Indeed

Indeed is a worldwide employment-related search engine for job listings the provides service inclding job search, job trends, resume upload, storage and search, industry trends, salary search, job competition index, and website forums.

Work for Indeed?

Learning about Indeed?

Indeed Reviews

Ask Indeed a Question
Showing 153 Indeed reviews
Indeed review by Brandy R.
Brandy R.

"Fantastic solution for few annual job postings"

What do you like best?

- Templates for contacting candidates

- Status management of candidates

- Great features for free

- Optional paid ads at a per click rate

- The ability to add in additional users for posted jobs

- Interview scheduling with candidate

What do you dislike?

Lack of additional features (for which I'd pay for):

- Inability to delete/organize templates

- No additional/custom statuses, like confirming you've contacted candidates within a status

- The inability of limiting additional users for posted jobs to specific jobs or task delegation

- No keyword searching except on candidate name. No ability to isolate candidates based on explicit experience.

- We used to be able to enter candidates that came from sources other than Indeed. That's no longer a feature and it was useful.

- Inability to turn a job back on and have it re-appear in a recent search OR inability to copy a job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a larger company with more job postings, you'll likely need something more robust. If you don't have high turnover or more than 5 job postings in a year, this solution is hard to beat.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Indeed
Indeed review by Adrian F.
Adrian F.

"Hiring the best candidates possible at no expense"

What do you like best?

I like how there is no cost to post a job listing on indeed. This makes hiring new talent easy. You are able to post a job listing and get qualified applicants to submit their application. They also provide filtering for resumes to get the the best qualified.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you have to post multiple time throughout the week to keep getting fresh candidates. Once you're job listing gets a few days old, it'll be hard to find it in major cities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering hiring new people to join your team, using indeed doesn't cost anything, unless you want to advertise your job listing. As it is one of the widely used sites you'll find enough talent to fulfill your needs.

With Indeed we are able to find new talent without having to spend money to pre-qualify or market our job listings, as indeed does it all for us.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

Indeed review by Paras S.
Paras S.

"Recruiting need indeed!"

What do you like best?

If you think recruiting is a numbers game indeed is that the right place to travel. i might get one hundred applications in one day future} using indeed and whereas not each candidate was qualified there have been forever diamonds in the rough.

What do you dislike?

I do like the style of the page. It’s sensible however uninteresting. Sites like LinkedIn are a lot of fancy, and extremely enjoy using that product. Email notification can get annoying typically, people who are not sensible match, however you cannot flip it off as a result of you don't want to miss out something. Ought to have additional choices in customizing data received from Email Notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Post all details. The additional details in your verbal description, the higher the algorithmic program works and you get sensible candidates.

The ability to quickly and simply realize new hires and to organizing and manage the method with efficiency.We are able to get enough candidates that we can hire to fill our ever growing client base at our organization.

Indeed review by Simon D.
Simon D.

"The best mass recruiting system available!"

What do you like best?

Whenever someone is looking for a job, the first place the majority are going firs is indeed.com. I advertise every job opportunity we have on indeed. The system is so easy to manage, within just couple clicks you can publish a job add, see all the previous that were published, see all your candidate, your carreer page and everything else you need.

What do you dislike?

Well it is kind of the victim of it's own success, there is so many job opportunity on indeed now that if you don't chosse the pay options your job add will be so far in the list nobody is going to see it. The only other thing I would add, is an applicant managing system. Something customable, something that allows you to set your usual different steps before hiring someone and where you could place your different candidate within each job to easily see how many you have in interviews, or pending review or waiting for a return after an offer, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is good, they are available, my account manager do an amazing job with me.

Indeed review by Aimee J.
Aimee J.

"Key Job Search Site in Career Related Work"

What do you like best?

I like that it's user friendly, usually yields pretty good search results, and is simple, yet aesthetically pleasing. It is easy to explain to students and alumni both, and has a large database of jobs. It is my go-to site when searching for a job for myself and for others.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of is that it doesn't always yield super accurate results. There are some times when the jobs it compiles aren't exactly what we're looking for. But I think that's the nature of job search websites. I truly love Indeed and everything it has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work with students and alumni who are looking for available positions, so I do not use the functions on the site as someone who might be posting would. I use it from the front-end to search, so my experience is a bit different. But I utilize it in every appointment I have and it truly is the first resource we put in front of our students and alumni who are job searching.

Indeed review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Best for finding qualified employees, quickly"

What do you like best?

The best part is that I can choose options to eliminate unqualified candidates automatically to save valuable time!

What do you dislike?

The part I dislike is that sometimes candidates do not read through the requirements in the description, and apply anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect for every candidate that applies to be qualified, there are some who still do not read the requirement section.

Solving lack of man power! Being able to have qualified candidates on board is great for business! Indeed is reliable.

Indeed review by Philip S.
Philip S.

"Best Job Site for the Buck"

What do you like best?

Indeed is very popular with job seekers so we receive more responses to our ads when we post on Indeed. The pricing model we use with them suits us the best and does not strain our recruiting budget.

What do you dislike?

As with most recruiting efforts, we receive many responses from people who are completely non-qualified and never should have applied to the posting. According to the Indeed pricing model, there is still a fee for those applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start small by assigning limits to how much you wish to spend with them. Then, if satisfied with the responses, increase the budget and cost per unit parameters if you wish. If you are no satisfied, change the ad to better locate the candidates you are seeking.

Indeed review by Administrator

"Great way to recruit and hire new employees with many hiccups that bring the experience of using iit"

What do you like best?

Indeed is such a well known and powerful tool to hire new employees, the name itself is synonymous with quality and is well known among many industries as a great recruiting tool. I used indeed many times to get jobs but as a recruiter I got to see how powerful it is and how far and wide it spreads to get many applications, I honestly couldn’t believe how many applications we got when we used it.

What do you dislike?

With many applications and a tool that grabs the attention of many comes the cost of having applicants that do not meet the minimum requirements and also are accrues the world. Our ad clearly stated our position is a local only position and yet we had many applications from other sides of the world in different countries, indeed shouldn’t allow those people to apply. It also needs a more robust applicant filtering tool, not having more than a few screening questions really hurts indeeed and caused us to waste a lot of time reviewing resumes that werent qualified. Indeed is also more expensive than its competition and would benefit from a more consumer friendly pricing model.

We need to hire an applicant fast and put out an ad on indeed. We realized that while indeeed does succeed in getting the attention of many applicants the quality of them is very low because of the lack of robust screening questions and allowing applicants to ignore our clearly stated in house only requirement was a huge waste of our and applicants time

Indeed review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Indeed Review"

What do you like best?

I have used indeed when I was looking for job and currently use it for hiring people. Indeed really helps me with my recruitment, its resume DB feature helped me to connect with both passive and active candidates. One of the thing I like about Indeed is it is a free tool, and it keeps our job live for 90 days but yes since its free the traffic flow to those jobs will be lesser than a sponsored jobs.

What do you dislike?

This year beginning they changed the Resume DB option to a paid subscription. And its expensive now.

Indeed had helped me with all my recruitment needs. And I have made quality hires as well.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions
G2 Crowd User in Religious Institutions

"Great Applicant Management"

What do you like best?

From start to finish, Indeed made the process simple and intuitive. We had two positions we were hiring for and several people who needed to review the applications. It was easy to keep the resumes separate and code the applicants so that someone could pick up where another had left off. We could also really easily track the applicants throughout the process. I really liked the ability to save email templates to make it faster to email people during the different stages of the interview process.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything to complain about with the process and with Indeed!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We created one account and shared the login info with the people that needed access so that we could all work in the same spot. There is probably another way to do this, but it worked really well for our small staff to all see the same things.

Indeed review by John P.
John P.

"Ultimate Career Search Engine"

What do you like best?

Indeed is the Google of job searches. Not only have I personally been able to find and get linked to new career opportunities, I've equally posted my own positions (or had them bulled manually) to attract top talent. The ease of Indeed to "quick apply" I believe highly increases applicant traffic, and after getting setup with Indeed we absolutely saw more applicants coming in.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the vast reach of Indeed can attract and turnout a wide range of candidates. Specifically, candidates completely lacking experience, education, or other work authorization requirements. The quick apply is a blessing and a curse because it can allow anyone to apply in a single click, and there are absolutely serial applicants out there who will apply to everything. Some of the pay for clicks can be a little tricky to understand without proper training or working alongside a vendor rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's most important to ensure that Indeed service are compatible with your organizations applicant tracking system. This was the real deal maker in my organization's relationship with Indeed. Also, when having jobs posted be sure to adjust working titles to commonly used titles (i.e. Registered Nurse vs Clinical Nurse as my organization saw). As with all search engines common language and matching is key for seekers to locate your position, so abbreviated and less common language can backfire in how many views you get.

Indeed review by Leanne M.
Leanne M.

"Good for the Most Part"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, post, and evaluate applicants. I like it better than any other recruiting website.

What do you dislike?

You tend to get people applying to help support their unemployment paychecks so there tends to be quite a few no shows to interviews.

We are able to get enough applicants that we can hire to fill our ever growing client base at our organization.

Indeed review by Deanna T.
Deanna T.

"Easy to use, not easy to get quality applications"

What do you like best?

Indeed.com is easy to use. I was able to post a job online with all required and preferred qualifications.

What do you dislike?

I was surprise to learn that we had to pay for our ad to be seen, and I did not like that we had to pay for its visibility. Ex: there was a specific cost for it to be seen x amount of times, and more expensive to see be seen more times than that. We are part of a relatively small industry for our area, so our visibility should have been greater based on search words.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to spend money.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Review of Indeed for finding job candidates"

What do you like best?

The cost was by far the best feature! It is quite easy to use - uploading the resume was fast as was setting up the pre-screening questions. I was amazed at how quickly I started to receive resumes for both positions and I did find the quality of the resumes to be better than I initially expected. I didn't realize that so many people were using the program.

What do you dislike?

I didn't want to reply to the candidates through the system so I contacted them via regular email. I found the email addresses that Indeed assigned to the candidates to be really long and difficult. I'm guessing that is intentional but for me it was cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a low cost way to reach a lot of potential candidates Indeed may be a good solution for you.

Indeed review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Gold Standard For Job Search"

What do you like best?

After posting my information on Indeed, my inbox and phone have been ringing off the hook with relevant recruiters and opportunities that get better every day.

What do you dislike?

Indeed has a lot of recruiters that seem to be reaching out in a scattershot fashion with canned emails and very low interaction until you're further along in the process. This can get very annoying as you may have to go back and forth answering questions about information that should be visible on your profile/resume before you even know what they're reaching out about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For job seekers: be ready to get a lot of opportunities. If you're actively searching, dedicate a few minutes per day to following up with recruiters that found you on Indeed and ensuring they get back to you. From my experience, it appears that a number of the recruiters on Indeed are likely contacting lots and lots of people for one opportunity. Recruiters that find me on LinkedIn or via Dribbble/Behance/etc. tend to have much more personal, high-touch approaches.

Indeed review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Greatest percentage of applicants"

What do you like best?

Since it pulls job postings from across the web, including other job boards and career sites, it ends up being our # 1 source of applicants. Sponsoring jobs is a great way to increase the exposure and I highly recommend it. The 1-click apply feature makes it even easier for applicants to submit their resume and it parses in the ATS.

What do you dislike?

When searching for a job, even if I type the exact title of a job I have posted, many times it is several pages down and the jobs above are barely related and don't even have the same title. Also, resumes that come through the 1-click apply often end up formatted incorrectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It is the best source of applicants. Sponsoring jobs is highly recommended as it increases exposure by having your jobs at the top.

Indeed review by Kapil Ramesh S.
Kapil Ramesh S.

"Best job search engine there is in the market"

What do you like best?

I can set up alerts based on location, keywords, salary range etc and other such great functionalities. This has helped me get a good job soon

What do you dislike?

Indeed must have a function of linking our LinkedIn profile which auto populates the career data in the resume

Recommendations to others considering the product

Post all details. The more details in your job description, the better the algorithm works and you get good candidates.

I got a job through Indeed. In my current organization, we use Indeed to regularly post job opportunities and get good quality talent from it.

Indeed review by Olayinka C.
Olayinka C.

"Indeed is the Facebook for jobseekers."

What do you like best?

Indeed is easy to use both for employers and applicants alike.It is also very popular amongst applicants,therefore vacant roles we have advertised on Indeed.com has gotten us more qualified applicants,than we have gotten from the closest alternative to Indeed over here - Jobberman.com

What do you dislike?

If possible,I wouldn’t like to get any notifications when a potential employer views my profile.It has made me wait under pressure for a call,that ended up never coming.lol

I got my current job through Indeed.com and my organization regularly fills vacant roles through Indeed.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods

"Indeed for Recruiting"

What do you like best?

As an HR department of one, the ease of posting, pausing, updating, and managing an ad is a huge plus as well as the ability to use the system to track and log applicants. However the biggest benefit is the knowledge that, when hiring managers post to Indeed directly, resumes are being logged and tracked by the system as a default.

What do you dislike?

Although I love the ability to ask qualifying questions of job applicants I am finding that many applicants are simply saying "yes" to the questions even though their resumes clearly do not support the assertion that they have x-years of experience or that the live in specific geographical locations

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have had great success with Indeed in some markets and not as good of success in others. We are fairly new users of Indeed but have had relative success so far. The only caution is that the cost for sponsored postings can be deceptive as the clicks can quickly add up resulting in posting through Indeed exceeding the costs of posting via more traditional sources.

Indeed review by User

"Indeed Review"

What do you like best?

I like how it is easy to find occupations in my area that suit my skills. I am easily able to find a business and do my best for them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how some jobs don’t have a “submit resume” option and you have to go through their website.

Some business problems Indeed has solved is finding a empty spot in a business to fill. I am grateful that job search is easier than ever.

Indeed review by Cassie L.
Cassie L.

"My Main Job Board!"

What do you like best?

A lot of qualified candidates on Indeed. If no one is applying to my jobs I can usually source them!

What do you dislike?

A lot of unqualified candidates. But you can't blame Indeed for that, its just because everyone wants to find a job through them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a contact to work worth if you plan on posting a lot of jobs. They can be really helpful since they see the full market trend

Indeed review by Soumil K.
Soumil K.

"Very engaging and helpful team!"

What do you like best?

-> Helpful enterprise sales team with a focus on solving problems.

-> Easy to use dashboard with seamless user experience for PPC.

-> Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test

What do you dislike?

-> More in-depth analysis of the traffic data should be provided to give more control to advertisers.

-> Due to dispersed team, certain decisions may take time.

-> Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test Test

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there are any job boards looking to partner with Indeed, don't hesitate.

Indeed review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use for hiring new staff "

What do you like best?

I like that I can create a new employement outline quickly and easily and manage the entire hiring process from the desktop and the mobile app.

Additionally the assessments are a great tool to weed out weak and unqualified candidates.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the applicants can be fairly weak so I find it’s important to be vigilant in the description and assessments.

Some helpful tips in the process based on data would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and use the assessment features. The more hoops they have to jump through the higher quality the hire will be!

The ability to quickly and easily find new hires and to organizing and manage the process efficiently.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Easy, effective, and affordable"

What do you like best?

No frills. Indeed skips fancy functionality of other advertisers, but they still get the job done. This is a simple, efficient way to advertise for our company.

What do you dislike?

While the price is right and the no frills makes for an intuitive system - it's lacking in restricting access and reporting. Indeed has also become more popular for lesser-skilled positions. This means when it comes to filling higher level roles, less of those qualified applicants are looking on Indeed. Great tool depending on the quantity of roles you have to fill and the type of employees you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Caution if you have 20+ roles to fill. Managing them within Indeed would get very cumbersome. Also, understand the populations that are using Indeed to find a job.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Gambling & Casinos
G2 Crowd User in Gambling & Casinos

"Been doing job searching in Hong Kong and USA"

What do you like best?

I like indded best is the filters. Very thorough. I can reach out to candidates whose contact information is no available on their resume, which I like that because I respect people's personal inforamtion. The job posting page is very flexible, there is no restriction in how to name the title or else. You can do it like an advertising, make the language very customizable to the comopany image and control the impression delivered to aplicants.

What do you dislike?

I do like the design of the page. It looks practical but dull. Sites like LinkedIn is more fancy, and really enjoy using that product. Email notification can get annying sometimes, people that are ot good match, but you cannot turn it off because you dont want to miss out anything. Should have more selections in customizing information received from Email Notifications.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Recruiting Tool"

What do you like best?

When i was working in the utilities industry there was a vast amount of resumes on this job board. Now that I am in technology I tend to notice not as many software applicants are uploading their resume here. Indeed tends to be one of the last tools that I utilize when looking for candidates. We do however always post our roles on indeed and they tend to generate some candidates who are on indeed looking for a position and then applying to our roles because they saw it on indeed. I like that our jobs automatically get posted without any extra work. I also like that this tool is free. When i first signed up they did set a call with me which was nice to have someone I could ask questions to- I have not talked to them since but I am sure if I had questions they would be responsive

What do you dislike?

I don't think it is as successful for finding people in the software industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn Boolean search this will help finding a good pool of candidates

Indeed review by Taffin S.
Taffin S.

"User Friendly for both Job Seekers and Recruiters"

What do you like best?

Again, ease of use. I am able to search by a variety of different filters and save my custom searches. They will send me emails of new candidates daily that match my search criteria and for the most part, the candidates match very closely.

What do you dislike?

While they have a different payment structure (pay per click), it is very frustrating to get an itemized bill come the end of the month when we have to submit expenses. I have asked our rep and they have no way around it at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you speak with a rep about how to get the best use out of the paid options vs. non-paid options.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
G2 Crowd User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Indeed Resume Search"

What do you like best?

Resume sourcing through Indeed is reasonably priced and there are new qualified applicants in our field and in our hiring areas. The standardized resume format makes the process more smooth.

What do you dislike?

Reading through resume after resume can be tedious and downright mind-numbing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Indeed has two platforms available for sourcing job seekers. I have experienced with both sponsored job postings and sourcing candidates with resume search. I have had more success (with lower associated costs) by utilizing the resume search. The downside is the time that must be spent on a regular basis to ensure a steady flow of qualified applicants.

Indeed review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Indeed would you use it?"

What do you like best?

I like that you can quickly post and re-post your jobs. It does it for you and it also saves jobs as templates so you can easily duplicate the posting in other cities.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to pay per click. It should be only on folks that are actually looking for work. (On the resume side is what I am speaking about).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please note the skill hunting is not an automated process. You have to pick the candidates you are after.

Indeed review by Erik H.
Erik H.

"Free Job Postings"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact that once we hired someone we were able to pause the job posting so that we weren't getting more resumes when we didn't need them. This allowed us to keep the job posting in case we needed to use the same ad in the future. It was also very easy to set up and get going.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find anything that I disliked about their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good ad to post. Make it detailed to exactly what the position entails.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Publishing
G2 Crowd User in Publishing

"Indeed - One of the best job boards for 2017"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigating and the quality candidates that I have received from Indeed versus other job boards. I think the higher quality and volume of candidates I receive is due to the ease of applicants applying for jobs. Applicants can upload their resume/LinkedIn and it quickly populates their application. The overall website layout is easy to navigate too, especially compared to Monster.

What do you dislike?

The search function on the hiring manager/company side for past applicants. I may be missing something, but I am not able to easily filter past resumes by date posted versus date updated. Therefore, a lot of the time I am reaching out to candidates who originally applied many years ago and are not longer interested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for applicants and hiring managers! I highly recommend it versus Monster/Careerbuilder.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Hiring needs"

What do you like best?

I like that Indeed is common so a lot of professionals get on there to search for jobs that fit their needs. It is not something that repels qualified professionals; it is a reliable site and people know this about Indeed.

What do you dislike?

Majority of Indeed is great, but I do not like the fact that as a candidate, it lets you know that the employer viewed your resume but never sends you a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been on the employee side as well as the employer side of Indeed and I have been satisfied with both. It is a great way to connect with great employers and great employees.

Indeed review by Sarah K.
Sarah K.

"Streamlined and Easy to use."

What do you like best?

How intuitive it is and how easy it is to use. Even if the search parameters are wide, it can still find anything I am searching for. Also, the suggestions from the search and even backlogs of previous searches proved to be handy.

What do you dislike?

The resume process can be a bit tedious, but once it is uploaded, it makes sharing much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this brand. Whether searching or posting jobs, Indeed makes a difficult process quite a bit easier.

Indeed review by Kerry H.
Kerry H.

"Great Quality Candidates in the Southeast US"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of posting. As well as the monthly report of how each position has performed.

What do you dislike?

It is quite costly for the monthly subscription. However, my free posting performs great, and I have paid for one $300/month post that definitely performed well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try the free posting to see how many candidates you get with that. Once you upgrade you see about twice as many applicants and they are good quality. As a job seeker, I definitely saw the paid job postings more, so the payment is worth it.

Indeed review by Julien G.
Julien G.

"Powerfull but expensive platform"

What do you like best?

The access to analytic is very interesting for reporting purposes

What do you dislike?

The algorithms is very odd and keep changing, the indeed commercial team is very aggressive, forcing you to spend more and threatening you to put your account in "sponsored-only" for a certain location. It felt a bit like extortion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

train your account managers better and stop changing the way you do things.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Great for posting jobs"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to post a position and the notifications you receive along the way. It is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some of the candidates don't take the time to complete their resumes and just send limited information. That isn't Indeed's fault, but they could maybe require more information to be completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have entry level positions, this is the best place to post your jobs free or at a low cost. You will not be disappointed.

Indeed review by Tammi O.
Tammi O.

"Different plans so can be customized to your budget"

What do you like best?

I liked that we could adjust the budget on job ads, they also offer free job postings.

What do you dislike?

Had to be specific with Job Titles and some free users were denied

Recommendations to others considering the product

Started using Indeed years ago via free ad then recently updated to Featured Employer Account. Depending on your needs it may be best to sponsor a job ad which would be middle ground

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Recruitment Advertising"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and that it is easy to use. It is one of the top sources of hire for us.

What do you dislike?

Because of the simplicity, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of resume searching. It seems to get buggy when utilizing boolean searching. The resume database could be easier to use with some more advanced searching capabilities. I do not like that it requires you to input a job description and other required information. Adding a job description goes against best practices of recruitment email marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend them simply because they are the largest/#1 job board and have a pretty extensive resume database.

Indeed review by Leah M.
Leah M.

"Excellent career and recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

I was found on Indeed. It is easy to build a professional resume and put in applications. I really like their resume search feature for recruiting. It allows me to pinpoint the most experienced candidates for the roles I need to fill and easily contact them with a templated message.

What do you dislike?

Easily being able to send a résumé is more of a benefit to the job seeker. I don't like that it is so easy to send résumés when I have a job posted because it allows a lot of unqualified applications to get through.

Indeed review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Great for overall candidate volume"

What do you like best?

I like the format/dashboard of the job positing for employers. Makes it very easy to see the candidates you have reviewed for each individual opportunity.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Indeed alters the resume format of the candidates who apply to postings through Indeed. Takes away accurate contact information like phone numbers and emails

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for to generate volume and identify where certain markets are, do not use for technical quality.

Indeed review by Levi S.
Levi S.

"Great for employers or job seekers"

What do you like best?

I love that so many people use indeed when searching for jobs. It draws a wide variety of applicants.

What do you dislike?

The site could be more visually appealing. It is just a job forum so it doesn’t need to be beautiful but if I had to pick something I’d prefer a better colour scheme and font.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely the best job posting service out there.

Indeed review by Nanci T.
Nanci T.

"Indeed Needs Some Work"

What do you like best?

They provide a great service that is user-friendly and manageable for small teams/companies.

What do you dislike?

The lack of communication, the lack of shared criteria for guidelines, the unfair payment practices, and sending through unqualified candidates,

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are hit and miss on a lot of things. They will completely shut down your account without ever saying a word to you if they deem your advert as not meeting their own guidelines.

Indeed review by G2 Crowd User in Medical Practice
G2 Crowd User in Medical Practice

"Helpful, but can be expensive"

What do you like best?

The ability to say whether you are interested in the candidate and push them through the hiring process.

What do you dislike?

1. You pay per click. So if a person clicks on your ad, you pay whether they apply or not.

2. You don't get a candidate's real email address... Indeed blocks most contact information. This makes it difficult to get in touch with someone without using the Indeed system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can create an account for free. But, once you sponsor a post and give them your credit card, you will never be able to post for free again. You will always have to sponsor your listings.

Indeed review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Indeed makes recruiting easy "

What do you like best?

If you believe recruiting is a numbers game Indeed is the right place to go. I would get 100 applications in one day using Indeed and while not every candidate was qualified there were always diamonds in the rought

What do you dislike?

A little to easy for some. When applicants use systems that take a bit more time to fill out they usually display an actual interest in the job when complete all the extra work. Lots of no show interviews

Easy to set up and flood a hiring fair using Indeed

Indeed review by Branka D.
Branka D.

"Administrative Assistant"

What do you like best?

I like the best, that if I put certain criteria that the candidate needs to have, it immediately let's me know if the candidate has those qualifications, also that I don't have to draft a rejection letter to each employee, i just click a button and it send an email. The best part is it's free.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that I received so many unqualified candidates, and having to go through so many resumes.

Indeed review by Autumn M.
Autumn M.

"Senior recruiter "

What do you like best?

The ease of contacting candidates. It allows you to quickly view a snapshot without having to view each resume in its entirety to effectively email blast.

What do you dislike?

It would be fantastic to have a way to export candidate lists of who you've contacted, alternatively it would be great to filter out who you have already viewed and contacted so they are not showing in search results.

Indeed review by Colin M.
Colin M.

"Decent resume search, especially for UK roles"

What do you like best?

Free resume search globally can greatly increase your candidate pool, making it much easier to find hires.

What do you dislike?

Contacting candidates can be inconvenient. It can be time consuming to use their messaging system, especially across different roles. The UI could also use some work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this is a great service for the price (none, at least for resume search), however it could definitely be better with it's layout and messaging service

Indeed review by Hayley C.
Hayley C.

"Very pleased with Indeed"

What do you like best?

It makes it very simple to search for jobs by category.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing I didn't like about Indeed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Indeed for job searching. Simple and quick to navigate.

Indeed review by Jeri L.
Jeri L.

"Indeed - Healthcare Recruiting firm review "

What do you like best?

Selection of candidates and ease of searching them/posting jobs

What do you dislike?

Not just having the ability to post jobs without doing a PPC campaign. Indeed does not allow recruiting/staffing firms jobs to be posted in their organic search (main search) only PPC, so feel that it is not fair to us and only given advantage to employers.

Indeed review by Wil C.
Wil C.

"Great and Reliable Job Search Engine"

What do you like best?

Indeed is efficient in making sure that my resume is seen by relevant employers for whom I may be a good fit as well as notifying me of interested employers through notifications by email as well as text messaging.

What do you dislike?

The mobile platform could use some more work.

Learning about Indeed?

* We monitor all Indeed reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.