our company.

What do you dislike?

I felt that the user interface was not always easy or intuitive to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to be able to have your financial numbers all in one place be able to analyze better, I recommend this software.

I was able to deep dive into the various departments of my businesses and coach my team accordingly.

User in Banking

"Taking BI to a whole new level with pre-built or port in dashbaord interactivity "

What do you like best?

It's a great tools for analytics and reporting and its fairly easy to use. IT provides highly interactive and flashy reports that are portable on mot platforms that are available today along with mobile platforms like iPad that are increasing being used by business for on the go purposes. In addition, reports can be imported from other tools such as widgets into dashboards or one can use pre-built dashboards as well.

What do you dislike?

Initial setup is not easy. It requires actual databases and this can be achieved using an ODBC or JDBC driver. Hard to work with CSV file formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The reports are transportable, work in iPads which is a huge benefit since everyone wants to be mobile these days. However, the fields can be very large and can be hard to secure so having additional capabilities to address these two main issues will make it a much better Business Intelligence tool for use in everyday life.

It helps build dashboards easily as one can build reports from other tools like widgets or use a pre-defined dashboard. It is absolutely not necessary to start from scratch for basic to intermediate users.

IBM Cognos review by Consultant in Research
Consultant in Research

"IBM Cognos is an outstanding Analytics Platform"

What do you like best?

What i like best about IBM Cognos is that it is an all in one suite driven through a browser.

What do you dislike?

What is dislike about IBM Cognos is that it is not compatible with all browser. Mac user tends to have problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IBM Cognos is a very powerful analytics platform. Titan release will give a nice GUI interface and become more user friendly for front end user. IBM cognos is greatly liked around our university because all users can use it through the browser without install additional software. IBM customer support is very good as well as their user group meeting. There is a lot of support and users willing to share knowledge on how to get setup and work through IBM Cognos. Overall I would definitely recommend IBM Cognos as your all in one analytics solution for your organization.

I am currently using IBM Cognos to develop reports for our University financial department and also human resource. We are trying to analyze our expense to cut cost.

"Gets the job done :)"

What do you like best?

I like that I can save reports in different formats. It gets the job done - I can run reports on what I need to.

What do you dislike?

Not a very pretty/up-to-date interface - kind of clunky to navigate. I wish that I had more control over what fields to add in reports, but that's probably more of a site-specific choice.

I use Cognos to run reports on expenses, as well as on the results of our graduating senior survey. It allows us to see how our graduates are doing and where they're going. The reports are clear and easy to understand.

IBM Cognos review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Lag in output, but useful"

What do you like best?

That we can extract claims data from our warehouse and make specific criteria requests to be included to specialize a report.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to received reports could be immediate, 5-10 minutes or even a full night to receive depending on size. Therefore, I don't like that the turnaround time isn't consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be mindful of the size of your data warehouse or repository and be sure to ask if there are other system requirements or aids that can assist with speedy or clear expectations of turnaround time.

We are able to accurate pull claim data history specific to our non-par and par network of providers, which is helpful for trending and strategizing.

IBM Cognos review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"IBM Cognos Analytics Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create custom reports without having to necessarily type in cumbersome coding

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it can be hard to find exactly the field that you are looking for.

We currently use Cognos as the BI engine for our HRIS program. It does exactly what we need it to do. you can create custom reports using your own data with ease. The different formatting options give you the opportunity to build professional looking documents without having to import into MS Office.

IBM Cognos review by User in Information Technology and Services

"IBM is failing with Cognos Analytics"

What do you like best?

Cognos Analytics has a lot of features they are trying to expand their functionality

What do you dislike?

It has alot of problems, the legacy authoring tool is broken since the new UI roll out, the new dashboard feature does not have alot of options

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would stay away from this software it is not as good as Tableau, Qlik Sense, or Power BI from microsoft

IBM cognos is a staple at allot of business intelligence depts in many large enterprises, unfortunately it has not aged well and is a laggard in business analytics software.

IBM Cognos review by Minh L.
Minh L.

"I built out a CPM solution using this product"

What do you like best?

The ease of building out the data models and reports/templates. I also like the fact that you can easily create cubes of whichever dimensions you wanted and view snapshots of the data almost instantaneously. There is a BI component which I'd like to explore.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the (what I found to be) non-intuitive TI language to feed cubes from one to the other. I'm not sure if I could pick it up or where to even get the resources to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Certain CPM softwares are right for certain companies.

Be sure to explore:

1) VENA

2) Tagetik

3) Prophix

4) IBM Cognos TM1

5) LongView

(In no particular Order)

Moving from one CPM solution to another. The benefits I've realized were that TM1 is well-equipped with tools that can be leveraged for BI/CPM and other forms of analytics.

IBM Cognos review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Services
Internal Consultant in Consumer Services

"IBM Cognos BI"

What do you like best?

IBM Cognos is a suite of BI functionality that encompasses dashboards, ad-hoc reports, standardized reports and mobile reports so there is usually more than one way to accomplish a goal. IBM Cognos has spent significant effort improving the underlying query engines in v10 while also updating the overall visuals to a more modern look and feel.

What do you dislike?

IBM Cognos (like most of the seasoned BI vendors) is extremely proud of their software. Licensing is expensive and the learning curve can be steep without guidance from someone well-versed in the technology. Business users seem to find the breadth of functionality overwhelming so they tend to back away from the self-empowerment that we've made available to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate as many solutions as possible. Invite each vendor to participate in a Proof-of-Concept with your data. All demos have been perfected to work with an extremely small set of data. Most vendors claim to excel with large data sets so make them prove it.

We are using IBM Cognos BI mostly for standardized reporting. We are starting to push out dashboards, Active and mobile Reports.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Review of Cognos by a 10 year report developer"

What do you like best?

That there are multiple ways to come to the same result. Developers have a great variety of methods to use in order to perform certain functions. It also allows me to be creative and unique in how I design and develop reports.

What do you dislike?

When I run into a roadblock while developing a report, I have to google my issue instead being able to find my answer on IBM's website. IBM's support site is difficult to navigate and often does not contain the answer I'm seeking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it is a complex report development tool aimed at experienced developers. You can't deny the flexibility in what can be produced.

I'm mainly using cognos as a tool to devleop reports that will improve my company's financial status. Mainly by creating reports that point out inflated costs in different operational areas of the company. The results of these reports can then be used to adjust certain procedures or strategies that will help in reducing these costs.

IBM Cognos review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"IBM Cognos a solid suite of business intelligence and financial performance tools."

What do you like best?

IBM Cognos has a wide range of products involve in the suite that allow the business to get the reporting they need in the way they want it. IBM also does an increasingly good job of integrating the products together.

What do you dislike?

Certain aspects of the tool are overly difficult or not developed enough. The dashboarding aspect of Cognos BI definitely needs some improvement to be effective and there is still some development on the visual aspect needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you need and how much you want things to work together. Other products may hit specific needs better, but using all IBM products can also provide a benefit over splitting your suite across 2 or 3 different software companies. Evaluate your needs and then look at demos or ask the companies for demos if you are big enough to warrant one. This will allow you to make the best decision possible.

Cognos can solve a variety of business problems and has been used to put in forecasting for sales and finance and reporting for sales to actively update progress of actuals versus goals.

IBM Cognos review by Proby P.
Proby P.

"Best business analytics with IBM Cognos"

What do you like best?

Robust features, great DWH (datawarehouse) models, multiple fact tables, SQL queries are straightforward

What do you dislike?

You must take NetApp OCI, SQL, or IBM Cognos training otherwise it's very difficult to learn

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the training!

Storage capacity, performance, utilization, ROI

IBM Cognos review by Misbah S.
Misbah S.

"Reporting and Analytics Toll"

What do you like best?

Ability to run reports and get data for yourself without relying on IT to provide data.

What do you dislike?

UX can be more user friendly, long run times for certain reports.

business metrics and reporting

IBM Cognos review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

"Great for Publishing Reports, Challenge to Set Up"

What do you like best?

This tool is great for writing "canned" reports with prompts that end users can run when needed. It is a great way to control the data as well, so that users are seeing the same data across departments.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you have to build star schemas specific to Cognos, which can lead to missing data or even misinterpretation of the data, if not built correctly.

Departmental reporting on grant proposal submissions and awards for research. Gives end users a "one stop shop" to meet the bulk of their regular reporting needs.

IBM Cognos review by User

"IBM Cognos Analytics"

What do you like best?

i like the ease and familiarity of the user interface

What do you dislike?

At times, the internet browser that you are using might not be compatible. There are certain instances where a developer is required to step in and a user cannot create simple reports. The ease of use if generally true for canned reports.

We are attempting to generate multiple canned and ad-hoc reports for internal and external report purposes as well as drive business decisions.

IBM Cognos review by Consultant in Sporting Goods
Consultant in Sporting Goods

"Cognos Review"

What do you like best?

versatility and the way cognos supports queries.

What do you dislike?

Visualization and speed of query execution. Cognos Visualizations lack dept and advanced analytics is difficult to implement as compared to rivals in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reporting platform then go for IBM Cognos but if you are looking at visualization and analytics then you might as well get a better product.

HR reporting, we have a standard set of HR Reports and we use them as data reports for HR

IBM Cognos review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Light user for supply chain historical data & reports"

What do you like best?

The versatility in reports that can be run, in terms of working with the many different data feilds we use

What do you dislike?

Not always the most intuitive or easy to use platform for light users

Managing supply chain purchasing and materials tracking, historical data, & metrics

IBM Cognos review by Brenda T.
Brenda T.

"IBM Cognos"

What do you like best?

This software is very user friendly. I like how easy this is to figure out all you need to know.

What do you dislike?

This is one of the most expensive software programs I have come across.

This is a great tool to use to structure the data we have. Also is very secure and reliable.

IBM Cognos review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"In theory great but needs UX upgrade"

What do you like best?

it does a lot- integrating across business functions and allows multiple users in multiple offices to input data and run comprehensive reports

What do you dislike?

It is cumbersome and customizing the reports you need at the office level is challenging. The user interface is lacking and you have to usually go multiple levels/clicks into the system to get to what you need.

tracking new business and financials

IBM Cognos review by Kalyn F.
Kalyn F.

"Cognos Review"

What do you like best?

This product presents information in a concise way.

What do you dislike?

This product runs slowly and does not have an easy learning curve. The product also isn't attractive--it lacks style.

Collecting and distributing data for a team is made easy through this product.

IBM Cognos review by Hardik P.
Hardik P.

"Excellent BI tool for creating Reports / Dashboards"

What do you like best?

Its really nice reporting tool, we have used it for few projects and created reports / dashboards. It has some inbuilt / out of the box templates to use for end users

What do you dislike?

it is expensive and not easy installation / configuration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to find help on internet because wide range of user communities around the internet. If you are plannign to implement this in smaller company then the licensing fees could be something you need to look out first.

Generating reports / dashboards based on Historial data to show trends to the higher management for their better decision making ability. I would say Its the best tool around in the market for BI.

IBM Cognos review by User in Maritime
User in Maritime

"Cognos Analytics Review"

What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use and build reports.

What do you dislike?

Not very flexible in terms of what data elements can or cannot be used.

competitive pricing analysis, financial reporting. Benefits: able to extract large quantities of data.

IBM Cognos review by Alexandria H.
Alexandria H.

"IBM Cognos Review"

What do you like best?

I like that one is able to compile large data sets and derive meaningful results using Cognos.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the interface; it is antiquated and sometimes loads slowly, depending on one's connection.

I am solving problems relating to potential theft and fraud.

"IBM cognos analytics"

What do you like best?

IBM cognos analytics makes it easier to keep everything in the same place, it makes It easy with access to mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

Glitches in the reporting occasionally that can not be controlled.

Data reporting is especially easy. These reports are updated in a timely manner and allows me and my team to make business decisions in the moment instead of waiting around until it's too late to implement change.

IBM Cognos review by Jeremy H.
Jeremy H.

"I use Cognos Bi daily to run reports from our Datawarehouse"

What do you like best?

It's an extremely powerful, robust reporting tool. I can pull a vast amount of data on demand and you can program the reporting needs of your company.

What do you dislike?

It can be rather daunting with everything you can do at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know SQL and have a sound programming knowledge in order to utilize all that this product has to offer

We are solving the needs of our business clients by providing relevant, accurate data on both a scheduled and ad-hoc need basis.

IBM Cognos review by Consultant in Government Administration
Consultant in Government Administration

"Perfect"

What do you like best?

this was an amazing product that helped our company be able to use, explore, and share excessive data so that we could improve our business. Truly a useful tool and I suggest you for those looking to watch their business closely and develop immense growth.

What do you dislike?

Can't really say there was much I didnt like considering you get what you pay for.

Successful client access and satisfaction

IBM Cognos review by Michael M. H.
Michael M. H.

"Great FP&A tool for multi user use"

What do you like best?

The platform is user friendly and makes using the tool with multiple users at the same time possible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can run slow but that could also be an internal VPN issue, not sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy to learn tool that is similar in style to excel.

Solving the issue of keeping FP&A excel like sheets current and accessible for many users.

IBM Cognos review by Rohan G.
Rohan G.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Drill down capabilities

Easy export

What do you dislike?

Finding online resources or training material is difficult

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know the product is right for you. It has a lot of analytic oriented functions which you should know before using it. Having a trained professional will help

No problem as such. But it allowed me build a cross-selling model to help market our products to the right customers. Also used it to do a profitability analysis by combining our loan and deposit customers. Use a lot for adhoc reporting as well.

IBM Cognos review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"My Cognos Review"

What do you like best?

Great flexibility when designing dashboards.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve when initially trying to get up to speed. Training resources were okay.

Creating automated performance dashboards.

IBM Cognos review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Analytics definitely gets the job done by letting us know best practices for our sales roles. Have not had any issues with crashing and bugs like with other programs.

What do you dislike?

Like all programs you just have to use it to understand how it works.

How to recognize best sales practices, relatively easy to access

IBM Cognos review by Manasvini (Shriya) R.
Manasvini (Shriya) R.

"Painful"

What do you like best?

I really didn't like it. At best, it was easy to store all your data in one place.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to pivot, even harder to use. It was outdated and couldn't be easily exported from excel.

I was looking to analyze large databases and have since switched to mixpanel. We were trying to find out what our sell-through revenue for paritcular lines of our product were.

User in Banking

"Powerful tool but not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Ability to do deep dives into datasets allows for great insights.

What do you dislike?

Maneuvering between multiple analysis can be difficult at times due to web-based and rigid nature.

Query run time can be slow.

Understanding expenses and FTE

IBM Cognos review by Tracey S.
Tracey S.

"Extremely powerful reporting software"

What do you like best?

I have used Cognos for reporting with Cincom Synchrony. It is a very powerful reporting tool. Not only can you set up standard reports, but it allows you to use extremely flexible Analytical reports on the fly as well as to see cube views. You can filter, sort, swap rows and columns, change how your data is displayed, and show exceptions in different colors, just to name a few of its features.

What do you dislike?

It is not the easiest product to install. There is a long process for its installation. It is also not a cheap product. On the high end of the list of reporting tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an very powerful reporting tool, you should try this one. I can report anything that you need.

Integrating reports into other software such as Cincom Synchrony.

IBM Cognos review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Migration from C10 to CA on Cloud"

What do you like best?

the new feature and self serve capabilities

What do you dislike?

lack of some feature that we are used to on C10

users or developers can now easily do data discovery by creating the data module and join the data sources without waiting all the data are ETL to our data warehouse or data marts

IBM Cognos review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Cognos: Business Intelligence Made Easy but not Simple"

What do you like best?

Accessible to the technically unsophisticated.

What do you dislike?

So many options, it can be difficult to optimize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IBM Cognos Analytics is no flash-in-the-pan software fad. It's time tested and proven, and with IBM's resources and support, Cognos will always be on the cutting edge of innovation.

Cognos helps establish the link between actions and results. Cognos helps solve the age old problem of determining return on investment.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Meh..."

What do you like best?

Trainings are informative, but almost necessary to use this non user friendly system

What do you dislike?

Too many steps to achieve a result. Not that user friendly.

Timesheet resolution

IBM Cognos review by Gary M.
Gary M.

"good product, steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

Cognos has a bit of a steep learning curve, but is very powerful once you become more accustomed to using it. Changes are relatively easy to make

What do you dislike?

some solutions can require very complex table joins and the GUI for viewing them can get hairy

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's solid tool for directly reporting from an SQL db

I've mainly used it for HR applications

IBM Cognos review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Cognos does the job, but definitely has room for improvement."

What do you like best?

Reports are downloadable to excel into an easy to read format.

What do you dislike?

The navigation is not easy to move through. A move visual and user-friendly interface would improve the system.

Use for time tracking, invoicing, fund tracking.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"IBM Cognos - Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

You can create many reports easily with sophisticated functions. This is great for the power user. Filters mechanism is easy to use - can either type or use their pre-built templates as a guide. Automation of on-going scheduled reports and reminders are helpful.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly for a novice user. It can be intimidating looking at it for the first time. Would like this to work in Chrome.

We receive many report requests. So any ongoing reports are created and automated in this system. Ad-hoc report requests are generated. So being able to quickly drag and drop and format has been very helpful.

IBM Cognos review by Callistus P.
Callistus P.

"One of the best BI tools"

What do you like best?

I can make very complicated or very simple reports !

What do you dislike?

Performance can be a bit poor at times. Sometimes I notice the web app crashes (overcome this by saving constantly though)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool has a lot of user communities, so you will always find help( also good support). IBM always has been a leader in the BI tool market(look at 'Gartners BI Magic Quadrant'). However, if you are a smaller company license costs could be an issue !

Generating historical data based reports to show trends etc. It was really easy to implement this using Framework manager and report studio

IBM Cognos review by Mohan K.
Mohan K.

"good"

What do you like best?

easier to develop the reports. report template mechanism is very good. ability to generate cross functional reports is amazing

What do you dislike?

As it is, cost of IBM products are expensive. On top of it, initial consultant work is adding lot of cash to the budget.

reports and dashboards

IBM Cognos review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Best Analytics tool from IBM"

What do you like best?

This application is very easy to use both for the developers and the business users. With new functionality, it is efficient .

What do you dislike?

The dashbord development is something i am not in favour of with this application.

Providing analytics about the automobile industry trends to the various departmenrts.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Cognos BI "

What do you like best?

I have supported Cognos BI products since 2000 - mostly in an administrative and support function. When we worked with Cognos Series 7, the PowerPlay Transformer cubes and IWR reports could answer any question that the end user needed to find an answer for. I was really pleased to see that Cognos incorporated versions of those products into Cognos 8. Over the years, the support I have received from the Cognos support people could not have been better, even after the company was acquired by IBM.

What do you dislike?

From a technical aspect, at time the Cognos applications did not perform well with large amounts of data. Also because the tool offered the user much flexibility, at times a very poorly written report could impact the performance of the entire system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that if your company is considering IBM Cognos, do the research to ensure that you are choosing the right tool for your reporting needs from their suite of tools.

The tool was used primarily for Business Intelligence reporting for a company in the Transportation and Logistics industry. With this tool, end-users could easily develop and deliver reports themselves that met their reporting needs.

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"IBM Cognos BI (the biggest rollercoaster in the park) enjoy the ride"

What do you like best?

I like the overall product versatility. It can handle almost any reporting or analytical needs of an organization. It's like having a full tool chest waiting for whatever job may be presented

What do you dislike?

Pricing amd maintenance cost can be daunting. making changes to your licensing can be a challenge

Recommendations to others considering the product

recommend this if you have a large user base with many different reporting and analytical needs

we do all major reporting using the cognos tools. it allows us to maintain a central point of inquiry for our users

IBM Cognos review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

The fact that everyone has access to a database and can make changes within their own workspace, and not doing so through a 'web' link.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much to dislike. I cant see where this can improve?

Sales and finance data are easily accessible.

IBM Cognos review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great for cloud analytics"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Integrable.customizable report generation

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like . But I feel there is scope for improvement in training programs for first time implentation and integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better training programs for integration.

Report generation , analytics , cloud integration

IBM Cognos review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Cognos V11 is just what we have been waiting for..."

What do you like best?

The new user interface and graphical capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The speed of some advanced reports is 20 seconds to return.

We have discovered in insights into our pipeline and the resources needed to support our clients. It helped increase sales by focusing us on the right customers with the right amount of resources.

IBM Cognos review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Cognos is good reporting tool"

What do you like best?

Best reporting tool ever used. Performance and slice and dice reporting works just well

What do you dislike?

Cube building process is little slow. .

Congos is very good reporting tool. The slice and dice works very well and performance is good.

IBM Cognos review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"We use it at the port for our capital and operating project data were and to build dashboard "

What do you like best?

Build report and display information very easy.

What do you dislike?

Need to be program all the time. It’s not built in. But we can costumize to our company needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More built in tools & features .

costumize to our company needs.

IBM Cognos review by Nikhil P.
Nikhil P.

"Cognos BI"

What do you like best?

- Good ad-hoc capability

- In the hands of a seasoned developer/power-user can be very powerful

What do you dislike?

- Susceptible to badly written reports performing slow.

- Requires lot of support

- Training material has been slow coming by as versions have upgraded

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Considering the tighter integration industry leading tools like Microstrategy and Business Objects have and the challengers in Tableau/Qlikview, there has to be a extremely important feature in the Cognos suite to go with this tool

Testing tools for OLAP capability for large Financial datasets

IBM Cognos review by Lori H.
Lori H.

"Strong Analytic Tool with User Friendly GUI"

What do you like best?

We achieved great user adoption with a focused investment of our time. The navigation, features and functions have greatly improved over the past 5 years. It is scalable and adaptable to meet our needs as they have evolved over time.

What do you dislike?

Training materials haven't kept up with newer versions. Upgrades have been cumbersome without professional services. Licensing is expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the investment upfront in developing a strong cadre of super users in key business areas who understand the business rules and the data. Provide super users with onsite training and mentoring, (we used a Cognos business partner) through professional services. Keep up to speed on new versions by networking in Cognos Support Groups and by attending conferences.

User in Retail

"Learning Curve But Worth It"

What do you like best?

I find that it makes it really easy to share data.

What do you dislike?

It took me some time to get used to the program.

The data remains confidential, which is extremely important in my line of work.

IBM Cognos review by Internal Consultant in Apparel & Fashion
Internal Consultant in Apparel & Fashion

"Burst reports using Cognos "

What do you like best?

The fact that we were able to burst the report and have the ability to rename the reports was the key requirement we needed to meet and only Cognos was able to meet that requirement.

What do you dislike?

It required some script coding to manage the renaming of the reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very flexible

The business problem was to generate a seperate report per a defined key. The benefit was Cognos was able to satisfy our need.

IBM Cognos review by Executive Sponsor in Government Administration
Executive Sponsor in Government Administration

"Project Manager"

What do you like best?

I can write reports for all data fields in our case management system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to get the exact data that is needed and I need to use our analysts to pull the information correctly.

We track our number of eFiling submissions and attorneys registered for the system. It lets us know how much our system is growing month to month.

IBM Cognos review by Internal Consultant in Insurance
Internal Consultant in Insurance

"IBM cloud analytics "

What do you like best?

Makes my job 100x easier and makes analytics more streamlined thus cutting time down on manual entry

What do you dislike?

Could have more GB storage, and be less confusing to use

My job got more efficient

IBM Cognos review by User in Plastics
User in Plastics

"We used it to write some reports out of our ERP system"

What do you like best?

Automation and layout as well as having the data readily available every morning for analysis

What do you dislike?

Ease of use and trying to get edits moved

Data readily available every morning to see where things are throughout our workflow

IBM Cognos review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Let's us go everywhere "

What do you like best?

Ease of interface and security allows us to access important data securely

What do you dislike?

Sometimes system can be slow but that may be the systems feeding into it

Allow us to access vertical applications in our industry

IBM Cognos review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Reporting and cubes"

What do you like best?

Fully functional and scaleable to meet the needs of enterprise companies.

What do you dislike?

Higher cost and not as nimble as some of the competition out there shaking up the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Product is in transition and trying to stay competitive.

Operational reporting and some analytics.

IBM Cognos review by User in Computer Software

"Useful. "

What do you like best?

drag and drop and very easy to navigate

What do you dislike?

more customization for reporting and charts

this has help us with reporting and creating the reports in a fast and easy way

"Use it for Reporting"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Reports come out clean and performance seems okay.

What do you dislike?

Difficult/expensive to make changes to reports without in-house expertise.

Gain a view into the data that is housed in our application - able to share counts with business partners

IBM Cognos review by User

"Reporting made easy"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, easy to navigate and easy to export documents.

What do you dislike?

its rare but sometimes the system can be slow.

Creating sightline to KPI's for the front line and upper mangent.

IBM Cognos review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Good for our unique purpose"

What do you like best?

I like being able to live link to data in Excel spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

The software is very expensive for a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software can be great for non-traditional uses, if it works with your data type.

We use it to store benchmarking data.

IBM Cognos review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"First exposure to BI/DWH, Cognos OLAP technology was a game changer"

What do you like best?

The web based cube technology is intuitive and powerful.

What do you dislike?

Tighter integration between the components would be nice and a more powerful ETL component would be a big improvement.

Implementation of OLAP cubes has allowed the finance area to quickly identify upstream data quality issues.

IBM Cognos review by User in Financial Services

"Easy to use and getting better"

What do you like best?

Easy to report off of. Do not need to know SQL

What do you dislike?

Joining of history tables make it very very difficult to report historic data.

Mainly reporting on HRIS data. Able to extract more data that makes analysis easier. Make decisions more accurate.

IBM Cognos review by Susan K.
Susan K.

"Great tool on its own but labour intensive"

What do you like best?

The ad hoc capability is great and several years ago it was the only tool that provided that level of functionality.

What do you dislike?

Slow and hard to use and requires LOTS OF SUPPORT. Most ERP software comes with its own reporting capability so why go to the effort, cost and demand of integrating another tool on top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure you need this tool depending on what product you are implementing. Think Cognos has had its 15 minutes.

IBM Cognos review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Strong analytic capabilities with intuitive relational infrastructure makes Cognos a solid BI tool"

What do you like best?

The GUI has improved drastically over the past couple of years making it much easier to navigate to most end users. The features and ability to customize create a luxurious BI environment for even novice analysts.

What do you dislike?

With a product this comprehensive and powerful, it misses many of the opportunities to win users over with a sub-par set of help resources and online tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A key consideration when evaluating the practicality of this product is implementation. Cognos works and scales exceptionally well when time and resources are well invested into the implementation.

Learn more about IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud

IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud Videos

Learning about IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud?

* We monitor all IBM Cognos Analytics on Cloud reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.