iManage Work

iManage software enables teams to work together securely with the exploding volume of documents and email from any location, using any device. WorkSite is a simple-to-use document management system that can be deployed across your organization quickly, with minimal training and at a low total cost, for a rapid return on investment.

Work for iManage Work?

Learning about iManage?

Compare iManage Work to Similar Solutions

iManage Work Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 45 iManage reviews
iManage review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"A Document Management System Designed To Improve Productivity"

What do you like best?

As a document management system, the ability for my organization's users to more efficiently find the file or document they're looking for is advantageous. The benefits we gained from transitioning from reliability on a Windows-based file server are endless.

Also, we use iManage Share which has been a wonderful solution for file sharing outside of our organization.

What do you dislike?

Upon implementation, many issues arose since it is heavily customizable and database driven. Also, there were issues that have occurred during everyday use. I wish it were more ready during the design and implementation process because there always seems to be a hotfix, update, and/or ongoing support ticket process. Although, support has been very good for the most part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely take time with the design and implementation process. Take advantage of your pilot group and make sure you provide enough input and resources (to include time) to ensure that the transition into iManage, whether it be from another document management system (or none at all) is as seamless as possible.

Users are no longer accidentally deleting documents or moving folders. The security of our documents and files has improved immensely.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iManage Work
iManage review by Brandy S.
Brandy S.

"Simple and complete"

What do you like best?

iManage is incredibly easy to navigate and has every feature I could want to do my job efficiently. Any time I think of a need, there is already a way to do it.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I'd improve on. I've had no issues with iManage in 2 years of use.

Making it easy to navigate document libraries containing thousands of users. Very simple to replace documents, import new versions.

What Business Content Management solution do you use?

iManage review by James H.
James H.

"Excellent document management solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize fields specific to our organization is great. Security is also very tight. Most documents we set to "View" status only so that only the original creator can make changes, plus the ability to mark documents as "Private" so that they don't even come up in search results is great.

What do you dislike?

I don't pay the bills, but my understanding is that it's expensive. There are different modules to buy, and there has been a couple times where we had to alter a proposed business process because we didn't want to spend the money on a module that would have been needed to implement a procedure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan ahead on how you would like to have your documents organized. That way, when you implement, you should have all the custom fields you need to search.

Besides being a better solution to saving documents in a network "C" drive, if you will, it also makes it possible to go paperless. As a law firm, most of our documents apply to a specific file (or matter). When we need to reference a particular document later on in a legal process, it's very easy to look up the matter in iManage to find all associated documents.

User in Law Practice

"Good file management system"

What do you like best?

It can be linked up to Outlook and recognizes email addresses and terms in the email and automatically suggests folders where the email should be save.

What do you dislike?

It may just be our system, but attachments from email are not automatically saved .

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as the platform is used correctly it is great. Often they try to use a cookie cutter form when opening subfolders which does not work across all practice groups.

It allows multiple users to access the files from any location. Rather than emailing back and forth to find a document, we can access the folder and easily find what you are looking for.

User in Law Practice

"Easy search features integrated into outlook"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that it is integrated into our outlook, so it is essentially a one stop shop for our legal needs. I can pull up a case and shoot off a document in an email immediately.

What do you dislike?

The search features are not always the best. Sometimes when it's a little buggy, you can't find a document at all which makes it hard for the attorneys that do not regularly use the software.

We use iManage to store our cases. The benefit to having this is we can essentially become paperless.

iManage review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Decent Document Management System"

What do you like best?

iManage is tied directly to our Microsoft Office programs. Filing new documents and saving is as easy as selecting the appropriate folder.

What do you dislike?

The search functionality is not as easy to use as other programs and I am not completely confident I am seeing the correct results.

iManage promotes easy filing of emails and documents. Staff can check out documents to work on them and then another person can check out that document later to continue working on it. This saves people (and the organization) from having many copies of the same document stored in different locations.

iManage review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"One of the Best Document Management Systems on the Planet!"

What do you like best?

I love that it allows you to have a document but also create multiple versions of a document if you're needing a copy to work on that's separate from the original.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that, occasionally it will crash while integrated with outlook, depending on how many Add-ins are already installed in Outlook. Also at times if someone has the document checked out to work on it but forgot to check it back in before leaving for the day, you can't 'Steal' the lock. You can select to 'unlock' but the edits will be lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not as complicated as some other document Management programs out there and it's pretty user friendly. I would highly recommend this over others like Worldox, which is awful.

Saving multiple attachment from emails into imanage as storage.

User in Law Practice

"Pretty Good File Management Software"

What do you like best?

Overall iManage seems to work most of the time. We recently implemented full text searching and I'm particularly impressed by the power of being able to search hundreds of thousands of documents for specific keywords in minimal time.

What do you dislike?

I understand that some other file management software might be faster at actually saving files to the database. It can be a bit of a drag to try to file 10 e-mails and then you're sitting there looking at a progress bar for a minute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think there is a lot of variety in file management software, so this is one area where it is probably worth checking out all options.

Sharing files among lawyers and staff in the law firm; retaining files for precedent purposes; retaining files per professional requirements.

iManage review by Ashley S.
Ashley S.

"iManage Work"

What do you like best?

I like how you are able to get input from numerous of professional services users. It is also very easy to navigate; in return makes it easier to do my job more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

That sometimes it is not up to speed/ready during the design and implementation process. Because of some update, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No I do not have any recommendations for possible users.

Users are no longer accidentally deleting documents. The security of documents has also improved. Along with it being very easy to replace documents.

iManage review by Trinity O.
Trinity O.

"Generally Positive"

What do you like best?

I find the search functions helpful and can often find what I need quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to delete documents from the system. All too often there end up being multiple copies of the same thing and it would be nice to be able to easily clean it up.

None.

User in Law Practice

"I want to quit my job because of this system"

What do you like best?

I can word search through a document. That is the only positive that I have found. And that is not even close to worth it.

What do you dislike?

Everything else. Where do I begin? It has lost half of my documents, it doesn't save the latest versions of documents, it emails the wrong versions of documents, and most importantly I can't find my files when I need them. This has cost me so many hours of billable time and my work keeps piling up on me. This is the worst decision my law firm could have made, and I am seriously considering quitting my job because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it

It has solved nothing. It has only created problems.

iManage review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"iManage is by far my favorite Document management system. "

What do you like best?

I love Desksite. It is very intuitive and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The icons at the top of Desksite are too small. The worksite addin disables itself a lot in our environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have supported multiple different document management systems. And iManage is by far my favorite. iManage is very intuitive and easy to learn.

iManage provides an orderly platform for the organization of thousands of documents. It allows ease of sharing documents in a central location.

iManage review by Danielle B.
Danielle B.

"Confusing but Efficient "

What do you like best?

How you can save to different places, and how you can change the privacy settings and search by different categories.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit confusing to save something at first. You have to go through a bunch of steps to save one document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a clear training on how to use it, otherwise you may not save a document properly.

You can save and search for documents more efficiently. It is also more secure.

"Imanage Work"

What do you like best?

It is very organized and user friendly. I like how it keeps my documents for my team in one area.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that to rename a document I have to go into properties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is centralized systems of storing documents and working on documents.

All my account documents are stored on there and are on a central location.

iManage review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"good overall all, but not great"

What do you like best?

I think it's a better solution than saving documents locally. much save and easier to access.

What do you dislike?

the system doesn't really easy to navigate. And not easy to restrict people from documents.

it's a company wide software so everyone has appropriate access to work docs. It's easy to manage as an admin. But people sometime run problem checking docs in in iManage even they took the right steps.

iManage review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Heavy weight DMS, big costs and some big headaches"

What do you like best?

Easy to use outlook interface

Powerful indexer makes it easy to sift through lots of documents

organization across teams is easy thanks to workspaces

Email management works pretty well to keep all correspondence

What do you dislike?

DMS structure is rigid and prescriptive; lacks flexibility

Indexer is a beast, needs tons of expertise required to keep it running

(until recently) the lack of a proper web-client has been a significant draw back

mobility options need serious help

sharing externally via a web portal is extremely cumbersome

requires lots of third-party tools to make it work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Third-party tools and implementation partners are a must! Plan for extra budget

Document storage, document management, email management, auditing, and access control

iManage review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"IManage Work"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to use but crashes a lot. Doesn’t connect well with other programs, but overall interface is good enough.

What do you dislike?

Crashes a lot. Hard to use multiple different databases (ie multijurisdictions) interchangeably. No real mobile interface.

We would not be able to collaborate as a team without it and it helps our security issues.

iManage review by Logan Y.
Logan Y.

"Best document management system "

What do you like best?

Imanage integrates great with office programs. Document versions are easily managed.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have is about lack of ability to set complex securities and to check in document remotely from other users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the evaluation version for compatibility with your software's.

Imanage allows us to store documents securely with the ability to collaborate on documents with one another.

User in Law Practice

"Use of iManage for document management"

What do you like best?

Searchability, and ability to create subfolders to organize documents

What do you dislike?

I don't like that two documents can have the same name; and I don't like that audio and video files cannot be saved over to it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it only works to it's fullest potential when thorough training is given to the users. There are a lot of features that I don't feel are fleshed-out for the users that might make it less cumbersome to utilize.

Management of a huge volume of case files in one database, and the ability to search across the documents to find what is needed.

iManage review by Lee P.
Lee P.

"Great for document sharing"

What do you like best?

Imanage is easy to use and very easy to understand. I love that it is built into word and adobe for easy access to documents and saving them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets disconnected from word easily and tries to run word in Safe mode.

we are better able to keep documents secure while easily having multiple people use them.

iManage review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Work as cloud"

What do you like best?

It can provide a simpler, quicker

route to implementation by eradicating the need for costly and timely implementations of new

hardware and software.

What do you dislike?

guarantees that client data will remain within

their client’s chosen region, replicated between two physical data centre locations for resiliency

purposes. Data cannot be moved or transferred outside of these jurisdictions without the client’s

express written consent.

For organisations that are currently deliberating the on premises versus cloud solutions dilemma for

their document management system, it is critical they choose the right partner to work with.

iManage review by Administrator

"Best option"

What do you like best?

Imanage is the best options out there. The software is easy to use and reliable. Rarely breaks. Well integrated with other softwares.

What do you dislike?

Only thing i dislike is that it took us so long to go with this software over our previous one. imanage is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Its the best options for document management.

We are better able to share and collaborate on documents. we no longer have issues with multiple version and copies. Security is much easier and can be set from the user side with ease.

iManage review by Martine Y.
Martine Y.

"Great document management software"

What do you like best?

The program is so easy to use. It has proved very reliable for our company.

What do you dislike?

The plugins for other applications crash a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend using Matter Centricity

Document management is so much easier now. being able to share documents, track who made edits, or who deleted etc.

iManage review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"Imanage, excellent product for organizing cases"

What do you like best?

very easy to organize cases and work with their support to get resolution

What do you dislike?

n/a, do not have any issues with the product

iManage is used by several of our law firm clients and because it is used by many it easy to troubleshoot issues when they arise

iManage review by Kate H.
Kate H.

"Executive Director"

What do you like best?

IManage hold all our documents with an easy tracking ability to retrieve

What do you dislike?

iManage has a learning curve that can be hard on new employees

Recommendations to others considering the product

good product

IManage holds and keeps our documents and files. We have easy retrieval and no longer need paper files

iManage review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"manages well!"

What do you like best?

We loved the ease of accessibility and the layout not only on the app, but on the website. We loved how it's even tailored to law firms, which is what we are. It's even an award winner of the 2017 ITLA's reward!

What do you dislike?

we wanted a more fine tuned system where we could edit the paltform and not base it off of the designers view.

we are trying to find a platform for clients and notes and other legal systems.

"Onedrive review"

What do you like best?

The ability to save all of my important documents to one place, where they ar secure and can't be lost. I can share these with others or restrict others from seeing them.

What do you dislike?

The integration with outlook is awful. So many errors and bugs occur, sometimes making use impossible. They need to make both services work together in a more streamlined way.

Quickly saving of documents and emails, and being able to back them up somewhere secure.

iManage review by Internal Consultant in Legal Services
Internal Consultant in Legal Services

"User friendly and customizable "

What do you like best?

That I am able to quickly search a large volume of files easily

What do you dislike?

It easy to get lost when there are too many folders or sub folders for every matter

Organization and efficiency

User in Law Practice

"Pretty easy to learn and manage"

What do you like best?

It's laid out fairly simply and contains easy directions for navigation.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little convoluted at times, especially for opening folders within folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to navigate

It helps make co-authoring much more navigable.

iManage review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Fantastic product"

What do you like best?

I find its a great product to be able manage documents and email for the workplace.

What do you dislike?

I found that sometimes it glitched up and didnt work as planned. but overall, had no problems in the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an overall good product, and I reccomend anyone toat least try it out. Its Worth it.

being able to manage email and documents.

iManage review by Fran F.
Fran F.

"iManage makes finding documents easy"

What do you like best?

I love that iManage helps us track document versions

What do you dislike?

I dislike when documents fail to check back in properly

iManage helps prevent version control issues

iManage review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great program for HR department"

What do you like best?

I like that Imanage makes sure that payroll processes are in like with applicable tax laws. It also has great customer service which made it easy when I had trouble.

What do you dislike?

There are some hiccups in the system, but when I spoke to customer service they handled it well.

It is extremely easy to use and all employees are capable of using the software.

iManage review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

" Work for Gmail"

What do you like best?

Email Management for Gmail provides simple yet powerful

capabilities within the Gmail environment already familiar to G-suite users.

What do you dislike?

There are some malicious external attacks as well as internal threats

The Send and File feature lets users choose to file emails to an it Work

project folder at the same time they are sending it to a recipient.

iManage review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"Document storage solution"

What do you like best?

Centralized storage of documents and version tracking.

What do you dislike?

Search functionality is weak and organization is tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other options before defaulting to the old industry standard.

Document management.

iManage review by Brittany L.
Brittany L.

"Attorney using imanage"

What do you like best?

very easy and straightforward and user friendly

What do you dislike?

program sometime glitches, but overall very user friendly

able to store documents

iManage review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Best colaboration software for documents"

What do you like best?

The reliability of this software is second to none in this category.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can really say I dislike. This software is amazingly easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

compare It to the competitors. Looks at end user issues that run rampant in other softwares.

We are able to keep records of document and different versions.

"not user friendly"

What do you like best?

ability to access documents from home-- no need to be connected to a server anymore.

What do you dislike?

there is not an ability to create sub folders, which makes it impossible to keep things organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like to create sub folders, be aware you can't do it through iManage!

document management is now more standardized across the firm, which is good.

iManage review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Document save and retrieval"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and can be accessed from any computer in the facility.

What do you dislike?

To easy to get into. As an HRIS professional security is important to me. To many people have access to the files.

IManage limits the amount of paper laying around in filing cabinets

iManage review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Good for lawyers"

What do you like best?

It is an easy interface to use. Really helped ensure that everyone was on the same page

What do you dislike?

It can crash pretty easily. Loads of people struggled with adapting to the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes time to adjust to the platform.

It makes our law team happy!

"Efficient, compact, concise"

What do you like best?

I like that the documents are integrated within outlook.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot have my outlook emails open at the same time that I want to open a file folder to look at documents.

Integrating outlook and a DMS makes everything easier to find. It is very organized.

iManage review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great way to store files for firms"

What do you like best?

Able to access documents from different office locations and have client bases set up.

What do you dislike?

Hard to search for individual files and data, inconvenient way to download documents to desktop.

Storing and sharing documents efficiently.

iManage review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"iManage Work is worth getting!!"

What do you like best?

managing my emails and communication has been the best for our company

What do you dislike?

nothing really i have not found anything that doesn't impress me

communication with my customers...tons of benefits in prioritizing and maximizing

User in Law Practice

"Generally good but with glitches"

What do you like best?

Very organized and well structured, can integrate with outlook

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to search for a document and find something you're not sure of

We're able to silo and share access depending on business line

iManage review by User in Financial Services

"Awesome "

What do you like best?

Great product to manage work streams and work flows on

What do you dislike?

Could be more comprehensive with linking other solutions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out for yourself

Managing work flow between teams

"iManage"

What do you like best?

Ability to save and share documents across offices.

What do you dislike?

Setting up initial profile can be lenghty

Sharing documents and different versions of documents

Learning about iManage Work?

* We monitor all iManage Work reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare iManage Work to Similar Solutions