Indeed

Indeed is a worldwide employment-related search engine for job listings the provides service inclding job search, job trends, resume upload, storage and search, industry trends, salary search, job competition index, and website forums.

Work for Indeed?

Learning about Indeed?

Indeed Reviews

Showing 141 Indeed reviews
Indeed review by Simon D.
Simon D.

"The best mass recruiting system available!"

What do you like best?

Whenever someone is looking for a job, the first place the majority are going firs is indeed.com. I advertise every job opportunity we have on indeed. The system is so easy to manage, within just couple clicks you can publish a job add, see all the previous that were published, see all your candidate, your carreer page and everything else you need.

What do you dislike?

Well it is kind of the victim of it's own success, there is so many job opportunity on indeed now that if you don't chosse the pay options your job add will be so far in the list nobody is going to see it. The only other thing I would add, is an applicant managing system. Something customable, something that allows you to set your usual different steps before hiring someone and where you could place your different candidate within each job to easily see how many you have in interviews, or pending review or waiting for a return after an offer, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is good, they are available, my account manager do an amazing job with me.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Indeed
Indeed review by Brandy R.
Brandy R.

"Fantastic solution for few annual job postings"

What do you like best?

- Templates for contacting candidates

- Status management of candidates

- Great features for free

- Optional paid ads at a per click rate

- The ability to add in additional users for posted jobs

- Interview scheduling with candidate

What do you dislike?

Lack of additional features (for which I'd pay for):

- Inability to delete/organize templates

- No additional/custom statuses, like confirming you've contacted candidates within a status

- The inability of limiting additional users for posted jobs to specific jobs or task delegation

- No keyword searching except on candidate name. No ability to isolate candidates based on explicit experience.

- We used to be able to enter candidates that came from sources other than Indeed. That's no longer a feature and it was useful.

- Inability to turn a job back on and have it re-appear in a recent search OR inability to copy a job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a larger company with more job postings, you'll likely need something more robust. If you don't have high turnover or more than 5 job postings in a year, this solution is hard to beat.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

Indeed review by Aimee J.
Aimee J.

"Key Job Search Site in Career Related Work"

What do you like best?

I like that it's user friendly, usually yields pretty good search results, and is simple, yet aesthetically pleasing. It is easy to explain to students and alumni both, and has a large database of jobs. It is my go-to site when searching for a job for myself and for others.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of is that it doesn't always yield super accurate results. There are some times when the jobs it compiles aren't exactly what we're looking for. But I think that's the nature of job search websites. I truly love Indeed and everything it has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work with students and alumni who are looking for available positions, so I do not use the functions on the site as someone who might be posting would. I use it from the front-end to search, so my experience is a bit different. But I utilize it in every appointment I have and it truly is the first resource we put in front of our students and alumni who are job searching.

Indeed review by Philip S.
Philip S.

"Best Job Site for the Buck"

What do you like best?

Indeed is very popular with job seekers so we receive more responses to our ads when we post on Indeed. The pricing model we use with them suits us the best and does not strain our recruiting budget.

What do you dislike?

As with most recruiting efforts, we receive many responses from people who are completely non-qualified and never should have applied to the posting. According to the Indeed pricing model, there is still a fee for those applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small by assigning limits to how much you wish to spend with them. Then, if satisfied with the responses, increase the budget and cost per unit parameters if you wish. If you are no satisfied, change the ad to better locate the candidates you are seeking.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions
G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions

"Great Applicant Management"

What do you like best?

From start to finish, Indeed made the process simple and intuitive. We had two positions we were hiring for and several people who needed to review the applications. It was easy to keep the resumes separate and code the applicants so that someone could pick up where another had left off. We could also really easily track the applicants throughout the process. I really liked the ability to save email templates to make it faster to email people during the different stages of the interview process.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything to complain about with the process and with Indeed!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We created one account and shared the login info with the people that needed access so that we could all work in the same spot. There is probably another way to do this, but it worked really well for our small staff to all see the same things.

Indeed review by John P.
John P.

"Ultimate Career Search Engine"

What do you like best?

Indeed is the Google of job searches. Not only have I personally been able to find and get linked to new career opportunities, I've equally posted my own positions (or had them bulled manually) to attract top talent. The ease of Indeed to "quick apply" I believe highly increases applicant traffic, and after getting setup with Indeed we absolutely saw more applicants coming in.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the vast reach of Indeed can attract and turnout a wide range of candidates. Specifically, candidates completely lacking experience, education, or other work authorization requirements. The quick apply is a blessing and a curse because it can allow anyone to apply in a single click, and there are absolutely serial applicants out there who will apply to everything. Some of the pay for clicks can be a little tricky to understand without proper training or working alongside a vendor rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's most important to ensure that Indeed service are compatible with your organizations applicant tracking system. This was the real deal maker in my organization's relationship with Indeed. Also, when having jobs posted be sure to adjust working titles to commonly used titles (i.e. Registered Nurse vs Clinical Nurse as my organization saw). As with all search engines common language and matching is key for seekers to locate your position, so abbreviated and less common language can backfire in how many views you get.

Indeed review by Deanna T.
Deanna T.

"Easy to use, not easy to get quality applications"

What do you like best?

Indeed.com is easy to use. I was able to post a job online with all required and preferred qualifications.

What do you dislike?

I was surprise to learn that we had to pay for our ad to be seen, and I did not like that we had to pay for its visibility. Ex: there was a specific cost for it to be seen x amount of times, and more expensive to see be seen more times than that. We are part of a relatively small industry for our area, so our visibility should have been greater based on search words.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend money.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Review of Indeed for finding job candidates"

What do you like best?

The cost was by far the best feature! It is quite easy to use - uploading the resume was fast as was setting up the pre-screening questions. I was amazed at how quickly I started to receive resumes for both positions and I did find the quality of the resumes to be better than I initially expected. I didn't realize that so many people were using the program.

What do you dislike?

I didn't want to reply to the candidates through the system so I contacted them via regular email. I found the email addresses that Indeed assigned to the candidates to be really long and difficult. I'm guessing that is intentional but for me it was cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a low cost way to reach a lot of potential candidates Indeed may be a good solution for you.

Indeed review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Gold Standard For Job Search"

What do you like best?

After posting my information on Indeed, my inbox and phone have been ringing off the hook with relevant recruiters and opportunities that get better every day.

What do you dislike?

Indeed has a lot of recruiters that seem to be reaching out in a scattershot fashion with canned emails and very low interaction until you're further along in the process. This can get very annoying as you may have to go back and forth answering questions about information that should be visible on your profile/resume before you even know what they're reaching out about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For job seekers: be ready to get a lot of opportunities. If you're actively searching, dedicate a few minutes per day to following up with recruiters that found you on Indeed and ensuring they get back to you. From my experience, it appears that a number of the recruiters on Indeed are likely contacting lots and lots of people for one opportunity. Recruiters that find me on LinkedIn or via Dribbble/Behance/etc. tend to have much more personal, high-touch approaches.

Indeed review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Greatest percentage of applicants"

What do you like best?

Since it pulls job postings from across the web, including other job boards and career sites, it ends up being our # 1 source of applicants. Sponsoring jobs is a great way to increase the exposure and I highly recommend it. The 1-click apply feature makes it even easier for applicants to submit their resume and it parses in the ATS.

What do you dislike?

When searching for a job, even if I type the exact title of a job I have posted, many times it is several pages down and the jobs above are barely related and don't even have the same title. Also, resumes that come through the 1-click apply often end up formatted incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It is the best source of applicants. Sponsoring jobs is highly recommended as it increases exposure by having your jobs at the top.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods

"Indeed for Recruiting"

What do you like best?

As an HR department of one, the ease of posting, pausing, updating, and managing an ad is a huge plus as well as the ability to use the system to track and log applicants. However the biggest benefit is the knowledge that, when hiring managers post to Indeed directly, resumes are being logged and tracked by the system as a default.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the ability to ask qualifying questions of job applicants I am finding that many applicants are simply saying "yes" to the questions even though their resumes clearly do not support the assertion that they have x-years of experience or that the live in specific geographical locations

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have had great success with Indeed in some markets and not as good of success in others. We are fairly new users of Indeed but have had relative success so far. The only caution is that the cost for sponsored postings can be deceptive as the clicks can quickly add up resulting in posting through Indeed exceeding the costs of posting via more traditional sources.

Indeed review by Cassie L.
Cassie L.

"My Main Job Board!"

What do you like best?

A lot of qualified candidates on Indeed. If no one is applying to my jobs I can usually source them!

What do you dislike?

A lot of unqualified candidates. But you can't blame Indeed for that, its just because everyone wants to find a job through them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a contact to work worth if you plan on posting a lot of jobs. They can be really helpful since they see the full market trend

Indeed review by Soumil K.
Soumil K.

"Very engaging and helpful team!"

What do you like best?

-> Helpful enterprise sales team with a focus on solving problems.

-> Easy to use dashboard with seamless user experience for PPC.

-> Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test

What do you dislike?

-> More in-depth analysis of the traffic data should be provided to give more control to advertisers.

-> Due to dispersed team, certain decisions may take time.

-> Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there are any job boards looking to partner with Indeed, don't hesitate.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Easy, effective, and affordable"

What do you like best?

No frills. Indeed skips fancy functionality of other advertisers, but they still get the job done. This is a simple, efficient way to advertise for our company.

What do you dislike?

While the price is right and the no frills makes for an intuitive system - it's lacking in restricting access and reporting. Indeed has also become more popular for lesser-skilled positions. This means when it comes to filling higher level roles, less of those qualified applicants are looking on Indeed. Great tool depending on the quantity of roles you have to fill and the type of employees you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Caution if you have 20+ roles to fill. Managing them within Indeed would get very cumbersome. Also, understand the populations that are using Indeed to find a job.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Gambling & Casinos
G2 Crowd User in Gambling & Casinos

"Been doing job searching in Hong Kong and USA"

What do you like best?

I like indded best is the filters. Very thorough. I can reach out to candidates whose contact information is no available on their resume, which I like that because I respect people's personal inforamtion. The job posting page is very flexible, there is no restriction in how to name the title or else. You can do it like an advertising, make the language very customizable to the comopany image and control the impression delivered to aplicants.

What do you dislike?

I do like the design of the page. It looks practical but dull. Sites like LinkedIn is more fancy, and really enjoy using that product. Email notification can get annying sometimes, people that are ot good match, but you cannot turn it off because you dont want to miss out anything. Should have more selections in customizing information received from Email Notifications.

"Recruiting Tool"

What do you like best?

When i was working in the utilities industry there was a vast amount of resumes on this job board. Now that I am in technology I tend to notice not as many software applicants are uploading their resume here. Indeed tends to be one of the last tools that I utilize when looking for candidates. We do however always post our roles on indeed and they tend to generate some candidates who are on indeed looking for a position and then applying to our roles because they saw it on indeed. I like that our jobs automatically get posted without any extra work. I also like that this tool is free. When i first signed up they did set a call with me which was nice to have someone I could ask questions to- I have not talked to them since but I am sure if I had questions they would be responsive

What do you dislike?

I don't think it is as successful for finding people in the software industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn Boolean search this will help finding a good pool of candidates

Indeed review by Taffin S.
Taffin S.

"User Friendly for both Job Seekers and Recruiters"

What do you like best?

Again, ease of use. I am able to search by a variety of different filters and save my custom searches. They will send me emails of new candidates daily that match my search criteria and for the most part, the candidates match very closely.

What do you dislike?

While they have a different payment structure (pay per click), it is very frustrating to get an itemized bill come the end of the month when we have to submit expenses. I have asked our rep and they have no way around it at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you speak with a rep about how to get the best use out of the paid options vs. non-paid options.

"Indeed Resume Search"

What do you like best?

Resume sourcing through Indeed is reasonably priced and there are new qualified applicants in our field and in our hiring areas. The standardized resume format makes the process more smooth.

What do you dislike?

Reading through resume after resume can be tedious and downright mind-numbing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Indeed has two platforms available for sourcing job seekers. I have experienced with both sponsored job postings and sourcing candidates with resume search. I have had more success (with lower associated costs) by utilizing the resume search. The downside is the time that must be spent on a regular basis to ensure a steady flow of qualified applicants.

Indeed review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Indeed would you use it?"

What do you like best?

I like that you can quickly post and re-post your jobs. It does it for you and it also saves jobs as templates so you can easily duplicate the posting in other cities.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to pay per click. It should be only on folks that are actually looking for work. (On the resume side is what I am speaking about).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please note the skill hunting is not an automated process. You have to pick the candidates you are after.

Indeed review by Erik H.
Erik H.

"Free Job Postings"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that once we hired someone we were able to pause the job posting so that we weren't getting more resumes when we didn't need them. This allowed us to keep the job posting in case we needed to use the same ad in the future. It was also very easy to set up and get going.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything that I disliked about their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good ad to post. Make it detailed to exactly what the position entails.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Publishing
G2 Crowd User in Publishing

"Indeed - One of the best job boards for 2017"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigating and the quality candidates that I have received from Indeed versus other job boards. I think the higher quality and volume of candidates I receive is due to the ease of applicants applying for jobs. Applicants can upload their resume/LinkedIn and it quickly populates their application. The overall website layout is easy to navigate too, especially compared to Monster.

What do you dislike?

The search function on the hiring manager/company side for past applicants. I may be missing something, but I am not able to easily filter past resumes by date posted versus date updated. Therefore, a lot of the time I am reaching out to candidates who originally applied many years ago and are not longer interested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for applicants and hiring managers! I highly recommend it versus Monster/Careerbuilder.

"Hiring needs"

What do you like best?

I like that Indeed is common so a lot of professionals get on there to search for jobs that fit their needs. It is not something that repels qualified professionals; it is a reliable site and people know this about Indeed.

What do you dislike?

Majority of Indeed is great, but I do not like the fact that as a candidate, it lets you know that the employer viewed your resume but never sends you a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been on the employee side as well as the employer side of Indeed and I have been satisfied with both. It is a great way to connect with great employers and great employees.

Indeed review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"Streamlined and Easy to use."

What do you like best?

How intuitive it is and how easy it is to use. Even if the search parameters are wide, it can still find anything I am searching for. Also, the suggestions from the search and even backlogs of previous searches proved to be handy.

What do you dislike?

The resume process can be a bit tedious, but once it is uploaded, it makes sharing much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this brand. Whether searching or posting jobs, Indeed makes a difficult process quite a bit easier.

Indeed review by Kerry H.
Kerry H.

"Great Quality Candidates in the Southeast US"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of posting. As well as the monthly report of how each position has performed.

What do you dislike?

It is quite costly for the monthly subscription. However, my free posting performs great, and I have paid for one $300/month post that definitely performed well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try the free posting to see how many candidates you get with that. Once you upgrade you see about twice as many applicants and they are good quality. As a job seeker, I definitely saw the paid job postings more, so the payment is worth it.

Indeed review by Julien G.
Julien G.

"Powerfull but expensive platform"

What do you like best?

The access to analytic is very interesting for reporting purposes

What do you dislike?

The algorithms is very odd and keep changing, the indeed commercial team is very aggressive, forcing you to spend more and threatening you to put your account in "sponsored-only" for a certain location. It felt a bit like extortion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

train your account managers better and stop changing the way you do things.

"Great for posting jobs"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to post a position and the notifications you receive along the way. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some of the candidates don't take the time to complete their resumes and just send limited information. That isn't Indeed's fault, but they could maybe require more information to be completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have entry level positions, this is the best place to post your jobs free or at a low cost. You will not be disappointed.

Indeed review by Tammi O.
Tammi O.

"Different plans so can be customized to your budget"

What do you like best?

I liked that we could adjust the budget on job ads, they also offer free job postings.

What do you dislike?

Had to be specific with Job Titles and some free users were denied

Recommendations to others considering the product

Started using Indeed years ago via free ad then recently updated to Featured Employer Account. Depending on your needs it may be best to sponsor a job ad which would be middle ground

"Recruitment Advertising"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and that it is easy to use. It is one of the top sources of hire for us.

What do you dislike?

Because of the simplicity, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of resume searching. It seems to get buggy when utilizing boolean searching. The resume database could be easier to use with some more advanced searching capabilities. I do not like that it requires you to input a job description and other required information. Adding a job description goes against best practices of recruitment email marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend them simply because they are the largest/#1 job board and have a pretty extensive resume database.

Indeed review by Leah M.
Leah M.

"Excellent career and recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

I was found on Indeed. It is easy to build a professional resume and put in applications. I really like their resume search feature for recruiting. It allows me to pinpoint the most experienced candidates for the roles I need to fill and easily contact them with a templated message.

What do you dislike?

Easily being able to send a résumé is more of a benefit to the job seeker. I don't like that it is so easy to send résumés when I have a job posted because it allows a lot of unqualified applications to get through.

Indeed review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Great for overall candidate volume"

What do you like best?

I like the format/dashboard of the job positing for employers. Makes it very easy to see the candidates you have reviewed for each individual opportunity.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Indeed alters the resume format of the candidates who apply to postings through Indeed. Takes away accurate contact information like phone numbers and emails

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for to generate volume and identify where certain markets are, do not use for technical quality.

Indeed review by Levi S.
Levi S.

"Great for employers or job seekers"

What do you like best?

I love that so many people use indeed when searching for jobs. It draws a wide variety of applicants.

What do you dislike?

The site could be more visually appealing. It is just a job forum so it doesn’t need to be beautiful but if I had to pick something I’d prefer a better colour scheme and font.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely the best job posting service out there.

Indeed review by Nanci T.
Nanci T.

"Indeed Needs Some Work"

What do you like best?

They provide a great service that is user-friendly and manageable for small teams/companies.

What do you dislike?

The lack of communication, the lack of shared criteria for guidelines, the unfair payment practices, and sending through unqualified candidates,

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are hit and miss on a lot of things. They will completely shut down your account without ever saying a word to you if they deem your advert as not meeting their own guidelines.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Medical Practice
G2 Crowd User in Medical Practice

"Helpful, but can be expensive"

What do you like best?

The ability to say whether you are interested in the candidate and push them through the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

1. You pay per click. So if a person clicks on your ad, you pay whether they apply or not.

2. You don't get a candidate's real email address... Indeed blocks most contact information. This makes it difficult to get in touch with someone without using the Indeed system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can create an account for free. But, once you sponsor a post and give them your credit card, you will never be able to post for free again. You will always have to sponsor your listings.

Indeed review by Branka D.
Branka D.

"Administrative Assistant"

What do you like best?

I like the best, that if I put certain criteria that the candidate needs to have, it immediately let's me know if the candidate has those qualifications, also that I don't have to draft a rejection letter to each employee, i just click a button and it send an email. The best part is it's free.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that I received so many unqualified candidates, and having to go through so many resumes.

Indeed review by Autumn M.
Autumn M.

"Senior recruiter "

What do you like best?

The ease of contacting candidates. It allows you to quickly view a snapshot without having to view each resume in its entirety to effectively email blast.

What do you dislike?

It would be fantastic to have a way to export candidate lists of who you've contacted, alternatively it would be great to filter out who you have already viewed and contacted so they are not showing in search results.

Indeed review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"Decent resume search, especially for UK roles"

What do you like best?

Free resume search globally can greatly increase your candidate pool, making it much easier to find hires.

What do you dislike?

Contacting candidates can be inconvenient. It can be time consuming to use their messaging system, especially across different roles. The UI could also use some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is a great service for the price (none, at least for resume search), however it could definitely be better with it's layout and messaging service

Indeed review by Hayley C.
Hayley C.

"Very pleased with Indeed"

What do you like best?

It makes it very simple to search for jobs by category.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I didn't like about Indeed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Indeed for job searching. Simple and quick to navigate.

Indeed review by Jeri L.
Jeri L.

"Indeed - Healthcare Recruiting firm review "

What do you like best?

Selection of candidates and ease of searching them/posting jobs

What do you dislike?

Not just having the ability to post jobs without doing a PPC campaign. Indeed does not allow recruiting/staffing firms jobs to be posted in their organic search (main search) only PPC, so feel that it is not fair to us and only given advantage to employers.

Indeed review by Wil C.
Wil C.

"Great and Reliable Job Search Engine"

What do you like best?

Indeed is efficient in making sure that my resume is seen by relevant employers for whom I may be a good fit as well as notifying me of interested employers through notifications by email as well as text messaging.

What do you dislike?

The mobile platform could use some more work.

Indeed review by Tricia B.
Tricia B.

"The free tools are a great way to build your database and find great candidates!"

What do you like best?

The free tools are very easy to use. You get a great return of resumes from job postings.

What do you dislike?

Indeed is a little tricky when it comes to sponsoring jobs. If you enter your CC information, it will automatically charge your card. Customer service is not easy to work with in regards to refunds/credits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never enter your credit card information

"Super easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use. I can literally post a job in less than a minute.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to complain about. This is easy and straight to the point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a super easy site to post jobs on. I recommend having a job description prepared ahead of time, as it makes it even easier to post a job!

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Indeed Review"

What do you like best?

I like that you are able to easily apply to jobs and that you can upload a resume to the site.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that often you may not be able to fully refine your search or that the search you have may pop up with jobs that don't apply to you. This is the biggest issue I have run into thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found if you post as much information as you can about the job, it may help others find the job easier in a search or weed out unwanted applicants.

Indeed review by Cyndi R.
Cyndi R.

"Very Good "

What do you like best?

The fact that I can also sort through my candidates, tag and send communication to them all at the same time.

What do you dislike?

The having to pay to contact candidates if I source resumes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to the team if they contact you. They have a lot of helpful ideas for you and can give you advice on getting better responses to your postiongs.

Indeed review by Troy H.
Troy H.

"Great Recruiting Tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you post a job for certain skill sets and you come across qualified candidates

What do you dislike?

I seem to find that at times when you post for certain skill sets you have a lot of unqualified candidates respond

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Indeed to other recruiters since it's an easy tool to find candidates.

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use, high visibility to job seekers"

What do you like best?

They automatically pull our ads, however, I have posted manually and it is an easy/quick process. If you want to have a "sponsored" job, they will give your ad a more prominent presence. Indeed has probably the highest visibility of all of the job boards.

What do you dislike?

Our job ad drops to the end quite quickly. When we did a "sponsored" ad, it was impossible to "nail down" the cost since they do a cost-per-click pricing which is very confusing and impossible to calculate - it seems a little like a scam to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are eager for your business

G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Indeed - One Stop Shop!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of job posts. The format of the pages was streamline and easy to follow, especially when I was pressed for time.

What do you dislike?

I enjoy the screening questions when candidates apply, however I've noticed that it does not restrict under qualified candidates from applying, which is unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of the customer service team! They are fantastic!

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Environmental Services
G2 Crowd User in Environmental Services

"Great features for advertising jobs and reviewing candidates and largely free"

What do you like best?

It is free to post a job. Also, the features allowing candidates to be rated and sorted are very useful.

What do you dislike?

The site is regularly trying to get you to pay for enhanced job adverts, and I get quite a few sales calls telling me that I'm missing applicants by not paying for a sponsored job. But this is a minor annoyance to be able to make use of the free features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't comment on the full paid-for service, but the free online job boards are great - give them a try, you've got nothing to lose!

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Restaurants
G2 Crowd User in Restaurants

"Great hiring website"

What do you like best?

I like that it’s more user friendly than Craigslist and more professional and that includes company reviews so you get the right candidate.

What do you dislike?

I disjlike the fact in order to use indeed to its full potential you have to pay for the service and “sponsor” it.

Indeed review by Bill N.
Bill N.

"Excellent tool for jobs"

What do you like best?

Brings a lot of candidates quickly and is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Does Not filter correctly, you get a lot of non-qualified candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you need to be very specific on your job posts, put as many filters as you can and understand you will get a lot of worthless candidates.

Indeed review by Dave O.
Dave O.

"Indeed Candidate Search"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. And Advanced Resume Search has good field entries to narrow my specific searches.

What do you dislike?

Years of Work Experience limits to a single selection instead of a greater span of years. Also, would like the option to purchase "block" access versus paying $1 per email transaction when finding a desired candidate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been a cost-effective resource for me, the Corporate Recruiter, and my employer.

Indeed review by Julie O.
Julie O.

"Great site"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. People who need jobs will have no trouble, and those who need to find workers will be happy to know that the precess is pretty automated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the locations can be messed up.

Indeed review by Kristen B.
Kristen B.

"Indeed for Employers"

What do you like best?

It is very quick to post a job, and there are lots of online resumes posted to look through for a candidate.

What do you dislike?

A $1 fee to contact each person who has posted their resume is reasonable, but it would be nice to have a free feature.

"Useful recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

I like getting the daily alerts of new individuals who have posted their resumes.

What do you dislike?

Noted above, sometimes it is just way off base when titles consist of more than one word.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep communication with the reps open and ongoing or one can get lost as they tend to focus on new clients.

Indeed review by tara t.
tara t.

"Indeed is a helpful site for both seekers and lookers"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the ability to really target our needs.

What do you dislike?

We often get too many responses with some job types and that can be cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it. It's worth it.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Ok but not a great alternative for integrating other software platforms"

What do you like best?

Good georgraphical coverage across Canada.

What do you dislike?

Not great for integration to other software platforms. Works but company holds you for ransom unless you purchase other paid services. They delay your integration

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for general hiring and coverage but careful when doing project or software integrations.

G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Our Biggest Source of Candidates"

What do you like best?

Indeed integrates with our ATS and scrapes our jobs multiple times a day. When we need to feature a job, we send a quick email to our account manager and it's done. That easy!

What do you dislike?

Jobs posted over 120 days ago are not scraped by the system. You have to re-post the job, which is a hassle, but it will put your jobs back on the board.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sponsoring your jobs is an additional cost, but it keeps your positions at the top and gives it more visibility.

Indeed review by Janet S.
Janet S.

"Strong results so far"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, relatively inexpensive, good number of qualified candidates

What do you dislike?

I can't think of much that I dislike about Indeed at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try it. Relatively inexpensive and the quality of candidates is higher than other job boards.

G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Use Indeed to recruit candidates every day"

What do you like best?

I like the image Indeed has in the market with candidates. The fact that candidates have to accept a message in order to get a phone call almost assures the recruiter that the candidate is reliable and has a genuine interest in the position.

What do you dislike?

With that being said, Indeed is much more of a passive recruiting tool due to the fact that are no guarantees you will get responses and phone numbers to set up phone interviews.

Indeed review by Julie R.
Julie R.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to post jobs and see how many people have both viewed the posting and applied.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Indeed sometimes requires jobs to be sponsored to continue to be posted on the site.

Indeed review by Eileen P.
Eileen P.

"Job Hunting Made Simple"

What do you like best?

The ability to search within your specific field and location to see what the current market looks like and also to see competitive salary and job requirements.

What do you dislike?

Too many unsolicited email not pertaining to your requirements.

Indeed review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"Great Site for Sourcing Candidates"

What do you like best?

I like that Indeed is easy to use, both for recruiters and candidates. A large portion of our hires come from Indeed.

What do you dislike?

Indeed can get a little cluttered at times, but otherwise has been a great tool.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Computer & Network Security
G2 Crowd User in Computer & Network Security

"Casts a large net"

What do you like best?

We like the vast net indeed casts. It does capture a lot of people and keeps our company out front in our market.

What do you dislike?

When we use indeed, it can open the flood gates to an overwhelming number of people. It appears that most candidates that are successful will noir process are not from indeed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They get people for you, but it is your interview process that needs to be strong, combined with knowing who you are looking for.

Indeed review by Kristin G.
Kristin G.

"Indeed Review"

What do you like best?

I receive the resumes for the candidates that applied for the job to my email. Makes it very easy to reach out.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Indeed.

Indeed review by Kristi S.
Kristi S.

"Avid User "

What do you like best?

I really like the search format and that they pull resumes with all the keywords in it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we can't pay for the candidates contact info but have to send emails through indeed

Indeed review by Joi W.
Joi W.

"Best job board around"

What do you like best?

Job seekers usually respond quickly to inquiries.

What do you dislike?

Not as many professionals post on Indeed. Job seekers' contact information isn't listed, so users are unable to call potential candidates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've received great results by sourcing on Indeed.com.

G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Actively utilize the site for job searching and posting of resume."

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to have all employment information and attachments in your accounts and be able to apply to most openings with just a click of the mouse.

What do you dislike?

The openings that dont allow you to use the indeed link to just apply but rather you get redirected to their site to then have to enter all your info in again. Not really an indeed issue but rather the process of that potential employer using the service.

Indeed review by Angelina G.
Angelina G.

"Good if you sponsor your ad"

What do you like best?

It is simple and reached a lot of job seekers

What do you dislike?

They limit your posts if you do not sponsor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have better results if you sponsor your ad.

Indeed review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"Indeed is a great solution for hiring"

What do you like best?

The popularity of the site. They have a large following the supports alot of traffic.

What do you dislike?

More advertising - I currently hear the radio ads, but would love to see or hear more.

"Great for entry-level"

What do you like best?

The amount of candidates we get through Indeed is always high.

What do you dislike?

You can only contact candidates via indeed, not on your own-- not ideal for ATS integration!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use for executive level roles.

Indeed review by Amy R.
Amy R.

"Indeed Review"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate and use for someone who is not super tech savy.

What do you dislike?

Sometime you get TOO many applicants. But I assume thats with a lot of these job boards.

Indeed review by Logan S.
Logan S.

"I use indeed as a recruitment tool"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool for recruiters. When unable to find people elsewhere Indeed is a great go to

What do you dislike?

When people apply to a job without their phone numbers

Indeed review by April S.
April S.

"Love Indeed for finding new hires"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and works into our budget nicely.

What do you dislike?

Reminders that a job is open would be nice because I forget and then get charged a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this site.

Indeed review by Colleen B.
Colleen B.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The quality of leads have been of the greatest value. I love how it links with our ATS.

What do you dislike?

Applicants assume we receive their Resume or CV. That is not the case unless they upload it into our ATS.

"Helpful & Simple"

What do you like best?

Pre-screening questions to determine whether a candidate is qualified before calling for an interview.

What do you dislike?

The prescreening questions don't get rid of unqualified applicants. It simply tells you what they answered and you have to determine from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at other options to see what will best fit your business needs. There are a lot of lesser-qualified candidates on Indeed.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"I love using Indeed!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to search for jobs in your area as well as see average job title salaries. I also love how easy it is to post jobs and get responses from applicants.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about Indeed; it's that great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Indeed is a great way to find potential employees. You really have nothing to lose!

Indeed review by Dr. Natalie A.
Dr. Natalie A.

"Indeed is great for businesses"

What do you like best?

It was free and easy to use. I also got responses quickly.

What do you dislike?

It was hard to find my business when I searched for it online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely use Indeed over ZipRecruiter.

Indeed review by Jenna C.
Jenna C.

"Time saving Indeed is wonderful to use!!"

What do you like best?

The effectiveness of this tool and the resources who use indeed regularly to find work.

What do you dislike?

Sponsoring is needed to fully propel your job to be seen.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Apparel & Fashion
G2 Crowd User in Apparel & Fashion

"Job board that has a strong audience"

What do you like best?

I like the huge reach and audience this website has. The value Indeed comes from its wide reach and usage around the world.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are a lot of sponsored postings and a lot of necessary filtering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this tool for anyone looking to fill a position as quick as possible

Indeed review by Leslie J.
Leslie J.

"Good for finding job postings and searching resumes BUT"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use, but sometimes the simplicity can be its downfall

What do you dislike?

weird sorting, you have to pay to contact people now, never get responses when you DO contact them, etc.

Indeed review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Indeed Job Posting"

What do you like best?

We like the reach that indeed has to qualified applicants

What do you dislike?

There are no real drawbacks that we have seen to this point

Indeed review by Kristin K.
Kristin K.

"Indeed - resume viewer"

What do you like best?

You can tell when candidates update their resumes

What do you dislike?

There is no recruiter package that allows an unlimited reach out to candidates. You have to pay per email.

Indeed review by Mikayla H.
Mikayla H.

"Definitely recommend "

What do you like best?

It’s extremely helpful and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t dislike anything about this site. It’s great.

Indeed review by Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.

"excellent professional opportunity site"

What do you like best?

the number of possibilities and offers!

What do you dislike?

there are a bunch of junk jobs posted too

Indeed review by Heather M.
Heather M.

"Good for general board"

What do you like best?

Ability to identify potential candidate sources, leverage search function for general market availability

What do you dislike?

volume of unqualified applicants for professional positions

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a quantity based solution

Indeed review by Tom F.
Tom F.

"We recruit with Indeed for the construction industry."

What do you like best?

I like that we get a handful of highly qualified candidates.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we don't have more than a handful of highly qualified candidates.

G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Decent Job Board/Candidate Database"

What do you like best?

I like the number of candidates on the site and that you can search multiple factors like salary range, education level, and by title.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many candidates are "fake" or duplicate. I wish that Indeed allowed you to see social profiles or some sort of identifying trait to confirm the identity of a person.

"Good free alternative"

What do you like best?

That it's really easy and that it's free, unless you pay to upgrade your posts.

What do you dislike?

You get an unbelievable amount of garbage resumes and phone calls. Most people are not even close to the specs of the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not used their premium services, so I am not sure if that would add to the grade.

Indeed review by Valerie P.
Valerie P.

"This is our largest source of applications."

What do you like best?

This is our largest source of applications.

What do you dislike?

This is NOT our largest source of HIRES. Those come from referrals and rehires.

Indeed review by Dhruvi P.
Dhruvi P.

"Indeed"

What do you like best?

Ease with searching jobs as well as candidate pool

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything specific at this time

Indeed review by Jeff G.
Jeff G.

"Indeed"

What do you like best?

Indeed is well know and gets my ad in front of many people.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything to report in terms of dislikes

G2 Crowd User

"Great pool of candidates!!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy and simple to post and remove jobs. They also have a great pool of active and passive applicants.

What do you dislike?

Reactivating a post, makes it have the original date of posting, not the new date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend indeed and tell everyone that is one of my favorites sites to post and look for jobs.

"Job hunting made easy!"

What do you like best?

I love all of the job opportunities given by just one search!

What do you dislike?

I could be a little easier to apply to jobs by using the apply now option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a job or searching for a great new employee, then this is the app for you!

G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"used indeed at several employers with good results depending on field"

What do you like best?

I like that we get a lot of exposure on indeed and it's easy to budget each role

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to send out messages without getting flagged for spam, this happened to me twice in my last role

Recommendations to others considering the product

the cost per click is adjustable which makes it easy to budget

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Real Estate
G2 Crowd User in Real Estate

"An easy to use platform that provides results"

What do you like best?

I love that indeed is extremely user friendly and that there is a free option along with the paid option.

What do you dislike?

The quality of the resumes I have received from indeed is hit or miss. While the quantity is there, I would love a platform that could assist in better screening.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

The ease of posting ads. The amount of response we receive from our ads is amazing!

What do you dislike?

When copying and posting ads into their format it smashes everything together and we have to go in and manually fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for your recruiting needs.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Publishing
G2 Crowd User in Publishing

"Easy-to-use way to source job candidates."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to find candidates through boolean searches, and narrow down criteria from there.

What do you dislike?

It's frustrating to have to send potential candidates an email thru Indeed instead of being able to get their contact information automatically through a paid subscription.

"Indeed Review"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Indeed is the cost effectiveness and popularity of the website.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the jobs are organized. Some of the jobs seem to be on their multiple times as you search through the pages. I believe it could be better organized.

G2 Crowd User

"Great tool for job postings and searching for applicants"

What do you like best?

The indeed resume search function and working with the indeed team

What do you dislike?

the increasing cost to stay on the front page of job searches for certain markets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work alongside their team to listen to new hiring trends, and to use their advice when structuring budget for Indeed services

"Recruiter"

What do you like best?

We know our jobs are getting seen with Indeed and its quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

You only have a limited number of "views" to see a candidates contact information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Indeed is easy to use and works well with our other vendors!

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising
G2 Crowd User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Way to Find Great Talent!"

What do you like best?

While of course you can view all of the candidates who applied to your posting, I love the fact that Indeed essentially filters through them and highlights ones that are a "match."

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing to dislike. It is a free, great software!

Learning about Indeed?

* We monitor all Indeed reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.