iCal

Keep track of your busy schedule and share it with others using Calendar. See all your calendars in a single window. Works with iCloud, Yahoo!, and Google.

Work for iCal?

Learning about iCal?

iCal Reviews

Showing 107 iCal reviews
iCal review by <span>Connor B.</span>
Connor B.

"Reliable Calendar for iOS Devices"

What do you like best?

Apple Calendar is the best Calendar that I have used on my iOS devices. The feature that I like the most about Apple Calendar is that it is compatible with Apple Mail. When I receive an email message to my Apple Mail, any events and appointments are automatically synced to my Apple Calendar. This is convenient because I don't have to remember to go back-and-forth in between my email and my calendar to write events that I received via email. Before my calendar and email automatically synced, I would have to go from an event I was even an email and manually type it out into my calendar. It was easy to leave things out, make mistakes and even sometimes overlook and forget to write events on my calendar. There's definitely a convenience factor with this automatic sync.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reminder feature of Apple Calendar or at least certain aspects of it. For me, it is important to be reminded of every event that is on my calendar. Unfortunately, I have discovered that Apple calendar does not automatically set reminders to events on the calendar. Even those automatically synced events from my email. So, when event is automatically synced from an email to my calendar, since Apple calendar does not automatically put a reminder in to an event, I have overlooked and missed events because there was no reminder notification. Especially for those events that are not manually added to my calendar, a reminder is important. I would like Apple calendar even more if reminders were automatically set to each event on the calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple calendar anyone who uses an iOS device. It is convenient since it automatically syncs with your Apple email and with your Apple Maps. So, if a location is added to an event in my Apple calendar I can automatically bring it up in my Apple Maps without having to manually type the address out.

Apple Calendar has been a huge benefit to my business as you are allowed to share your calendar with coworkers or anyone who uses Apple calendar. So, I'm able to view the calendars of my employees and coworkers. I'm also able to share my calendar with others. This has been a most convenient feature as I don't have to check in with 10 people who I want to set a meeting with in order to get their availability. All that I have to do is look at their Apple calendar to see when they are free and then I can set meetings around others schedule. This makes it more convenient for me and for others. It is also a great future because you can set permissions to allow what others can view on your calendar. You can let them view details or just that you are busy or free at certain times.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iCal
iCal review by <span>Jennifer P.</span>
Jennifer P.

"Makes it Easy to Keep Track of Everything"

What do you like best?

Apple Calendar is so great because it provides an easy way for me to track everything that I have going on in my life. My favorite thing about it would have to be the reminder feature. The reminder feature allows you to set a reminder alarm or alert for any event that is on your calendar. You can set it to remind you on a certain day or on a certain day of each month - this means that it routinely reminds you of an ongoing event. You are also able to have it remind you one or two days before an event. Before this, I used to have to add one event to my calendar multiple times so that I could be alerted days before an event. This allows me time to prepare whatever I need for that event. Apple Calendar's reminder alerts have made life much more simple now that I'm able to set multiple reminders for just a single event.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I have found to dislike about Apple Calendars also has to do with the reminder alert feature that I love - and that has helped me - so much. This is because those reminder alerts are not automatically set when something is added to your Apple Calendar. So, you have to make sure that you remember to manually add a reminder each time an event is added to your calendar. If you don't manually add it, no reminder alert will be included and you will not be reminded - or notified at all besides with a pop-up at the time of the event. This is really bad when I have it synced so that events that I receive in my email are automatically put on my calendar. This is because - since these events are automatically synced and I'm not manually putting them in - an alert is never included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Apple Calendar to any person who uses an Apple device. It is easy to use with a clean and professional layout. I definitely recommend that you set it up to automatically sync with your Apple Mail so that any time you receive an event in your email it automatically is placed on your calendar. This feature has really been of assistance to me. Apple Calendar is also nice because it allows you to set priority to each event on your calendar. Highly recommend Apple Calendar to anyone and everyone !

Apple Calendar has proven beneficial because of its compatibility with Apple Mail. This means that - since I have Apple Calendar and Apple Mail synced - each time I receive an email containing an event - it is automatically synced to my Apple Calendar. Before this, I would have to go back and forth between my Apple Mail and my Apple Calendar in order to be able to manually type in the details of an event that I received in my email to my calendar. This was time consuming and it was easy to overlook details. There were even times when I got so many emails that I overlooked an event all together and it never made it to my Apple Calendar at all. Now that I have the two services set to be synced - I never have to worry about missing an important event. It has really proven to help me in my professional life and I continue to recommend it to my colleagues. I recommend it a lot to colleagues because we can then view each other's calendars - another great and helpful feature of Apple Calendar.

What Calendar solution do you use?

iCal review by <span>Indya J. C.</span>
Indya J. C.

"Functional calendar app"

What do you like best?

Apple did an amazing job at allowing apple calendar to sync with your connected accounts. Because I sit on several boards, they have made calendars that I need to be able to foresee at all times. For this reason I can see both my personal calendar events and events from my boards at the same time. I also love that you can be very specific with the details for your events, setting timed reminders, recurrences, etc. Because Ihave so many recurring calendar invites I can color code them as well. I would save overall this is a great calendar app that is simple and user-friendly and undoubtedly functional. I must say though that my favorite feature is your ability to click within your own invites and calendars and share seamlessly with your contact or simply by entering their email address. My family uses this feature for traveling plans and recently surgeries planned within our family.

What do you dislike?

Im not super crazy about the interface. Its very simple--good and downside. I also don't like that even with adjusting with the window sizing if there are multiple reminders for that date--you just have a number i.e. 6 more. I think it would be nice to see at the very least the colors for the various reminders, so that even if you can't see the reminders themselves, if your have recurring or new reminders you are visually triggered by whats included on that day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple calendars this is an extremely user friendly calendar. I think if you coordinate events or external calendars, you will also enjoy this app as you won't have have to create multiple invites as you can simple create the calendar and share it with said users w/o having to give them permissions or multiple links

I can definitely share calendars! This feature has allowed me to literally streamline my life as i have access to my personal, business and volunteer -related calendars all at the same time. This made my paper planner obsolete.

iCal review by <span>Samuel L.</span>
Samuel L.

"Excellent way to manage schedule"

What do you like best?

The feature that I like best about Apple Calender is that it is compatible with the Mail program on the Apple interface. This is so convenient because whenever an event or meeting is emailed to Mail, it automatically syncs to my Apple Calendar. That's right, Apple Calender automatically recognizes events sent to my Mail and adds it to my Calender. It is so convenient and time saving. I also like that when I create a recurring event on Apple Calendar, I'm easily able to go back and edit one occurance without having to edit the entire series.

What do you dislike?

I would like if Apple Calendar made it easier to add events, time and place, by following links. Apple Caneldar would be more convenient if it allowed you to locate an event and - by clicking on the link - it recognized the time and place and automatically set a reminder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Apple Calendar for those who want an easy a way to manage their schedule. It is especially convenient for those who use Mail/the Apple email application as it can be set to sync with Apple Calendar to automatically transfer all events received in the Mail application (using any email account you use in the Apple mail application) to your Calender - this helps to ensure that no important event is overlooked and saving you the extra step of creating a calendar event manually.

The reminder feature on Apple Calendar has proved to be the most beneficial tool in the application. It allows you to pick a time for Apple Calendar to remind you of an event and even set a second reminder to ensure you don't miss anything on your schedule. It also allows you to customize the reminder with your choice of vibration or alarm sound. It has helped to ensure that we are prepared and don't miss any event. We are even able to share events on Apple Calendar with others that need to be included, to help ensure all necessary parties are notified.

iCal review by <span>jon p.</span>
jon p.

"Simple calendar"

What do you like best?

You can set multiple accounts with multiple calendars. This makes it very simple to separate work and other appointments that I have. I also like how it links to all of your devices, allowing you to always schedule what you need, even if you don't have your main device with you.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more options to each specific appointment that you make. If there was a sharing function that allowed you to share certain appointments or events with large groups of people without having to select each person individually. It would also be nice for multiple people to be able to edit events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a simple way to keep track of both your person and your professional obligations. I definitely enjoy the ability to have multiple, separate calendars.

Customizing specific events and sharing them with the entire company. This makes planning meetings very simple.

iCal review by User in Higher Education

"Great Syncing Calendar"

What do you like best?

I love how Apple Calendar syncs with every single Apple device that you own. If I put an event in on my iPad, it will show up on my MacBook. I find this extremely beneficial because I have a tendency to forget the various events that I have lined up and need access to them on every device. I love that the calendar displays the actual date rather than a "fake" date.

What do you dislike?

I few the Apple Calendar as an excellent resource, and, therefore, do not feel like there is an aspect about it that I dislike. I am very pleased with it's overall results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apple Calendar is a great scheduling and date took for anyone that sings Apple Products, including: MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads. If you are looking for a calendar that syncs to all of your devices than this is the Calendar for you! And, this software is free on all Apple products!

I find that when I schedule anything, especially business related, I can put it into the Apple device that I am currently using, and then it will show up in all of my other Apple devices. I like this because I don't have to worry about repeatedly putting in an event, but I can also access it from anywhere.

Learning about iCal?

* We monitor all iCal reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.