iCIMS Recruit

Recruit provides customers with a configurable Applicant Tracking System, allowing you to store and track profiles, jobs, and workflows in a central location.

Work for iCIMS Recruit?

Learning about iCIMS?

iCIMS Recruit Reviews

Ask iCIMS a Question
Showing 291 iCIMS reviews
iCIMS review by Melissa O.
Melissa O.

"Improvements all the time but still not really listening to their customers"

What do you like best?

Lots of configuration options and the ability to customize including creating custom fields.

Report dashboards are nice. I can write reports then share them with a login group.

Support is pretty responsive, usually get a non-automated reply in 24 hours and support is very knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports aren't really intuitive and in some cases can't get all the info I want in one report as the fields don't cross from one module to the other (recruiting and onboarding for example). Reports are also restricted to 20 fields total. One example, trying to find offer extended but not accepted or rejected across all our custom offers (no common field)

Onboarding tasks can't be reassigned to a different HR Coordinator which can be challenging when someone leaves.

Test environment is very limited - can't test candidate or onboarding features as the test system only is the "platform" and does not include the portal.

HUGE price hike after our 3 year contract was up (76%!) even though we had a percent max at renewal listed in the contract, they did not honor it.

Moving from a person profile to a recruiter workflow profile can be confusing for new users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although the product is improving, the huge 77% price hike made us really question our choice.

Recruiters like it for job postings but managing tasks aren't quite where we need them. Posting a job is fairly easy as is managing aprpovals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iCIMS Recruit
iCIMS review by Sandi M.
Sandi M.

"Recruiting Information at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

When I joined the company I am with currently, there was a proprietary ATS, which means it was not a real ATS, so I started the search to bring in an ATS solution for our recruiting needs. We looked at 6 different products and decided on ICIMS for a few reasons, the main reason being the UI (user interface) was easy to navigate. All the information we needed was right there and we can customize our screen to see what we want, where we want it. The reporting is great too, as it provides all the information you need to provide stats back to management. Lastly, their help desk is really helpful. Very responsive and quick to answer questions. Really happy with our decision!

What do you dislike?

More of a wish than a dislike, I wish that the background check vendor we work with was integrated with ICIMS, currently it is not, but not a deal killer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to look at other software products to make sure this does meet your needs. It is always interesting to see how different ATS systems are set up to do basically the same thing!

The business problems we are trying to solve is getting resources in quick enough. By having ICIMS we are able to provide data to the business on how many resumes we are getting, where are they coming from, and if there is a breakdown in the process internally we can show that through the reporting.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

iCIMS review by Amanda  D.
Amanda D.

"Customizable and Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

The system has a great customer support line/ticketing system. Almost all of my questions or system updates can be answered over the phone. If not, they are prompt in putting in a ticket for their technical team and I receive a quick response back. The platform itself is also easy to learn and utilize, along with having opportunities to customize the system to work best for your team.

What do you dislike?

There are some system issues that hold the platform back. For instance, most emails that are sent from icims by a recruiter/hr seem to go into the spam/junk folders for candidates.

The system allows for easy access into the life cycle of the candidate, from applying to a position, interviewing, accepting, completing paperwork, and starting. The system also helps us to record and track key metrics that we can bring back to our business partners.

iCIMS review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Great software for all your recruiting/hiring process"

What do you like best?

iCIMS saves us a lot of time with its recruiting procedures. Stuff that was done using paper sheets, online forms and slow process, can now be done in one, single software. It is also very integrated with excel, which allows the user to pull reports directly from it.

What do you dislike?

It can be tough with users that are non-HR, and not familiar with how to properly use the software. It also lacks some functionalities, but nothing that affects the experience very much.

We have increased our productivity and hire ratio exponentially. The time saved with iCIMS is being used in different projects, which helps the team a lot. Also, out staff finds it to be quicker than other software.

iCIMS review by Dan D.
Dan D.

"iCIMS is great."

What do you like best?

Creating job postings is a breeze. The foldering and bucketing systems in the job requisition makes it easy for recruiters to track their candidates status. The dashboards are customizable with different graphs or information about positions. Their support team is great, there is tons of information on their website and their support line is helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

The user interface itself is very bland. It could be spruced up a little bit to be more enjoyable to look at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize iCIMS support whenever you need it. They provide a very inclusive online database for pretty much anything you would need. If you can't find it, someone is always willing to help!

The candidate experience has improved vastly. Also, our hiring managers have found it much easier to submit their job openings to the recruiting team.

iCIMS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Helps keep things together and trackable"

What do you like best?

I can find and track everything I need to for all the hiring I do here without consulting my HR contact for much. It's also part of my G Suite apps, so it's convenient to find and login.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard is quite busy, so navigating to exactly what I'm looking for can be a chore (but this might have more to do with how our org has laid it out by default than the software itself). I'd also like more of the interview scheduling, as well as linking to where a req is publicly posted to be readily available as part of a res entry in the tool.

As a hiring manager, I need to be able to create and update reqs easily, then track candidates and approvals, which this allows me to do. I no longer t need to operate in email with (various) HR contacts in order to keep it all straight.

iCIMS review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Excellent ATS Toolset"

What do you like best?

I like the product design of the three major components and how they support the candidate pipeline.

Social Connect

Recruit

Onboard

What do you dislike?

Integration performance or third party services (non-iCIMS)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluate your current tools and processes and make the appropriate design changes based on your outcomes and needs. Then select the tool that will get you there.

We have a small high performance Talent Acquisition Team and we are highly productive in a very fast paced environment. We save time and are very efficient throughout the candidate development lifecycle. We have gone almost paperless with onboarding and have had great success.

iCIMS review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Simply Amazing!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about iCIMS is how easy the platform is to navigate for both our HR team and for our hiring managers throughout the organization. Additionally, they are always pushing through new updates (free) that help make the system better and their customer support team is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

If I have to say what I don't like about iCIMS, it would be that they only focus on being an applicant tracking system. Our organization enjoys them so much that we wish they would release other platforms as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best vendors to work with - they are honest, supportive, fair, and very friendly.

For my organization, we were able to move from a paper and pencil application to having everything online including our entire on-boarding process.The ROI for us was almost immediate with all of the time we were saving.

iCIMS review by Kelli F.
Kelli F.

"Great for Managing Candidates"

What do you like best?

From Hiring Manager perspective: The ease of looking at resumes and downloading one document that has all resumes combined. I also like the professional look at feel of the job posting and ease of sharing the job posting. I love the feature that emails all the applicants when a person has been hired and the job is filled.

From Applicant perspective: I like that you create an account and can apply for different jobs within the company, but your basic information is saved. I like the ease of uploading cover letter and resume.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to find where the additional documents are after the resume. I often have trouble finding cover letters.

Sorting and managing the hiring process with many candidates. Notifying candidates that the position is filled is a huge time saver.

iCIMS review by Administrator

"Amazing ATS with Great Reporting Features"

What do you like best?

I like that is so easy to find a candidate or a requisition in the system. I can edit information easily and view reports and notes from hiring managers that allow me to ensure compliance.

What do you dislike?

It may be very user-friendly, however, the look of it is not very aesthetically pleasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I urge you to look into the product. There might be other platforms out there that will fit your needs if you are a smaller company. However, if you have a larger corporation or business, definitely consider iCIMS for your hiring needs. It will aid you to create a great experience for users, hiring managers, and most importantly the applicants.

We are able to track our candidates easily and note why they were hired or regretted in case of audits, etc.

iCIMS review by Jon K. D.
Jon K. D.

"Organized, helpful and easy to use tool that provides what Recruiters need to do their job well."

What do you like best?

Overall the dashboard is the right tool within the product; the customization that can be done based on role is perfect. The overall system is very user friendly and the candidate and job views show the right information in a nice 3 panel view. Additionally the ability to change the view for your companies customization is flexible to use, so this is really a nice ability most systems don't have.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't say there is anything I dislike about iCIMS at this point. Everything has been working great and great customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The dashboard is a great tool and it was something I highly value. The scaleability and flexible customization for your needs as a recruiter and a company are perfect and easy to implement. Candidate management within iCIMS Recruit is easy to use with great automation functions that work with your process.

We are able to increase our efficiency filling positions that include time to fill, increased exposure, and create a positive recruiting experience with our candidates. Recruit has been able to help us with a streamlined process for our hiring mangers to follow. We can't wait for us to roll out their manger view for more efficient for them. We have not rolled out out as we have multiple system roll outs in the last year we wan to make sure they can adapt to this.

iCIMS review by Julia A.
Julia A.

"A great ATS - especially for Onboarding"

What do you like best?

I like the seamless transition from Recruit to Onboard. The software is user friendly and is very interactive. So many things can be accomplished within the system. There is no need for manual forms to be sent through email. This means that almost every aspect of the recruitment process can be included in metric reports.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack of control a system admin has. It seems as though so many small tasks have to be completed by support. Also, we have to use iForms for offer letters, which can be very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Onboard is a must. We have employees in different states and countries - the Onboard product simplifies the management of all the legal requirements for different locations.

There have been many benefits to using iCIMS Recruit. The application process is simple for our candidates, and the system is easy to navigate for our recruiters. I like that for a candidate, the portal is the same for application and onboarding purposes. We no longer need any paper forms when bringing in new talent.

iCIMS review by Rickie E.
Rickie E.

"An easy ATS solution just right for our Small Biz needs"

What do you like best?

We have just begun using the ICIMS and so far so good. The candidate interface is seamless and the admin controls are intuitive. The training I received and demo seemed just about right and although I have needed some follow-up with a rep, they are pretty accessible. Have not used support as of yet and they did negotiate a bit on price which was very helpful as we are still in start-up mode. Once we scale up, Im hoping the system will keep up.

What do you dislike?

So far have not had any major issues. Maybe the only 'inconvenience' is the importing of candidates from our old system. There is an email address where you attach resumes to, and candidates are automatically imported and created in the iCIMS platform (this is a nice feature of course) but it is limited to 10 attachments per email. We did not have thousands of resumes - but if we did...that would be a problem.

Integrating sourcing, recruiting and on-boarding while creating a seamless end-user experience. Integrating into our current benefits and payroll system.

iCIMS review by Danny B.
Danny B.

"Flexible Platform, Streamlining Our Hiring & Increasing Effeciences"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of iCIMs to accommodate a variety of complex hiring processes. As we've added, changed and grown our processes, iCIMs has been able to grow right alongside us. They are constantly evolving and advancing their products - which is very refreshing.

What do you dislike?

There are a variety of configurations that an ICIMs Support Technician must make on your request. There are sometimes I wish we had more control - but a call or email ticket and I'm reminded they have some of the best support I've experienced. Instead of wanting more control, it's nice to have a team of experts waiting to help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should have someone on your team who is well versed in technology. We formed a partnership with HR and Technology inside our organization. This was a win. The administration is technical and will require quite a bit of technical understanding. This shouldn't scare you. The training, support and implementation process is very user-friendly. Just a note that this is a technical product.

iCIMs will dramatically reduce our current paper-driven hiring process. In addition, our Hiring Managers will have a real-time view on where a candidate is in the process. We are saving countless emails and phone calls and hours of back-and-forth for virtually everyone involved in the hiring process.

iCIMS review by Elise B.
Elise B.

"User-friendly ATS with awesome customizable capabilities"

What do you like best?

I love the sleek and minimalist design, the fact that you can search anything and return a result easily, and the interface is very user-friendly. You can also customize your recruitment process to be what fits your company's needs, which is very helpful. My company does not use everything iCIMS has to offer, but it would be great in the future to apply iCIMS's capabilities to our recruitment processes. They have a ton of iCIMS Webinars to learn how to best utilize their products and services.

What do you dislike?

This is sort of a double-edged sword. They update quite frequently. While I easily adjust, some people in the office dislike the changes that are made at times. However, improvements and changes are necessary for growth. The only other dislike is the scheduling system. It is the only component to the ATS that is not as user-friendly as it should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a product that has great customer support, is user-friendly and is customizable to your needs, this would be a great choice for you!

We used to be an all-paper recruitment process. iCIMS has completely streamlined the recruitment process, allowing us to have time-savings in regards to less paper. Everything is all in one place, which is a huge benefit. In addition, reports can be ran on almost any aspect/detail in iCIMS, which makes it great for the analysis of the data and determining if there are improvements to be made in certain areas of recruitment (i.e., advertisement).

Since we are fairly new to this whole transition, I think the benefits are huge and it makes our lives as recruiters much easier and less easy to have human-error.

iCIMS review by Dawn M.
Dawn M.

"iCIMS has greatly improved my productivity and ability to communicate with hiring mangers!"

What do you like best?

The ability to share candidates with hiring managers, communicate with candidates, get approval for offers and keep all the details electronically in one place.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. I liked the recruit product so much less than a year later I got approval to add the onboarding product. It has been wonderful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would defiantly switch again. Take a look it is worth the money and the time to get your process just the way you want it!! We are getting better candidates.

I have been able to take the process from emailing candidates back and forth to managers to forwarding them directly to hiring managers. Then when they are ready to make and offer I go directly through the system for the offer approval process, the offer, background & drug testing, moving directly to onboarding. It keeps everything all in one place. It is very organized and efficient! This doesn't even mention approval of new jobs, posting, getting them on our internal & external job boards. We also post them to regular job boards and niche job sites through iCIMS. It has been such a wonderful tool!!

iCIMS review by Cindy P.
Cindy P.

"Recruitment automation made simple"

What do you like best?

The iCIMS interface is my favourite thing about the tool! and the People at iCIMS come a close second.

What do you dislike?

It can be frustrating at times to work through the helpdesk - not because of the Helpdesk Agents but because there can be a delay in response times due to my location in the Middle East.

I also find the configuration portal a little confusing but it's one of those things that the more you work with it the easier it becomes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that you have a team who is technically savy and are curious enough to explore the tool themselves as you don't get much spoon feeding from iCIMS. Good idea to have an iCIMS trainer come out and train up the team before the system goes live as no amount of online training can truly prepare you - a day spent working through lots of examples of how the system will work in your environment gives your team an added advantage of having a successful launch.

Effective tracking stands out, information at my fingertips is another (I oversee recruitment operations so it's awesome to be able to keep track of my Team's performance and productivity); great candidates getting access to our career page and this is impacting our recruitment costs positively.

iCIMS review by Josie H.
Josie H.

"Customer Service Has Been Great, some functionality hiccups"

What do you like best?

Coming from never having an ATS its been pretty great in terms of being able to customize most of the processes and work flow to match what I was used to. I'm still very new so haven't dove into the reporting tools yet. I really like being able to easily email candidates and the templates are all stored.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot more tactical actions and clicking around than I would prefer. To get from a persons profile to their candidate profile is time consuming. We've yet to fix problems with Social Distribution so I haven't been able to release it to the org yet.

Its a very robust system and a little hard to remember where to go to make changes.

If a manager asks a question in the offer approval process and declines approval, the data is lost after and you have to restart the approval process all over again. I still can't understand why the offer can't track or house the questions/legacy information within notes somewhere.

Would be great to have other documents easily visible as an image like the resume. Managers have complained they have to download any additional documents to view them.

Tractability, ROI, time management. Candidate engagement is key. Would love to learn more about recruiting marketing campaigns to keep candidates engaged, just haven't had the time yet.

iCIMS review by Colleen B.
Colleen B.

"Still learning the ropes, all good so far!"

What do you like best?

I am still learning how to navigate the system. My experience so far has been good, it is organized in a fashion that is easy for me to learn and utilize.

What do you dislike?

Most of the issues I have run into have been addressed by our support team. The only problem I do see is when I get an email notification of someone applying to a position, it does not tell me what the location is they applied to. I am pretty sure it is how we have posted the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a neatly organized system and easily utilized by all members of our HR and Recruiting for access to our candidates as they go through the hiring process.

I love how I can house important documents in one location for our credentialing team to have access to and a candidate can edit the form we send to them

iCIMS review by Caleb W.
Caleb W.

"Meet Expectations, Continues to Improve. "

What do you like best?

Constant improvements to the system being made. Easy to interface with other systems. Extensive help desk, forums, community for everyone to participate in. Never feel unsupported. User interfaces, searches, and other aspects currently being updated and re-looked at which is making it easier for users to learn the system and how to use.

What do you dislike?

Some features can be difficult for all users to learn to use at first. Some features are missing aspects you would expect to find in similar products.

Used for tracking on data that we are audited for and for records retention. Able to pull metrics for recruiting performance and business performance. Streamlined many manual processes through the platform to ether make automated or semi-automated, creating more time to spend on important tasks. Creating a more thorough integration with internal HR. Helped close the gap on time-to-fill to create a more seamless and automated system.

iCIMS review by Persephone J. W.
Persephone J. W.

"Easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

ICims is a really easy recruitment platform to work with. You can create various job postings and they all go to a central "box" for each job and you can then sort through them even more after that. It's all easy to teach and learn even to co-workers outside of HR. You do need to stay on top of their updates to make sure you're getting all the newest features.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to just delete applications out. You can only sort them into a reject/turn down bucket but eventually those buckets get full. They have old rejected applications from years ago. I just want to delete them out permanently.

Mainly meeting recruitment goals. ICims keeps it all nicely sorted and notifies us of certain new apps. It's also helping us see what postings are getting the highest applications.

iCIMS review by Eugenia A.
Eugenia A.

"Easy to Implement With The Right Resources, Intuitive to Use as a Recruiter"

What do you like best?

This is my 2nd implementation with iCIMS, and I have used the Recruit and Onboarding portals, HRIS integration, bi-directional data feeds to a background vendor, and Agency and Hiring Manager portals. I have also worked on the back end of other HR systems, such as Taleo, PeopleSoft, ADP and SuccessFactors. Comparatively, getting iCIMS up and running and working on the back end is MUCH easier than any of these other systems. Along with that, the iCIMS support and project resources are phenomenal, highly responsive and will go above and beyond to make the system work for your process.

From a systems admin, or recruiter standpoint, the iCIMS online training is incredible and it provides an excellent foundation of the system. With a little bit of internal training and explanation on the company's specific setup, and the intuitiveness of the system itself, people get up to speed very quickly.

What do you dislike?

This is not as much of a dislike for iCIMS, as it is a recommendation to be ready to assign the right resources internally. iCIMS quotes project time expectations, not taking into account who the company has assigned to the project or their experience level, which places unrealistic expectations on the project manager and implementation timeline. Also, iCIMS sells the system as "super easy" to configure, which it is, but without clearly defining the internal resources needed, signoff, testing and adjustment requirements, people who are not knowledgeable about systems implementations start asking "can't we just turn it on"? LOL, no.

One thing iCIMS could do is to outline a real number of hours and duration required of tasks and testing, and provide best practices and recommendations up from for what types of internal company resources are recommended for implementations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have experienced, dedicated, resources to get the system up and running, even if it means pulling them off everything else for a few weeks. That, or hire a contractor with this type of experience. Also, ensure your HRIS system data is streamlined to only what is necessary to create a new hire record, and that your data and fields in the HRIS system is "clean".

Here's the difference in having the right resources and HRIS systems alignment.

At the first company, our HR team were specialists, dedicated to an area of expertise, and we had a very strong and responsive IT team. At the time, the iCIMS implementation was my main focus, and I was assigned an IT and HRIS resource, both with prior implementation experience. We also had several recruiters involved in testing and a dedicated, full-time, iCIMS Administrator. Due to this level of knowledge and support, we had all implementation work completed in less time than the iCIMS estimates.

With regards to the HRIS integration specifically, we had ADP, and a very knowledgeable, prior IT Director, as our HRIS Director, who had taken the time to clean-up our ADP data, prior to the integration, so it made the mapping and testing process seamless.

At the second company, we operate more as a decentralized "generalist" model, and this is a very small part of my daily job. I get pulled away from the project frequently for other priorities. Also, none of our HR resources are familiar with iCIMS, or systems implementations and back-end configurations in general. My project resources have been reassigned several times as well, or left in the middle of a project. Currently, I have two part-time HR resources, with non-overlapping schedules, who are also limited on the amount of hours they can contribute and have many other priorities as well. They are both smart, quick, learners, and are very helpful and supportive, but things move very slow since we cannot get connected or have limited testing time and too many days between meetings. We also have no one from IT aligned.

With regards to the HRIS integration specifically, our ADP system is set-up with multiple company codes, due to acquisitions which have not been fully integrated and have separate time and attendance systems and benefits plans, along with a lot of "required" fields, which means we have had to add a ton of fields to iCIMS, and the recruiters will have to manually assign unique position numbers in iCIMS to ensure the feed is mapped correctly. We will streamline the new hire keying process some with the HRIS integration, but certainly not as much as we could have if we had integrated acquisitions into our systems and benefits from day one, and had not assigned them to multiple company codes.

At both companies, we implemented iCIMS to convert from entirely manually, cumbersome steps in the recruiting, hiring and onboarding process. The intent was to make our HR resources more strategic and efficient in their daily work, and to streamline the time it takes to recruit, hire and onboard a new hire. Moving to this system certainly accomplishes all of those benefits.

iCIMS review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"High Quality Service"

What do you like best?

You get what you pay for with iCIMS. We knew that it wasn't a system that we would outgrow and with their reputation of a top quality Help Desk, it was a no brainier for a partnership. There has never been a time that I have felt like iCIMS support didn't have my back, and they offer so much information to report from.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit overwhelming when starting from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend the system. But start small when implementing. It's capable of so much, but easier to add then to take away.

We are solving our issue of Onboarding company wide. We can't wait to get through implementation for that part of the platform. iCIMS solved our recruiting issues by keeping all our applications and candidates in a centralized location.

iCIMS review by User

"Good, simple interface with options for customization. "

What do you like best?

Integrates well with our platform. Training on how to use is simple most of the functions are straightforward and easy to grasp quickly just by scanning the page.

What do you dislike?

Some options only work on mass selection and some that should work on mass selection don't. I hate to have to individually go though and do certain dispositions that I should be able to do enmasse.

Before we used iCIMS changing things like our job descriptions or titles would have to be changed individually for each job title at each location. Not a huge problem if you're dealing with one store but become a bigger problem as you expand to have more and more locations.

iCIMS review by Shira A.
Shira A.

"Good system"

What do you like best?

Powerful system! We use the social distribution tool, the career page, and applicant tracking. ALl systems work great.

What do you dislike?

Though they work great, it takes many "clicks" through each system to get anything accomplished. The systems have a steep learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system. Like any applicant tracking system, if you implement it correctly and use it consistently, you'll make your life easier. If you're lax about keeping your documentation accurate/up-to-date, it's easy to snowball and make information management harder.

We love the social distribution tool - It lets staff auto-post via their social media networks whenever we have new roles open. The other systems do what they need to - but this is the tool that allows other teams in our company to realize how great iCims is.

iCIMS review by Kayleigh W.
Kayleigh W.

"Best ATS in the Game"

What do you like best?

I love the customization of iCIMS. They keep on top of best practices and are continually developing new ways to integrate newer technologies. I've recently attended a collaborative workshop in Philadelphia that iCIMS hosted for current and prospective users. They don't just stop with an ATS; they go above and beyond to grow their system is ways that users need and continue to educate their users on ways to get the most out of the system.

What do you dislike?

Generating custom reports can be very time consuming and difficult. The freedom to customize everything can lead to a lot of frustrations if you're having trouble locating the filters or functions you need. Once you are able to figure it out though, you can run a report and filter just about anything you can think of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. You will not be sorry.

Sourcing and tracking a candidate's application and multi-step interview process. Online paperwork for new hires through the Onboarding feature. Length of employment with our company. Length of time to fill a req. Improving quality of candidates that we're interviewing.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Best in Class Recruiting Software"

What do you like best?

It has significantly increased our candidate pool because this system will still capture candidate information even if they abandon the process before they hit submit. Many other ATS do no have that capability.

What do you dislike?

iCIMS does need to have reports that arr a combination or job profiles and person profiles. For example, I can run a report on time to fill for the company, for locations, for job titles, for job grades, etc. However, I cannot run a report on a hiring manager's average time to fill. A metric like this could be really helpful for workforce planning with new and future requisitions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have all of the potential recruiters in on the implementation process, instead of just one leader.

We have lowered our Time to Fill across the company from 81 Days to currently 57 Days. This has been a huge accomplishment, and can really speak to the value of having a very clear communication strategy that iCIMS can help with.

iCIMS review by Sean R.
Sean R.

"Big fan of iCIMS and their Connect application"

What do you like best?

The Connect applications that has Talent Pools and Email Campaign functionality. Most ATS do not allow you act like a CRM but iCIMS allows for this. The secret to building a large database is to being able to find your data. The tagging tool inside of iCIMS allows users to do this and there is the ability to bulk edit data in mass also that is crucial to database management.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to report on more data. I would like the portal functionality to be a little bit more customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to do outbound recruiting and manage long-term relationships with candidates, iCIMS is for you.

Talent pooling and outbound engagement. Being able to build and manage long term relationships.

iCIMS review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Great tool to assist in the busy world of HR!"

What do you like best?

The streamlining of our onboarding processes. The time cut from having to have new employees fill out their new paper work their first day to doing everything online before their start date has helped tremendously! The reporting feature is also a great way for us to track metrics that we weren't able to before.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features that is hard to learn them all!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a tool that is worth every penny. However, it is imperative you attend all the meetings and trainings prior as when you go live, there are so many things you need to know! The recorded trainings are very helpful if you are unsure on how to do something and support is always available!

We are putting multiple processes into one system so it is easier to keep track, especially when we are hiring so many new people at this time. We are able to complete almost aspect of the recruiting and onboarding process through the system so it cuts out all of the separate excel sheets and check lists that I had to use before!

iCIMS review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"ICIMS Recruit"

What do you like best?

Good way to keep your applicant processing organized and give line of sight to others. Ease of managing job postings.

What do you dislike?

Implementation took a while, long process. Team needed a great deal of training to be able to use to its potential. Not as much customization as I would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will give great line of sight to recruiting process, gives a place for all information needed. Great tool to use in reporting to other departments. Make sure users are well trained, will make implementation much easier and you will increase your ROI.

Making tracking applicants and onboarding much quicker. Easier reporting for recruiters to report on status of pipeline. We had a large talent pool to manage and track iCIMS made that much easier and with better reporting functionality.

iCIMS review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"iCIMS"

What do you like best?

iCIMS is a great tool that I have used to efficiently get job requisitions filled out and approved within my department. I like the fact iCIMS stores templates for job descriptions and is interconnected with all resources within the department from hiring managers to interviewers

What do you dislike?

The iCIMS interface is the weakest part of the software. I dislike the feel of the software and sometimes it can be difficult to navigate, change and/or edit existing requisition that are opened. This is not a huge thing but the only part I dislike.

The main benefit has been the efficiency in getting requisitions approved and reviewed throughout the organisation. The great advantage is that the hiring manager can set up all of the requirements for the position from interviewers, salary requirements and position skills.

iCIMS review by Matthew T.
Matthew T.

"Longtime user and Administrator"

What do you like best?

I've used iCIMS for the last nine years and it is the most comprehensive tool I've worked with. The ability to customize workflows, fields and reports makes it very handy in getting what you want out of tracking. In addition, due to it being a cloud based platform it is easy to access the system from anywhere without having to VPN in to an internal network. Adding and removing users is very easy from an administrative standpoint. The jobs library is a nice feature which lets us keep our descriptions up to date.

What do you dislike?

Some features of the system are not customizable like pop-up windows. In addition, customers do not have the ability to remove fields that were created in error or are no longer used, we can only hide them. The system is very powerful so it can overwhelm inexperienced users with appearing to be too complex. Because of the complexity of the system, companies need to have you need to have a competition administrator to manage and make updates. We tried to integrate Outlook in to iCIMS but they require us to white list a huge chunk of IP addresses which our security team was not comfortable with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow some additional customization flexibility

Recruiter tracking, source tracking and workflow management. We are able to monitor where our marketing spend is paying off based on the amount of candidates coming through from different sources and how many are hired. In 2015 we hired 681 people with a team of less than 10 Recruiters. There is no way we could do this without a good workflow management tool.

iCIMS review by Kim P.
Kim P.

"Super In-house Admin capabilities; fairly intuitive user-interface."

What do you like best?

The iCims platform allows you to configure your candidate experience and internal process in real time. No waiting; no change order fees. If you're used to other providers where configuration changes mean submitting a ticket, scope of work meetings, pricing and then execution time, this alone will make your experience.

When you do need to reach out to iCims they are the most responsive customer service providers I have ever interacted with - not a statement to make lightly. Perfect? No. Close to it though: their commitment to listening to customers and incorporating feedback very quickly is simply superior.

What do you dislike?

I see occasional iCims configuration changes which don't fit the way I use iCims and which are not configurable. I hope they will continue to believe that part of their tremendous appeal is the ability to customize their platform and user experience so much and so easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence and speak to iCims' customers with similar structure and anticipated use.

ModSpace has been able to streamline and adjust our recruiting process achieving our time to fill targets for the last 3 years. iCims' reporting functionality has enabled us to continually tweak and focus our advertising dollars resulting in reduced and more effective recruitment budget.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Screening applicants "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and attractive data visualizations. Makes screening effortless. Easy to displace applicants in appropriate folder. First applicant tracking system I have used and it was easy to get used to. Makes it convenient to screen a bulk of candidates. Good for high volume recruiting.

What do you dislike?

Not dislike anything. I dislike that our company has not implemented this applicant tracking system earlier. Even though getting used to the program is pretty simple, at first it can seem overwhelming. The front page could be simplified and easier to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It's easy for not only the recruiter, but also the candidates.

Our company used to use paper documents for screening and hiring applicants. Using ICIMS Recruit has made the hiring process FASTER and EASIER, since all the documents are virtually stored. Benefits: Faster hiring process, less paperwork (environmentally conscious), and more efficiency

Easy for new recruiters to start using, does not require much training.

iCIMS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"An ATS we would recommend to all"

What do you like best?

The platform allows for customization to fit your company's needs. Easy to filter data, pull reports into an excel sheet and track hires. Req approvals, sharing candidates with hiring managers and dispositioning is a breeze. Customer support is fantastic, whether you call their helpdesk or your account manager, everyone is very knowledgeable and friendly.

What do you dislike?

The platform can be difficult to navigate through at first but once you get the hang of it it's a great ATS. We do notice there are bugs when the system goes through updates (which is usually once or twice a year), but they are fixed within a few days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, this is an awesome ATS.

There are some limitations to what you can do, e.g. how reports are pulled, but we've managed to find some workarounds. Having an ATS (and one that works well) is so crucial to recruiting. It keeps everyone organized and tracks everything so you have a paper trail to back you up.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Solid ATS if you have the right admin resource"

What do you like best?

iCIMS is a solid ATS with a ton of features for both connecting with candidates, recruitment workflow and pipeline management, and onboarding. It is extremely customizable allowing you to create different access for different users, custom fields, custom forms, custom integration with other 3rd parties (e.g. HRIS, background screen providers, employment screening assessments). However, the system can be somewhat complex and there are some limitations based on the way it is configured on the backend. There is solid reporting and metrics that can be pulled as well.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned, there is a level of complexity for the platform and training that is needed to fully understand the tool and all its capabilities. It can be cumbersome for some hiring managers that aren’t tech savvy. However, they have an awesome help desk line that can provide all the guidance you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used several different products (jobvite, taleo, maxhire, ADP). Of all the ones I've been exposed to, iCIMS is one of the top. It also allows access for staffing vendors (e.g. onsite contingency staffing partners) which is great.

We didn’t have a true ATS prior to iCIMS which we implemented a couple years ago. We used it initially to streamline our process and create a standardized process for recruitment. Since then we have used the metrics and reporting tools to allow us to gain insights in to performance and recruitment bottlenecks, as well as create tighter alignment with finance for budgeting alignment purposes. We continue to look at refining the processes we have to create high levels of automation and data tracking.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Enjoying iCIMS! "

What do you like best?

The ability to do several things at one time is probably what I enjoy the most about iCIMS. I am able to send "screened out" letters to all unsuccessful applicants with one click. The option to add variables in the emails are very helpful. It allows the emails to be personalized as it customizes the job title and job location applied for and the candidates name.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how we have to go to the candidate's "Person Profile" to access additional documents such as cover letters and candidate questionnaires.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great applicant tracking system. Contains all of the features that we were looking for! I highly recommend!

We are figuring out where it is the best to post jobs on based on where we are getting most of our applicants from. Also, we are able to allow a select amount of people access the resumes and cover letters. We are also saving time on tedious tasks because iCIMS has a lot of automatic features.

iCIMS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"iCIMS Review from a Recruiter / Administrator"

What do you like best?

I really like how we can personalize all the different steps and processes within the system.

What do you dislike?

I would like some more guidance and support on best practices on how to set up our system. There are so many options it can be quite cumbersome. We roll out things to the field and then learn there is more to it and then the field gets so many updates from us it feels like our system is never at a point of just functioning so we can do our jobs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest recommendation I have for new customers is to first understand all the different product lines iCIMS offers. You'd think if you bought the Recruit program - then you could source from you candidates but that is a different product line. You need to understand what you need then buy the correct product lines.

The other recommendation is to request a dedicated Account Manager to support you on building out your system the best you can before launching it. We rolled out an off the shelf program and going back to create all our work flows and educate the field is a big challenge.

The ease of use and flow of the process is really smooth once you have the right programs and the right workflow built out.

The largest business problem is rolling out a brand new recruiting function within our organization. With the ATS we also have a centralized staffing team to support certain levels of the positions.

However we do expect the field to manage their own recruiting. So, teaching the field how to use the system and follow the correct recruiting process is our biggest challenge.

For those in the field that embrace the process they have seen a big positive impact on their ability to fill their vacancies. I have seen a couple buildings take their # of openings down from 15 to 2-3 openings.

iCIMS review by Chase B.
Chase B.

"Recruit has been a good product"

What do you like best?

The features that I like about recruit the best would be:

* The workflow is very customizable

* Email individuals at each status

* Approval paths for offers and jobs are great

* Dashboards are very customizable

What do you dislike?

The features that I dis-like about recruit are:

* iCIMS is built based on template so configure the system as far as branding goes is nearly impossible

* Admin access is very limited in what we can do

* Have to call the help desk multiple times a day to get any little change done

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations would be is if your a small company and don't want to have much configuration and don't have a sales group then this would be the product for you. It not as customizable as we would like and everything we ask for takes a while to implement.

The business problems we are solving is:

* being able to report on how recruiters are doing

* being able to have approval paths on job req's and offer letters

* streamlining the process to make it easier for candidates

iCIMS review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"A solid CRM"

What do you like best?

The software is trustworthy and reliable. iCims won't let you down. It is a professional piece of software that is also easy to learn and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The UI is ugly, even when you click on both colour schemes. I spend a lot of my day looking at it, however it is not too pleasant to look at. The quality of software has increased so much recently and people are used to perfected and pretty design - there is no excuse for it to look like its from 2005.

Competitors avature and bullhorn are prettier I know they are built on javascript which offer a wider range of aesthetic features. The steps are often clunky, slow and time-consuming, when every minute counts it is a drain on resources when it takes 3 minutes to input a new candidate. I'm not sure why you have to load a new page at every step, on other CRM's you can do it all on the same page without reloading it and using up time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We solved the problem of tracking candidates and having all of our information in one place. Now everyone can go to iCims to see the latest information this helps if someone is away on vacation or if they are ill - it is easy to pick up from where they left off. There is also good features on confidentiality so only certainly people can see particular roles/candidates.

iCIMS review by Agency in Government Administration
Agency in Government Administration

"Simple, effective way to post, track and maintain information"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, if Find candidates is important to your organization ICIMS is great for you. In addition to screening, and hire the best candidates more efficiently with a powerful applicant tracking system that's built to fit your needs.

What do you dislike?

Cost – we are a grand funded Federal program and budget needs to be managed; implementation was time consuming due to firewalls with our system is not as simple to use and requires several levels of approval. Value for private sector is incredible; we did not have the opportunity to experience all the available features and robust capability of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to hire the right person for position, writing a great ad, posting, attracting the right person is imperative; ability to track and approach your potential employee it is the utmost when it comes to relationship building; even if you do not hire the candidate you need to maintain positive feedback and create great report for your organization.

Store and track all of your recruiting information in one location

iCIMS review by Joanne M.
Joanne M.

"Workflow customization made simple!"

What do you like best?

As a newer recruiting team we were just defining and tweaking our workflows when we implemented iCIMS. Once we had each step of the workflow defined, it was so easy to go back in to tweak or add fields if we needed additional information!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that we dislike is that sometimes emails sent from iCIMS to candidates (forwarding iForms for the candidates to complete, for example) sometimes get stuck in their "Junk Mail" folders because of the sending email address format (series of letters and numbers) that does not resemble our corporate email address at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you will love it!

We feel that we are much more organized and workflows and candidates no longer slip through the cracks. We are gaining efficiency in our processes, and that is so valuable! In addition, Social Distribution of our open positions and use of iCIMS by our Hiring Managers has increased both external and internal communication and partnership.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"My expericence is somewhat below average."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I have the option to look up anything in the right hand corner with easy access. I can find any candidate without the hassle of going into the requisition.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how much detail needs to be completed but no fields are marked as required. With integrations we have to have every field filled out and edit fields in order to make a successful integration and it is very manual for the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of open communication is necessary with the iCIMS team. You must be willing to put in just as much work as the system in order for it to be successful and useful.

We are getting candidates into the system and sending them paperwork. It is nice when the candidate fills everything out and we have access to the papers in a somewhat orderly fashion. I like that all paperwork will go into each person the same way and same order as long as we enter them in the correct way.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"2016 Review"

What do you like best?

I like how customizable iCIMS is, there aren't many restrictions on what can do. This makes it extremely easy to make the system work for your business. I also really love their help desk and the training they offer. Every single person I have spoken with at the help desk has been extremely helpful and friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike icims for the same reason that I like them. It is SO customizable that sometimes it is somewhat overwhelming. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out how to make the changes on your own without calling the help desk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use forced workflow statuses. Some of our generalists were forgetting to put candidates into the interview workflow so when we went to report on the data it looked like we interviewed a lot fewer candidates than we really had. We now require candidates to be placed in that status prior to offering them a job

iCIMS has completely transformed the way that we recruit and onboard candidates. It has been most effective in helping us track and remember candidates that may have applied before. The reporting features have also helped us track so much information that would have been previously lost or simply not recorded.

iCIMS review by Valerie P.
Valerie P.

"Advantages and Disadvantages of iCIMS Recruit"

What do you like best?

The system offers a wealth of reporting options with insight into candidates, recruiters, workflows, sources, tasks, and more. These are very helpful to us as a federal contractor with specific reporting requirements.

What do you dislike?

We were not able to customize our processes as we wanted. It would be beneficial to offer more "if, then" configurations. Also, our job postings are not being cross-posted to job boards such as Indeed, as promised. We have experienced a significant decrease in applications since using iCIMS Recruit.

The iCIMS Recruit dashboard helps our hiring managers quickly determine their candidates' current statuses and makes it much easier for them to stay on top of the recruitment process.

iCIMS review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Glad we chose iCIMS overall"

What do you like best?

I like that they seem innovative, that they don't nickel and dime, that they have frequent updates, that you usually don't wait on hold for long when you need assistance, that my agency vendors always give good feedback and I get infrequent complaints from managers who use the system. They system never goes down and is always fast.

What do you dislike?

There are a few idiosyncrasies that are bothersome about the system but some of those have been addressed in the 2 1/2 years I have used it. I have consistent issues with iforms and have in the past had to have multiple calls with different people to correct some of the most indepth of my issues.

By using iCIMS, I have helped bring my technology company into the 21st century. We were using email and excel spreadsheets to keep track of applicants before I got iCIMS. This tool is powerful with a powerful search function within the applicant data and also mobile enabled which is a must-have for a company trying to tout itself as "innovative".

iCIMS review by User in Computer Software

"It could be so much better"

What do you like best?

The iPad application to collect potential applicants names and emails at events. You can have them self-select the talent group they are interested in like marketing or engineering and then send out mass follow up emails.

What do you dislike?

The applicant experience requires users to create a profile and login which a lot of ATS's have gotten rid of so they are behind the curve. The recruiter workflow is super slow and cumbersome. You have to refresh the page or go back to the homepage every time you move a candidate(s) to a different status. The reporting functionality is not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you think it may work for your organization, be careful of signing a multi-year contract just in case

We have only been able to use the bare bones of the system to collect applicants and move them through the process. We wanted to integrate with other systems and get better reporting functionality but were unable to do so during our three year contract.

iCIMS review by Catherine E. A.
Catherine E. A.

"iCIMS - Innovative, Responsive, and Overall Excellent!"

What do you like best?

I like the user-friendly platform of iCIMS. The workflows are self-explanatory and extensive, allowing us to accurately track candidates' progress throughout our hiring process.

What do you dislike?

Whenever we attempt to set up reports or send emails that use active variables, the categories and item names are not as clear as I would like them to be. It can get confusing at times when trying to select the correct variable and you are unsure of what category it falls under and what the item actual is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend iCIMS for companies and/or individuals who are looking to switch to an ATS that is both reliable and innovative. iCIMS helped our company make the move from recruiting active candidates that may or may not stumble across our website, to becoming an actively engaged company that shares its openings on social media, attracts those passive candidates, and improve our overall hiring 'brand.'

One problem we had was not having a timely way to report candidate data for various reporting requirements. With iCIMS, we're able to track all sorts of relevant data and do so in a very timely manner. Another problem that iCIMS has helped us solve was extending our reach to relevant applicant markets. Our talent portal on our website has been vastly improved and candidates are able to connect with us through social media even if they are not yet ready to make a move.

The list of benefits that we've realized through iCIMS is comprehensive, but I believe the single best benefit is having a tool that enables our internal recruiting team to better perform our jobs while increasing our ability to attract qualified talent and manage our recruiting workflows.

iCIMS review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"iCIMS Should Be on Every Company's Short-list"

What do you like best?

- Very user customizable

- Should not need a dedicated administrator resource

- You dictate your hiring workflow, not the system making you use their process

- Nice user interface, easy navigation

- Customer support is excellent and you often get a human after a brief wait

- Great pre-screener module with ability to rank response answers

- New releases quarterly and fairly seamless

- Great reporting module

What do you dislike?

- Duplicate checking good but can use some work

- With the last release, I lost the ability to send pre-screen questions out after someone applies, this was a great benefit and now very frustrating that it's gone.

- I'm stuck with some add-on modules I don't love, be careful, you are locked in for the term of your contract. I hindsight I should have asked for an out on a couple of these before committing to 3 years

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the add-ons first like Social, Connect before committing for the length of the contract

- High volume pre-screening

- Candidate management through to new hire and onboarding

- Using iCIMS database of past candidates to source

- Job req management

- EEO/OFCCP/AAP annual reporting

- Jobs section of career site and jobs DB searching

"Recruitment Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of switching between job posting profiles and applicant profiles. The ability to create notes, upload documents, and customize the reports pulled.

What do you dislike?

The immense range of options for data gathering was intimidating at first before fully understanding how to harness data and create reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to allow enough training and tutorial time to really truly understand the depth and abilities of iCIMS as well as the reports/data side. This is a wonderful tool not only in storing your applicants but seeing where they are coming from and for tracking their on-boarding experience.

I am a recruiter for an organization in the healthcare field and we will see dips in our applications so it is wonderful to see applicant history and interest to be able to reach out to individuals and let them know of new job opportunities they may be interested in.

iCIMS review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Lacks Global Expertise and Robust Social Recruiting Features "

What do you like best?

Easy access to candidate resumes and bulk printing.

Detailed and great customization in reporting features.

What do you dislike?

Their site was down a couple of times this past year due to their data center going down. We were not able to access the platform; shutting down our candidate and applicant tracking experience. iCIMS did not notify us right away of the downtime and once communicated they provided incorrect wait times. They sent us cookies in the mail as a formal apology but no reimbursement for the time and resources spent to come up with a workaround during the downtime.

The Outlook Integration does not include an option to include your work email address when sending communication to internal and external email addresses. iCIMS provides a different email address from your organization, which populates in a junk mail folder. This includes the calendar invites, job and offer approvals that you send to senior leadership.

The LinkedIn social distribution feature provides no return. iCIMS does not have a preferred relationship with LinkedIn, so your job do not automatically appear at the top of their search tools. Your organization will still need to purchase LinkedIn Job Slots or LinkedIn postings. The Facebook social distribution only allows 1 Administrator on your company Facebook account which is difficult with a global recruitment team. We have never received any results from their social distribution tools and received different feedback.

Our organization abides by the EU data privacy regulations. We had to re-configure search locks for our US and EU recruiters as confidential information was view-able anytime a system upgrade, enhancement and change occurred. When we forwarded screen shots to Technical Support our Account Manager blamed us for contacting Technical Support. I received an apology from the Account Manager's supervisor; however, it showed how iCIMS is not well versed in global data compliance and does not appreciate our business partnership.. We were also told that the search locks were set up incorrectly or they did not see an issue.

Any customization comes with a cost, including customized iFORMS for offers, specific EEO and Affirmative Action language.

Any open API integration comes with a cost.

The Connect Platform does not allow you to add alerts. If you are prospecting from the platform you do not have the ability to receive an automatic notification to follow up.

Within the Recruit Platform there are no controls set up between statuses. You need to customize each area, which is cumbersome when you have limited staffing resources.

The applicant tracking portals have a dated user interface experience for candidates and hiring managers. You can not customize the fonts within the job postings to reflect your company's style guidelines or change the heading language on the job posting to reflect your businesses language. It's very old school with the "Overview", "Responsibilities" and "Qualifications" categories. They do have other font options, but not modern. When we were asked to be on a customer team to share input into their product roadmap, no follow up was provided in signing up.

You can expect wait times up to 30 minutes in connecting with Technical Support. Product enhancements seem to be moving faster than the training provided to their Technical Support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend. Jobvite, Taleo provides a better customer experience.

iCIMS has not supported our organization in solving recruitment issues. Unfortunately, it has created them. To keep up with the talent shortage, we have heavily used our own networking through LinkedIn and Glassdoor and other vendor relationships to close the gap. With the issues we experienced, we received a 5% increase in our renewal.

iCIMS review by Misty G.
Misty G.

"Loving iCIMS"

What do you like best?

I love the constant improvements and updates- they're always working towards a better product.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while, we'll get a glitch in the system. It's usually hard to explain what's going on so it's not easy to fix/troubleshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great! It might take a while to implement and customize, but it's so worth it when it's up and running.

The system is helping us (my team in Recruiting along with our HR team) go paperless and automate many different processes. The application process is much more user friendly- plus I like that candidates can login and see if they're being considered.

iCIMS review by David E.
David E.

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

It has really great reporting features, its really easy to configure and the helpdesk is mostly top notch. Now it has scheduled reports which let me do extra fun things with the data.

Also, we can make custom dashboards for our hiring managers or executives. That's really great.

What do you dislike?

I don't like some of the 'partners' of icims. I hate jobTarget, but I like the idea of the oneclick job postings. I just wish they had a partner that could execute better.

I also don't like that you can't work directly with their API unless you are willing to pay an integration fee. It would be so much more versatile, in my opinion, if they had a public API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to use and implement, but don't sign up for more modules than you absolutely need at the time. You may think you need Connect and a bunch of custom iforms, but if you don't know what they are exactly at the time of signing, just wait and add them later. You'll still save money.

We solved the automation of onboarding for one. We wasted a ton of time with per person welcomes and orientations just to watch people fill out some forms. Now they do it all online, so when they arrive their first day, we can get straight to welcoming the new employees. It also allows us to search for candidates in our system and find candidates we want to encourage to apply for certain positions.

iCIMS review by Chip S.
Chip S.

"Higher Productivity with iCIMS Recruit"

What do you like best?

iCIMS Recruit is a full featured talent management platform that is highly configurable to meet our specific needs. iCIMS also partners with third party providers to extend the capabilities of their platform. The committment to continuous innovation that iCIMS is dedicated to helps to keep the platform current with today's recruiting trends.

What do you dislike?

I have not found too much that I dislike about iCIMS. Learning the reporting tool has proven to be a challenge at times. However, iCIMS support is great about helping us work through any difficulties pulling the information together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As you evaluate features and functions of all the talent management platforms available, be sure to weigh customer support and continuous innovation heavily in the decision. iCIMS Recruit should come out on top when taking this into account.

We are trying to have a single source for managing our talent acquisition and on-boarding processes. iCIMS has made this task very easy and reduced our paperwork load as well as our time to hire across the board.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"iCIMS Recruit is easy for recruits & managers with great social features, training & tech support! "

What do you like best?

The system is intuitive, depending on how you build your portals and workflow steps - you can provide literal step by step guidance to recruits and to hiring managers - making it easier for them.

The social media capabilities for recruiting, job sharing and branding are huge benefits.

The customization available within our portals, workflows, communication tools/templates and onboarding platforms was a huge factor in our selection of iCIMS.

The ease of use regarding not having to do full login for managers to review jobs/approve jobs etc. was huge due to their time/travel demands and as the HR team is supporting a decentralized hiring structure across the US.

The variety of integrations possible with other vendors (background/drug, HRIS systems etc.) as well as the well planned process/experience of accomplishing the integrations is another example of the excellent customer care provided.

What do you dislike?

When and if there are issues with an integration, the ticketing system doesn't allow me to copy anyone outside of my company and it can make sharing information between the two groups who support the tech behind the integration very taxing. There should be an ability to provide a list of "authorized parties" that we can control and update the contact information for (should they periodically change) and that list of persons and their email addresses should be available to us to add to tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get references from companies that are clients that are of similar size to your organization and utilizing the same features you're considering using. You can get great insights from them about why they like the product and ask questions of persons directly processing within the platform each day.

Multiple. Greater volume of well suited applicants, better user experience for candidates and hiring managers, research/reporting (we've only just started use of iCIMS but as our data grows we'll have great ability to research/gain insights into trends.

iCIMS review by William M.
William M.

"Meeting Our Expectations Everyday"

What do you like best?

Fully integrated suite of Talent Acquisition products; from sourcing through on-boarding. First class dedicated consulting-like implementation throughout the entire process. This is particularly important in our situation because we had to ATS to migrate from. All process and workflows had to be established at the time of implementation and at no time did I feel our iCIMS team diverted their attention to other clients; even after the fact they made themselves available for assistance.

What do you dislike?

Integration with channel-partners was somewhat oversold when the reality is, new integration needed to be created for our specific workflow. Perhaps better qualifying during the "sales" process to ensure we prepurchased the necessary forms and portals the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in the sandbox. It is the easiest ATS implementation I have ever experienced and our included on boarding.

We needed to bring speed to market, documented process, compliance and metrics to our talent department by introducing ATS technology and controls with a vendor whose roots are in high-volume staffing. iCIMS has achieved their brand promise. Recruiting is now a differentiator within our organization and a destination work place for entry-level recruiters. Overall, we have met our brand promise to deliver the best talent, faster than our competitors, to execute our sales and marketing solutions.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great ATS - easy to use! "

What do you like best?

I love that you can customize the system to best meet your needs. I like the fact that you can see all candidates in a job and where in the process they are on a single screen. Our team only has a few of the steps set as required so Recruiters are able to tailor the process to their specific needs. The updates iCIMS pushes out continues to drive the system forward and create a more user-friendly environment.

The reporting in the system is easily set up. It is difficult when you first look at it, but once you understand where things are in the system, it becomes easier to find and edit reports.

What do you dislike?

When we first implemented iCIMS, we did it at a time that was right before a large update of the system. I trained our Recruiters on the system and then had to re-train them on the update only a few weeks later and it was an update that overhauled a lot of the look/feel of the original system. iCIMS has worked on resolving issues like this because they now release smaller updates which affect only certain areas of the system versus larger whole system updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time during implementation to really think through your recruiting process. Be open to analyzing what you current do and how switching up the process could affect your process for the better.

Don't get bogged down by the Bins/Statuses. When I first saw all of the options, I knew the Recruiters on my team wouldn't utilize 75% of them so I chose to hide them and not utilize them. Find a process that works for you in all situations.

We have been able to find ways to track all pipeline, referral, and intern candidates in the system. Instead of tracking everything manually in email or in various spreadsheets, every candidates comes through and is entered in the system to be tracked. This allows all of our Recruiters to find candidates regardless of if they are in the office or working remotely.

iCIMS review by Administrator

"Expectations not met for our unique situation."

What do you like best?

Straight forward platform, relatively easy to use. Robust reporting.

What do you dislike?

There were a number of things that were uncovered during our integration process that iCIMS should have known would be issues for us. Things like how the integrations would work with the various vendors we use. We are still uncovering minor issues as we enter into our second year with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you ask every possible question and every scenario that could present itself with your integrations.

This is your standard ATS and it helps us manager our requisitions and application pool efficiently.

iCIMS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"iCIMS Recruit - Used for Sourcing Candidates"

What do you like best?

Overall the platform has a great user experience. As the manager of a sourcing team, I appreciate the ease at which my team members can disposition candidates and tag them for the recruiting team. Additionally - their ability to search candidates in and outside of requisitions and talent pools is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish that some of the filtering options were more user friendly - it can take quite a few episodes of trial and error to truly identify the group you are hoping to reach.

We are solving the issue of identifying and hiring quality candidates, and not utilizing resources for high quantity, candidates who don't meet the minimum requirements. With some of the qualifying questions and the ability to search and sort candidates, we have been able to achieve this.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Only For Larger Companies Now"

What do you like best?

The mobile feature is the most promising. Unfortunately we now have to migrate to their larger platform in order to continue using this feature so it can no longer be used by our Hiring Managers in the field

What do you dislike?

Honestly - pretty much everything at this point

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is clear that iCIMS wants to focus on the Enterprise (larger customers). Not only have are they forcing smaller organizations to a larger platform, but we and many of our federal contractor peers are receiving renewal quotes of over 500% increases. It is clear we are being forced out

None at this time. It is so antiquated and not useful to the point that we have started using an EXCEL spreadsheet so we can at least take over clean and accurate data to our new ATS

iCIMS review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use applicant tracking software with full onboarding tools suite and friendly API"

What do you like best?

I think the ability to connect other systems into iCIMS using their API is a huge benefit. There is rarely a one size fits all SAS solution, and iCIMS curbs this by making their robust API available to users to import and extract data from their platforms,

What do you dislike?

There were certain actions we could not take via the API, like the ability to disassociate people from workflows (this was at the time iCIMS 14 was around).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend also looking at their Onboarding software.

Being able to consolidate our many disparate business systems into a centralized location for users to be able to create job requisitions and recruit talent was our business problem we aimed to solve. We realized that with iCIMS there was so much more to just a system to recruit. There is also the social distribution tool that is a huge benefit when trying to recruit talent.

iCIMS review by User in Information Technology and Services

"ICIMS, easy and efficient"

What do you like best?

I have used multiple other systems like workday and Taleo and ICIMS is by far my favorite the customer service is great as well and it is a LARGE system that can handle almost anything you need or change things around if you want them to be different

What do you dislike?

Nothing, as a recruiter I really enjoy the functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it if you can afford it!

it tracks all our candidates in each stage of the process, allows us to store documents, send out onboarding emails , offer letters..the list goes on!

iCIMS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"User friendly and the best help desk I have ever had the pleasure of working with! "

What do you like best?

I love the help desk. I will say it over and over again a million times. I have never had a bad experience working with the iCims help desk. They are not only a pleasure to speak to they are knowledgeable! The system is pretty user friendly once you get the the reason behind the workings of the system. (HIGHLY recommend taking the Fast Track Course)

What do you dislike?

The only thing I think I could even complain about in iCims is how difficult it is to get into the Fast Track Course. It is a VERY resourceful program and very worth the time. Every company should look into taking this free course!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can shop around and see great features in other ATS but you wont find them all in one with great customer service like you will find in iCims. Seriously take a moment to call the help desk or call a user that has been with iCims for a bit and you will hear the answers you need.

Streamlining processes and inter-company communication for our candidates and where they are in the interview/hiring process. By using iCims our company has found a simple way to record all the progress of each candidate from application to hired and all paperwork in one program. Huge time saver and stress relief. Not to mention it also keeps us compliant to all HR Standards!

iCIMS review by Bonnie Chau R.
Bonnie Chau R.

"iCIMS: Great Product to Consider!"

What do you like best?

Before we had iCIMS, the recruitment process was very manual and a ATS system did not exist. It was hard to track metrics when you have emails chains all over the place between managers and the team. With iCIMS, all the information is in one location. We're able to review different metrics to help us improve our process overall. Love the searching and reporting tools provided!

The system is easy to use once you have basics down and it's pretty flexible to customize.

What do you dislike?

The lack of time I have to go through many of the searching and reporting tools that's provided. With any ATS, you'll have your limitations because everyone's process is different. Overall it's a great product.

Improvement on the overall recruitment process by reviewing metrics and streamlining things for Managers as much as possible. Every second counts in our world, so we maximize the time when we can.

iCIMS review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Great recruiting software."

What do you like best?

Search features, ease of use, layout is nice. Easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Too detailed in some aspects. There are too many satuses to pick from and they can muddy your data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be confusing at times, but with the right training it is an amazing product that will help you immensely with your staffing needs.

Sourcing past applicants, outreach to applicants, driving overtime down efficiently, streamlined hiring process.

iCIMS review by Dori S.
Dori S.

"iCIMS Recruit"

What do you like best?

The system is incredibly intuitive and easy to use and configure. I love being able to schedule and do offers directly from the ATS and have it integrated with our company calendar.

What do you dislike?

I'm a recruiter; too many clicks for certain things but that's the case with any ATS!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of your implementation person. Matt Girard was amazing and we did our implementation in record time!

iCIMS Recruit has given us the ability to streamline the offer process and improve candidate care.

iCIMS review by Lily M.
Lily M.

"We love iCims!"

What do you like best?

I was responsible for the search and selection that ultimately resulted in bringing on iCIMS as our ATS. The implementation process was a breeze and working with the iCIMS team post implementation has been a great experience. We really view them as a partner and not just a vendor. They have helped guide us through how to best utilize the system and we have both learned from each other.

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any issues with iCIMS as of yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their staff is awesome. Engage with them during the search and selection process. Ask questions that you don't think they can answer and they will likely surprise you!

Integrating our campus and experienced hire recruiting was a big thing for us as well as streamlining reports. The flexible workflows allowed for a more simple crossover between the types of recruiting and their search tool has allowed us to gather data insights we did not previously have access to. The open API has also been a huge benefit in connecting with our home grow campus recruiting application.

"Great Recruitment Tool"

What do you like best?

ability to manage candidates, leave notes, track the source, move the candidates through the hiring track, ability to search the database, ability to use other job boards in conjunction with icims to increase candidate pool

What do you dislike?

It was difficult to transition to this applicant tracking system at first. The trainings offered certainly helped, however, it took a bit to be able to utilize it more efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the offered trainings on the website, follow along as you go to get acclimated, ask questions, practice, and efficiency will come.

case management recruitment ; case management is a very niche market and I've definitely realized that utilizing the database is a great tool to be able to find more specialized candidates in addition to other job boards.

iCIMS review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Multi-outlet High Volume Hiring"

What do you like best?

The UI/UX is easy and fairly simple. iCIMS has also spent time redesigning it and working towards efficiencies to reduce the amount of admin work involved for recruiters and talent teams.

What do you dislike?

Time zones and scheduling, we have complex needs and we are still have issue with time zones even after the most recent update for properties in Mountain. We also have trouble inviting candidates from different requisitions to the same meeting options.

Streamlined application workflow, online iForms, and time to fill. We realized that while iCIMS may not be perfect (yet) it is a great product overall and for many companies works perfectly. As with any good, solid SAaS product it is your process and configuration that makes or breaks it.

iCIMS review by Emory W.
Emory W.

"iCims recruit is a beneficial product with loads of room for tailoring to business needs."

What do you like best?

I like the newly added functionality for my company allowing me to search for candidates by name, instead of only seeing those on my reqs. Integration of background check is useful.

What do you dislike?

Lack of training on how to use some of the new features, such as the open hours. It's not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you can have someone who will interface with the company and tailor it to your needs. Impossible to do, depending on your size, and do the recruiting and hiring.

N/A

iCIMS review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Standardized recruiting platform- outdated feel"

What do you like best?

It is very standardized in that it has the classic information fill-in and is very formulaic and clear cut.

What do you dislike?

It does not have flexible communication between the applicants and the corporation; communication is very one sided for the applicant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How interactive would you like to be with your applicant pool, how reliant will you need to be on this platform?

Trying to find appropriate staffing for our company- in order to reach out to the potential recruit with next steps we must take communication outside of the platform .

iCIMS review by Taryn G.
Taryn G.

"Highly recommended, iCIMS is by far the best recruiting database I have used to date! "

What do you like best?

I like that all of my information is in a central location. My team is able to see the documentation need/completed by each candidate. I am able to tailor the sites to my company's' needs.

What do you dislike?

There is honest nothing I dislike about iCIMS. The one complaint I had was the scheduler, before the update it was not compatible with Outlook. The new update now has this feature being compatible with Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having a training specialist from iCIMS conduct an on-site training course.

Our business margin has increase. My team has built a pipelines of candidates found on job boards and also from employee referrals. We are able to act fast when a new position is funded and available for staffing.

The benefits are being able to act fast, a better filing system, and an easier on boarding process.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Human Resources
Administrator in Human Resources

"Limited at this time, but looking to expand our knowledge of the features. "

What do you like best?

I have found that customer service is excellent. They seem patient and can help with functionality questions very quickly. I was very surprised at their efficiency, which most recently, has been a big help.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is nothing that we dislike. We actually as a team need to do a better job to learn all of the functionality, so the product can be as useful as possible. We look to address this issue over the coming months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would stress the importance of using the product regularly and taking the time to learn all of he functionality. It's a great product, but a lot can be left on the table if you don't take the time to learn it's capabilities.

At this time, we are solving staffing issues. Maybe in the future, we'll add some of the on-boarding tools and have our team become more savvy in that regard.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent ATS System"

What do you like best?

iCIMS is highly configurable and has a superb reporting function. System navigation is intuitive and iCIMS as a whole is supported by an extremely helpful iCARE Customer Support

What do you dislike?

The occasional outages can be a little frustrating; although the communication between ATS and client during these times is super. If we can take configurability in system and reporting just up a notch, it would be even better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iCIMS is a superb ATS that offers a lot of flexibility and configurability. This is a dream for Admins to go in and mold the system to match the business processes. Reporting also has a lot to offer and I hope it continues to grow.

Prior to iCIMS, we struggled with keeping track of our applicants. This ATS was the solution. It allowed us to make our process easier and opened up new possibilities in terms of recruiting and reporting.

iCIMS review by Ashleigh S.
Ashleigh S.

"Icims Review "

What do you like best?

I like that I can customize my jobs and how I can move my candidates through the interview process. I also like the reporting feature which ensures I am recruiting at the proper pace

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a little easier to see all my candidates under each role. Also, I like to keep things minimal so once I am done with a candidate, I wish they would fall off the job so I didn't have to keep seeing them

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is easy to use and helps in tracking your candidates

It is helping in tracking where my candidates are and that I am staying in contact with them.

iCIMS review by Dhananjay V.
Dhananjay V.

"Does the job but could stand to improve the UI"

What do you like best?

The interface is extremely customizable. Its easy to add/modify/remove almost any aspect of the system.

What do you dislike?

Extremely clunky. Difficult to navigate to anything without a dozen clicks. Even something as simple as filtering jobs can be a bit cumbersome. (The job list is made out of expandable tables which collapse every time you filter, forcing you to expand them once more) In general, compared to many other modern systems, the ui seems rather dated.

The largest problem solved by this tool over our previous ATS was the online portal portion. Nothing to write home about but a necessary component for any modern ATS.

iCIMS review by Shequoia R.
Shequoia R.

"iCIMS Recruit"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of all it has to offer, what I like best about iCIMS Recruit is that, it is very user friendly, everything is right there in front of you, and you can customize to your likings,

What do you dislike?

There is so much to iCIMS that it can be a little overwhelming to newer users, so just getting used to its features and benefits takes some time. Other than that, there isn't much that I dislike.

It helps us solve our marketing problems, as far as which ones to continue to keep using and which ones not to. It makes the recruiting process a lot easier, all candidates are right in front of you.

iCIMS review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"iCIMS offers powerful Talent Acquisition functionality"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive suite of functionality around talent acquisition, High degree of customization available to suit your company's needs and processes. Responsive customer service and good overall client services. Low cost, good value. Powerful reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Email integration (although this is being upgraded in their August 2015 point release, so we will see if it improves), automatic skills creation (basically it just grabs words from the candidate's resume, which may have nothing to do with the candidate's actual skills), reporting (yes, I have this listed as something I like as well as dislike ...it is not easy for a user with average technical skills to create a report).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the work up front to fully know what you need and expect strategically and functionally. Implementation (in late 2013/early 2014) was challenging, requiring a lot of over-site and project management on our part. Because of the proper project management attention on our end and the willingness of the iCIMS implementation team to react to our demands (during the holiday season, no less), we were able to experience a successful implementation.

Sorting through a high volume of candidates and rating the quality of these candidates. Tracking the status of candidates throughout the process. Communicating and tracking communication with hiring managers.

"ICIMS ATS works great!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see new applicants and jobs at-a-glance.

Having automated tools to contact applicants and hiring supervisors.

Categorizing applicants with the click of a button.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to create phone screens and references that are imbedded within the applicant's profile so I don't have to attach these from separate documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ICIMS is a great tool for recruiting and managing applicants and also for compliance with AA and EEOC.

It is easier to become compliant with our AA and EEO requirements - no more manual processes.

It is easier to share information among coworkers in HR.

It makes it easier for applicants to apply to multiple job openings

iCIMS review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Best in breed for a company like ours"

What do you like best?

The iCIMS Recruit platform is well-suited to a small-mid sized firm like ours. Functionality is robust and the platform is easy to use. There is easy access to user training and continuous improvements. Most of all, the customer service is top-notch. Response times exceed my expectations regularly and the the responders are knowledgeable and genuinely motivated to help.

What do you dislike?

The reporting capability, while extensive, is not as intuitive as would be ideal. There is training available, but it is an art to be mastered. I believe it is coming as part of future iterations, but at this point does not fully integrate with Outlook, which can be a mild nuisance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fine system, most ideal for mid-sized and large companies, but solid for smaller firms as well, with great scalability during growth.

I am very pleased with iCIMS Recruit - we have been able to better track candidates through our process, search effectively within our own database of candidates, and report accurately on trends. It is an excellent ATS.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Recruitment: Applicant tracking Platform"

What do you like best?

The statistics and information we are able to pull for each position posted is valuable and real information we can supply back to our clientele and executives when needed.

The ease of sorting applicants via screening questions is one tool we frequently depend on as well.

What do you dislike?

The file sizes we are allowed to upload at one time is limited to 5MB per upload. This has been frustrating having to split documents or reduce the scanning quality of the documents in order to fit the 5MB limit. This has decreased our efficiency on our administrative duties and caused for delays in keeping our iCIMS profiles up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iCIMS is only as good as the amount of information and updates put in by the users and administrators. If there is no upkeep to updating profiles when new information comes in, iCIMS will not be the best tool for reference.

We have been able to better predict the responses of the geographical areas and types of positions we try to attract base on statistical data and our database of candidates.

"iCIMS review"

What do you like best?

I like that iCIMS has integrated our multiple systems into a one-stop program, allowing us to free up time for other things. This helps our entire team in different location have the ability to recruit appropriately without having to search through multiple locations for an answer on one applicant. Even after we recruit an employee we are able to continue to use iCIMS for promotions and internal tracking.

What do you dislike?

There are times when if there is an upgrade in the software that has caused integration issues in the past, and it becomes hard to diagnose. Under these circumstances, not having complete visibility to the issue limits the ability to solve issues. This can prolong the outages for an entire market and can be frustrating when it happens during a busy season.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see an integration on a do not hire listing.

We are solving the over abundance of paperwork that use to be needed. We can easily upgrade task and paperwork needed, based on legislation to limit liability issues. We have also found that iCIMS allows us to integrate and automate reports and systematic tracking that use to require manual hand-key of an employee.

iCIMS review by Juliana D.
Juliana D.

"Excellent customer service and implementation process"

What do you like best?

I am extremely happy with the implementation process, how much you can make iCIMS be fit to your needs, as well as with how organized my POC Andrea Ramey is.

What do you dislike?

I wish the platform was a bit "prettier" easier on the eye, but this is very minimal. I also hoped for video interview to be included instead of paying an additional monthly fee for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you're looking for so at the time of implementation things go smoother for you and your end result will be just what you're looking for.

Faster posting open requisitions and staying organized.

iCIMS review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"They thought of everything!"

What do you like best?

The platform is extremely user friendly and easy. There are so many great features: scheduling tool, direct email, different filters and folders, quick search.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I haven't liked yet. It would be cool to ultimately have texting integrated, but that may come later.

We transitioned from another ATS system. Our previous system was broken and their model was not evolving for the needs of the current recruiting market. We have been able to integrate our system (interview notes, documents, etc) all electronically, start scheduling online and SO much more!

iCIMS review by User

"Icims user"

What do you like best?

We like that it is mobile friendly for candidates. It is also highly customizable. It’s easy to pick up for our hiring managers as well.

What do you dislike?

Icims requires Too many clicks and pop ups to get things done. The pop ups take up a full screen. It feels very clunky. The integration with outlook is unreliable. It is not mobile friendly at all.

It’s our ats.

Benefits are that it is mobile friendly for candidates and rather easy to configure.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"A Solid Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

I have been using ICIMS for over a year. Prior to ICIMS I used JobScience and Taleo. I like ICIMS for it's overall functionality and the more comfortable I get with the tool the more I learn all that it can do. It has tons of reporting functions and the customer service particularly when you are standing up the tool is pretty good..

What do you dislike?

I think it's ease of use could be better. The tool is not super intuitive. The good thing is they have an in house tool that will provide video and FAQ support called Knowledge base when you run into issues which is fairly often..The back of house ICIMS tool is certainly not as easy to navigate as JobScience and Taleo and its a shame because it offers a lot more in terms of functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider ICIMS if I had a tech savvy team, who was familiar with another icims tool.

We are consolidating our Talent Acquisition data into one place. Which is great because we have a centralized place for resumes, cover letter and other applicant materials and we have actionable data about where we are attracting candidates from.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"I love ICIMS - have only been using for a short while, but fun to learn it's many features"

What do you like best?

Many features and templates already built in the product and ready to use - throughout all stages of the process (recruiting, hiring, and onboarding). I just wish I had more time to explore all the options and maximize it to the fullest capabilities the system has! Anytime that we've contacted the help desk, they've always been extremely fast on their turnaround time and they always find the answers for us so we can continue operations. Everyone we've talked to and demonstrated the system to is totally on board and they can't wait to see what else we are going to do in iCIMS!

What do you dislike?

not enough time in the day to take advantage of it's full features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

at least do a free trial if available so you can view the product

total paper process is slowly turning into a much more efficient electronic process. I was able to learn enough about the system in also being new to the system so that I could then share that excitement with the teams we were rolling it out to so that they are also now on board and also getting in the system themselves to play around and get more comfortable with how to do everything. I encouraged them to not be afraid of the system, but keep playing so they also can gain a comfort level and be able to help improve efficiencies within their own jobs.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Applicant Tracking System"

What do you like best?

iCIMS is completely customizable. There are many pros but some include:

Complex reporting

Good detailed source reporting

Communicative rep and issue resolution team

Quick resolution on items

Great training options

Ease of adding new users and further customization

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like is that the look is constantly changing without input from customers and there's no opt out option for redesign. It can take some time to re-learn the changes and they aren't always intuitive or user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very worth while product.

This system allows to keep track of all of our applicants in a very management format. It assists with analytics and compliance.

iCIMS review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Flexible, complete recruiting solution with a steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

Its comprehensive and flexible. It also seems to be industry standard, we have used it and other customers I've met are also using it so there is a strong user base.

What do you dislike?

Our recruiter reported a steep learning curve for primary use. This may explain our difficult with user adoption inside our own organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get significant buy-in. I don't know if its just our industry or what, but many of our recruiters were surprisingly resistant to change in the recruiting software.

Our firm is currently experiencing a lot of growth, so we are constantly in the process of hiring. Its complicated by the niche nature of the skill set we are recruiting for. We tried ICIMS Recruit as a way to provide transparency on the pipeline and streamline the recruiter's work. It was very powerful but we struggled to fully realize the value.

iCIMS review by Krystin E.
Krystin E.

"iCIMS Recruit Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and intuitiveness of the system. I was able to navigate quickly and efficiently throughout the system.

What do you dislike?

Some of the configuration options were not easy to use. The aesthetics weren't great to tell me that they are tabs to configure. There are lots of configurations and it took a little bit to get used to.

The system is very flat in terms of integrations. Much of the logic depended on the customer rather than iCIMS having that logic in place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very intuitive product from the standpoint of usability.

Internal business practices have been made global. We are still reviewing our internal practices.

"iCIMS Recruit"

What do you like best?

Makes it easy to find good applicants for positions we are searching for. LOVE the assessments that are available.

What do you dislike?

Customer Service is pretty good but sometimes agents can give different info when calling about same issues. Need to all have the same info and give less conflicting info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure all customer service reps are on the same page and are distributing the same info. It would be great if uploading a resume was a bit easier and did not require adding the same info in that is already on the resume...basically little more intuitive.

Ease of use is OK, but definitely could use some upgrades

iCIMS review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great, Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

The help desk team! As the sole user/administrator I heavily rely on the help desk team to assist with configuration ideas. I also appreciate that all my email conversations are stored within the system. I can check my communications with hiring managers and candidates more easily,

There are very few system down times and they last a short period of time meaning my whole day isn't interrupted by it.

The search function is also pretty user friendly. I've used other ATS Search functions and not been nearly as pleased as I am with iCIMS.

What do you dislike?

That you're unable to resend an email out of the system. This should be an easy fix for them however (and hopefully you'll be able to in one of the next upgrades).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although a bit pricey for additional modules such as social media, CRM and onboarding, iCIMS provides one of the best ATS systems around. I've tried Taleo, Brass Ring, Vurv to name a few and none were as easy to learn and configured as iCIMS.

Outside of managing my applicants, I'm easily able to store and upload candidates from career fairs from my ipad. Even though we've not added the CRM piece, iCIMS still makes it easy by offering accurate resume parsing and the ability to upload multiple candidates easily through excel.

iCIMS review by Jesi P.
Jesi P.

"Easiest Applicant Tracking"

What do you like best?

iCIMS has completely streamlined our entire recruiting processes, enabling us to automate many of our operating procedures, allowing us to be more organized, efficient and interactive with our candidates.

What do you dislike?

As we have configured the system to our department's needs, there have been a few tweaks we needed adjusted. iCIMS Helpdesk has been proactive, responsive and flexible in providing the support we need, and making the system work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through the system as a Recruiter, an Administrator, a Hiring Manager, and an Applicant. Be familiar and understand what your platforms are displaying and how they function.

We are working on ensuring that every applicant receives a response to their application, regardless of the status. iCIMS makes that easy with their customization features and actions.

iCIMS review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"iCIMS is a well-rounded ATS"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize our hiring manager's view of the system, and the ease of submitting candidates through the workflow process.

What do you dislike?

I'd love the ability to be able to easily search a candidate by phone or email. The process for searching that way is very tedious currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iCIMS is the most well-rounded ATS I've had the opportunity to use. It is very user friendly and allows for a lot of customization to better meet the needs of your business.

Currently we're working on determining our best advertising and referral sources. Being able to track these easily through reports in iCIMS is a great benefit.

iCIMS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Somewhat user-friendly applicant tracking system"

What do you like best?

iCIMS organizes candidates into action-specific categories for easy tracking and follow up. The newly updated platform provides a candidate profile with important demographic and qualifying information pertaining to the position they are being considered for.

What do you dislike?

The e-mail feature is not user-friendly. Also, most e-mails sent via iCIMS are routinely coded as spam and, consequently, missed by applicants. There are also no notification options to alert the recruiter when a new applicant has applied.

Creating and advertising job requisitions on multiple job aggregating websites within one system. iCIMS allows us to create requisitions and track applicants' statuses throughout each step of the hiring process.