Infinite Campus

3.5

Infinite Campus is a comprehensive, Web-based K-12 student information system (SIS) with real-time access to administration, instruction, communication, curriculum, reporting and more.

Work for Infinite Campus?

Learning about Infinite Campus?

Infinite Campus Reviews

Showing 121 Infinite Campus reviews
Infinite Campus review by Jake H.
Jake H.

"Great collaborate product which makes communications breeze!"

What do you like best?

I ablosutley appreciate the strong connection between educators that allows them to collaborate and use an all in one system! This product aligns state standards, weekly progress, grade books, rosters, and many more! This makes my life a ton easier being able to use this program! I Would be lost without it!

What do you dislike?

Great all inclusive product but into would valuable to have posting grades more easily accessible. I know they have some tutorials but I feel they are dated and lack a lot of new innovative technology that has been implemented since the video was originally created.

Our staff uses the information to see student progress and how much of an impact we are having on our students in the classroom. This had helped out company to focus on areas of improvement and where we need to focus our attention to have the best results for our students.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Infinite Campus
Infinite Campus review by Richelle H.
Richelle H.

"Fine Tuned Resource "

What do you like best?

I like being able to make categories for my grade book. Also I like being able to mark certain grades for individual students as late, cheat, or exempt. I also like the color coding feature.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that every semester I have to input all of my weighted classifications again. Also I don’t like that attendance isn’t shown on the assignments. I wish I could have a quick view of the student attendance for an assignment that was due so I don’t have to go I different pages to look up this info before marking it as absent or late. A scroll over quick view of attendance would be great. Something like the last 7-10 days would be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’d be useful to have a professional development over using the program. It is quite hard if you try to figure it out by yourself.

I like that I am able to keep students and guardians up to date in their progress at all times. I wish I could text message parents or students that had missing assignments to remind them tho. Not all guardians sign up to get notifications. I update their progress daily.

What K-12 Student Information Systems solution do you use?

Infinite Campus review by Megan F.
Megan F.

"Great on Back & Front End"

What do you like best?

We use Infintite Campus with our students and parents. Overall, from an employee standpoint it’s very easy to use and has an easy to navigate screen. It’s quick to learn for parents in their portal and for students to navigate as well! Search capabilities are fantastic and it’s easy to find and manage family groupings. This is extremely important in many of our tasks.

What do you dislike?

Only downside I’ve found is that it is hard to create and run reports without getting a ton of additional, unneeded information. Additionally, if staff do not input information it does no good for families and students. If there could be guaranteed minimums for grade inputs that would be helpful! I would love to see alarms if attendance and grades aren’t entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, very customizable, friendly views for staff and for parents. Overall, a great pick for school districts!

One downside - the software is only good as you use it. If staff fail to input important student information, such as grades, attendance, etc., it’s not helpful to parents and families.

I think the big thing for us is finding ways to track information that is important for students and their families. A big benefit is the ability to customize the information we see under each student.

Infinite Campus review by Craig B.
Craig B.

"Best in Breed"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is simply the best SIS in the market space. I've been a customer since 2001. Beyond the outstanding functionality and feature set, the company's commitment to being a true innovator in the education space is amazing. They are a rock-solid corporate culture that's rooted in educational best-practices and not just what's most convenient for adults. The actual product has been nearly bullet-proof, too, in terms of reliability and uptime.

What do you dislike?

As strongly focused on education as they are, the development team at Infinite Campus can be a bit xenophobic when working with 3rd party vendors. This has gotten better over time. But, it has been occasionally problematic for them to deal with other vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. But, it is complex. Take time to plan and outline implementation.

Campus is our student information system -- providing permanent student records and giving teachers utility tools like planners and grade books. It's saved us a lot of time and money in terms of centralized data.

Infinite Campus review by Brittany B.
Brittany B.

"The Classic Grade Service"

What do you like best?

I think for the most part, infinite campus is easy to use. It has everything you need in one place-- both for the teacher/administrator and for the student. It makes it relatively easy to input every student's grade in and parents find it very useful, as well, as there are ways to set it up so they get notifications any time a student's grade is entered.

What do you dislike?

We have had problems with infinite campus crashing at our school, so for long-ish periods of time, we have been left entirely without it. This is something that happens on an extremely regular basis, but just be aware that it does happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Infinite Campus is a widely used tool in schools across the country for a reason-- it is easy to use and puts everything you need for every student into the same system. I highly recommend.

Infinite Campus makes it really easy to stay organized with grades, as a teacher. It provides a very easy and convenient way to check how students are doing with their homework/assigned work.

Infinite Campus review by Rachael P.
Rachael P.

"Infinite Campus, Chunky and Slow, but Hub for All Info "

What do you like best?

I like that infinite campus contains all student information and multiple sites are not needed to store grades, student info, etc separately.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Infinite Campus cannot be paired with other sites to import grades the way Powerschool and Schoology can (for instance).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that Infinite Campus' site is somewhat aged and outdated. Unlike Powerschool it is difficult to run different reports needed, but it does contain all the information teachers need to perform their daily duties. I recommend having conversations with admin, etc about grade manipulation needs (special education, 504) before committing to this site. This site does not allow for scaled grading per student.

Infinite campus lets me see multiple contact information for students and allows me to log behavior concerns per student. This has helped us track behavior, although pulling data is cumbersome.

Infinite Campus review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"Infinite Campus - Orchestra Teacher "

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is a user friendly site. Roster, grades, attendance are all kept in separate categories. You can opt to use your own grading system and just input final grades or keep track on the actual site which is easily accessible to students.

What do you dislike?

I work at several different schools and there is not an option to view ALL class rosters at the same time, I have to click between each school page which is time consuming and can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Infinite Campus is a clean and easily formatted way to keep track of students, alerts, attendance and grades.

I am able to track student school attendance for any frequently absent students. Health alerts and emotional alerts are also easily found here. This helps me best serve my students.

User in Education Management

"Infinite Campus Offers Opporutnites, Information, and Connections"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is a useful information source that provides grades for our students. It is easy to use and navigation friendly. Unlike PowerSchools, I have never seen a need to back-up my grades. There are some additional learning features that are not utilized at my school district, but it is user-friendly from an administration viewpoint to a teacher viewpoint to a student viewpoint. Parents have utilized the program more and more over the past ten years.

What do you dislike?

The only big dislike I have with Schoology is that it is does not correlate, or connect with Schoology. I would love to be able to enter my grades on Schoology and have them transfer into Schoology. I also don't like that they took away the feature where I can see type out what the assignment was if parents want to read the assignment description.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Infinite Campus over PowerSchools. It provides more information on an administration front and on a teacher front it is just as powerful if not more powerful than PowerSchools.

I like that Infinite Campus allows our district to disseminate information very quickly. Whether it is grades or announcements, the information is ever-present with Infinite Campus.

Infinite Campus review by Natalie B.
Natalie B.

"Infinite Campus Elementary Schools"

What do you like best?

I like the availability of information for staff throughout the school. It is nice to be able to access information on students and look up that information independently instead of having to refer to specific individuals throughout the school depending on the information needed.

What do you dislike?

There are so many tabs and so many options for seeking information that it can be confusing and hard to remember where exactly I need to look to find certain information.

I use Infinite Campus to track attendance and personal information for students that I am working with. It is nice to be able to look up consent forms, home language information, and other basic information about the child through this site rather than having to seek that information from someone else within the school .

Infinite Campus review by Hannah S.
Hannah S.

"Infinite Campus"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is accessible on one page. There are several tabs, and they are sensibly organized. I also like that certain documents are stored for several years and current teachers can access past records. I like the layout and colors of the website as well.

What do you dislike?

I use this application in a school setting. This site crashes very frequently and sometimes is not accessible at all. I also have trouble logging in every morning to take attendance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be an issue when excessive users are logged into the application. For example, our district has thousands of teachers logging on at the same time to take attendance which causes it to crash and makes the application slow.

When I am able to successfully log in, it is very easy to accomplish tasks like taking attendance or downloading documents. Everything is straight forward and easy to understand. One benefit is that documents are stored safely and are secured.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"I like this program, but could certainly improve. "

What do you like best?

I like how it includes all of the students’ information in one program. Taking attendance is very easy.

What do you dislike?

The interface could certainly use some improvements. I wish I could run more custom of reports. I feel like it could be organized much better. The grade book lacks functionality. There are certain reports I wish I could run, but I can't because the program is limited. Sort assignments and copy/pasting them from term to term is not as easy as I feel it could be.

I am able to find out detailed information about my students and important information about this can be communicated to all necessary parties. The parents having access to it is nice because if their student's grade changes, they can see it right away. I've even received a phone call the day of from a parent that enabled me to have a very beneficial conversation with them about their student's performance in my class.

Infinite Campus review by Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.

"Student database platform needs a makeover"

What do you like best?

The platform does keep student information organized. It's also helpful to see past student behavioral records from other staff members just to get a better history of the student.

What do you dislike?

Infinite Campus is difficult to navigate through. When you click on a tab for the student, all the tabs end up shifting around, which makes it confusing and disorienting. Furthermore, anyone can edit a comment/report made by someone else. I find that not being able to see past edits (or at least, who has tried to edit the comment) is problematic.

It is a good way to keep track of student behavioral reports and attendance. Infinite Campus also helps staff members stay accountable by utilizing contact logs with parents and students.

User in Education Management

"Everyday's dashboard for a teacher"

What do you like best?

I like that it is organized in a user-friendly way between Instruction and Tools. I like that they are trying to make it less spreadsheet/database looking like it used to be and more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't go between certain screens easily like the PLP part of a student's profile and their general menu with the schedule, grades, parental contact info, home language survey. So when you go to call home and document it, you have to either have your Chormebook or PC open and your desktop or you have to write it all down on a post-it note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train staff members who will be using this and do so in all features that they need to use. Some components, like pulling AdHoc reports, is still a bit challenging since not all of us do this all that often.

We track attendance, grading, responsive scheduler for academic interventions, etc. through this tool. It has made facilitating the circulation of our 1500 students easier to get them the help that they need in a timely fashion.

Infinite Campus review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"mixed feelings"

What do you like best?

The attendance and behavior management is good. I like recent updates to the main instructional screen to add more functionality. IE., I like that I can now input grades from the attendance screen, and access student information.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the tools menu. It is not user friendly. It’s cluncky for keeping track of contact with parents. To many screens switching from student to student. I would like more options in the grade book as well. Planning tools are essentially useless.

It helps track school and student information It has good capabilities for integration across the state. Good privacy features to keep student data safe.

"Experience Required"

What do you like best?

You can upload documents as needed and label them and store them based on school years. Good for organizing your own documents if you choose to create your own documents (e.g., eligibility, reevaluation/redetermination, permission forms, parental consent to place, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Infinite Campus is definitely not user friendly. I came from another SIS platform and had a huge learning curve to overcome. Things are not obvious or convenient and I find myself searching multiple pages to find basic information. The tabs and buttons are not laid out for the eye to easily follow. I do not like that I have to search within a different tab for special education information. I would rather be able to search a student and pull up all the options needed rather than search the same student in a different location to learn out specific information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure to take the necessary training in order to know how to navigate and use the features. shop around to make sure that you have a SIS that can communicate with you registrar's system.

Student information system storage. SPED caseload management

Infinite Campus review by Kathleen H.
Kathleen H.

"Easy to use Student Information software!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. I can find everything I need to service my students. Upon first logging in, I can search Campus Tools for any student in the school. Within that student's profile I can see their personal information. I can look at their schedule. I can see past assessment records. It will also alert me to any health issues or ESL information, such as the need for translation. Under the instruction portion of the portal I can give grades, create rosters, seating charts, birthday lists or create mailing labels. When posting grades, I can do it student by student or I can choose standard by standard.

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything I dislike. It's fairly easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll like it. Great training and easy to use.

A student Information system is critical in a modern school system.

Infinite Campus review by Sarah L.
Sarah L.

"Infinite Campus for Educational Needs "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to access all of my students information all in one place. I have been using Infinite Campus for the past 5 years at several different schools, so I am used to the format and am just now really understanding all the other options IC has to to offer.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I didnt have to switch back and forth between campus tools and Instruction. I know they are separate entities, but it would be nice not to have to click so much to get the information that I need

Attendance records, Student Data and Records information, Pretest/Post-Test Score Information, Gradebooks, Report Cards, Progress, Test scores

Infinite Campus review by Casey E.
Casey E.

"The easiest way to check grades! "

What do you like best?

I like that either myself or my students can check their grades instantly and new gradebook additions get instantly sent to their phones.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything! I think it is fabulous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool as much as you can! The students appreciate it! There is nothing better for a parent than to have grades updated in real time.

I no longer need to have a written grade book and spend so much time updating grades. I can input them as needed and they students have instant access. This is such a time saver and the students truly appreciate knowing where they stand in the class at all times!

Infinite Campus review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"Infinite Campus is (mostly) great"

What do you like best?

I love that this provides a platform for everything I need, and has the ability to give me schoolwide and personal class info for my classrooms.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's difficult to navigate from the instructional view back to the original view. I also have noticed some bugs in my data entry, and really wish there was an Autosave function. I don't even know how many times I've been logged out and lost grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have time initially to explore IC, it has a steep learning curve at first.

I'm using this for grades, and have been able to find almost all of my student info in the same place.which I love.

Infinite Campus review by Rainah P.
Rainah P.

"Interactive Student Platform"

What do you like best?

I love the grade book will average and post the grades directly for you. All that needs to be done is a right click and half of the work is complete!

What do you dislike?

The need to "set" up classes every year. For the first few weeks of school, the grade book cannot be utilized due to this. Also, if it could connect with Mastery Connect or Clever to import data, the time saved would be immeasurable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it time. It all works together if you give it time.

It has saved a great deal of time. Every teacher knows that time is something money cannot buy.

Infinite Campus review by Barbara D.
Barbara D.

"Infinite Campus is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like I can create categories and weight them and IC does all the math. I like that I can enter M for missing and it shows up red on student reports, I like the missing assignments report feature I can create for students

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cant access all features from the same home screen, that I have to switch to TOOLS from Gradebook to look up a kids schedule and then back pedal to where I was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

most places are using IC, I like that when I switch schools this isnt another new thing to learn

Its easy for students to see what they owe. I like it that kids can sign up for notifications when I enter grades so they know what they earned right away, kids are more attentive to their work when they get these notifications.

"Works, but bulky."

What do you like best?

The actual ability to manage education information is complete. Grade book abilities are decent, and it is organized well.

What do you dislike?

The website is bulky and hard to use sometimes. Natural connections between different sections do no exist and you find yourself clicking out and moving to new sections when normal use would connect the two. There is no way to customize your startup or login- you have to follow the same X steps each time you login, and that could all be automated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to familiarize yourself with all tutorials. There is not a lot of "natural" movement within the program, but understanding the different sections through the tutorial will definitely help you to navigate through and use it more wisely. Experience lets me move through pretty fast but when I first started the program I had a difficult time navigating.

It takes care of data completely and requires no other software.

Infinite Campus review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Works well but Clunky"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the look of the grade book function. I like that you can see the the students, grades, and items graded all at the same time on a fairly clean table. It's easy to maneuver around and change grades and mark things either missing or late.

What do you dislike?

It is really clunky when it comes to adding items to the grade book. . I really don't like that I are unable to pull up the grading categories for one class and adjust them as a group, instead you have to open up each category and change the percentage and then close it and open up the next category. I also really dislike that if I use my track pad on my computer and accidentally scroll left/right too far it jumps to the next tab. I can't figure out if I can turn it off. Better integration with Schoology would be awesome too. Not having to input everything twice, once in campus and once in schoology would save me so much time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has many good features but it a little bit clunky in use.

Trying to find an efficient way to share grades with students and parents in a clear concise way. It's nice that students can at any time pull up their grades and show their parents.

Infinite Campus review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"Infinite Campus Review"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Infinite Campus as an educator is that I can find everything I need to know in one place. It is also a very handy tool to track attendance and grades. It's pretty user friendly for parents & guardians as well.

What do you dislike?

Certain things are hard to find and access in Infinite Campus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it may work out great for your educational needs.

Student information is so easily accessible it is seamless to meet with students, track behavior, attendance, supports, and contacts. We can help connect students to resources and prevent problems with more ease.

Infinite Campus review by Andrea M.
Andrea M.

"Infinite campus improved"

What do you like best?

New instruction feature is nice and makes the layout more user friendly. I like the all-in-one capabilities for schools and parents.

What do you dislike?

Not all features have been rolled over. You have to sometimes switch between the old interface and new to view specific items. We have also had issues with glitches this year that impact gradebooks.

Infinite campus is a great tool for communicating with parents and guardians about grades, behavior, school announcements, and scheduling. It makes communication much easier because we are able to do it in one place.

Infinite Campus review by Michele O.
Michele O.

"Great product for educators"

What do you like best?

I really like the features that allow you to transfer data from one course to the next. I also like the ability to fill grades in for classes. This is a time saver when grading multiple courses.

What do you dislike?

At this time, we are a Google school and use Google Classroom. I would like the ability to transfer grades from one platform to another so I do not have to grade and post two times for each assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found that I occasionally need reviews and updates on use.

Real time grade posting. Students are able to look on their cell phones and be up to date immediately. They are able to utilize their app to be much more aware of where they stand in the course.

Infinite Campus review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"Infinite issues "

What do you like best?

I like that grades, attendance and behavioral reports are all in one place. We have also added iEP files.

What do you dislike?

There is no mass reset for passwords or mass ways to update information not must be changed case by case. One glitch in updating between school years can wipe all schedules

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the standard setup. We encountered many issues due to requesting a custom edition.

Communication is streamlined. It it easier to make connections between grades and attendance. Teachers can view rosters that contain flags for IEPS, health issues, custody notes, etc

Infinite Campus review by Neal C.
Neal C.
Infinite Campus review by Jones Heidi J.
Jones Heidi J.

"Infinite Campus is relatively easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that when taking attendance, the kids pictures are right by their names so there is never any mistaking who is present or not.

What do you dislike?

I dislike where you enter in the grades. At times I feel like it is challenging and freezes up frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a good program and incorporates all - attendance, grades, behavior, student information.

Infinite campus allows each teacher to input their information about a student or class and then allows the district a way of tracking that information.

Infinite Campus review by User

"Ic is an unprofessional program"

What do you like best?

I can't think of anything I like about IC, as we had a much more advanced program before switching to IC.

What do you dislike?

Student information is inputted on several different screens, Household and Non household information is not easy to input, Too many boxes to check to get information to print or see. Transcripts, labels, report cards can't be modified to fit our schools needs. There are several spots to check students grades and not all have the same information. Letters/reports can't be printed on letter head. Our previous program allowed us to create professional looking documents, customized for our needs, IC only allows us to use their preset information. Too many people have the ability to change information in any of the schools. (Administration, School Board Members, etc.) The IC Help line is only helpful if you get the correct people. some of the time, for some of my questions I get "" It can't be done" Transcripts can't show enrollments or transfer information, if test scores are put on them, we have 2 page transcripts. As the Secretary, with Power School, I was able to see all information regarding students, including log in information to help them get logged into their grades. We are a small school that takes pride in keeping a close eye on our students and IC does not have the quick look up for grades, it does not allow us access to see the passwords for student log in so they are changed often to help them log in. I miss the ability to have all student information on one screen, the quick look ups, the customized labels/reports and transcripts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless your current program, does not allow you to customize, or input information on one screen, then this is the program for you.

I have gotten some very helpful people on the help line that have been able to help me with some of the problems or reports I need.

User in Education Management

"Everything in One Place"

What do you like best?

I like that everything I need; roster, gradebook, parent information and student information is all in one place. I love the new Control Center, it makes taking attendance and entering grades a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't automatically save information entered into the gradebook, having an automatic save feature would make life so much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program but if you have a lot of people who aren't tech savvy you will need to provide a lot of training.

Infinite Campus allowed us to combine two systems and paper record keeping in one simple platform. It is really nice to be able to access all of the information in one place.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Helpful for Attendance and Information "

What do you like best?

I like using Infinite Campus for locating and looking up student information and submitting attendance. It has a pretty good system setup for the different types of information that different educational professionals might need to access about their students.

What do you dislike?

The complaint I most often have with Infinite Campus are difficulties with the mobile application as an educator and random difficulties with functions. The app that I have been able to locate seems to only be usable for students and parents, which is a bit disappointing as something like taking attendance seems like something simple and quick to do on a mobile device like an iPad. So far, I can only sign in through a browser and it's a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have experience using Infinite Campus as the only grading tool available for grade communication to parents and I also have experience using it in combination with Schoology. We primarily use Schoology for daily assignments and Infinite Campus for final grade reporting, and I feel that this system works best if your school uses a grading system different than the typical A, B, C percentage grading system.

Infinite Campus is the system that we use for taking attendance, recording student information and submitting grades.

User in Education Management

"Infinitely cumbersome and difficult to navigate"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus has some fine features, including it's ability to see students who share households or parents, which is important information to have. It also makes taking attendance simple and fast and is partially accessible on mobile. The Gradebook view is very important and useful as well.

What do you dislike?

There are several huge issues that make Infinite Campus less user friendly than it should be. For example, Gradebook does not auto-save, which means you can lose an hour of work in a heartbeat. Additionally, the number of browsers Infinite Campus works with is very small, and, more than likely, you'll run into major loading issues with the java support needed for Gradebook. Also, it has mobile capabilities, but they are nearly useless. You can't take attendance, you can't update grades, and you can't make calls from the app. Finally, there are minimal export/import capabilities, which is frustrating at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would seriously consider what your most important needs are and see if Infinite Campus meets them. Do you want to track data around parent contact and behavior? If yes, navigate as far away from this as you can. Do you want a basic system that would allow you to see attendance and grades? If so, Infinite Campus is for you.

I have only ever solved the issue of figuring out how to contact one family at a time for several students because of the family relations map. However, this is really the only benefit of Infinite Campus.

User in Education Management

"How Infinite campus is a great tool for evaluating students progress"

What do you like best?

I like that the infinite campus program can be viewed by the parents, so they can see how their student is doing in particular assignments. They can look at the weighted amount for each area of their grade. They can see the points earned per assignment. The program is easy to use and very user friendly, where I can teach my other colleagues to use it as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way that the system has the columns to put the data set up, it is very tedious on how you have to go back and refresh each time. I like to have to just fix it immediately or go back and review and change it right away. More features for the program to be used from my ipad and not just my work computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider having an update of the program so that it is easier to post grades and information. Also have a feature where it can be shared to have multiple teachers have the acess to the information, so that they can collaborate.

I used the program to do my grades, attendance, keep track of the behavior of my students, keep a record of progress of my students in specific assignments, use it to compare data of test and quizzes.

Administrator in Education Management

"Infinite Campus - infinite possibilities"

What do you like best?

This product is our go to product for all our Student Information System needs. We can pull data out pretty easily.

What do you dislike?

If I print a report of "power standards" assigned to courses, I would love the ability to use the "Power Standard" checkbox to print report cards as well.

We are able to store all our information in one place. The ability to grant permissions in such a granular fashion protects our student data. I am particularly happy that Infinite Campus has included Standards Based Grading as required by the state of Vermont, has included "roll-up grades", allows printing a conventional and standards based report card at the same time, and

Infinite Campus review by Sara K.
Sara K.

"Infinite Campus in the High School Classroom"

What do you like best?

I like parent portal and student portal option, because it allows students and parents to keep track of grades on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

The system has glitches and is sometimes inefficient. Over the past year, it has become more streamlined and user friendly.

It provides an easy way to keep parents involved. In addition, it allows educators to keep student records, attendance, and grades in one place.

User in Education Management

"Decent record keeping ability, not totally user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the access to student and parent information in my classroom. This helps me contact parents efficiently and assists in my knowledge of students needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to search for a roster through a separate tab than what comes up when you first log in. I also dislike that I cannot see current in progress grades from other classes to assess the eligibility of students I teach in extra curricular activities.

Parent communication information is more readily available, and student health conditions can be listed to allow information for any teacher that student sees throughout the day.

Infinite Campus review by Stephanie G.
Stephanie G.

"A nice change, but complicated"

What do you like best?

I like that I can take attendance every period and see where a student has been over the entire quarter. I also like that I can send a message to a group based on certain criteria like "missing assignments" or "failing course". I can also communicate to listed parents and guardians *if* they have an email registered in the system.

What do you dislike?

This site is WAY TOO COMPLICATED. There are too many interfaces, too many tabs. There is one interface for attendance and academics, and another separate for discipline and messaging. The worst is not being able to view both data sets at once. If you have multiple grade books whether from different schools or classes, you can only view one at a time, and if it is a different school, you can only look at that one data set in that school, and nothing copies over, you have to input every category and scale and assignment even if you just have one student coming in from another school. Also, the grades do not integrate or save if you have students switching classes- all data just disappears. Even if it is the same course number, same everything, any schedule change just blanks out all graded activities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep a PAPER COPY of all grades! If students switch classes, you will have to manually re-enter all grades.

This has been great for attendance and immediate reporting of behavioral issues. It makes it easy to see discipline and attendance records over a span of years. The student data is readily available and live reporting is great.

User in Education Management

"Infinite Campus Review "

What do you like best?

I like that I can search for my students easily and complete attendance quickly. We are able to complete our lunch counts. I also appreciate the digital communication log you can keep on Infinite Campus. It helps to keep track of and document how and when you have communicated with families.

What do you dislike?

I am a preschool teacher so beyond routine things such as attendance and communication logs, I do not use Infinite Campus for any academic purposes.

Infinite Campus does streamline our district-wide attendance and assessment scores. This has helped our district to quantify student absences and keep a record of student scores as they move through grade levels.

Infinite Campus review by Amanda B.
Amanda B.

"Inferior Product. Too many clicks. No user Friendly for parents"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of having a Household and storing the same address for a family for all students in that family. However, this is by far among the worst student information systems ever.

What do you dislike?

Irrational Menus and Illogical setup - Reports are under several different tasks

The Campus Community which is the HELP site is anything but helpful. Every time I type a search for something I get so many results that are irrelevant. For example I searched "Special Education Status" and the results I receive are:

"Maryland State Reporting"

"WA BEI Special Education Tab"

"Montana State Reporting Extracts"

"Arizona Special Education Setup"

"Tennessee"

"Michigan"

"Idaho"

The first 10 results have no answers for my search. I cringe every time I try to go to the help (Community Campus). I even tried "Add New Student" and the result I was looking for was at the bottom of the results (#10)

All steps need to be Memorized because the program is NOT intuitive at all. Most items for IT are under System Administration but then there is a place called Program Admin where you change the settings for Flags/Alerts. Stupidest thing ever. I understand that they started this database without much organization and they just keep adding things haphazardly and that is why we are at this point.

From Powerschool to Infinite Campus we are going back in time. Also, I used to be able to export anything I wanted out of Powerschool, now there is a fee for their database services. $195 to export 6 fields. It used to be FREE.

Also to send letter out to Parents for information regarding access to the parent portal, the IT administrator either has to do it himself or herself or open up the entire User Security tab to allow secretaries to do it. Who would put Account Letter Builder and Account Messenger under User Security and make it an all or nothing option? That is insane.

In Powerschool I could do many things in Mass. If something was done incorrectly, I could MASS fix it in about 5 minutes using the Backend Database. Now we have to use Oracle or go one by one.

Powerschool was phenomenal in comparison. We did not know how good we had it until the State of NV shoved IC down our throat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this product if you can help it. My teachers used to Love Powerschool and now they said they are going to enter the minimal number of assignments and maybe start using Excel or other online product to track their grades accurately.

None. We previously had Powerschool and now have to click 3 to 4 times more for everything. For the lunch program, we are unable to serve lunch in a timely manner because the process for each kid to pay for their meal is so time consuming that students don't have time to eat. We finally resorted to writing all of their lunch numbers down and entering them later. The lunch system is archaic. It feels like Windows 3.1 . Each time you want to move from General Serve to Continuous Serve, you have to log out and log back in. And it takes forever to load.

Infinite Campus review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Overall Good Product for Schools for Student Information"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus has a number of tabs to track various information about students. The schedule wizard and walk-in scheduler are also helpful for building a master schedule and individual student schedules.

What do you dislike?

Some tasks can become redundant or tedious, especially when it comes to scheduling. Other software provides more resources when it comes to housing some types of student information.

Infinite Campus makes it possible to create a schedule for an entire school relatively quickly. It has also allowed us to track some forms of student data more accurately and efficiently.

Infinite Campus review by Kyla M.
Kyla M.

"Infinite Campus Review"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is always working to improve the functions of the school district through new innovation and tools to assist in organization and communication among each department in the district and each department in the school. This includes Campus Messenger, Campus Food Service, and Campus Online Payments, just to name a few.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything there is to dislike about this system. It is far better than the other options on the market and requires less time and has less issues than it's competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this system to any school district, regardless of size, as this is designed for all sizes and all needs. This system is more advanced and organized and has everything you need to integrate the communication systems among your district.

The district I work for had multiple schools with their own servers. Without true integration, it was almost impossible to keep data consistent among the schools. The other systems would take hours to upload information to and update information in addition to the issues of them shutting down.

Infinite Campus review by Casey E.
Casey E.

"The best thing since soap! "

What do you like best?

This is the best grade book ever! With grade updates in real time, students and parents alike are all kept abreast of current grades and missing assignments.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really anything that I dislike. It's an amazing program.

I am able to communicate with parents and students and not have to worry about waiting for grades to post. They are updated instantly.

Infinite Campus review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"Infinite Campus is Perfectly Average"

What do you like best?

I like the systems-based setup of Inifinite Campus. I can create many different reports just the way I want them.

What do you dislike?

The system is incredibly utilitarian, and lacks any thought for user experience or user interface. It also struggles to work on newer types of hardware like Chromebooks and iPads (which are really not that new, when you think about it).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have expertise in-house for the deeper features of IC.

Student information storage and retreaval.

"Useful but tedious"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one location; grades attendence, parent contact logs.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more streamline ways of logging parent contacts, maybe a select all that apply option to log all parents at one time. And a select all that apply option for emailing parents. When 83 parents need to be sent the same email and then have the conversation logged, it shouldn't take three hours to accomplish.

Also, teachers cannot correct attendence mistakes the next day.

Everyone, teachers students and parents have access to the grade book from their phones or computers.

User in Education Management

"Essential Software for Schools"

What do you like best?

Their motto is "transforming K-12 education," and I think that is pretty much on the spot. We mostly use it for attendance and grades, but it offers so much more. It provides an excellent student database as well as providing essential reports for staff members.

What do you dislike?

I do not care much for the new "control center," but you can immediately navigate away from it after logging in. Other than that, I cannot think of anything else that I would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this to any school district considering a database change.

I.C. allows us to monitor student achievement as well as attendance. These are crucial areas in education. It allows us to keep proper attendance records in accordance with state and federal mandates. We also use the software for progress reports and report cards.

Infinite Campus review by Sheila-Shira R.
Sheila-Shira R.

"Very Good Program used in the schools"

What do you like best?

Very easy to maneuver around, student data is easily found in one place such as attendance, enrollment, grades and parent home information.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything with Infinite Campus that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our school district switched to Infinite Campus many, many years ago. I found Infinite Campus to be very helpful with being able to check students attendance, grades, etc.

It has solved the problem so that our entire school district can communicate information about students in a highly mobile district.

Infinite Campus review by Jodie D.
Jodie D.

"Effective Product with Questionable Future"

What do you like best?

Some functions clearly benefit the end user. System tracks changes in grade book and back end user area well. The audit trail is beneficial. The SIS does the basics required of it. The grade book functions well and has some ease of use features for teachers.

What do you dislike?

Some tasks are difficult to complete and tedious - setting up grade books, for example. Many reports that users would like or expect are unavailable. Customization is expensive. Response times for changes or assistance are not acceptable. The feel is very much like programmers created it without research geared toward the practical user. The mobile applications lack quality development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere due to future concerns.

The future of the SIS is questionable as the company has not complied with all state's reporting requirements. The solution was to look elsewhere for SIS support.

User in Education Management

"Infinite Campus Is Getting Better, But Still Not A Complete Resource"

What do you like best?

I like how I can now add in assignments now across various subjects.

What do you dislike?

The messengers function is a nice basic start, but it's clunky and it's not easy to figure out when you want to create your own messages. For example, it would be great to send out e-mails to parents for kids who are failing or at a certain grade level, but there isn't an option for that. You can basically just send out an e-mail for missing assignments.

It's much easier to get in touch with parents now, saving me time.

User in Education Management

"Works well but could be more intuitive "

What do you like best?

I like that it provides many different features to use with classrooms, student info, etc....

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the features are arranged. I find I have to tediously look through everything instead of having big icons on the dashboard with different colors, making it easy to identify different features and texts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Finding student information that’s needed, cresting seating charts, etc...There’s a progress report that’s already scaffolded for you. Easy to use but tricky to find because of the interface.

"Gradebook Review"

What do you like best?

There is one nice thing about Infinite Campus, that the gradebook and attendance are now in one program. Our school district use to use one program for attendance and to submit grades and another to keep our gradebook.

What do you dislike?

There is not a way to look at the previous attendance of a class period all at once. You have to individually pull up each student.

The problems being solved are how to keep attendance and grades. It does combine them into one platform, as well as allow for the filing of behavior paperwork.

Infinite Campus review by Kerianne L.
Kerianne L.

"Great one stop shop"

What do you like best?

I like the way that it is easy to sync all of your data in one spot. I can easily access grades, attendance, and report cards all at once.

What do you dislike?

It has a learning curve to it. Originally I did not like how it was organized, but with some practice I was able to understand it all.

The one stop shop to find all the information you need is wonderful. The single sign on makes it very user friendly and easy to collaborate with coworkers.

Infinite Campus review by Jessika R.
Jessika R.

"School Psychologist"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and to get information from the website.

What do you dislike?

The tabs can be hard to use and to read. It is hard to search at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it is easy to use and easy to get information on students. The graphics could be a little better and the search engine could be easier.

I do not have any business problems that I need to solve. I am a school psychologist.

User in Education Management

"All Information in one place"

What do you like best?

I love how this one program tasks attendance, grades, and student data in one place. The best part is that parent can also use the portal to view their child's progress

Instead of calling the school.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how there are two separate views. I wish there was only one and that it looked liked the campus instruction side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will help with student data transparency and allow parents to monitor students with out having to contact the teacher.

Better teacher parent communications and it adds responsibility to the parent for checking grades and it is grade and attendance transparent.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Everything in one place "

What do you like best?

I love that everyone is in one place; grades, attendance, contact info, behavior, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were easier ways to run reports and that I did not have to click through multiple pathways to find what I need. I know where the things are I need just wish there was an easier way to access it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use, convenient and manageable

The ability to communicate through IC with parents with a simple click is great! This beats individual emails!

"Too much navigation"

What do you like best?

I like the way it tracks student grades and does the math for you. It shows bar graphs for progress and allows access to information about individuals. Seating chart feature is great too.

What do you dislike?

It’s very difficult to access information about a student and then return to the previous page. Too many places to look and click for navigating. Poorly organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the seating chart feature is great

Grading, attendance, tracking student needs

"Infinite Campus"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is an easy-to-use system that is constantly updating. Once you get used to it, it is pretty easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is an "Instruction" area that includes gradebook, attendance, rosters, etc. There is also a "Tools" area that you can use to look up specific students or print a missing assignments report. It is annoying to have to switch back and forth between these two areas. They used to be combined. I wish that they would integrate the two areas again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Infinite Campus is widely used and is a great data-warehouse for student information and grades.

We use Infinite Campus as a gradebook. Parents and students also have their own logins to be able to look at students' grades.

Infinite Campus review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Robust student information system."

What do you like best?

There are diverse uses for this product including accessing student demographics (with Google map integration!) and tracking student assessment data. The thing I like best is the easy of giving access to certain users for certain information. The family portal for accessing grades and other information is also helpful.

What do you dislike?

From what I understand, there are usually additional fees associated with the customizable features of Infinite Campus such as IEP's and robo-caller systems. It would be nice if a single product did everything rather than having to maintain multiple systems necessitated by cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would comparison shop and just be sure that the IC solution works for your district and integrates with what you already have in place

This helps us solve the communication problems between home and school. The web portal has allowed us to eliminate postage costs associated with interim reporting to parents.

Infinite Campus review by Kelsy F.
Kelsy F.

"Data tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I can share my data with my students and their parents so they can have access to how their student is doing at all times

What do you dislike?

Sometimes during the day the system can seem to run slowly if there is a high user activity

I have realized the biggest benefit it being a user is being able to use it as a communicate tool to show others how things are going and giving them access to see the data that I am inputting. It helps to alleviate questions on the receiving end.

Infinite Campus review by Mary Jo D.
Mary Jo D.

"Easy to use student data management system"

What do you like best?

I like being able to analyze numerous components of student information in one place.

What do you dislike?

The district limits rights or access to features needed.

I'm able to create reports needed myself rather than asking others to gather the information needed.

"Double your efficiency"

What do you like best?

I like there is flexibility within this program to work with items in a variety of ways. I like that you can set parameters to create reports and manipulate data in a variety of ways

What do you dislike?

I like that you can't be signed in more than once and to be in one area you have to entire leave another area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can do more than you are aware of

setting parameters for information-gathering and using it for a different types of information

User in Education Management

"Using Infinite Campus for special education forms"

What do you like best?

It is easy to navigate and and very easy to learn.

What do you dislike?

It does not update forms to be user friendly. It follows the bare minimum requirements but if it was more familiar with special education it could make the forms more user friendly and less redundant. Also updates take forever to come through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better programs but also work programs so it is an okay choice.

It is our special education program and helps write IEPs

Infinite Campus review by Ruth L.
Ruth L.

"Infinite Campus"

What do you like best?

I like how I can access grades and attendance all on the same interface

What do you dislike?

Inputting grades can be a little frustrating.

It streamlines grades, attendance, and is easy to use for report cards

"Difficult to use"

What do you like best?

it checks all of the boxes on our needs to do list. It does these things at a price that is lower than others.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't do anything particularly well. it is not user-friendly. it hasn;t kept up with industry changes or needs. it doesn't work well with other platforms or tools. no API or LTI integration.

our data is virtually trapped inside.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you compare user experiences of the product in practice, before using.

other than a low-cost tool. none

Infinite Campus review by Delbert A.
Delbert A.

"Infinite Campus Review"

What do you like best?

I have been using infinite Campus for about five years. It is used for taking attendance, grades, and communicating with parents. It electronically computes the grades which is what I like. You can also print out grade reports to share with parents.

What do you dislike?

School secretary wants attendance put in every period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely check into it. Anything that allows more time teaching is a plus.

It saves much time. It calculates the grades for you.

Infinite Campus review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Big on promises, short on results"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus has some excellent features such as documenting student behaviors, it's overall organization structure, and easy updating of grades.

What do you dislike?

We have tried to schedule students for months now. Last year we had the same issue. Evidently there are glitches in the program or in tech support that do not allow our administration to easily register students. We're now mid-summer and no idea what we will be teaching due to IC's inability to create a schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Caution. Let others work out the bugs.

We previously used JMC and, as teachers, this is not quite as good to record grades (we use this in conjunction with Schoology); however, from the administrative side, this (we are told) has greater benefits--except scheduling.

Infinite Campus review by Shannon C.
Shannon C.

"Getting there "

What do you like best?

The site has made a ton of improvements over the past couple years including the control center that allows you to take attendance and see what you need to grade all in one screen.

What do you dislike?

There is still an awkward lag between student information and grading screens

Infinite campus allows the teachers to search schedules to locate students and monitor grades. It also shows us medical issues as well as contact info for parents.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

I use infinite camps all day every day at work. At the minimum it helps me track student attendance, but it allows me to track grades, payments, transcripts, health documents, and so much more.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that gives me problems is printing documents from the database sometimes takes a long time.

Infinite campus is absolutely essential to our day to day activities. The reports it can generate have been particularly useful.

Infinite Campus review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Infinite campus "

What do you like best?

I like that it allows me to add files and look thoroughly through old files including IEPs. I like the format when writing an IEP in infinite campus. It takes me step by step through the process, which makes everything easier to understand.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the confusion of how to find files uploaded. In addition, I dislike that I am unable to load more than one student's IEP at a time. I would like to be able to do this in the future.

I am able to solve problems when confusion arises through looking back at Infinite Campus. It also keeps school paperwork organized.

Infinite Campus review by Georjann R.
Georjann R.

"Easy program to use"

What do you like best?

I enter attendance for a large high school and I love the features to Batch edit attendance.

From a data entry point of view Infinite Campus I find it intuitive and easy to get my work done. I can enter attendance, check students schedules and direct parents as needed when they come into check students in and out. As a parent of three students I enjoy the availability to see grades, assignments that may or may not be turned in, grades, missed classes, late and tardy attendance. Infinite campus is very user friendly from both a parents perspective and a daily user.

What do you dislike?

I do with Infinite Campus had a better online tutorial available. I have not yet tried the help feature and I will do son in the future. I have scheduled to spend some time with our schools IT person so I can learn about all the features of IC.

I am tracking daily students attendance, tracking students in and out of campus. I can view what the parents see and talk with them about their concerns and clear up any miss entered attendance.

"All in one"

What do you like best?

Photos of students so I can recognize them, ability to sign into one program for iep’s, Attendance, grades, schedule, etc. ability to see documents by past years all as one pdf

What do you dislike?

Billing separate from infinite campus. It would be helpful to have attendance and billing linked

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it fits your districts requirements, we had to tailor for our needs

All in one education

"Easy user interface"

What do you like best?

Infinite campus is the best database management software I have ever used. It’s simple to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when they make an update it moves things around and it takes a while to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best database management software I have ever used.

Ease of management and able to share information immediately between our high schools and Special Education Departments.

"IC Review"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus stores a lot of important things for teachers and educators. We used IC for everything from attendance to report cards. It was great having one central place for all of these items.

What do you dislike?

IC is a little bit antiquated. The platform itself seems a little old and needs some updating. More often than not, when completing report cards, the system would crash and nothing would save. Other than that, the system is pretty intuitive.

We used this for our classes and school-wide. Once we were trained properly, we were able to use the many features of IC, but we did not receive adequate training.

Infinite Campus review by Tara F.
Tara F.

"Easy management system..."

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is your one stop for all your student management needs. You can enter grades, look up addresses, upload pictures of students, student discipline reports, attendance, and more.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't send a mass e-mail to an entire class or parent from Infinite Campus. You have to copy and paste and e-mail address to your mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't switch between schools when trying to enter grades, the system will freeze on you.

This is an easy system to submit you grades to the office. And manage your attendance, if your office keeps student absences up-to-date to is a great way to keep track of students.

Infinite Campus review by Ariana J.
Ariana J.

"Very complete SIS"

What do you like best?

Many different features are included. It's nice to have everything organized and in one place. Gradebook, attendance, seating charts, also good data visualization... etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be slow to load. Also I wish more of the customizable features were not at an extra cost, it would be nice to have everything included in the price. The program could also be a bit more intuitive for teachers to use it more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mostly intuitive program, but training is needed to use the product in the correct/best way possible.

Use for data recompilation, organization, systematization of teacher efforts and convenience.

Infinite Campus review by User

"IC for hs/middle school but not elem"

What do you like best?

Easy to look up information, if it has been added to data base.

What do you dislike?

Using gradebook for elementary is challenging. Too many steps to get going.

But once a teacher has done all the work... it’s easy!

Not easy direct help. District IC person does return calls to help.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"User friendly, but limited"

What do you like best?

Nice interface, fairly easy to use. The system is generally intuitive, and it looks nice. Decent options for setting personal defaults for the system log in.

What do you dislike?

It's limited. The ability to easily export information would be a great feature and that's missing here. It also takes quite a few clicks to get to certain information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy interface, limited capabilities

Utilized for grading, attendance, accessing student information.

Infinite Campus review by Melissa S.
Melissa S.

"Our primary SIS for our district"

What do you like best?

Safe and secure data. Protects our students and staff info

What do you dislike?

Need standards-based grading system that is user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in a State that requires Standards-based grading you might want to look into a SIS that has a grading system that is more user-friendly for staff.

SIS that feeds (and houses the data) for our visual data dashboard

Infinite Campus review by User

"Not very education friendly"

What do you like best?

All of your information is in one place.

What do you dislike?

Clearly not really made with teachers in mind. Cumbersome to jump around from gradebook to student information. More options than needed creates a ton of clutter.

We use it for grades, but not very useful for standards based grading.

"Helpful reports"

What do you like best?

I found it very useful for the reports I had to run daily and monthly

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly for help needed. When I needed to ask questions for technical assistance, I didn't find much help or support. Help portion is not very accessible or obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure what to say. My district is phasing IC out and moving to Skyward with the other majority of FL school districts.

behavior and grade analysis

Infinite Campus review by Melanie S.
Melanie S.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

I like the interface best. Although some people indicate they don't think it's user-friendly, once you know your way around, it is easy to find what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Some of the screens are too large where scrolling is necessary or some screens could allow for more surface area instead of making people scroll.

Our district has been using Infinite Campus since its inception. We do not use all the features available, like the finance or human resources portion, but use online registration, for example, which is a big time-saver.

User in Education Management

"Great Software for Managing Students"

What do you like best?

Not only can I keep track of my students grades, but it is an easy way to keep track of attendance.

What do you dislike?

If there are too many people using the system at the same time, the system will get bogged down and work very slow.

Using this software has allowed my school to be able to build a central database of student information that is accessible from any workstation. Also, I have used it to generate reports to tell me more about each student and to make me class flow much easier

"6 Year IC user."

What do you like best?

Spec. Ed. module allowed for inputting spec. ed. documents including IEPs, progress reports, and district uploaded forms.

What do you dislike?

My district (not IC) removed deletion abilities which made it challenging to adjust my own work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trainings offered by your company and learn all that the system has to offer.

Benefits included sharing information among selected colleagues and linking data/ linking documents

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Complicated but Functional "

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus allows me to perform most record-keeping functions expected in today’s data-driven Elementary Education world.

What do you dislike?

It is not particularly intuitive and requires training and support to utilize effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get training and use support services.

I can track multiple measures of student performance, demographics, attendance, contacts, and records for my students.

"Teachers "

What do you like best?

Taking attendance is incredibly easy and locating students schedules as well as home phone numbers.

What do you dislike?

I don't enjoy printing progress reports and I wish the seating chart function made sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get to know the system.

There is a huge benefit in being able to automatically email parents when a student is failing a class.

Infinite Campus review by Megan T.
Megan T.

"Great for High School "

What do you like best?

The organization of the grade book is great for traditional classroom set up. Communication home is much easier. Teacher contact log is beneficial for all in the system.

What do you dislike?

There is a struggle if the class is set up with standards based grading

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!!

Communication home to parents is much easier

Infinite Campus review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Neenah High - PE Department Data Extraction"

What do you like best?

All the data that IS kept. I actually use the data more than the system. But the system seems to work great and seems to run pretty fact which is important.

What do you dislike?

The tables data seems to be too many tables for just a few important fields - there are way to many fields just connecting tables.. There are way to many parent child relationships /cousins/ step children etc. You need a road map to understand the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a school district looking for a system - this seems to fit all needs.

We have a physical Educational system that requires the list of kids in the whole school district and then when they have Phy Ed. This is an ongoing pull that happens quite often as classes change. Entering this in by hand especially for grade 6-12 would be a real time consuming effort especially when we have this data already in technology so I wrote a system to talk to the infinite campus tables and then give me the data needed as often as I like.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Infinite Campus-Middle School teacher"

What do you like best?

The ability to use student pictures to create rosters and seating charts is the feature I like best.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that when a student transfers to a different section I am teaching their grades do not transfer as well.

Record keeping

Administrator in Education Management

"Inferior SIS, but only choice in Nevada"

What do you like best?

Simple interface, extensive security settings.

What do you dislike?

Too much text, feels like an ancient interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplistic interface, good for users who just want to sift through text to find data.

Finding out to administer the system, compared to PowerSchool. System is more multi-family friendly.

Infinite Campus review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Easy way to keep track of records."

What do you like best?

Easy to input data, reports are easy to run.

What do you dislike?

Some reports can be complicated if you have to create them yourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the FAQ section when stuck on something.

It's a secretary's dream system! It allows us to input student records and track them throughout their entire school (elementary-high school) career. It even helps us keep track of employee info.

Infinite Campus review by User

"I wish we had Power School back."

What do you like best?

Nothing. I do not like your product. I wish we could use Power School.

What do you dislike?

There are a plethora of things I dislike. A huge problem is that I can't print a progress report for parents. Our IT person has to print them. That also includes report cards. In addition, it takes a lot of steps just to add grades. It takes so much longer than Power School. Power School is a much better product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it.

none

Infinite Campus review by Hilary H.
Hilary H.

"Good software, not most user friendly"

What do you like best?

It does the job, allows you to add/setup assignments and change them later quite easily.

What do you dislike?

The need to switch between Campus Tools and Campus Instruction to view student data is a pain

It helps grades get done, and provides a portal for parents and students- something we didn't have before.

Infinite Campus review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Infinite Campus Review"

What do you like best?

The best part of campus is the simple user interface. I loved how easy it was to the information I needed without having to dig through pages of documents

What do you dislike?

When concerns were brought up, management seemed completely oblivious to the fact that the employees that they were closest with were the worst workers, by far. They had completely had the wool pulled over their eyes in regards to who they thought the "good" employees were. I saw multiple instances where there were two people responsible for a mistake, and the employee that didn't have the manager's personal number in their phone was the one that was blamed 100%. In a few cases, that person lost their job when it was brutally clear that the other party was responsible.

Campus has many benefits. The ease of use for student grades and tracking being my favorite.

"Infinite Campus"

What do you like best?

Used by our school district for attendance and report cards. Easy to use to input grades.

What do you dislike?

Everything in this program was easy to use once trained in use of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use.

Easy to do grade book.

"Teacher tool"

What do you like best?

Parents and students can check their grades regularly

What do you dislike?

Program is not user friendly for teachers to set up standards.

After set up occurs, grades can be filtered into report card

Infinite Campus review by User

"IC use by middle school teacher"

What do you like best?

I like the feature to use student pictures for rosters and seating charts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you have to give assignments an abbreviation.

IC allows one program for attendance, record keeping, and communication with parents.

"Pretty user friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that infinite campus lets me search for students using initials only. I also like how it has features that allow me to get the most frequently occurring grade for my students in the standards based grading mode.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to toggle back and forth from different screens to access everything I need to.

I use infinite campus to record and determine all of my students' grades.

"Infinite clCampus"

What do you like best?

Different types of info abailable to teacher.

What do you dislike?

Some pieces of gradebook appmication are complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarize yourself with all aspects of the program.

Storing patent contact information, easy access to grades, access to Teacher Evaluation platform.

Infinite Campus review by Il Hyung C.
Il Hyung C.

"Easy but TMI"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive, able to locate grades

What do you dislike?

Too many options, maybe reduce menu option depending on the user status/setting/permissions (i.e. teacher, student, parent)

None... since I'm only the parent checking in on my child's grades

Infinite Campus review by Caroline M.
Caroline M.

"Infinite campus "

What do you like best?

Grade posting

Parent portal

Roster

Easy attendance taking

Messaging feature

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to navigate between campus tools and campus instruction

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for grading, communication and organization

Parent communication

Grading

Personal contact information

Learning about Infinite Campus?

* We monitor all Infinite Campus reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.