Do you work for Infinite Campus?

Infinite Campus Reviews & Product Details

What is Infinite Campus?

Infinite Campus is a comprehensive, Web-based K-12 student information system (SIS) with real-time access to administration, instruction, communication, curriculum, reporting and more.

Infinite Campus Screenshots

Infinite Campus Reviews

1-50 of 139 total Infinite Campus reviews

Infinite Campus Reviews

1-50 of 139 total Infinite Campus reviews
Infinite Campus review by David L.
English Teacher

"Strong LMS for educators"

What do you like best?

There are many tabs and areas for student information and management. The reports have many options and possibilities to customize and print. There are strong features for grading; within the grading, assignments may be duplicated and/or shared with other sections. There are also easy ways to connect with parents through auto emailing features and text messaging.

What do you dislike?

The help features are lengthy and difficult to maneuver. There is not an intuitive search feature within the help section. An added chat would be preferable. Also, there are several links that require multiple clicks and take longer than preferred to get into those screens making it a more difficult task.

Sorting in the grading area is limited and not able to customize. This would be a better system to be able to sort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out all the features and create training for all of the multiple features that are available to use. Many teacher that use IC do not use a majority of the features.

Being able to make consistent documentation, record keeping and parent contact recording for students.

Infinite Campus review by Jake H.
Teacher

"Great collaborate product which makes communications breeze!"

What do you like best?

I ablosutley appreciate the strong connection between educators that allows them to collaborate and use an all in one system! This product aligns state standards, weekly progress, grade books, rosters, and many more! This makes my life a ton easier being able to use this program! I Would be lost without it!

What do you dislike?

Great all inclusive product but into would valuable to have posting grades more easily accessible. I know they have some tutorials but I feel they are dated and lack a lot of new innovative technology that has been implemented since the video was originally created.

Our staff uses the information to see student progress and how much of an impact we are having on our students in the classroom. This had helped out company to focus on areas of improvement and where we need to focus our attention to have the best results for our students.

Infinite Campus review by Richelle H.

"Fine Tuned Resource "

What do you like best?

I like being able to make categories for my grade book. Also I like being able to mark certain grades for individual students as late, cheat, or exempt. I also like the color coding feature.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that every semester I have to input all of my weighted classifications again. Also I don’t like that attendance isn’t shown on the assignments. I wish I could have a quick view of the student attendance for an assignment that was due so I don’t have to go I different pages to look up this info before marking it as absent or late. A scroll over quick view of attendance would be great. Something like the last 7-10 days would be amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’d be useful to have a professional development over using the program. It is quite hard if you try to figure it out by yourself.

I like that I am able to keep students and guardians up to date in their progress at all times. I wish I could text message parents or students that had missing assignments to remind them tho. Not all guardians sign up to get notifications. I update their progress daily.

Infinite Campus review by User

"Easy way to manage grading and attendance"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how everything is easy to find (once you learn where it is). I enjoy that it streamlines my grading and attendance, putting everything into one easy spot. I also appreciate how much easier it makes communicating with parents, and sharing important information with administration. The ease with which I can access any of this information from multiple computers is also a huge benefit, as I can work from both home or school.

What do you dislike?

There is a very steep learning curve to this piece of software. I also wish that there was a way to access the quick class list that pops up on the right side of the screen on days when you don't have that class. As a band teacher that does pull out lessons where I only technically see my kids every other day I have a lot easier time looking up where students are on the days when I can pull up this sidebar (I think it's for attendance, but also has a quick look at student information including attendance)

This helps keep grades, attendance, and everything else managed. It allows me to quickly look up contact information if I need to call home, and any information that I put into infinite campus is seamlessly viewed by both parents and administration. I teach at two different districts, and the one that uses Infinite Campus I feel is much more modern and easy to do grading and other important things.

Infinite Campus review by Megan F.
Executive Secretary for Student Services
Primary/Secondary Education

"Great on Back & Front End"

What do you like best?

We use Infintite Campus with our students and parents. Overall, from an employee standpoint it’s very easy to use and has an easy to navigate screen. It’s quick to learn for parents in their portal and for students to navigate as well! Search capabilities are fantastic and it’s easy to find and manage family groupings. This is extremely important in many of our tasks.

What do you dislike?

Only downside I’ve found is that it is hard to create and run reports without getting a ton of additional, unneeded information. Additionally, if staff do not input information it does no good for families and students. If there could be guaranteed minimums for grade inputs that would be helpful! I would love to see alarms if attendance and grades aren’t entered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, very customizable, friendly views for staff and for parents. Overall, a great pick for school districts!

One downside - the software is only good as you use it. If staff fail to input important student information, such as grades, attendance, etc., it’s not helpful to parents and families.

I think the big thing for us is finding ways to track information that is important for students and their families. A big benefit is the ability to customize the information we see under each student.

Infinite Campus review by Craig B.
Director of Information Services and Technology

"Best in Breed"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is simply the best SIS in the market space. I've been a customer since 2001. Beyond the outstanding functionality and feature set, the company's commitment to being a true innovator in the education space is amazing. They are a rock-solid corporate culture that's rooted in educational best-practices and not just what's most convenient for adults. The actual product has been nearly bullet-proof, too, in terms of reliability and uptime.

What do you dislike?

As strongly focused on education as they are, the development team at Infinite Campus can be a bit xenophobic when working with 3rd party vendors. This has gotten better over time. But, it has been occasionally problematic for them to deal with other vendors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. But, it is complex. Take time to plan and outline implementation.

Campus is our student information system -- providing permanent student records and giving teachers utility tools like planners and grade books. It's saved us a lot of time and money in terms of centralized data.

Infinite Campus review by Brittany B.
Writing Center Tutor
Higher Education

"The Classic Grade Service"

What do you like best?

I think for the most part, infinite campus is easy to use. It has everything you need in one place-- both for the teacher/administrator and for the student. It makes it relatively easy to input every student's grade in and parents find it very useful, as well, as there are ways to set it up so they get notifications any time a student's grade is entered.

What do you dislike?

We have had problems with infinite campus crashing at our school, so for long-ish periods of time, we have been left entirely without it. This is something that happens on an extremely regular basis, but just be aware that it does happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Infinite Campus is a widely used tool in schools across the country for a reason-- it is easy to use and puts everything you need for every student into the same system. I highly recommend.

Infinite Campus makes it really easy to stay organized with grades, as a teacher. It provides a very easy and convenient way to check how students are doing with their homework/assigned work.

Infinite Campus review by David L.
Educator

"Decent LMS - Somewhat User-friendly"

What do you like best?

There are decent reports and a lot of information to access regarding students. Nice way to document information about students. There are a number of reports that are available and they are full of options in which to print or save as PDF. The setup is good for creating lessons and entering grades. It is pretty intuitive in use.

What do you dislike?

Help pages are difficult to maneuver. It is not an easy help site to move around and find the area needed for support. Would be better if there was an available chat function to get quick help.

There is an inability to sort assignments other than the choices that IC make available. There are some areas that require too many clicks to get to what you are looking to use.

This is a powerful system to manage grading and documentation of student behavior, testing information, and other counseling needs. There are a few fixes that would make this an even more powerful system. This is one of the premiere systems to use for LMS.

Infinite Campus review by User

"Not The Most User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like how many features or options there are in gradebokm. For example, the way you can group certain assignments with specific students. Also, to be able to vary the weight each category holds in the overall grade.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is to navigate. It is not particularly easy to navigate how to use/manipulate many of the features so I feel like I am probably missing out on some features that could be helping me out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend making sure you have a lot of time to learn the ins and outs of this program. Be ready to reach out to customer service. If you’re lucky, you will have at least 1 person on staff who is a pro at it, ask them all your questions!

The main benefit for us is that it is all-inclusive. We are able to use one piece of software to take attendance, write referrals, keep up with student immunizations, produce report cards etc...

Infinite Campus review by Becky C.
Special Education Department Chair

"IC for Everything You Need"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is housed under one platform. Grades, attendance, IEPs, medical...it's all in the same place. The IEP format is all I've ever used, so to me it is efficient. I also like the ability to fill in grades, etc. in the gradebook. It helps enter grades more efficiently instead of filling everything individually.

What do you dislike?

I don't think the setup is the most intuitive. I have been using IC for 13 years, and I still find myself searching for the right way to get to something at times. All programs change over the years, but some of the changes don't seem to make the program more user-friendly.

I think Infinite Campus streamlines productivity in schools. It places all the important documents you need for a child in one place. Having everything in one place makes it easier for all teachers that work with a student to access documents they need in the quickest manner.

Infinite Campus review by User in Executive Office

"Good program, but could be better"

What do you like best?

I wouldn't say that there is anything in particular I really 'like' about Infinite Campus. I have to use it for my job, but find it difficult to use.

What do you dislike?

I find Infinite Campus very hard to navigate. I don't find it very user friendly. It is difficult to find what I want, or where the information I want is located. The grade book page is especially difficult. It has so much information, but perhaps it's too much information all on one page. Very hard to find what I'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider finding something not so complicated for the user to actually use. There is SO much information on the Grade Book page that it is truly overwhelming. I'm sorry I don't have much more good to say about it at this point. Again, perhaps with MUCH more practice, I will get more accustomed to this program and how to navigate through it.

We use it for our grade book and I specifically use it for my Special Education students to access GO-IEP. I should probably use it more, but again, I find it very hard to navigate. Perhaps with more use and practice, I will begin to appreciate it and use it more.

Infinite Campus review by Rachael P.
ELL Teacher
Publishing

"Infinite Campus, Chunky and Slow, but Hub for All Info "

What do you like best?

I like that infinite campus contains all student information and multiple sites are not needed to store grades, student info, etc separately.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Infinite Campus cannot be paired with other sites to import grades the way Powerschool and Schoology can (for instance).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that Infinite Campus' site is somewhat aged and outdated. Unlike Powerschool it is difficult to run different reports needed, but it does contain all the information teachers need to perform their daily duties. I recommend having conversations with admin, etc about grade manipulation needs (special education, 504) before committing to this site. This site does not allow for scaled grading per student.

Infinite campus lets me see multiple contact information for students and allows me to log behavior concerns per student. This has helped us track behavior, although pulling data is cumbersome.

Infinite Campus review by Sarah J.
Co Founder
Music

"Infinite Campus - Orchestra Teacher "

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is a user friendly site. Roster, grades, attendance are all kept in separate categories. You can opt to use your own grading system and just input final grades or keep track on the actual site which is easily accessible to students.

What do you dislike?

I work at several different schools and there is not an option to view ALL class rosters at the same time, I have to click between each school page which is time consuming and can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Infinite Campus is a clean and easily formatted way to keep track of students, alerts, attendance and grades.

I am able to track student school attendance for any frequently absent students. Health alerts and emotional alerts are also easily found here. This helps me best serve my students.

Infinite Campus review by User in Education Management

"Infinite Campus Offers Opporutnites, Information, and Connections"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus is a useful information source that provides grades for our students. It is easy to use and navigation friendly. Unlike PowerSchools, I have never seen a need to back-up my grades. There are some additional learning features that are not utilized at my school district, but it is user-friendly from an administration viewpoint to a teacher viewpoint to a student viewpoint. Parents have utilized the program more and more over the past ten years.

What do you dislike?

The only big dislike I have with Schoology is that it is does not correlate, or connect with Schoology. I would love to be able to enter my grades on Schoology and have them transfer into Schoology. I also don't like that they took away the feature where I can see type out what the assignment was if parents want to read the assignment description.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Infinite Campus over PowerSchools. It provides more information on an administration front and on a teacher front it is just as powerful if not more powerful than PowerSchools.

I like that Infinite Campus allows our district to disseminate information very quickly. Whether it is grades or announcements, the information is ever-present with Infinite Campus.

Infinite Campus review by Natalie B.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Infinite Campus Elementary Schools"

What do you like best?

I like the availability of information for staff throughout the school. It is nice to be able to access information on students and look up that information independently instead of having to refer to specific individuals throughout the school depending on the information needed.

What do you dislike?

There are so many tabs and so many options for seeking information that it can be confusing and hard to remember where exactly I need to look to find certain information.

I use Infinite Campus to track attendance and personal information for students that I am working with. It is nice to be able to look up consent forms, home language information, and other basic information about the child through this site rather than having to seek that information from someone else within the school .

Infinite Campus review by Hannah S.

"Infinite Campus"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is accessible on one page. There are several tabs, and they are sensibly organized. I also like that certain documents are stored for several years and current teachers can access past records. I like the layout and colors of the website as well.

What do you dislike?

I use this application in a school setting. This site crashes very frequently and sometimes is not accessible at all. I also have trouble logging in every morning to take attendance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There may be an issue when excessive users are logged into the application. For example, our district has thousands of teachers logging on at the same time to take attendance which causes it to crash and makes the application slow.

When I am able to successfully log in, it is very easy to accomplish tasks like taking attendance or downloading documents. Everything is straight forward and easy to understand. One benefit is that documents are stored safely and are secured.

Infinite Campus review by User in Primary/Secondary Education

"I like this program, but could certainly improve. "

What do you like best?

I like how it includes all of the students’ information in one program. Taking attendance is very easy.

What do you dislike?

The interface could certainly use some improvements. I wish I could run more custom of reports. I feel like it could be organized much better. The grade book lacks functionality. There are certain reports I wish I could run, but I can't because the program is limited. Sort assignments and copy/pasting them from term to term is not as easy as I feel it could be.

I am able to find out detailed information about my students and important information about this can be communicated to all necessary parties. The parents having access to it is nice because if their student's grade changes, they can see it right away. I've even received a phone call the day of from a parent that enabled me to have a very beneficial conversation with them about their student's performance in my class.

Infinite Campus review by Kimi A.
School Social Worker
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Student database platform needs a makeover"

What do you like best?

The platform does keep student information organized. It's also helpful to see past student behavioral records from other staff members just to get a better history of the student.

What do you dislike?

Infinite Campus is difficult to navigate through. When you click on a tab for the student, all the tabs end up shifting around, which makes it confusing and disorienting. Furthermore, anyone can edit a comment/report made by someone else. I find that not being able to see past edits (or at least, who has tried to edit the comment) is problematic.

It is a good way to keep track of student behavioral reports and attendance. Infinite Campus also helps staff members stay accountable by utilizing contact logs with parents and students.

Infinite Campus review by User in Education Management

"Everyday's dashboard for a teacher"

What do you like best?

I like that it is organized in a user-friendly way between Instruction and Tools. I like that they are trying to make it less spreadsheet/database looking like it used to be and more intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't go between certain screens easily like the PLP part of a student's profile and their general menu with the schedule, grades, parental contact info, home language survey. So when you go to call home and document it, you have to either have your Chormebook or PC open and your desktop or you have to write it all down on a post-it note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train staff members who will be using this and do so in all features that they need to use. Some components, like pulling AdHoc reports, is still a bit challenging since not all of us do this all that often.

We track attendance, grading, responsive scheduler for academic interventions, etc. through this tool. It has made facilitating the circulation of our 1500 students easier to get them the help that they need in a timely fashion.

Infinite Campus review by Kelsey S.

"mixed feelings"

What do you like best?

The attendance and behavior management is good. I like recent updates to the main instructional screen to add more functionality. IE., I like that I can now input grades from the attendance screen, and access student information.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the tools menu. It is not user friendly. It’s cluncky for keeping track of contact with parents. To many screens switching from student to student. I would like more options in the grade book as well. Planning tools are essentially useless.

It helps track school and student information It has good capabilities for integration across the state. Good privacy features to keep student data safe.

"Experience Required"

What do you like best?

You can upload documents as needed and label them and store them based on school years. Good for organizing your own documents if you choose to create your own documents (e.g., eligibility, reevaluation/redetermination, permission forms, parental consent to place, etc.).

What do you dislike?

Infinite Campus is definitely not user friendly. I came from another SIS platform and had a huge learning curve to overcome. Things are not obvious or convenient and I find myself searching multiple pages to find basic information. The tabs and buttons are not laid out for the eye to easily follow. I do not like that I have to search within a different tab for special education information. I would rather be able to search a student and pull up all the options needed rather than search the same student in a different location to learn out specific information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure to take the necessary training in order to know how to navigate and use the features. shop around to make sure that you have a SIS that can communicate with you registrar's system.

Student information system storage. SPED caseload management

Infinite Campus review by Kathleen H.

"Easy to use Student Information software!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. I can find everything I need to service my students. Upon first logging in, I can search Campus Tools for any student in the school. Within that student's profile I can see their personal information. I can look at their schedule. I can see past assessment records. It will also alert me to any health issues or ESL information, such as the need for translation. Under the instruction portion of the portal I can give grades, create rosters, seating charts, birthday lists or create mailing labels. When posting grades, I can do it student by student or I can choose standard by standard.

What do you dislike?

I honestly haven't found anything I dislike. It's fairly easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll like it. Great training and easy to use.

A student Information system is critical in a modern school system.

Infinite Campus review by Sarah L.
Health and Physical Education Teacher
Education Management

"Infinite Campus for Educational Needs "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to access all of my students information all in one place. I have been using Infinite Campus for the past 5 years at several different schools, so I am used to the format and am just now really understanding all the other options IC has to to offer.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I didnt have to switch back and forth between campus tools and Instruction. I know they are separate entities, but it would be nice not to have to click so much to get the information that I need

Attendance records, Student Data and Records information, Pretest/Post-Test Score Information, Gradebooks, Report Cards, Progress, Test scores

Infinite Campus review by Casey E.
Affective Needs Paraprofessional
Education Management

"The easiest way to check grades! "

What do you like best?

I like that either myself or my students can check their grades instantly and new gradebook additions get instantly sent to their phones.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything! I think it is fabulous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool as much as you can! The students appreciate it! There is nothing better for a parent than to have grades updated in real time.

I no longer need to have a written grade book and spend so much time updating grades. I can input them as needed and they students have instant access. This is such a time saver and the students truly appreciate knowing where they stand in the class at all times!

Infinite Campus review by Anthony S.
Graduate Research Assistant
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Infinite Campus is (mostly) great"

What do you like best?

I love that this provides a platform for everything I need, and has the ability to give me schoolwide and personal class info for my classrooms.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's difficult to navigate from the instructional view back to the original view. I also have noticed some bugs in my data entry, and really wish there was an Autosave function. I don't even know how many times I've been logged out and lost grades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have time initially to explore IC, it has a steep learning curve at first.

I'm using this for grades, and have been able to find almost all of my student info in the same place.which I love.

Infinite Campus review by Rainah P.

"Interactive Student Platform"

What do you like best?

I love the grade book will average and post the grades directly for you. All that needs to be done is a right click and half of the work is complete!

What do you dislike?

The need to "set" up classes every year. For the first few weeks of school, the grade book cannot be utilized due to this. Also, if it could connect with Mastery Connect or Clever to import data, the time saved would be immeasurable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it time. It all works together if you give it time.

It has saved a great deal of time. Every teacher knows that time is something money cannot buy.

Infinite Campus review by Barbara D.
Spanish Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education

"Infinite Campus is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like I can create categories and weight them and IC does all the math. I like that I can enter M for missing and it shows up red on student reports, I like the missing assignments report feature I can create for students

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cant access all features from the same home screen, that I have to switch to TOOLS from Gradebook to look up a kids schedule and then back pedal to where I was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

most places are using IC, I like that when I switch schools this isnt another new thing to learn

Its easy for students to see what they owe. I like it that kids can sign up for notifications when I enter grades so they know what they earned right away, kids are more attentive to their work when they get these notifications.

"Works, but bulky."

What do you like best?

The actual ability to manage education information is complete. Grade book abilities are decent, and it is organized well.

What do you dislike?

The website is bulky and hard to use sometimes. Natural connections between different sections do no exist and you find yourself clicking out and moving to new sections when normal use would connect the two. There is no way to customize your startup or login- you have to follow the same X steps each time you login, and that could all be automated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to familiarize yourself with all tutorials. There is not a lot of "natural" movement within the program, but understanding the different sections through the tutorial will definitely help you to navigate through and use it more wisely. Experience lets me move through pretty fast but when I first started the program I had a difficult time navigating.

It takes care of data completely and requires no other software.

Infinite Campus review by User in Fine Art

"Works well but Clunky"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the look of the grade book function. I like that you can see the the students, grades, and items graded all at the same time on a fairly clean table. It's easy to maneuver around and change grades and mark things either missing or late.

What do you dislike?

It is really clunky when it comes to adding items to the grade book. . I really don't like that I are unable to pull up the grading categories for one class and adjust them as a group, instead you have to open up each category and change the percentage and then close it and open up the next category. I also really dislike that if I use my track pad on my computer and accidentally scroll left/right too far it jumps to the next tab. I can't figure out if I can turn it off. Better integration with Schoology would be awesome too. Not having to input everything twice, once in campus and once in schoology would save me so much time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has many good features but it a little bit clunky in use.

Trying to find an efficient way to share grades with students and parents in a clear concise way. It's nice that students can at any time pull up their grades and show their parents.

Infinite Campus review by Emily B.
GEAR UP Advisor

"Infinite Campus Review"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Infinite Campus as an educator is that I can find everything I need to know in one place. It is also a very handy tool to track attendance and grades. It's pretty user friendly for parents & guardians as well.

What do you dislike?

Certain things are hard to find and access in Infinite Campus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it may work out great for your educational needs.

Student information is so easily accessible it is seamless to meet with students, track behavior, attendance, supports, and contacts. We can help connect students to resources and prevent problems with more ease.

Infinite Campus review by Andrea M.
Business and Computer Science Teacher

"Infinite campus improved"

What do you like best?

New instruction feature is nice and makes the layout more user friendly. I like the all-in-one capabilities for schools and parents.

What do you dislike?

Not all features have been rolled over. You have to sometimes switch between the old interface and new to view specific items. We have also had issues with glitches this year that impact gradebooks.

Infinite campus is a great tool for communicating with parents and guardians about grades, behavior, school announcements, and scheduling. It makes communication much easier because we are able to do it in one place.

Infinite Campus review by Michele O.
High School Art Instructor
Education Management

"Great product for educators"

What do you like best?

I really like the features that allow you to transfer data from one course to the next. I also like the ability to fill grades in for classes. This is a time saver when grading multiple courses.

What do you dislike?

At this time, we are a Google school and use Google Classroom. I would like the ability to transfer grades from one platform to another so I do not have to grade and post two times for each assignment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found that I occasionally need reviews and updates on use.

Real time grade posting. Students are able to look on their cell phones and be up to date immediately. They are able to utilize their app to be much more aware of where they stand in the course.

Infinite Campus review by Lauren S.

"Infinite issues "

What do you like best?

I like that grades, attendance and behavioral reports are all in one place. We have also added iEP files.

What do you dislike?

There is no mass reset for passwords or mass ways to update information not must be changed case by case. One glitch in updating between school years can wipe all schedules

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the standard setup. We encountered many issues due to requesting a custom edition.

Communication is streamlined. It it easier to make connections between grades and attendance. Teachers can view rosters that contain flags for IEPS, health issues, custody notes, etc

Infinite Campus review by Hannah A.
Teacher

"Reliable, still working out kinks"

What do you like best?

I really like that I have everything in one spot as a teacher. As far as grading, it's easy to upload everything to one spot. Additionally, I like that I am able to see all of my student information in one place.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, our school experiences tech issues that keep us from being able to take attendance/ grade. At times, it is a bit cumbersome to view my roster. If I want personal information on a student, I need to click through different options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you are able to have someone available to troubleshoot if necessary.

Taking attendance and recording grades.

Infinite Campus review by Jones Heidi J.
Education Management

"Infinite Campus is relatively easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that when taking attendance, the kids pictures are right by their names so there is never any mistaking who is present or not.

What do you dislike?

I dislike where you enter in the grades. At times I feel like it is challenging and freezes up frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is a good program and incorporates all - attendance, grades, behavior, student information.

Infinite campus allows each teacher to input their information about a student or class and then allows the district a way of tracking that information.

Infinite Campus review by User

"Ic is an unprofessional program"

What do you like best?

I can't think of anything I like about IC, as we had a much more advanced program before switching to IC.

What do you dislike?

Student information is inputted on several different screens, Household and Non household information is not easy to input, Too many boxes to check to get information to print or see. Transcripts, labels, report cards can't be modified to fit our schools needs. There are several spots to check students grades and not all have the same information. Letters/reports can't be printed on letter head. Our previous program allowed us to create professional looking documents, customized for our needs, IC only allows us to use their preset information. Too many people have the ability to change information in any of the schools. (Administration, School Board Members, etc.) The IC Help line is only helpful if you get the correct people. some of the time, for some of my questions I get "" It can't be done" Transcripts can't show enrollments or transfer information, if test scores are put on them, we have 2 page transcripts. As the Secretary, with Power School, I was able to see all information regarding students, including log in information to help them get logged into their grades. We are a small school that takes pride in keeping a close eye on our students and IC does not have the quick look up for grades, it does not allow us access to see the passwords for student log in so they are changed often to help them log in. I miss the ability to have all student information on one screen, the quick look ups, the customized labels/reports and transcripts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless your current program, does not allow you to customize, or input information on one screen, then this is the program for you.

I have gotten some very helpful people on the help line that have been able to help me with some of the problems or reports I need.

Infinite Campus review by User in Education Management

"Everything in One Place"

What do you like best?

I like that everything I need; roster, gradebook, parent information and student information is all in one place. I love the new Control Center, it makes taking attendance and entering grades a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't automatically save information entered into the gradebook, having an automatic save feature would make life so much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program but if you have a lot of people who aren't tech savvy you will need to provide a lot of training.

Infinite Campus allowed us to combine two systems and paper record keeping in one simple platform. It is really nice to be able to access all of the information in one place.

Infinite Campus review by User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Helpful for Attendance and Information "

What do you like best?

I like using Infinite Campus for locating and looking up student information and submitting attendance. It has a pretty good system setup for the different types of information that different educational professionals might need to access about their students.

What do you dislike?

The complaint I most often have with Infinite Campus are difficulties with the mobile application as an educator and random difficulties with functions. The app that I have been able to locate seems to only be usable for students and parents, which is a bit disappointing as something like taking attendance seems like something simple and quick to do on a mobile device like an iPad. So far, I can only sign in through a browser and it's a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have experience using Infinite Campus as the only grading tool available for grade communication to parents and I also have experience using it in combination with Schoology. We primarily use Schoology for daily assignments and Infinite Campus for final grade reporting, and I feel that this system works best if your school uses a grading system different than the typical A, B, C percentage grading system.

Infinite Campus is the system that we use for taking attendance, recording student information and submitting grades.

Infinite Campus review by User in Education Management

"Infinitely cumbersome and difficult to navigate"

What do you like best?

Infinite Campus has some fine features, including it's ability to see students who share households or parents, which is important information to have. It also makes taking attendance simple and fast and is partially accessible on mobile. The Gradebook view is very important and useful as well.

What do you dislike?

There are several huge issues that make Infinite Campus less user friendly than it should be. For example, Gradebook does not auto-save, which means you can lose an hour of work in a heartbeat. Additionally, the number of browsers Infinite Campus works with is very small, and, more than likely, you'll run into major loading issues with the java support needed for Gradebook. Also, it has mobile capabilities, but they are nearly useless. You can't take attendance, you can't update grades, and you can't make calls from the app. Finally, there are minimal export/import capabilities, which is frustrating at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would seriously consider what your most important needs are and see if Infinite Campus meets them. Do you want to track data around parent contact and behavior? If yes, navigate as far away from this as you can. Do you want a basic system that would allow you to see attendance and grades? If so, Infinite Campus is for you.

I have only ever solved the issue of figuring out how to contact one family at a time for several students because of the family relations map. However, this is really the only benefit of Infinite Campus.

Infinite Campus review by User in Education Management

"How Infinite campus is a great tool for evaluating students progress"

What do you like best?

I like that the infinite campus program can be viewed by the parents, so they can see how their student is doing in particular assignments. They can look at the weighted amount for each area of their grade. They can see the points earned per assignment. The program is easy to use and very user friendly, where I can teach my other colleagues to use it as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way that the system has the columns to put the data set up, it is very tedious on how you have to go back and refresh each time. I like to have to just fix it immediately or go back and review and change it right away. More features for the program to be used from my ipad and not just my work computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider having an update of the program so that it is easier to post grades and information. Also have a feature where it can be shared to have multiple teachers have the acess to the information, so that they can collaborate.

I used the program to do my grades, attendance, keep track of the behavior of my students, keep a record of progress of my students in specific assignments, use it to compare data of test and quizzes.

Infinite Campus review by Administrator in Education Management

"Infinite Campus - infinite possibilities"

What do you like best?

This product is our go to product for all our Student Information System needs. We can pull data out pretty easily.

What do you dislike?

If I print a report of "power standards" assigned to courses, I would love the ability to use the "Power Standard" checkbox to print report cards as well.

We are able to store all our information in one place. The ability to grant permissions in such a granular fashion protects our student data. I am particularly happy that Infinite Campus has included Standards Based Grading as required by the state of Vermont, has included "roll-up grades", allows printing a conventional and standards based report card at the same time, and