Hear customer stories about creating "killer" Domino applications, and watch the launch of Domino V10.
Since Domino was released 29 years ago (December 1989), it has been a critical application platform that businesses — from banks, insurance and communications companies — use in offices, ships, helicopters, and even oil rigs. Domino has been chosen by business and IT developers alike for decades to help build solutions with embedded workflow that can automate their business quickly and effectively.
Domino has always been a leader in application development, business transformation, and automation.
Domino has helped savvy business leaders to achieve critical outcomes for years.
Domino has always been a secure, rock-solid, and proven platform.
Domino V10, the biggest release in years, is the first installment in a reinvigorated Domino platform roadmap which represents the input of thousands of clients, IBM Champions and Business Partners globally for both application deployment and enterprise mail. Domino V10 is faster, more modern, and delivers lower TCO.
Advantages to highlight:
1. FAST: Rapid application development—we were there at the beginning of “low-code app dev” space to enable tech savvy business users and IT to get work done faster.
3. PROVEN: Enterprise grade platform—secure and scaleable for building workflow and collaboration-centric business processes using the world’s first NoSQL document database.
4. LOW TCO: Lowest Total Cost of Ownership—proven low administrative overhead and easy integration with enterprise ecosystems such as Microsoft. Domino is 15x more cost-effective than the alternatives.
6. MOBILE: Classic Domino applications can now go mobile. Without any code changes. In less than an hour. IBM Domino Mobile Apps lets developers turn their desktop applications into mobile solutions. On iPads, users can keep working offline and sync-up automatically when communication is available, or more reliable.
7. EASIER ADMIN: Domino V10 now supports CentOS, which lowers your costs immediately compared to Windows. CentOS can be used to create Docker Domino containers as easily as Red Hat Linux (or Windows), so you can deploy your Domino solution on-premises, hybrid, and public — wherever it makes sense for your business. We’ve instrumented V10 so you can understand every aspect of the performance of Domino applications and mail in real-time. Using tools such as NewRelic, you can fully understand the trends and identify opportunities to upgrade to new hardware, identify which application to optimize, or spot any bottlenecks.
8. BETTER EMAIL/CALENDARING: Now, with V10, there is a better user experience, and enhancements of essential email features. Expanded calendar usability, touch-screen support for tablets, and interoperability with O365 applications.
Domino Applications on the IBM Cloud
Domino Applications on Cloud can lower your TCO by 20-60%. When you partner with IBM, you gain access not only to a full stack of IBM Cloud security services, but also to an IBM security team supporting more than 12,000 customers in 133 countries. And, for the organization, and for you as a business leader, you further reduce your risk of exposure to outage or failure. Your teams will spend less time on maintenance and repair, and more time productive and focused on the business outcomes.
Domino is unbeatable for application development.