inMotion

inMotion is a workflow automation solution for enterprise creative teams, combining project management with creative brief management and online proofing.

Work for inMotion?
Keyedinprojects userreview  2x

Learning about inMotion?

inMotion Reviews

Showing 14 inMotion reviews
inMotion review by <span>Angel G.</span>
Angel G.

inMotion review

What do you like best?

It's extremely user-friendly! It has a very nice, clean, and simple interface. It's browser-based so there is no software to install. And it has a mobile app, so you can use it anytime or anywhere!

What do you dislike?

Some of the account settings are a little confusing to set up, but the training and customer support has been great. I haven't used the reporting feature much, but it doesn't seem to provide what I was looking for, such as how many jobs have been submitted, how many have been completed, which reviewers are behind on proofing, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user-friendly. Excellent customer support. Easy to use and navigate, even for non tech savvy folks.

Project management, creative workflow management, and online proofing. Anyone can use it. It also integrates with third-party software such as digital asset management solutions, so your final files are automatically synced and ready for others to view and/or download.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about inMotion
inMotion review by <span>Jennifer J.</span>
Jennifer J.

Used to manage projects coming from different teams.

What do you like best?

I like being able to filter projects by a variety of ways. I usually go to My Tasks and sort by deadline to know what is next on my list to complete. I can also see what other people on my team are working on as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to download files that other people have submitted to that particular project. I wish I could just preview them in some way before deciding to download. For example, sometimes a terrible logo is uploaded and if I knew what it looked like, I would be better off google another option instead of wasting time to download and open. Or if a document is attached, sometimes the same content is described in the project ticket, so it's redundant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to manage projects and keep all of the information in one place. You can upload files to that project ticket so it will always stay in the same place and you can archive the project as well.

Being able to manage a variety of projects without cluttering up email and doing so in a pretty efficient way with so many projects from different owners going on at the same time.

What Project Management solution do you use?

inMotion review by User in Higher Education

Project management tool for a Communications and Marketing team

What do you like best?

I really like being able to task a project from the templates feature. It allows me to auto-populate dates for multiple piece projects based on a final deadline. It also allows me to filter jobs based on task that are assigned to me and sort the task from many different jobs based on the deadline.

What do you dislike?

The reporting feature could use some work. I would like to be able to view productivity/task completed and the time frame they were completed in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for an easier workflow.

It creates a great workflow to traffic, create and review projects from beginning to end. The reporting is also a great feature.

inMotion review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

Great creative project management tool!

What do you like best?

I first started using used inMotion a few years back as a content reviewer and absolutely loved how much easier it made the entire review process. There was really no learning curve for our team and it helped take care of the communication and collaboration gaps we were having. When it came time at my current company to look for a solution, I got a chance to get deeper into the application and was impressed with how well it worked on the creative request and project management side. We found that the tool was definitely built with an eye for creative teams, more so than Basecamp and Office (which we'd been using prior to inMotion).

I also love the customer service group. They are truly terrific to work with. Our entire team found inMotion to be incredibly helpful getting us started and working with us as we needed them to get questions answered. These guys speak the creative language.

What do you dislike?

If you find that you want or need a really complex project management for all departments and not just creative, this tool might not be for you. When we brought on Basecamp, we were looking for a company-wide solution. But for our team, we wanted something that was built for our marketing team that was easy to adopt (and that we'd keep using). Some of the other departments are staying on Basecamp since it better meets their PM needs.

Our biggest challenges were around timing and quality. We just had too many projects moving at once. We explored hiring a traffic manager but opted to go with a better system instead. We looked at a number of other solutions and ultimately chose inMotion. We've been really happy with it's ability to get us more productive.

inMotion review by User

Newsletter and other Marketing pieces

What do you like best?

It moves quickly and I am able to navigate quickly. I also like that we are able to work on the project at the same time.

What do you dislike?

There arent really any issues with the product. I however would like it if our team would move quicker and stay on the deadline calendar better.

We use it to send all of our marketing pieces to our creative team to begin work on them.I love using it to work with our other team members helping them decide what we can and cant make work on our newsletter.

inMotion review by G2 Crowd User in Entertainment
G2 Crowd User in Entertainment

Mediocre Solution

What do you like best?

inMotion makes reviewing proofs much easier than our previous solution, especially when there are multiple reviewers. certain workflows are much easier as well.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the view in Proof Workspace is not automatically only the user's proofs, instead you have to sort to find your proofs. It is also cumbersome for the person uploading a proof to have to go back and select the person who will be proofing and add them back to the job.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how each individual user will be using the software, there are certain functions that make different departments jobs more difficult.

We were using two separate software systems before. One to create and manage projects, and the other to review projects. The two software systems did not communication with each other and were very clunky to use. inMotion does create an easier workflow, even though some of the processes are not ideal.

Learning about inMotion?

* We monitor all inMotion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.