Imgur

The most awesome images on the Internet.

Work for Imgur?

Learning about Imgur?

Compare Imgur to Similar Solutions

Imgur Reviews

Showing 24 Imgur reviews
Imgur review by <span>Susana Marina R.</span>
Susana Marina R.

"Imgur, the best option to host images "

What do you like best?

represents undoubtedly an advantage when looking for a place to host images as it gives us a service that is very good and really efficient, with which we can be very satisfied. also the site is in Spanish, the loading speed is fast and simultaneous so that we can upload several images at the same time they will be stored in our account so that at some point we can use them again.

What do you dislike?

This application is a bit slow when uploading high quality images, and there are times when it presents errors when the session is going to start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In Imgur we can upload images to an account that we can create quickly and for free. just by granting a username and password we can create our account in less than a minute in order to upload all the images we want. Imgur is highly recommended by all its users as it is an excellent application and the best thing is that it is free of charge.

saves our images in our account and gives us several formats of Links to be able to use them in different types of webs, from the BB code format to an HTML Code to embed. We can use the images on other websites and even share them on Facebook and Twitter, we can also choose between placing the public image (everyone sees it), hidden (only people who have the link can see the image and does not affect your post) or as secret (only you will see it).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Imgur
Imgur review by <span>Alaina S.</span>
Alaina S.

"A review of Imgur for business use."

What do you like best?

What's great about Imgur is that it gives us links to use to place our pictures on our websites.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if I'm overlooking it, but there doesn't seem to be a sub-folder option. This would be extremely useful for our needs.

For personal use, I enjoy the home page having interesting and funny posts. For a business aspect, I think that when you use a direct link to your company's account to log in, it shouldn't take you to Imgur's homepage. It can be distracting, and the kinds of posts that could be there is unpredictable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The home page of this website is filled with mostly memes, even when using a direct link for your business when logging in. Just take this into consideration with your company's dynamic.

The business problem we are solving with Imgur is the need of more storage space that also has links for the pictures to be able to add them to our websites with html.

What Photo Management solution do you use?

Imgur review by <span>Esmeralda D.</span>
Esmeralda D.

"Imgur is not only for sharing images."

What do you like best?

Imgur is not only for sharing images. This also helps you bring clients and users your website or service and this is what I like the most about Imgur. I just have to upload any image which is attractive and then type up a comment on the Imgur typing tool, which a reference for people to visit my website, and then the only thing that I have to do is wait for you traffic to arrive to my site. One last thing I like is that I can interact with other users below the images I post.

What do you dislike?

What annoys me at times is that some of my comments images have being removed without any apparent reason, and this also has happened to other users that I know. This is a bit surprising because, for me and many users, neither the image nor the comment were inappropriate. Anyways as this happened only one time, then I think I can't complain about this because this service is really useful to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don´t have to pay for adds or publicity these days, because the only thing you need is nice social media like Imgur.

Maybe the most important benefit that this software has given me is the ability to bring new traffic, new users who sales to my website. This is incredible because I don't have to pay for any app or publicity, as the only thing I have to do is post a funny image that directs traffic and users to any of the services I sell.

Imgur review by <span>Karla Adriana R.</span>
Karla Adriana R.

"I use Imgur to express myself and share work with my consumers"

What do you like best?

Something exciting about Imgur is that is really easy and entertaining to use, as basically it´s just a matter of selecting one of your favorite images, adding a title, and then it starts getting views and likes many times. One more exciting feature is that I can share any kind of images and creations with current and prospect customers by only sharing my images links with them. I never thought that sharing and sellibng graphic stuff could be so easy.

What do you dislike?

What gets on my nerves is that during the night, it takes around half an hour to get a couple images uploaded (maybe because many people are using the tool at the same time). Moreover, a few times, I get some trolls on my images commenting really disgusting things (like hatred, stupid or inappropriate comments, which I really idslike) and it´s really sad to see these people around trying to get your attention in the worst posible way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let me put it this way: Imgur will be the next Facebook, so you´d better start using it!

Imgur acts similar to the most known social media services: they help you share files and get attention to your business offering: for myself, Imgur has helped me share my work with people I don´t even know, and this people come to me to get my services! This is an entertaining way to get more customers.

Imgur review by <span>Omar L.</span>
Omar L.

"You can use Imgur to store images and to share them, just like you do in Facebook"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can store my images inside Imgur, and use this a type of "cyber USB" so that I can access all of my pportfolio of images anywhere I am. I also love that I can share all of my images and add comments or funny stuff to my images, and share them with my friends or with the general public, so that I can get many likes and comments, because I love that. I think that Imgur will become the next generation Facebook.

What do you dislike?

I don´t like that some people use my images and its popularity to generate backlinks to their blogs or sites. Even though Imgur blocks this at times, this can be really annoying. I mean, this doesn´t happen very often, but it gets on my nerves. Also, the website can be quite slow at times, and this has happened to my when I´m on my personal computer, at school, and when I´ve used many computers, so I don´t think it´s my fault, it´s the website´s fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool if you´re looking for an alternate external drive for storing the images you use for yourself or for work. Also, if you spend lots of times on the internet checking your social networks, this also works as an entertaining sharing social network.

An important problem I solve with Imgur is that I need to do and develop many projects that require many of my images, and many times I want to keep working outside of my house. Because of this, a service like Igmur allows me to access all of my images and design projects anywhere I am, by just logging into my account.

Imgur review by <span>Chad F.</span>
Chad F.

"A fast, easy solution for image hosting"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, don't need an account to use it. Simply upload, and share the links provided. Hotlinking is allowed. Really easy to upload photos into a gallery and share them, allowing people to leave comments.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything to dislike about the service, it's free and easy to use.

Being a service that doesn't require registration, it can be difficult to find image links to images you've uploaded in the past. Also, if you want an image deleted, it can be difficult to figure out how to remove it without having the special removal link.

Imgur review by <span>Sabrina B.</span>
Sabrina B.

"Imgur Review"

What do you like best?

Imgur is a great place for finding the latest funny memes and stories. I would recommend this place if you need a good laugh. The style of the website is also perfect for image viewing with it's dark background that really makes the images standout.

What do you dislike?

Imgur is not a very professional site if your looking for a place to display your work for your portfolio. Furthermore, there should be a function that allows you to see a posted gif in the comment section rather than a link to the gif.

Also when displaying a long thread of images the website can become a bit tedious. You have to keep press the load more images button to load the complete thread. I have been on comic and ebook websites that have a "one page" setting that allows you to either load the complete thread at once or the images load as you scroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend using this website to showcase professional work of any kind as it is more of a place to share jokes and memes. If you are looking for professionalism, turn elsewhere.

I don't necessarily see how this website can be used to benefit a business as it isn't a very professional source. Unless of course if the company is very laid back then this would be a great source for funny imagery and stories to post up on the break room bulletin board. I've used this website when I need a good laugh or break from work.

I suppose this would be a great place to find some funny images for icebreakers.

Imgur review by <span>Dave B.</span>
Dave B.

"Great app, great website, great community"

What do you like best?

Imgur is great for hosting images and GIFs, but what really keeps me coming back is the community of users. Users interact with one another through comments, upvotes, and follows, and have built their own sort of inside jokes and references. Each post has the opportunity to leave an upvote (something you like), a downvote (something you don't like), or a favorite (something you want to save in your favorites tab).

What do you dislike?

When browsing, you'll occasionally get the error "Imgur is over capacity" and can't view the content you're trying to access, but it doesn't happen too frequently. Also, because the content is user curated and submitted, you'll sometimes see reposts or things that may be innappropriate for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You can host your own images, or browse through a ton of user submitted content. The app is pretty user friendly, and the website is also. The UI on the app is intuitive and makes it easy to share content with friends outside of the app. The website is mobile friendly, so you can access it on your phone even without downloading the app, which is nice when sharing via text or email.

Imgur has users from all different fields and walks of like, and they are often responsive if you ask a legitimate question. It's also a great place to find ideas and inspiration, as people can post their own creations and designs.

Imgur review by <span>William G.</span>
William G.

"Great Site"

What do you like best?

Imgur is an easy to use former picture hosting site that has now become similar to the likes of 9gag, here the wonderful community share photos both funny and beautiful, it allows for image posting and gifs, gifs in my honest opinion being the highlight, the community can be very creative with them.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that as a social site it is very primitive, sites like Reddit handle the community side of things better, taking away the comments from imgur would leave it being a very basic image sharing site with no real purpose as sites like facebook, reddit and twitter can do ti much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if all you're after is posting a Gif and or Image to a website then Imgur is your new best friend, if not stick to Reddit, facebook, tumblr and twitter.

if you have a friend or colleague who doesn ot have facebook, twitter, reddit or any social media site, and you want to send them an image, this is your ideal website. The Viewer base and simplicty of how the site works is a very huge benefit.

Imgur review by <span>Melissa N.</span>
Melissa N.

"One of the best "

What do you like best?

Imgur is one of the best photo sharing applications out there. It is easy to find what you're looking for. I tend to use the site and app to just find all of the funny things that there is to see. The site is really easy to navigate once you get the hang of it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have found Troublesome about this application was making different albums. I really found myself having a hard time creating different albums, the ones that are private, for followers, and public. Most of my albums ended up being for public since I was not able to get the things working out right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to not really put really personal images on this platform as there are a lot of users that will take those images and use them for something else.

I am currently not dealing with any problems regarding work. There is a learning curve when you are your own business owner. I am constantly on the search for different sharing outlets when it comes to my images. This is one of the better ones for beginners.

Imgur review by <span>Jared H.</span>
Jared H.

"Wonderful image repository"

What do you like best?

The ease of search. The depth of images. The humor and the snark really are what make the site what it is.

What do you dislike?

Not as refined as Google Images, or other stock image sites. Joining this community can be a two-edged sword.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to give it a try, its a lot of fun and the community can be very receptive to brands/companies/businesses if done right.

Helps with checking the pulse of the internet, to understand what is trending, what is going viral, and what is funny at the moment.

Imgur review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"My favorite image hosting!"

What do you like best?

Image hosting is wonderful with Imgur. What I like most is the feature to make private albums that can be viewed with a direct URL. This allows me to send people photos over email they can view and download at full resolution without having to deal with paying for cloud drives and storage.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot to dislike. I love using Imgur for personal and business use.

It allows me to send photos to fellow employees and companies I work with beyond my email's capacity. Having private albums for the company with images we regularly use is helpful. Imgur allows us to frequently return to these images on any device- without the hassle of having to give anyone permission to an album beyond the url. Most are familiar with the website Imgur which makes it easy.

Imgur review by <span>Ujay K.</span>
Ujay K.

"Great way to upload and view images. Good way to share."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease of uploading photos for sharing. Makes sharing with others without having to download very easy.

What do you dislike?

I dont like how you are essentially giving photos to a public site, but that is the price you pay for easy file sharing.

Benefits include quick sharing and public sharing of photos.

Imgur review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great partner for a growing niche market."

What do you like best?

Besides the growing "geek" and millenials market, their new ad units are creative and appealing to many advertisers. The community on imgur is one of the strongest and is a great target for many advertisers.

What do you dislike?

The target on Imgur is still growing and can sometimes be a tough sell to some advertisers with specific goal in mind. The audience on imgur are primarily millennials and is not appealing to advertisers with a mature audience in mind,

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Imgur meets your target audience, it will be a great partnership. The level of support is great, but there are some limitations and limited reach of audience. The community on Imgur is smart and is typically more engaged when the ads resonate with their interest.

Reaching an engaging audience willing to take action on on our ad messages. The benefits of running with imgur is having a tech savvy community that is receptive to ads that resonate with them .

Imgur review by <span>Mark V.</span>
Mark V.

"Best photo hosting service out there"

What do you like best?

I love how you can instantly drag and drop a photo and get a host url to post on social media. I use it daily. One of the other biggest features is how large the community is. With a simple search I can find 1000s of photos right at my fingertips. I like how its moving towards being a social network.

What do you dislike?

Way too many ads. I would pay for a subscription to get rid of the ads.

I have been using Imgur for many many years. It makes me laugh daily. Its not just a photo uploader. It can host many different file types.

Imgur review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Quick and simple host for your pictures"

What do you like best?

I like that is really simple to upload your images and share with the community but the best option is that you can share it with only the people you want to see it with a link.

The file size can be quite big and gets it processed real quick.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, the only thing is that if you don't have a direct link to upload or signed on your account, is kinda hard to find where to upload in mobile without the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product, worth it since is free and with not so many ads.

If I need to upload a picture fast and share it, I do it here.

Imgur review by User in Higher Education

"An image hosting site that's a little clunky"

What do you like best?

I like that you can arrange photos on Imgur in albums, with separate captions for each image. Since Imgur is used so much all over the web (for hosting images uploaded on sites like Reddit or 9gag), it's also very reliable. I know that if I host something on Imgur, the webpage isn't going to suddenly crash, no matter how many people decide to go look at it at once.

What do you dislike?

I think the front page of Imgur is a little silly - it's a feed of the most popular user-submitted images, so there are a lot of things that are uninteresting to people outside that particular fanbase or group. I think it would make more sense if Imgur had a front page that showed off its capabilities as an image hosting site, rather than just showing the different images hosted by various people.

I host images on Imgur when I need to quickly show designs to clients or make sure many people can see an image without website issues. Sometimes it is hard to predict how many hits a particular image will get, and if the number is in the thousands other image hosting sites can crash.

Imgur is also helpful when sharing photos with family and friends - you can set a photo's privacy so that only people who have the link can see it. So it's easy to send an album link to a friend, and know that your friends can see it but not strangers on the internet.

Imgur review by <span>Samantha K.</span>
Samantha K.

"Easiest Mobile Photo Platform!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to upload photos from my phone. I'm often browsing Reddit during my commute and use Imgur to send pictures without hassle.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I haven't run into any problems!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a platform you can easily use on desktop and mobile with no ridiculous complications or attributes, Imgur is your friend.

On-the-go use is so key, and Imgur lets you do that seamlessly without cumbersome logins or app downloads.

Imgur review by <span>Mark T.</span>
Mark T.

"Great Free Image Hosting"

What do you like best?

Imgur is by far one of the best image hosting available. It is simple to use, embed, save, etc.

What do you dislike?

Imgur is moving in a weird direction as they are trying to become more of a "social network". I don't think this is the right direction for them to take.

Imgur has allowed me to upload and send albums of images to clients otherwise too big for an email attachment.

Imgur review by <span>Matthew F.</span>
Matthew F.

"Super simple hosting platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to upload using a multitude of ways is amazing. I like how I can integrate it into my software via api. It also gives a lot of options for presenting, ie direct links and what not.

What do you dislike?

The comments people leave can sometimes get out of hand but this is not imgur's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it, it's super stable and easy to use.

I use it to host images that I use for various things.

Imgur review by <span>Kiarash T.</span>
Kiarash T.

"Imgur"

What do you like best?

One of the best and easiest ways of uploading and quickly sharing picture or an album of pictures online.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that now they are turning their website into a social media than what it was originally planned out to be. Also they are advertising their app constantly, almost every single time I visit a link from my mobile device.

Quickly uploading and sharing pictures.

Imgur review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Imgur is great for networking"

What do you like best?

Imgur I see a good platform, or business networking. It brings my work to a worlwide audience. This allows me to connect with clients and other professionals.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the site is glitchy, and it takes what feels like ages to upload images. I have also encountered trolls on the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free publicity? Who would say no to That?

Not really a problem, but I've found a new audience for my fine art work, and occasionally new clients.

Imgur review by User in Internet

"Imgur is like Michael Cera for the Mind..."

What do you like best?

The images are great and funny but the user comments are the real gems. I will almost daily laugh out load at the comments and how witty they are.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could tag and favorite the images I want to go back to later on. Other than that I really dont have much issues with them.

They allow me to host images on surveys that I send out. Other than that they are just a great waste of time for me during the day.

Imgur review by User in Outsourcing/Offshoring
User in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Imgurians! "

What do you like best?

The community, the content and daily browsing.

What do you dislike?

The pitchforks of certain community members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Advertising on Imgur requires a skill to make post seem natural.

Getting the gist of advertisements down.

Learning about Imgur?

* We monitor all Imgur reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Imgur to Similar Solutions