InsideView

InsideView gathers real time, social and business sales intelligence from more sources than any competitor, by far, and delivers it right into your sales rep's desktops and mobile devices - online or inside your CRM.

Work for InsideView?

Learning about InsideView?

InsideView Reviews

Showing 434 InsideView reviews
InsideView review by Samantha L.
Samantha L.

"Ok tool - better ones available"

What do you like best?

We use their tools Enterprise and Target. Once you get the data into your CRM (which is a process) we have had decent success with converting them from cold leads to warm leads to opportunities. The SFDC Tile is really nice that lays within SFDC.

What do you dislike?

This tool is NOT a direct integration to SFDC, especially for Target. if you do not use leads as your leading record (we use contacts then convert to leads then to opps) mass adding lists is very cumbersome and time consuming. As of today, you have to export the list and data to an excel file and do a manual v lookup function to de-dupe the data. When we were sold the tool they told us it was directly integrated - It is NOT for contacts.

As with any data cleaning tool, they have a lot of wrong data points: email, account name, website, etc. If you are able to clean past that, they are good contacts and we have had success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We evaluated Zoom Info, Discover Org, and InsideView - If I could go back, I would purchase Zoom Info

Growing our CRM and finding warm leads which turn into opportunities

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InsideView
InsideView review by Nick K.
Nick K.

"Sounds Great in Theory, Hard to Adopt"

What do you like best?

InsideView has a list of contacts for most companies which you can import into your CRM. It collects a lot of articles from around the web so you have data on most of your large accounts which you would be prospecting into.

What do you dislike?

There are many things about IV which I dislike. Some of these include the fact that it is tough to adopt. The insights and articles which it generates aren't very relevant. It's tough to find content to actually use.

Another thing is that you can't bulk export leads into your CRM such as SF.

Also, very little direct phone numbers for the contacts which are in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering InsideView I'd make sure that your users are actually going to adopt the system and use the insights to help them sell. IV is more expensive than most other platforms. It's not a tool to be used to find new prospects, especially if you need direct dials.

We wanted to find new articles and insights to use as reasons to engage with prospects. This sounds great in theory but it hasn't been adopted well as most of the insights aren't relevant.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

InsideView review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Provides lot of companies, but the data they provide for contacts/individuals seems lacking and date"

What do you like best?

The search feature is what I like best about the tool. It allows you to find companies based on certain criteria such as industry, size, and location, making it easier to find potential prospects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the data they give for the contact/individual. They tend to lack emails, proper phone numbers, and many of the contacts they provide seem to no longer work for the company they are listed at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They can give you large lists of companies that you want to target, but if the data, phone numbers, emails, and contacts are all old and dated, you have to do secondary research using things like LinkedIn to find accurate/current employees.

They provide large lists of companies that meet our specific target market without having to spend large amounts of time to research them.

InsideView review by Diana D.
Diana D.

"InsideView is AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature in InsideView is the Social Insights. You can find quick news updates under the Overview tab, or dig a little deeper under Insights. Having recent news articles and social media updates all in one place is very convenient when it comes to sales!

What do you dislike?

So far, I have not come across anything to dislike in InsideView. And that's saying something! :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend InsideView to anyone in business development. I have been doing business development in a few different industries for about 8 years - this tool is a differentiator to success for sure! I've already mentioned it to a few co-workers from my past and raved about the amount of knowledge available at your fingertips! It really helps cut down on time spent on company research.

The number one business problem I am solving with InsideView is cutting down on company research time before making a strategic sales call. There is so much information within InsideView! The biggest benefit I have experienced is having social updates from multiple social media platforms all in one place. Having recent news, blogs, Twitter, and Facebook updates really makes it easy to tailor my call to the person on the other end. For example: if they are a big Twitter user, I'll reference a recent tweet. For more professional calls, I will mention recent blogs or news articles. It really helps build rapport and develop lasting business relationships.

InsideView review by Todd A.
Todd A.

"Great for getting names, data points need updating"

What do you like best?

Insideview is wonderful for finding accounts and their integration with salesforce is super helpful. It sits in SalesForce and from there you are able to search for more contacts, update account, see news & insights, etc. Additionally, you can go outside of SalesForce to InsideView to prospect for more accounts.

What do you dislike?

There is no such thing as perfect data, which we understand, but InsideView often has people that are no longer with company, wrong email, wrong phone number, etc. The accounts themselves are great but I typically struggle with their accuracy of contacts and have to use other sources like Sales Navigator to verify contact info.

Lead generation, I am able to prospect through InsideView for new accounts and also search for new contacts for existing accounts.

InsideView review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"An Excellent Sales Tool for Research and Prospecting"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to access the information. Whether it be researching a prospect or finding the right person to call. Being integrated with Salesforce helps. A couple of clicks and the contact is added to Salesforce. I find the information to be up to date

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more contacts per company. Not over the top, like LInkedIn, but more manager/director level. Other than that I find it to be user friendly. Sometimes you get bad/outdated information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, ease of use, accurate information and integration. Used data.com and it was outdated.

Determining whether or not a prospect is worth reaching out to. Who the correct contact to reach out to. News I can use as market intelligence when I speak to them. It has been beneficial in turning prospects into client.

InsideView review by Roger M.
Roger M.

"Great Palce to find market intelligence"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface with more valuable date. we can sign in for free and later we can upgrade to premium if needed.It provide the revenue and headquarter detail and cover almost all the companies.

For the premium we can find the right contacts to with there Mailid, Linkedin link and direct Phone no.

We can find the triggers for particular company to crack the deal

What do you dislike?

Need to provide details of the contact for free version, so we can see how accurate the date is present

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try the free version and it is simple to Signup and later check if you needed premium version.

Must try Insideview

We are using to find out companies out of specific region and find the revenue.

InsideView review by Tara L.
Tara L.

"Excellent source for prospecting and profiling customers for sales"

What do you like best?

I have used InsideView at multiple jobs and I almost always find the information to be accurate and up to date. I have also used tools offered by competitors and found it frustrating that there was little to no information when researching smaller companies, even those that had plenty of information accessible on their websites. I especially appreciate that InsideView is tightly integrated with Salesforce.com and this makes it incredibly easy to add or update new accounts.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any major difficulties, although I admit I really don't use the reporting feature in my current role. In the past (5 years ago) I seem to remember some limitations with reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to also mention that on one occasion I did have a problem with InsideView, so I reached out to their support team. The representative was VERY diligent and followed up with me several times to ensure that I got what I needed. It turned out the problem was related to Salesforce settings, not InsideView, but I really appreciated the great follow up.

As a sales professional, I do not want to spend my time researching basic facts about a prospective new customer, such as geographic location, number of employees, contacts, business insights, etc. InsideView does all that for me, enabling me to focus on higher-value activities.

InsideView review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Great tool for lead generation"

What do you like best?

I use InsideView to develop targeted lists of contacts to run email campaigns against. The ability to export contacts to a CSV formatted file is a huge time-saver when it comes to importing into a marketing automation tool.

What do you dislike?

For the most part there isn't anything I dislike. If I had to ask for an improvement it would be in the number of companies they track. There have been times where the company I'm looking for details on isn't in their database. Fortunately the team at InsideView are quick to add them which puts me back on track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run large email campaigns in North America, this is a great tool to develop your contact lists.

Primarily using InsideView for contact database building for lead generation. It's an easy to use application for finding people to market to.

InsideView review by Administrator

"Bad Experience with Insideview"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use and find leads in certain industries.

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of emails, and the ones that are in there are not that accurate. Also terrible customer service experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your research first and see what other options are available and how they compare. If you want to get viable emails from this platform, keep in mind my review.

We went into signing on with Insideview to help prospect and fill in missing information on our current leads. However, using Insideview has failed to help with both. Only 55-60% of the contact profiles in InsideView will have emails listed. And for those listed, many of those have come back inaccurate. When we spoke with customer service and other departments at the company, they didn't provide much help, just tired to cover up and tell us other solutions to how quickly emails can go bad. We will definitely be looking for a better vendor next time around and would never recommend to use them again.

InsideView review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"If you are in sales, this is the site to go to!"

What do you like best?

I recommend Insideview all the time to all my sales department co-workers, its great tool to find out the latest information about prospect and actual clients, even when I am using the free version, its very helpful.

If I had the budget to upgrade, I would definitely will.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes dont find the info im looking for, but thats very much likely because the searched company is not sharing that info and not insidesview fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, its free!

What I solve is: Updating my companies CRM, by getting actual and accurate info from prospect and actual clients, so that the marketing team can start working on their campaings and advertisement.

InsideView review by Sinduja V.
Sinduja V.

"Must use website for sales executives on daily basis"

What do you like best?

I am very much impressed with the data you provide about my prospects. It really helps in my conversations with my clients and they feel very happy, they are talking to someone who knows enough about them. My success as a sales executive increased exponentially in the long run after I start using your connections feature. My boss says I have a niche to close deals. But internally its just me using your connections.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific that I don't like about Insideview. News classification can be improved but that applies to every other product out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who depend only on contacts of people to close deals, this is an eye opener. It impacts your long-term success in your sales career

Increased connections across a diverse set of companies.

Increased chances of closing deals for my company.

InsideView review by Emerald D.
Emerald D.

"Inside View"

What do you like best?

The ability to see all information about different companies that I am targeting is amazing! The zip code specification really helps when looking at my target list and different companies I can reach out to!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not enjoy about InsideView. I think it is a good investment for salespeople!

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT MORE OFTEN!

InsideView helps to solve the problem of finding eligible businesses around my target areas. The most beneficial aspect, in my opinion, that I've realized is that I can sort businesses by their zip code as well as company size. This is important in my company because I have a certain amount of zip codes I can reach out to with ideal company sizes- which is simplified through InsideView.

InsideView review by Patricia S.
Patricia S.

"Trusted Resource"

What do you like best?

Takes only a few seconds to find the company information I need. Also really easy to see parent and subsidiary companies. Can look by website, which saves time when researching companies with common words in their name. Been using this for more than 10 years and it is very dependable.

What do you dislike?

Not as much contact data for employees as I would like. Sometimes there is no company description, or other information missing. Not sure about the revenue data, compared with other databases I use it tends to be low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new version looks really great.

Basic company research and identification. Quick and easy to make sure you have the proper legal name, address and phone.

InsideView review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"Inside View Power User"

What do you like best?

Trending information is so very helpful. I like being able to set up watchlists for customers and prospects and have that information pushed to me. It's also great to be able to see who the primary competitors are for my customers. I also like that it is accessible from within MS Dynamics 365 and a limited subscription is included in every CRM license.

What do you dislike?

Through no fault of InsideView's there aren't always email addresses available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsideView is extremely helpful in list building and target marketing. Our sales and marketing departments use it every day, without fail. When I show people the depth of knowledge they receive from the information provided by InsideView they are impressed.

InsideView gives me up-to-date information on my customers and prospects. It saves me from leaving CRM to go searching for relevant topics. In the age of the educated buyer, it helps me stay abreast of industry and business changes.

InsideView review by Administrator

"have been using InsideView for years and love"

What do you like best?

The interface is incredibly easy to use. For each company, they include comprehensive contact information with position and other info. They also include links to articles about the company. For the specific employee, they also often list past employment if available, which can be useful. It's truly the best contact system I've used.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while, the contact info is old. They provide an easy way to notify them of old info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend InsideView to anyone who needs valuable contact information and details.

We use InsideView to locate the correct people to contact, as well as to glean deeper info about the company in general. InsideView provides links to articles and other information that proves useful.

The interface is very user friendly, so any novice can find what they need.

InsideView review by John B. K.
John B. K.

"Excellent Research Tool For Sales Prospecting"

What do you like best?

InsideView is a great tool for sales prospecting.It contains company descriptions, revenue and number of employees, and includes phone numbers and names of employees by function. It is easily searchable and many employee email addresses are available.

What do you dislike?

Some companies have very little usable information available and/or no contact names listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try InsideView if you need a way to find the right party contact in an organization by job function and be able to reach them by phone or email. It's a great tool for this purpose and has high quality information and many email addresses available.

We need to be able to find the right party contact to approach for sales prospecting and have a way to reach them by phone and preferably by email. InsideView has been a great help in allowing us to do this.

InsideView review by Cynthia R.
Cynthia R.

"Inside View recommendation"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Inside View is the company information. When I am looking for company info I look it up on Inside VIew

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that it does not provide direct dials for the contacts. Also, the contact info is not always the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Inside View for a tool, it is great for researching both companies and contacts but it does better with company information than contact information. You get an overview, news, buzz etc, about the company and as far as the contacts go, they are there but not always the best and so I do rely on a completely different tool for my contact info.

Again, when searching for company info like revenue and such, the tool I use is Inside View. I do compare it to 10K reports and things like that and it is pretty valid most of the time so they do well with the company information. I am able to learn about new accounts quickly with this tool which is detrimental to my every day tasks.

InsideView review by Jeannine S.
Jeannine S.

"Using InsideView for sales activities"

What do you like best?

The feature I use the most is the Watchlist and the daily emails. This feature gives me very timely information on my existing customers, new prospects, and their decision makers. It keeps me up to date on their activities, stock information, speaking engagements, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are no features in InsideView that have not brought me value. I have nothing that I dislike after using it for approximately 2 years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the solution in a web browser, not through SalesForce. I find it easy to use, and they have rigorous standards for passwords, so I feel my data and usage is safe and protected.

In addition to realtime news on my clients and prospects, I often use the feature where we have uploaded our contacts, and I can find colleagues at my company who may have a stronger relationship than I do, to assist in my activities, or to provide a warm introduction.

InsideView review by Executive Sponsor in Dairy
Executive Sponsor in Dairy

"Manage Sales Operations and Inside Sales"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and tight integration with Salesforce. Can view records of a contact while in Salesforce and easily export contacts.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to load a list of company names in to InsideView and pull contacts from that list based on titles. Right now, that requires using InsideView professional services to do this work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an very valuable tool for most any organization. It's easy to use and provides me with the source of truth when it comes to information about our target companies.

We have a small database in Salesforce and are focused on building up or database with qualified names, we're also moving to Account Based Marketing, which means the Smart Agents are helpful.

We're able to find contact information for prospects much easier now.

InsideView review by Shreyans P.
Shreyans P.

"InsideView is the best-in-class targeting, marketing and sales intelligence platform"

What do you like best?

InsideView's research platform for marketing, sales prospects, and intelligence needed for meetings with prospective clients is highly useful. InsideView integrates well within Salesforce and allows you to import data directly into the Salesforce CRM.

What do you dislike?

InsideView does not have direct dial functionality to contacts stored in Salesforce, so the only way to communicate is to either email the lead or call the company directly. It would also be more helpful to have the work history and positions of the candidates within InsideView.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsideView provides the right targeted and informed intelligence and delivers this data directly into Salesforce and your CRM.

InsideView provides me with reliable and timely information on my customers and prospects. It provides me with the ability to search for relevant topics, without needing to leave Salesforce at all. InsideView also allows me to stay well informed and equipped, amidst industry and business changes daily.

InsideView review by Don B.
Don B.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I love the amount of Info this software provides while looking up a prospect or company.

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now.

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be happy with Insideview. do it.

Don Baker, Utah

Document / Information Management Expert (ECM)

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert (DMS)

Lacking info regarding prospects until I found Insideview.

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert

InsideView review by Lauren L.
Lauren L.

"Been very helpful in finding contact information"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to get the format of email addresses for employees at prospect clients. Even if the exact person isn't listed, I can figure it out based on other information listed.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could be more robust and have all of the information filled out. I understand it's difficult to find online but continually adding to the information would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful for compiling information on a business all on one page, that might usually take several searches to find.

I use it to find the organizational structure of a company I'm researching and if they list contact information, I use it to reach out to prospects.

InsideView review by John F.
John F.

"Create your own Lead List"

What do you like best?

Loved the list building capabilities and quick and easy SFDC lead creation. Well done! Linkedin, news articles, and background on company makes it a one stop shop for prospecting for new clients.

What do you dislike?

Some reps used it, others did not. Those who did saw value those who didn't had other traditional rep prospecting techniques. From a holistic view the ROI was not seen with the sales tools budget as not many reps used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe there is a limited trial version which gives you an idea of what they can do. The ability to import a lead into SFDC is very easy and helpful.

Rep prospecting and adding leads to SFDC database. Contact finding and potential new business.

InsideView review by Denis T.
Denis T.

"Have used InsideView at two different employers"

What do you like best?

InsideView is easy to use and contains all the information needed for our research for marketing, sales prospects, and intelligence needed for meetings with prospective clients. It integrates well within Salesforce and allows you to import data directly into Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

I have used almost all the tools similar to InsideView on the market. Overall InsideView is one of the best, but they all have a weakness when it comes to information about contacts working at a target company. You will find outdated or incorrect information at times. They all have that weakness, but I probably find less issues in that area with InsideView.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to anyone looking for this type of tool.

We import contacts from InsideView into a spreadsheet. Then I download the spreadsheet into our marketing program to send out email blasts. When someone shows interest I import that contact out of InsideView into Salesforce. This allows you to performing marketing activity without having to load it all into Salesforce right in the beginning. In addition to using it for sales and marketing contacts we also use it to find contacts at vendors of our clients to perform our recovery service.

InsideView review by User in Internet

"Reliable and up-to-date"

What do you like best?

I like that InsideView is so compatible for SFDC. I can import contacts as leads and they usually have a lot to choose from.

What do you dislike?

There aren't always as many news scoops. I think if the tool tapped into some news resources to important them that could be quite helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an excellent tool if you're prospecting from a sales perspective. IT gives you brief, quick, and up-to-date information on a wide variety of organizations. I highly recommend the tool for individuals looking to gain insight on enterprise companies.

I use it to import individuals as leads to Salesforce. I also use the tool to gain more understanding of what the company does. Its nice because the content isn't too long, its brief and understandable if you need to access just a quick blurb

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Good tool for tech profiling"

What do you like best?

InsideView does a very thorough job of listing all present and past technology installs. Also, it has good information surrounding each organization. I like that you can see the "family tree" and look further into subsidiaries or other affiliated companies.

What do you dislike?

There are very few direct phone numbers for the contacts. Also, they do not update the contacts as much as they should so you can't trust that the person is still with the company that you are looking at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will still need to have other tools if you are looking solely for data for marketing campaigns. It is not enough data to run full campaigns.

Finding out what kind of hardware and software they use for different business purposes. I am able to get a better understanding of the org structure, although it is not always clear. The tech profiles save me time and gives me a background to speak to when cold calling.

InsideView review by Jeff V.
Jeff V.

"Accurate data to help propel sales insight"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, user interface, and SF compatibility. InsideView gives detailed insight into a company's history.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to say I disliked anything but the only issues I've had were when the company wasn't well known or the person you searched for wasn't located. It very well could be operator error but sometimes I couldn't enter in the company due to IV not recognizing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ouyt of 2 to 3 of the best of breed competitors, I find InsideView the easiest to use and best interface. I highly recommend implementing it into your current marketing and sales process!

Building a solid pipeline for the Sales Directors. IV has helped me find the key decision makers and help stay tuned to any important updates on or about the company.

"InsideView Enterprise Review"

What do you like best?

I have used InsideView for a few years. What I like best is the interface, how easy it integrates into salesforce, and the list building feature. The watchlists are great for receiving alerts

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that Inside View does not offer anything that the other databases out there have. The information isn't anything that I couldn't find in another source. Inside View simply makes it easy to find by putting it in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for business information such as the number of employees, revenue, business description and list building.

I use InsideView for prospecting and business development. It solves the problem of company list building and finding prospects to call for my niche market. One of my favorite things about InsideVew is the company information. It is easy to access and is usually fairly accurate.

InsideView review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"InsideView is great for prospecting business but not specific contacts"

What do you like best?

InsideView is a decent source for looking up information specific to a company. It also provides some contacts within that company along with titles and emails.

What do you dislike?

The contacts that are provided are usually out of date or completely incorrect. InsideView provides no direct dials to these contacts, so the only way to communicate is either to email the lead or call the headquarters, which is wrong about 75% of the time. There is also very little information about the contact beyond their title and email address. It would be nice to know more about the person I am attempting to contact, such as their role and previous titles and companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide more details on the contacts within an organization. Include direct dials for those contacts, and if that is unavailable, make sure the headquarters phone number is correct and working. It would also be nice to be able to provide input to their team when information is incorrect.

I am looking for a product that can provide leads and prospects for outbounding. InsideView is a great service to start with if I am looking for a specific company, but not a good place to start with if I'm looking for a specific title/function of employees within the company.

InsideView review by Stephanie K.
Stephanie K.

"Excellent Source for Contacts not found at other sites"

What do you like best?

I have used InsideView for at least 10 years. It's easy to navigate and I can find contacts that are not listed at other similar sites. The company summary is also great, as it gives me in 1 paragraph what the company does, who they're owned by and lists subsidiaries.

What do you dislike?

Multiple entries for the same company can be a bit confusing, as you have to open each instance to identify if it's the actual company you're searching on. If InsideView could better consolidate those multiple listings it would be fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No need to make extensive review of other comparable sites, you will find what you need right here.

Primarily use to review, in a quick, summary format, what the company is all about. As a second use, contacts, contacts, contacts.

InsideView review by Drew K.
Drew K.

"InsideView is a great starting place for prospecting."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create territories and pull prospecting lists. I love being able to stratify and categorize different lists by industry, geography, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how outdated the contact info is. It is almost always necessary to confirm or recheck the contact information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great for prospecting and lists, but the contact info and Contact Lists are outdated.

I use InsideView for prospecting. I have used it to prospect trade show or just prospect for new clients.

InsideView review by Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education
Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education

"Definitely a helpful tool, but could be dependent on your niche."

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use of InsideView and its integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM - that was a game changer and time saver. InsideView would fill in fields in our CRM with the click of a button and that was glorious.

What do you dislike?

Obviously, this tool does not have insights on every single high-level person in an organization. If you are looking in a bigger organization I found they were more likely to have additional information on a person, but smaller organizations weren't as consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get the name of a person but are hoping to learn their position in a company or contact information, this is a great tool. It really is a solid marketing tool that we gained lots of advantages with in reaching key decision makers in other companies.

Major marketing benefits. We used this to find contact information of marketing executives/decision makers in companies in the hopes of targeting them to gain their business.

InsideView review by User

"Shows the Insides of the Business"

What do you like best?

Simply the best experience, Very good job by Inside View Team, I like the company information it shows and its Employees, and the Family tree and the competitors are awesome features.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now. But in the Insights Section the Articles it shows are not of the Companies , They are different, Looks like it just showing the Articles which matches with company name. Need to review this once. All the best

It helps to find the C Level Employes in the Organisation, and other Things about the Organisation very fast, Saving a lot of Time and Efforts.

InsideView review by Kelly V.
Kelly V.

"Net New Business in a New Territory"

What do you like best?

InsideView gives me immediate access to all the information I need to make initial contact with net new accounts. It is easily accessible right inside my CRM and saves me so much time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything that I dislike so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am able to reach the exact person responsible for the service I am offering while having some general background information on the company as a whole.

InsideView review by James T.
James T.

"Insideview the best platform for sourcing information "

What do you like best?

Easy and user friendly interface along with a refined search option for sourcing information accurately and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Need to improve further on providing information about companies which do not have their turnover displayed any where else on the web.

Have been able to succesfully contact the right person from an organisation who has the authority to make well informed decisions ( mostly MArketing contact). Inside view has helped my organisation in building a database with verified contacts.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use for quick company lookup"

What do you like best?

InsideView is easy to use. I can find all the information I need to do quick account research for my sales team. I find it to be a very useful, time-saving tool.

What do you dislike?

There are alot of companies that I can't find in there. I'm not sure if it has to do with what information is publicly available or the source that InsideView uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for quick lookups and intel gathering.

It helps me to define sales territories and solve any account owner disputes. InsideView also gives a good overview of companies that we are researching for sales purposes and allows us to have a "snapshot" of that company.

InsideView review by Carson C.
Carson C.

"Wonderful for 501c3 organizations in fundraising and sponsorship efforts"

What do you like best?

Easy to find decision-makers. Great investment

What do you dislike?

We primarily target by email, and many are not included for contacts. Adds a step for us, but we still love it..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great investment, so go for it.

Raising awareness about CHD, fundraising and sponsorship are major goals for helping kids and adults who grew up with congenital heart disease. Building our database is crucial and InsideView makes the task significantly easier.

InsideView review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Inside View -- Good but has errors"

What do you like best?

I liked that insideview consistently had the right company names and contacts and integrated well with our internal systems. I also thought the interface was pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that there was frequently data inconsistencies between what I could find on google searches versus what InsideView listed as employee count, which was critical to my team's success using the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do a trial run. See if the data and functionality line up with what you're looking for. WE liked it, but it did have some errors and issues. We had a large team so roll out was challenging on our end to make sure all of our users understood the nuances of the system. We also had to do several training gs and their team was gracious, kind and set those up on our calendar. Their customer service is great but you just need to get your hands on the tool to really understand it best.

We needed a tool to provide us with information about the employee counts of companies. We used InsideView to solve for this with our business development team, as it was a tool we could roll out on a larger scale.

InsideView review by Consultant in Commercial Real Estate
Consultant in Commercial Real Estate

"InsideView provides excellent overviews for companies."

What do you like best?

Great resource for providing company overviews; sales contacts, companies name, annual volumes, locations, phone numbers. All easily accessible just by entering a company name. New articles that have recently been published are easily accessible, family tree, so you can view what other companies are under the same umbrella is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the data on individuals is not accurate. Understand that it is pulling from a resources, e.g. linkedin and individuals don't always provide up to date information, however, that can be challenging. Would be great if you could use as a source to pull companies by geography too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

already noted, but info is being pulled from links.

Quickly provides address, phone to contact company. allows you see what other companies fall under the main company, and helps keep you up to date on majority of information that has been release about the company, real estate transitions, etc.

InsideView review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Perfect for prospect"

What do you like best?

Easy means of finding accounts based on a number of company criteria like employee size, revenue, and geographic location. Was very simple to export the data into a spreadsheet to engage in further analysis.

What do you dislike?

It didn't necessarily have the data points we needed to determine external buy signals; when using the system, information about R&D spending was not readily available, which limited its effectiveness within our use-case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for 90% of sales teams; data not as helpful when external buying signals are not clearly identified from external data sources. Its competitor intelligence tool was very useful when prospecting for similar accounts.

It helped us better understand the top and emerging companies within specified industry verticals. Furthermore, it allowed us to segment markets in a more effective way for targeting accounts. Perfect for teams that need a better idea of the scope of their market and potential players.

InsideView review by User in Internet

"Good for overall prospecting but the details need work"

What do you like best?

It's nice to have all of this information in one central location. Being able to look up someone's title, linkedin, phone, email, and other figures is great.

What do you dislike?

The information is not as accurate as they presented. I've found that I need to verify every prospect that I add into our CRM because 40% of the time it's an inactive person who has changed companies. Also, it doesn't integrate LinkedIn into our CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool but just be ready to have to verify every person that you're prospecting because it's not always accurate.

We're making prospecting easier. The benefits are making that process faster but the problem is that it's not as accurate.

InsideView review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Great product--Amazing data to help sales"

What do you like best?

I like the data you get, integrated into the Salesforce record. Having access to more detailed firmographic information, social updates, connected relationships and more means my team can reach out on a more personal level, across various channels, with deep insight into the needs and interests of the prospect. All that means the sales rep can be more effective, quicker.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to get deeper information on # of sales reps in an organization, top keyword trends on social posts, etc. But that's not an IV issue--that's an industry wide issue of depth of data.

I run marketing, and I'm looking for ways to make our reps have more effective follow up with leads. I want them to be more informed on the company and the needs of the individual in order to provide more value in the first conversation.

"Technology insight"

What do you like best?

I really love the Infrastructure information, this is very helpful when it comes to learning about what organizations are using in their environment. It gives a lot of useful information in the area.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the contacts, if you need it for contacts, although they are correct usually, there is not any direct dials available and not enough contact information.

I need to learn more about company technology and Inside view helps with that. It also shows which companies are the subsidiaries and the parent company information. This is very helpful in aligning organizations for my marketing needs

InsideView review by Ryan F.
Ryan F.

"Great for prospecting"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly build a prospecting list by selecting specific verticals and contact titles. It's very simple and fast

What do you dislike?

The data is not always accurate. It could either by an invalid address or a past employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great prospecting tool for sales reps

Allows me to spend more time on the phone selling rather than manually building a prospecting list

InsideView review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"Great Product With Accurate Contacts"

What do you like best?

I like how the contacts that are available for companies are pretty accurate. InsideView makes it easy to find those contacts, based on their companies, and look them up.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how little you get with the Free version, however, it makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great solution if you don't want to spend the money for LinkedIn Sales Navigator, but want something a little more for prospecting purposes.

The main business problems that are being solved is finding contact information that might not be found generally online, for reaching out.

InsideView review by Consultant

"InsideView offers important, up-to-date data on accounts including news events and staff. "

What do you like best?

The up-to-date news fed to my email each morning provides me excellent talking points when speaking to contacts with whom I do not necessarily have a strong relationship yet. I can often start the conversation with a specific compliment about the client or organization with the data I receive.

What do you dislike?

At times, my email will show articles that have already appeared on specific clients, only in a slightly different form. This could just perhaps be subsequent published pieces on an already noteworthy business due to their current activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it; it will give you an edge as you appear to have proactively done research on the client prior to the call.

I am able to see changes, mergers, acquisitions, and announcements of strong sales quarters that allows me to position my product specifically to what their needs might be. I can also research additional contacts that are not in my Salesforce contact list.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"InsideView Sales research tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use UI. The prominent search bar for easy access to search clients. The information was easy to decipher and pull from. Most of the time the customer info was up to date. It's free

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of small companies, focus of data is mainly enterprises. The search functionality can be better (ie mispells, spacing, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of prospecting tools out there, I would suggest signing up for their trial version and testing the product for a week then make your final decision.

While prospecting can be tedious, InsideView gives you access to all the top enterprises' info - phone number, email address, and sometimes the their titles. This has been a delight when attempting to connect to the right person.

InsideView review by Franco A.
Franco A.

"Great Product with excellent social links"

What do you like best?

The integration to SFDC is key for us as is the source of their data (combination that captures the best of all worlds and methods). The Watchlists are of huge value to our sales reps as is the connection to LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

Data is not perfect, especially for SMB companies (although I hear they are making great strides this year to bridge this gap), but still the best quality data of all the tools we have evaluated

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend InsideView for all the additional functionality it delivers over many of its competitors as well as all the integrated links to social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). Overall it's an extremely valuable sales prospecting tool.

We need to have accurate employee sizes of companies since that is how we segment. InsideView's data has helped us do this.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"InsideView is a great tool to help me understand my customer base and prospects better. "

What do you like best?

I like the UI in SFDC. It's sleek and easy to use! Plus, it gives me all the info I need to do my job right at my fingertips. No need to leave SFDC.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data doesn't have everything I need. I get that data is data though and no data provider is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool for both marketing and sales needs. Most people know InsideView by their sales solution, but their marketing suite is great too!

Helps with conversion rates with my prospective customers.

Learn more about InsideView

InsideView Videos

Learning about InsideView?

* We monitor all InsideView reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.