iContact

Professional email marketing from iContact helps businesses of all stages and sizes get results. From the small business just getting started to the professional marketer looking for strategies to maximize campaigns to the high-volume sender with 15,000 to 5 million+ subscribers, iContact offers a plan to meet every need.

Work for iContact?

Learning about iContact?

iContact Reviews

Ask iContact a Question
Showing 669 iContact reviews
iContact review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting
View Original

"iContcact is a great service!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iContact
iContact review by Ken O.
Ken O.
View Original

"Good Tool for Your Business"

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

iContact review by pippa b.
pippa b.

"iContact - Email Marketing Solution"

What do you like best?

iContact is a Web-based email marketing tool intended for organizations all things considered. This arrangement offers email configuration, list administration, battle administration and online life distributing inside a solitary arrangement. iContact highlights numerous adjustable email formats that assistance clients configuration content for their email crusades. Clients can likewise plan message conveyance by picking the correct labels from their email records.

What do you dislike?

As of now formats support customers who are in the business advertise. This difficulties us to be innovative in adjusting an excellent layout from deals to occasion advancement. More formats for the non-benefit and religious customers would, honestly, be a blessing.The spell check highlight can be made strides. The procedure to keep up and scour mailing records isn't as evident as I would usually like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iContact is appropriate for sending and following interchanges, for example, bulletins and general correspondence, to different gatherings of people. The templates are anything but difficult to set up, and they will work with you to make altered templates.

A key component of this arrangement is SpamCheck, which decreases the odds of emails being marked spam by browsing the email subject, HTML email and content email against an arrangement of principles subsequently enhancing the email deliverability.

iContact review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Great Email Marketing Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface and built in abilities allow fast creation and testing of emails. Reporting is great. Helpful staff and support. Our monthly calls really helped us stay on top of email trends and keep on track towards improving our open rates and click rates. Love the scheduling ability. Love the A/B testing abilities the platform has. Multiple folders makes for easy breakout of work between employees at the company. List management features are easy to use and manage. Support is responsive and helpful - helped with issues right away and that is always a very good thing, especially when we are pushed for a deadline.

What do you dislike?

Would like a little more flexibility with the interface, and more built in features with customization options. Would like ability to edit the footer on the emails within the platform - currently we can edit this only if we speak with our iContact adviser. Overall, a superior email marketing platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform and great/helpful advisers. Platform allows you to schedule emails, manage lists, review stats on openers, bounce rates, clicks, urls clicked, and more.

We have been working with iContact for the past couple years to improve our email marketing campaigns and sender reputation. Our iContact advisers have helped us improve our open rates, inbox placement, email design, and more over these years. The iContact advisers have always been very knowledgeable about email trends, best practices and inbox placement. We felt like we were in good hands with the company.

iContact review by Robin T.
Robin T.

"I love using iContact for customer service and support"

What do you like best?

I chose iContact first because they are local to my home office . I have stayed with them because of their excellent customer service. Every question I have related to my email marketing is always answered thoroughly and politely. I appreciate the time they have taken to troubleshoot minor technical issues. Continued training for small business owners is alway a huge plus when working with iContact. I have attended classes in person ( big plus for being local) and online which have helped me as a sole entrepreneur.

What do you dislike?

I wish that iContact could be linked to some of my other platforms, such as my CRM and events platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want more personal customer service than the big box marketing systems, go with iContact

I use iContact in three main ways-

iContact has helped me stay in touch with current customers with promotions and up to date information.

iContact has helped me build a community of people interested in wellness topics, providing health tips and notifications of local events

iContact has allowed me to set up autoresponders that guide my customers through paid lifestyle programs.

iContact review by Amy C.
Amy C.

"Mass Email Provider"

What do you like best?

Emails are the most responsive methods for communicating current sales, events and notices to a large group. When we send a mass email, we see results immediately. I like the ease of use to design and set-up an email, and the personal attention from my account representative who often outlines strategies with my contact list to help on deliverability.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes have issues with our media 'storage' that doesn't appear accurate. Wish I understood better how to reach the people who are listed on the dashboard results as 'NO INFORMATION'. Don't like the alternating IP addresses as I'm unable to ask our local email service to whitelist our email IP (since it has numerous IP addresses that might be utilized by other advertisers).

iContact emails allow us to communicate sales, promotions, services, benefits and safety information quickly and to a large crows. Results are noticed immediately by the phone calls we receive.

iContact review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Newsletter for PA/NJ Chapter of the College Reading and Learning Association"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is one of the reasons that I truly enjoy working with iContact. Prior to using this software, we were using Publisher to build our newsletters. iContact allows us to send out professional looking emails within minutes.

The Live Chat for any issues have been very satisfactory and the IT employees extremely professional

What do you dislike?

Since the update there is not much to complain about. At one point, I did try to make an appointment to meet virtually with our Customer Success Manager and we were not able to connect due to tech issues. I was disappointed that after this event, he did not attempt to reach out to me again to resolve the issues that we were having and to walk us through the new features of the software. However, I was able to resolve our issues through the Live Chat, which I have used quite a few times very successfully.

Another small issue I have found is being able to download contact lists to Excel. It is one of the few non-user friendly aspects to iContact as it seems to be quite hidden. A more obvious download button would be greatly appreciated.

Ability to keep in contact with our membership lists and provide up to date information. The newer updates to iContact have allowed us to add buttons for members to register easily for conferences and other meetings. Since our members are spread over 2 states, one the major benefits is the ability to easily disseminate information. In addition,

iContact review by Devin J.
Devin J.

"Awesome design interface and incredibly friendly staff"

What do you like best?

I've been using iContact for a little over a year now and any time I have a question, Bill is always quick with a helpful answer. Since their interface update, putting together good-looking emails has been a snap. I love the email signup box they have for me to put on my website too!

What do you dislike?

I wish sorting lists of email recipients was easier, so I could on a whim send an email to only people in a certain area or only people in a certain line of business. It is possible, but it's not quite as user friendly as I would prefer.

iContact has allowed us to keep in touch with customers and potential customers that we might otherwise not have a reason to contact. As a new business, it's really important for us to keep our name at the front of our customers' minds and this is an easy way for us to do that.

iContact review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"Easy to use - easy to review and understand results"

What do you like best?

I created a custom template for our company and really like being able to use that template and modify it to make copy changes each month. I also like the very simple-to-understand analytics which let me know how many people are using our newsletter.

What do you dislike?

Although I have gotten comfortable with creating my own templates, I wish there were more template options related to manufacturing, I would love to find a template that I could just “fill in the blanks”. Occasionally I need to send out an email that is not connected to our online newsletter, and it would be nice if I had a good option for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Price is reasonable, use is very user friendly.

We have different lists that we need to send certain emails to, it is so easy to upload a list and save it for future mailings. Having the analytics available on the Dashboard is a huge help, I was able to discover that one of our salespeople was not receiving our emails, so he never knew what the specials were or what information we were putting out there.

iContact review by Plinth G.
Plinth G.

"iContact keeps guests in touch with our small art gallery."

What do you like best?

We use iContact monthly to reach over 5000 gallery guests and keep them informed of upcoming exhibitions and events. Once we developed our template, it is easy and very user-friendly to make changes and update our mailings. The recent improvements to the system make keeping our subscriber list up-to-date. Customer support is always responsive and we appreciate the suggestions for keeping our mailings relevant.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we find the template a bit glitchy to work with, and we have gotten feedback from subscribers that there are inconsistencies between desktop and mobile platforms as to how our newsletter appears but nothing that has been a concern of significance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an effective communication tool for a small business.

Our mailings reach gallery guests and followers nation-wide and it is the most effective way we keep in touch. We have completed some direct sales of artwork simply because someone read our newsletter.

iContact review by Tim M.
Tim M.

"iContact Email Marketing"

What do you like best?

The platform is super user friendly and flexible making email marketing less cumbersome and reducing the amount of time we have to spend creating, deploying, and tracking the results from our campaigns.

What do you dislike?

I've been using the iContact platform for two of our brands for over 8 years and haven't found anything that I've disliked. Over the years there are a lot of new features being added. Half the time I don't know what they are but our Rep. is always checking in and explaining them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an email marketing solution, give them a try. If I recall, they have several plans and free trials available. The sales and support team are helpful and not super pushy so it won't be a bombardment if you are in the exploration phase in terms of using their product.

As an education provider, we need to communicate both sales and service oriented email messages to our students. The iContact platform has enabled us to create awareness and generate leads on products, but also provide notifications that our student/customer base need to know about.

iContact review by Kirsten R.
Kirsten R.

"Monthly User"

What do you like best?

I love their analytics on the emails sent. It is helpful to see what emails do best, and how we can improve. The template are very easy to use and very versatile. It has been interesting to see how the analytics change based on the content and what it is that gets them to sign up to receive our emails. Plus, it give me something to report back and justify the cost of using the program.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better social media integration. There is basic integration for a few of the social media sites, but I would like it to be able to do so much more. I would like to see some kind of integration with snapchat and instagram, as well as better integration with Linked in Business pages. It would also be great if we could send out mailers, making icontact a one stop shop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product, very versatile!

We use iContact to send out our monthly newsletter to our email contacts. We also send out various reminders, coupons, and advertising to our various newsletter lists. It has been very helpful in reaching out to our fans, especially those who don't use social media. It is excellent for Business to Business mass emails as well. Newsletter sign up is very simple and it is very easy to get set up. Once you get going you can save templates, use theirs, or even reuse an email previously used.

iContact review by Doug V.
Doug V.

"Have been using iContact ever since I started working for the Texas Department of Agriculture in '13"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, intuitive tools, layout, etc. #1 probably the ability to do live chats with tech folks. Helps solve problems in minutes!

What do you dislike?

The price is a little steep. I understand that providing all the services costs money, but I wish it was more affordable. It's a good thing that I don't run the agency and make the purchasing decisions! I might lean towards a cheaper solution.

If I could change something, I would add a width-changing feature to the blocks and sections. On one hand, it's nice to have the stability of a locked-in width, but a dragging-with-mouse way to re-size the blocks would be convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have recommended this product to others, who have joined our team, as well as other business owners outside of the agency. It's super easy to use and the availability to chat live (immediately) with customer service is a super service. You can't beat the customer service!

Communicating with our members and promoting the GO TEXAN program with our friends and followers.

iContact review by Ewen M.
Ewen M.

"Intuitive and user friendly"

What do you like best?

I have used several e-marketing apps over the past ten years and none come close to the intuitive and user friendly iContact system. From contact management and segmentation to developing e-mail templates and implementing campaigns, the process is a breeze with iContact.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints. One complaint I used to have was trying to schedule emails from GMT to EST (simple, I know), but this was sorted in the last year and I'm more than happy now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Whether you're an expert or a beginner, iContact is an all round, economical application for e-marketing.

We are able to reach out to our global customer base with company news and product announcements quickly and easily using iContact.

One challenge that we face is the prospect of the EU GDPR regulations which take effect on May 25, 2018. This could impact our ability to reach current and prospective targets/audience directly.

iContact review by Diane T.
Diane T.
View Original

"Ideal provider for a small non-profit like ours"

What do you like best?

We send out a weekly newsletter for our small non-profit tango community, and use iContact to manage subscriptions and keep an archive of our newsletters and images. It is easy to re-use the template from week to week, and keep track of those who receive the mailing. We can track how many people receive the mailing as well as how many actually open it.

What do you dislike?

You cannot sort your saved images in folders or any other way to find what you want quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have questions. the support staff is quick and very helpful. They have resolved every question or issue I have ever had.

Since we aren't really a "business" but a non-profit, our problems are always small. We do attract people to our tango venue and keep a mailing that includes out of towners who like to know what is going on in our city before they visit.

iContact review by Nicole W.
Nicole W.

"iContact is an excellent tool and resource for our organization's email marketing"

What do you like best?

We are consistently impressed with the customer support they provide. Our strategic adviser, Peter is always sharing the latest industry best practices and pushing us to take our email marketing to the next level. He serves as a valuable consultant around our email strategy and is always ready to help with a new project. Our monthly check-ins with him are critical to our success in email marketing. The technical support is also very responsive to our needs and there to help with any issues we experience.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally there are glitches in the platform that make it tricky to get the email to show up the way you want it to when it is sent. Occasionally it will show up different in different email platforms and the trouble-shooting around this can be tricky. Luckily the iContact team is very responsive and ready to help. I also wish it had more abilities to track e-commerce resulting from our emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend them as a great tool and resource for the price.

Within our organization there are many different programs using this to communicate with their constituents. Whether it is an E-news for volunteers, our monthly E-new to 10K subscribers or our data-driven, carefully segmented email fundraising program, iContact has been a great tool. It helps us reach more people with the right information that is relevant to them. With this tool we have been able to grow and maintain a healthy email list and launch a successful new digital fundraising program.

iContact review by Michelle W.
Michelle W.

"Great support, easy to use tools"

What do you like best?

We love working with iContact, our rep is always mentioning areas we can improve and suggesting new ways for us to think about our content. It's great to have someone with experience looking out for our new team. Anytime we have questions, the iContact team is available and ready with not only helpful answers but suggestions for ways to improve future sends and email construction. The API has been simple to use and allows us to get all of the data from the emails into a digestable format that we can combine with sends from another platform.

What do you dislike?

Not much about the tool is unlikeable, we would love to customize the footers and have the unsubscribe go to our global system directly, but we've found ways to make it work smoothly for our organization. We've been able to work with the API very easily to ingest the data we need to enhance the user customization and personalization within all of our email sends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely meet with them to see if their product fits your needs. Worth a look.

We use their team to help improve our email performance, send to lists of users that are not already in our CRM and engage with our B2B teams. We've seen improvements in our overall deliverability since working with the iContact team and listening to their recommendations. Once we began using their tools more effectively and changing our methods for developing emails, we've seen open and clicks rates both improve.

iContact review by Bard V.
Bard V.

"I-Contact is the email marketing platform for us"

What do you like best?

We had used I-Contact in the past for about 10 years with great success and satisfaction when our company in 2013 decided to change over to another provider.

We have given this provider a chance, but a variety of issues, poor support and ineffective training have resulted in us moving back to I-contact since the beginning of 2016. And what a pleasure this has been. We receive Account Management support on a monthly basis, we can submit design projects and we are being listened to and given sound advice.

I for one am very pleased with being back at I-contact and I look forward to working with them for many years to come!

What do you dislike?

Really based on my experience with I-contact there is nothing I dislike about the program, or the approach from the I-contact team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use

Cost effective

Excellent support

We are trying to run a variety of email marketing campaigns and by using I-contact we get expert advice on the creation of templates, sign up forms and other useful tips and hints.

iContact review by William W.
William W.

"iContact Allows our Business to Succeed"

What do you like best?

Our strategic advisor is really kind, funny, and very helpful when it comes to our email marketing needs. He makes great suggestions about subject lines, content, and even the best day to send out our email with historically proven high open rates per our account history. The system is easy to use! We can include and exclude lists to send an email to, schedule it in advance and forget about it. We're also able to see the history of a contact - what the open and how many times. Their clicks, etc. This makes it so we can send to people who open our emails making sure we don't get blocked by the major email providers.

What do you dislike?

The new system can be a bit clunky. I know they're still ironing out some kinks in the new system but for now some things are annoying and buggy. But at least we're able to send. I also wish you could batch delete your lists you create as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of advantages and customization to using iContact to work your email list. They're always there if you need help or suggestions. They can even help write your email. Good organization of your list and list hygiene as well.

We have been able to succeed at email marketing with iContact. Our emails don't get block by major service providers because through iContact we have been able to only send to people who open our emails so we don't get marked as spam. Our open rates have increased and complaints gone down. We still see the same amount of response or even more through doing this!

iContact review by Kyle B.
Kyle B.

"Stellar drag & drop editing"

What do you like best?

I've worked with several email newsletter marketing programs during my time in media and iContact is hands-down my favorite thus far. The drag & drop editor makes shuffling around content easy and better yet, the templates automatically reformat for optimized mobile consumption. The emails look great on both desktop and mobile devices and we're not even spending additional time preparing that optimized mobile format. Our strategic advisor is also very responsive when we need assistance and offers a lot of insight into the analytics and trends of our databases.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish we had was direct 2-way communication between our business website member databases and the iContact lists for synchronized newsletter opt-in status. Subscriptions get communicated from our website to iContact, but unsubscribes from the emails sent by iContact do not get communicated back to the member profile on our website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into trying out iContact. They are serious about what they do and know what you need to make your email marketing a success.

The biggest problem we're solving is time spent on producing emails. We send a lot of various emails to our multiple website databases (including various sub-groups within each website database) and we can't afford to spend tons of time producing these emails when there are so many other production tasks we need to fulfill. Building emails used to be one of the more time-consuming projects we deal with. They are taken care of much faster now that we have the simple-to-use email builder.

iContact review by Karen E.
Karen E.

"iContact allows me to engage members and others to get information out fast!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of selecting all or just some contact lists for individualized messages. Formatting is easy, and you can switch seamlessly between HTML and Design mode while working on your message. Customer service has always been very responsive anytime I have had a problem or question.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint has been fixed (the ability to select all lists at once when applicable), so I have no dislikes to offer! The one thing I wish I could do is edit images within the document if the sizing is not quite right, but for now, I edit outside the application and hope it works when inserted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Put it through its paces. You will like what you see!

Rapid and systemic communication across a broad spectrum of recipients, and we are getting better responses from our contacts.

iContact review by Kimberly Y.
Kimberly Y.

"icontact has mail mailings easy for our office"

What do you like best?

We create multiple lists for newsletters. icontact is user friendly, provides support when we have any issue, and is more affordable and reliable than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

we dislike the image file limitations. We wish more space was provided in each package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have and will continue to recommend icontact to others. It helps us organize contacts, easily create and edit lists, manage templates, build newsletters and send with ease.

We are creating newsletters and managing multiple listserves. icontact has many options and a interface that is more user-friendly than its competitors. We also love supporting a NC company since we are the UNC office of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development and work mostly with UNC students and alumni with ideas or startups.

iContact review by Tanya J.
Tanya J.

"I Heart iContact!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and find your past emails. Easy email deliverability and Easy email responses and Easy email preview. Easy sending out emails. Easy to manage email lists. Easy building emails and easy importing photos and easy personalizing emails. Easy user friendly! You can see bounce backs. You can see who opened your email. You can attach other Social media sites. iContact sends your emails also to like Facebook and Twitter and LinkedIn, the same time as the Client emails! Awesome product! I love on the Home (first page) they give you icontact news to help you with customer service tips!

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about icontact. I love icontact!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is user friendly! I like easy to use and it is easy to use!

The problems I solve is I can put all my clients in one place and icontact sends out whatever email I need at whatever time & day, I want. Easy to import my clients emails and also I can put in all their business information like address, phone number, etc. You can pick and choose different Lists to send different emails to. Love that the Home page, the first page tells you your Most recent email, how many people the email was sent to, how many people clicked on it, how many people opened your email. Tells you your Image library, messages sent, subscriber count, Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn! Very easy to use. Thank you!

iContact review by Jill W.
Jill W.

"Great Emailer for the Best Price"

What do you like best?

The amount of folks I can email for the price.

What do you dislike?

The template can be difficult and limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think iContact really needs to figure out the posting to social media, particularly Facebook, and having an image available. I've been told it's something that Facebook isn't allowing, however, when I take the Archived URL and put that into the Facebook, I can add multiple images and a caption and be totally fine. It seems that that process should be able to happen through the distributing process.

Speaking with a mass amount of clients every week and staying relevant. The benefits are vast when you're constantly getting to keep in touch with clients. It's sparked referrals, follow ups, new business, etc.

iContact review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"IContact has always been a great source for our company!"

What do you like best?

I'd say the customer service aspect is what we like best. We have a dedicated employee who constantly reaches out and offers her help. She always answers the phone and is quick to respond if she is away from her desk. It makes the whole service very personal and convenient

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is the storage issue. I keep getting notifications that my iContact directory is almost full so I have to manually go into old email distribution lists and delete each one. I wish old distribution lists would just expire and go away.

iContact helps us send out well-formatted invites, evites and notifications to a wide group of people. It is a great resource for us.

iContact review by Gregory W.
Gregory W.

"Great for small business"

What do you like best?

The greatest thing about Icontact is that you're able to create newsletters easily with decent templates they provide and track the interaction your emails recieve from your customers. Having those analytics helps us as a small business know what our customer demographic best responds to and are interested in.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot to dislike about the program, however, sometimes the newsletter builder will have issue loading pictures you upload and may take more than one attempt to upload them.

Were able to know if our customers got our email. We used to mail out newsletters physically, and never know if they arrived with our customers, now Icontact gives you stats on the emails you've sent.

iContact review by Nancy W.
Nancy W.

"Great technical service!"

What do you like best?

I love the templates when I'm in a hurry and want it to look it's best.

I also appreciate that I can reach someone on a live chat when I need them.

What do you dislike?

It isn't as user friendly as it could be and I can't use bullets that I want.

I would like more holiday images and backgrounds for Christmas especially.

I'd rather it be a little wider than long so I can fit it to a letter size page if I need to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a new way to send information to your clients and very reliable without the headaches of going through a commercial printer.

It saves our company time and money so I can get done what I need to and move on to other responsibilities.

iContact review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"A Flexible and Powerful Tool for Marketing and Outreach"

What do you like best?

With a wide selection of inviting layouts incorporating bold and colorful graphics, iContact is a great way to reach our readership and subscribers with ads and marketing alerts. We use multiple user alerts, which are easy to manage and maintain. I also applaud iContact's user friendly interface

What do you dislike?

I regret that we're no longer able to use Imgur for newsletter graphics. Using iContact's image library is more than adequate, but there are a few more hoops to jump through to make sure graphics adhere to iContact's file size limits

iContact is a fun and effective way to reach out to our readership, a great way to remind them that we're their source for arts, entertainment and happenings in town

iContact review by Moses W.
Moses W.

"icontact helped use optimize on email marketing. "

What do you like best?

Great autoresponder for business, easy to use, affordable, enables you to create schedule and send quality marketing emails, offers free trial version to new users for test and learning purposes, helps in managing email subscriptions ensuring the subscribers receive mails at the most appropriate time which increases chances of securing checkouts on website and event attendance, easily connects with social media giving you wide market coverage.

What do you dislike?

Has had problem with delivering html codes especially to gmail users the emails some times remain in spam folder and that's a waste no one will read spam messages. This has created suspicion of some messages but its good for communication especially scheduling employee or team newsletters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

icontact makes marking easy its good to give it a trial I hope they will ensure the issue with deletion of html codes is solved otherwise if that is done everything else is just great to use.

Communication, wide market coverage, marketing.

iContact review by Mark D.
Mark D.

"E-mail Marketing Simplified"

What do you like best?

The ease at which I can design a spectacular looking e-mail while at the same time keeping track of all of our different contacts in one place.

Switching between HTML and their "easy use" design form is a breeze, depending on what I need to do.

Being able to test send the e-mail and check to see if it may be recognized as "spam" is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

The customized e-mail sign-up form can be finicky at times and doesn't always cooperate with our website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform - easy to use and worthwhile.

We're reaching more customers more consistently. Getting easily designed great e-mails out on a regular basis has grown our customer base which has lead to more sign-ups, more opens, and more sales overall.

iContact review by Jonathan W.
Jonathan W.

"The most efficient email platform I have used!"

What do you like best?

I like all the responsive templates, and over-all user experience.

What do you dislike?

There are some glitches when you enter your own HTML code, but with basic troubleshooting it's not too bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a email development software to try choose iContact. They have a huge selection of great responsive templates to choose from. You don't have to be technical, but if you decide to develop your own code there are options for that too. My company have been using iContact for more than 5 years with no problems... I believe you will say that same after trying them.

The business problems iContact solves for my company is email development efficiency and appeal. The biggest benefit would have to be analytics and AB testing options.

iContact review by Jean Dale G.
Jean Dale G.

"Best Email Marketing Program"

What do you like best?

iContact is simple to use. I use it for all my clients and personal needs. I have had to use ConstantContact and MailChimp for certain clients and that is why I only use and suggest iContact as a mailing program.

With iContact you can click all your mailing lists and send one email out to all and it won't dup the email. With MailChimp you can only send to one mailing list at a time, so if customers overlap you are going to send duplicates which cause people to unsubscribe.

Customer service is excellent. I just call them with any questions.

I have certain clients who are very illiterate on the computer, but they are able to figure it out.

What do you dislike?

Of course it would be nice if it were free like MailChimp but that is just a silly dislike I am writing because this says I must write something that I dislike.

MailChimp does offer an automatic re-sizing of photos instead of having to size them small before uploading. That would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can always get excellent support from iContact, so just call them if you need anything.

Before using iContact I tried to send emails to large numbers of people. Using iContact has allowed me to send millions of emails over the past 10? years. I tell all my clients to use iContact in order to take care of their marketing needs. It has made me look good to the clients that I have sent to iContact.

iContact review by Bernie L.
Bernie L.

"An efficient well designed e mail marketing service"

What do you like best?

I have been using iContact for a number of years now. As I am not trained in computer design I needed a program that was relatively easy to work with.

iContact has provided this for me, and I am pleased to say, from customer feed back the regular e mails I send are well received and admired.

The recent revisions to the design platform have made a marked improvement in the finished look and have made it so much easier to work with.

The functionality of the list management and data collection has enabled our business to continue with steady growth.

I have recommended iContact to a number of fellow business owners and will continue to do so.

Thanks, Bernie. Print Decor, Australia

What do you dislike?

Like all computerised software sometimes they don't always function as planned. On occasion I see a message "something went wrong" and the and progress is halted for a short time.

Regular promotion to our customer base, resulting in a regular steady flow of walk in and on line customer purchases.

iContact review by User

"Allows us to Efficiently Relay Time-Sensitive Information"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using iContact for mass emails to our customers and employees. It's important to relay information about our business and iContact allows us to do that without the messages getting flagged as spam. I appreciate the reports for the emails I send. Having this data makes it easy to present to the team and executives when needed. I also appreciate the scheduling feature which allows us to send information out any time of day.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the new layout within iContact nor the fact that I cannot attach documents to the emails I send. If we had the ability to add attachments, I would be able to use the program even more than I do now, and that would be a huge plus!

Recommendations to others considering the product

iContact is easy to use and is great at keeping lists of contacts. The scheduling feature is incredible useful as is the report generated after sending a communication out. It would be even better if iContact allowed for attachments to the emails.

Using iContact allows us to relay time-sensitive information to our customers quickly and efficiently. We also enjoy the unsubscribe feature, as it allows our customers to manage the communications they receive.

iContact review by Christina O.
Christina O.

"Easy to use email marketing solution"

What do you like best?

iContact is an easy, out-of-the-box product for email marketing including newsletters, announcements, surveys and so much more. Before the changes to the interface, it worked well, but now with the recent upgrades, it's much better.

What do you dislike?

The survey feature needs a lot of work. It's not even functional right now. Once you create and release a survey, you cannot edit it and the options for sharing and analytics are pretty minimal. I understand this is not a key feature for iContact, but if it is offered, it should be effective. It would be nice to have a configuration similar to something like survey monkey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully consider the number of contacts you will need to communicate with. We did an analysis of our patients and are finding that we did not allow for growth so we either have to delete contacts and upload new lists to stay within the constraints of our licensing or purchase more contacts.

We have 9 locations with about 15 departments within those locations where we need to communicate with our patients. Sometimes we communicate with all, sometimes a subset based on locations or other criteria. It is so easy to create mailing lists and target those patients using lists. We often export data into csv or xls files in order to upload them to contact lists for targeting emails.

iContact review by S. Michael H.
S. Michael H.

"Long term iContact Customer"

What do you like best?

iContact's customer support is outstanding. The few support-related issues I have experienced with iContact have all be solved correctly and promptly. Also, iContact is outstanding an maintaining whitelist status with all of the major email providers. We have never had significant issues with getting our emails delivered.

What do you dislike?

I have no major dislikes with iContact. I wish they had more robust options for sending test emails to multiple people, but this is a minor irritation, not a significant problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't choose an iContact competitor based on price alone. iContact seems to be willing to negotiate the price in many circumstances.

We use iContact to send email newsletters and occasional advertising or fundraising emails.

iContact review by Administrator

"Best Strategists, Very Helpful Tech, Easiest Email Marketing Out there"

What do you like best?

Honestly, the Account Strategists and the Tech Support Staff are above wonderful. They are patient, resourceful and they care about not only the success of my business but they also have great ideas about small changes that create big results. They keep our email fresh and I never have to worry about doing anything that might get us tagged as spam or worse. They monitor everything so I have time for other channels that need more babysitting. Our next step is auto-responders and list segmentation and they have made this process easy and stressless.

What do you dislike?

There are so many good ideas, we have to really decide what is next, what priorities are and how to move towards those goals. This isn't a bad thing just lots of options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Email marketing is important still but the goals have to be defined. Decide your message and make that the MAIN message but you can include other info but know that too much text or complex concepts get lost in email because it is quickly opened or scanned.

We have a large UN-engaged list but we're learning how to engage and what to do for more clicks. We want to stay in front of our customer without being "~another~ email" in the inbox.

iContact review by Valentina A.
Valentina A.

"EASY AND BUSY"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and gives you enough space to store users and images. Through this email newsletter program I can easily send beautifully designed emails to hundreds or thousands of subscribers at once. It is 0a great way to share news, announce new promotions, share new product features—or even send out an annual email update to all of your friends and family. It can organize your contacts into lists, add new contacts easily via a signup form, send beautifully formatted messages in a half-dozen clicks, and analyze how your email performed.

What do you dislike?

The graphics is sometimes a little too simple, I would like more variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it even to people who are not familiar with this type of programs. I would also recommend it to people wh need to send beautifully designed emails to hundreds or thousands of subscribers at once. This program is great for large groups and scheduled sends as it makes it as easy to send an email to everyone as it is to send a message to one person.

I can keep constant contact with my users and I can update them with our company news in a very easy and satisfactory way. By reading statitics after sending the emails, I can also keep track of the people who are reading my newsletters and know who is really interested. Years ago, that might have required paying for a newspaper ad, publishing a press release, or printing and mailing a flyer. Today, reaching our customers and contacts is as easy as clicking a button in an email marketing app.

"iContact Review"

What do you like best?

iContact provides a top notch service. They are always available to help with technical problems through their online chat and we have no issues setting up meetings to discuss and plan email marketing campaigns. They have provided great ideas that have led to better open rates. Their drag and drop editor is very easy to use and has a very accurate display of what the e-mail will look like in a number of different devices.

What do you dislike?

There are limits to the amount of emails that can be sent monthly. As well as a limit on the amount of subscribers and file storage space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've used mailchimp and sendinblue before iContact. iContact has by far the bast customer service.

Improving our e-mail open rates through creating more professional and responsive e-mails . Our e-mails have looked a lot cleaner and more professional using their built in e-mail drag and drop editor.

iContact review by Rita N.
Rita N.

"Icontact is alright,can be better."

What do you like best?

First,I must commend the icontact customer support department and how pleasant they make me feel on every occasion,when I have reached out to them for enquiries or technical assistance.I like the mobile and desktop email preview,which enable us ascertain how our emails will look on different screen sizes,thereby ensuring all email recipients get a similar reading experience,not minding the size of their device screen.

Ability to check web link click rate,email open rates etc has made it easier to ascertain which of our email marketing is working and the ones not working.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard doesn’t provide as much data as we need to effectively analyze the performance of our email marketing campaigns.Also icontact needs to works on its third party app. integration,most especially its integration with Salesforce.

We use icontact to reach thousands of existing and potential customers of Pair,via email marketing.

iContact review by Nicholas K.
Nicholas K.

"Saved us a lot of money!"

What do you like best?

Our e-mails always get into the inbox, and we have a dedicated account manager.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to do real time segments. For example, if I want to exclude anyone who has not opened any e-mails in the past 180 days, there is not a way for me to create a segment based on that criteria that updates on its own, that is, if someone who was on the 180-day non-opener list decides to open an old e-mail, they should automatically drop off that list. Similarly, someone who was not on the non opener list yesterday who hits 180 days without opening today, should be added to that segment. Other ESPs have this ability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for mostly basic e-mailing and some advanced techniques.

We've saved over $4,000/mo by switching from a competing ESP.

iContact review by Todd M.
Todd M.

"IContact email messaging service"

What do you like best?

Multiple departments use this service, and each maintains their own distribution list. Many have used IContact's design team to create custom email newsletter templates. It is easy to modify subscribers lists, and I like that the service allows you to resend a message only to the people who did not open it the first time.

What do you dislike?

The biggest pet peeve is the sign-up boxes are a little clunky. Need more design flexibility and the ability to sign up for multiple groups on the same form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out before using another service.

The biggest improvement is that we had different departments using (and paying for) different email services. We were able to create one account with multiple users that generated cost-savings for the county and gave our products a streamlined look.

iContact review by Lynda L.
Lynda L.

"Seamless Client Communications"

What do you like best?

Our firm sends out monthly emails to our clients and prospective clients. iContact makes this an easy exercise with its user friendly interface. It's simple to manage contact lists and prepare communications.

What do you dislike?

I've only had some minor issues with formatting text. Sometimes when you cut and paste text, things don't always line up correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an all in one solution for managing data and communications. I recommend it all the time to other business owners.

Easy to maintain a data base of clients and prospective clients. iContact manages the unsubscribes, which is useful feedback. I also like the analytics, which I use to gauge interest for marketing purposes

iContact review by Ibukun O.
Ibukun O.

"We have stuck with Icontact ,with no regrets."

What do you like best?

EMAIL DELIVERABILITY - It is now much more Herculian to get newsletters to deliver successfully into the inbox of email users, as email providers are continuously getting better at protecting their users from spam mails.While this is a good development ,it has had some effect on the deliverability rate of newsletters. However,we have stuck with Icontact for the past three year period ,and its email to inbox delivery rate is very much impressive ; giving us the conviction that our newsletter will continually hit our target recipient inbox.

POWER OF CUSTOMIZATION : Icontact has provided us with the freedom to freely customize our newsletters.We are able to customize and modify everything and anything we deem fit for customization. Padding , colour , font etc

MOBILE FIRST : As much as some of my colleagues at work tend to want to disagree, the world has become a mobile first world,and our Icontact analytics has proven that continuously. Therefore it is important that newsletters we send to our emailing list , are perfectly compatible with their smartphone OS and screen size. This Icontact ,has done very effectively and has only resulted in more success for our email campaign.

What do you dislike?

Icontact needs to improve on its integration capabilities.We use Microsoft dynamics as our Customer Relationship management program at my workplace. However , we are unable to integrate it with our icontact. Which if it was doable ,would open a new door of opportunities to our marketing team.

We use icontact as a launchpad to deliver newsletters to our recipients email inbox. It has thus helped us in exploring a very cheap channel for us to grow our customer base.We have also leveraged on analytics provided by icontact to measure the performance and effectiveness of our email marketing approach and tactics.

iContact review by Adebukola A.
Adebukola A.

"Our email campaigns keep getting better."

What do you like best?

icontact is intuitive and very easy to understand for first time users ,without the hurdle of having a technical background before being able to use this effectively.It has got great email templates too , and unlike what we had with Mailchimp ; we are able to customize the templates on icontact to meet our preference.

It provides us with important real time analytics needed to measure the effect of our email campaigns and see how our newsletter recipients interact with our emails; ensuring we are constantly measuring and improving on the efficiency of our email marketing approach.

What do you dislike?

Will be great to be able to integrate icontact with Livechat. In time past with Mailchimp , we were able to integrate it with Livechat ensuring ,new web visitor emails were automatically added to our emailing list. This is currently not possible with icontact.

icontact enable us target potential and existing customers with professional looking newsletters . It has got an high inbox delivery ratio ,ensuring our customers do not miss out on any of our newsletters. While being able to measure our customers interaction with our newsletters in real time.

iContact review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"Best for Business"

What do you like best?

iContact is a very user friendly platform. They are constantly updating to make it a better user experience and they do listen to the requests and suggestions for their users.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't a lot that I don't like, other than you cannot send individual emails. For example, we do giveaways and would love to send an email to the winners utilizing the themes and templates, however, this option is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As stated before, this platform is very easy to use. I had no prior training on this product and was able to use it without any trouble.

The reporting is great! We are able to segment lists, do split testing. It is a very useful tool for the digital age we live in.

iContact review by Rosemary N.
Rosemary N.

"iContact allow us keep the communication open with our customers."

What do you like best?

As a sales person ,I realize the importance of good customer support to a business and "good customer support '" is what I like most about icontact. I like the intuitiveness and how everyone on the digital sales team at Iroko gets to use icontact with little or no programming knowledge.

It enable the sales and marketing team, segment our email contact list using important consumer metrics like ; last purchase date , purchase frequency , location etc . While enabling us setup customized workflows which automatically send regular emails about new movie offers to just the right contacts.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about iContact. Maybe better integration with social media ; particularly with Linkedin Business ; since a lot of our users are professionals.

We use iContact for email marketing. It provides us with an excellent inbox delivery ratio and also enable us know when an email recipient opens our email . Thus over the last few months, we are learning to send emails to only recipients who have a track record of reading our newsletters , thereby reducing the risk of getting our emails restricted by major email providers.

Overall ,it enable us keep the conversation with our customers continuous ; even on occasions ,when they aren't patronizing our services.

iContact review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"iContact Pro is Great!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to build comprehensive workflows. These workflows allow for greater automation, which makes my life as a marketer easier! I also love the support team. Our Strategic Advisor, Kate, is helpful and responsive. She is a rock star!

What do you dislike?

We're having some issues with open/click discrepancies, which affects our reporting and analytics. I'd also like more comprehensive analytics. Kate pulls reports for me each month with full stats, but I'd like the ability to do this myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an ecommerce company operating on a custom platform, iContact doesn't have the same reporting that other ESPs might have. I think that you can connect with Shopify for your ecommerce analytics, but if you don't have Shopify, there's not much in the way of ecom metrics and reporting.

We used a different ESP for about two years until we realized that utilizing their automation features would cost us way too much money. We switched to iContact, and I've been able to implement tons of automated workflows that would've cost my company hundreds of dollars a month with the other ESP.

iContact review by Administrator

"Great Program for ANYONE!"

What do you like best?

I like that it's a program that anyone can use. I have a graphic design degree and really utilize those skills to create the best emails. But before I was in charge of our email marketing, another staff member was using it. She doesn't have the technical knowledge that I do and was still able to produce great looking emails with the included templates. It's a program that can truly be used by anyone, no matter your skill set.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I actually have any dislikes for this program. I have to use another email marketing program for a separate business division and iContact is LIGHTYEARS ahead of them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It's wonderful. You won't be dissapointed. You will be disappointed you wasted time on other software!

We are able to better compete for our share of the home improvement market. I am able to quickly make professional & attractive emails to promote the sale of products on our ecommerce website as well as our physical locations. We get the word out about special sales, events and the latest addition to our website... our blog!

iContact review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Making emails fun and easy"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, great services, always on top of things. I can make changes myself and when I need help they are ALWAYS available to help with anything. Changing up your email blasts is so easy to do to keep your viewer engaged and when you want something special, the design team will do a great job and in such a short time! If you ever have any issues your rep or customer service will answer them.

What do you dislike?

I can say I do not have any complaints I could say about iContact. It is so easy to use and such great designs, what could you say bad about that? You have so many options at your fingertips, and if you see something missing and you tell them, they will have the issue fixed in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, has all the features that other companies seem to lack. Don't be deterred because of the price, you will get such great service and designs that it will all be worth it and no regrets will be there.

It is a great way to get news out in a high design, but easy to use format. They are always up to date with new changes and ahead of other competitors. I am able to track all emails, see the analytics, who is viewing them, which makes it great to reach out to our contacts and continue to engage them.

Learn more about iContact

iContact Videos

Learning about iContact?

* We monitor all iContact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.