Ignite Realtime Spark

Spark is an Open Source, cross-platform IM client optimized for businesses and organizations.

Work for Ignite Realtime Spark?
Ibmsametime teamcollab  2x

Learning about Spark?

Compare Ignite Realtime Spark to Similar Solutions

Ignite Realtime Spark Reviews

Showing 16 Spark reviews
Spark review by <span>Devon K.</span>
Devon K.

To spark or not to spark.

What do you like best?

I have been using Spark for over 6 years now and as a company chat platform it is not that bad. I like that you can easily set it up and log into it. I like that you can create team chats with security passwords. Instant messaging is a breeze and group chats are easy to navigate. You also have the option to change your nick name if the name on the server is not what you want to use. The random color feature is also very helpful when you are in group chats. Using this feature allows you to distinguish between multiple users. You also have the option to pull the data logs from any chat and save them as a PDF. Finally the search feature is phenomenal. With a database of over 3 thousand employees the search feature allows me to instantly locate someone by the first, last, or user name.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the new update that removed the option to log off of spark. You are on it, or you have to exit. When you exit this does not end it in your processes and can cause conflict when you try to open another instance. I do not like that everyone has access to the buzz feature. This feature sends a high pitched noise directly to you which can be very distracting. I do not like the image/file sharing feature as it can take up to 20 minutes to transfer an image or file. The last issue I have with Spark is ghost messaging. If you send a message to someone and close that box it will randomly appear for no reason. I have heard they are working to resolve this with the newest update. Lastly I dislike the font and text options as they are very limited and do not allow much freedom in creativity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spark is a great messaging platform. From install to use it is fairly simple. If you are a large company looking to connect your employees, or a small company trying to stay connected Spark is the software for you. Although spark does not preform other tasks like calendar, forms, or discussions it is a grade A messenger software. They are constantly coming out with updates and working to resolve as many bugs as they can. They also have a great customer service department that is dedicated to helping you resolve your issues as quickly and easily as possible. If your issue can not be resolved there are also a plethora of websites and renounce information on Ignite Spark that can help guide you in the right direction. I have personally been using Spark for many years and would recommend this software to any company as a messenger based tool.

Spark allows a large company of over 3 thousand employees communicate in live time. You can create separate team chats, or separate training rooms. This messaging system is by far better than many competitors but it still has some kinks that need to be worked out. We have used Spark for training purposes, as well as team chat demonstrations. Spark allows you to see everyone that is online at all times so you are only a keystroke away from anyone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ignite Realtime Spark
Spark review by <span>Brandon M.</span>
Brandon M.

It's a chat platform

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a basic chat communication platform, then spark is a good choice. Easy communication with people in your contact list.

What do you dislike?

You cannot search a directory to add users, you have to know their username (which in our case is their network name) and then add them, and they will accept. There are no other added benefits other than chatting. They do have a file-share feature but it fails a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With other messenger apps on the market, Spark is falling behind and needs some redesign to get back into the corporate game.

Spark allows a large company of over 3 thousand employees communicate in live time. You can create separate team chats, or separate training rooms. Spark allows you to see everyone that is online at all times so you are only a keystroke away from anyone.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Spark review by <span>Sheila C.</span>
Sheila C.

Basic chat client, needs updated features!

What do you like best?

It's a very simple chat client that gets the job done (most of the time)

What do you dislike?

It needs new features to make it more user friendly, such as:

the ability to disable comments in a chat room for a period of time

the ability to invite people to a chat room (this feature stopped working after the last update)

the ability to choose the color for your name

Our agents have issues with some features being disabled with certain versions. For example, they were unable to log out from the menu and instead had to stop the program in control panel.

Spark review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

Great IM system for work

What do you like best?

Spark reminds me of my good old days of using AOL instant messaging. You have the ability to customize your "workspace" to match your personality. You can group your contacts in anyway you deem necessary. Another great feature is the developers. It is very easy to suggest and issue or a fix or a new feature and actually receive a feeling like your input counts. They have also made some pretty big strides to increase their security for your business recently. The language support they offer is simply amazing. I truly enjoy being able to type in English and translate it into many other languages.

What do you dislike?

My largest dislike to this is that there is not a matching App. In today's day and age to not have an app is pretty bad. I am a constant traveler at work and find myself away from my desk often. I hate returning to several sparks some of them more pressing than others. Yes I know I should set myself as away but most of the time I plan on only being gone for a few minutes and that turns into a longer period of time due to the nature of my job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. There truly is nothing to lose with this product.

One of the largest problems many companies face is excessive emails. Spark has allowed for us to message each other these little things instead of emailing each other over and over again when a phone call is not possible. Another great thing is the urgency that comes with an instant message. An email may be ignored or pushed off but the spark will get answered quicker.

Spark review by User

Good Solid Messaging System

What do you like best?

I love the ability to join rooms and direct message people inside of our company. I like how we can customize our presence so that features that annoy us can be turned off. I also like the ability to request attention or 'shake' which brings your chat to the front of someone's screen.

What do you dislike?

The rooms limits are too low. We can have a max of 25 per room and sometimes we just need more than that. It is also difficult to reset. If you close the window you have to close the program in the windows manager to reopen the application to furthur use.

We are a call center and having a way to direct message others is vital if someone is on the phone when we need them.

Spark review by <span>Travis W.</span>
Travis W.

Perfect to get quick answers in the office.

What do you like best?

I like that I can quickly instant message any of my co workers to ask a question if I have any. If beats trying to call or walk around to see if they are at their desk. It has a simple and easy interface. The messages are all kept in a nice window and if you are messaging multiple people at a time, it keeps them in tabs so it is easier to switch back and forth between all of them. This makes the amount of windows that you need to have open to two for the entire program.

What do you dislike?

The customization is something that is left to be desired. I understand that it is a professional communication tool, but I would like to at least customize the colors and feel to make it unique to my own. Adding people can be somewhat tricky, it always wants to make a new group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a basic workplace IM system. If you are looking for something that does the job without the frills then this is what you need. You won't be disappointed but you also will not be blown away.

I work in an office with about 15 people. We all work in our own separate areas and this lets us all communicate much easier. It is nice not to have to constantly call or run around trying to find someone. It gives the customers that call in quick and accurate answers if you do not know them. You can get the answer while still on the phone with the customer.

Learning about Ignite Realtime Spark?

* We monitor all Ignite Realtime Spark reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Ignite Realtime Spark to Similar Solutions