IEPWriter.com

With IEPWriter.com, it's easy for education agencies to manage documentation for their special education students. This web-based solution allows professional staff to collaborate on Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) from anywhere they have a web connection, quickly and securely.

Work for IEPWriter.com?

Learning about IEPWriter.com?

IEPWriter.com Reviews

Showing 10 IEPWriter.com reviews
IEPWriter.com review by <span>Maria B.</span>
Maria B.

Very Robust Software for Special Education Tracking

What do you like best?

Software is easy to use and integrates with many other software products such as student information systems and state mandated tracking systems. Support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features it can be overwhelming to understand where everything is located in the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time initially to get the students imported as complete as possible.

Creating IEPs, sharing them, receiving them from other districts for transfer students and giving access to outside contractors.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IEPWriter.com
IEPWriter.com review by <span>Estella G.</span>
Estella G.

Special Education Teacher

What do you like best?

The uniformity of how the program is set up. It is easy to see where information needs to be placed and looks extremely clean when finalized and presented to the parents.

What do you dislike?

The deleting of information once I save my information that I have typed into IEP writer. I asked for it to be fixed more than once and continues to be an issue. This is extremely frustrating when trying to write and show an IEP to a family.

n/a

What Special Education solution do you use?

IEPWriter.com review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

Expensive, but works

What do you like best?

The fact that it has great suggestions and is a huge time saver. I do no have to spend a lot of time searching for appropriate goals for my students to achieve.

What do you dislike?

It is fairly expensive for what it does. About $50 per student every year. This can add up quickly when you have a large class. Really this is the only downside as so many teachers are paying for supplies out of pocket and this could potentially add to the drainage of money coming out of a teachers' paycheck if a school cannot afford it. The software itself is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is very good software, but it is also expensive. Weigh how much your time is worth to determine whether this software is right for you. If it saves you enough time, it may be worth it. Definitely see if your administration can buy it or reimburse you in full for the software.

I am having less trouble finding appropriate goals for my students to achieve since I do not have to look for them in multiple places, just here in one spot. I am saving a lot of time.

IEPWriter.com review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

Good program

What do you like best?

Clear, easy way to organize documents and student information. Home page has valuable information and some of the reports are helpful.

What do you dislike?

You can only run reports for the present time, not the whole year or going back at all. Also, you have to retype some information that should carry over and there are no Spanish versions of documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Submit recommendations. They do try to make improvements.

I need to keep track of all Special Education documents for our students. This allows me to have them all in one program.

IEPWriter.com review by <span>Travis M.</span>
Travis M.

Director of Special Education

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. I am able to monitor my teachers with deadlines. I am able to transferred complete files to other schools who use IEPWriter. I have used it for at least ten years now, and I LIKE IT!!!!! I like being able to customize reports. Makes completing PENN Data reports easy. The customer service is excellent. Our Intermediate Unit uses IEPWriter, so it makes it was to look for errors in Penn Data. I am able to make text banks for my teachers. This prevents errors for certain documents. We use it for special education, gifted education, and 504 students.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I think it is a great program! I would recommend this program to other schools. Because I have used this program for at least ten years, i am very comfortable with it. When IEPWriter goes down for upgrades, and I do not have access to it. i am so used to having access 24/7, I have to realize they do need to make upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure what to recommend, it is just a very good product. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a special education database. Make sure your current database has all of the necessary information. They will assist in transferring this information (at least they did with me).

I am able to monitor my teachers.

I can develop text banks.

Excellent customer service and support.

I am able to run reports for needed information.

IEPWriter.com review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

Easiest IEP Program I've Used to Date

What do you like best?

After 12 years in special education, goal writing can still be difficult and stressful. This program has customizable goals with pre-written objectives to choose from, or create your own. Saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I have had problems printing, not sure if it's a software problem or not.

I'm at a small school but still have 18 yearly IEPs to write and maintain, this program makes it so much easier to keep my records updated and compliant.

Learning about IEPWriter.com?

* We monitor all IEPWriter.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.