inMotion

inMotion is a workflow automation solution for enterprise creative teams, combining project management with creative brief management and online proofing.

Work for inMotion?

Learning about inMotion?

inMotion Reviews

Ask inMotion a Question
Showing 14 inMotion reviews
inMotion review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="be663294-55be-4d84-abb2-8bcd65ca0ed6">Angel G.</span>
Angel G.
" itemprop="name" />

"inMotion review"

What do you like best?

It's extremely user-friendly! It has a very nice, clean, and simple interface. It's browser-based so there is no software to install. And it has a mobile app, so you can use it anytime or anywhere!

What do you dislike?

Some of the account settings are a little confusing to set up, but the training and customer support has been great. I haven't used the reporting feature much, but it doesn't seem to provide what I was looking for, such as how many jobs have been submitted, how many have been completed, which reviewers are behind on proofing, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user-friendly. Excellent customer support. Easy to use and navigate, even for non tech savvy folks.

Project management, creative workflow management, and online proofing. Anyone can use it. It also integrates with third-party software such as digital asset management solutions, so your final files are automatically synced and ready for others to view and/or download.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about inMotion
inMotion review by Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.

"Used to manage projects coming from different teams. "

What do you like best?

I like being able to filter projects by a variety of ways. I usually go to My Tasks and sort by deadline to know what is next on my list to complete. I can also see what other people on my team are working on as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to download files that other people have submitted to that particular project. I wish I could just preview them in some way before deciding to download. For example, sometimes a terrible logo is uploaded and if I knew what it looked like, I would be better off google another option instead of wasting time to download and open. Or if a document is attached, sometimes the same content is described in the project ticket, so it's redundant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to manage projects and keep all of the information in one place. You can upload files to that project ticket so it will always stay in the same place and you can archive the project as well.

Being able to manage a variety of projects without cluttering up email and doing so in a pretty efficient way with so many projects from different owners going on at the same time.

What Project Management solution do you use?

inMotion review by User in Higher Education

"Project management tool for a Communications and Marketing team"

What do you like best?

I really like being able to task a project from the templates feature. It allows me to auto-populate dates for multiple piece projects based on a final deadline. It also allows me to filter jobs based on task that are assigned to me and sort the task from many different jobs based on the deadline.

What do you dislike?

The reporting feature could use some work. I would like to be able to view productivity/task completed and the time frame they were completed in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for an easier workflow.

It creates a great workflow to traffic, create and review projects from beginning to end. The reporting is also a great feature.

inMotion review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Great creative project management tool!"

What do you like best?

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was impressed with how well it worked on the creative request and project management side. We found that the tool was definitely built with an eye for creative teams, more so than Basecamp and Office (which we'd been using prior to inMotion).

I also love the customer service group. They are truly terrific to work with. Our entire team found inMotion to be incredibly helpful getting us started and working with us as we needed them to get questions answered. These guys speak the creative language.

What do you dislike?

If you find that you want or need a really complex project management for all departments and not just creative, this tool might not be for you. When we brought on Basecamp, we were looking for a company-wide solution. But for our team, we wanted something that was built for our marketing team that was easy to adopt (and that we'd keep using). Some of the other departments are staying on Basecamp since it better meets their PM needs.

Our biggest challenges were around timing and quality. We just had too many projects moving at once. We explored hiring a traffic manager but opted to go with a better system instead. We looked at a number of other solutions and ultimately chose inMotion. We've been really happy with it's ability to get us more productive.

inMotion review by User

"Newsletter and other Marketing pieces"

What do you like best?

It moves quickly and I am able to navigate quickly. I also like that we are able to work on the project at the same time.

What do you dislike?

There arent really any issues with the product. I however would like it if our team would move quicker and stay on the deadline calendar better.

We use it to send all of our marketing pieces to our creative team to begin work on them.I love using it to work with our other team members helping them decide what we can and cant make work on our newsletter.

inMotion review by G2 Crowd User in Entertainment
G2 Crowd User in Entertainment

"Mediocre Solution"

What do you like best?

inMotion makes reviewing proofs much easier than our previous solution, especially when there are multiple reviewers. certain workflows are much easier as well.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the view in Proof Workspace is not automatically only the user's proofs, instead you have to sort to find your proofs. It is also cumbersome for the person uploading a proof to have to go back and select the person who will be proofing and add them back to the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how each individual user will be using the software, there are certain functions that make different departments jobs more difficult.

We were using two separate software systems before. One to create and manage projects, and the other to review projects. The two software systems did not communication with each other and were very clunky to use. inMotion does create an easier workflow, even though some of the processes are not ideal.

inMotion review by User

"Inmotion Review"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to have multiple people review documents for approval from one source.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I had an issue with but then figured it out was how to run a project through the review process again after it had been approved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it some time and you will realize how great a project management tool it is.

Before inMotion there were so many back and forth emails that it was easy to forget things. But, with inmotion that doesn't happen.

inMotion review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Good for teams, hard to use across departments"

What do you like best?

Push email notifications help keep me aware from projects I'm assigned. This is a good tool for use in a small group or team to stay on top of projects and task. Good for reviewing work, creative projects, and deliverables.

What do you dislike?

The process of marking tasks as completed or in progress is clunky. It's hard to use o

Across departments that don't have daily face time or easily open channels of communication.

Having a structure & process for requesting projects/tasks gives both parties accountability.

inMotion review by G2 Crowd User in Writing and Editing
G2 Crowd User in Writing and Editing

"InMotion combines the convenience of "off the shelf" with the advantages of customized tools."

What do you like best?

InMotion is a very robust work flow tool that has many advantages over similar products, like the proofing portal that allows for editing, even on video and audio files, but the benefit that sets them far and above the competition is their customer service. They worked with us, and continue to do so, to customize the tools provided in the system to our individual needs. And walked us through the process from partnering with an Access Management System vendor, to training our users, and continuously using our feedback to enhance their product. You just can't put a price tag on that kind of personalized service.

What do you dislike?

The administrative side of the product is cumbersome and requires a lot of time and attention on the front end by the account team. Once the job flow templates have been created, it is quicker and less complex, but it does require a dedicated person or team to handle the upfront work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a thorough needs assessment and have a detailed statement of work prepared so you know what you need before you implement a new system.

Streamlining the approval process was our number one problem. The online proofing and approval portal really helped shave time off of that process and the ability to have an over-ride manager responsible for determining the FINAL feedback prior to it going to creatives is a key advantage.

inMotion review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"inMotion used for Email/Web Domain"

What do you like best?

If we ever have questions or need help with troubleshooting, they have video tutorials of how to do everything. They also have the word instructions, for those that are able to understand that better. It saves time on having to get on the phone or email the customer service department.

What do you dislike?

At times their instructions can be above the head of a normal laymen. They use jargon that I have to google, which is fine. It just makes me feel like I'm not that tech savvy, which I may not be.

We use it for our web domain and for our emails. It has worked well for our small company of 5-10.

inMotion review by User in Financial Services

"Great product for our office"

What do you like best?

That I can review all my associates emails in one easy to use online place. The format I can view everything in and the was the attachments can be viewed (in the Horde view) makes my job a lot simpler.

What do you dislike?

What I use InMotion for I have no complaints.

As a small Mortgage Broker office we sometimes have more then 1 person working on a loan and with the InMotion online forum I can access all my coworkers and bosses emails making all our jobs easier because I am not disturbing their work to ask about emails or documents.

inMotion review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"inMotion has been a valuable tool."

What do you like best?

I like that inMotion is consistently getting better. They make changes that create a better workflow for the user.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the interface. The look of the program is a little dated, but that doesn't affect it's usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure that you need it. We have a small outfit, so it may be too much for our team.

We are solving problems with project process tracking and assigning project. Now, we know exactly where a project is in the design process. Also, we are gaining a better understanding of how much time it takes to complete projects.

inMotion review by James A.
James A.

"InMotion review"

What do you like best?

Fantastic customer service, robust and versatile app, new features you can actually use.

What do you dislike?

Outdated UI (being fixed currently with new review workspace, rest of app to follow).

Request management, project/resource allocation and management, digital assets, and customer reviews. Having this all in one place is probably the biggest benefit for our team.

inMotion review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Really painful software to use. "

What do you like best?

That I can track my jobs and see where they are in the process of reviewing.

What do you dislike?

It's slow, it breaks often, uploading to the cloud takes forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better options out there.

Job tracking. Digital job tracking is a positive, but we need a better tool than this. Leaves a lot to be desired.

Learning about inMotion?

* We monitor all inMotion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.