iContact Pro

Email automation doesn’t have to be complicated. iContact Pro helps everyday marketers work smarter with integrated platform tools, such as email marketing, workflows, landing pages, social media management, lead scoring, behavioral tracking, and analytics.

Work for iContact Pro?

Learning about iContact Pro?

iContact Pro Reviews

Ask iContact Pro a Question
Showing 226 iContact Pro reviews
iContact Pro review by James M.
James M.

"Good product for sending emails"

What do you like best?

iContact is is to learn and provides lots of templates that make putting together emails for mass distribution easy.

What do you dislike?

When building an email, changing the fonts is kind of tedious, as well as adding space between the next row or item.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this if you do email marketing on a regular basis, and need to build contact forms for your website that can track new leads. I also like how you can schedule emails far in advance. So, when I need to tell all my clients we will be closed, I have someone set that up at the beginning of the year for all the holidays.

I needed to find a CRM that was affordable. I also liked that you could pay for different levels depending on the number of contacts. I don't have a lot of e-mail addresses, so it's fairly inexpensive. We pay about $36/5,000 contacts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iContact Pro
iContact Pro review by Jill W.
Jill W.

"Essential Software for Managing Large Database to Email"

What do you like best?

I love that iContact continually tries to change and create better templates. The software has evolved over the years and the ability to create a more personalized but fancy email body is better and better.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the Facebook feature to post directly to FB with a photo was still an ability. And it does seem to be a little hit and miss when posting to LinkedIn for some reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will help predom

We have nearly 10,000 clients that we are trying to keep up with at any given time and this creates a great way to stay relevant with folks as well as engage a conversation via email. Folks have contacted from the email for home values, listing presentations, etc.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

iContact Pro review by Trevor K.
Trevor K.

"A Solid Email Platform"

What do you like best?

The automation saves me a lot of time and makes sure I'm not missing anything. Before upgrading to the Pro platform I would have to manually send emails. With automation I can make sure we're reaching our customers more often. The automation interface is intuitive and easy to segment out users with remade segments or on the fly using metrics like birthday.

The templates are plentiful and very easily edited. If you get a pro plan they will even help make templates for you, too.

I actually use iContact for a lot of our customer segmentation and output for other platforms like Facebook ads. It keeps user info much better than our own point of sale does, so it's been more than an email platform for me.

What do you dislike?

The social connectivity needs to be updated a bit. Twitter doesn't have some of the new relaxed limitations, so you can't post messages that are as long.

The only other big dislike I have is that I have three businesses set up and that means a lot of duplication of workflow as automation can't be easily copied between the businesses, unfortunately. That's my biggest gripe. If you have one business or that business is set up to share things easier then this wouldn't be a problem for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend any business have an email platform to reach their customers. To me iContact is the best price for what you get, especially with customer service.

We retain customers through email correspondence. With iContact Pro we are able to remind them of new deals and far more likely to get them to become repeat customers week after week, and year after year.

iContact Pro review by Karin S.
Karin S.

"Value for money product"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use, and has a variety of plug-in options which can be tailored to your specific requirements.

What do you dislike?

Some functions cannot be copied and thus routine tasks may need to be duplicated. Support for foreign countries is not simple due to time differences. Local support would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allocate time to learn the new system. Not everything works the same way as your old software, and processes are called different things. This takes time to learn and understand. Take onboarding training if this is supplied in your region. It will be worth it to be able to use all the tools from the get-go.

iContact Pro ticks all the boxes for our digital outbound marketing programs. It provides all the required functionality in one great bundle, at an affordable price.

With the reduction in budgets, we had to think carefully about what we REALLY need, and iContat Pro really helped streamline our workflows, so not only did we save on the budget, but we save on time too.

iContact Pro review by Will C.
Will C.

"Robust functionality. Great customer service."

What do you like best?

Within iContact, there are a lot of options for organizing your lists. You can easily keep track of lists within lists and segments. It's also got great integration with Salesforce, syncing both ways. Plus, the customer service is really good. The documentation and videos are ok, but when you can get on the phone with someone, that's where they really shine.

What do you dislike?

It can take a lot to get it set up. They are very helpful, but if you are looking to get it fixed up for your org and integrated with Salesforce, that can be a lot of work. But, it's worth it. You'll be glad you did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a robust tool, but your email manager should be able to get it in good shape. They have great customer service. They do great consultations on how to improve your email marketing. It's free; just take advantage of it!

We really wanted to be able to manage our lists better, and you can do that with iContact. It's given us a better idea of where there's crossover in some of our lists. And, it's really helped us send out more emails. When we've got a good idea of who may or may not be in more than one list, that lets us know we can send out two or three emails a day without hitting some people twice.

iContact Pro review by Nicholas K.
Nicholas K.

"iContact Pro Review"

What do you like best?

In 2017 iContact came out with many nice updates, the best of which was the ability to copy over email templates to different accounts, which has saved us a ton of time. We really like how easy it is to switch back and forth in between our clients in our account, because we usually make changes quite often. I also really like the fact that you are able to make all landing pages and emails mobile friendly. A lot of emails are being opened on mobile devices nowadays, so it is nice to have that capability.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you are unable to copy over workflows to other campaigns on your account. It seems like a waste of time to remake them all the time. The website is also kind of slow. It seems like we do more time waiting than actually getting work done, which can be very infuriating at times when you are trying to meet a deadline. I do not like how you cannot move landing pages across different accounts, because you have to copy code if you want to move them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research - iContact is great for some, but not for others.

We have really been able to take our drip campaigns to the next level and use that to see our clients business' grow. We have been able to spread our drip campaigns all across the US, reaching all of our clients and their clientele.

iContact Pro review by Gina P.
Gina P.

"Great Product and Very Helpful Team"

What do you like best?

The best part of iContact Pro is the dedicated team that is available to you. Once you sign up you are assigned an account manager that is available to help you with whatever you need. We setup a weekly call with our account manager to discuss upcoming projects, analytics, ways we can improve, etc. Another great aspect of iContact Pro is the amount of projects that iContact helps us with. The iContact Pro team offers customer template creation and copy writing, testing, landing page and microsite design and copy writing, advanced reporting, analytics and performance reviews, workflow creation and social media analysis, branding and image creation. All of this has been very helpful to my company.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have disliked with iContact Pro was that I felt it was a little tricky to build an email for the first time but as soon as I called iContact for assistance they were able to help me right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that other companies give iContact a try. It may take a little getting used to at first but someone at iContact is always willing to help out and once you get the hang of it, the program is very easy and enjoyable to use.

The business problems we are solving with iContact Pro is being able to easily and efficiently send out a very large number of emails to a wide audience. The benefits I have realized are we are getting a high open rate percentage, resulting in an increase in sales for my business. iContact Pro has also saved us a tremendous amount of time and energy.

iContact Pro review by Joshua T.
Joshua T.

"iContact? More like iNeed it"

What do you like best?

The intuitive design and layout of the editing. The functions are easy to find (for the most part) and the list selection and deselect are easy to use and manipulate. The filters is one of my favorite parts of this platform. The support and calls we get to discuss things are my absolute favorite.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of just sending one test email at a time. I wish I would send a test email to a group of people. Also, some of the blocks in the "wysiwyg" editor are very touchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to learn how to use. The support staff is second to none. Even among other programs I've used the support here has raised the bar for what to expect from others. It's a great platform that can be integrated with just about any email template you're using. Just fantastic.

Filtering our list for unopens and bounces emails. We have made our lists much shorter and targeted and this has helped us realize the list isn't as big as we thought it was. Which is good.

iContact Pro review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Simple yet powerful email marketing platform"

What do you like best?

I love the service I get for the price I pay. The platform is easy to use, powerful and getting a campaign up and running is really fast. Once the emails are sent, the analytics provided are easy to understand yet go into a lot of useful detail.

What do you dislike?

While there is a good number of professional templates, some are rather dated. I would love to have a larger library of templates available to me. Also, some of the older templates do not display well on mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review the service and reach out to customer support as you will be pleasantly surprised.

We send email on behalf of dozens of clients and iContact makes navigating multiple accounts, setting up campaigns and reviewing reports easy.

iContact Pro review by Diane M.
Diane M.

"Great value and support"

What do you like best?

iContact has all of the automation features we were looking for, integrates with our CRM, Salesforce,, and provides all of the metrics we need to report on. Customer support and consultation has been far and above that of most of our vendors.

What do you dislike?

Not entirely intuitive to use but questions are always responded to quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Especially if you are in the beginning stages of formalized marketing or using marketing automation, iContact is a perfect partner and has been a great resource for us. Spend a few dollars more and opt for the Professional level, you will see a return on that small investment.

More visibility to the response to our marketing efforts has given us valuable insight we are using to hone not just our messaging and audience for emails but also web presence.

iContact Pro review by Matt T.
Matt T.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

iContact is easy to setup and get started. You can be up and running with your account and sending emails within a couple of hours. Support is also very friendly.

What do you dislike?

It takes awhile to figure out how to navigate to different parts of the platform. Also, the Salesforce integration is more limited than I'd like. It's also been challenging to setup the integration so that we could manage subscription lists automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a value-based mass email solution with a solid Salesforce integration. As long as you're not expecting a full-blown MAS platform you'll be happy.

iContact Pro allows us to sync our data with Salesforce which was one of our primary requirements.

iContact Pro review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"Power, Intuitive Email Marketing Tool"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create and organize campaigns. I've worked with several other platforms, and iContact does a great job of balancing simplicity of use with powerful features. While there are plenty of great email templates, their WYSIWYG editor allows anyone to create beautiful messaging in line with their brand.

What do you dislike?

Campaign reporting leaves a lot to be desired, and syncing with Salesforce has not been as quick/easy as I expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support is out of this world. They are responsive, knowledgeable, and easy to contact.

With iContact, we conduct outbound marketing to prospects, manage drip marketing campaigns, communicate with our existing customers about operational issues, and more. Once fully set up, it's all you really need to create and manage branded sales/marketing/communication plans all in one place.

iContact Pro review by Gene S.
Gene S.

"Intuitive and easy email marketing"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about iContact is the builder that lets me create my own email templates. While iContact does provide many pre-made, professional-looking newsletter themes, we prefer to layout and arrange our own. We find the builder to be very flexible and intuitive to use. I also like the live tech support for the very rare times I have needed it.

What do you dislike?

I wish we had more room for image storage without having to pay for it. I'd prefer if the image storage was unlimited and free, as part of the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start gathering emails the first day you launch your website or business. You can always go back and start creating campaigns.

We use iContact to educate our clients and keep them engaged with our products and services as well as educate them on best industry practices.

iContact Pro review by John B.
John B.

"Great email marketing solution for agencies"

What do you like best?

The ability easily manage different clients through sub-accounts. iContact does a great job of separating different sub-accounts so you can easily keep track of and manage email marketing for multiple clients.

The iContact Pro service also has great customer support. You get assigned a representative for your account which you can contact directly for support issues.

What do you dislike?

iContact Pro lacks the ability to directly integrate with a large number of cloud based applications such as CRMs, online forms, lead generation tools. It does allow integrations through Zapier but it has a limited number of integrations available on Zapier but the list appears to be growing.

iContact Pro also lacks (to my knowledge) the ability to easily to advanced tagging and segmentation like you can with other email providers like GetDrip and ConvertKit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iContact Pro is a great tool if you are running an agency or need manage multiple email marketing accounts from a single platform. iContacts support is great as well, they have very friendly and helpful representatives. iContact Pro allows you to create email sequences, build landing pages and manage social media all through their platform. I haven't had a need to use all of these features myself but it's nice to know they are available. The iContact platform is have been very reliable and worked well so far for our organization. If you need your email system to fully integrate with your CRM, external reporting tool or other applications you might need to check to make sure your integration is available.

The ability to create customized email templates for clients and execute email campaigns on their behalf. Our agency selected iContact because of the ability to manage multiple accounts for clients. It has done a good job at meeting our needs and allowing us to generate effective email campaigns for our clients.

iContact Pro review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"Don’t love it but good value and uncomplicated"

What do you like best?

It is much less complex to use than some other systems like Act On or Marketo. Our package includes press so it is an excellent value. We get high quality support from our Account Manager but Prior to him this was not the case.

What do you dislike?

Social is a hot mess. Support is East coast time so if you have an issue after 2 PST you are out of luck. Program has lots of quirks and required work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The social is useless so if that is key you will need a secondary product. Ok all around package.

We are a small staff with a heavy work load and many review cycles and revisions. We need a tool to get work out efficiently. We tend to churn staff pretty regularly so we need something simple to learn and master. Despite its quirks, this gets the job done though at a very reasonable investment.

iContact Pro review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Simple. Customizable. Supportive."

What do you like best?

iContact has made this entire process easy for our organization. As we move to a more focused content marketing plan, we saw the need to transition from a free service to one with more support and tools. As a non-profit, budget is always a challenge but our Strategic Advisor has made sure that we get the most bang for our buck!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I had more time to set up drip campaigns prior to purchase. You really need to have content ready to go before seeing iContact work to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set aside time to really play around with the features. It has been a wonderful tool for us so far!

iContact has helped up get consistent branding across the organization. We have several different departments that have been accustomed to sending out their own thing. Now we have one brand, one voice. We will have data on volunteers versus donors versus program recipients and be able to make better decisions about what content to appeals to different segments.

iContact Pro review by Bradley M.
Bradley M.

"Icontact Pro is outstanding "

What do you like best?

the ease of developing an email that works extremely well for the Iphone customers. the visuals, ease of navigating the program. Options and my Rep Sarah Carroll.

What do you dislike?

Can say that there is anything I dislike other than technical support is closed before the end of my day. I am in California, with a three hours behind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have just scratched the surface on using all of the capabilities of the PRO program, I have looked at other email programs and by far IcontactPRO is the best. I have well over 120,000 active emails. I am working on developing individualized campaigns and auto-response emails in 2018.

Better communications with mobile users.

iContact Pro review by Jerry v.
Jerry v.

"Very flexible platform if you have the time to use it. "

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the platform is it's best advantage. You can send emails, create landing pages and workflows from the same system. All of these parts are integrated with each other so you can really track a leads process and interaction.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integration with Salesforce is on the rough side. Furthermore, our company really likes the website tracking capabilities, but this sometimes has problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have the time to set everything up and maintain all the different capabilities.

iContact Pro allows our company to better track statistic, and it has allows us to properly gate several of our digital assets with the "landing pages" feature.

iContact Pro review by Reina P.
Reina P.

"Great Email Marketing Tool with Easy to Use Automation Capabilities"

What do you like best?

I like the Automation functionality the best. It's great to be able to create custom content for a specific audience and create individual workflows so your target audience is always getting relevant information they are interested in. I also love the support team, they are always so knowledgeable and easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

The iContact design template font/layout can appear slightly different if a user is opening in Outlook. However, if you use html for design this will not be an issue.

We are growing our subscriber database and consistently communicating with them on a monthly basis. So when they do need our services we will be top of mind.

iContact Pro review by Ashton C.
Ashton C.

"Easy to Use and Good Support"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up a template, and the visual editor is very simple and allows for plenty of personalization. The team support team is also very quick to respond any time I have a problem. I also love the ability to create segments across different lists using several aspects of the contact.

What do you dislike?

The main issue that I have with iContact and iContact Pro is the lack of specialized reporting. i would love to be able to pull a report consisting of multiple email sends instead of having to pull them individually. Other than that, I really haven't had many problems outside of normal down time a few times a year.

We send a newsletter and dedicated email every week to different lists, and the templates have really proven to be a life saver.

iContact Pro review by Luboslava N.
Luboslava N.

"Basic Marketing Automation combined with Advanced PR Package"

What do you like best?

Vocus (PRWeb) is good at Press Release distribution services on the web. It was our first technology for emailing campaigns

What do you dislike?

Email Marketing with iContact does not meet our expectations. The basic Marketing Plans allows only 1 user and offers only basic segmentation, tracking and analytic tools, does not integrate with our CRM and consulting is limited to kick-off only. Compared to alternatives for Marketing Automation, iContact is focused on email marketing, with limited functionality fer everything else. Did not integrate with our CRM system, so it was time consuming to transfer data between both systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who just need a basic mass emailing capabilities, might be satisfactory. We did replace it by Act-on

We subscribed to a Basic Package at $3600/year or $300/month for emailing, 2 press releases per month and social media tools. Press Release distribution works well, but I wish it had better integrated marketing automation platform at lower cost. We did use it for about a year until we got an approval budget to use Act-on marketing automation technology. We stilluse Vocus for our PR distribution.

iContact Pro review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"iContact Great System"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of learning and great tutorials. I have and do recommend this system to my clients and friends from around the country.

What do you dislike?

One thing I would really like is the ability to duplicate a record without having to fill it all in from scratch. For instance, if I have someone's contact info in the system and now need to add another contact, I'd like to hit a button, prepopulate the fields with the first record and then make changes before adding the new contact to my database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I highly recommend. So much so that I have two accounts. One is for my business and the other is for my community activities such as service clubs, development council and more.

Quite a number, obviously keeping in contact with my various databases of current and prospective customers is the prime one. Also I use it also in training by creating a list of people signed up for a certain class. Then I post a daily message to them about the class which helps to reinforce training whether for product knowledge or management (like financials). I also have one list with subscriber expiration dates that help me with my billing.

iContact Pro review by Administrator

"Excellent product with excellent support!!!!"

What do you like best?

Our organization has used iContact Pro software for a number of years. It is highly customizable and allows us to be more efficient and track our internal and external marketing material. The software is very stable and we rarely need support but in those few instances that we do, we always receive excellent support and guidance. There are a number of features that are extremely useful. The Engagement Tracking and Integration options provides advanced manageability. The Email Notifications keep everyone in constant communications. Excellent product with excellent support staff!!!

What do you dislike?

For internal email communications, it would be helpful to remove the “subscribe” option at the bottom of the emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product with excellent support staff!!!

iContact Pro review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"iContact is the best email provider out there"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the great support with the system.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Very happy with the system, its capabilities and the support.

Years ago, long before there were many email providers out there, I worked with a company who build me a customer system from the ground up. It was amazing, and did some really great things. Time goes on and that company eventually went out of business. I shopped 8 of the email providers out there, and only found one who could do what I had done previously, and that was iContact. Besides that, their system has been very easy to use - even easier than my original system, and, their support has been amazing.

iContact Pro review by Axel Y.
Axel Y.

"Great Salesforce Integration! "

What do you like best?

The SFDC integration is very user friendly, the fact that you can export the HTML code for the email templates is pretty awesome too.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be improved on the SFDC piece, tracking what was clicked through on would be great. Also I wasn't a fan of the fact that to create email templates I had to log out and login directly to icontact, a more native integration would have been nice. Also the integration seem to only work well on Chrome browser and not on Safari

Maintaining multiple databases for email and CRM. The biggest benefit is obviously the integration. I have tried other email marketing tools such as Mail Chimp and Constant Contact with very little success.

iContact Pro review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Love iContact and their potential"

What do you like best?

The people. We've used different platforms before as our business grew, like Constant Contact and mailchimp. And after using those and looking at a host of others, the features and price point were perfect for us. But it was the people and support that really keep us with iContact. Unlike others services you get a real person to talk to!

What do you dislike?

I would like more automated features and more in terms of dynamic content that would keep us from recreating lots of different campaigns to target different groups. But we've actually had really good conversations with our rep about these needs, they've rolled out some new products since we've come on board and I think they are really adding a lot of capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. This is the only company in the sub $1000/mo range that has real 1-1 customer support.

Keeping icontact in sync with our CRM is complex. Moving to icontact was easier because of the 1-1 support. The burden wasn't on us to figure it out. We also want to target customers more specifically and they have a lot of great ideas for that.

iContact Pro review by Agency in Commercial Real Estate
Agency in Commercial Real Estate

"Our experience as a company has been positive and the staff is very helpful."

What do you like best?

The designing of e-mails are very user friendly. The service provided by the iContact staff is also very friendly, helpful, and quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

Parts of the platform for e-mail sent. Folder's would be preferred to sort our drafts in for example, we would make months in our previous program and would keep track of which blasts we made in which months. Another aspect that would be VERY helpful is a calendar that shows the different blasts that are scheduled. This would prevent us from spamming if we schedule to the same list. Lastly, searching with a search bar through the sent would be very helpful if we were wanting to send a similar e-mail.

We're currently not experiencing any problems. We have worked closely as a marketing team to send brand standard e-mails sending out alerts when new properties are available and when there is a price reduction or a client need.

iContact Pro review by Consultant

"One of our most trusted partners"

What do you like best?

Good customer service. Low (ish) pricing. Design tools that are relatively simple to use.

What do you dislike?

IContact's contact management tools lack simplicity and straightforwardness. It's hard to know how the APP is categorizing your contacts. Many problems come from trying to delete contacts but they still remain in the system somehow. AND GO GOODNESS SAKE, please someone create the ability to copy and paste Newsletter Blocks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do not like customizing email template and their design, Icontact may not be for you.

All our of newsletter email blasts look consistent, thanks to Icontact. Although it should still be easier to copy and paste elements from newsletter to newsletter.

iContact Pro review by Karen G.
Karen G.

"Working iContact has been great - Especially with our Account Executive "Vicki Woodland""

What do you like best?

Vicki did such a great job walking us through all what you need to use our account efficiently;y. Not only that, she also made sure to help us set up our account and guide us through the whole process.

She was helpful and patient. We actually think that one of the main reasons we are still with iContact is because of all her help!!!

What do you dislike?

That geolocation is not one of iContact's features which I believe is essential since my subscribers are all over the world. And we would want to track where they are at to better engage with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iContact is a great platform. And it keeps getting better.

We needed to remind our customers of our services. And by sending regular email announcement, that helps to have more business.

iContact Pro review by User in Higher Education

"iContact Pro will do everything you want, for the right price"

What do you like best?

iContact has plenty of features to take your emails to the next level, including templates and a robust editor that lets you fully write HTML templates and apply styles. Pro sets you up with a dedicated consultant, who will talk you through strategies and how to improve your email delivery and engagement, as well as help you work through the inevitable technical hiccup or spam count

What do you dislike?

I used ICP when i was on a team, and for some reason our consultant would always email me with any updates or questions, including payment questions, which I couldn't answer. They would never change the main contact, even after repeated requests to do so. Consultation calls felt like they would always contain at least one upsell , which can be wearying after already shelling out money for the service. Emails sometimes took hours to actually send, which made our send times and strategies a little weird.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh the pros and cons of other services before committing and compare them to your goals- iContact requries oayment for a year upfront, so you're stuck with them if you don't like them.

We communicated with thousands of subscribers and customers with this product on a bi-weekly and monthly basis.

iContact Pro review by Sachs G.
Sachs G.

"iContact is perfect for small-to-midsize businesses"

What do you like best?

The dashboard gives you all the information you need in one spot and is visually appealing, and the workflows are intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

When workflows get complex (As mine are) the site tends to freeze up and changing out emails and creating A/B split tests can become time-consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you will be using a lot fo

We needed clean reporting for our email marketing programs that we weren't receiving from our previous ESP, which was Act-On.

iContact Pro review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great Program and Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using iContact so far has been the amazing customer service! You are paired with a real live person and given their direct contact information to help you through learning the program. Their training was exceptional - I never felt like I needed to guess on how the program worked, I was also one call away from help.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they were an easier way to send out emails and collect event registrations. iContact can collect registrations for you but it isn't as easy as I would hope.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! I'm so glad that we made the switch.

Email marketing to large audiences, contact management, very easy to design emails.

iContact Pro review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"iContact Pro "

What do you like best?

iContact Pro has recently upgraded it's email templates to make them easier and more intuitive to use. I love the templates that are available to help kick start your design and the design help that is offered is always appreciated.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it can sometimes be hard to customize a template. It would be nice to be able to drag and drop items and have the ability to move them up, down, and side to side as needed.

We are reaching our email customer base as well as our members who have signed up for our services. It is an easy way to reach out target audience.

iContact Pro review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"My experience with iContact Pro has been wonderful! "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy to use website. I also appreciate the teams dedication to helping if we ever have any issues. They went through step by step making sure we understood how to use this.

What do you dislike?

API needs more examples. Wish there was more easy to use API support. Also, they merging of lists is a little confusing when using a workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iContact Pro is an easy to use website. Creating emails is fun and easy to do. Our company loves the features within iContact Pro.

The benefits my company has realized is being about to reach out to our wide range of different customers around the world.

iContact Pro review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Good Contact Manager"

What do you like best?

We use iContact to manage thousands of email subscribers, which compared to prices like those as hubspot, is at an extremely reasonable cost.

What do you dislike?

When editing your own html in an email, it tries to update as you work, which can slow it down.

Allows us to retain and manage a large contact list outside our membership database.

iContact Pro review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"A solid solution for email marketing"

What do you like best?

I have used several email marketing services for campaigns for clients, and this one is a solid contender. I like it a whole lot more than constant contact, but just a hair less than Mail Chimp (simply because of the creativity and fun feel that Mail Chimp delivers).

What do you dislike?

Drag and drop features are always nice for us non-design folks, but I think for the campaign to look really professional, you need the input of the designer(s) on your team, which is a little frustrating, but understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really intuitive system but has a learning curve. Play around with it for a while.

Nearly every client requests (or is sold) some sort of newsletter. At my old agency we were always looking for really sharp software that didnt cost an arm and a leg to provide this service. We were pretty happy with this option.

iContact Pro review by Jessica R.
Jessica R.

"Inexpensive e-blast and CRM software. "

What do you like best?

Makes it very easy to send out our monthly e-newsletter.

What do you dislike?

The templates are limited in themes, and the drag and drop takes a little time to adjust to from the old format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an inexpensive crm, this is the way to go.

Inexpensive way to send e-newsletters.

iContact Pro review by Henry R.
Henry R.

"Full featured email marketing site"

What do you like best?

The email and social media design features are simple to use for the beginner and sophisticated enough for the experienced designer.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have easy access to the date that contacts unsubscribe or click "do not contact."

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is fantastic

I am able to see who clicks on marketing links inside of an email and tie that to website visits.

iContact Pro review by User

"Their customer help desk is the best thing about them."

What do you like best?

I've had to reach out to their customer help desk numerous times (we will get to why later) and they have always helped me resolve any and every issue. I"ve always used the chat feature to contact them. I only use them to create newsletters.

What do you dislike?

I have had to use the help desk so often because every time I'm building a message I end up with some issue/bug. Then they usually fix it. Their templates could use updating. Also limited functionality/customizability. We've also had issues sending out emails through them, so we do a workaround - however this could be due to our firewalls and not iContact to be fair.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore other options before making the jump.

Newsletter template/format. Benefits are limited. Moving to another competitor.

iContact Pro review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Good product with nice features"

What do you like best?

The user friendliness of the product and the amount of features. Also, the customer service and education has been top notch.

What do you dislike?

They discontinued the survey forms in Pro, which would still be a nice feature to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are new to email marketing, I would take advantage of Icontact and the additional education that they provide.

Keeping our customers informed and driving traffic to our website. We have set up automation to teach our customers about our services and further their experience.

iContact Pro review by Daniel Ángel C.
Daniel Ángel C.

"Great Service "

What do you like best?

They took the time to answer our questions and guided us to improve our customer database.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately they do not have support in Spanish, our case we are located in Mexico and that is a limitation.

We used it for the mass mailing, our problem was with the database, a negative sending caused our account to be blocked, with the help of our team and the guide of the icontact team we were able to solve it and thus progress in our campaigns.

iContact Pro review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"iContact Pro makes it easy to effectively communicate with our clients."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, great customer support and excellent tech support when tech questions arise. I can add HTML coding and see the results instantly. Test messages assure the message appears correctly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that tech support is not available in the evening (Pacific time zone).

Easy to have multiple lists to communicate relevant messages. It is easy to add a list of new contacts directly to one of the our lists or we can easily create a new list. The email result data is easy to interpret and helps to better design future messages.

iContact Pro review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Easy to use interface for someone that has no html "

What do you like best?

So easy to use this interface to move and drag and drop. Love too that it automatically optimizes your email for mobile and tablet. Extremely easy to copy messages and modify if you have different senders. Automation workflows allow you to visualize the

What do you dislike?

sometimes there are funny font issues, but testing prior to sending you can resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial and test out how to build an email prior. Look at the templates they provide as well that make the building process easier.

quick emails to respond to a customer need at the time.

"Buggy Program"

What do you like best?

It sends emails when you tell it to. That's about all I can say for benefits.

What do you dislike?

The platform is incredibly buggy. There's no responsive email options in the templates so you're stuck having to build you're own, then figure out workarounds to make the responsive coding work since iContact tries to override it. I think this platform would work well for a small nonprofit that wants to send a basic email to stakeholders but does not have the level of polished platform needed for a larger organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would heavily play around with it before committing to using. It has lots of weird quirks. For example, when you try to backspace on copy you're writing, the cursor will randomly jump to another part of the copy and you end up deleting the wrong thing. Also their templates are not responsive so only really work well for desktop applications.

Contacting our various stakeholders around the world. iContact gets the job done even if it's not the easiest platform to deal with.

"Not for us"

What do you like best?

iContactPro is a great tool for smaller businesses with simple marketing campaigns. I like that on one platform you can create and send emails, create landing pages, and use marketing automation. Customer service is also very responsive.

What do you dislike?

As a web designer I find iContactPro to be very limiting. There are many small things that seem to have been overlooked by developers, for instance, I cannot duplicate a landing page without using the same naming convention as the one I duplicated from. When creating landing pages, it's difficult to get elements to align perfectly, and objects overlap each other with disregard to the order in which they created, or my "send backward" commands. Also my browser often freezes on landing page creation pages. iContact landing pages do not work well with Google Analytics, and there is no way through iContact to track where my visitors are coming from. I cannot search my sent emails alphabetically or by sender. Also, sometimes emails I have created disappear for no reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would only recommend this if you are a smaller company with little experience with marketing and design.

My colleagues and I are able to create simple email marketing campaigns, and iContactPro has been a good tool to introduce us to marketing automation.

iContact Pro review by Shirlen G.
Shirlen G.

"Email Marketing Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I receive prompt response and support to any question I may have concerning the program.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. The program is great. Highly recommend it!

I get access to tonnes of emails through my website. Icontact allows me to quickly archive and manage these emails to re-target my customer base.

iContact Pro review by Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Internal Consultant in Higher Education

"I-Contact Pro Strategic Advisors are Knowledgeable and Supportive"

What do you like best?

I have really appreciated the support and professionalism of both the Account Strategists that we have worked with. They have taken the time to know our account and our team and have followed through with great recaps of our monthly meetings with actionable follow up tasks.

What do you dislike?

I have not gone back to review, but when we first joined, there was a UI change that was going to organize the tutorials better. Not sure if that happened, as I have not been back to the tutorial section, but that needed attention at one point.

Determining which images and headlines are most effective to reaching out back to our prospects. Cleaning up our process and email lists so that we get better response from our campaigns.

iContact Pro review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Good for any size business"

What do you like best?

I like that there are sliding scales based on how many people you're trying to reach (if you're using it for automated emails). For ex our business only had about 450 subscribers and it was around $15 a month to send out our emails and track them.

What do you dislike?

May just be a glitch but it seemed to work better on our ipad than Android phones. Just a little longer load time between pages on the Android.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how big your market is because it will affect your monthly cost

We were sending newsletters, event invitations and updates and tracking how many were opened etc.

iContact Pro review by Arisa S.
Arisa S.

"Always helpful"

What do you like best?

Technical support team and account manager. They are always helpful and quick to get back to us when we have technical trouble.

What do you dislike?

Limited capability for NON-HTML writers. I understand Icontact pro meant to maximize accessibility for professionals, but unless you write the HTML codes, editing capability is pretty limited...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need basic knowledge about HTML coding otherwise, it limits editing capability.

Trackability as campaign. Integration with google analytics.

iContact Pro review by Amanda M.
Amanda M.

"Marketing made easy!"

What do you like best?

I love the social media sharing, engagement tracking, and advanced post scheduling on multiple platforms.

What do you dislike?

The price, I wish it was cheaper to purchase.

There are times where I want to post things to Facebook and Twitter but I don't have time to do it. I loved the feature that allowed me to set up socially media posts in advance and then tracked how many potential clients were engaging with my posts.

Learn more about iContact Pro

iContact Pro Videos

Learning about iContact Pro?

* We monitor all iContact Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.