Inkscape

Inkscape is a free, open source vector editing program.

Work for Inkscape?

Learning about Inkscape?

Inkscape Reviews

Showing 156 Inkscape reviews
Inkscape review by <span>Abby R.</span>
Abby R.

"Great app!"

What do you like best?

I can create an SVG files from any image or from scratch or import one and make changes. I love using it with my Cricut Explore Air 2 machine. I can also have the file saved in the format that I need it to use with my Cricut or other programs. I can also use it to make banners and cover pages for FaceBook. That there is a Good selection of tools for drawing and editing graphic objects.

What do you dislike?

Not so user friendly, unable to do something that I can in other programs. That some of the tools are on each side of the screen and that there is not a quick guide. That the collapsing of side palettes is a little small and that the floating tools palette can't be reconfigured. that the 3D Boxes tool looks a little gimmicky and that there is no PMS color support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use with just a little patience and practice. Has a lot of common functions like CorelDRAW and Adobe illustrator.

I have use this to help me make files into SVG files that people have sent me to make vynal images on my Cricut for them. I have also use it to make a cover page for my FaceBook account.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Inkscape
Inkscape review by <span>chris t.</span>
chris t.

"Inkscape lacks on appearance. "

What do you like best?

Inkscape is a really good software to draw in. I like the software identifies each different stroke you make and makes the stroke editable individually. This really comes in handy when you are trying to edit small details. I also like how Inkscape comes with many different preset shapes. This makes it a really good software to make vector designs with.

What do you dislike?

Inkscape is a good software but it is really lacking in user interface. The program seems like it could really use some update to become more appealing. I also don't like Inkscape is not very compatible with other editing softwares such as gimp and photoshop. You can transfer an image from Inkscape to another software but you will loose your smart editable objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inkscape is great for drawing. I recommend getting a compatible drawing pen to go with it.

We mainly use Inkscape for image drawing and vector design. We have benefitted form Inkscape by being able to create vectors very quickly.

What Vector Graphics solution do you use?

Inkscape review by <span>Elio Q.</span>
Elio Q.

"The best open source vector tool"

What do you like best?

Inkscape is a solid tool and a standard when it comes to vectors. It's fully featured and provides all the needed tools for professional graphic illustrations. Exported SVG's come out clean and should work straight away on the web.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Inkscape has still no Print CMYK support, so if you want to prepare Print documents you need to import your files into another program which converts to CMYK, like Scribus.

Lack of Artboards makes working with multiple elements and pages quite tiresome, as sometimes you might want to export several assets at once, instead of copy-pasting them.

Currently the user interface is also a bit clumsy and not intuititive. Customizations are kind of limited and HiDPI support is stll lacking (especially on Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Working with multi pages document is hard (PDF) as no artboards are supported. External software for merging pages is needed. User Interface is quite cluttered and non customizable. Some bugs in the line height settings when inserting type.

As a designer using Linux, Inkscape is one of the few, if not the only tool available for doing Illustration and UX Design. Vectors mean that it's lossless so you can prepare perfect documents with specific requirements. In the past, it has shown the Inkscape had the best support for SVG which work right away on the web. As open source software it is also independent from any company.

Inkscape review by <span>Marin K.</span>
Marin K.

"Why i only use Inkscape "

What do you like best?

I like that its a free and open source alternative of vector drawing software. I find it has its own learning curve but yet easy to get the hang of it. It does not compare to Illustrator and it does not require you to have prior experience with this kind of software.

It has great export tools and can export almost to any format.

If you are new in design its a good way to start.

What do you dislike?

The manipulation of objects is very basic and the plugins need another approach in comparison to Illustrator which in my opinion takes more time to achieve the same goal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its one of the best open source tools out there in vector drawing and i would suggest it to anyone who wants to get creative.

With Inkscape i design logos or illustrations which i sell in websites as Redbubble or Printful. This process lets me experiment with my creativity and also encourages me in creating more awesome work. I also use it to manipulate my drawings which i post on my other social medias and in the end i don't have to use other similar software to conclude my work.

Inkscape review by <span>beth a.</span>
beth a.

"Inkscape makes vector creating quick and easy"

What do you like best?

I like inkscape because I can easily make and edit vectors in a simple format software. Inkscape offers many tools for object creating. The drawing and shape tools work really smoothly. I like how you can group certain objects together and edit them all at once. This makes the overall workflow faster. Inkscape is also capable of handing node editing. You can set certain nodes to edit or convert and object you made to a path with editable points.

What do you dislike?

Render on inkscape can take a long time. I also do not like how inkscape does not support as many file formats as other vector software. The text features are also very lacking and they can lag a lot when you are trying to change between different fonts. The brush strokes are nice but there are not a lot of options to choose from. The interface is also pretty dated. With some updating they could add a more user friendly layout and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend any company to try inkscape.

I use inkscape for vector creating and editing. Inkscape has improve the speed and quality of my workflow.

Inkscape review by <span>Amy F.</span>
Amy F.

"best app to outline"

What do you like best?

Inkscape is free and its the biggest advantage of inscape over most of the vector drawing tools in the market. There are a variety of tools to choose from and you will have great control over them too. There are many tools which are designed for different purposes like editing and drawing. the interface is beautiful even thou it can be customized you can collapse a few of them to make your own workspace.i find this tool greatly in use while trying to outline images and create vectors from them. another great feature is filters, there is a huge selection of filters avaialble for your need and more can be added too. the tool is popular around the designers and many addons are avaialble tothe program to make it even better and work easily. the program is also light compared to other vector graphics programs in the market so you dont need a high end system t orun it.

What do you dislike?

there is no way to work on multiple pages with inscape and i find it really frustrating sometimes. als othere is no gradiesnt tool which is pretty handy when designing and colouring vectirs.there is no PMS colour support in this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

the tools is free, please try and find for yourself

designing and editing vector graphics.

Learning about Inkscape?

* We monitor all Inkscape reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.