IBM MaaS360

IBM MaaS360

Keep your business moving with mobile device management and security

Work for IBM MaaS360?

Learning about IBM MaaS360?

IBM MaaS360 Reviews

Ask IBM MaaS360 a Question
Showing 27 IBM MaaS360 reviews
IBM MaaS360 review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"Our rep was so easy to get a hold of... BEFORE we signed the contract"

What do you like best?

It may work well for large accounts, but support/sales don't seem to care about their small accounts

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything. I haven't found a feature in this software that isn't available for free via ManageEngine

My sales rep 'yes man'd me hardcore. The main thing we were trying to accomplish was to set a policy for our 11 Android users not be able to turn off GPS in the native Android OS. We were having problems with corporate phones in the field not being able to get tracked. He told me we could set this policy remotely, and also deploy our corporate apps remotely. So we signed the minimum 1 year contract for our 11 devices.

Turns out (which seems to be standard practice but I was told up and down that it didn't need to happen) you need to be in person with the phone and do a fresh wipe of the device then install the MaaS360 software. Not the END of the world...but OK, we can individually bring all of these devices in, backup their files, wipe, deploy, reload apps and files...

If that worked. The deployment app just keeps crashing, and support over the phone is happy to take an email request and get back to you with a form response...

Also the remote deployment of apps really just sends a popup notice to the phone with a link to download the app from the Play Store.

I had left numerous voicemails and emails to our MaaS360 rep.. BEGGING him to reply to me. He was supposed to go over deployment and help us get going but he disappeared the day we signed the contract. It's funny because I still get his Spam messages weekly.

I also get an introduction e-mail every 2 months from someone new, who is our new "Account Manager", because our old "Account Manager" has moved on to other things. I tell this person We still never went live and to please just make sure our contract doesn't auto renew. They never reply.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't sign a contract without knowing for sure it does what you want

I think you may also be able to sign up through your cell phone service provider, hopefully without yearly contract

We failed to go live with MaaS360, it was our first attempt at MDM-- so it was just an expensive learning experience since there are better options

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IBM MaaS360
IBM MaaS360 review by Glenn R.
Glenn R.

"It works pretty well for MDM but file mgmt & assignment is lacking for off-line use"

What do you like best?

Good set of device and application controls. The kiosk mode is great for locking down usage to specific apps. Easy to lock down web sites and WIFI to permitted lists. I like being able to assign custom attributes which is valuable when creating device groups. Support was pretty strong.

What do you dislike?

You cannot necessarily control the timing of the screen lock or delay before the screen locks, if values have already been set on the device manually or from the factory. I want to force these settings to every device. Mgmt for off-line file access is lacking and cumbersome to use via the portal.

Had to find third party app to manage (on/off) the WIFI service, as its all or nothing via the tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have great options for file management/assignment to devices that ties into your Windows Server shares, however, these only work while the device is online, and provides no method to push the documents for use off-line.

For off-line file use, after assigning documents to devices or device groups, someone must manually/physically use that device and initiate the file download. The product was advertised to me as being able to push document to devices without user involvement and this simply is not true. Also for off-line use, the browser is limited to uploading fifteen (15) documents at one time into the portal which is a huge limit when you have several hundreds of documents to upload. Huge design flaw in my opinion.

Base plan limits the portal to 1Gb of storage.

Replacing reams of paper based health history & authorization forms that travel with campers during the summer. Saved time and cost of paper by managing this via tablets.

What Enterprise Mobility Management solution do you use?

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Financial Services

"MaaS360 Needs Improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that MaaS360 provides a holistic platform for marketing automation workflows, including file storage, project management and overall organization. I use the app too on my phone, which allows me to access email and calendar as well.

What do you dislike?

I use MaaS on a daily basis for marketing workflow, and generally dislike the confusing interface, slow speed and tendency to crash while in the middle of work. The system is extremely outdated and needs some major upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend some training before attempting to learn this product, as it’s not necessarily intuitive.

MaaS360 allows for a necessary Marketing Automation workflow where creative files can be pushed to the various stakeholders as needed for approval, and final files are stored for reference and source control.

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"MaaS360 @Work"

What do you like best?

The security that MaaS360 provides is unparalleled in the industry. I have been a user of this product for many years and have installed it on many devices. Each time I use it the results are consistent and it works as expected. I am always happy with the setup process.

What do you dislike?

The user setup process is a bit cumbersome, but a small price to pay for the piece of mind that comes with it. The set up process could me more intuitive for novice users. It is not as straightforward as it could be. If there was a way to simply download the app from the app store and configure the settings within the app, this would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Maas360 as an option to secure your enterprise devices. As I have stated, while the setup process could be more streamlined, the value that is provided is worth the efforts needed.

My business problem was securing a large colleague base for a low cost. We have realized the benefit of knowing our devices are secure and the product will work consistently over and over again.

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"IBM MaaS360 "

What do you like best?

Excellent tool to keep track of our devices, locked them out in case they are stolen/misplaced. Another pretty good feature is that we can distribute applications/OS patches which make our lives easier.

What do you dislike?

Struggled a little bit when setting up the Enterprise App for MacOS since the user manual didn't specify that we need to open the Apps Packager instead to finish the set up, once the CA was installed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the opportunity to implement MaaS360

Ability to track our devices. Great to tool to get easy reports of applications installed, versions, etc.

IBM MaaS360 review by Clément B.
Clément B.

"Comment garder une trace sur tout vos appareils de votre entreprise"

What do you like best?

Ce que j'aime avec IBM MaaS360 Mobile Device Management, c'est qu'il simplifie la gestion des terminaux mobiles en offrant visibilité et contrôle des smartphones et tablettes de l'entreprise. Ce qui est vraiment très bien, c'est que le logiciel prend en charge des terminaux tels que iPhones, iPads, téléphones sous Android et Windows. Attention cela depends des versions mais elles ne sont pas toutes compatibles !

Selon le site du fabriquant du logiciel, MaaS360 Mobile Device Management offre les fonctionnalités et les avantages suivants :

Inscription rapide des terminaux mobiles pour rationaliser la configuration et le déploiement.

Intégration avec des systèmes d'entreprise pour utiliser les investissements informatiques existants pour les terminaux mobiles.

Gestion centralisée pour offrir une visibilité et un contrôle complets des terminaux mobiles dans votre réseau.

Conformité et sécurité pour vous aider à protéger vos périphériques et vos données.

Surveillance et reporting pour suivre, diagnostiquer et résoudre les problèmes liés aux terminaux et aux utilisateurs.

What do you dislike?

Mon amis et moi meme avons des petits problèmes de synchronisation entre la base et les périphériques ce qui est assez dérangeant.

Comme dis plus haut, cela depends de la version de l'os. En effet, sur mac Os, alias pc pourris, il est difficile de tout sychroniser surtout avec les dernières version comme OS El Captain.

Attention, desfois, lorsque je quitte ma session utilisateur, la connexion deviens instable.

Peut etre cela viens de mon ordinateur qui n'est plus trop d'actualité au niveau de ses composants. ( problem de driver ? )

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continuer d'aller de l'avant !

Grace a cette solution, je sais en temps reel ou se trouvent mes appareils et tous les paramètres sont synchronise. Mieux que iCloud !

IBM MaaS360 review by User

"Useful for professional environment"

What do you like best?

It's a reliable system that allows you to set up your email and communications services across several devices. Makes easier for everyone who keep in touch and share the information in no time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's very difficult to connect it with other operative systems beside windows, such iOS (installing it on iPhone, for example)

Connecting different departments and levels of the same company with the added benefit of having the services in several devices at the same time.

IBM MaaS360 review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"Nice mobile management suite"

What do you like best?

The company I was working for at the time of using this suite had a majority of iOS devices which in this case were iPads, with a select amount of Android tablets here and there. My focus was on the iPad sector so I don't have too much experience with Android. The suite had a nice interface for providing remote administration through their web client on the computer, and as long as the client had the MaaS360 mobile app installed, I was able to push files and group policies to the iPad for whatever needed to be rolled out.

What do you dislike?

I had also tested the MaaS360 computer management set of tools, and at this time it was in beta so I'm not sure if it has improved now or not, but it would only work if the computer had a single login account. If this was a domain computer that had multiple logins, when you logged out of one account then the MaaS360 program would log out as well, and the new user would have to manually initiate the program on their account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform that can provide you with administrative functions for an iOS mobile device, then this is your suite. It's a great company with excellent support, and you can't go wrong with them!

One of the main benefits we liked about this suite was the ability for security on the iPads. For example, say a rep forgot their passcode, I could remote into the iPad's settings and reset it for them and give them a temporary passcode. Also, what if they forgot their iPad on location or lost it entirely, I could also go in and reset the iPad to factory settings if requested, and also turn Find my Device on as well.

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Computer Software

"Allows My Company to Share Apps and Manage Devices"

What do you like best?

It is fairly non intrusive, at least in the way that my company is using the software. It allows me to easily connect my device to my company's app catalog and download apps through it. They have a license to obtain some app store apps which I would normally have to pay for which I can obtain for free through the enterprise app store.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the company is monitoring my usage and apps using this MDM. It feels like a breach of privacy to me, but at the same time I understand that the company has to look out for its assets. A compromised or lost device would need to be destroyed so that important files and information is not shared with the wrong people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you enroll your personal device using MaaS360, make sure you are reading the fine print of what your company can do to your device. In some instances, this software can completely wipe your phone if the company believes your device was compromised.

Also, be wary of how you use your personal device. If you have an Android device and it's "rooted," more than likely the MDM will fail to install. Likewise, on iOS if you are "jailbroken," it will also fail. I know this from personal experience.

It has allowed me to connect to many of my company's applications on my personal devices. These include time reporting apps, apps to connect me to other employees in my group, and of course to be able to integrate with my company's Microsoft Exchange email.

IBM MaaS360 review by Erik E.
Erik E.

"Great product for Mobile Device Management"

What do you like best?

Love that we can remotely wipe a device that has gone missing, protecting the asset's integrity. There is no more worrying about SS numbers falling into the wild.

The password implementation for the lock screen is GREAT! No more 4-digit codes. An actual complex password requirement is great to stop people from using the "1234" simple codes. Also, for those that may use their devices while driving, this is a great deterrent from doing that.

What do you dislike?

Not so great for laptops, but that's more of a limitation of WiFi and the operating system than the software. Also, you cannot really pinpoint where the devices are, but that's more of an issue for the police than for an IT Department. Regardless, it's difficult to wipe those types of devices when there is no connectivity. And if a criminal pulls the HDD, there's not a lot that can be done. It's obviously not perfect, but again, it's a limitation of the OS and the device makers.

Forcing encryption is possible, but not impossible to break.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not think this is going to solve every MDM issue you encounter, as they are vast and numerous. However, you can rest assured that phones, tablets, etc. with cellular data will not encounter the issues of private data being leaked. SS numbers will remain secure, private e-mails will remain private, and photos will stay out of the wrong hands.

We can now keep sensitive data safe from falling into the wrong hands. This will protect students, staff, and faculty from identity theft, or in some cases IP theft.

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"IBM MaaS360"

What do you like best?

I use the app on my samsung galaxy because our company switched to this product for more secure company email & filtering.

What do you dislike?

It dose not let me download more than 1 day of emails. But that could be a restriction from the company I work for.

We have better spam control and web email security. Especially since we are a healthcare facility.

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent Customer Service and reliable product"

What do you like best?

This MDM worked with practically no resource footprint in our environment; one service on one server. It was reliable but as we explored and didn't understand how to do something support was there to help quickly. The product just plain worked which is what we wanted. We had iPhone and Android and setup on either was a breeze and there was no getting around using the security we had in place. We tried and employees tried but never succeeded.

What do you dislike?

In the course of over 2 years we had to manually kick the cloud extender service inside our environment probably 10 times. The service would be running but not working. Thankfully the phones all worked through such times; we only noticed the issue when we couldn't add an additional phone. Not a dealbreaker.

Email is secure and ease of use was met. In some ways we had too easy of a goal to meet but we didn't have complaints from techs or staff about the product and that is significant.

IBM MaaS360 review by Spenser H.
Spenser H.

"Enterprise management system"

What do you like best?

Allows me to download apps from corporate app store

What do you dislike?

Buggy, frequently crashes without warning

Allows ,e to download restricted apps

IBM MaaS360 review by Neil B.
Neil B.

"Lack recovery plan and very, very lethargic support."

What do you like best?

Features. The additional control of each device. Android and IOS support

What do you dislike?

Terrible service. Maas360 put us out of business. We've been down nearly 2 weeks. Prior to Maas360, we used JAMF. Never an unscheduled outage.

They put out a release that put us out of business WITHOUT a mitigation strategy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Risk of downtime

MDM.

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Farming
Administrator in Farming

"Great product and customer support from the MaaS360 team"

What do you like best?

The MaaS360 team is focused on providing and end to end product with completeness of needed features to secure our mobile devices. The team has great customer service starting with the Account team to the support teams.

What do you dislike?

Integration with Microsoft Office 365 is a little challenging, but more because of the integration on the Microsoft side.

Complex mobile device environments were security and compliance are critical to making use that our business users have access to the data that they need, but assuring the device is protected.

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Higher Education

"Novice user "

What do you like best?

I think the ability to integrate different devices is great. Also the ability to protect data even when the device is lost or stolen adds value to the system.

What do you dislike?

I think the cost of the solution is a bit high. The product is not as great as marketed and can be improved in terms of integration.

We are working in collaboration with IBM to use such products for Internet of Things integration into smart buildings and again the ability to integrate it makes it much more efficient and easy to handle.

IBM MaaS360 review by Jim E.
Jim E.

"Maas360 on iPhone"

What do you like best?

This secure access to work email and calendar works super-fast and efficiently. Security is high-priority for my employer. Simple graphics that are easy to work with on a phone.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. Highly endorsed by our security team with rave reviews from employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let security team test product.

Health insurance provider. Protecting customers private information while communicating throughout office remotely.

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Packaging and Containers
User in Packaging and Containers

"Mobility Management has never worked better"

What do you like best?

Love the control and security this software gives companies

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to dislike about this software

We were trying to contain and prevent confidential information escaping in the timing of employee termination. This software allows us to control this by turning off company owned software upon employee termination

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good Solution with Some Flaws"

What do you like best?

Ability to manage Windows, Mac, IOS and Android Systems

What do you dislike?

Issues gathering data on some systems. Would like to be able to refresh the client remotely.

Management and security for all devices

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Very useful but hard to setup"

What do you like best?

Complete information about all my enrolled devices at one place. Security is very prime.

What do you dislike?

Setup process is very slow. The devices slow down quite a bit because the application is heavy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very the application light weight.

Security for information on devices.

Not allowing unauthorized access.

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"MaaS360 is good for mobile devices management, but there is a lot of room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Ease of administration, support is good. Easy to push apps.

What do you dislike?

Different URL for server instances. Configurations are not that intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy of administration, easy management and quick and friendly support team.

To manage app distributions and mobile device users.

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Dairy
Administrator in Dairy

"Mass360 review"

What do you like best?

you can deploy wi-fi settings to all android and ios devices

What do you dislike?

whitelist and blacklist cannot be use on same rule

Mobility management

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"MaaS360"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy for end users (generally transparent from their perspective) and good admin tools.

What do you dislike?

Good product and solved core needs. Nothing materially negative.

Standardizing policies across user base without materially impacting productivity of IT staff

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Easy to use, much better than other options"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, interface is simple. I would recommend this to others.

What do you dislike?

It can be a pain if you have e-mails going to different folders within the inbox, as I have to set all of those up separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good large scale option

remote e-mail, this product helps it all work well.

IBM MaaS360 review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

Allows you to keep track of devices and location

What do you dislike?

Location accuracy is not the best. Needs more work.

having device information and user information in one central location.

IBM MaaS360 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Cloud based MDM"

What do you like best?

Maas360 is an excellent MDM that is hosted in the cloud. Security policies are highly customizable. Works with all mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, etc). Exchange and Lotus support. Simply install on mobile device via app store and enter in company information to set policies.

What do you dislike?

Like most MDM offerings, it depends on what version you are using for Lotus. Once installed, it can only be removed via hard reset on mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None.

IBM MaaS360 review by Nate F.
Nate F.

"Great MDM Solution"

What do you like best?

Maas360 is a cloud based only MDM solution that is supported across every platform. It has a very east set up process for end users and is fairly priced amoungst its compeitors.

What do you dislike?

I frequently change my mind on if I like corporate e-mail on my phone. If I want to get Maas360 off my my phone I need to do a factory reset or get a new phone which is normally what I end up doing :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide if you are looking for a cloud based, on-prem, or Hybrid solutions. If cloud based is what you want Maas360 is a great place to start.

Learn more about IBM MaaS360

IBM MaaS360 Videos

IBM MaaS360 Downloads

Learning about IBM MaaS360?

* We monitor all IBM MaaS360 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.