iContact

iContact

82 ratings
777.810
Compare Watch a Demo
Professional email marketing from iContact helps businesses of all stages and sizes get results. From the small business just getting started to the professional marketer looking for strategies to maximize campaigns to the high-volume sender with 15,000 to 5 million+ subscribers, iContact offers a plan to meet every need.

iContact Reviews (77 reviews)

• Analytics and Social Media could use some work and offer no distinct advantage over free services like Google Analytics or Hootsuite. The reporting gauges are a nice...Read More
    0 pcd07bokzyh8nqqwy8x87qz14p5dnqqwy5j87zwdfjljwgidkkj13v0i9tl ctz5jtf38tje10u
    Joe G.
    Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
  • As an IT guy, my constant concern is getting blacklisted when we send out mass-mailings--iContact is one of the vendors that helps us to alleviate this problem. By...Read More
    Rusty P.
    Administrator in Medical Devices
G2 Crowd User: Joey H.
Updated On
Validated Review

Glitchy, outdated, and generally buggy

What do you like best?

I came into a new marketing position at an events-based company. There were leftover templates pre-created in iContact by the previous marketing associate. I liked the fact that I could just reuse these templates, or use them as a working grounds for customizing succinct messaging with relevant information, which I assumed would be more efficient for campaigns. I was terribly wrong.

What do you dislike?

The editing features on iContact are outdated. The image upload has a 200k limit. The image upload was glitchy when loading. The text formatting was glitchy (issues with bolding text). The draft save didn't always work. Sometimes it saved. Sometimes it loaded previous versions. This caused severe issues when sending emails.

I've caused customer support several times about these glitches. A customer representative from iContact actually told me that because of recipients recognizing the server information of iContact, over several years time, it may be likely that the unopened emails would eventually move the iContact server (our company) into the junk mail folder, reducing the open rate of our subscribers. When asked if they had created a solution to correct for this issue, they had none.

Today, a previous draft email made its way to our recipients, instead of a current email. My hope was that the email could be retracted. I called customer support to explain the issue, and he...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not buy their product.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Marketing for events. Marketing automation. Clear communications. iContact presented issues against many of our goals.

Response from Denise Edwards of iContact

We certainly are sorry to hear of your negative experience and we appreciate your feedback. We will review your interactions with our Support team... Read full response

G2 Crowd User: Chris F.
Validated Review

Great starter option for email marketing

What do you like best?

iContact does a great job of working with and educating the end-user to insure that all technical needs are met in order to easily distribute content via email to a list of subscribers. List set up and management is easy and painless. The library of preformed templates is diverse and offers several template options for every situation. Keep in mind, you will need to edit these templates relatively rigorously to insure that they maintain your brand identity, but that is a struggle for any template situation. The visual editor is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced features (a-b testing, segmentation, etc) are difficult to implement and/or their value is poorly communicated - They feel a bit like after thoughts. The html editor is clunky, and there is no means of testing for compliance with individual email providers within the iContact system - a serious blind spot. Having native testing and a "pre-mailer" like html/css compressor would make this a better long-term solution for any serious email marketing group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a sound product if you know what you're getting. If you need

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have been able to seriously increase our customer reach as we now maintain top-of-mind awareness with existing customers by making contacting at least three times a month, leading to 16-25% run rates over the past 6 months since implementing an email marketing plan.

G2 Crowd User: Steven P.
Validated Review

iContact allows us to manage many lists and quickly get the right information to the right people.

What do you like best?

iContact lets you easily manage numerous contact lists and create messages tailored towards a specific audience. You can send rich emails that you otherwise wouldn't be able to send through Outlook, GMail other email providers. We have way too many contacts to keep track of through an in-house system and we don't distribute all information to everyone. iContact creates simplicity where there would otherwise be chaos. The ability to track who opened, forwarded, didn't open, etc is a great asset when you want to know if your audience is valuing your message. I often find it helpful to use the resend a previous message, which means I don't have to recreate the message from scratch. This is a huge win, when time is of the essence. I highly recommend others take advantage of all of the benefits of iContact.

What do you dislike?

The MessageBuilder is a bit buggy but generally there is a work-around. If the system allowed for boxes that could change in size based on the user's preference that would be the icing on the cake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. Whether you want to create HTML messages and code it yourself or if you want to use a message builder to design the look and feel yourself - iContact is the solution for you.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Without iContact our numerous distribution lists would be a mess. iContact has allowed us to easily manage thousands of contacts and quickly tailor the information that we send to them.

G2 Crowd User: Beth N. D.

Longtime User

What do you like best?

I have been working in the remodeling industry for many years, first as an office manager in my family's company and now as a consultant to other remodelers and I have ALWAYS used iContact. I love the ease of use, the self explanatory features and the comprehensive support that is provided.

I have been growing a following online of fantastic remodelers and iContact allows me to segment my growing list to ensure the right messages are getting to the right people. I have tried other mail services but iContact has all of the features I want without the headaches I want to avoid.

What do you dislike?

There have been times when my ability to send has been frozen due to high usage and, as a writer on the side, I would like to be able to send to email addresses that begin with "editor@" but neither of those things would ever prohibit me from continuing my relationship with iContact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what features you specifically want from an email program because, once you start to build a list, it is not a pleasurable experience trying to move everything. IContact is a good place to start, build and maintain.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I have a "busyness" problem in my company right now where there is so much to be done that I forget to do certain things. Email marketing is not one of them because I can set it and forget it.

I also like to track responses (clicks, etc) to see what messages are resonating with my audience the most.

G2 Crowd User: Jessica S.

iContact Review

What do you like best?

The ability to see opens and clicks, schedule emails for different days and times, and customize emails to fit our branding standards are the main benefits to our company. Additionally, being able to store several different large email lists is critical as we have separate businesses under our parent company that send varying marketing messages to different lists.

What do you dislike?

Some of the dashboards are hard to navigate. Also, it is sometimes difficult to find specific functions when creating an email. For example, I have to consistently remind myself how to send a test email because it's hidden in the 'message' bar. Some of the functions that are frequently used should always be visible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes some time to learn how to navigate the different dashboards and screens. However, there are a lot of features you gain with iContact compared to other email marketing programs.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have enhanced our communication with our customers and provided them with important information in a timely manner. We're able to easily direct customers and employees to our website to learn more information, or to online training webinars by including the links in the emails. Then, we're able to measure the success of various emails through the opens and clicks.

Tags

* We monitor all iContact reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about iContact?