IFTTT

IF This Then That. Diversely-integrated API automation platform.

Work for IFTTT?

Showing 70 IFTTT reviews
IFTTT review by <span>Kate J.</span>
Kate J.

Automate the boring stuff

What do you like best?

I've probably gotten back 2 hours a day from the triggers I have set up on the platform, and in a lot of ways just made a more streamlined workflow. Community-sourced triggers help you think of additional possibilities. For a free service, it's fantastic, and really don't think you could ask for more. The service channels are wide and varied and suit both personal and professional life.

What do you dislike?

As great as the community sourcing is, sometimes it can really distract you from what you came there to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to explore - and then the next time you find yourself doing a repetitive digital task - pop back into IFTT and see the different ways that you can automate it!

Automating social media work, creating reminders and triggers off of emails, and auto scheduling calendar events - exactly when I need them. It creates more space to focus on the things that really matter and can have a great impact on your day.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about IFTTT
IFTTT review by <span>Darien C.</span>
Darien C.

Very powerful yet simple to use platform for smart home owners

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the simplicity that IFTTT provides to both people who love tech, and those who struggle with using tech. Setting up an account and connecting apps has never been easier, nor has setting up applets and commands using the multitude of different options available. There is definitely a bit of foreknowledge required to build your own applets, however there are numerous pre-made applets available that are easy to copy and recreate on your own.

What do you dislike?

I definitely miss multi-step applets, similar to those that can be run on competitors, such as Zapier. Also, while there are numerous integrations available, it would be beneficial to see those increase, and to see the existant ones receive further functions (such as Android device; the ability to play a playlist, connect to a google cast device; Google Calendar integrations that go into further detail, like on Zapier)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely is an automation program that I would recommend looking into because of it's ease of use and powerful integrations. The numerous app integrations and built-in functions for each integration make the platform a one-stop shop for most integrations, and the pricing (free!) makes it an easy choice to make over other competing apps.

Full disclosure; I use IFTTT mostly for home automation and smart home controls benefiting from the Google Assistant integration, however I have found IFTTT simplifies daily tasks like tracking work hours and automatically muting my phone during work hours; as well as simplifying Google Calendar events creation & integrating seamlessly with the Google Assistant to help create to-do lists, meetings, contacts, and more.

What API Marketplace solution do you use?

IFTTT review by <span>Kim R.</span>
Kim R.

IFTTT is a helpful do-it-all app

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use IFTTT to create applets that automatically run that I use to distribute my social media posts over the different social networks I use.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that I dislike with IFTTT, at least for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use IFTTT to do social marketing across the many different social networking platforms I use to get the word out about my business. After creating several different applets on IFTTT, I now only need to post my content on one social media platform, such as Facebook, and the same posting will appear on Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, & more. IFTTT also has many other uses in addition to helping you streamline your social media content postings, but I'm not yet familiar with those aspects of this software.

IFTTT has made it so easy to post to my business' social media networks! My creating several different applets (quick and easy to do) I am able to post on one of my social media accounts and have that content appear quickly on all of them. It is so easy to reach my customer's with new social media content using IFTTT.

IFTTT review by <span>Jaclyn M.</span>
Jaclyn M.

Integrate your software and automate functions

What do you like best?

I like the ability to integrate various unrelated software. It truly has an enormous variety of programs that it can work with. I also like the ability to automate certain functions such as silencing my phone based on my location. I like the fact that it can also work with smartphones, using phone notifications as possible actions to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Each software has certain triggers and actions to choose from when customizing what you want to happen. I just wish there were more triggers and actions available, since for some programs, it seems that the options are a bit limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at applets created by others, to give you ideas on what kind of features to implement. You can reuse other people's applets or use them as the basis to create your own. If you are an Evernote user, think of all the information that could automatically be added to a note, giving you a permanent archive of (for example): your calendar, Instapaper highlights, tweets, Facebook statuses, etc.

Preventing my scatterbrained self from missing meetings. For example, I have an applet that checks my Google Calendar for the word "meeting" and sends me an email and phone notification 15 minutes prior to the start time. It has also allowed me to have easier access to my information, such as taking any highlights I make in Instapaper, and appending them to an Evernote note.

IFTTT review by <span>Christine Stella P.</span>
Christine Stella P.

Easy Cross Pollination on Social Media and so much more

What do you like best?

IFTTT allows our team to enter social media automation and focus on the central work that we are doing. After setting up the profile on IFTTT we can create one post and the recipes do all the heavy lifting. Its great that we can also create, as users, our own recipes to the tools we use the most.

What do you dislike?

i dislike the need for IFTTT to hash-tag all the posts. We would happily pay for that not to be part of the final posts there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely acknowledge that there are better paid services and that there are so many ways to use this product - it can be used for personal account management and so much more. We use it in a limited way that really maximizes one area of our work. Taking time with the set-up is crucial.

We solve for efficiency with the product in major ways. We don't have to worry about the time that we would independently have to expend going to a handful of different websites and create posts in each individually. IFTTT allows us to limit our time spent on revenue generating activities heavily and focus on relationship building.

IFTTT review by <span>Jackie G.</span>
Jackie G.

Life automated - the coolest thing ever!

What do you like best?

The number of plugins is astonishing. You can hook up your google drive (including sheets, calendar, etc.) which has been super cool for collecting a history of your actions - such as each of your tweets. And with the ability to hook up to your email, you can easily organize responses to outreach. I'm in Marketing and track campaign activity so this comes in handy.

What do you dislike?

So far, there's not much to complain about. I guess my only issue is that I haven't toyed around with the massive amount of options there are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out their integrated apps and imagine how you could utilize it to keep things more organized / efficient. It doesn't hurt to give it a try and test it with your team. You'll be amazed at how much you can do with the platform. It's especially helpful to those who manage social media and might want another way to track the actions taken on different social sites.

General organization and capturing things in a secondary location (such as taking email alerts and inserting the responses into a more organized location - for example, rows in a google sheet that can then be shared with my team).

Learning about IFTTT?

* We monitor all IFTTT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.