IDC

IDC provides market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the IT, telecom, and consumer technology markets.

Work for IDC?

Learning about IDC?

IDC Reviews

Ask IDC a Question
Showing 1 IDC review
IDC review by Stuart Andrew C.
Stuart Andrew C.

"IDC very useful for management consulting company research"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the industry taxonomy, which is essentially a description of the various segments that might make up a given industry (for example, Cybersecurity) and how all these industries relate to each other to build into bigger industry categories. The use of taxonomy is very consistent through all the research and data and so, once you become familiar with the taxonomy, it is very easy to find what you are looking for.

I find the website clean, simple, easy to use. There are not a lot of login hoops to jump through. I can be on the site and find what I am looking for in a few seconds. Having said that, the site does still look a little old.

I also get excellent client support from our client rep. He is incredibly helpful and very responsive.

What do you dislike?

While I know price rises are part of the contract, I find some of them egregious. This year, a 12 month extension of our contract would have resulted in a 6% price increase. I feel this is not a one-off. They do this every year - but reason that if I sign a 2 year contract the 6% increase will be staged 3% each year. I feel like this is too high pressure and there is no transparency in pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think IDC are pretty unique in what they do - if you work with one of their covered industries (for us, technology), then this is an invaluable tool to help predict the future: what is growing and what is not. I would say shop around but its so unique that I suspect you won't find something comparable. When you negotiate, make sure you get some additional extras thrown in - for example, passes to their annual (and excellent) conferences, some dedicated analyst hours.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IDC

What Technology Research solution do you use?

Learning about IDC?

* We monitor all IDC reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.