iDraw

iDraw is a powerful feature-packed vector design and illustration application, available for both Mac OS X and iPad. All of the tools you need to create everything from detailed technical illustrations to beautiful works of art.

Work for iDraw?

Learning about iDraw?

iDraw Reviews

Ask iDraw a Question
Showing 15 iDraw reviews
iDraw review by Lamin K.
Lamin K.

"The essentials in vector graphics in a simple but powerful package at a great price"

What do you like best?

This review is for the Mac version of Graphic. There are also apps for Ipad and Iphone.

Graphic has easy to use vector drawing tools, like freehand drawing, basic shapes, easily modified lines and a great text tool. Hard core Adobe Illustrator users probably are going to miss more advanced editing, but for about 30 USD you will probably not complain to much.

Something else to like is the automatic adjustment lines that does a good job of finding edges, centers and other key points useful for aligning objects.

The app seem to handle many file formats, as long as the file is using vector graphics. It opens Adobe illustrator files if you just change the file extension to .eps, for example.

Graphic uses plugins, but some does not seem to get updates anymore.

Autodesk bought Idraw from Indeeo in 2015 and the app is since then called Graphic.

What do you dislike?

Some good plugins, like Add anchor points seem to not gett updates anymore.

Creating and editing vector graphics.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iDraw
iDraw review by Peter D.
Peter D.

"Amazing Value: a full-featured vector design app for very little $$"

What do you like best?

Although this app has changed hands more than once it remains a solid, feature-packed, inexpensive alternative to other vector drawing apps. The interface is clean and intuitive. Extensive Import/Export. You can even copy the SVG of an object directly to clipboard. iDraw/Graphic is my go-to app for DTP needs.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is a little sparse; often I have to look at tutorials for other vector apps and then translate into iDraw/Graphic (hoping that it will work the same). Not much to dislike for $30Cdn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't used other vector apps like Illustrator in a long time, so I can't speak to their functionality. If you're a professional designer, you might give iDraw/Graphic a pass. However, at $30Cdn this is a no-brainer for anyone else.

I use iDraw/Graphic to design posters/brochures/artwork for business and community groups I'm involved in. I also use this app to edit and create SVG icons for development. I can select an object and copy SVG code directly to the clipboard.

What Other Design solution do you use?

iDraw review by Sarah P.
Sarah P.

"Great for Graphics"

What do you like best?

This is a good program that can help along any business with being able to set up pamphlets or other marketing material at a higher level than just by using Pages or Numbers.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have all of the fluidity like InDesign. Yet it has some features which are easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, it is, because it is getting to the point where it is just as good if not better than InDesign. There is a little more ease of use. It depends on what system you are using. Since our organization uses Apple materials iDraw was very useful.

We are solving the issue of making some of our own pamphlets and materials at a much higher level by being able to use a more in depth look to those materials.

iDraw review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"It’s just a vector program"

What do you like best?

I really don’t like anything abou this application in particular, it was an adequate vector editor, but with the added bonus of having to pay money for it. Inkscape can do everything I tooled around with in this, but is free and I can read the source code.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike having to pay money for something that is available as free/libre software, especially when the freesoftware version is every bit as good.

It has the benefit of drawing things, in a pixel independent manner.

iDraw review by Daniele P.
Daniele P.

"A quick vectorial software"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of use. I like so much the option of exporting in several formats and the automatic generation of the swift code.

What do you dislike?

Some functions are too complicated to use and the software is not update so frequently

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very simple software, enough power, enough cheap. Recommended for quick and simple graphic

I am solving the problem about graphic. I am a web developer and I need a simple software to generate vectorial graphic, logos etc. etc.

iDraw review by Jesús B.
Jesús B.

"Rapid application based on vectors"

What do you like best?

Excellent application to make drawings through vectors, the best of the application is that then this image can be exported to our favorite graphic design app on our mac or pc

What do you dislike?

It should expand to other platforms. And until now I do not know if it offers a free version

Design from my iPad from anywhere. I can easily design images required for the websites that I make

iDraw review by Brandon C.
Brandon C.

"Amazing app for my photography needs"

What do you like best?

I like the various tool options! Really let’s me create my own vision.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the limitations in the app. I wish it had all the features of photoshop like cloning and healing features.

I have realized that there is no limit to my creativity when using this app. It allows me to create beautiful works of art and has increased my overall sales.

iDraw review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Very easy to use, intuitive"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I greatly enjoyed about this application is the ability to pick it up without much training. Another thing that I enjoyed is that it allows users to collaborate.

What do you dislike?

It does not seem like a full feature program. There are aspects that I miss when using this product. If these aspects were added then it would seem like a full feature product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a product that's very easy to use. Does not require much training.

The ability to have multiple users interact on one platform.

iDraw review by Sophia P.
Sophia P.

"iDraw simplifies graphics"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create shapes from photos. Great for logos!

What do you dislike?

Not as many options as photoshops so sometimes I need to use both.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very intuitive product, could be learned simply by playing around inside of the portal.

Use mostly for logo and flyer designs

iDraw review by User in Computer Software

"iDraw Review"

What do you like best?

The tutorials attached to their website are surprisingly robust, and really help.

What do you dislike?

It's not quite as powerful as other software in the same wheelhouse. I do think though, that the simplicity of the features and interactions makes up for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is best for those that don't require a software with really robust features. It's capable, but it's not exactly Illustrator. It has an ease of use though, that helps make up for this.

icon design, logo design

iDraw review by Erin A.
Erin A.

"Great for logo design"

What do you like best?

I like that it has the preciseness of Autocad, but the great look that makes logos engaging. Price is good too.

What do you dislike?

Would like it to export different formats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good for the price, even though it is not Adobe.

Logo design is the main problem solved.

iDraw review by Stefan B.
Stefan B.

"Very cheap alternative to Illustrator or CorelDRAW, but only for OSX or iPad"

What do you like best?

While very cheap, it still is a very capable and versatile vector graphic design application.

It shines in web- and user interface design.

You can use it to prepare a mockup website and even export shapes as CSS code, which is nice for gradients and rounded corners.

You can also export multiple layers as single images at once, e.g. for hover or on-click button states.

The snapping to other objects, with live alignment guides and also grid snapping remind me more of CorelDRAW rather than Illustrator (which was a plus for me).

If you also buy the iPad version, you can sync design between both platforms.

The interface is black and shiny and fits in with PixelMator and other OSX specific design applications.

What do you dislike?

No diagramming options: it is not possible to create connectors between shapes.

Rescaling shapes with image-fills might rescale the fill, which can be finicky.

Only on OSX or iOS, so it might not be available for you. And it can only be bought from the Apple App Store, which might not be ideal for business situations. That said, you can install it on multiple machines (e.g. desktop and laptop) and have free upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While not a full alternative to Adobe Illustrator, the software is a capable and usable Vector editor. Give it a try.

Instead of upgrading my Adobe Suite or buying a CC subscription, I'm trying to realises as much as possible with iDraw and PixelMator. So far, it works fine.

iDraw review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Easy to work with. "

What do you like best?

The program is easy to navigate. I was able to just dive in as soon as it launched.

What do you dislike?

There really was not anything that I disliked.

Currently the only business problems I have is the ability to not work. However before I did not run into any business problems.

iDraw review by User

"Good For Creative Companies "

What do you like best?

I like the how user friendly IDraw is, it is not a hard program to learn or teach.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to connect IDraw to more platforms.

This program works well for our creative team, to share and brainstorm new ideas.

iDraw review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The tabbed documents make it easy to move from one file to another.

What do you dislike?

Wish it were as powerful as Adobe Illustrator

Cleaning up documents sent to us from the parent company.

Learning about iDraw?

* We monitor all iDraw reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.