InMotion Hosting

4.0

Phone, live chat or email - you choose, but they are always here to help. Also, check out thousands of helpful articles, video tutorials and message boards in our exclusive Support Center.

Work for InMotion Hosting?

Learning about InMotion Hosting?

InMotion Hosting Reviews

Ask InMotion Hosting a Question
Showing 36 InMotion Hosting reviews
InMotion Hosting review by Twin A.
Twin A.

"Powerful, Affordable, and Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

We have been working with InMotion Hosting for five years now. The Domain, Hosting, and Wordpress solutions they offer are stellar! As a business, it is important for us to have all the above services in one place. InMotion Hosting delivers this on so many fronts. First, the domain registrar process is quick and easy. Search for an available domain name, choose an affordable plan, and snag your site. Second, the hosting options are very robust with all the major applications at your fingertips, databases in a snap, and the full features of cPanel for efficient usability. Finally, the Wordpress synchronization is vital to small businesses looking for a step up from typical cookie-cutter free sites like Wix, Weebly and Squarespace. While those websites are good for tech newbies, InMotionHosting offers Wordpress in a standalone format. Beginner hosting like GoDaddy forces you to use their proprietary web interface in order to do simple Wordpress functions like installing plugins, widget, etc. With InMotionHosting, Wordpress in installed on your domain and you have free range over all its features - no middle man. Choose InMotionHosting for a one-stop shop for all your online needs!

What do you dislike?

Only one complaint with InMotionHosting. We purchase Domain Privacy from InMotionHosting to conceal ownership information to reduce solicitation and somehow individual ownership was still accessible with a simple WHOIS search. Not too happy about that. However, their support is top notch, server up-time is impeccable, and insightful industry best practices are very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get on their referral program to maximize your benefits!

All online needs from domain registration, website hosting and development, and email management taken care of all in one place. The benefits email accounts,

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting review by Ezz El Dean H.
Ezz El Dean H.

"One of best web hosting companies"

What do you like best?

The first time I register with InMotion Hosting from 2 years ago and of course I was hesitant because I didn't register with them before and I didn know any friend who had joined them so it was difficult but I finally decided to register with InMotion Hosting, in fact most thing make me happy the quick technical support, technical support staff do not leave you when they make sure that your problem has been finally resolved.

As employees are able to solve any problem they may face in a short period of time. So, I can say that the best thing about this company is the staff.

What do you dislike?

The subdomains don't work, and if you want to install a SSL certificate you can install it if you get one from InMotion Hosting and this is annoying.

And sometimes I wait a few minutes to connect with a technical support employee to help me solve my issue, but this doesn't always happen.

I don't think there is anything I didn't like otherwise in InMotion Hosting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InMotion Hosting is one of the best hosting companies, providing services for a good value of money and your site will be safe with professional staff.

The speed of loading pages is very fast, providing a SSH and give me free promotional coupons such as: Google Adwords, Yahoo Bing and Yellow pages business listing and this has helped me to improve my business.

What Web Hosting solution do you use?

InMotion Hosting review by Harpreet P.
Harpreet P.

"Small brand but a Top Web Hosting Company. "

What do you like best?

My Inmotion Likes:

- Recommended by Wordpress.org

- SSD drives - SSD is faster than normal drives

- 90 Day Guarantee - Inmotion offers a long money back guarantee in case I am not happy with the service.

- 1st year special OFF - I managed to get 50% discount in the 1st year.

Top Customer Service - 24/7/365 phone, email and live support.

What do you dislike?

My Inmotion Dislike:

- More expensive than average - Inmotion is slightly more expensive than other web hosting companies I have used before.

- USA web servers only - My website is aimed for worldwide users, but inmotion only has USA based users. Therefore users in EU and Asia will get experience slower access speed

- Basic Web builder - the builder is below par, therefore i didnt use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For faster website speeds, add web hosting servers based worldwide - in Europe, Asia. Currently, Inmotion hosting only has USA based servers.

Small Business & E-Commerce web hosting and domains. You get extra services like SSL, CDN & web marketing.

For:

Small Business

E-Commerce

Wordpress

Web Developers

InMotion Hosting review by Hope G.
Hope G.

"A Bit Expensive, But Quality Customer Service and "

What do you like best?

What I like most about InMotion is their solid customer support and the fact that they offer SSL security as part of their service cost. I have previously dealt with another hosting service provider and their level of customer service did not match up to InMotion. InMotion has superior support, which really matters when you-know-what hits the fan.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is perhaps the price. I have InMotion to be a bit expensive; however, that being said - they provide excellent customers service and offer SSL security with many of their packages. I have only been with InMotion for a year, so things are still in the honeymoon phase - but I am optimistic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After doing extensive research by going through many top-rated lists, I selected InMotion based on lots of different customers reviews from users and experts along with price vs benefits.

InMotion provides what I need for hosting services and the convenience of SSL security as part of the monthly fee. I go group hosting websites and individual websites and InMotion, overall, has reasonable packages to many different projects.

InMotion Hosting review by J Lee H.
J Lee H.

"Helpful hosting service"

What do you like best?

Support is always easy to contact and always helpful. InMotion uses cPanel, so performing web functions is familiar since I've used this at other hosting services (MacHighway and SiteGround).

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike; everything has been fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is easy to contact via phone or chat, whichever you prefer! Online help is usually pretty easy to figure out, also. We have not experienced server downtime.

I use InMotion to host our company's email accounts. I was previously doing this at MacHighway but had so many problems there that I looked for a new vendor, and chose InMotion. I've been using InMotion since 2014 and haven't had any troubles with it.

We only use InMotion for email, not for website hosting, but G2 doesn't have that option in the checkbox and forces an answer to the question, so that answer is not correct.

InMotion Hosting review by Administrator

"Reasonable Price & Best tech support"

What do you like best?

They always run new promotional offers which saves me tons.

What do you dislike?

Little bit expensive than other but still worth every penny

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been a quite satisfied client of their services.Although, one of the core reason why I chose them was for my own benefit as they provided free cPanel & WHM service, which would have saved me quite good bucks. Their billing system WHMCS is just amazing and eases up all the hefty work by replacing any other billing software. However, one of the unique features of Inmotion, unlike any other hosting firms, was that they offer WordPress services in a standalone format.One of the most attractive and convincing factors of finalizing their services was their reliability and their understanding of what we desire. They tackle each client after understanding their needs and then accordingly suggests the best possible offer and service. Customer support is one thing that has made Inmotion a brand in the field of web hosting services. Their 24*7 customer support has with their technical staff helps me to deal with any doubt or issue within few minutes .I used Their referral programs and they are really give too much for new clients i don't have big group so if you know many people then give a try to their referral programs. They are pocket-friendly and moreover can provide a solid base for the startup website too. There aren't many factors they need to improve but I encountered a problem with their domain privacy and sometime with SSL installation.But they are fast in fixing issue so never mind.

They are only providing SSD which is quite good and very responsive and fast for the transfer of files.

InMotion Hosting review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Outstanding Performance, Support, and Price"

What do you like best?

InMotion Hosting has proven to be a fantastic business partner. I run my website on one of their VPS-3000 plans. The performance is unbeatable as is the price! And the support is the best I have received from any technology company, and I need a lot of support.

What do you dislike?

The are many great things to say about InMotion Hosting, but my one criticism is that their prices, while always competitive and value-driven, do tend to fluctuate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep an eye on their specials/promos regarding pricing - it changes regularly.

InMotion Hosting allows my business to have a high-performance website for a reasonable cost.

InMotion Hosting review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"InMotion Hosting... One of the best!"

What do you like best?

I have a number of clients who use InMotion hosting as well was myself, and I just love how easy and simple it all is to use, I hate services such as 1&1 and Heart Internet as their account areas and control panels are so complicated and hard to use!

I love how InMotion use cPanel, as a server administrator I have grown to love WHM and cPanel and the fact they use this makes everything far simpler! From taking backups to transferring sites from server to server, cPanel is a huge deal when you are deciding on which hosting provider to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes support can be a little hard to get, especially when something technical needs resolving, you end up waiting several hours or over 24 hours in extreme cases to get critical issues resolved, which can be somewhat unfortunate if you have a situation which needs to be dealt with fast.

However this is not often and most of the time the support is extremely helpful and extremely quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have fantastic offers, the servers are rock solid, especially recommend VPS for those who do not need a whole lot of power, very decent services and great support is offered.

Hosting websites is a big deal when it comes to business such as eCommerce, and so having a hosting provider which can offer a stable service which is not too slow and has minimal downtime issues is optimal. This is especially critical for businesses that operate solely online and rely on the website and their emails for business to function.

InMotion Hosting review by Sara V.
Sara V.

"High quality and affordable"

What do you like best?

InMotion has been everything I expected. I researched several hosting options and compared them all. InMotion has a great product at an affordable price. They have followed through with all their promises so far.

What do you dislike?

It can seem complicated if you are not familiar with the product. I did quite a bit of research before choosing InMotion as my hosting site which helped me to understand how their product worked.

InMotion has had 100% uptime for my site so far. Quick load times as well.

InMotion Hosting review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Low-Cost Re-seller Hosting Plan"

What do you like best?

The low-cost is a great feature that I find creates a very large profit margin for my business. It easily integrates with CPanel, and the free use of WHMCS is fantastic. You can also find 24/7 support with people who are not only helpful but also extremely knowledgeable. They also have great uptime, and white-labeling makes it so my clients can always see my company's name on everything.

What do you dislike?

There are a few complaints I have about InMotion Hosting. First of all, it does not have the most professional look. The GUI of their login panel can be a bit confusing at first, and there are a lot of people in my organization that still do not understand how to use it. I would also advise them to educate their support teams more on the use of WHMCS. WHMCS does not currently have a phone support line, so this would give InMotion a huge leg-up in my opinion, and make them more credible in my eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them only if you are experienced in web hosting. If you are still new to the industry, their support staff can assist you a lot, but there is also quite a learning curve. Go with a more intuitive (although more expensive) product first, and then come to InMotion once you have an understanding of the industry.

I am currently using InMotion for their reseller features. This allows me to lease out space on their servers to my clients. They have great uptime and support features. This makes life so much easier when it comes to managing client complaints about their websites or other such features.

InMotion Hosting review by Pat M.
Pat M.

"Great Customer Support - Feature Rich"

What do you like best?

Has all the same features of GoDaddy and HostGator, but more. And when you have a question, InMotion is there to answer in a reasonable amount of time with good answers and helpful advice.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have a small business with three websites, two domains I use for email, and no internal IT support. InMotion's small business plan is perfect for me. I get support as needed, all the features I want, and it's almost as good as having a private server. Also, I know they handle lots of the IT things I would never know to even address and they keep abreast of the latest developments and issues related to website hosting, etc.

Multiple domains and websites are hosted as well as email services handled.

InMotion Hosting review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great Shared Hosting & VPS Service"

What do you like best?

One of the most attractive parts of using Inmotion Hosting are the cheap prices for their shared web hosting services.

Inmotion Hosting is very transparent and that is something you have to appreciate, not every web hosting provider will explicitly tell you what type of hardware they are running such as SSDs or regular hard drives. Other features such as state snapshots are HIGHLY appreciated and used very often if the need to backup data is ever required. It doesn't take that long either.

Their Support center is one of the reasons that you can be sure will be a STRONG benefit when deciding to sign up with them. This is especially true if you are new to web-hosting and running websites and would like some initial hand holding when it comes to setting up your web server. I personally had a few of my questions answered immediately within the hour.

One Click installs is a must have and something that I find very very valuable in today's business world where time is precious.

What do you dislike?

VPS prices although they come with more resources are more expensive than what I need, they need to offer a cheaper alternative similair to what Vultr or DigitalOcean offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great web hosting provider for people starting off and learning about how to start their own website while learning a great deal from their support center. For people looking for a cheap VPS provider this may not be what you are looking for considering that they don't offer a comparative base package.

Overall Inmotion Hosting is solid, reliable and I have not had any issues from initial setup to launching a website on either of their VPS Service and their Shared Web Hosting.

InMotion Hosting review by Abraham S.
Abraham S.

"Run-of-the-Mill Value Hosting."

What do you like best?

I liked that my client is satisfied with the cost of their hosting service and the service itself. Better than GoDaddy, which this particular client was considering. The pricing information was clear, the billing has been properly executed, and their customer service has been sufficient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the shared hosting environment, which is more a matter of me being picky about which types of hosting services I use and recommend, and less about InMotion Hosting. Please note that I have not used their other services (VPS, etc).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just because I'm picky about which hosting companies I use and recommend, doesn't necessarily mean this company won't meet your hosting needs. It is definitely a good idea to take a look, if price is of the utmost concern to you.

My client has found decent shared hosting service which meets their needs. They had significant budgetary constraints, so we wound up using InMotion Hosting's shared hosting service after some shopping around. Furthermore, this particular client's website required very little server resources whatsoever.

InMotion Hosting review by Anatoly R.
Anatoly R.

"Proud customer of InMotion Hosting"

What do you like best?

Strong uptime. Any issues I've had were quickly resolved by their support teams.Cheap, well documented.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that you need access inMotion Hosting panel before access WHM and Cpanel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a web designer, I've worked with more hosts than I can name and believe me, they all have their quirks but InMotion Hosting has been my favorite so far.

I can keep all my websites in one place. No more afwull overseas support.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Non Reliable Hosting and Horrible Support System"

What do you like best?

I don't like the hosting. In the last 10 years, this is one of the worst hosting I tried as a web developer.

What do you dislike?

They don't offer a ticket system, so you have to call and waste time everytime you need something. Or send email that they take an average 2 days to answer.

Besides that, during maintenance, they lost my database 2 times last year, with no back-up. So I lost my customer database because they lost the production copy and also my backups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to 2 days average support answer time and do your external back-ups. Do not rely on them.

None, choose any other hosting for you or your client.

InMotion Hosting review by Sazzad Hossain S.
Sazzad Hossain S.

"I love their web hosting facility with money back guarantee..."

What do you like best?

inMotion giving 90 days money back guarantee which quite good for newbie webmasters/ hosting users. Sometimes people's worried about their money as like i do... I don't want to spend my money for draining web hosting facility.

They have every facilities what should have to be with cPanel based web hosting. Although they are providing free domain name with hosting which is very good for users.

Their speed is reliable and supports shell access which i love very much. Also giving free data backup facilities.

What do you dislike?

Their LAUNCH hosting packages has limited availability. Only supports 2 domain names in hosting panel with 2 databases.

Disk space saying unlimited but they have limitation also so, this is unfair to tell people that they are providing UNLIMITED disk space. Also their bandwidth facilities are limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are newbie in web hosting / web business, they are the good company as well. Their supports are also good. Website speed and functionalities are good. You will get every functions in cPanel based server.

Mostly usage for e-commerce based companies and they supports wordpress hosting as well for wordpress based ecommerce based websites.

InMotion Hosting review by Shoshana M.
Shoshana M.

"InMotion Hosting "

What do you like best?

I like that technical support is available 24/7.

What do you dislike?

They are in the process of getting rid of a product which may be an integral part of my website structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a whole, I've been very happy with InMotion Hosting. I love that tech support is available by phone and is 24/7.

Figuring out how to work around a product that I've been using for years. Regarding benefits, having phone tech support 24/7 is a big plus.

InMotion Hosting review by Jorge P.
Jorge P.

"Great deal!"

What do you like best?

It offers a good cost-benefit relation. Support is good, fast and reliable.

What do you dislike?

The SSH connection is cumbersome to set up

Recommendations to others considering the product

The user interface is very friendly and the sign-up process is clear. Besides, the support team is always ready to help you with any inconvenience, doubts or needs that you may have.

It may have some minor issues regarding SSH configuration, but that is just a little rock in case you're a super user that require this feature. Good thing, it has the feature, the downsize is that at first glace it's not that easy to set up.

InMotion Hosting review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Finally a first rate service"

What do you like best?

These guys answer the phone.. they assist and they know what they are talking about.

What do you dislike?

GUI is clunky, for the amount of options it is probably the best they can do but it is not as slick as godaddy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have tried a few others you will soon realize this is the best service out there for the price.

They offer great prices, fast servers and not a bunch of hidden prices.

InMotion Hosting review by David C.
David C.

"Great customer support and solid hosting solutions"

What do you like best?

Customer Support team is the best I have ever experienced. Always available and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Not much... on occation updates or down-time but you must deal with that with any hosting company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great pricing and better support makes InMotion Hosting a great solution for Web Designers and their clients.

Hosting our client websites and reliable support systems when problems arise. Peace of mind from a 99.9 uptime.

InMotion Hosting review by Erwin M.
Erwin M.

"Great hosting company"

What do you like best?

I like that the Customer Service team responds quickly on the phone and I do not get the run around. They patiently walk me through problems and gets to the bottom of technical issues.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the number of addon domains an account has. My organization does a lot of work with Spanish-speaking communities requiring us to purchase Spanish domains that will point to the same English website.

We are providing social services to all people living in San Diego, and InMotion gives us the flexibility and a straightforward interface to do so. InMotion solves problems quickly and efficiently, so that we can continue to provide the best service to our constituents.

InMotion Hosting review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Decent Hosting Service/General Email usage"

What do you like best?

Simple UI for website services. I like them b/c it doesn't have old looking UI like Godaddy services do.

What do you dislike?

Limited capability in terms of connecting to other services. They don't have the new functions like Gmails do. Simple service but do need some sophistication for their webmail service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple service for small business owner who doesn't need too much services.

We use the service to provide both email and our website hosting. Simple and straightforward service.

InMotion Hosting review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Innovation hosting user experience "

What do you like best?

I like that I can connect my work email to my personal email and create a personalized email address.

What do you dislike?

This software often freezes. It also doesn't let you change the font or color in your emails. It's very standard and not very visually appealing.

I am able to set up a buisness email with this hosting. This lets me keep my buisness clients separate from my personal contacts.

InMotion Hosting review by Administrator

"Great VPS Webhosting"

What do you like best?

We use the VPS hosting offered by in motion. Relatively inexpensive and still a huge upgrade from any shared hosting plan

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you only get a limited amount of support with the plan.

We host our main website and have gained faster response times since switching from shared hosting.

InMotion Hosting review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"InMotion has been easy to implement and use. "

What do you like best?

We set it once and now we don't have to worry about it. We haven't had any issues with it at all.

What do you dislike?

To this point, there has been nothing to dislike about our experience.

Inmotion helps us build a beautiful brand experience for all visitors of our website.

InMotion Hosting review by Clayton D.
Clayton D.

"good small business hosting platform"

What do you like best?

Like the hosting options, integration with popular software, ease of use, server speed

What do you dislike?

A little difficult to get started with hosting panel. Also, lots of log-ins, but that means good security

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great account management features

Want to expand firm's online presence

Administrator in Real Estate

"Awesome hosting company for non-techies"

What do you like best?

Very easy for non-techies to navigate their system

Great support team to help install products and resolve issues.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - they are awesome. I own a real estate company, so my needs are not as demanding as others. That said, whenever I have a question, their support always comes through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend trying them out.

Hosting

Virtual Private Servers

Domain purchasing

InMotion Hosting review by Charlie H.
Charlie H.

"Transparent to us, issues are rare and resolved in timely matter."

What do you like best?

It just works, and does not get in the way of our business Invisible to us..

What do you dislike?

Whenever website becomes inaccessible, but that rarely occurs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For simple web site implementations it does not add any unnecessary complexity.

InMotion Hosting review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Nothing too fancy, but competitive pricing and customer service make a difference."

What do you like best?

I liked the touch of getting a follow-up phone call during our migration process. Pricing is competitive and the services are comparable in performance, too.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that really grabs you about the interface and most things appear on par compared to other services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InMotion Hosting is a great option if you are looking for shared hosting with a little bit more to offer than some of the other larger players.

Moving from another shared hosting provider was a must and the features and incentives could not be beat within the landscape. More frequent data backups and enhance customer support are additional benefits.

InMotion Hosting review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Never a problem"

What do you like best?

Very easy to get tech support on the phone, and they are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I have sent numerous clients to them, and I've never heard a bad word.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. Any hosting company is open to attack, but it's how they handle it that matters

My site has never been down, and they have a great affiliate program.

InMotion Hosting review by Denise M.
Denise M.

"InMotion Hosting is great"

What do you like best?

Customer service. Very responsive, very, very patience! Knowledgeable, fast and again patience!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Every interaction has been great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I recommend!

"Changing hosts"

What do you like best?

The support during changeover was super. Chat was especially helpful. We didn't lose any significant time in production (our live site)

What do you dislike?

Not anything I can think of. Funny you want more for dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have recommended it a number of times already

Moved away from a host whose service disintegrated over time. Their equipment sucked.

InMotion Hosting review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"No Significant Negatives"

What do you like best?

The prices is definitely the best part. There's also a lot of the standard features that you expect from web hosting. I didn't need anything fancy so it came down to price for me.

What do you dislike?

The user interface for the admin panel is pretty awful. Somewhat hard to find things, but at least the customer service was good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go with this if you dont care about fancy features and just want a cheap hosting solution

It's just a commodity web hosting product. Nothing fancy.

InMotion Hosting review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Fast Service and Good Technical support"

What do you like best?

Its Technical support. The customer support is fast and don't have a long queue for resolving tickets.

What do you dislike?

They sometimes charge for the service in spite of having a yearly contract.

We are using it for managed hosting. So far no problems have been encountered.

InMotion Hosting review by Austin T.
Austin T.

"Top of the line hosting provider, speed and support are unmatched"

What do you like best?

The customer support is unmatched. 24/7 phone, chats, email

What do you dislike?

Cron Job panel is weird. They could do a better job of showing you how to setup valid jobs.

Speed and Stability of Client sites

InMotion Hosting review by Tamer I.
Tamer I.

"Nice host"

What do you like best?

Support 7/24.

Easy to Use.

secure service.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they didn't solve my host or WordPress problems.

problems of my blogs and websites.

Learning about InMotion Hosting?

* We monitor all InMotion Hosting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.