iCal

3.8

Keep track of your busy schedule and share it with others using Calendar. See all your calendars in a single window. Works with iCloud, Yahoo!, and Google.

Work for iCal?

Learning about iCal?

iCal Reviews

Showing 109 iCal reviews
iCal review by Connor B.
Connor B.

"Reliable Calendar for iOS Devices"

What do you like best?

Apple Calendar is the best Calendar that I have used on my iOS devices. The feature that I like the most about Apple Calendar is that it is compatible with Apple Mail. When I receive an email message to my Apple Mail, any events and appointments are automatically synced to my Apple Calendar. This is convenient because I don't have to remember to go back-and-forth in between my email and my calendar to write events that I received via email. Before my calendar and email automatically synced, I would have to go from an event I was even an email and manually type it out into my calendar. It was easy to leave things out, make mistakes and even sometimes overlook and forget to write events on my calendar. There's definitely a convenience factor with this automatic sync.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reminder feature of Apple Calendar or at least certain aspects of it. For me, it is important to be reminded of every event that is on my calendar. Unfortunately, I have discovered that Apple calendar does not automatically set reminders to events on the calendar. Even those automatically synced events from my email. So, when event is automatically synced from an email to my calendar, since Apple calendar does not automatically put a reminder in to an event, I have overlooked and missed events because there was no reminder notification. Especially for those events that are not manually added to my calendar, a reminder is important. I would like Apple calendar even more if reminders were automatically set to each event on the calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple calendar anyone who uses an iOS device. It is convenient since it automatically syncs with your Apple email and with your Apple Maps. So, if a location is added to an event in my Apple calendar I can automatically bring it up in my Apple Maps without having to manually type the address out.

Apple Calendar has been a huge benefit to my business as you are allowed to share your calendar with coworkers or anyone who uses Apple calendar. So, I'm able to view the calendars of my employees and coworkers. I'm also able to share my calendar with others. This has been a most convenient feature as I don't have to check in with 10 people who I want to set a meeting with in order to get their availability. All that I have to do is look at their Apple calendar to see when they are free and then I can set meetings around others schedule. This makes it more convenient for me and for others. It is also a great future because you can set permissions to allow what others can view on your calendar. You can let them view details or just that you are busy or free at certain times.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iCal
iCal review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Makes it Easy to Keep Track of Everything"

What do you like best?

Apple Calendar is so great because it provides an easy way for me to track everything that I have going on in my life. My favorite thing about it would have to be the reminder feature. The reminder feature allows you to set a reminder alarm or alert for any event that is on your calendar. You can set it to remind you on a certain day or on a certain day of each month - this means that it routinely reminds you of an ongoing event. You are also able to have it remind you one or two days before an event. Before this, I used to have to add one event to my calendar multiple times so that I could be alerted days before an event. This allows me time to prepare whatever I need for that event. Apple Calendar's reminder alerts have made life much more simple now that I'm able to set multiple reminders for just a single event.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I have found to dislike about Apple Calendars also has to do with the reminder alert feature that I love - and that has helped me - so much. This is because those reminder alerts are not automatically set when something is added to your Apple Calendar. So, you have to make sure that you remember to manually add a reminder each time an event is added to your calendar. If you don't manually add it, no reminder alert will be included and you will not be reminded - or notified at all besides with a pop-up at the time of the event. This is really bad when I have it synced so that events that I receive in my email are automatically put on my calendar. This is because - since these events are automatically synced and I'm not manually putting them in - an alert is never included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Apple Calendar to any person who uses an Apple device. It is easy to use with a clean and professional layout. I definitely recommend that you set it up to automatically sync with your Apple Mail so that any time you receive an event in your email it automatically is placed on your calendar. This feature has really been of assistance to me. Apple Calendar is also nice because it allows you to set priority to each event on your calendar. Highly recommend Apple Calendar to anyone and everyone !

Apple Calendar has proven beneficial because of its compatibility with Apple Mail. This means that - since I have Apple Calendar and Apple Mail synced - each time I receive an email containing an event - it is automatically synced to my Apple Calendar. Before this, I would have to go back and forth between my Apple Mail and my Apple Calendar in order to be able to manually type in the details of an event that I received in my email to my calendar. This was time consuming and it was easy to overlook details. There were even times when I got so many emails that I overlooked an event all together and it never made it to my Apple Calendar at all. Now that I have the two services set to be synced - I never have to worry about missing an important event. It has really proven to help me in my professional life and I continue to recommend it to my colleagues. I recommend it a lot to colleagues because we can then view each other's calendars - another great and helpful feature of Apple Calendar.

What Calendar solution do you use?

iCal review by Indya J. C.
Indya J. C.

"Functional calendar app"

What do you like best?

Apple did an amazing job at allowing apple calendar to sync with your connected accounts. Because I sit on several boards, they have made calendars that I need to be able to foresee at all times. For this reason I can see both my personal calendar events and events from my boards at the same time. I also love that you can be very specific with the details for your events, setting timed reminders, recurrences, etc. Because Ihave so many recurring calendar invites I can color code them as well. I would save overall this is a great calendar app that is simple and user-friendly and undoubtedly functional. I must say though that my favorite feature is your ability to click within your own invites and calendars and share seamlessly with your contact or simply by entering their email address. My family uses this feature for traveling plans and recently surgeries planned within our family.

What do you dislike?

Im not super crazy about the interface. Its very simple--good and downside. I also don't like that even with adjusting with the window sizing if there are multiple reminders for that date--you just have a number i.e. 6 more. I think it would be nice to see at the very least the colors for the various reminders, so that even if you can't see the reminders themselves, if your have recurring or new reminders you are visually triggered by whats included on that day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple calendars this is an extremely user friendly calendar. I think if you coordinate events or external calendars, you will also enjoy this app as you won't have have to create multiple invites as you can simple create the calendar and share it with said users w/o having to give them permissions or multiple links

I can definitely share calendars! This feature has allowed me to literally streamline my life as i have access to my personal, business and volunteer -related calendars all at the same time. This made my paper planner obsolete.

iCal review by Vivian N.
Vivian N.

"ICal is Easy to Use but Not Enough to Leave Google Calendar"

What do you like best?

It's pretty. Like much of Apple's products, it is aesthetically pleasing. It is easy to use and does exactly as it should. If I only used Apple products it might make this of a competition against Google Calendar. Most appointment setters including ICal so it is easy to download events to the ICal system.

What do you dislike?

It's only available on Apple products so more than half of my products cannot use it. This makes it more difficult to collaborate with others. There's a bit of elitism in that it is only accessible on Apple products and that doesn't feel right. The competition is just easier to use on multiple platforms. And while it works with Google Calendar, it takes more time to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid product if you only use Apple products.

I don't really see much if I can't use it on my Chromebook and smartphone. This is a good product if you use only Apple products. It is also easy to download events/apppointments to from most websites and FB.

iCal review by Samuel L.
Samuel L.

"Excellent way to manage schedule"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like best about Apple Calender is that it is compatible with the Mail program on the Apple interface. This is so convenient because whenever an event or meeting is emailed to Mail, it automatically syncs to my Apple Calendar. That's right, Apple Calender automatically recognizes events sent to my Mail and adds it to my Calender. It is so convenient and time saving. I also like that when I create a recurring event on Apple Calendar, I'm easily able to go back and edit one occurance without having to edit the entire series.

What do you dislike?

I would like if Apple Calendar made it easier to add events, time and place, by following links. Apple Caneldar would be more convenient if it allowed you to locate an event and - by clicking on the link - it recognized the time and place and automatically set a reminder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Calendar for those who want an easy a way to manage their schedule. It is especially convenient for those who use Mail/the Apple email application as it can be set to sync with Apple Calendar to automatically transfer all events received in the Mail application (using any email account you use in the Apple mail application) to your Calender - this helps to ensure that no important event is overlooked and saving you the extra step of creating a calendar event manually.

The reminder feature on Apple Calendar has proved to be the most beneficial tool in the application. It allows you to pick a time for Apple Calendar to remind you of an event and even set a second reminder to ensure you don't miss anything on your schedule. It also allows you to customize the reminder with your choice of vibration or alarm sound. It has helped to ensure that we are prepared and don't miss any event. We are even able to share events on Apple Calendar with others that need to be included, to help ensure all necessary parties are notified.

iCal review by jon p.
jon p.

"Simple calendar"

What do you like best?

You can set multiple accounts with multiple calendars. This makes it very simple to separate work and other appointments that I have. I also like how it links to all of your devices, allowing you to always schedule what you need, even if you don't have your main device with you.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more options to each specific appointment that you make. If there was a sharing function that allowed you to share certain appointments or events with large groups of people without having to select each person individually. It would also be nice for multiple people to be able to edit events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a simple way to keep track of both your person and your professional obligations. I definitely enjoy the ability to have multiple, separate calendars.

Customizing specific events and sharing them with the entire company. This makes planning meetings very simple.

iCal review by User in Higher Education

"Great Syncing Calendar"

What do you like best?

I love how Apple Calendar syncs with every single Apple device that you own. If I put an event in on my iPad, it will show up on my MacBook. I find this extremely beneficial because I have a tendency to forget the various events that I have lined up and need access to them on every device. I love that the calendar displays the actual date rather than a "fake" date.

What do you dislike?

I few the Apple Calendar as an excellent resource, and, therefore, do not feel like there is an aspect about it that I dislike. I am very pleased with it's overall results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple Calendar is a great scheduling and date took for anyone that sings Apple Products, including: MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads. If you are looking for a calendar that syncs to all of your devices than this is the Calendar for you! And, this software is free on all Apple products!

I find that when I schedule anything, especially business related, I can put it into the Apple device that I am currently using, and then it will show up in all of my other Apple devices. I like this because I don't have to worry about repeatedly putting in an event, but I can also access it from anywhere.

iCal review by Kennedy G.
Kennedy G.

"Reliable and Convenient Calendar - Makes Life Easier"

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about Apple Calendar is that it is compatible with my other Apple Applications. Apple Calendar automatically syncs to my Apple Mail, allowing me to never miss an event. Also, when an address is attached to an appointment on my Apple Calendar, I can access it in Apple Maps with one simple click - instead of having to retype the address between applications. I have found that not having to put something on my calendar then enter the address in my maps has made things much easier with less room for error.

What do you dislike?

I have only found one thing about Apple Calendar that I dislike and that is the fact that reminder alerts are not automatically set when an appointment is added to my calendar. If I want a reminder or an alarm to sound to notify me of an appointment on my calendar, I have to remember to manually set an alarm. This has proven detrimental many times when I overlook setting an alarm reminder and I miss an appointment because I was never notified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Calendar for any person who uses the IOS operating system. Since Apple Calendar is compatible with all other Apple applications, it makes it easy to share information between them. You can automatically set it so that any events in your Apple Mail are synced to your Apple Calendar - so that you never have to type everything out and ensures no details are missed. It is also great because it allows you to set multiple reminders for one event - so, I can be reminded of an event two days before it is scheduled and two hours before it is scheduled.

Apple Calendar has helped with my business because I can share my calendar with my coworkers and even sync it to their calendars. So, when I'm going to schedule a meeting, I can automatically view my coworkers schedule on Apple Calendar. This is a great feature. No more taking up people's time by having to schedule a time for everyone to get together so that we can view our schedules to to see when is a good time for us to schedule a meeting. Apple Calendar makes this much more simple. I don't even have to contact coworkers - just by looking at their calendars I can see when they are free and schedule a meeting.

iCal review by Alyse F.
Alyse F.

"Mostly great. Some changes would make it REALLY great."

What do you like best?

I like being able to assign events to different color-coded "calendars." I like it's ability to synch with third-party calendar apps. I like being able to set up events that are reoccurring, while still being able to edit one event without editing all of the reoccurring events. I like iCal's integration with whatever it uses to autofill addresses for event locations. I also like that you can add invitees, notes, attachments, and travel alerts, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to pinpoint specific start and end times for events that span more than a day. Although I have my iCal synched with one other third-party calendar app, I wish it synched quicker and more frequently. I've also had issues synching it with other apps. It's just not very intuitive for the user in that regard. I don't like not being able to "select" a future date without adding an actual event to that date. It makes it hard to count a certain number of weeks out, etc. I wish event names spanned more than one line so you could see the full event title if it's longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. But learn how to integrate with other calendars, etc. from the get-go. Reach out to support, unlike I have! All in all, iCal is the calendar that keeps me on track!

Apple Calendars solves the problem of having my business events (booked and scheduled through online software called ShootQ) and my personal events kept in two different spots. Being able to synch all of that into one calendar is super convenient and keep me on top of business. Being able to sort my business events by color-coded calendar is also good for the visually-inclined like myself.

iCal review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Apple Calendar: I'd love to use it, but the interface just doesn't work"

What do you like best?

I would like to use Apple Calendar, as it would tie in more seamlessly with my devices. One of Apple's big strengths is how well everything works together.

What do you dislike?

I just don't like the interface. Compared to the other things I've tried, including the two calendars I use now (Outlook and Google), it just doesn't look or feel right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think whether or not you end up liking Apple Calendar is ultimately just a matter of personal preference about how things look and feel. You may love it, or you may prefer other options.

My need is for work and personal calendars, on separate apps, that can be easily synced. This was not a benefit I could realize with Apple Calendar.

iCal review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Apple Calendar is my go-to calendar"

What do you like best?

I love Apple calendar. While I do use it on my desktop at work, I mostly access it from my tablet or smartphone. I like that I can add events to different calendars. For example, I have my work calendar and my personal calendar. I can choose to display events from just one of those, or both. If I have multiple events on both calendars in one day and I display them both, they will automatically color code themselves based off their respective calendars. I like that the calendar adds a simple black dot to remind me that I have something on those days. I also love the ability to set up custom alerts for my events.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I can think of that I don't like. It really is a very intuitive product that's easy for anyone to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Apple Calendar for your office needs.

Apple calendar allows our office to access events on our Mac desktops, tablets, or smartphones. It's easy to organize meetings and events.

iCal review by Lauren T. M.
Lauren T. M.

"Not as good as my old android calendar"

What do you like best?

I like that I can view several calendars at once, including my Outlook calendar, Google calendar, and iPhone calendar.

What do you dislike?

Lots. I really miss my old calendar widget that I had on my android phone. It was the easiest way for me to see my upcoming appointments. Another thing I dislike is that when I view my calendar there is a red line horizontally across the screen that corresponds to the current time. It is very hard to tell how that line relates to the upcoming appointment. I have been late for appointments because it is hard to read. Finally, I am still having trouble with my notifications. I am not always notified of an appointment even though I have the alarm set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is fine by itself, if that is all you are used to, but it is hard to go from android to Apple. You feel like you're losing a lot of functionality.

I use my Apple calendar on my iPhone to view my business schedule. It is nice to be able to see my work related appointments right on my phone. A benefit to that is that I can keep on top of my appointments when I am not at my desk.

iCal review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Reliable and Easy to Manage"

What do you like best?

I like best that Apple Calendar has the option to automatically sync with various other Apple applications. For example, if I have a meeting on my Apple Calendar that includes an address, it is synced to my Maps application, making it so easy and super convenient to navigate exactly where I have to be without the need to go back and forth between my calendar and my maps to enter the address. I also like the fact that is it compatible with my Apple Mail. So, when I receive appointments or events in an email, it is automatically saved to my Apple Calendar. How convenient!?

What do you dislike?

Every time an event or appointment is important enough that I add it to my Apple Calendar, it requires an alar or reminder in order to notify me of the appointment. Unfortunately, A nipple Calendar doesn't automatically set a reminder when something is added. If you want a notification in order to be reminded of an event on your calendar, you have to manually set an alarm for the time and date each time you add something or something is automatically added to the calendar. So, if you forget to add a reminder, you will not be notified of an event on your calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Calendar for many reasons but mainly because it is easy to use, user-friendly and syncs with all your Apple applications. This makes it easy to manage events. It is especially useful since it syncs with email and map Applications to help ensure any event emailed to you is added to your calendar and that any directions to an event or to a location are sent to your Maps.

My events, meetings, etc. go on my calendar. Apple Calendar keeps me organized. Also, when I remember to manually add them, the reminders help to ensure that nothing is missed and that I am on time with directions automatically available on my Maps. It also works good with my colleagues because I can send invitations to events that they can choose to accept. My Apple Calendar updates automatically across my Apple devices - so, I don't need to use just a single device - my important events are synced across them all.

iCal review by Heather B.
Heather B.

"Love Apple Calendar!"

What do you like best?

Syncing with my family so we're all on the same page for appointments and scheduled outings/parties. Keeping up with all my appointments, meetings, etc plus things that my family has going on was difficult before we switched to Apple calendar.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about the Apple Calendar app.

Scheduling meetings around my family's busy schedule.

iCal review by Emily Penfold D.
Emily Penfold D.

"I switched from outlook!"

What do you like best?

I love that apple calendar integrates flawlessly across all of my devices. I use an iphone, ipad, and mac. There really isn't any other way to go. I like that it integrates many of my calendars.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I had more external control of moving an appointment from one calendar to another. There is no Undo option when I accidentally delete an event. When I send invites to other people the formatting of invites is sometimes lost, especially the links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at how it interfaces with the other devices that you use. If you are on PC gmail might be a better option for you.

I was not able to get my outlook calendar information onto my mobile phone because our company uses rackspace for email. apple mail solved that. I don't miss any appointments!

iCal review by Ellie W.
Ellie W.

"Apple Calendar for Work Schedules"

What do you like best?

Easy to create multiple calendars and keep them together. I really like that you can group calendars together in a folder and then you are able to show them all at once or separately. This feature is really beneficial for my job because I have to create so many schedules for different projects and it allows me to be able to isolate them or see multiple items at one time. I also like that it's easy to differentiate between them with custom colors.

What do you dislike?

I wish the monthly calendar was bigger. Sometimes I have so many things at once that it's very difficult to see them all unless i switch to weekly view which isn't ideal for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the folders and custom color options.

It's made creating schedules a lot easier. I can plot out multiple calendars at once and sort and organize them in to folders without cluttering my entire calendar. .

iCal review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Apple Calendar review"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I like best about Apple Calendar is the ease of use and ability to see what is upcoming throughout the day

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I need to set a reminder or alert every time that I set an appointment on my calendar. I have ran into the problem of putting an event into my calendar and missing it because I forgot to set an alert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you remember to set an alert!

I am solving the problem of getting to meetings on time. I enjoy having things in order and benefit by keeping my days organized

iCal review by User in Computer Software

"Easy calendar integration for iOS apps"

What do you like best?

I like that this calendar is universal with personal and work bookings. Very simple integrations. If you use the calendar app on your phone, you always have the data on the go straight from your iPhone.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about the app. Maybe if was better implementation between other calendar apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't think of anything now. They are headed in the right direction.

Simple calendar for scheduling meetings and staying organized.

iCal review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"Helps me keep everything in Sync to make my appointments"

What do you like best?

I like the availability of all my information on all my devices, iPhone, iPad, iMac, Mac Book Air & Apple Watch, and keep all my important dates/appointments up-to-date with iCloud synchronization.

What do you dislike?

About every 1 in 100 appointments that I send out or receive do not make it to their intended targets. This is very frustrating and I have no idea why it does it. I've visited Apple tech support but they were not able to figure out what the issue is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It comes with every Mac, iOS device, Apple Watch, etc... so there is no barrier to try it out, and synchronization with iCloud is pretty painless.

Synchronization of my appointments and important dates across all devices.

iCal review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Apple calendar review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, ability to create events and set an alarm to remind me of upcoming events.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to add events including time and place by clicking on links. It is a good system so far but it would be much better if I could simply find an event and one click it knows where and when and sets a reminder

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app for keeping appointments, I haven't found an easier product that can sync multiple devices and platforms

I am forgetful sometimes especially with multiple interviews going on, the reminders are perfect for me

iCal review by Zlatan D.
Zlatan D.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I do not have to spend hours setting it up. It does it for me

What do you dislike?

I wish that iCal had a better option so people can make appointments just by clicking the link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and setup. You can integrate Gmail, Microsoft, and other email providers and you will be up and running.

Basic appointment setting and sharing the calendar with family and business partners

iCal review by Barry M.
Barry M.

"For all i-devices, Apple Calendar makes it easy to keep up with what's going on"

What do you like best?

Syncing across devices and interfaces is easy. Apple Calendar is built into the iOS so there is no new software to deal with or manage.

What do you dislike?

Outlook (our primary desktop calendar software) doesn't always work well with Apple Calendar, as events you cancel on Outlook don't get canceled on Apple calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you understand how Apple Calendar interacts with Outlook and read up on some strategies to get used to the sometimes-outdated events that will show up.

Calendar mobility is a big deal in our modern world. For those who aren't always at their desks, Apple Calendar on an iphone gives an easy way to keep up with what's going on.

iCal review by Administrator

"i am mostly happy with Apple Calendar on the whole."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add events, and how all shared users are immediately updated when changes happen.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could change the default for events to be "all day events" as that i what I use the most. I also would like to be able to temporarily disable notifying people, so that they only get one notification when a batch of changes is made.

Keeping everyone abreast of changes to the schedule is great, without having to tell everyone individually.

iCal review by User in Higher Education

"Multiple platform, easy to share calendar"

What do you like best?

I love being able to share calendars with other family members. I am able to see what they are up to (and vice versa). It is easy to add events to the calendar from emails (just click on a mentioned date). It is really nice having my calendar sync across all my iOS devices as well. And because the calendar is cloud based I can access it from any internet-capable device. I also appreciate being able to schedule travel time directly into calendar events, set alerts before events, and creating repeating events.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a weird delay in events syncing across my different calendars.

Tracking events, scheduling, keeping track of multiple commitments

iCal review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Easy sharing between Apple devices "

What do you like best?

Apple Calendar has allowed me to consolidate and change my calendar from any Apple device I am using- specifically my iPhone and MacBook Pro. It is very aesthetically pleasing and organized, you can highlight events in different colors to show what type of event it is: family life, work life, and others. The Apple Calendar allows you to set a reminder for events you want to be reminded of, birthdays, appointments, etc. a varying intervals: 1 hour before or a month before, for example. It allows you to set re-occurring events very easily. You can also share and combine your calendar with others who have an apple ID login.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to turn shared calendar events off from your phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple Calendar works really well for Apple device users, but would not recommend it for non-Apple users. As with all Apple products, it can take quite a long time to get assistance with Apple products and calendars if going to the Apple Stores, calling, or chatting online. However, they do offer pretty comprehensive tutorial and online help.

It has made it really easy to share calendars on all of my Apple devices, so I do not need to re-enter events more than once!

iCal review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Easy and efficient to use"

What do you like best?

I love that this connects to the Apple Calendar on your phone as well so you can see your schedule on the go. One of the best parts is when creating an event, it takes into account Travel Time so you don't end up being late to anything because you booked things one after the other. Another option that most other calendars don't have is being able to customize the repeating times it'll show up on your schedule. Although it's a small aspect, it makes things a lot easier for me.

What do you dislike?

To be completely honest, there's nothing I found that I disliked.

The calendar makes managing time easy and efficient. Not only is the layout simple to see and use, but the controls within the calendar make it customize-able to anyone's needs.

iCal review by Ivy S.
Ivy S.

"Great Calendar for iOS Users "

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to share and upload to iCal. I can simply tell Siri to add something to it.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything I dislike about iCal.

I am solving the problem of organization!

iCal review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"easy to use "

What do you like best?

as a default software, it synchronizes with mail and other software to link easily. no bells and whistles is a plus. easy to navigate and use.

What do you dislike?

iā€™d like to have more calendar holiday options

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still think it's the best way to keep calendar easy and streamlined on your iphone

productivity, reminder.

iCal review by Nicholas D.
Nicholas D.

"Awesome Calendar for organization and sharing!"

What do you like best?

I am pretty biased when it comes to Apple products, but I really do love the calendar. I pretty much use it for everything: birthdays, events, invitations, and much more. Everything you put in your calendar gets automatically synced to all of your devices. If you use family sharing, the product gets even better. It will create a special 'family' category that will update and sync to everyone that is on the family sharing plan. It is a great way to stay organized.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike, but if I had to choose...I would say that it would be nice if you could customize your reminder times a little more. Right now, you have the options that Apple gives you (time of, 5 min, 15 min, 1 hr, etc.). Also, they should add a different view option on smaller screens like an iPhone to show a more detailed monthly view instead of just a dot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an Apple user, you are probably already using Apple Calendar. I do not have any experience with its use in a business environment, but I could see it being a pretty powerful tool for organizing meetings and keeping everyone on task for a small business. I would highly recommend trying this product.

All my important events, meetings, etc. go into the calendar. It helps keep me highly organized and the reminders don't let me forget anything. It also works great with friends, colleagues, and family. You can send invitations to events and others can accept or decline. Everything updates automatically across all your devices that have apple calendar so you do not have to use just one app. This is a great product.

iCal review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Apple calendar "

What do you like best?

I like that when receiving an email with an appointment, flight itinerary, car rental, or any other calendar related item, it can sink with the calendar. You are giving the option to add or not add the appointment.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing so far that I dislike.

The ability to add items from my emails directly and saves me time ofnnotnhaving to manually type the information in as it just adds info from emails received.

iCal review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to sync with my devices and outlook

What do you dislike?

I really love this product, though I wish it could sync with Google more seamlessly

Scheduling and sharing with multiple people

iCal review by User

"Average device"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty good device, the graphics are good, and it's a pretty easy resource.

What do you dislike?

I find it an inconvenience to set up events and other items on my Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel that if someone is looking to sync calendar events with Apple devices, this is the place to go. Likewise, if you don't have an Apple monopoly on your devices, this probably isn't the best.

It's good for syncing events to email and working out events in the group setting.

iCal review by Mamie H.
Mamie H.

"Apple is Amazing"

What do you like best?

The calendar syncs across platforms with much ease.

What do you dislike?

I wish the interface looked a little different but that's a personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll love it.

Having your meetings with you on the go.

iCal review by User in Internet

"Nice integration with other Apple products but can be slow"

What do you like best?

Now that Apple has gotten rid of skeuomorphism in their Calendar app, the app feels much cleaner and less cluttered. The visual representation of calendar events is gorgeous, and the integration across all your Apple devices is seamless. It also syncs with Google Calendar, which is convenient.

What do you dislike?

If you have lots of calendar events, the app can get really slow and freeze at times. Search results are returned in no apparent order. Syncing with Google Calendar can be laggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Syncing with other calendar systems can be buggy.

Keeping track of my meetings and schedule. Staying organized and not missing meetings.

iCal review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Great products for usage across Apple devices"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and functionality without using a third party application across all Apple devices.

What do you dislike?

Lack of integration with Apple Reminders application.

Calendar management.

iCal review by Tracey S.
Tracey S.

"Liked the old design better"

What do you like best?

I like that it comes installed on my iPhone 5 and I don't have to add it. Although the design is very clean and fresh, I kind of prefer the old design better. I do like that the Start and End time automatically defaults to one hour. (This is not the case in all smartphone calendar apps believe it or not.) I also like that the title, location and start and end time settings can all be accessed from one page during adding an event.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is not easily integrated with my google calendars. I can add one google calendar to it but haven't figured out a way to see my multiple google calendars. For that reason, I've switched to GooCal app (a free calendar app). It allows me to see more than one google calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just need a mobile calendar for yourself, this should be fine. If you need to share calendars with many people, this is not a very good choice.

We keep my team's vacation schedules on shared calendars. I like to be able to access it from mobile as well as a pc.

iCal review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Eh.....could be better, could be worse"

What do you like best?

I like its design and ease of use, though I don't like how it can't connect with more of calendars

What do you dislike?

No integration with outlook which I need it to do for work, or integration with Google Calendars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It won't connect with other calendars easily, so I often have to use multiple calendars. If you are solely using Apple for all your communication you should be fine, if not find something else.

Organization and planning.

iCal review by Brittany T.
Brittany T.

"I have never been so on top of my life! "

What do you like best?

I use apple calendar for just about everything in my life. If its not in my calendar it does not get done! My husband and I have used the calendar to streamline our home. I simply make events in the calendar, or he does, and it will send him an invite to accept the event. i love that feature! I also love that i can add things to my calendar from anywhere!

What do you dislike?

I love most everything about iCal except for being able to schedule events on say the second Monday of each month from my phone. To schedule a monthly task that's not attached to the date you have to log into your iCloud.com account and schedule it from here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an apple product and you are not using this to organize your life you are missing out! Give it a try and see what a difference it makes in just a few short days of using it!

I am finding the more that i use my iCal account the more i love it! It offers me flexibility and ease of use wherever i am. I love that i can also integrate my outlook calendar to it as well so all my events and tasks are streamlined!

iCal review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Prefer Google Calendar for appointments and reminders"

What do you like best?

I like the quick access to the calendar and that it is always available on my iphone.

What do you dislike?

The appointments and reminders work better for me when I can input all of my info to the Google calendar, it automatically loads my email contacts in

The widget is quick access for my on my iphone and ipad.

iCal review by Melissa V.
Melissa V.

"Easy to use Calendar"

What do you like best?

Pretty straight forward. Can easily enter an event. Can set reminders and great with integrating calendars.

What do you dislike?

Not a great interface. Can confuse. Too time consuming to enter events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use Google Calendars.

I want a calendar with easier access to plan events.

iCal review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"Apple Calendar"

What do you like best?

The interface is more sleek than some of its competitors. It is easy to input data, and it syncs well with other apple products.

What do you dislike?

It does not sync well with non-apple products, and can get very frustrating when you are trying to run Outlook on a mac because the Apple Calendar can overtake the invite when downloaded, which is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It just needs to work out its synchronization issues with non-apple products and then it would be a great tool for centralizing all your calendars into one spot. If you are an apple product user all around, it works seamlessly.

Trying to centralize work and personal calendar all in one place and allow contribution from other sources for calendar updates.

iCal review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"It's perfect and works with my iPhone!"

What do you like best?

We all know this comes with all apple computers. It works pretty well with my Google Calendar and synchronizes with my phone almost instantly. The calendar is visually appealing and very easy to use. I use this for home, family, kids, and business.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always work with Google Calendars but that's a rare occasion. The product itself is perfect for my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is so easy to use! If you ever have problems, apple support has helped me with all kinds of problems and they make everything so simple.

I have a very busy life and this product along with my iPhone keeps me very very organized.

iCal review by Nicholas H.
Nicholas H.

"Descent product"

What do you like best?

Keeps my appointments and gives me notifications so i'm not late.

What do you dislike?

When using multiple devices sometimes can be difficult to modify event

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use

I am able to make all of my appointments

iCal review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Simple, Effective, and Basic"

What do you like best?

It comes with every Mac and for people that use Apple for everything, it's a great solution. I love the look and feel of this product.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always work with Google and Exchange. It tries to but getting perfect synchronization has been frustrating, I'm also not very patient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think for most people, Apple Calendar should be sufficient. It worked for me for a little bit but constant struggles with Exchange and Google just led me to look at a more reliable solution for ME.

Unfortunately, my life is too complicated or I'm too impatient to get this product to fully work for me.

iCal review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Too simple"

What do you like best?

Easy fast setup for beginners, simple training.

What do you dislike?

No creativity on the making of the calendar.. Couldve atleast upgraded it for iOS 9.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy use

Easy appointment set up/editing.

iCal review by Will W.
Will W.

"A credible alternative to Outlook, but not perfect"

What do you like best?

I like that it syncs well across all my apple devices. I use my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook throughout the day and my calendars are always aligned. This is huge.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I I get meeting invites from non-Apple users, and the invitations don't import into Apple Calendar. Mostly it works, but not 100% of the time.

Outlook was slowing down my Mac and causing serious productivity problems for me, so I turned it off and switched to Apple Mail and Apple Calendar. These actually worked much better for me and were 95% compatible with Outlook. I say 95% because occasionally things didn't import or sync correctly, but mostly it worked great. My Mac ran faster, and it was a good decision for me. Your mileage may vary.

iCal review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"The only way I stay organized"

What do you like best?

I like that the calendar keeps me organized in every single area of work that I am involved in. I also enjoy that I can be anywhere and still open the information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when people edit events I get too many updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who use a paper planner, you're a joke! Use apple Calendar today!

Organization in business is key!

iCal review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Idealic"

What do you like best?

If you like Google Calendar or are at least familiar with it, Apple Calendar is probably the only if at all best thing that can compare to Google Calendar. In terms of benefits, Apple Calendar does an amazing job of tracking the days events, syncing with other mail or calendar applications. And has wonderful ways of separating your events. Whether it is school, work, home, or any other kind of event, Apple Calendar has you covered when it comes to staying on task, organized, and on time. The simplicity of the calendar is amazing, because it is easy to use, is updated with any change to any other devices you have it synced to, and can be viewed in many forms. This is by far my favorite way to organize my day's events.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say needs to be worked on is how the events are tracked from other applications or software such as yahoo. I have had many problems trying to get yahoo and my iCloud applications to sync as clean and precise as possible. Somehow I feel yahoo tries to keep its own format so some events do not completely match or may change in one way or another. Other than that, all the other applications/ programs I have synced with my Calendar such as Facebook, Windows Live, Gmail, and Twitter or other calendar apps work very well with Apple Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend syncing this with other devices so that no matter where you are you will have the same calendar events and you will get the most out of this program.

iCal review by Stefan B.
Stefan B.

"Simple calendar. Might not be sufficient for what you need."

What do you like best?

It's integrated in iOS and OSX. Nice colouring and with Mavericks and iOS 7, they finally got rid of some stupid user interface metaphors from the past.

What do you dislike?

Tasks are moved to a separate Reminders app (on OSX Mountain Lion and newer) and iOS, which is a pity, as tasks are more than often related to the calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While seemingly oriented to individual users, it does integrate with my company's Exchange and is mostly reliable (with iCloud syncing). But only if your primary computer is a Mac and you use an iDevice.

Keeping track of my full schedule. Could not function without.

iCal review by Josh L.
Josh L.

"Keeps me organized"

What do you like best?

I use the reminder functions to keep me on point and on time. For example, if I need to call a vendor in 2 weeks, I put a reminder in my apple calendar, which synchs with my microsoft outlook calendar and I am reminded on my phone and my computer that I need to make the call

What do you dislike?

I wish that the reminders could stay around in a list until I complete them. I see the reminder once and then it's gone

I am more effective and more organized when I use Apple Calendar.

Learning about iCal?

* We monitor all iCal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.