ilos

ilos is a video communication platform for organizations to record, share, and store videos on the cloud.

Work for ilos?

Learning about ilos?

ilos Reviews

Ask ilos a Question
Showing 37 ilos reviews
ilos review by Lee S.
Lee S.

"ilos is everything I'm looking for in a tool to empower Higher Education teachers using video."

What do you like best?

ilos is just so simple, especially when compared to everything else out there. I have never had a professor or student who I could not get ilos working for them. That is an extraordinary thing in todays environment of constant browser and Operating system updates, and over-eager virus and malware software. Their customer support is the best I have ever encountered by a very large margin. Whatever device You want to capture or upload from just works, and looks great. Creating an easy to share, watch, and stat track video has just never been more simple. ilos has their act together and are poised to explode and rock the education and training world with their excellent product. Get on board now!

What do you dislike?

It's not really a dislike, but I'd love if ilos developed a larger capacity as an all in one solution Video Content Manager as well. They'd do it very, very well. I am confident of that. They already to the video capture and streaming portion of a VCM better than other, larger companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend ilos unequivocally. You need not struggle with this product at all. You simply need to ask and the answer is at Your fingertips whether through an excellent database of FAQs, videos, or real-time support from actual employees who are vested in Your success.

We primarily use ilos as a tool to create content for our LMS on the educational side. Once we train Professors and students, they are using ilos with much success. We are also slowly moving most of our streaming content to ilos

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ilos
ilos review by Administrator

"ilos is quick, easy, and versitile."

What do you like best?

I love ilos' ease of use-simple to learn. Faculty have no issues picking up ilos. I am able to teach ilos to faculty who would usually be afraid to use new technologies. Additionally, recording with ilos is fast. Simply click the ilos icon on your desktop, and the recorder opens in seconds and is ready to record.

What do you dislike?

The analytics screen could use some work. The number of hours and minutes of Closed Captioning used do not seem to sort correctly.

The list of problems I use ilos on is unbelievable. I utilize ilos to maintain my departments Knowledge Base of video tutorials; ilos' "replace" feature is instrumental in updating videos when other platforms we use update their User Interface. We have also utilized ilos to replace live lecture recording. Before we could only capture so much footage of faculty lectures with one person and one camera, and now we can provide many faculty with as much footage as they wish. Additionally, we are able to use ilos to create quick technical troubleshooting videos; our server administrators use ilos to help those who are not as technologically inclined to set up wireless printers and access network shared files. ilos is amazing. Finally, ilos allows our institution to meet ADA 508 compliance with their Closed Captioning service.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

"Easy Screen Capture"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is. It''s just a few clicks and I am able to make a video to send to prospects or include in an internal doc.

What do you dislike?

I have had a few experiences where the software was a little glitchy. It never lasted long , though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super simple software and the team is really easy to work with! I would highly recommend working with ilos.

I use ilos personally for two reasons:

1) To share best practices with team members - to share with the sales team things that I'm doing or to share with the product team issues I might be having

2) To create easy videos to send to prospects. I show them how to use our tool and how they can incorporate it into their world

I use ilos also from a consultative standpoint. Our software integrates with ilos so that our customers can utilize it to share best practices and internal work knowledge via Lessonly.

ilos review by Paul W.
Paul W.

"Simple and solid"

What do you like best?

ilos has been easy to adopt, which was key in our generally technology averse user base.

What do you dislike?

Changes can come quickly, and updates are rolled out quickly - sometimes without prior warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ilos is easy to use and administer, but lacks some features from the larger names. If you need a simple screen recording and sharing system that integrates directly with your LMS without any bells and whistles (other than human captioning) ilos is a great pick.

Faculty and students are creating videos on their own for educational purposes, staff are creating tutorials and marketing videos, and any content that needs to be captioned can be managed quickly and easily by the creator.

ilos review by Administrator

"SImple to use video creation from your desktop"

What do you like best?

ilos is so extraordinarily simple to use, that most users can be productive with little to no training. Most of our personnel are able to create good video content with little more than login instructions. The recorder can be launched right from the task ribbon, ready to record. User support is great and very responsive.

What do you dislike?

I have no real pain points with ilos. There are a few times when I think it would be nice to have the ability to do more with audio within the edit mode (e.g. add a soundtrack) but we have not actually needed that for our use.

We use ilos for video content in our training modules. We are considering using it to provide video instruction from our Customer Support area.

ilos review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="715fff23-3722-4f5b-a130-8bf59ede55ab">Brian W.</span>
Brian W.
" itemprop="name" />

"The new defacto go-to tool for screen recording PLUS a lot more besides."

What do you like best?

Ilos came along at just the right time for me when we were just about to lose the use of another now defunct product. Working with the Ilos team in those early days we were amazed at how well the team worked with us to quash the bugs, develop the product and how they ensured that it was a perfect fit for our requirements. As a screen recording tool it is now second to none in terms of quality of output and usability. The ability to pause recording during recording was invaluable in our use case as it was then. The platform that sits around the screen recording mechanism is excellent, allowing great flexibility in reporting, sharing and collaborating with the team.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about Ilos as a company or as a screen recording tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You absolutely have to look at Ilos Videos if you want to share best practice video content or screen recordings. It has a multitude of use cases from IT Support to Sales, from Internal Communications to Employee Education. Please take a look at it,

Capturing business knowledge and best practice, sharing content and being able to report on its usage, giving a subject matter expert audience a tool which they can use that fitted their requirements, including be able to pause during recording rather than having to start again if they made a mistake or wanted to refer to notes. All of these have benefited the teams I have worked with enabling them to create and share content quicker and more effectively.

ilos review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"Clean Interface with Simple Features"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to record a short video and have it uploaded and embedded or emailed. This can take me under 10 minutes.

What do you dislike?

The company is still young and features are still in flux. I miss the playlist feature, which I had come to rely on.

We use ilos for videos in our knowledge base, directly answering client support questions, short videos for demos, and providing a simple solution for clients to record videos of the problems they are having with our app.

ilos review by Frank Q.
Frank Q.

"This product is really great!"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to start, use, complete and save a new screen recording! Everything is so seamless. Screen grab > record > add title > auto generates video > generate optional gif of the video.

What do you dislike?

Could use a little more editing tools, but they are adding them fast!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. Once you start using it you will realize the immediate benefits. ilos makes it very easy to share video screen grabs that can be used for many different scenarios. Show someone how to accomplish a task, create a training video, update an existing video, turn a piece of a video into a gif, and many other uses all by quickly launching and starting a lightweight app that is very easy and intuitive to use.

At Parlevel we use ilos to make quick short video guides that do a lot better at explaining how to do something or describe a new feature than any document could! Hard to imagine working with and helping our customers without the use of this tool. It has truly become a very important part of our support team.

ilos review by Rafael B.
Rafael B.

"ilos is a must have in every organization that cares about training and customer support!"

What do you like best?

How easy is to create videos and gifs, and all the options to share them! Also their support and how they keep making this product better and better.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about this product. Everything is very intuitive and I haven't found a bug yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It is awesome. If you are customer oriented this is a tool you can get a lot out of. Believe me, if you want to explain an interface to someone, you will save a lot of time to both parties by creating a quick video and sharing it with them. Parlevel has been a user since a year and this is a tool we use multiple times every day. Users have responded greatly to this videos when we share them using Slack.

ilos allows us to communicate ideas way easily through short videos and/or gifts. They are easy to produce and even easier to share with our users to explain different features and functionalities of our product. An ilos video is worth a 1000 words!

ilos review by Glori H.
Glori H.

"ilos is EASY"

What do you like best?

ilos makes creating and sharing videos an extremely easy process. It’s a great tool to use to record lectures, provide quick one-off tutorials or create detailed step-by-step instructional videos. In addition, our professors have found innovative ways to use ilos. For example, they use ilos to give feedback on major assessments. It saves time for the professor and provides a more personal touch.

What do you dislike?

Early change management. We were an early adopter and involved in the first iterations of the tool. ilos works to continually improve their product but sometimes the changes were disruptive in our environment. That being said, the product is now mature and the team at ilos is responsive to our needs and deals with any issues right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can’t go wrong if you are looking for simple, easy-to-use, easy-to-share screen recording software. The product is great and the support team is exceptional.

ilos has changed the way our professors interact with their online students. They finally have a simple tool for creating lectures, checking in with students, providing feedback, and explaining difficult concepts.

ilos review by Jake T.
Jake T.

"An increasingly valuable video production and hosting solution"

What do you like best?

Innovative platform, all in one tool, great value proposition, supports just in time learning, increases knowledge sharing within organizations. Most of all ilos helps take the complexity out of video production related to creating, managing and sharing content across devices.

What do you dislike?

Bugs. With anything new and innovative there are a lot of bugs to squash. The thing is, they have squashed them every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know specifically your use case and discover if ilos meets those requirements. Most likely they will meet or exceed/can catch up to where you need them to be. They have a great out of the box solution that will most likely get you ahead of where you are today. Integrated search and secure login have worked well. Still figuring out secure embeds.

Centralizing content repositories, making content searchable and discoverable across devices, secure delivery, sharing best practices, safety, standard work and lean initiatives with the broader organization.

ilos review by Tuggen E.
Tuggen E.

"Very useful tool, especially for higher education."

What do you like best?

I like how the app is user friendly and guides the new users, also adds the video to LMS automatically.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the wait on adding captions (subtitles) in the video. Sometimes we need to add a video randomly to make an assignment clear or to fix a general class issue on a specific topic and we have students who have hearing problems. I wish there was a faster way to add captions instantly.

Assignment and project guidelines for

ilos review by Administrator

"Easy to Implement and Use"

What do you like best?

The LTI with our learning management system is fantastic. Customer service ans support is very responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

It is not a deal breaker, but I wish that video permissions were auto set to be restricted to the course enrollments for the course the item is embedded in automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost effective, with licensing model that allows you to ramp up usage over time.

The biggest problem we are solving is getting easy, seamless access to course videos for students. This is so much better than our previous solution. This has cut down on student frustration, help desk support tickets and has helped with student engagement and retention.

ilos review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"Easy to use, works great"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to figure out, the software is very intuitive

What do you dislike?

nothing actually, and they are a small company so they are really good at taking feedback!

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anything heaver then casual video recording or editing you will need something more powerful

makes it easier for me to create content for our customers for training and also for support related stuff

ilos review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Integration with Lesson.ly "

What do you like best?

I like that Ilos is integrated with Lesson.ly; our learning management software and allows me to embed videos stored and recorded in Ilos directly into my lessons. My favorite feature is the fact that I can replace a video later. This means that when I upload a video into Ilos (or record) and I later need to change the video in the lesson/s I've created, I just replace/record the new content and hit the replace button to have that video go into any applicable lessons instead of having to remember where I used that video and go and make the changes manually.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes so far. I've been using the system for over a month and haven't had any issues. Their success team has also checked in numerous times to make sure I'm having a good experience with the software.

While QuickTime and Vimeo are our normal recording/embedding options, that can be time consuming to first record the video, place on Vimeo and then take that link and place it where we need it. Ilos recording is quick and easy and then I get a direct link because they're hosting the videos themselves. That link then can get posted where I need it so I'm saving time this way.

ilos review by Doug B.
Doug B.

"Amazing company building tool - sales, service, product development and more."

What do you like best?

ilos makes quick work of communicating. I use the video tool to share anything that can be shown on my computer, as it takes any/all of the guesswork out of what I'm trying to communicate, as I can show it on a video instead of trying to type an email to describe things. You simply hit record, and start talking.

What do you dislike?

That I didn't have a tool like this 10 years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I even took all my videos from the past and uploaded them into this one, as you can create easy play lists and have a searchable library of help videos which wasn't possible with other tools.

This has changed how we do product development (I record our dev specs in a video and share), how I report bugs (can show what's broken in my browser, etc.), how we sell (recording personalized videos to share with prospects), how we push out new features (record and send to all clients), and even how we do board meetings (pre-recording meeting updates and sharing with board prior to calls).

ilos review by Mikal K.
Mikal K.

"Training videos made easy"

What do you like best?

ilos makes creating short training videos and tutorials a breeze. I love that my team can come back to the items when they actually need them, saving me from repeating the same info over and over as new folks are hired each year.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike -- ideally, I'd love it my entire workplace used this (not just my department).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll be amazed at how much time you'll save by utilizing ilos!

This has allowed me to make the most of our face to face training time - I don't have to waste it on showing people how to do a lot of the basic administrative tasks of their roles.

"Simple and Efficient"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of iLos is the easy integration with our LMS (Moodle). It provides a tremendous time savings and has allowed me to create a very fast and efficient process for adding videos to my course.

What do you dislike?

I like that iLos has some built in editing tools, but it would be nice if these were expanded to include quality enhancement such as lighting and sound.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advatange of the LMS integration!

I am able to provide more interactive and engaging course content in my courses, particularly since I teach mostly online.

ilos review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"Love iLos!"

What do you like best?

The ease for my teachers use. Reduces training time.

What do you dislike?

THere is not much that I dislike about this product!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend iLos to other Higher Ed Institutions. The quality is beyond compare and they are a sole provider of the services they bundle.

Video creation / Closed Captioning / Storage

ilos review by User

"The ilos trajectory continues"

What do you like best?

The customer service, response time, training videos and ease of use are my four favorite things. It is so easy to support our faculty to participate in the captioned video and transcript placement within their courses.

What do you dislike?

There is no step in the process or an element in the system that I dislike.

We are meeting ADA regulations for captioning and transcription of videos in our online courses. We have two designers that manage 1200 online courses so the ilos ease of use is appreciated.

ilos review by User

"Ilos for Weekly Video Message"

What do you like best?

I use Ilos for my weekly video message to graduate students. It allows me to combine pertinent information with screencasting capabilities. I can guide and inform my students on new resources and coming assignments. In addition, I use the comment feature to include links to outside resources.

What do you dislike?

There used to be a "card" feature instead of just a "comment" - not sure where it went.

Getting a large amount information to students in a visual manner.

ilos review by Ricki F.
Ricki F.

"Ilos has quickly become part of my daily support routine."

What do you like best?

EASY customer walk-through videos. When documentation just isn't cutting it, the personal touch of recording a clip for a feature on our App is far better than a 100 word explanation.

What do you dislike?

If your asking me to be picky, I would point out the sessions are very short (frequent logins).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find yourself with a customer asking "how to... ?", send a video - use their name - written responses are old news.

Personalized support. Quick product/feature demonstrations.

ilos review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"ilos nails simplicity"

What do you like best?

Simplicity. Log in --> Record --> Embed.

What do you dislike?

Not enough to mention. Just to fill space, sometimes the editing features can take awhile to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a higher education perspective, ilos takes away much of the learning curve. Most of our faculty struggle with basic computer skills, so to have such a powerful product be simple is huge.

Our faculty are using ilos to create a presence in online courses

ilos review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Game Changing Technology"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the tool. We have found the organization creating quick videos now instead of writing long descriptive emails. We also really like the company. This is a company focused on creating happy customers, making fantastic products and are good people. This goes along way in business today.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. We have been impressed that every feature we feel we need has quickly been released by the team.

We are convinced this will be game changing technology in support. We are still rolling it out but will be using it for our folks to quickly show our customers how to do something or for them to submit video cases to us.

"user-friendly tools "

What do you like best?

-user friendly tool to record the video, to assist me to walk through my clients step by step.

What do you dislike?

tried to used trimming features quite a few times; however, cannot really trim the video part that i wanted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n.a.

can walk through clients remotely how to do some configurations of our system.

can explain the abstract & complicated configuration with ilos.

ilos review by Karen B.
Karen B.

"Impressed Beginner"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly create an instructional video without a big learning curve

What do you dislike?

I wish i was able to edit the video better. Example: to be able to cut a section out of the middle of a video.

ability to create quick example videos for faculity within the university on how to use the LMS system

ilos review by User in Higher Education

"Great experience with customer service"

What do you like best?

I like the live chat feature when needing any assistance.

What do you dislike?

I don't like there is no ability to batch process the videos. For example when I want to change the permissions on a collection of videos I can't select them all and change in one action.

The captioning service is wonderful.

"Trial session"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. desktop app very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Haven't done enough yet dislike anything. Want to see how the embedding quizzes and grade export goes.

No business issues that I am aware of. Our Ed Tech folks would have to address this to get a better insight as University users.

ilos review by John S.
John S.

"Solid Communication Platform"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the varied assets of communication sharing including the video recording and allowed for team collaboration in the process of creating our video presentation.

What do you dislike?

Was a little tough at first to learn and not the most user friendly, but with time it became significantly easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider it for team based projects that require video sharing and recording.

I was sharing video with fellow team member and it was an easy to share platform that allowed for collaboration and sharing.

ilos review by Administrator

"Wonderful screen recording tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is the best feature. Perfect tool for recording screen with a voice over.

What do you dislike?

I find that trimming videos can be difficult.

We are using ilos to create content for our Learning Management System.

ilos review by Marc S.
Marc S.

"ilos rocks as a sales tool"

What do you like best?

We are currently using ilos as a sales tool in that give brief walk-thru demos for our products. ilos is a great tool to easily create, edit, share/embed, and then track views.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had more integrations. For instance, we currently use walkme.com as an in product tour and they only allow wistia--which is far inferior.

Again. We use ilos for our marketing and sales funnels.

ilos review by User

"I have used iLos for video updates and instructions for my online classes. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and ability to store video quickly to the cloud. It is easy to embed into Moodle and it has allowed me to get quick information to my students.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the guest video feature and the beta version of the questioning feature. I hope some of the kinks are worked out soon.

I have been better connected to my online students through the use of the tool.

ilos review by Karlie B.
Karlie B.

"ilos "

What do you like best?

Global link updates, ease of use, and their customer service team is incredible!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind at this time. I really enjoy working with ilos (product and the team!).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't delay.

Quickly showing clients how to use our software. It's so much easier for someone to visually see something happen then read through a how to email. Thanks for making our lives easier ilos!!

ilos review by User

"Easy to Use, Share and Analyze"

What do you like best?

The ability to visualize watch times of the viewers, to see what specific sections they repeat.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. The product is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Video lectures provided to students.

ilos review by User

"From video production to sharing in as few clicks as possible"

What do you like best?

Each step is intuitive. The application is reliably stable.

What do you dislike?

What's not to like? Perhaps one suggestion for an enhancement would be a pre-configurable list of screenshot sizes, instead of defaulting to the most recently configured screen size.

Create a video on-the-fly, and immediately have a URL that I can distribute to share the thought.

ilos review by Administrator

"Creating and editing videos"

What do you like best?

I love that is so easy to use. Our faculty uses it to make videos and I am not constantly asked to help them.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not found anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Ilos.

Faculty making their own videos. Captioning videos using YouTube and Ilos has been wonderful.

"VIdeo review"

What do you like best?

I utilize ilos for video trainings, my favorite thing about it how user friendly it is.

What do you dislike?

I thought the log in portion was a little confusing getting started

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

I am solving training issues by providing students and staff with training videos versus a help desk article

Learning about ilos?

* We monitor all ilos reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.