iNEWS

4.0

The iNEWS newsroom management system is the dynamic center of news content creation and distribution, enabling broadcasters to create and deliver breaking news, unify their entire newsroom operation, and engage audiences across a broad spectrum of TV, web, mobile, and social media channels.

Work for iNEWS?

Learning about iNEWS?

Compare iNEWS to Similar Solutions

iNEWS Reviews

Showing 21 iNEWS reviews
iNEWS review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Incredibly easy to use operation with seamless integration and a simple interface"

What do you like best?

The fact that the product is completely customizable. I've used iNews at 3 of the 6 newsrooms on my resume and it's by-far the best newsroom computer and app program. The fact that Rundowns are easily re-tooled for different purposes... the quick keys to toggle between anything and everything... the integration with social media, news wires, video playback, and more -- not to mention the program is STABLE and not prone to crashes, freezes and reboots.

What do you dislike?

Honestly had no dislikes during my time using iNews. What would be great, however, is seamless use with live social media (e.g. Tagboard or Social News Desk), and SLACK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

Preferred over ENPS (main competitor).

We are solving the conundrum of putting together eight daily newscasts and keeping a 24/7 multi-platform news and content shop churning with planners, calendars, rundowns, scripts and so much more. We've seen benefits most notably in efficiency, reliability (in our content and items being stored, saved, etc.), and easy integration with wires and video playback we use from outside sources all feeding into iNews.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iNEWS
User in Broadcast Media

"I used iNEWS at my past news station and I miss it"

What do you like best?

iNEWS is so simple to navigate and I really miss using it. My news station now using AP ENPS which is still very advanced and I like the program but I think it becomes frozen and is more difficult to work on..especially when on a deadline and in a hurry

What do you dislike?

I think iNEWS is very simplistic to use and very easy to learn how to use. I think it's great for writing show scripts and is easy for producers and reporters to use. I also like how the supers or cgs are made. It is easier than other softwares to create

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRY IT! I really loved using it. I thought it was super easy and never froze or was slow which was so incredibly helpful when I was in a hurry!

iNEWS allows a news station to write scripts for their shows, planning out what each reporter and anchor is saying. It's extremely beneficial

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

iNEWS review by Patrick T.
Patrick T.

"Extremely useful but has some issues that cause frustrating"

What do you like best?

The organization of the rundowns that make it easy to navigate. It's also very easy to learn and teach to others as I've seen people pick up the basics after a day.

What do you dislike?

How it crashes constantly and can take a while to load when it is most needed. The character limit on toplines causes issues. Sometimes sending multiple toplines to someone can be ineffective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy to use interface that multiple people have to connect with in order to create a TV show. iNews is perfect. It does have some bugs that cause frustration at times but overall it makes life very easy.

Making communication around the office a lot easier and giving everyone a centralized location they view the rundown with only Wifi.

iNEWS review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"The Software that Runs My Daily Workflow"

What do you like best?

For as much that goes into producing shows and segments, iNews does a great job to help run a stress-free show while keeping everyone on the same page. It's essential to have a product like this in order to run successful show.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot going on with iNews that can make it difficult to to manage. I understand that there is a lot to manage through iNews, but I'd prefer if it was more organized/less congested. I also wish the program didn't lock up as much as it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep updating the product, a software update would help keep the product fresh.

Helping keep all members of the company on the same page and helping improve communication among every department in the office.

"Great Rundown Layout"

What do you like best?

I love the way it pairs with avid editing programs. I have used iNews as a station editor and it offers everything I needed in a simple format that is easy to understand. It accounts for anything the news world will throw at it, from VOSOT layouts to timing scripts. as an editor iNews would be my tool of choice for any station.

What do you dislike?

it is very easy to make drastic changes that can derail a show ( I speak from too much experience here) Many tools go untouched but I guess they might be nice to have. searching previous documents is not easy, and it should be for as often as it is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

there arent a lot of options out there for programs of this kind, so if you are running any other avid programs this is a must have. Can't work without it.

This is our go to rundown program. Simply put without this the news doesnt happen.

iNEWS review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"A very good program that takes some time to learn"

What do you like best?

I like that iNews solves for all of the elements that you are going to put in a show. B-roll, graphics, text, on-cams, scripts and a whole lot more. It is a great tool to organize a rundown and build a show that will incorporate media assets from your media library.

What do you dislike?

While it is great to use for building shows and rundowns, it takes a little while to get to the stage where you feel comfortable. It's hard to find a guide to keyboard shortcuts and tricks that help make life easier. It takes a decent amount of trial and error when figuring out how to build your elements and what goes into putting your show together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to do a little learning on the job before you'll totally comfortable. It's very good when putting together a lot of different elements but will take a while to grasp the full capabilities of the product.

Building rundowns and putting together elements for producing television-quality live programming. iNews' timing tools makes life easier for knowing how much you have to build and when you're going to be light/heavy. It's a very good organization tool, but as mentioned before it takes a while to get to the point where it is user friendly.

iNEWS review by Jonathan L.
Jonathan L.

"I have used this product in college and in several news environments."

What do you like best?

I love the fact that it allows for writing of news scripts that coincide with many different types of video and sound bites. It makes every element of a newscast work better together.

What do you dislike?

As with most Avid products, there are times where iNews isn't the most user-friendly, which can make things difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prior knowledge of other Avid products would be very helpful for someone who is interested in using iNews moving forward.

I have used it a bunch in regards to making newscasts flow better, which is very important overall.

iNEWS review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"seems outdated but still does the job"

What do you like best?

the program has so many features that you can use to communicate across business areas

What do you dislike?

the program regularly freezes and is slow to respond

communicating across a large company, putting shared information in a central place

iNEWS review by Carter R.
Carter R.

"Clean, valuable, but could be more user-friendly"

What do you like best?

I think iNews is a perfectly acceptable rundown software. Once you get a hold of the software, it's very easily manipulated and you can accomplish just about anything you want from it.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were slightly more user-friendly in its design, as a lot of its features have to be learned through trial and error as opposed to being clearly laid out.

Honestly though, this is an industry tool, so training should come easily, and it has for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be prepared for a learning curve. Assuming you have someone to show you the ropes, you'll be a master in no time.

iNews allows me to build televsion programming in an easy to work with way on multiple levels. I'm able to communicate with various levels of production clearly, thus creating the most controlled content possible.

iNEWS review by Courtney T.
Courtney T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. I've used it at several news organizations and it's always been very simple to learn. I've never had issues with the program crashing which is a big deal in the news industry.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I don't like. I've had a couple of glitches here and there where I randomly couldn't type in a field and that was frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find this tool very useful and easy to learn and use. I used it with several news organizations and I found it very easy at both.

As a reporter having a functioning tool like iNEWS helps our newscasts run smoothly. The ease of use helps me do my job faster.

iNEWS review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"iNews Review"

What do you like best?

A very common program that's used throughout the broadcast industry. I like that you're able to create shortcuts that can access commonly used items.

What do you dislike?

Not very easy to restrict access to groups of people. Some users should be locked out of editing lineups because they only need to read lineups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the shortcut buttons that can be created

iNews is used to streamline the process from pre-production to on-air. Scripts written by writers can be viewed by the production team in the control room

iNEWS review by Erin G.
Erin G.

"User-friendly interface for news producers"

What do you like best?

iNews is extremely customizable, which makes organizing a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the number of functions can get distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User-friendly and easy to customize

iNews provides us with a way to plan each newscast as a team. Everyone can contribute their part to the show seamlessly.

iNEWS review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Average News Rundown Software"

What do you like best?

Easy navigation between news stories. Great keyboard shortcuts. Easy to print scripts and use with a prompter. Can be great if you use the Avid NLE software with iNews.

What do you dislike?

It does not automatically save changes that you have made if iNews crashes while you are in that particular story. Only one person can make changes in a story at a time.

I have used in a local and national news setting. It helped run a successful television show.

The benefits I have seen from iNews is that myself and others were able to easily catch on after previously using other rundown software.

User in Broadcast Media

"iNews: a journalism essential "

What do you like best?

I have used it in college and in all of my journalism and television jobs.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be more dynamic or user-friendly - it hasn't changed at all in 10 years.

Not solving any problems, just reporting the news. Good organizational tool.

iNEWS review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great for Broadcasters"

What do you like best?

I used inews in my news days. It was great for producing newscasts. Very easy to move items around to get it just how you want it.

What do you dislike?

At the time I used it, it needed some refreshing, but I'm sure it's better now.

Stacking a show well.

iNEWS review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Amazing Newsroom Software"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with news workflow and multiple production platforms such as Ignite and many others

What do you dislike?

Not yet advanced enough to be more tightly integrated with Ignite. Easier to have a drop down box for coding a show.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backed by Avid quality

Workflow from story idea to web, it does it all.

iNEWS review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"INEWS REVIEW"

What do you like best?

Avid inews allows my team and I to see updates to our rundown in real time.

What do you dislike?

Topline needs to have a better feature for seeing old messages.

It allows for easier communication between teams. There are a lot of plugins you can use within inews.

iNEWS review by Ariella P.
Ariella P.

"Inews review"

What do you like best?

I have to use inews and I like the chat feature at the top

What do you dislike?

It crashes often and doesn't save often enough

producing

iNEWS review by User

"Used everyday for 2 years"

What do you like best?

Easy to time out a show without having to do too much math

What do you dislike?

Can be buggy and fail sometimes, but I think it’s a larger AVID issue.

Keeps information organized for big groups

User in Broadcast Media

"I am a news producer. "

What do you like best?

I like the communication capabilities the best. Topline works well both in house and inner company

What do you dislike?

Adding a gfx interface is klunky at best.

It’s a system that will combine all of what we need.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

I like how organized the interface is.

Color coding is extremely useful

What do you dislike?

At times certain functions can struggle with a server

Organizing, writing & producing news cast

Learning about iNEWS?

* We monitor all iNEWS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare iNEWS to Similar Solutions