ImportOmatic

4.9

ImportOmatic is a data integration solution for Raiser's Edge.

Work for ImportOmatic?

Learning about ImportOmatic?

ImportOmatic Reviews

Ask ImportOmatic a Question
Showing 12 ImportOmatic reviews
ImportOmatic review by Carlene J.
Carlene J.

"I want more than a one night stand with ImportOmatic. I want a Long Term Relationship."

What do you like best?

ImportOmatic is life changing. The standard Raiser's Edge importing features are a nightmare but ImportOmatic makes it totally dreamy to do complicated imports! Their customer support is outstanding and they are continually developing the product based upon customer feedback. Additionally, there is a lot of good information in the forums and their training videos are quite helpful. ImportOmatic revolutionized my job, and Omatic Software is my now my favorite software company! Their tools are AMAZING!

What do you dislike?

I don't want to say that I dislike anything! However one challenge is that because it is such a robust and powerful tool, it can take time to set up import templates to do exactly what you want them to do. It is important to test and retest if one is doing very complicated things with the tool. However straightforward name & address import/updates are very manageable and easy to do out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd evaluate not only the type and number of imports done regularly but also the amount of hand-entry is done which could be converted to an import if one had the correct tool. Not only does IOM work for constituent data but is also works for gifts, so there is opportunity to streamline gifts processing partcularly if one uses a caging service.

There are aspects of my job that, quite frankly, can't be done by using the standard import tools provided by Blackbaud, but IOM allows me to get creative. It saves me time and money while increasing accuracy of my data. We have a number of disparate systems on campus yet I am able to take data from any system or spreadsheet and work out a template to bring the data into Raiser's Edge. The field mapping process makes things so easy! The biggest way I use IOM is for our annual student/parent "rollover" of data at the end of one school year to the beginning of the next school year. I can now import new students, their parents, link the parents to each other, link the business relationships of the parents to their records AND update all sibling relationships and grandparent relationships all using IOM (and a little outside magic from Crystal Reports to isolate certain relationships to be updated.)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ImportOmatic
ImportOmatic review by Regina D.
Regina D.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

ImportOmatic is much more user friendly than Raiser's Edge Import. You have virtual fields that you can use for information that's the same for the entire import, which saves time building your csv files. The overall speed of ImportOmatic is faster than Raiser's Edge Import.

What do you dislike?

There are still some limitations to ImportOmatic where not all fields are available. We still need to use Raiser's Edge Import at times, for example when we load education and degree information.

Speed and efficiency is our biggest thing. We take a live feed from our campus PeopleSoft database and we have a script that runs on the server that automatically allows ImportOmatic to process files as they are created.

What On-Premise Data Integration solution do you use?

ImportOmatic review by Rivki R.
Rivki R.

"Great Product, Great People"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is the top but I was also very impressed with how responsive customer services is.

What do you dislike?

There are a few improvements they could make with the software. For example it would be nice to be able to navigate to open multiple windows.

We needed have many users (including less technical ones) import data from outside sources into our central database. The software we were using until we implemented omatics have a complex and non-intuitive solution that allowed for many errors in critical data. Omatics has empowered more users to do the task so it did not have to go into one (busy) persons queue.

ImportOmatic review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Import-O-Matic makes my life easier!"

What do you like best?

The integration with RE is seamless; it's super user friendly; the training provided by Omatic is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes have to perform multiple imports of the same spreadsheet to get all the data into RE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to import data from multiple sources, this is the software for you! It seamlessly integrates with RE, making importing a snap. You can import without needing Import IDs, you can import data that RE won't let you import using it's built in import tool, and it's so easy to use. You can copy profiles and edit only the fields you need so there's no need to reinvent the wheel. You can create dictionaries to translate data in the spreadsheet into RE data. With the click of a button, you can import in proper case no matter what your data file looks like.

Enables us to easily import documents from outside departments without much manual manipulation.

ImportOmatic review by Administrator

"You'll look forward to your next importing project"

What do you like best?

The ability to create templates for our recurring imports. Dictionaries are magical. Mapping is a dream

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is a bit steep. - it takes time to set up templates and dictionaries. Then there's testing to ensure the file imported is accurate; if not, then there are calls to support. However, I recognize there's a need for training/prep time when it comes to implementing a robust and powerful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering your purchase, take the time to look at some of the optional modules available within ImportOmatic. We added "MergeOmatic" (a duplicate identification/merge tool) and it's a much more sophisticated tool than the standard functionality found within Raiser's Edge. I would also recommend that you identify the right staff members to run and manage projects that utilize ImportOmatic. Staff who typically do not like to test processes, cross-check or analyze data after a global process or staff who tend to avoid researching or utilizing online resources to find solutions are not well-suited to this particular tool.

The process time of our recurring imports have dropped tremendously, giving our staff member more time to execute a new project that we've in turned used ImportOmatic to complete and put into our recurring queue.

ImportOmatic review by Lily B.
Lily B.

"Importomatic - More Flexibility for Complex Imports"

What do you like best?

Importomatic has allowed us to create complex, scheduled tasks to add and remove data points in our database (Raiser's Edge).

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about the product.

We have to move data from many systems into our central database. This has helped us to ensure data integrity and to reduce errors associated with manual processes.

ImportOmatic review by Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.

"Great Product - Very Expensive"

What do you like best?

Really powerful and flexible product to steam line data import to RE.

What do you dislike?

The price tag can exclude smaller orgs who, arguable, may need it more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality product that can be essential for importing gifts and constituents to RE.

Importing gifts directly into batch for processing. It handles duplicate checks very well.

ImportOmatic review by Jenny S.
Jenny S.

"Omatic staff is great to work with and very knowledgeable of Raiser's Edge and Omatic!"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to save so much time on my imports for students and parents.

What do you dislike?

I would love to know everything about ImportOmatic, List Management and FindOmatic . I know this takes time but when I know more it will be so helpful to me and my organization.

Importing students and parents would take me about a week and now it will be a snap!

ImportOmatic review by Administrator

"Import O-Matic saves time and steps!"

What do you like best?

The mapping is easy and you don't need import id's for every field.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything. I just need to learn more about the dictionary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do a lot of imports, and if they take a lot of time finding the import id's for the proper fields, this is for you. Mapping is so much easier!

In our university, we need to keep import projects on a regular and timely manner. Setting up imports in IOM and saving them, helps for future imports.

"Easy to use product"

What do you like best?

ImportOmatic is easy to use and pretty intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about the product, would've just preferred to know that we had been paying for the E-Library and not using it.

We've been able to get data in RE much quicker. Improves our organizational efficiency.

ImportOmatic review by Mindy C.
Mindy C.

"Valuable tool for importing"

What do you like best?

ImportOmatic is very user friendly. Used almost daily.

What do you dislike?

Wish it was possible to edit/configure your import and then execute the import all in one area.

Importing Raiser's Edge data easily; a real time saver not having to set up complicated RE Imports.

"Changed my life!"

What do you like best?

It frees up so much time so that I can concentrate on more important things then entering data!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, I wish I had more control over creating duplicate records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth every penny!

Saves time, saves money and allows us to be better fundraisers.

Learning about ImportOmatic?

* We monitor all ImportOmatic reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.