IdeaScale

Learning about IdeaScale?

IdeaScale Reviews

Ask IdeaScale a Question
Showing 13 IdeaScale reviews
IdeaScale review by Charles F. L.
Charles F. L.

"Innovation Engine!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to acquire, install and use. It's a highly reliable and scalable platform idea generation and management. Customer support is high quality. The user community is vibrant and shares ideas on how to use and improve the platform. Our students, faculty, and staff find it to be a very valuable tool.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a few useful enhancements, for example, the ability to clear leaderboards or have leaderboards by campaign but, overall, I dislike very little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that due diligence is done with others in your industry that currently using the system effectively. Plan your rollout with your functional and technical teams carefully. Build communication and marketing plan and execute them well. Build effective, scalable, and sustainable models for reviewing and managing ideas and implementing those that make sense. Have consolidated campaigns. We had too many open ended campaigns on a myriad of topics and we worked recently to consolidate them. Follow up with idea generators on a regular basis. Determine how to report on ideas generated and their current status and report regularly to campus stakeholders (e.g. student government) and your organization's executive leadership.

We use IdeaScale to allow students (most especially), faculty, and staff to suggest, comment on and vote on ideas on how to improve all aspects of University life. We use the platform to allow technology professionals to suggest, comment, and vote on ideas for improving technology at the University, for improving the IT organization, and for suggesting charitable and service organizations that we should partner with during our annual Week of Service.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IdeaScale
IdeaScale review by Danielle N.
Danielle N.

"Excellent value for money! Excellent support "

What do you like best?

I’ve used IdeaScale twice in different work environments on flagship innovation projects. As the Program Manager, I relied heavily upon the IdeaScale team to help me with successful implementation and I was extremely happy with the result!

What do you dislike?

I have a background in software development so I’m always going to notice opportunities for improvement, but to be honest, the system has come a long way in the last 5 years in particular. I’m a long time user and I would choose IdeaScale again for sure. Excellent value for money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you won’t be disappointed. Best value for money.

Trying to deliver innovation programs at scale without a flexible, process driven tool like IdeaScale is impossible.

I always come back to this tool because of the features, I haven’t found anything this good for the price. I especially appreciate how easy it is to get SSO authentication setup and to appoint multiple judging panels and even configure weighted criteria. I haven’t been able to find any other tool that has the same level of customisation in the stage gate design. I really enjoy working with IdeaScale and putting it to the test in new environments with new challenges!

What Idea Management solution do you use?

IdeaScale review by Christa W.
Christa W.

"IdeaScale Helps Optimize Internal Communication"

What do you like best?

I feel like the people at IdeaScale understand our organizational goals and want to help us achieve them, giving us an external perspective and new ideas for how to get there.

What do you dislike?

It's a deep and complex platform that we, as a non-profit, don't have the resources to develop, optimize, and support.

Trust building amongst distributed staff. Front-line staff path to bring benefit in terms of customer outcomes forward.

IdeaScale review by Dina M.
Dina M.

"Excellent Product - Great Implementation Process"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use IdeaScale. The process is intuitive and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - IdeaScale is easy to use which has increased adoption rates.

We needed a user friendly way to collect ideas to improve the experience for our members (customers) and a solution that would allow us to easily communicate to the submitter where their idea was in the process from submission to implementation. We used another solution but it wasn't user friendly so adoption numbers lagged. When we implemented Ideascale, we saw our adoption rates go through the roof.

IdeaScale review by Mehrez H.
Mehrez H.

"Simple and Scalable"

What do you like best?

IS provides a platform so that every stakeholder is involved early on to make sure the idea is well on track from its inception.

What do you dislike?

Nothing special. As far as I am a using, which is relatively short, I still did not encounter something I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to to account for each and every idea in your organization, optimize the time cycle, and get everyone involved in early stages, go for IdeaScale

Streamline ideas and optimize the idea lifecycle. Properly manage time and resources, and account for each idea.

IdeaScale review by User

"IdeaScale Review"

What do you like best?

It helps in share and collaborate the ideas and feedback from anywhere.My team has been able to prioritize their work and ideas best suited for implementation. Helps in maintaining the innovation pipeline for better implementations.

What do you dislike?

To access to more and customized features we need to upgrade to premium plan and pricing becomes and issue for this .sometimes exporting to excel and privacy setting becomes a concern .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great Brainstorming tool and helps in idea generations. Its very flexible and can be customized.

We wanted to run through the ideas with in the Program in our organization and gather ideas and share the details with all in the team. We used it as an Brainstorming tool on various topics.and provided valuable insights for senior leaders also.

IdeaScale review by John S.
John S.

"Great support"

What do you like best?

No matter what kind of question I have they are there to support me. The team really wants my initiative to succeed, and they do not get tired of me asking questions to get it just right.

What do you dislike?

Do budget some time to learn the software. I didn't come from a software background so it did take a while to understand how all of the many options fit together. It is good to have those options. It just takes time to learn them.

Innovation and change management.

IdeaScale review by User in Financial Services

"GReat experience, very easy to navigate."

What do you like best?

The speed of the program, and its easy of access. Even the most novice of users and employees are able to use the program. They are able to learn and create a positive experience with it each and every day.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the newer feels of the program. There is too much upvoting/downvoting and not enough people utilizing it to comment on ideas or projects. It doesn't seem to organize the best from the worst very efficiently, if there was more customization I think it would work even better.

We are solving new projects and ideas that our employees and clients provide to us. We find the values of these new initiatives and see if we can project a possible timeline of adapting to the new ideas.

IdeaScale review by Caroline B.
Caroline B.

"First ever Crowdsourced Government Reform Challenge - FixCal.org"

What do you like best?

After a thorough review of all crowdsourcing challenge platforms (and contemplating building our own) we selected IdeaScale to run the Fix California Challenge (http://www.innovateyourstate.org/final_fix_california_challenge_winners_announced) which resulted in over 450 ideas submitted through the online platform and privately as well as thousands of votes and comments. We set a low bar to entry since the design of the project was to encourage public participation and were overwhelmed by the quality, quantity and nature of the discourse of the community. IdeaScale staff were instrumental in the success of the Challenge - working with us closely prior to the launch, during the Challenge to advance stages and address any issues we had, and even after close of the Challenge listening to our experience in order to continue to improve their product. We heartily recommend them to work with!

What do you dislike?

There were some limitations in ability to customize the pages (even on the white paper version) and to prompt users to share which I believe IdeaScale is working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recomend working with IdeaScale for crowdsourcing!

The Fix California Challenge (http://www.innovateyourstate.org/final_fix_california_challenge_winners_announced) resulted in over 450 ideas submitted through the online platform and privately as well as thousands of votes and comments. We set a low bar to entry since the design of the project was to encourage public participation and were overwhelmed by the quality, quantity and nature of the discourse of the community.

IdeaScale review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"User-friendly with great customer service"

What do you like best?

It's incredibly user-friendly, the site is easy to design, and it's a one-step process for new members to join. The best feature, however, is the customer service. Everyone is incredibly friendly, responsive and helpful (and IT help is literally 24/7!). Our IdeaScale reps went above and well beyond to help us get our program off the ground - they became true partners. IdeaScale is also constantly evolving to provide an even better user experience. You can't go wrong!

What do you dislike?

This has nothing to do with IdeaScale itself, but you have to jump through quite a few hoops (security-wise, etc.) to get something like this implemented in the government space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

If executed thoughtfully, crowdsourcing can be a great way for leaders of a bureacratic organization (or any organization) to hear (interactively) from the people doing the actual work, whether they are seeking new ideas or specific information. Ideascale is a great first step to building a strong crowdsourcing program. We've used Ideascale for a number of crowdsourcing "challenges" whereby executives ask staff for feedback or new ideas spanning the gamut from technical processes to social outing preferences.

IdeaScale review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Fantastic for Crowdsourcing "

What do you like best?

Very simple and user friendly way to gather ideas and opinions from a large group of people or company. Helps drive innovation and success in a large corporate setting.

What do you dislike?

None at the moment. I am still exploring all the different interfaces. Adding photos to campaigns could be simpler.

Innovation in the consumer good market. Instead of relying on a select few in the R & D department for innovation, innovation can be sourced from everyone.

IdeaScale review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Excellent Staff Support, Cool Crowdsourcing Platform"

What do you like best?

Working with an experienced Innovation Strategist. The ability to really tailor the platform experience for users.

What do you dislike?

The flip side of being able to tailor the platform experience is having to figure out what all the options are. Also wish there was a way for people to participate without having to sign up for an account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take full advantage of the company's staff Innovation Strategist. She has proven invaluable in moving us through the process of open innovation.

Employee engagement, diversity and quantity of innovative ideas.

IdeaScale review by User in Higher Education

"Used for collecting ideas from customers in a user friendly GUI format"

What do you like best?

It has a very easy to use interface. Easy to review other ideas, rate the ideas and provide comments in a forum like manner.

What do you dislike?

It is not a free application, hence there will be competition in the future with lower prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not an expensive product. Good for collecting feedback in the form of ideas from employees.

Employees provide ideas to fix problems at work. It's a great benefit for the employer as they can address the issues by acting on the ideas provided by employees.

Learning about IdeaScale?

* We monitor all IdeaScale reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.