IBM CPQ

IBM CPQ

3.8

IBM Sterling Configure, Price, Quote enables your sales team and channel partners to accurately configure, price, quote, and order complex products & services.

Work for IBM CPQ?

Learning about IBM CPQ?

IBM CPQ Reviews

Ask IBM CPQ a Question
Showing 55 IBM CPQ reviews
IBM CPQ review by Yudith Marlene A.
Yudith Marlene A.

"Improve your sales with IBM CPQ"

What do you like best?

This program is a sales adviser and counselor, in which its main tool is to help improve the sales processes to adjust the parameters of the buyers, where it can be adapted as much as the prices as in the quality of the product you are looking for , in addition to that, it gathers the testimonials of the clients, in order to improve the sales process, it also gives the opportunity to cross-sell in order to find a better option for the client, it allows you to perform a quote visibility process , fast and safe

What do you dislike?

This software has the purpose of being able to improve your sales, for me it has nothing negative that is a very complete software to compete and attract clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

should give more information about this software so that new users have more information

My experience is test however the tools to improve the sales process, where you can create the parameters and the software will give you options for improvements, after the sale the system collects if you want the buyer's testimony, for Know how you can improve your sales and get many more sales options

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IBM CPQ
IBM CPQ review by Ivy B.
Ivy B.

"Sterling Order Management"

What do you like best?

The program makes cancelling orders and modifying order charges a little simpler than other programs we use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the program is terribly slow, which can be a bit of a challenge when you have a customer on the phone. I also find that I have to close out of the program frequently and redo steps multiple times to get the program to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend this particular software to a business, because of the level of difficult I've personally experienced trying to use it. I am unsure if it is due to the complexity of the software, but no one in our company seems to fully understand how the program works, and it can present major problems with cancelling special order sales. I have experienced extreme customer dissatisfaction while using this software.

It is a somewhat functional software for placing customer orders. I have not noticed many specific benefits to the Sterling software.

What CPQ solution do you use?

IBM CPQ review by Mary Thomas P.
Mary Thomas P.

"Forward-thinking method for quicker sales"

What do you like best?

IBM® CPQ has helped my team log sales for several new digital products we offer to advertisers. The main thing I like is that it is consistent with other IBM programs I've used - clean and simple. IBM has a sleek interface that I find relatively easy to use. IBM CPQ is a forward-thinking program that offers ways to track a client's success. There is also a useful price management module that is easy for all channels to access that help our business make the best decision for conducting further sales.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, there was a noticeable lag when opening this program. It also slowed down other functions running at the same time. However, it seems like this issue is getting better and is rarely an issue anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Experience with other IBM programs

IBM CPQ is helping us get to our goal of drastically shortening what was originally a lengthy sales cycle to a more concise and faster turning one. Some of the main benefits they've provided are: automated pricing and approval processes plus helping to deliver the products and services our customers need in a lot less time, and with more accuracy.

IBM CPQ review by NASEER S.
NASEER S.

"Implementation was very custom and performance of the product was not optimum"

What do you like best?

Product provide good tools like visual modeler to configure rules but during implementation it was not mature enough. It capability to integrate with WCS and OMS was defintely good and helpful. IBM product team provided excellent service to implement the product. Post implemntation service is good but can be improved, in my view.

What do you dislike?

Performance Caching Mechanism Model/Rules flexibiblity and Scalability. Not ready for on-prem cloud implementation Roadmap is not very clear to meet digital architecture initiatives

If I had to start over then I would compare and contrast the product with other options in the market more closely. I would like to review any other large scale deployment of the product and definitely review the best possible architecture to get best performance in my eco system.

IBM CPQ review by Josh P.
Josh P.

"The IBM CPQ application synchronizes your online sales and distribution channels."

What do you like best?

What i like about this program is that you can manage sales channels. You can also access a lot of different things from delivery details to how your clients success is doing.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike a little about this program is that there's not a lot going on for freelancers, but they make up for it in many different ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Manage sales channels

Coordinate distribution

Automatic synchronization

Mobile compatible

Manage sales quotes

Free upgrade quotations

Business problems? no more like i can handle everything! problem or no problem. The benefits? again i solve everything with this, at least when i was using it. I would use it again.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"CPQ review "

What do you like best?

One of the main things that I love about this tool is the flexibility it gives to it pisses heaters by providing all different price tears no matter if you’re a small business or a large enterprise customer. It’s also very easy to use so there’s not too many complications with the tool itself. One other thing that makes it unique is the permission levels which make it easy for internal team is to communicate throughout the channels.

What do you dislike?

They deafly have some packing problems where the server and API crash, they do do a good job with resolving the issue though. Also from the customer side they could do a little bit of a better job on their training into

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember that treating is super important when you first implement this product. If the proper training is not in place, you will have difficulties getting up and running in a proper fashion. This might have to do with the lack of customer support, but if you push them to help you with on boarding, I’m sure that you will have no problems With running the product.

Like I said earlier with the channel selling, you’re able to increase the revenue through optimizations, which of virtually lead to cost-reduction. Also one of the key features is the internal communications, this allows you to send messages more efficiently

IBM CPQ review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Use the most for price quotes and proposals "

What do you like best?

IBM cpw held representatives like myself, who are in the sales role, manage leads, and pricing quotes the best. I use other systems such a sales force for lead management, but I prefer to use ibm cpw for price quotes because sales force doesn’t give this option. Out of all the systems we use that offer s pricing module, IBM CPW is the only one I can use to generate a professional quote/ proposal , right from the same system where the pricing was generated from. This helps to save time, and gives a waaaayyy more professional proposal piece which is very important when tying to acquire new accounts.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn’t say I dislike anything, but I will say that I do prefer other systems over this one, as far as lead management is concerned. Also this system is very technical, and for all the other features it offers, it’s not very user friendly, which is why I only use it for two main functions; pricing, proposals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very technical software. Not for beginners

The main thing I use this system for is accurate pricing quotes and proposals. It saves time, and is more professional to use when trying to acquire new business.

IBM CPQ review by Ray S.
Ray S.

"Very simple program"

What do you like best?

I can say that our organization really find this user friendly and very convenient software. The only thing people need to be aware of is having a lot of ram would make things farther.

What do you dislike?

I've realized that the software consumes a big portion of the memory. According to the loga, it uses a huge part of the resources found in explorer. Hopefully in the next update the problem will be resolved.

Took a huge impact documentations, customized workflow engine. We document billing, invoices, documents and technical support related issues.

"IBM CPQ Review "

What do you like best?

CPQ does a number of things that simply makes dealing with clients and business easy. I have found that the system reduces costs in many aspects. By that I mean you no longer need a manual pricing execution which in return enables business users to facilitate price maitenience, lowers call center volumes, improved customer satisfaction, saves time and efficiency. In turn this is reducing many unnecessary costs and time for our business, sales, and customers.

What do you dislike?

There’s not really many disadvantages to the system in place. It seems to do much more good than anything else.

Customer satisfaction, improved timing with products being available to the market, order processing time has increased by 60%, online sales revenue have almost quadrupled, increased sales, ensures accuracy of pricing, etc;

IBM CPQ review by Bharath J.
Bharath J.

"IBM Sterling CPQ"

What do you like best?

The Builds are the best part in IBM Sterling CPQ. IBM Sterling Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) Capabilities

With the help of the highly skilled implementation team from Lightwell, your company will benefit from numerous capabilities, including the following:

A product configurator that provides all of your sales channels a consistent means to build a product configuration with up-to-date product specifications and pricing. Whether your sales channel is your customer facing website, your call center, your sales team, or a strategic partner or reseller, you can present a single view of your product offerings to all channels, and have filtering criteria and security built around the product configurator.

A price management module that enables you to centralize the creation, change and communication of product pricing data. This module is highly customizable based on your business rules, and gives maximum flexibility to business users by providing a multitude of price levels by product and by customer. Also, price changes can be transmitted and sent easily, giving real time updated information to all channels when needed.

A catalog that allows you to deliver product information across the demand chain and manage all aspects of selling product parts.

What do you dislike?

ANT Scripting is the only thing that we have to learn

Recommendations to others considering the product

With a partner like IBM Sterling CPQ, you can be assured that your implementation will bring added benefit to your business.

Reduced costs and increased revenue by optimizing channel selling

Improved efficiency and reduced order errors by streamlining the selling process

Increased aftermarket business and revenue through more efficient management of product and service operations

IBM CPQ review by Harrison L.
Harrison L.

"Seamless "

What do you like best?

The ability to manipulate both genetic and environmental variables with relative ease has made CPQ my go to sales software on many occasions.

What do you dislike?

Like all software there’s always room for improvement, some designs in the code are somewhat redundant but that’s nothing a path can’t resolve.

In certain situations CPQ has been able to solve many problems for both corporate and customers that seemed somewhat hard to find a solution to.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with this program it's easy to use and explains itself I can understand exactly what to do next because it tells you to I wish we had more programming abilities but I guess that will come with time.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more intricate and had more abilities. But then again there's always room to grow. And I guess I will advance along with technology as it goes.

It's easy to use and very self-explanatory. I couldn't have asked for an easier platform to do my business from.

IBM CPQ review by Lanora L.
Lanora L.

"Absolute best"

What do you like best?

Software is easy to navigate through rarely freeze during an presentation

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that it freezes in the middle of work when working on a presentation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot you have nothing to lose one of the best softwares for a large or small businesses

What stock I have an inventory the analytics of it is very easy to navigate through

IBM CPQ review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Amazing interface"

What do you like best?

Its usefulness in my job. It has a simple UI and is easy to learn and use. Just knowing the basics is enough.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if it is a software problem or hardware problem but it used to give me some lag while i used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. It is way better than other cpq softwares available in market. Trust IBM.

I use it where i work on it when i was a construction site manager. I use to edit all my site equipment prices in it.

IBM CPQ review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"One of the best programs ever"

What do you like best?

I like how it is very easy to use and there are not many complications in the program

What do you dislike?

I struggle a lot to get logged in at moments, I don't know if its my computer or the program but sometimes it wont let me access my account

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

To be able to send messages quickly and browse different queue

IBM CPQ review by Brianna E.
Brianna E.

"Cpq rev"

What do you like best?

I like the versatility of the program and the variety of options aviable and it helps get rid of inconsistency

What do you dislike?

we have freelnace and remote employees and it is not the easiest for them to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

easier to use on all devices and for remote and freelance employees

consistency across all sales platforms

"Use of the IBM machine"

What do you like best?

I like efficiency of this software and how it is able to efficiently get work done. I also like that there is little no glitches.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that there are some freezing with this software. Another thing I dislike is that there might be little glitches that may arrive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider no recommendations.

IBM CPQ has benefit me with being able to ring customers up and efficiently get them in their way and out the door of the business.

IBM CPQ review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Simple as that"

What do you like best?

I'm very impressed with the software and not only how easy it is to use but all of the different types of color schemes

What do you dislike?

Very difficult to understand at first, also something's on the software like the settings layout is too complicated for many users

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use it and get a head start on using it to it's full potential

Pull print out of the open to close sales and total revenue and organizes it very easy to read and understand

IBM CPQ review by Agency
Agency

"Review de IMB "

What do you like best?

It takes a lot of time in beginning stages to understand the each functions and how to use them properly.

What do you dislike?

We've streamlined our key processes around contract management through Steelbrick. The system is directly tied to the ease of which our sales & success teams can close deals and improving our data integrity.

IBM CPQ review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"2nd head cashier "

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use, and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I really dont have any negative things to say but sometimes it has issues stopping.

It has plenty of benefits.

IBM CPQ review by Brooke J.
Brooke J.

"It got the job done "

What do you like best?

Used this as an OS while working at Dillard’s department stores. It ran.

What do you dislike?

The version we used was out of date. It could be hard to complete orders with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No preference

Used it for retail.

IBM CPQ review by User in Financial Services

"Does the job but not as intuitive and user friendly as competitive tools "

What do you like best?

The routing features work quite well and it gets to the right people for approval in an easy manner

What do you dislike?

If you are doing multiple bids for the same deal it is very hard to keep track of which bid is for what. Furthermore, if you have declined bids you cannot make simple changes to reactivate it.

Have the ability to quote and price out deals for customers

IBM CPQ review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"IBM CPQ"

What do you like best?

I find that using this item lets me be free to make the choice & use the terms & codes freely in what I am doing

What do you dislike?

Not enough time to understand all of it at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just making the terminology more easier to understand upon first reading & using

I just refer it to the IT department and then they come tell me on better terms what is going on etc

IBM CPQ review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Enterprise social networking platform designed to ease communication between sales and distribution "

What do you like best?

The IBM CPQ application synchronizes your online sales and distribution channels via the one centralized platform. Each IBM CPQ receives login details and based on their permissions they can communicate with specific channels.

What do you dislike?

I have faced a few challenges with crashing and sometimes its' not as intuitive as it is supposed to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes sure that you thoroughly review the features that suit your company's needs.

Communication between sales and distribution

IBM CPQ review by Evan L.
Evan L.

"Its great"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use, user freindly

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all in my opinion. Nothing bad to say

Organization

IBM CPQ review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"Quoting"

What do you like best?

I like how IBM CPQ can automatically quote.

What do you dislike?

Like of ability to have multiple "if" "then" variables included in the automated functions.

Quickly responding to customers and potential clients.

IBM CPQ review by Angela B.
Angela B.

"My experience with ibm is that it works really well and is easy to get"

What do you like best?

The quality of the product is very easy to use

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about it

Faster technology

IBM CPQ review by Consultant in Media Production
Consultant in Media Production

"Custom Price Quoting Review"

What do you like best?

There are some basic functionalities that we needed for quoting that this product satisfied. Other than that though I would not recommend it.

What do you dislike?

It works today because of the heavy customization we had to do with the software. A lot of the promises we were told about IBM Sterling CPQ did not hold to the business requirements that we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business is doing complicated promotions and product configurations don't go with this solution.

The promotions that we need to add to quotes are done more efficiently.

IBM CPQ review by Shiv S.
Shiv S.

"easy to use"

What do you like best?

easy to install, administer and use on an ongoing basis

What do you dislike?

more customization functionality would be very useful

having product configuration, pricing and quotes all in one place makes it fast to complete the process

"Good service "

What do you like best?

The quality and easiness to work with. It has many applications that we use to sell phones.

What do you dislike?

Poor connection when the wind is blowing slightly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product just when the weather's not nice, it will take a long time to load.

Selling phones. Getting promoted on the sales I make.

"Ibm Cpq software "

What do you like best?

I feel like in my personal opinion that IBM CPQ could definitely use an update to be more convenient for the customer and employee.

What do you dislike?

It is slow and does not work properly most of the time.

I have not be able to.solve any problems and it has not increased sales.

"All-in-one takeaway."

What do you like best?

The ability to see sales reports well ordered, while showing successes of employees and clients alike.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike in this product. User inyis strong. A deeper tutorial for new users perhaps?

I enjoy the ability to manage, and view sales solutions on mobile devices great.

IBM CPQ review by Consultant

"What CPQ software can do for your business"

What do you like best?

Easily automates configuration, pricing, and quoting of complex products and services.

What do you dislike?

Need to download and install WebSphere Application Server fix pack 7 (or later). Need download and install DB2 fix pack 7 if using DB2

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy integration & utilities for adoption to be smooth

Enhanced customer satisfaction & shorter sales cycle

"It’s been helpful"

What do you like best?

I started my business fairly recently so I am new to all of this and IBM has been very helpful in increasing my sales revenue

What do you dislike?

So far I have only used it to configure sales revenue so I don’t have any complaints yet

It’s lowered cost and increased sales

"Fast and reliable"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about IBM CPQ is the versatility and reliability of the program.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked about IBM CPQ is the interface.

We are solving customer connections with IBM CPQ as it can be used in a variety of ways.

IBM CPQ review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"IBM CPQ Review"

What do you like best?

The interface was super intuitive to figure out

What do you dislike?

At the same time, it was also a bit cluttered, and took a bit of time for me to figure out how to use it for what I needed.

Tracking email data, string parsing

IBM CPQ review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"CPQ for client contracts "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and IBM has good customer support

What do you dislike?

Slow loading software and sometimes CRM doesn’t track to CPQ

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth transitioning to IBM CPQ

Using it to translate CRM sales leads over to CPQ for contracts. Less work for contracts team/all done electronically with built-in pricing details

IBM CPQ review by User

"The best software ever for sales"

What do you like best?

Configure, Price, Quote, or CPQ, is software that helps companies accurately define the price of goods across a huge and constantly changing spectrum of variables.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning you need extra help to understand how it works.

Define the price of goods diary

IBM CPQ review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"IbM"

What do you like best?

I think the interface is easy and quick to learn

What do you dislike?

The button are placed weird in some parts of the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone set it up it's a little confusing

I think it's very universal and with business could easy improve sales when used right

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The program is extremely easy to use and navigate between programs.

What do you dislike?

Fairly happy with the program, have not been exposed to others to do a true compare.

The IBM CPQ allows us to run and manage our CRM program.

"I enjoy it"

What do you like best?

It is extremely user friendly and adaptable for all my work applications

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything about it . I find that it is achieving everything I expected and more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend

I’m being more efficient and effective in my work

IBM CPQ review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"IBM is alive and well!"

What do you like best?

The brand name recognition, longevity of the name, company

What do you dislike?

IT is not as used friendly as i would like and more geared toward those who work in computers

solving problems related to business software solutions

IBM CPQ review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"Daily work program"

What do you like best?

Imb cpq is use daily to keep track of custpmer info and certain sales for us.

What do you dislike?

I rarely use it myself, the company has it available to keep track of clientele

Keeping organized mostly

IBM CPQ review by Consultant

"IBM is still a name you can trust"

What do you like best?

IBM has simplified integration so that using their products in tandem feels seamless.

What do you dislike?

Cost is higher than one would expect at this point.

Simplifying the search and ordering process of our extremely diverse products.

IBM CPQ review by Administrator

"We are migrating to a new billing platform but it has been useful when we relied on this system for "

What do you like best?

It had the necessary information for doing job and knew where to find what I needed.

What do you dislike?

It was not tied to our ordering system separate systems for ordering and billing.

N/A

IBM CPQ review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Love It!!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. It is very user friendly, even a monkey can do it.

What do you dislike?

nothing, I would change nothing, its perfect.

all customers service and have never had a problem.

"Sales Software? Eh"

What do you like best?

The software layout. Easy to navigate!!!

What do you dislike?

The speed is very slow. . When the call centers at its peak it’s slow

Increasing buyer likelihood of product purchasing

"ibm"

What do you like best?

how easy it is to use. and the pricing is good

What do you dislike?

there wasnt anything that I disliked about this product

keeping track of everything

"Best "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and very efficient for us

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are some bugs that made it annoying

We solve a couple

IBM CPQ review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Good system "

What do you like best?

This system if very reliable. I am not a big computer person myself

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is slow and we often times have computer issues

Na

Learn more about IBM CPQ

IBM CPQ Videos

Learning about IBM CPQ?

* We monitor all IBM CPQ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.