IFS Field Service Management

IFS Field Service Management is a best in class, end-to-end solution that provides service organizations with the most complete, connected field service on the market.

Work for IFS Field Service Management?

Learning about IFS?

IFS Field Service Management Reviews

Ask IFS a Question
Showing 24 IFS reviews
IFS review by Executive Sponsor in Oil & Energy
Executive Sponsor in Oil & Energy

"Early days with FSM"

What do you like best?

The FSM application that was designed for our current needs has been very simple to roll-out to our staff. The system is highly customization which while being very powerful can also create issues if you are not careful.

What do you dislike?

We have struggled with the implementation methodology perhaps due to the approach on only deploying a very small part of the overall FSM solution which is not a typical model for how the software is sold.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time up front to clearly define your business requirements

Build the right plan for implementation support

Don't under estimate the effort to define business scenarios and testing plans

Current use of the application revolves around the need to locate and reconcile the existence and critical information on 300,000+ assets deployed at customer locations. The benefit of leveraging a mobility solution is the elimination of a paper tracking system when had been the previous approach with limited success.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IFS Field Service Management
IFS review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"FSM Review"

What do you like best?

The application is clean, easy to use and really configurable. It's easy to meet business requirements and set the application to do processes you need it to do.

The application also evolves over time. Meaning new features that maybe a customisation for one customer, is now a base line feature in a new release. Over the years we have seen the FSM product develop and have been able to take advantage of the new features.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that needs customisation as opposed to a configuration inside the application, then it means a request for service. The services offered by IFS for FSM are great, however it does mean delays if the business haven't factored this in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it simple, then devlop the processes over time.

Two area's we are actively working on are;

1. Integrated stock checks and ordering with our primary supplier for parts.

2. Potential to update training documentation using Solutions for different vehicles and how to fit certain glass parts to a vehicle.

Both aimed at taking advantages of new features and enhancing the user experince.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

IFS review by Administrator

"It's been a wild ride....and I'm ready for more!"

What do you like best?

Seems like there's always something new to learn!!!! I like that I'm slowly learning the Studio and UI designer. I'm self teaching myself SQL so that I can learn more about lobby's. I really like the user friendly-ness of the system. I like the notifications, both to our Client users and also to our mobile users.

What do you dislike?

Some of the screens are unchangeable. Just to add an required field on the billing generation screen would cost $3k!!! It would be nice if IFS offered more workshops offered for users, not necessarily system admin level but more just an admin level so I can teach my admins more and they can have more knowledge of the basis that Metrix offers. Some admins just know/want to know the basics. If they would utilize what is in front of them, their jobs would be so much easier! Also would like if the scrolling notes was available on requests, the same way as it does on the place record. I would like the Lobby function to NOT be based of SQL...less for me to self teach with no IT background! I haven't really figured out the purpose for vouchers. We don't use them unless we receive an error when billing. Other than that, we skip the entire voucher process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn as much as you can from the very beginning!!!!!

How other companies are doing their business and how we can improve our processes.

IFS review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great product and Service"

What do you like best?

IFS has a lot of capabilities. Whatever ideas we come up with that could better help our needs, it's possible to create. Not only are we able to configure the system as necessary for our needs, the IFS team is always considering our ideas for new updates. This most recent update, 5.7 has a great new look and efficiency. Our support team at IFS has also been so helpful and a joy to work with. I think that is one of the most important things when working with any company--that you get the support you need when you need it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the struggle it can be to install the mobile app. It's not a very hard process, but it's not intuitive to users who are not tech comfortable/savvy--it's not as easy as many are used to with just going to the App Store or Playstore. We are looking to combat that but using program where we can push updates and install the apps from a central location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product that can be molded to fit your company's needs, and the support is great.

We're able to easily manage our technicians' schedule, where they're at, communication, and their data for invoicing. With lobbies we're able to easily visualize anything that has fallen through the cracks or needs attention, i.e., unbilled charges, old tasks needing to be completed, open quotes, etc. A couple new features we're able to use with this update, 5.7, is a follow-up task screen on the mobile app that allows users to create a follow-up task for them or someone else to go back out there and finish the job another day, a view of all unassigned tasks under their team, which they can pull from when they need additional work, as well as a geo-fence that can trigger status changes when a tech enters the vicinity. These are just a few of the new features that are going to improve our efficiencies and make our folks job better.

IFS review by Executive Sponsor in Construction
Executive Sponsor in Construction

"Fully configured asset management in a cloud solution"

What do you like best?

the important data elements are all built. I am not wasting time building objects and I can focus on process and solutions.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve, the system is so rich that there is an inherent complexity that must be learned to reach the full potential of this tool. Definetly a "big boy" system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how many users and the kind of mobility options you want. Super robust and configurable which also means requires expert staff to configure , maintain and develop new processes going forward. Best solution out there for the larger service providers.

multi trade, multi business unit integration on a single platform where before we were supporting many solution instances. With cloud we can focus on the business instead of disaster recovery.

"Nice software"

What do you like best?

That it makes it easy to schedule things and really helps me organize my life. It also helped me increase out business and our productivity. I really recommend it. It's similar to Microsoft Outlook because it helps with the same stuff. You can actually get a free quote online for this software and see how much it will cost for your business. We used it for alternative medicine, but you could really use it for anything you desire like larger hospitals or even local primary care offices. I mean it's a good thing to keep your patients organized and make sure everyone is on track. I like that it is easy to get a quote and install. It also isn't mainstream which is super important to me.

What do you dislike?

I think it cost too much and sometimes fails. It also helped me increase out business and our productivity. I really recommend it. It's similar to Microsoft Outlook because it helps with the same stuff. You can actually get a free quote online for this software and see how much it will cost for your business. We used it for alternative medicine, but you could really use it for anything you desire like larger hospitals or even local primary care offices. I mean it's a good thing to keep your patients organized and make sure everyone is on track. I like that it is easy to get a quote and install. It also isn't mainstream which is super important to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mostly scheduling and organizing. It also helped me increase out business and our productivity. I really recommend it. It's similar to Microsoft Outlook because it helps with the same stuff. You can actually get a free quote online for this software and see how much it will cost for your business. We used it for alternative medicine, but you could really use it for anything you desire like larger hospitals or even local primary care offices. I mean it's a good thing to keep your patients organized and make sure everyone is on track. I like that it is easy to get a quote and install. It also isn't mainstream which is super important to me.

IFS review by <span>Joshua W.</span>
Joshua W.

"FSM's growing features are answering the call for our business"

What do you like best?

The ability to configure the system to meet our businesses needs.

What do you dislike?

There is still room to improve documentation about the best practices for configuration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest is the services upfront to help set up and configure the system. It will pay. Also, attend some of the classes so after they help set the direction during implementation, you can be more self service on enhancements and additional configuration.

The ability to efficiently schedule work tasks, manage work order data, invoice work completed, and communicate with our clients about work being completed.

IFS review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Flexible Software and fits needs of many companies "

What do you like best?

I think it's a great software and the reporting module allows so much flexibility creating reports, which was a main purpose for my use.

What do you dislike?

Lots of unneeded steps you had to follow when dealing with multiple entities. Not so much customer friendly, sometimes seemed like they didn't know the answers to their bugs in their own program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is straight forward and it has a lot of applications that are user friendly and is very adaptable.

Benefits are it works well with quick books, easy to use, and tracks technicians on a map. It's very easy to navigate once comfortable working in it. Being a web based navigation, its able to be used anywhere.

IFS review by <span>Elyse M.</span>
Elyse M.

"Complicated but useful"

What do you like best?

It isn’t the easiest to learn at first but when you know how to use it, all the tools you need are on it. It is an all inclusive way to have accounting in one place.

What do you dislike?

The interface is slightly complicated to navigate st first. The home screen has many options that get confusing. Uploading pricing is a pain

Condensing billing and accounting to one program.

IFS review by <span>Jennifer M.</span>
Jennifer M.

"Detailed but difficult to navigate"

What do you like best?

The aspects of how detailed you can get

What do you dislike?

Difficult to find certain options to mange different aspects of the parts being entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. Yes there are many options but its worth it.

To maintain inventory and to universalize all product structures both new and old with all three locations. Easier to track the status of each order to compleation.

IFS review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Can't give this a 10"

What do you like best?

The ease at which the system can be manipulated definitely makes things easier. Being able to add notes to work orders is very handy, and easily done with this application

What do you dislike?

The hardest thing about the maintenance side is trying to find the asset ID's with in the system, also having to use multiple windows to conduct one complete action is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use layout, tracks technicians on a map, works well with Quick Books.

IFS was a great software choice if you have multiple countries that you need to consolidate. The reporting module allows you flexibility to create reports.

IFS review by User

"Great software, however with a long learning curve"

What do you like best?

The buttons are tablet like, makes it nice to navigate, a lot of power behind the software

What do you dislike?

The learning curve, it does take a while to learn where all the functions you need are located

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow ample time to train employees

Gives us the ability to track serial numbers as well as share information with our sister companies

IFS review by Administrator

"Good Product for For Field Service"

What do you like best?

Great Web Product that works for many different processes and can be customized to Each Business Requirements. good external interface integration

What do you dislike?

Customer Portal needs work but i believe in the next release it should be greatly improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our Tech Services Department uses the software to manage our clients sites along with there product configurations..

IFS review by Administrator

"Well planned, well implemented and well supported"

What do you like best?

Flexibility and continuous development and new features

What do you dislike?

"Hosted" support has limits on access flexibility. (Web file updates are done by them, not by us).

Support for call center, maintenance agreements, billing. All our service business information is in one place.

IFS review by <span>Malikah A.</span>
Malikah A.

"Limited data analysis capability"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn how to use and export reports from already established

What do you dislike?

Not able to revise forms without IFS IT support

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow users to make customizable changes

Customer order management

IFS review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great!"

What do you like best?

All the features they provide, and they way the software is organized.

What do you dislike?

The look of the screen seem old looking, would like to personalize the screens.

Keeping track of cold calls

IFS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"All in One Product Management System"

What do you like best?

This system can be very user friendly and has endless possibilities for customization. It can be used for full management of inventory, repair and customer records.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can have too many options and be a bit robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Custom interface. Great support.

Inventory management and our repair warehouse tracking.

IFS review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"I believe overall the software and user friendly capabilities are great."

What do you like best?

I like the fluidity of maneuvering through the software, it makes it very user friendly, even if you're just beginning to use it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike at times it will freeze up and out seems the coding doesn't always transfer over fully at times.

It providesa database to properly manage the growing amount of employees we are gaining.

IFS review by User

"Very good experience with our upgrade and recent training"

What do you like best?

screens are user friendly and our reps are top notch

What do you dislike?

reporting functionality limited, need to be able to merge with our ERP system

more efficient scheduling

IFS review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Metrix is simple and easy to customize"

What do you like best?

Our version of Metrix is intuitive and easy for users to learn and requires little IT support.

What do you dislike?

The Logistics functions are buggy, but that's because we're on an old version. Otherwise, no complaints!

We've had to do a lot of customization to allow us to dispatch and track field techs, but again, our version does not have a robust FSM module.

IFS review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Software to support your field rep needs"

What do you like best?

the ability for all the reps to be in sync with any updates

What do you dislike?

i didn't encounter any dislikes at the time of usage

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is good software and beneficial to the needs of any field inspector

When signatures were needed for certain aspects of the inspection, it's at the tech's fingertips

IFS review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Professional! "

What do you like best?

The professional handling of design and altogether approach was very pleasant to expirience.

What do you dislike?

I didn't see or expirience anything I could say that I didn't dislike. Don't change it.

Excellent service management made easy

IFS review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

Simple and easy to use. Gets the information to the technician that is needed

What do you dislike?

The system works well and I don't have any complaints this far.

Ease of getting work to technicians

"Too many developers"

What do you like best?

Once everything is built for your company it works well

What do you dislike?

It seemed to have had many developers with conflicting ideaS and terminology

It has helped streamlined our purchasing

Learning about IFS Field Service Management?

* We monitor all IFS Field Service Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.