Indeed

Indeed is a worldwide employment-related search engine for job listings the provides service inclding job search, job trends, resume upload, storage and search, industry trends, salary search, job competition index, and website forums.

Work for Indeed?

Learning about Indeed?

Indeed Reviews

Showing 121 Indeed reviews
Indeed review by <span>Brandy R.</span>
Brandy R.

Fantastic solution for few annual job postings

What do you like best?

- Templates for contacting candidates

- Status management of candidates

- Great features for free

- Optional paid ads at a per click rate

- The ability to add in additional users for posted jobs

- Interview scheduling with candidate

What do you dislike?

Lack of additional features (for which I'd pay for):

- Inability to delete/organize templates

- No additional/custom statuses, like confirming you've contacted candidates within a status

- The inability of limiting additional users for posted jobs to specific jobs or task delegation

- No keyword searching except on candidate name. No ability to isolate candidates based on explicit experience.

- We used to be able to enter candidates that came from sources other than Indeed. That's no longer a feature and it was useful.

- Inability to turn a job back on and have it re-appear in a recent search OR inability to copy a job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a larger company with more job postings, you'll likely need something more robust. If you don't have high turnover or more than 5 job postings in a year, this solution is hard to beat.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Indeed
Indeed review by <span>Aimee J.</span>
Aimee J.

Key Job Search Site in Career Related Work

What do you like best?

I like that it's user friendly, usually yields pretty good search results, and is simple, yet aesthetically pleasing. It is easy to explain to students and alumni both, and has a large database of jobs. It is my go-to site when searching for a job for myself and for others.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of is that it doesn't always yield super accurate results. There are some times when the jobs it compiles aren't exactly what we're looking for. But I think that's the nature of job search websites. I truly love Indeed and everything it has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work with students and alumni who are looking for available positions, so I do not use the functions on the site as someone who might be posting would. I use it from the front-end to search, so my experience is a bit different. But I utilize it in every appointment I have and it truly is the first resource we put in front of our students and alumni who are job searching.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

Indeed review by <span>John P.</span>
John P.

Ultimate Career Search Engine

What do you like best?

Indeed is the Google of job searches. Not only have I personally been able to find and get linked to new career opportunities, I've equally posted my own positions (or had them bulled manually) to attract top talent. The ease of Indeed to "quick apply" I believe highly increases applicant traffic, and after getting setup with Indeed we absolutely saw more applicants coming in.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the vast reach of Indeed can attract and turnout a wide range of candidates. Specifically, candidates completely lacking experience, education, or other work authorization requirements. The quick apply is a blessing and a curse because it can allow anyone to apply in a single click, and there are absolutely serial applicants out there who will apply to everything. Some of the pay for clicks can be a little tricky to understand without proper training or working alongside a vendor rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's most important to ensure that Indeed service are compatible with your organizations applicant tracking system. This was the real deal maker in my organization's relationship with Indeed. Also, when having jobs posted be sure to adjust working titles to commonly used titles (i.e. Registered Nurse vs Clinical Nurse as my organization saw). As with all search engines common language and matching is key for seekers to locate your position, so abbreviated and less common language can backfire in how many views you get.

Indeed review by <span>Patrick W.</span>
Patrick W.

Gold Standard For Job Search

What do you like best?

After posting my information on Indeed, my inbox and phone have been ringing off the hook with relevant recruiters and opportunities that get better every day.

What do you dislike?

Indeed has a lot of recruiters that seem to be reaching out in a scattershot fashion with canned emails and very low interaction until you're further along in the process. This can get very annoying as you may have to go back and forth answering questions about information that should be visible on your profile/resume before you even know what they're reaching out about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For job seekers: be ready to get a lot of opportunities. If you're actively searching, dedicate a few minutes per day to following up with recruiters that found you on Indeed and ensuring they get back to you. From my experience, it appears that a number of the recruiters on Indeed are likely contacting lots and lots of people for one opportunity. Recruiters that find me on LinkedIn or via Dribbble/Behance/etc. tend to have much more personal, high-touch approaches.

Indeed review by <span>Kelly W.</span>
Kelly W.

Greatest percentage of applicants

What do you like best?

Since it pulls job postings from across the web, including other job boards and career sites, it ends up being our # 1 source of applicants. Sponsoring jobs is a great way to increase the exposure and I highly recommend it. The 1-click apply feature makes it even easier for applicants to submit their resume and it parses in the ATS.

What do you dislike?

When searching for a job, even if I type the exact title of a job I have posted, many times it is several pages down and the jobs above are barely related and don't even have the same title. Also, resumes that come through the 1-click apply often end up formatted incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It is the best source of applicants. Sponsoring jobs is highly recommended as it increases exposure by having your jobs at the top.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods

Indeed for Recruiting

What do you like best?

As an HR department of one, the ease of posting, pausing, updating, and managing an ad is a huge plus as well as the ability to use the system to track and log applicants. However the biggest benefit is the knowledge that, when hiring managers post to Indeed directly, resumes are being logged and tracked by the system as a default.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the ability to ask qualifying questions of job applicants I am finding that many applicants are simply saying "yes" to the questions even though their resumes clearly do not support the assertion that they have x-years of experience or that the live in specific geographical locations

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have had great success with Indeed in some markets and not as good of success in others. We are fairly new users of Indeed but have had relative success so far. The only caution is that the cost for sponsored postings can be deceptive as the clicks can quickly add up resulting in posting through Indeed exceeding the costs of posting via more traditional sources.

Learning about Indeed?

* We monitor all Indeed reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.