IFS Field Service Management

IFS Field Service Management

IFS Field Service Management is a best in class, end-to-end solution that provides service organizations with the most complete, connected field service on the market.

Work for IFS Field Service Management?

Learning about IFS?

IFS Field Service Management Reviews

Ask IFS a Question
Showing 23 IFS reviews
IFS review by Executive Sponsor in Oil & Energy
Executive Sponsor in Oil & Energy

Early days with FSM

What do you like best?

The FSM application that was designed for our current needs has been very simple to roll-out to our staff. The system is highly customization which while being very powerful can also create issues if you are not careful.

What do you dislike?

We have struggled with the implementation methodology perhaps due to the approach on only deploying a very small part of the overall FSM solution which is not a typical model for how the software is sold.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time up front to clearly define your business requirements

Build the right plan for implementation support

Don't under estimate the effort to define business scenarios and testing plans

Current use of the application revolves around the need to locate and reconcile the existence and critical information on 300,000+ assets deployed at customer locations. The benefit of leveraging a mobility solution is the elimination of a paper tracking system when had been the previous approach with limited success.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IFS Field Service Management
IFS review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

FSM Review

What do you like best?

The application is clean, easy to use and really configurable. It's easy to meet business requirements and set the application to do processes you need it to do.

The application also evolves over time. Meaning new features that maybe a customisation for one customer, is now a base line feature in a new release. Over the years we have seen the FSM product develop and have been able to take advantage of the new features.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that needs customisation as opposed to a configuration inside the application, then it means a request for service. The services offered by IFS for FSM are great, however it does mean delays if the business haven't factored this in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep it simple, then devlop the processes over time.

Two area's we are actively working on are;

1. Integrated stock checks and ordering with our primary supplier for parts.

2. Potential to update training documentation using Solutions for different vehicles and how to fit certain glass parts to a vehicle.

Both aimed at taking advantages of new features and enhancing the user experince.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

IFS review by Administrator
Invitation from the software vendor

It's been a wild ride....and I'm ready for more!

What do you like best?

Seems like there's always something new to learn!!!! I like that I'm slowly learning the Studio and UI designer. I'm self teaching myself SQL so that I can learn more about lobby's. I really like the user friendly-ness of the system. I like the notifications, both to our Client users and also to our mobile users.

What do you dislike?

Some of the screens are unchangeable. Just to add an required field on the billing generation screen would cost $3k!!! It would be nice if IFS offered more workshops offered for users, not necessarily system admin level but more just an admin level so I can teach my admins more and they can have more knowledge of the basis that Metrix offers. Some admins just know/want to know the basics. If they would utilize what is in front of them, their jobs would be so much easier! Also would like if the scrolling notes was available on requests, the same way as it does on the place record. I would like the Lobby function to NOT be based of SQL...less for me to self teach with no IT background! I haven't really figured out the purpose for vouchers. We don't use them unless we receive an error when billing. Other than that, we skip the entire voucher process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn as much as you can from the very beginning!!!!!

How other companies are doing their business and how we can improve our processes.

IFS review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

Great product and Service

What do you like best?

IFS has a lot of capabilities. Whatever ideas we come up with that could better help our needs, it's possible to create. Not only are we able to configure the system as necessary for our needs, the IFS team is always considering our ideas for new updates. This most recent update, 5.7 has a great new look and efficiency. Our support team at IFS has also been so helpful and a joy to work with. I think that is one of the most important things when working with any company--that you get the support you need when you need it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the struggle it can be to install the mobile app. It's not a very hard process, but it's not intuitive to users who are not tech comfortable/savvy--it's not as easy as many are used to with just going to the App Store or Playstore. We are looking to combat that but using program where we can push updates and install the apps from a central location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product that can be molded to fit your company's needs, and the support is great.

We're able to easily manage our technicians' schedule, where they're at, communication, and their data for invoicing. With lobbies we're able to easily visualize anything that has fallen through the cracks or needs attention, i.e., unbilled charges, old tasks needing to be completed, open quotes, etc. A couple new features we're able to use with this update, 5.7, is a follow-up task screen on the mobile app that allows users to create a follow-up task for them or someone else to go back out there and finish the job another day, a view of all unassigned tasks under their team, which they can pull from when they need additional work, as well as a geo-fence that can trigger status changes when a tech enters the vicinity. These are just a few of the new features that are going to improve our efficiencies and make our folks job better.

IFS review by Executive Sponsor in Construction
Executive Sponsor in Construction
Invitation from the software vendor

Fully configured asset management in a cloud solution

What do you like best?

the important data elements are all built. I am not wasting time building objects and I can focus on process and solutions.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve, the system is so rich that there is an inherent complexity that must be learned to reach the full potential of this tool. Definetly a "big boy" system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how many users and the kind of mobility options you want. Super robust and configurable which also means requires expert staff to configure , maintain and develop new processes going forward. Best solution out there for the larger service providers.

multi trade, multi business unit integration on a single platform where before we were supporting many solution instances. With cloud we can focus on the business instead of disaster recovery.

IFS review by User

Nice software

What do you like best?

That it makes it easy to schedule things and really helps me organize my life. It also helped me increase out business and our productivity. I really recommend it. It's similar to Microsoft Outlook because it helps with the same stuff. You can actually get a free quote online for this software and see how much it will cost for your business. We used it for alternative medicine, but you could really use it for anything you desire like larger hospitals or even local primary care offices. I mean it's a good thing to keep your patients organized and make sure everyone is on track. I like that it is easy to get a quote and install. It also isn't mainstream which is super important to me.

What do you dislike?

I think it cost too much and sometimes fails. It also helped me increase out business and our productivity. I really recommend it. It's similar to Microsoft Outlook because it helps with the same stuff. You can actually get a free quote online for this software and see how much it will cost for your business. We used it for alternative medicine, but you could really use it for anything you desire like larger hospitals or even local primary care offices. I mean it's a good thing to keep your patients organized and make sure everyone is on track. I like that it is easy to get a quote and install. It also isn't mainstream which is super important to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mostly scheduling and organizing. It also helped me increase out business and our productivity. I really recommend it. It's similar to Microsoft Outlook because it helps with the same stuff. You can actually get a free quote online for this software and see how much it will cost for your business. We used it for alternative medicine, but you could really use it for anything you desire like larger hospitals or even local primary care offices. I mean it's a good thing to keep your patients organized and make sure everyone is on track. I like that it is easy to get a quote and install. It also isn't mainstream which is super important to me.

Learn more about IFS Field Service Management

IFS Field Service Management Videos

Learning about IFS Field Service Management?

* We monitor all IFS Field Service Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.