InitLive

InitLive

InitLive equips event producers with a premium scheduling and real-time communication platform to manage event staff and volunteers. The tool streamlines the end-to-end experience for the team, and by extension, event attendees and sponsors.

Work for InitLive?

Learning about InitLive?

InitLive Reviews

Ask InitLive a Question
Showing 23 InitLive reviews
InitLive review by Bill R.
Bill R.

"Reviewing Init Live for our Festivals"

What do you like best?

Our volunteer coordination is a fairly large undertaking - with thousands of volunteers in our data base, 8 different charities we partner with, and 6 different festivals in 4 different cities. We only recently started using Init Live as part of our volunteer organization - and the early reviews have been very positive. Our head volunteer coordinator has been ecstatic with how easy it is to use, how it keeps the entire team organized, and how it has reduced issues and stress during the events.

What do you dislike?

So far we have not encountered anything you would call negative. The biggest challenge is getting volunteers to use it for the first time and become comfortable with the system - and that is really just the time commitment of walking them through the first time they use it. After that, they seem to really like it and have no problems.

Volunteer coordination is key to having our festivals run well - which in turn has a huge impact on attendees and exhibitors. With the added efficiency volunteers are better able to be in place when and where we need them - which makes for a smoother event overall.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InitLive
InitLive review by Caroline T.
Caroline T.

"InitLive saves me so much work!"

What do you like best?

I'm a Volunteer Programme Manager and am happy to say that I've had the privilege of supporting InitLive almost from the get-go with this product. I've used many others in my career but none match up to what InitLive can do - and most importantly - take away in terms of the tedious admin work that goes into the back-end of systems in volunteer program set up. The interface is easy to read, the colours are bright and friendly, it's intuitive (you can pretty much work out how to use it - but if you need help the tutorials are great), you can customize the software to what your event requires, and there's a live chat meaning you can ask InitLive support a question and they get back to you super quick. The customer support is helpful and friendly and no question is a stupid one!

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything! I might have had an answer a year ago but my feedback has been taken into consideration and the new update solves those problems!

You can get on with planning the event knowing that you don't have to invest a ton of time in the administration work for a volunteer program - InitLive takes care of so much.

What Volunteer Management solution do you use?

InitLive review by Kristi K.
Kristi K.

"For all your Volunteering/Staffing Needs"

What do you like best?

We found InitLive a few years ago and it MASSIVELY assisted in our staff-wide efforts to fill positions within our annual large conventions, as we staff them with our International employees. Prior to finding them, we had been using something that was not cutting it in the SLIGHTEST, so it was a real godsend to find InitLive. We appreciate their customer service first and foremost. They are ALWAYS on it to help us and our girl Avery specifically is a dream, truly. We also like any and all "select all" feature, as well as copying roles and shifts.

What do you dislike?

It gets a bit tricky with an import if you have quite a few staff or shifts to input, and sometimes the imports don't always go as planned (hiccups along the way). We also managed to crash their server once - that was fun! :) It's also annoying that you cannot sign up for shifts in the app itself and have to use a desktop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend InitLive, from the standpoint of what it can do for your business AND from the level of customer support you receive.

We have realized the possibility of having our whole company on one wavelength with a pretty easy to operate app that can also send push notifications, shift reminders, and check our staff in. That's pretty great for one piece of software.

InitLive review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"InitLive"

What do you like best?

The interface for the app was my favorite part as it was so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Inability for individual instructions per person

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to have a streamlined process for getting your staff checked in for various events, this is a wonderful app for that. Try it out!

This has helped to streamline our check-in process for commencement. We have various groups of people that need to check-in at various locations and this helped us to have everything in one place without all of the paper lists everywhere. Additionally, it was a great way for us to see areas of weakness based on who checked in where. I loved having everything at the palm of my hand. I cannot stress enough how much I appreciated the fact that it was an app and not these pages upon pages of spreadsheets. If I needed to find someone, it was a simple search. Their contact information was readily accessible. The only thing that I would love to have as an addition is that each person can have individualized instructions. While some of our groups have general instructions, most of them have specific instructions to their location, and I was unable to get that specific. That aside, I highly recommend!

InitLive review by Administrator

"Fantastic tool for saving time and getting organized!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have all of my volunteers in one place, not on multiple spreadsheets! I like that they can sign up for their own shifts which saves me a bunch of time and emails! The response times for support are fantastic, they do take suggestions seriously which is helpful! Everyone I've dealt with has been very friendly and offered up suggestions to help me with work arounds to the way I had previously done things!

What do you dislike?

I'm still sorting out scheduling to make things work for me. We have multiple events in multiple cities so I"m also working on sorting volunteers to notify for each specific town/event rather than sending notifications to my entire staff list for 3 different cities. It's been a bit of a learning curve to move from the spreadsheets to the software but I learn something new each time!

I do this volunteer organizing alongside a full time field job and managing a part time family in the busiest season for all of us! We have a bunch of volunteers in different cities so trying to keep that all on track with my work/personal life gets a little frantic. The INITLive software allows me to be portable (I can use any system!) and frees up time to recruit more volunteers and help with the actual event organizing as well. If I can help the others they can then focus on the more important tasks of their jobs.

InitLive review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"First time using it with our convention"

What do you like best?

They system is aesthetically pleasing to the eye, most of it is intuitive to figure out and set up. It's great overall for managing volunteers. Their are also very enthusiastic to listen to your needs and are working to implement some suggestions our team has made, which is great!

What do you dislike?

Perhaps we didn't understand some of the system but we had to go back and redo calendar items one at a time (1000s of shifts). We're lucky that the Initlive team did most of it for us but not doing something simple to make shifts appear the way you'd like and having to go in one by one to fix it is not only tedious but time consuming. Please take advantage of the training and walk through to avoid this. The mobile app didn't work as we expected but we forgot to schedule a training on that specifically, which we'll do with the system this year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take every training they offer. Their team is also actively making changes to improve their product. My review may become irrelevant due to those changes.

Database management, internal notes, having one place to manage volunteers.

InitLive review by Mark V.
Mark V.

"Great to work with"

What do you like best?

After my initial reach out to Avery she was with me every step of the way. If she was out of the office, I got a reply from a colleague, all in a very timely manner. We implemented InItLive for a unique solution and it worked great! I was extremely impressed with the level of customer service.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike. There were a few limitations to the program that could be enhanced (and after talking to them, I'm sure they will be) but many of those enhancements were because we used the tool for something different than its original purpose. However, increasing capabilities to of the roles tool to enhance individual access would be one dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lean on the InItLive Team, they will be there to help you

We used InItLive to manage a complex go-live with staff and contractors working outside their normal hours and roles. This gave us a centralized look at a 3 week schedule that was constantly shifting.

InitLive review by Crista M.
Crista M.

"In It Live has helped us streamline our volunteer procees"

What do you like best?

We love that shift supervisors can communicate with their team members before, during and after the event. They can also rate volunteers' performance and make suggestions as to where their assets would be best deployed.

What do you dislike?

Because we don't allow unscreened applicants to self-select shifts, the workflow is a little bit clunky, but we have developed a communication system that works for us. Would be nice if roles stayed on the staff profiles when imported from the organization list to an event list.

We are finding it easier to recruit and retain new volunteers, especially younger people who, like it or not, prefer to do everything online or through an app.

InitLive review by Annette B.
Annette B.

"Simple Design & Big Impact"

What do you like best?

The simple design of the admin portal and the user-facing app made it easy for our team to adopt this scheduling tool for our annual convention.

What do you dislike?

The schedule setup was intense, but once we got it in, with amazing help from Avery and team, it went very smooth when making changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a robust system that is simple to execute, this is it. The support made the setup easier, and once we were set, making changes was a breeze.

We aligned our team's schedule and activities to run our annual convention, which created a seamless and amazing Guest Experience for our attendees.

InitLive review by Lucas H.
Lucas H.

"Intuitive, User Friendly & Convenient System, Back by Excellent Customer Support "

What do you like best?

InitLive offers a clean, straightforward design that is user friendly for all. Individuals signing up for the event can do so in 4 simple steps, in less than 15 minutes. Administrator's can easily customize several of the setting in the back end to create the ideal experience for their organization.

What do you dislike?

InitLive is not supported by Internet Explorer, which some Government employees etc. are required to use at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reach out to them, discuss your needs. You'll be blown away by their knowledge of various industries and their customer care dept.

Our volunteers can easily sign up for our event in 4 quick steps. As our valued volunteers are already giving us so much of their time, it is important that make the sign up process efficient and straight forward. Benefits for the administrator(s) are the communication features and information filtering options.

InitLive review by Katrina S.
Katrina S.

"Initlive helped on the spot "

What do you like best?

I enjoyed handheld phone application. It was easy for me to communicate with my 300 plus volunteers when help was needed and where. I had a headset with the other organizers to communicate with them quicker

What do you dislike?

The calendar scheduling view - the inability to edit what the schedule looks like in a calendar view. And notifications from the app seem to be a little laggy. It is hard to tell who gets updates on phone, or email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a full test run before using it for a large event.

The ability to communicate with 300 plus volunteers during a live event. The benefits I have realized are assisting with the back end of scheduling. The ability for more than one team member to see edits live and an easy way for staff to communicate with supervisors.

InitLive review by Michael O.
Michael O.

"Ultimate tool to manage your volunteers"

What do you like best?

The best feature for us is the online registration form and schedule picker. We save a lot of time by not having to gather the information from volunteers and then having to enter it.

What do you dislike?

With a lot of volunteers it can be hard to track when a volunteer registers or removes themselves from a shift. I would recommend having a notification feature.

InitLive allows us to save a lot of time and money. It also allows us to have everything centralized in one place without the need of multiple spreadsheets.

InitLive review by Michael O.
Michael O.

"InitLive has allowed us to save countless hours and dollars"

What do you like best?

The fact that you volunteers can pick and choose their roles, shifts and schedule allows us to concentrate on producing an amazing event.

What do you dislike?

The setup time can be lengthy if your event has a lot of roles and shifts but once your event is setup it can be duplicated in following editions.

By using InitLive, our staffing costs have gone done. The work of the volunteer coordinator takes less time and can be easily be done remotely.

"InitLive = Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

InitLive's mobile app is amazing on-site at an event. It is great for corralling late volunteers and being in constant communication with any changes (or surprise snacks).

What do you dislike?

I wish InitLive had enhanced reporting and a mass upload/edit capability for shifts, and our staff wishes they could pick up shifts from their cell phone.

InitLive gives us true transparency into where our staff/volunteers are when they're on-site. We can instantly have our 300+ employees cell numbers on hand, and are able to send out push notifications for last-minute needs (like chair drops!) Adoption of the app is high because we can put relevant documents and lots of information the volunteers want to have at their fingertips!

InitLive review by Administrator

"Music for All/Bands of America"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly for both building on the backend and for users who want to sign up. The app is very easy to understand and useful for on-site management

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything major that we disliked or didn't allow us to use the app to its fullest extent!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a system that has a user friendly app, InItLive is great!

We use InItLive to both schedule volunteers for one of our larger events, and to communicate with them on-site. The biggest benefit/solution has been the ability to message all volunteers at once through the app instead of needing to export email addresses.

InitLive review by Administrator

"Customer Service is Key at InitLive"

What do you like best?

Our requests are met with quick responses and solutions.

What do you dislike?

I forget where things are located and have to dig around a bit to find what I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is good and is always improving. The customer service is fantastic!

We do conferences with about 50 volunteers scheduled throughout several days. InitLive has made our schedule management so much easier! Being able to send out a group notification without having to create a group text for every conference is fantastic!

"Very good experience"

What do you like best?

easy sign up for volunteers

visual look of the system

ability to pull various reports

What do you dislike?

the lack of cut and paste or duplication of program elements across multiple days

Ability to break up the list of volunteers into multiple days, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once the system is set up, it is very easy to use. You just have to get used to using the system.The volunteer communication piece is a great feature and easy to use. There are several different reports you can run. This allows us to track and analyze data way easier then any other system we've used.

Volunteer assignments for events

"It Works!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about InItLive is the ability to allow volunteers to manage themselves. We used this sytem for the first time in 2017. The ease of moving all the information from the 2017 setup into the 2018 event was remarkable. The more we use the system, the more we love it.

What do you dislike?

We dislike that we are unable to use the system year round. The cost is prohibitive.

We manage a three-day music festival with over 1,000 volunteers. InItLive allows us to plan ahead and make sure that all the important volunteer roles are covered for the week-end.

"InitLive Review"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see everything on the InitLive app and that I don't need to print out the master schedule.

What do you dislike?

That not all volunteers and/or staff can communicate via the InitLive app.

We are able to put together our staff plan for our biannual conferences online. In the past in putting together the staff plan, I took weeks to master as you had to make sure staff and volunteers weren't double booked. The InitLive app/website does this for you. So it cuts down on a lot of unnecessary time creating a staff plan yourself.

InitLive review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Love the application."

What do you like best?

I think that the set up is pretty easy and I love the reports.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike as it is meeting our needs for the use of the application.

We use this application to manage our volunteers at our largest users conference.

InitLive review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Great product for online mobile volunteer management "

What do you like best?

Online checkin via mobile device is the best we have found

What do you dislike?

how reports look formatting for distributing paper sign up is complicated

Volunteer management

InitLive review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Reliable volunteer app, so our volunteers are accountable"

What do you like best?

Easy Volunteer Check In will be the best.

What do you dislike?

the csv export, could be better., it includes a header for each category, and I can't choose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself time to learn the ins and outs of the program.

Volunteers who sign in and don't show up for shifts, emergency connections in case we need every staff member to know what to do.

InitLive review by User

"Extremely happy all around"

What do you like best?

Customer service is excellent and simplicity of site is wonderful!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a sort option on the staff page to filter by certain categories. (But I do believe they said they are working on this option for an update).

Site has helped with efficiency overall due to the simplicity of using it.

Learn more about InitLive

Learning about InitLive?

* We monitor all InitLive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.