IEPWriter.com

With IEPWriter.com, it's easy for education agencies to manage documentation for their special education students. This web-based solution allows professional staff to collaborate on Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) from anywhere they have a web connection, quickly and securely.

Work for IEPWriter.com?

Learning about IEPWriter.com?

IEPWriter.com Reviews

Ask IEPWriter.com a Question
Showing 10 IEPWriter.com reviews
IEPWriter.com review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"Very Robust Software for Special Education Tracking"

What do you like best?

Software is easy to use and integrates with many other software products such as student information systems and state mandated tracking systems. Support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features it can be overwhelming to understand where everything is located in the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time initially to get the students imported as complete as possible.

Creating IEPs, sharing them, receiving them from other districts for transfer students and giving access to outside contractors.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IEPWriter.com
IEPWriter.com review by Estella G.
Estella G.

"Special Education Teacher"

What do you like best?

The uniformity of how the program is set up. It is easy to see where information needs to be placed and looks extremely clean when finalized and presented to the parents.

What do you dislike?

The deleting of information once I save my information that I have typed into IEP writer. I asked for it to be fixed more than once and continues to be an issue. This is extremely frustrating when trying to write and show an IEP to a family.

n/a

What Special Education solution do you use?

"Expensive, but works"

What do you like best?

The fact that it has great suggestions and is a huge time saver. I do no have to spend a lot of time searching for appropriate goals for my students to achieve.

What do you dislike?

It is fairly expensive for what it does. About $50 per student every year. This can add up quickly when you have a large class. Really this is the only downside as so many teachers are paying for supplies out of pocket and this could potentially add to the drainage of money coming out of a teachers' paycheck if a school cannot afford it. The software itself is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is very good software, but it is also expensive. Weigh how much your time is worth to determine whether this software is right for you. If it saves you enough time, it may be worth it. Definitely see if your administration can buy it or reimburse you in full for the software.

I am having less trouble finding appropriate goals for my students to achieve since I do not have to look for them in multiple places, just here in one spot. I am saving a lot of time.

IEPWriter.com review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Good program"

What do you like best?

Clear, easy way to organize documents and student information. Home page has valuable information and some of the reports are helpful.

What do you dislike?

You can only run reports for the present time, not the whole year or going back at all. Also, you have to retype some information that should carry over and there are no Spanish versions of documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Submit recommendations. They do try to make improvements.

I need to keep track of all Special Education documents for our students. This allows me to have them all in one program.

IEPWriter.com review by Travis M.
Travis M.

"Director of Special Education"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. I am able to monitor my teachers with deadlines. I am able to transferred complete files to other schools who use IEPWriter. I have used it for at least ten years now, and I LIKE IT!!!!! I like being able to customize reports. Makes completing PENN Data reports easy. The customer service is excellent. Our Intermediate Unit uses IEPWriter, so it makes it was to look for errors in Penn Data. I am able to make text banks for my teachers. This prevents errors for certain documents. We use it for special education, gifted education, and 504 students.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I think it is a great program! I would recommend this program to other schools. Because I have used this program for at least ten years, i am very comfortable with it. When IEPWriter goes down for upgrades, and I do not have access to it. i am so used to having access 24/7, I have to realize they do need to make upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure what to recommend, it is just a very good product. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a special education database. Make sure your current database has all of the necessary information. They will assist in transferring this information (at least they did with me).

I am able to monitor my teachers.

I can develop text banks.

Excellent customer service and support.

I am able to run reports for needed information.

User in Education Management

"Easiest IEP Program I've Used to Date"

What do you like best?

After 12 years in special education, goal writing can still be difficult and stressful. This program has customizable goals with pre-written objectives to choose from, or create your own. Saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I have had problems printing, not sure if it's a software problem or not.

I'm at a small school but still have 18 yearly IEPs to write and maintain, this program makes it so much easier to keep my records updated and compliant.

"An OK Software"

What do you like best?

It keeps all info in one place. Was great to be able to access the files.

What do you dislike?

Its not very intuitive or user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please do a good comparison to all available software, don't just decide because this is the best known one.

TI provided a platform to store and access IEPs for all students, also to edit them in the system. The benefit was having the information readily available and accessible via web based software.

IEPWriter.com review by Doug R.
Doug R.

"Great program that makes IEP's easier."

What do you like best?

Everything! I use it every week and it is a wonderful product.

What do you dislike?

Not connected enough to emis. I don't have any issues with this product. Making me write 40 characters is crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works. It is a wonderful product and works.

Shorter time to write IEP's

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

I like that you an save goals/objectives to a user bank. Sometimes when writing IEP's we find ourselves saying the same thing repeatedly. With this function you can copy and paste certain things used often.

What do you dislike?

The software will SOMETIMES not save your work as you go along. If you are not active for 59 minutes, it will log you out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product because of the easy of use.

The time factor is benefical.

IEPWriter.com review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Supervisor of Pupil Services"

What do you like best?

The data management aspects of the program allow for easy report generation and state report submission. Teachers and administrators can easily and efficiently manage their student rosters and complete paperwork.

What do you dislike?

I wish it would more efficiently interact with out other student data management system. (this may be an issue with out other student data management system)

Improving efficiency in completing requirements and managing the huge amount of state and federal requirements

Learning about IEPWriter.com?

* We monitor all IEPWriter.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.