IFTTT

IF This Then That. Diversely-integrated API automation platform.

Work for IFTTT?

Learning about IFTTT?

IFTTT Reviews

Ask IFTTT a Question
Showing 75 IFTTT reviews
IFTTT review by Ceta M.
Ceta M.

"Streamlines my online sharing workflow considerably"

What do you like best?

I use this primarily to automatically repost anything I put up on Instagram to my Facebook business page. It saves me a lot of time as it would take me twice as long to go back and add everything I had already put up on Instagram to my Facebook page but IFTTT allows me to do it automatically.

What do you dislike?

Not all the applets work the way they're supposed to and sometimes the one I've chosen has not been updated and I will have to choose another one. I haven't gotten too much downtime from this though, so it's really not that big a deal. The pros far outweigh the cons as far as I am concerned.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots and lots of applets that can help you but even if you only choose one or two it can make a major difference in your work life.

I am able to streamline my social media posting workflow allowing me to spend more time interacting with potential customers and less time fussing over getting my content posted to different networks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IFTTT
IFTTT review by Ahura Z. D.
Ahura Z. D.

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I have business accounts with Facebook, Instagram and Etsy so it can get pretty tedious reposting the same content to each platform, especially when working on a phone! My most used applet is one that takes whatever I have posted to my Instagram account and automatically reposts it to my Facebook business page, cutting my workload for reposts in half.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I love this platform, it is immensely valuable to me and my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you only find one applet that is useful it is worth checking out this extremely valuable platform!

I have been able to cut my workflow in half when it comes to posting on social media, allowing me to reach a wider audience more quickly and giving me time to focus on other necessary business tasks without spending all day on my phone uploading and posting to various sites.

What API Marketplace solution do you use?

IFTTT review by Kate J.
Kate J.

"Automate the boring stuff"

What do you like best?

I've probably gotten back 2 hours a day from the triggers I have set up on the platform, and in a lot of ways just made a more streamlined workflow. Community-sourced triggers help you think of additional possibilities. For a free service, it's fantastic, and really don't think you could ask for more. The service channels are wide and varied and suit both personal and professional life.

What do you dislike?

As great as the community sourcing is, sometimes it can really distract you from what you came there to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to explore - and then the next time you find yourself doing a repetitive digital task - pop back into IFTT and see the different ways that you can automate it!

Automating social media work, creating reminders and triggers off of emails, and auto scheduling calendar events - exactly when I need them. It creates more space to focus on the things that really matter and can have a great impact on your day.

IFTTT review by Darien C.
Darien C.

"Very powerful yet simple to use platform for smart home owners"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the simplicity that IFTTT provides to both people who love tech, and those who struggle with using tech. Setting up an account and connecting apps has never been easier, nor has setting up applets and commands using the multitude of different options available. There is definitely a bit of foreknowledge required to build your own applets, however there are numerous pre-made applets available that are easy to copy and recreate on your own.

What do you dislike?

I definitely miss multi-step applets, similar to those that can be run on competitors, such as Zapier. Also, while there are numerous integrations available, it would be beneficial to see those increase, and to see the existant ones receive further functions (such as Android device; the ability to play a playlist, connect to a google cast device; Google Calendar integrations that go into further detail, like on Zapier)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely is an automation program that I would recommend looking into because of it's ease of use and powerful integrations. The numerous app integrations and built-in functions for each integration make the platform a one-stop shop for most integrations, and the pricing (free!) makes it an easy choice to make over other competing apps.

Full disclosure; I use IFTTT mostly for home automation and smart home controls benefiting from the Google Assistant integration, however I have found IFTTT simplifies daily tasks like tracking work hours and automatically muting my phone during work hours; as well as simplifying Google Calendar events creation & integrating seamlessly with the Google Assistant to help create to-do lists, meetings, contacts, and more.

IFTTT review by Kim R.
Kim R.

"IFTTT is a helpful do-it-all app"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use IFTTT to create applets that automatically run that I use to distribute my social media posts over the different social networks I use.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike with IFTTT, at least for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use IFTTT to do social marketing across the many different social networking platforms I use to get the word out about my business. After creating several different applets on IFTTT, I now only need to post my content on one social media platform, such as Facebook, and the same posting will appear on Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, & more. IFTTT also has many other uses in addition to helping you streamline your social media content postings, but I'm not yet familiar with those aspects of this software.

IFTTT has made it so easy to post to my business' social media networks! My creating several different applets (quick and easy to do) I am able to post on one of my social media accounts and have that content appear quickly on all of them. It is so easy to reach my customer's with new social media content using IFTTT.

IFTTT review by Jaclyn M.
Jaclyn M.

"Integrate your software and automate functions"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to integrate various unrelated software. It truly has an enormous variety of programs that it can work with. I also like the ability to automate certain functions such as silencing my phone based on my location. I like the fact that it can also work with smartphones, using phone notifications as possible actions to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Each software has certain triggers and actions to choose from when customizing what you want to happen. I just wish there were more triggers and actions available, since for some programs, it seems that the options are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at applets created by others, to give you ideas on what kind of features to implement. You can reuse other people's applets or use them as the basis to create your own. If you are an Evernote user, think of all the information that could automatically be added to a note, giving you a permanent archive of (for example): your calendar, Instapaper highlights, tweets, Facebook statuses, etc.

Preventing my scatterbrained self from missing meetings. For example, I have an applet that checks my Google Calendar for the word "meeting" and sends me an email and phone notification 15 minutes prior to the start time. It has also allowed me to have easier access to my information, such as taking any highlights I make in Instapaper, and appending them to an Evernote note.

IFTTT review by Christine Stella P.
Christine Stella P.

"Easy Cross Pollination on Social Media and so much more"

What do you like best?

IFTTT allows our team to enter social media automation and focus on the central work that we are doing. After setting up the profile on IFTTT we can create one post and the recipes do all the heavy lifting. Its great that we can also create, as users, our own recipes to the tools we use the most.

What do you dislike?

i dislike the need for IFTTT to hash-tag all the posts. We would happily pay for that not to be part of the final posts there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely acknowledge that there are better paid services and that there are so many ways to use this product - it can be used for personal account management and so much more. We use it in a limited way that really maximizes one area of our work. Taking time with the set-up is crucial.

We solve for efficiency with the product in major ways. We don't have to worry about the time that we would independently have to expend going to a handful of different websites and create posts in each individually. IFTTT allows us to limit our time spent on revenue generating activities heavily and focus on relationship building.

IFTTT review by Jackie G.
Jackie G.

"Life automated - the coolest thing ever!"

What do you like best?

The number of plugins is astonishing. You can hook up your google drive (including sheets, calendar, etc.) which has been super cool for collecting a history of your actions - such as each of your tweets. And with the ability to hook up to your email, you can easily organize responses to outreach. I'm in Marketing and track campaign activity so this comes in handy.

What do you dislike?

So far, there's not much to complain about. I guess my only issue is that I haven't toyed around with the massive amount of options there are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out their integrated apps and imagine how you could utilize it to keep things more organized / efficient. It doesn't hurt to give it a try and test it with your team. You'll be amazed at how much you can do with the platform. It's especially helpful to those who manage social media and might want another way to track the actions taken on different social sites.

General organization and capturing things in a secondary location (such as taking email alerts and inserting the responses into a more organized location - for example, rows in a google sheet that can then be shared with my team).

IFTTT review by Ayo B.
Ayo B.

"IFTTT Makes Managing Your Online Presence Easier"

What do you like best?

I love the number of brands that integrate well with IFTTT. From Appliances, business and education tools there's almost nothing you can't integrate. I like the fact almost every social media platforms can be all triggered which is a great time saver. It's my go to app when I'm away from my desktop as I can manage my IFTTT activity via mobile and tablet,.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the fact that on some of the triggers for social media that you have to add a image url instead of being able to upload it directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an automation tool to link your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms and many more without having to be on each platform every again then this is for you.

I use IFTTT to trigger off social media networks posts for twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and use it to schedule the release of WordPress blog post to send to Twitter. Save so much time and reassurance that once you switch it on you never have to look at it again. Love IFTTT!

IFTTT review by Ksenia N.
Ksenia N.

"One of the most overlooked tools. (*Ahem* Sign Up!)"

What do you like best?

There are too many things you can do with IFTTT, and you can get very creative.

- it's very straight - forward and easy to use

- has lots of great recipes and ideas

- has help tips along the way at all times

- FREE! (But you can pay for some additional features)

What do you dislike?

I dislike that i currently don't have enough time to explore the many options IFTTT offers. The tool is golden.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Grab it! If you are into social media & marketing automation, you need to sign up now and start exploring the many ways this software can help you deal with your day-to-day!

Social listening on Twitter:

- competition

- mentions

- conversations around a specific keyword

- track down tweets, save them to a spreadsheet and automate my Twitter!!

News updates

Reminders

Etc etc

IFTTT review by Elaine F.
Elaine F.

"IFTTT: Productivity & Fun in One"

What do you like best?

The user interface and the app are easy to understand and use. Integrating services is as easy as signing in with the click of a button. The applets you use are well-organized and the suggested applets are often very useful once IFTTT figures out more or less what you're looking for on its platform.

What do you dislike?

IFTTT is definitely set up more for personal than business use, with most of the applets focusing on connecting social media accounts and in-home automated devices like Amazon Echo, Hue lights, Nest thermostats, etc. If you're looking for something for automating business processes that has a more robust offering of integrated programs than Gmail and to-do lists, this may not be the right automation tool for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IFTTT is definitely geared more toward personal use than business use. Zapier provides a similar automation product that is geared more toward business use. Personally, I use both, as they're both free (Zapier does have pricing options for additional features, but they have a forever-free version)

Personally? I'm finding my phone. I lose my phone every ten minutes (it's a problem) and I own an Amazon Echo. Weirdly, it's not a skill on the Echo to call a phone, but through an IFTTT applet I am able to ask the Echo to call my phone - and therefore find it. I don't actually use it for social media because I already utilize Hootsuite to coordinate social media posts for business - but if IFTTT proves to allow more integrations and more task completion without as much cost, it's possible that I'll switch.

IFTTT review by User in Higher Education

"The Best Kept Secret for all!"

What do you like best?

IFTTT allows you to connect all of your devices in one. Social media platforms, to home security, and more! I love that i can connect things together to better maximize my time for business and personal. The best part is it is free! This helps if you are just starting in social media management and don't want to commit to a larger platform. This saves so much time for so many things. You can even have IFTTT text you the weather or news reports every morning! I could honestly spend hours looking through the applets. Additionally, the community made applets help you think of what you may need.

What do you dislike?

I havent found anything to dislike about IFTTT. Every applet works well and helps me stay on track!

Recommendations to others considering the product

GET IT!!!! it is the most useful tool i use hands down. it doesnt take much to learn how to use either. it is very user friendly! anyone can benefit from this whether for personal or professional business uses.

Social media management, time saving, time management.

IFTTT review by Lance D.
Lance D.

"Automate & Simplify"

What do you like best?

IFTTT does a great job of automating tasks across multipled accounts. I don't need to log into each account and repeat the same actions to publish content, or to capture published content for redistribution.

What do you dislike?

Some of the services that operate within the IFTTT environment do not do the specific things I'd want, or some of the services are not yet on board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I first started using it I found it very complicated because I was not looking at it from the right point of view. The name really threw me off. There are video tutorials for everything out there, so if it is challenging for you, start with those.

This works very well with social media, so if you want to publish a promotion to multiple social platforms, IFTTT will offer numerous ways to acheive that with only one act on your part.

IFTTT review by Francesco S.
Francesco S.

"A wonderful and efficient way to connect web services"

What do you like best?

Everybody in these days relies on multiple web services: Gmail, Google Docs, Evernote, the stock iOS or Android apps, and all these pretty devices connected in the Internet of Things ... What IFTTT does is linking them together, through a system of applets made by the user in a very simple way (no need for programming, it's really, really intuitive). As an example, IFTTT could automatically send a completed iOS reminder to a Google Calendar, to keep track of its completion, or turn off the home lights when your phone is at a given distance form home... The possibilities are endless.

What do you dislike?

The free version has a certain lag in some cases, and one should beware about critical tasks since they could for some reason fail. But in general the system is robust and does its tasks well. Sometimes you may wish some other service. They are added over time, try to pull a request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you subscribed to several web services, use IFTTT to connect them all and reach a whole new level of integration and synergy.

As everybody, we use multiple web services, and connecting them is extremely useful. As an example we used IFTTT to keep track of the wether during a year, just telling the system to log the data in a google sheet.

IFTTT review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"Too many IoT and Home Automation Devices? IFTTT should be your first step to connecting it and more"

What do you like best?

IFTTT is an excellent resource for automating so many everyday tasks. From integrating smart home devices to emailing and syncing social media content. I have not found an automated task yet that IFTTT has not been able to help me with.

What do you dislike?

Applet organization could be a little cleaner for general browsing. You are still able to directly search for applets, but browsing can be a little cluttered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great way to automate many routine tasks.

For devices and cloud functionality that we do not have. a direct API or communication link for, IFTTT allows us to perform a variety of different activities that would otherwise rely on such communications. We also use it for broadcast posting of the same content to multiple social media platforms and archiving posts as they are made to Google drive.

IFTTT review by Consultant

"Great tool to set up reminders outside of your calendar or email. Very dependable!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can set up any type of reminder for text or email, based on an event or on a regular time schedule.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I get the IFTTT message, it is jumbled with multiple links that can get confusing. Once I got accustomed to using it, I just ignore those links mostly. I also adjusted the actual data I put into the IFTTT to be more comprehensive, with the link issue in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a dependable outside resource for setting up reminders on many platforms. Sometimes, it takes a bit to get used to the way it all works, if you're not an Apple person, but it is well worth the time to figure it out. I liked it so much, I created a personal account, as well!

Scheduling and reminders are the main use. I've had issues with dependability of calendar or email based reminders, so this is an excellent dependable reminder system. It is invaluable in a high tempo environment. I can also set up recurring reminders for my monthly accounting and business management needs, as well as programming checks, or any other number of things.

IFTTT review by Sagar S.
Sagar S.

"IFTTT - Best service I've ever used"

What do you like best?

I'm Media Blogger and Social Media Activist. I've to cover events and do its LIVE streaming, have to do its social media marketing on different channels at once, and in the end have to write blog on WordPress.com. Since, I've to be highly active on social media plus marketing on different channels. So, I've chosen this product to increase my followers, engaging audience, and marketing on different social networking sites at the same time. And the best thing of this product/service is whatever i want I can do with it. Like, I can create my own applets for marketing on different social networking sites at once, and the best thing is that I can tweet with pictures via Instagram, which previously I haven't gotten such kind of product. So, these two are the main and my favorite features of this service/product. This is the thing which doesn't make it best but also my favorite.

What do you dislike?

There are few channels which are missing, due to which i can not do marketing on such channels. if they resolve this issue then it'll become best and the excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd strongly recommend everyone to use this service. If they really want to grow their business.

I'm working as an individual. I do SMM of entertainment (events, fashion shows, award shows, movie premieres etc.) via it, and because of it I've gained many followers and engaging audience. which is simply WOW.

IFTTT review by Alexandra M.
Alexandra M.

"Let's me keep control of my life"

What do you like best?

It's the most comprehensive way to automate a wide variety of tasks that involves no coding and let's you integrate nearly endless choices of platforms, software and systems.

What do you dislike?

It's certainly not the most user friendly system. There is definitely a big learning curve acting as barrier to entry with IFTTT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn it properly, especially for those tasks most important to simplifying your life. If you look deeply enough into it, it's likely it can do something, integrate something or automate something you never even considered as possible.

This comprehensive system lets me automate tasks, allowing me to spend my time less on busy work and monitoring and more on getting things done and living my life. As a self-employed freelancer, it's easy to let work take over my life. One of the most useful ways that I use IFTTT is by using it to control how and when I receive notifications, so I can be sure that the most important ones get to me right away, while the rest can wait until I'm ready to deal with them. This way I don't have to worry about missing out on great job opportunities or important notices, while also not being continually bombarded with every email that comes my way, disrupting my workflow and my downtime.

IFTTT review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Make your life much more efficient with IFTTT"

What do you like best?

I love the shortcuts this creates. I use a lot of social media apps and having the ability to post on one and then it link to others it works well. Also the ability to automatically backup or move photos to the cloud storage is particularly useful!

What do you dislike?

Not everything is supported, and I get envious of the many new technological advances that I don't yet have when I see them listed in the applet!

Making backing up precious photos etc more efficient, and making my social media posts more streamlined

IFTTT review by Bob T.
Bob T.

"My number one tool for time saving and organising"

What do you like best?

The first thing I noticed about IFTTT was how easy it is to use. I use it to promote posts, record data about incoming and outgoing calls and backup images from my Android phone.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I've not really found anything I don't like. Both the web site and the Android app would well and are fairly trouble free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're tied up with doing repetitive but simple tasks then it's worth checking out what you can do with IFTTT!

As I'm really busy with clients and blogging, being able to create rules to automate simple tasks is really helpful. And that's the real benefit, automating the simple stuff to leave you more time on bigger things.

IFTTT review by Tracy B.
Tracy B.

"Makes my life easier"

What do you like best?

I love that I can use IFTTT to make up for the short comings of other social media scheduling programs.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to forget it's even there working away in the background doing what you told it to do when you try to troubleshoot some other social media scheduling issue...and then things get confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very useful tool for so many reasons. It saves me lot's of time and energy when it comes to scheduling social media.

IFTTT allows me to share between Instagram and other platforms based on a specific hashtag instead of sharing every single Instagram post to another platform.

IFTTT review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"All in one tool"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this service integrates with so many other services across all platforms! A couple of really great examples being, Verizon cloud to Amazon cloud data exchange. I also use their feed reader to post TV shows to my google calendar so I don't miss a single one.

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing that I dislike is when I forgot I changed a password and it disconnects my service on IFTTT and it breaks my recipe but with a quick click i can reconnect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First off check out all the other recipes others have made before making your own 75% of the time someone has though of your idea and is sharing it.

Well I solved the if I want to ride my scooter to work in the morning will I get wet by making a recipe that alerts me to a certain percent chance of rain that delivers it to my smartwatch.

IFTTT review by User in Internet

"Solid and simple integration tools"

What do you like best?

For simple logic connections between apps and services IFTTT is brilliant. It's very easy to set up "applets" to connect services and simplify my life and work considerably. For example, I have set up applets that automatically add native posts from Twitter (my preferred social network) to Facebook and LinkedIn. This allows me to simplify my social media content flow and still reach people I care about who prefer those other networks.

What do you dislike?

The logic is usually restricted to a simple "if this then that" formula. Sometimes more complex equations would be very helpful. For example, I have to have separate applets for each social media service I use when I could combine all of them into one "recipe" with a little more complexity. Sometimes the services I want to connect are not available and/or the actions I want to trigger or act on are not available within the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other services similar to IFTTT that may provide better connections between services if cost is not a problem. The simplest of these, in my opinion, is IFTTT. However, they do lack certain integrations and options that would be very helpful.

Simplifying workflows by automating the flow of content and information between services that are otherwise not connected.

IFTTT review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"IFTTT. Simple, Powerful, Easy. Something for everyone, not just tech heads."

What do you like best?

IFTTT lets you set up 'recipes' that allow the user to make actions happen within the social media, and apps they already use.

Do you want to know when the kids get home from school. Get IFTTT for their device, and set it up. (IF) (THIS) phone is here (via location service) (THEN) send Parents text message to phone.

Want to not have all your photos in FB. Then make a recipe to send FB photos to google drive, dropbox, or upload to flicker.. Etc..

What do you dislike?

With so many things to do it's almost like having too much choice. It can be overwhelming IFTTT should break down into very simple categories. Like (parent will love these) .. or (tracking recipes etc)

Solving problems for social media distribution. Recipes for myself, and personal user as well. It's a great system.

IFTTT review by Maryna I.
Maryna I.

"Great automatization tool"

What do you like best?

IFTTT takes a rather complex idea and makes it simple to use. There's often stuff you can forget to do, or the stuff you need to do often, it becomes so tedious that you can actually forget about it. IFTTT solves this with receipts - automating your workflow and does "something" when "somethign else" happens.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to not like abot IFTTT it's actually pretty bare-bone, but does a lot. The free limits are somewhat low, but that's a little problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you do everyday. Think how you can streamline it. Now go to IFTTT and do this with simple triggers.

Automating some parts of mywork. For example, automatically saving Gmail attachments to my OneDrive account.

IFTTT review by Laura  D.
Laura D.

"Harness the power of the Internet without learning to code"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about IFTTT is that it turns otherwise complicated tasks that I'd never attempt into really easy button-clicks. You can build an appelet for seemingly anything. My favorite are the search notifications that allow me to create alerts for Craigslist. I've been able to snag apartment listings and furniture I likely wouldn't have been vigilant enough to find otherwise.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints - it's great.

As a tastemaker, it's my job to know trends. I use alerts that integrate with Instagram through IFTTT to keep my finger on the pulse.

IFTTT review by Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

"Makes my life way easier!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to get started, especially with recommended recipes. I'm especially happy now that my favorite app, Trello, is finally on IFTTT. I even have a recipe so I can send articles from Pocket to Instapaper, which I can then send from Instapaper directly to kindle - Fantastic!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options for connections. For example, I wish I could add a "star" to Toodledo and have it turn my To Do item into a Trello card. Some connections don't work backward - like I can use Instagram to be the start of a recipe, but I can't automate things to Instagram.

I know this isn't the fault of IFTTT, as much as it's part of what they have access to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - you'll love it! You'll find so many uses for it, and you'll find yourself becoming more creative as you find new ways to try it out.

The way to make this the absolute best is to connect all the channels to accounts you have. They've also got stuff for smart homes - something I look forward to using when I get a few of the smart home items.

I'm using it to automate certain aspects of my social media. One such use I love is connecting my Instagram to twitter, so my image will automatically upload to twitter as well - as opposed to uploading as a link when I use Instagram's link.

IFTTT review by Lee S.
Lee S.

"Great way to automate some pretty funky things. "

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the layout of the site is clear concise and really helps you in the process. The volume of apps and channels you can connect seamlessly and effortlessly. Its brilliant and fun at the same time. I would highly recommend the WIFI recipes that turn it off on your phone and on depending where you are located!

What do you dislike?

More channels that I could use..otherwise its perfect. The channels could be more geared towards specific niches as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it try it and you will probably love it. I know from my own personal experience it works. I can create and administer over 2 hours a day through IFTT which is 10 hours a week saved to do more important tasks.

It simply automates any task I do exactly the same time more than 5 times. If that's the case it automates it for me. That way I save a whole heap of time whilst IFTT works for me.

IFTTT review by Gian Pietro D.
Gian Pietro D.

"a tool to connect different web tools and social"

What do you like best?

The shares in IFTTT are lots and the great thing is that each of you can create one. Thanks to the support of some devices, such as Philips Hue and WEMo switches, you can create actions for home automation. For example, turn on the lights when you approach the house or change the lighting color if the actions of your company soar.

What do you dislike?

There are missing some great web tools and socials, for examples i can't share automatically a blog post on a google plus account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IFTTT is a free online service that enables the automation of certain on-line actions through the use of its recipes. More than 220 online service that you can combine, and this tool is free!

i have to connect some contents on our different social networks, thanks to this tool i can release the same news on different channels!

The flexibility of this service is really amazing, you want an example? You can automatically send a text message to a person at a time when your android phone is in a specific location, or save them automatically uploaded to instagram photos into a folder of your Dropbox or Google Drive.

IFTTT review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Automate multiple cloud services."

What do you like best?

- Huge array of services (channels) that can integrate with this platform, with lots of example 'recipes' from the community to inspire ideas.

- Allows integration between two different services (channels) with ease without the need for any programming knowledge or similar in a 'set and forget' style way.

- Mostly free to use.

What do you dislike?

- More suited to the average user than businesses.

- For some services the range of 'ifs' and 'thats' can be somewhat limited.

- Due to the 'set and forget' nature of the service it's sometimes hard to remember the recipes that you have enabled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have any programming skills but want to link some services/apps together for your own convenience, this is a great free tool to use.

Zapier and Microsoft's new 'Flow' service are similar and may be more suited to business needs.

Allows me to integrate multiple services in my daily life (like Spotify and LastFM) in a hassle-free and convenient way.

IFTTT review by Marco C.
Marco C.

"Good tool to connect web services, although not 100% reliable"

What do you like best?

(I'm reviewing here the web-based IFTTT, not the Android app.) IFTTT is one of my favourite tools to "tame" the increasingly complex portfolio of web services I use almost on a daily basis. It has a lot of available services that you can combine with a simple logic: If "something" happens, than I want something else (from another service) to happen. The only limit is your creativity. Luckily enough, IFTTT offers a good number of pre-configured "recipes" (as they're called) that you can make use of in your routine.

What do you dislike?

Having so many possibilities and many services, sometimes it is not clear whether a service connection fails due to IFTTT or the original service. The fact is that sometimes some recipes don't work as expected (they're never or randomly triggered). Another drawback is that the whole system depends on the availability of external systems, so if one decides to withdraw API support or not to allow IFTTT, your recipe will stop working. This said, those glitches are not very common and generally IFTTT does what it says.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The other competitor is Zapier, which has some nifty features compared to IFTTT. My recommendation is to try both before you make a decision. Zapier isn't free though.

I'll only give one example: we have a customer that needs a specific service for every blog post they publish. Since their website doesn't provide an RSS feed or other subscription services, we created a recipe that sends me an email on each new blog post, so I immediately know whey they write something new and can act accordingly.

IFTTT review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Generally reliable for office use, but not production-ready"

What do you like best?

Simple consumer/pro-sumer service that makes it easy to set alerts and action chains, such as an email when it's going to rain at a site. The interface is simple for a broad number of people to use.

What do you dislike?

It has not been production-ready. Seemingly obvious events have been missed (not clear if it's a spam filter or bad input data) and there are not pro-level debugging tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The pro-sumer level of the product has very little support, but is priced accordingly (i.e., free). Make sure your users are independent if you select that tier. I understand that integration help is available for paid users.

It's an easy way to enable a broad group to set simple triggers for alerts (like emails, but many others are available) when something in the outside world is changing or may change in the future. There may also be deeper triggers and complex IF/AND logic, but we have not utilized that.

IFTTT review by Stefano C.
Stefano C.

"Daily life programming, as easy as it can be"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use, lets the user programme a great variety of actions.

The only thing the app needs is a "trigger" (representing some kind of event) and then it automatically starts whatever action the user coupled with that event. The system is absolutely functional and easy.

Regarding the Android app, which I used, I cannot do anything other than praising the dev team for the good job: no issues whatsoever during my testing (and curretn using) and I find it very complete, I don't feel like I need to go back to the website to do anything.

What do you dislike?

It might not be that attractive to people who are not interested in technology. Plus, advanced settings can be a bit easy to set for the same users (they can be left as default, anyway).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just let the app give you a few examples of what you can do and connect all the services you already use: it's impossible not to find something that can automatise a process you're doing manually.

IFTTT let me automatise a series of actions with literally a couple of taps on my smartphone screen: considering the large number of services it can link to (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and GMail just to name a few well-known ones), there is really plenty of room for everyone to create new "recipes".

Personally, I found a helpful one straightaway: I use both Dropbox and Google Drive and I like them to be synced so to have the same files in them both: one quick rule create and I solved the matter, I don't have to do it manually anymore.

But it's really a service capable of interacting with many others, so one example does not make full justice of how much it can be valuable.

IFTTT review by Chris V.
Chris V.

"Endless Possibilities"

What do you like best?

I love the near endless customization and app integration with this software. I can get iOS warnings when it is going to rain, I get an email every time the President of the United States signs something into law. The compatibility across multiple operating systems such as iOS, Android, etc is great.

What do you dislike?

There isn't support for some lesser known apps, which is to be expected, but it pretty much covers anything you really need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try looking at suggested recipes on their website! There is also a few blog posts like on Reddit that have great suggestions for recipes that really make your life easier.

One of my favorite recipes is every time I add a contact in iOS, IFTTT uploads that contact information to a google spreadsheet! I use this app for personal use, but I could see the benefit in using this on a much larger business scale.

IFTTT review by Jared W.
Jared W.

"IFTTT - Personal Automation, not Business"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to automate stuff...especially to make life easier. IFTTT definitely focuses more on person stuff more than work. Lights, thermostats, Geolocation, Alexa, Spotify, etc.

What do you dislike?

For the most part, business integration is its downfall. I'd love to see more integrations such as those on Zapier

Recommendations to others considering the product

For personal cloud syncing, IFTTT is not bad. For business, there are better choices.

The ability to connect systems that don't typically talk to each other.

IFTTT review by Edward M. V.
Edward M. V.

"Simple and rapid integration of many systems, though it may leave you wanting more"

What do you like best?

IFTTT is a swiss army knife of interconnectivity among various Internet services. It enables the very straightforward integration of all sorts of data sources and physical device that never imagined that they'd be connected together. Simple integrations are very, very easy to implement, and you can do in minutes what would take hours if you coded straight to vendor APIs.

What do you dislike?

The logic that you can embed in IFTTT with the standard interface is relatively simple, and it's not a complete programming language. It's very easy to wish to do something complicated that it looks like IFTTT might be able to do that you can't quite accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking at IFTTT integration, be aware that it doesn't try to be a full-blown coding environment and doesn't pretend to implement every last nook and cranny of the APIs that it supports.

One way around this is to look at IFTTT as an input into more complex message routing systems, for tasks that demand a more complicated system. As an example, IFTTT can be readily made to integrate with IBM's Node-RED platform, and you can encapsulate more complex business logic in that system while maintaining the simple IFTTT interface for most routine tasks.

The most reliable problems I have solved with IFTTT have been current awareness problems, where I have IFTTT set up to monitor news channels and alert me of relevant news.

IFTTT review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Automate Your Life with IFTTT"

What do you like best?

Wide support for almost any popular web application on the Internet. Ready to use recipes and ability to create your own recipes depending on your needs are best features of IFTTT. I automated the social media accounts of my company with IFTTT, right now Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram account of my company is working synchronously without any effort.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, but more integration options and integration with some APIs should be provided for commercial operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be creative and create your own recipes for enterprise level tasks. In fact, IFTTT is providing all the tools you need, but you have to be creative and bring them together for effective results.

IFTTT is synchronizing all our social media accounts without any effort. My company doesn't need to employ someone to take care of social media accounts after we start using IFTTT.

IFTTT review by April R.
April R.

"Using IFTTT is great for creating recurring tasks on Trello"

What do you like best?

It makes it so easy to create recurring tasks on Trello. Unless Trello introduces this feature for free users, I will continue using IFTTT to schedule repeating tasks like checking weekly backups, creating new listings on our websites, sending weekly reports, downloading full backups. etc.

What do you dislike?

The font is huge! It helps new users, especially middle-aged users, but for someone farsighted, it's crazy. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow configuration to reduce the size of the font and images, perhaps? And make it easier to find recipes. The huge icons make it longer for me to search for recipes.

We love using Trello for our projects but I wish it has the feature for recurring tasks/events. While they don't have it, we're going to use IFTTT.

IFTTT review by Darrell M.
Darrell M.

"An interesting approach to social media management"

What do you like best?

IFTTT is a very interesting concept. I love the ability to have different platforms interact with each other, and I love the community aspect, benefiting from the creativity of others.

What do you dislike?

This can be a very difficult platform to learn how to REALLY get the most out of, and a lot of it is just personal daily use and convenience things, such as home automation. Don't get me wrong, that's great and all, but not the best tool, necessarily, for enterprise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IFTTT is going to be very tricky to use unless you really spend some time learning the ins and outs and getting creative with it. I'm sure there are some really great uses buried under the hood...but they're buried, and if you're anything like me you're busy and don't have the time to stop and spend the time to figure it out. I need my solutions easy and presented in a clean, ready-to-use manner. This is more a tool for those who like to tinker, are techies, and have the time to spend on it.

I'm currently exploring how to use this to maximize, control, and grow my online presence. It's helped me track new followers, but so far that's about it.

IFTTT review by User in Design
User in Design

"Unlimited potential, IFTTT connects the web to work for you."

What do you like best?

IFTTT has amazing potential which seems to be growing everyday. The opportunities to make life simpler and more automated are pretty much unlimited. I like that I can create recipes to help my small business. A few examples of ways I use it for business: syncing between Gmail and DropBox, syncing between MailChimp and Gmail, sharing new blog posts via Social Media, and more. There is something for every user no what website or software you're using.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything about IFTTT that I dislike. I suppose the biggest thing is really not having a grasp on it's full potential, so some tutorials would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's something for everyone!

It's easy to use and help makes life easier. The benefits to this are that I am able to dedicate more time to my clients and less time to busy work.

IFTTT review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"There's something IFTTT can do for you and your business!"

What do you like best?

I initially signed up for IFTTT to post my Facebook posts and tweets at the same time. I found another service better meant for that, but I still use IFTTT for business and personal use. I love that there are so many "recipes" pre-made and ones you can create yourself. It connects a lot of sites and apps that normally don't work together.

What do you dislike?

There are some limits to what IFTTT can do. Some of the things I dream up for it to do, it can't.

It's created a lot of automation for the small business I work for, and automation is necessary when you have a small business. We're able to use IFTTT for our social media, calendars and to keep an eye on what our competitors are doing!

IFTTT review by Jean Paul R.
Jean Paul R.

"A strong integration services platform for multiple uses"

What do you like best?

It's free, it has an API for developers and the number of recepies it supports is just to big. You will most of the times find a recipe that fits your needs but in the case you don't, you will always find a lot of integrations and you will have the chance to create and submit your own custom recipes. You can also see the activity log of each recipe, like when did it run and if something went wrong, what went wrong. It also has some interesting social features so you can share your recipes with other users.

What do you dislike?

Some recipes are no longer working, most of the times because the services integrated changed something and it kinda takes some time for ifttt to be aware of this and remove the recipe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with all the available recipes and be patient. Sometimes the notifications can take some time.

When you handle social networks, it's a huge benefit being able to replicate what you post in one social network into another. That's very good for community managers. For people that work with hardware automation tools like the ones provided by wemo, it's also good to have integrations with several services to handle notifications, like being informed via email when a wemo sensor is powered on.

IFTTT review by Yongfeng (Jack) Z.
Yongfeng (Jack) Z.

"Extremely Easy to Use and Develop"

What do you like best?

Suppose every time you update your status on Facebook, you also want to post exactly the same content to your Twitter account. And every time you upload a photo to Instagram, you want it to be saved to your Dropbox as well. How would you do it automatically? Here is when IFTTT comes in. It is short for "if this, then that". Fairly intuitive. You can put whatever you want in "this" and "that".

Channels are Twitter, Facebook, email, Google Drive etc. Triggers are what can be used to prompt an action, such as "New status message", "New photo post", and "You are tagged in a photo" from Facebook. Action is the work that IFTTT undertakes as a result of a Trigger. Examples are "Send me an email" from the email channel, "Create a status message" from Facebook, and even "Update device wallpaper" from the Android device channel.

Now, to get our first job done, we only need "if New status message, then Post a tweet." Just go to ifttt.com, select a Trigger from a Channel, and connects it to an Action from another Channel. That's all you have to do to automate your apps or smart devices. The user interface is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It's just like putting Lego parts together. You don't need to know any technical stuff to make it work. And the service is extremely reliable, I've never experienced any downtime myself.

What do you dislike?

Although my experience at their website is very positive, I don't think their Android/iPhone app is of a equal match. The app's interface is kind of primitive and it took me some time to find what I want. Generally it takes 2-3 steps to go to a specific place. It's just not as good.

And for now the whole experience is fragmented, say if you want to connect your Facebook and Instagram accounts, you'll have to go to IFTTT first, and grant it authorization to your accounts. It would be a much better experience for us users if we can just do it in FB or Instagram, thus making it invisible, yet everywhere. Actually it's what they are trying to achieve this year and I know they're developing their SDKs.

I'm currently using the BMW's channel on IFTTT. I have my BMW send me an email of the map to where I just parked. And I also connected it to hue, so whenever I leave my home with my car the lights will be turned off.

I also have a device (BloomSky) that measures the weather and takes a picture of the sky every 5 minutes in my home, I connected it to my Android phone. Whenever there's a new image, my phone will set it as the wall paper.

There hundreds of Channels out there and people's imagination is unlimited.

IFTTT review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"IFTTT: Automate your social life"

What do you like best?

Is a web-based productivity tool that allows you to interconnect websites and your mobile devices in order to automate tasks. When one thing happens, IFTTT lets you create an automatic reaction.

What do you dislike?

IFTTT can be complicated to first time users. The interface is user-friendly but the technical know-how is kind of tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IFTTT lets you create an automatic reaction.

IFTTT (pronounced as ifft – like gift) stands fot If This Then That. It gives us more info about a certain hashtag that we are using.

IFTTT review by User

"Very useful automation tool"

What do you like best?

The user-friendly interface. There is a large list of integrations that have already been created, that you can just select. It is also very easy to set up new automations, without much expertise needed. There is a large range in the software available to integrate with.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if IFTTT worked with EventBrite, as it currently doesn't.

IFTTT has enabled us to save a lot of time, and get different applications to work together

IFTTT review by Kelly R.
Kelly R.

"Great, free, light automation app."

What do you like best?

The ability to create my own "recipes" to automate tasks. I use a recipe to turn my volume up to max when I lose my phone. I have a recipe to automatically repost information from one social media account to another.

What do you dislike?

Having to sign up for many other services in order to create some automation tasks.

For business, I could see them creating a much more robust platform online but then again, I haven't used it to its full potential yet and I haven't paid a dime for the actual service from IFTTT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look through the pre-made recipes for ideas but then learn to create your own. It is very simple.

Automatically syncing social media posts, reblogging, storing pictures in multiple places automatically.

IFTTT review by User in Design
User in Design

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

I love the Twitter feature. The fact that you are able to post a photo to Instagram and the path directs the photo straight to Twitter is incredible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when you click on and off with the recipes (on/off) button it doesn't register. I've had multiple issues with this as well as the photo not fully registering on Twitter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cross promotion via social channels makes life so easy. Definitely utilize the need to upload everything to your Dropbox channels and google drive.

The benefit is not to have to think of cross promoting via social channels. This has made running my business and personal uses of social channels so easy.

IFTTT review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Awesome Applications - Endless Uses"

What do you like best?

I love how many different programs, social platforms, etc that you can integrate with IFTTT. It’s super easy to set up and turning on/off is a click of a button. Simply amazing app!!!

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about IFTTT. The app is one that is used in my personal and professional lives daily.

Huge time saver; Quick response times to social platforms; “Set it and forget it” type of app - very little maintenance

IFTTT review by Andrea N.
Andrea N.

"I really enjoy IFTTT to move data between applications without writing any code"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to integrate different services and move data around.

I currently have all my data in different services, google docs, dropbox, flickr and IFTTT makes it easy to move then around. Actions on a service trigger an event that causes an action to be executed on another service.

What do you dislike?

I didn't actually find anything wrong with it. They are constantly adding integrations and services and that's great. They also recently added a mobile application as well. IFTTT is focused on consumers, so there are not a lot of integrations for business apps (but Zapier can help for that).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For more business focused tasks, I suggest that you check Zapier at http://www.zapier.com

Making different applications talk together without writing any code, e.g. backing up my gmail contacts to a spreadsheet automatically.

IFTTT review by Cory R.
Cory R.

"Fantastic software for many uses, especially those in social media"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, community that shares recipes, flexibility and selection of apps, additions of features regularly, free,

What do you dislike?

Not open source, proprietary (could go paid or get bought out at any time)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive right in, especially if you use a lot of web services. IFTTT helps tie the web together and can automate social media tasks, web tasks to your email, and tons of capability with Google Products.

We get notifications from Craigslist and RSS feeds, backup text messages to Google Drive, add call logs with customers to a Google Calendar. The possibilities are endless.

IFTTT review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great software for automation"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and integrates with other applications.

What do you dislike?

Some apps we use in business are not yet on IFTTT

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a clear view of your goals and don't try to make one solution fit if you need to then change other processes. This is very helpful for making an automation work when the features are already there.

You can also use IFTTT for other 'recipes' including tweets, but we wish LinkedIn was better integrated

Automation - we use this to add people to email lists, send out offers based on other actions, etc.

IFTTT review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"IFTTT brings the Internet of Things to life"

What do you like best?

Lots of integrations available to automate your life. It's very cool to be able to adjust your Ecobee thermostat depending on the weather forecast or based on how close you are to home (smartphone GPS.) You can also post to Instagram and automatically post the photo independently to Twitter. Lots of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Waiting for more integrations to open up even more IFTTT opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really cool possibilities with IFTTT. Try it!

Using this mostly for personal, not business. May try applying to business in the new year.

IFTTT review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome software that makes coding complex programs as easy as a few clicks"

What do you like best?

I like the Salesforce integration with Slack. It makes it so much easier for me to keep track of all of the accounts that I have won.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many interactions between softwares that I would like to use are unavailable. The list of possibilities is endless and yet the list of options on IFTTT is quite short.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely try IFTTT because it's free and extremely powerful if used in the right way.

I am tracking the success of our sales efforts through integrating Slack and Salesforce.

IFTTT review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Make things happen!"

What do you like best?

Automation at it's finest. Save a lot of time with this tool. You can create "recipes" that make the possibilities endless. Like something you read and want to share it? Add it to Pocket, which can send it to Buffer, which will then post to your social networks. So easy!

What do you dislike?

There is not much not to like about IFTTT. There aren't formulas for everything, but they are probably coming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to learn and easy to use. This will make life easier!

We're saving time. The automation features are great. Create a chain reaction and the possibilities are endless and beneficial.

"great for scheduling"

What do you like best?

I like that is I forget to post on my website, IFTTT remembers and does it for me!

What do you dislike?

It doesnt post all of my descriptions and hashtags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for shceduling! A real time saver.

If there is little time for posting to my website, this takes care of it for me so I dont waste time on it.

IFTTT review by User in Computer Software

"Automation of home and work functions"

What do you like best?

Easy guided setup to create automations, have multiple services setup as triggers to handle social media postings and home security

What do you dislike?

I created a few useful automations, some of the suggested "predefine" automations are not actually useful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check compatibility of your service/device to integrate with IFTTT and automate its actions!

Cloud based automation console

IFTTT review by Chelsea B.
Chelsea B.

"Love having the easy, small things automated"

What do you like best?

That I can send myself reminders & make things happen without having to think about them. (Also being able to trust the software.)

What do you dislike?

I'd like to know more about what I can do with the software. Maybe if they made some tutorials and send them out to users after signup? I don't remember getting anything like that.

Reminders, sending text messages, time management

IFTTT review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"So smart and easy to use"

What do you like best?

User interface is intuitive and clear. Recipe creation is very straight forward

What do you dislike?

One too many steps in recipe creation. The final two steps could be merged into one. I have on occassion assumed I was done but didn't realise there was one more stop

Provide alerts when specifc webpages changed

IFTTT review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Making My Life Easier One Formula at a Time"

What do you like best?

As a single mom and business owner, IFTTT helps me keep all my balls in the air or where they need to be.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything that I dislike about it so far. It has exceeded my expectations regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! Look over the suggested formulas they have available (for free!) and you'll end up finding new ways for IFTTT to simplify every aspect of your life.

UberDork Designs has a non-profit and a for-profit component to it. I also have multiple clients at any given time. IFTTT helps me stay on top of deadlines and schedules for all of them.

IFTTT review by User in Wireless
User in Wireless

"awesome app, but works 90% of the time"

What do you like best?

Automation of mundane tasks. one less thing to worry about in my mind.

What do you dislike?

there's been a few occasions where the automation didn't work. didn't have time to figure out why but most of the time it works OK.

Automating posts between Wordpress, social media and email newsletters. Saves me time to do it only once and have IFTT distribute it on all the other channels

IFTTT review by Preston M.
Preston M.

"Positive"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of its use and the obvious things it does that are complicated logistically but simple on the interface.

What do you dislike?

The lack of channels. I wish everything could be more thoroughly connected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore its functionalities.

Tweeting Instagram images natively.

IFTTT review by Brenda S.
Brenda S.

"Great way to automatically post"

What do you like best?

I like how there are countless things you can set up to run automatically.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very user friendly and pretty self explanatory.

I can automatically share blog posts to google + and many other platforms.

IFTTT review by Marc J.
Marc J.

"Interesting, but confusing"

What do you like best?

The dynamic ability to add many tasks to your hearts desire is nice, but can be overwhelming when starting. The UI is very intuitive and allows for easy tasks creation.

What do you dislike?

The text feature emails and texts you, so I was bombarded with communication when the rule/tasks ran. This got really annoying and was not easy to fix.

It was helpful with reminders, and I know the system allows for any combination of tasks, which makes it interesting if set up correctly.

IFTTT review by User in Internet

"Awesome tool!"

What do you like best?

You can save so much time by automating admin tasks. Something that would take you hours if done manually, takes you 2 minutes to set-up. There's almost an endless supply of recipes for different services - a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

nothing - it's an amazing tool. Looking forward to more recipes to come!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

Trying to achieve a lot in a short time period. It allowed me to scale our efforts with little time commitment.

IFTTT review by Brandon L.
Brandon L.

"Great product for anyone"

What do you like best?

The multitude of recipes, the web apps idea of macros, allow you to create both a personal and professional side of your online life.

What do you dislike?

The search function is not the best, and it is a bit hard to find what you need if you have no idea what you want, but some reading and maybe some googling and you will be able to get started.

Using Facebook, twitter, and other online social media concurrently. Change your photo, update status and have ifttt send it out to every other thing at the same time.

IFTTT review by Administrator

"Automated workflow"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the opportunity to add rules that allow me to have certain photos that I take around my work to a specific file.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to setup, but doesn't take much time. It also very customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to automate workflow

I take photos for publicity for work and now it allows those photos to go into one common Google Drive folder.

IFTTT review by Vallerie P.
Vallerie P.

"Confusing tool but could be useful"

What do you like best?

It’s definitelh creative and with a lot of options

What do you dislike?

I couldn’t find a way to utilize the tool, it was too confusing

Automation problems, I didn’t realize any benefits

IFTTT review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The backbone for our smart home"

What do you like best?

It's a simple, recipe-based tool for connecting various services and products. We're able to accomplish things that individual products simply could never do, because this functions as a switchboard.

What do you dislike?

The recent changes to some of the main services almost made it more difficult to create your own recipes.

I've demonstrated various AI assistants talking to smart home devices for our employees, so they can be aware of how our clients can speak to THEIR customers about these innovations.

IFTTT review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"It works like magic"

What do you like best?

Automating and connecting services without me noticing it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes is a bit slow or hasn't a lot of options for some channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be creative and you will be able to automate dozens of things

Automating tasks and connecting services.

IFTTT review by User in Online Media
User in Online Media

"Iftt"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Works with most of my business apps.

What do you dislike?

Trying to work within the limitations. I can get a basic function for Jita but am a bit limited.

Trello to jira import

IFTTT review by User

"Automation at your hand device"

What do you like best?

Automation of different IOT applications

What do you dislike?

You could only link one user account to a service and not allowed to change it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to handle social media and other mundane task

Elimination of duplication task. It's like a VA working for you without mistake.

IFTTT review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Si quieres hacerlo, puedes hacerlo."

What do you like best?

La facilidad con la que se pueden automatizar procesos.

What do you dislike?

Que ciertas aplicaciones (como One Day) solo permitan el uso de IFTTT en su versión premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si tu lo haces, IFTTT puede hacerlo por ti.

Automatizar flujos de trabajo.

"Must have automation!"

What do you like best?

If you are a busy person, you need automation. IFTTT is the king of automation. Great interface, numerous channels to work with, and growing.

What do you dislike?

With there could be a quick way of switching between accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

Saving TIME!

IFTTT review by User in Higher Education

"Hit and Miss"

What do you like best?

For a free tool, it's great when it works, but some recipes/applets don't seem to work reliably.

What do you dislike?

Some applets don't seem to work reliably

Expanding reach of some social posts

IFTTT review by User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
User in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"I Enjoy IFTTT"

What do you like best?

I like the variety and inventiveness of thw recipes that help make my work and personal life easier

What do you dislike?

I have no current dislikes of this software

Time management

Learning about IFTTT?

* We monitor all IFTTT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.