IBM MaaS360

Keep your business moving with mobile device management and security

Work for IBM MaaS360?

Learning about IBM MaaS360?

IBM MaaS360 Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 26 IBM MaaS360 reviews
IBM MaaS360 review by <span>Tyler M.</span>
Tyler M.

Our rep was so easy to get a hold of... BEFORE we signed the contract

What do you like best?

It may work well for large accounts, but support/sales don't seem to care about their small accounts

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. I haven't found a feature in this software that isn't available for free via ManageEngine

My sales rep 'yes man'd me hardcore. The main thing we were trying to accomplish was to set a policy for our 11 Android users not be able to turn off GPS in the native Android OS. We were having problems with corporate phones in the field not being able to get tracked. He told me we could set this policy remotely, and also deploy our corporate apps remotely. So we signed the minimum 1 year contract for our 11 devices.

Turns out (which seems to be standard practice but I was told up and down that it didn't need to happen) you need to be in person with the phone and do a fresh wipe of the device then install the MaaS360 software. Not the END of the world...but OK, we can individually bring all of these devices in, backup their files, wipe, deploy, reload apps and files...

If that worked. The deployment app just keeps crashing, and support over the phone is happy to take an email request and get back to you with a form response...

Also the remote deployment of apps really just sends a popup notice to the phone with a link to download the app from the Play Store.

I had left numerous voicemails and emails to our MaaS360 rep.. BEGGING him to reply to me. He was supposed to go over deployment and help us get going but he disappeared the day we signed the contract. It's funny because I still get his Spam messages weekly.

I also get an introduction e-mail every 2 months from someone new, who is our new "Account Manager", because our old "Account Manager" has moved on to other things. I tell this person We still never went live and to please just make sure our contract doesn't auto renew. They never reply.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sign a contract without knowing for sure it does what you want

I think you may also be able to sign up through your cell phone service provider, hopefully without yearly contract

We failed to go live with MaaS360, it was our first attempt at MDM-- so it was just an expensive learning experience since there are better options

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IBM MaaS360
IBM MaaS360 review by <span>Glenn R.</span>
Glenn R.

It works pretty well for MDM but file mgmt & assignment is lacking for off-line use

What do you like best?

Good set of device and application controls. The kiosk mode is great for locking down usage to specific apps. Easy to lock down web sites and WIFI to permitted lists. I like being able to assign custom attributes which is valuable when creating device groups. Support was pretty strong.

What do you dislike?

You cannot necessarily control the timing of the screen lock or delay before the screen locks, if values have already been set on the device manually or from the factory. I want to force these settings to every device. Mgmt for off-line file access is lacking and cumbersome to use via the portal.

Had to find third party app to manage (on/off) the WIFI service, as its all or nothing via the tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have great options for file management/assignment to devices that ties into your Windows Server shares, however, these only work while the device is online, and provides no method to push the documents for use off-line.

For off-line file use, after assigning documents to devices or device groups, someone must manually/physically use that device and initiate the file download. The product was advertised to me as being able to push document to devices without user involvement and this simply is not true. Also for off-line use, the browser is limited to uploading fifteen (15) documents at one time into the portal which is a huge limit when you have several hundreds of documents to upload. Huge design flaw in my opinion.

Base plan limits the portal to 1Gb of storage.

Replacing reams of paper based health history & authorization forms that travel with campers during the summer. Saved time and cost of paper by managing this via tablets.

What Enterprise Mobility Management solution do you use?

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Financial Services

MaaS360 Needs Improvements

What do you like best?

I like that MaaS360 provides a holistic platform for marketing automation workflows, including file storage, project management and overall organization. I use the app too on my phone, which allows me to access email and calendar as well.

What do you dislike?

I use MaaS on a daily basis for marketing workflow, and generally dislike the confusing interface, slow speed and tendency to crash while in the middle of work. The system is extremely outdated and needs some major upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend some training before attempting to learn this product, as it’s not necessarily intuitive.

MaaS360 allows for a necessary Marketing Automation workflow where creative files can be pushed to the various stakeholders as needed for approval, and final files are stored for reference and source control.

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

MaaS360 @Work

What do you like best?

The security that MaaS360 provides is unparalleled in the industry. I have been a user of this product for many years and have installed it on many devices. Each time I use it the results are consistent and it works as expected. I am always happy with the setup process.

What do you dislike?

The user setup process is a bit cumbersome, but a small price to pay for the piece of mind that comes with it. The set up process could me more intuitive for novice users. It is not as straightforward as it could be. If there was a way to simply download the app from the app store and configure the settings within the app, this would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Maas360 as an option to secure your enterprise devices. As I have stated, while the setup process could be more streamlined, the value that is provided is worth the efforts needed.

My business problem was securing a large colleague base for a low cost. We have realized the benefit of knowing our devices are secure and the product will work consistently over and over again.

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

IBM MaaS360

What do you like best?

Excellent tool to keep track of our devices, locked them out in case they are stolen/misplaced. Another pretty good feature is that we can distribute applications/OS patches which make our lives easier.

What do you dislike?

Struggled a little bit when setting up the Enterprise App for MacOS since the user manual didn't specify that we need to open the Apps Packager instead to finish the set up, once the CA was installed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the opportunity to implement MaaS360

Ability to track our devices. Great to tool to get easy reports of applications installed, versions, etc.

IBM MaaS360 review by <span>Clément B.</span>
Clément B.

Comment garder une trace sur tout vos appareils de votre entreprise

What do you like best?

Ce que j'aime avec IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management, c'est qu'il simplifie la gestion des terminaux mobiles en offrant visibilité et contrôle des smartphones et tablettes de l'entreprise. Ce qui est vraiment très bien, c'est que le logiciel prend en charge des terminaux tels que iPhones, iPads, téléphones sous Android et Windows. Attention cela depends des versions mais elles ne sont pas toutes compatibles !

Selon le site du fabriquant du logiciel, MaaS360 Mobile Device Management offre les fonctionnalités et les avantages suivants :

Inscription rapide des terminaux mobiles pour rationaliser la configuration et le déploiement.

Intégration avec des systèmes d'entreprise pour utiliser les investissements informatiques existants pour les terminaux mobiles.

Gestion centralisée pour offrir une visibilité et un contrôle complets des terminaux mobiles dans votre réseau.

Conformité et sécurité pour vous aider à protéger vos périphériques et vos données.

Surveillance et reporting pour suivre, diagnostiquer et résoudre les problèmes liés aux terminaux et aux utilisateurs.

What do you dislike?

Mon amis et moi meme avons des petits problèmes de synchronisation entre la base et les périphériques ce qui est assez dérangeant.

Comme dis plus haut, cela depends de la version de l'os. En effet, sur mac Os, alias pc pourris, il est difficile de tout sychroniser surtout avec les dernières version comme OS El Captain.

Attention, desfois, lorsque je quitte ma session utilisateur, la connexion deviens instable.

Peut etre cela viens de mon ordinateur qui n'est plus trop d'actualité au niveau de ses composants. ( problem de driver ? )

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continuer d'aller de l'avant !

Grace a cette solution, je sais en temps reel ou se trouvent mes appareils et tous les paramètres sont synchronise. Mieux que iCloud !

Learn more about IBM MaaS360

IBM MaaS360 Videos

IBM MaaS360 Downloads

Learning about IBM MaaS360?

* We monitor all IBM MaaS360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.