InsideView

InsideView

InsideView gathers real time, social and business sales intelligence from more sources than any competitor, by far, and delivers it right into your sales rep's desktops and mobile devices - online or inside your CRM.

Work for InsideView?

Learning about InsideView?

InsideView Reviews

Showing 433 InsideView reviews
InsideView review by Samantha L.
Samantha L.

"Ok tool - better ones available"

What do you like best?

We use their tools Enterprise and Target. Once you get the data into your CRM (which is a process) we have had decent success with converting them from cold leads to warm leads to opportunities. The SFDC Tile is really nice that lays within SFDC.

What do you dislike?

This tool is NOT a direct integration to SFDC, especially for Target. if you do not use leads as your leading record (we use contacts then convert to leads then to opps) mass adding lists is very cumbersome and time consuming. As of today, you have to export the list and data to an excel file and do a manual v lookup function to de-dupe the data. When we were sold the tool they told us it was directly integrated - It is NOT for contacts.

As with any data cleaning tool, they have a lot of wrong data points: email, account name, website, etc. If you are able to clean past that, they are good contacts and we have had success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We evaluated Zoom Info, Discover Org, and InsideView - If I could go back, I would purchase Zoom Info

Growing our CRM and finding warm leads which turn into opportunities

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InsideView
InsideView review by Nick K.
Nick K.

"Sounds Great in Theory, Hard to Adopt"

What do you like best?

InsideView has a list of contacts for most companies which you can import into your CRM. It collects a lot of articles from around the web so you have data on most of your large accounts which you would be prospecting into.

What do you dislike?

There are many things about IV which I dislike. Some of these include the fact that it is tough to adopt. The insights and articles which it generates aren't very relevant. It's tough to find content to actually use.

Another thing is that you can't bulk export leads into your CRM such as SF.

Also, very little direct phone numbers for the contacts which are in the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering InsideView I'd make sure that your users are actually going to adopt the system and use the insights to help them sell. IV is more expensive than most other platforms. It's not a tool to be used to find new prospects, especially if you need direct dials.

We wanted to find new articles and insights to use as reasons to engage with prospects. This sounds great in theory but it hasn't been adopted well as most of the insights aren't relevant.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

InsideView review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Provides lot of companies, but the data they provide for contacts/individuals seems lacking and date"

What do you like best?

The search feature is what I like best about the tool. It allows you to find companies based on certain criteria such as industry, size, and location, making it easier to find potential prospects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the data they give for the contact/individual. They tend to lack emails, proper phone numbers, and many of the contacts they provide seem to no longer work for the company they are listed at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They can give you large lists of companies that you want to target, but if the data, phone numbers, emails, and contacts are all old and dated, you have to do secondary research using things like LinkedIn to find accurate/current employees.

They provide large lists of companies that meet our specific target market without having to spend large amounts of time to research them.

InsideView review by Diana D.
Diana D.

"InsideView is AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature in InsideView is the Social Insights. You can find quick news updates under the Overview tab, or dig a little deeper under Insights. Having recent news articles and social media updates all in one place is very convenient when it comes to sales!

What do you dislike?

So far, I have not come across anything to dislike in InsideView. And that's saying something! :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend InsideView to anyone in business development. I have been doing business development in a few different industries for about 8 years - this tool is a differentiator to success for sure! I've already mentioned it to a few co-workers from my past and raved about the amount of knowledge available at your fingertips! It really helps cut down on time spent on company research.

The number one business problem I am solving with InsideView is cutting down on company research time before making a strategic sales call. There is so much information within InsideView! The biggest benefit I have experienced is having social updates from multiple social media platforms all in one place. Having recent news, blogs, Twitter, and Facebook updates really makes it easy to tailor my call to the person on the other end. For example: if they are a big Twitter user, I'll reference a recent tweet. For more professional calls, I will mention recent blogs or news articles. It really helps build rapport and develop lasting business relationships.

InsideView review by Todd A.
Todd A.

"Great for getting names, data points need updating"

What do you like best?

Insideview is wonderful for finding accounts and their integration with salesforce is super helpful. It sits in SalesForce and from there you are able to search for more contacts, update account, see news & insights, etc. Additionally, you can go outside of SalesForce to InsideView to prospect for more accounts.

What do you dislike?

There is no such thing as perfect data, which we understand, but InsideView often has people that are no longer with company, wrong email, wrong phone number, etc. The accounts themselves are great but I typically struggle with their accuracy of contacts and have to use other sources like Sales Navigator to verify contact info.

Lead generation, I am able to prospect through InsideView for new accounts and also search for new contacts for existing accounts.

InsideView review by Brian F.
Brian F.

"An Excellent Sales Tool for Research and Prospecting"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to access the information. Whether it be researching a prospect or finding the right person to call. Being integrated with Salesforce helps. A couple of clicks and the contact is added to Salesforce. I find the information to be up to date

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more contacts per company. Not over the top, like LInkedIn, but more manager/director level. Other than that I find it to be user friendly. Sometimes you get bad/outdated information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, ease of use, accurate information and integration. Used data.com and it was outdated.

Determining whether or not a prospect is worth reaching out to. Who the correct contact to reach out to. News I can use as market intelligence when I speak to them. It has been beneficial in turning prospects into client.

InsideView review by Roger M.
Roger M.

"Great Palce to find market intelligence"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface with more valuable date. we can sign in for free and later we can upgrade to premium if needed.It provide the revenue and headquarter detail and cover almost all the companies.

For the premium we can find the right contacts to with there Mailid, Linkedin link and direct Phone no.

We can find the triggers for particular company to crack the deal

What do you dislike?

Need to provide details of the contact for free version, so we can see how accurate the date is present

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please try the free version and it is simple to Signup and later check if you needed premium version.

Must try Insideview

We are using to find out companies out of specific region and find the revenue.

InsideView review by Tara L.
Tara L.

"Excellent source for prospecting and profiling customers for sales"

What do you like best?

I have used InsideView at multiple jobs and I almost always find the information to be accurate and up to date. I have also used tools offered by competitors and found it frustrating that there was little to no information when researching smaller companies, even those that had plenty of information accessible on their websites. I especially appreciate that InsideView is tightly integrated with Salesforce.com and this makes it incredibly easy to add or update new accounts.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any major difficulties, although I admit I really don't use the reporting feature in my current role. In the past (5 years ago) I seem to remember some limitations with reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to also mention that on one occasion I did have a problem with InsideView, so I reached out to their support team. The representative was VERY diligent and followed up with me several times to ensure that I got what I needed. It turned out the problem was related to Salesforce settings, not InsideView, but I really appreciated the great follow up.

As a sales professional, I do not want to spend my time researching basic facts about a prospective new customer, such as geographic location, number of employees, contacts, business insights, etc. InsideView does all that for me, enabling me to focus on higher-value activities.

InsideView review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Great tool for lead generation"

What do you like best?

I use InsideView to develop targeted lists of contacts to run email campaigns against. The ability to export contacts to a CSV formatted file is a huge time-saver when it comes to importing into a marketing automation tool.

What do you dislike?

For the most part there isn't anything I dislike. If I had to ask for an improvement it would be in the number of companies they track. There have been times where the company I'm looking for details on isn't in their database. Fortunately the team at InsideView are quick to add them which puts me back on track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run large email campaigns in North America, this is a great tool to develop your contact lists.

Primarily using InsideView for contact database building for lead generation. It's an easy to use application for finding people to market to.

InsideView review by Administrator

"Bad Experience with Insideview"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use and find leads in certain industries.

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of emails, and the ones that are in there are not that accurate. Also terrible customer service experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your research first and see what other options are available and how they compare. If you want to get viable emails from this platform, keep in mind my review.

We went into signing on with Insideview to help prospect and fill in missing information on our current leads. However, using Insideview has failed to help with both. Only 55-60% of the contact profiles in InsideView will have emails listed. And for those listed, many of those have come back inaccurate. When we spoke with customer service and other departments at the company, they didn't provide much help, just tired to cover up and tell us other solutions to how quickly emails can go bad. We will definitely be looking for a better vendor next time around and would never recommend to use them again.

InsideView review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"If you are in sales, this is the site to go to!"

What do you like best?

I recommend Insideview all the time to all my sales department co-workers, its great tool to find out the latest information about prospect and actual clients, even when I am using the free version, its very helpful.

If I had the budget to upgrade, I would definitely will.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes dont find the info im looking for, but thats very much likely because the searched company is not sharing that info and not insidesview fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, its free!

What I solve is: Updating my companies CRM, by getting actual and accurate info from prospect and actual clients, so that the marketing team can start working on their campaings and advertisement.

InsideView review by Sinduja V.
Sinduja V.

"Must use website for sales executives on daily basis"

What do you like best?

I am very much impressed with the data you provide about my prospects. It really helps in my conversations with my clients and they feel very happy, they are talking to someone who knows enough about them. My success as a sales executive increased exponentially in the long run after I start using your connections feature. My boss says I have a niche to close deals. But internally its just me using your connections.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific that I don't like about Insideview. News classification can be improved but that applies to every other product out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who depend only on contacts of people to close deals, this is an eye opener. It impacts your long-term success in your sales career

Increased connections across a diverse set of companies.

Increased chances of closing deals for my company.

InsideView review by Emerald D.
Emerald D.

"Inside View"

What do you like best?

The ability to see all information about different companies that I am targeting is amazing! The zip code specification really helps when looking at my target list and different companies I can reach out to!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not enjoy about InsideView. I think it is a good investment for salespeople!

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT MORE OFTEN!

InsideView helps to solve the problem of finding eligible businesses around my target areas. The most beneficial aspect, in my opinion, that I've realized is that I can sort businesses by their zip code as well as company size. This is important in my company because I have a certain amount of zip codes I can reach out to with ideal company sizes- which is simplified through InsideView.

InsideView review by Patricia S.
Patricia S.

"Trusted Resource"

What do you like best?

Takes only a few seconds to find the company information I need. Also really easy to see parent and subsidiary companies. Can look by website, which saves time when researching companies with common words in their name. Been using this for more than 10 years and it is very dependable.

What do you dislike?

Not as much contact data for employees as I would like. Sometimes there is no company description, or other information missing. Not sure about the revenue data, compared with other databases I use it tends to be low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new version looks really great.

Basic company research and identification. Quick and easy to make sure you have the proper legal name, address and phone.

InsideView review by Susan S.
Susan S.

"Inside View Power User"

What do you like best?

Trending information is so very helpful. I like being able to set up watchlists for customers and prospects and have that information pushed to me. It's also great to be able to see who the primary competitors are for my customers. I also like that it is accessible from within MS Dynamics 365 and a limited subscription is included in every CRM license.

What do you dislike?

Through no fault of InsideView's there aren't always email addresses available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsideView is extremely helpful in list building and target marketing. Our sales and marketing departments use it every day, without fail. When I show people the depth of knowledge they receive from the information provided by InsideView they are impressed.

InsideView gives me up-to-date information on my customers and prospects. It saves me from leaving CRM to go searching for relevant topics. In the age of the educated buyer, it helps me stay abreast of industry and business changes.

InsideView review by Administrator

"have been using InsideView for years and love"

What do you like best?

The interface is incredibly easy to use. For each company, they include comprehensive contact information with position and other info. They also include links to articles about the company. For the specific employee, they also often list past employment if available, which can be useful. It's truly the best contact system I've used.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while, the contact info is old. They provide an easy way to notify them of old info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend InsideView to anyone who needs valuable contact information and details.

We use InsideView to locate the correct people to contact, as well as to glean deeper info about the company in general. InsideView provides links to articles and other information that proves useful.

The interface is very user friendly, so any novice can find what they need.

InsideView review by John B. K.
John B. K.

"Excellent Research Tool For Sales Prospecting"

What do you like best?

InsideView is a great tool for sales prospecting.It contains company descriptions, revenue and number of employees, and includes phone numbers and names of employees by function. It is easily searchable and many employee email addresses are available.

What do you dislike?

Some companies have very little usable information available and/or no contact names listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try InsideView if you need a way to find the right party contact in an organization by job function and be able to reach them by phone or email. It's a great tool for this purpose and has high quality information and many email addresses available.

We need to be able to find the right party contact to approach for sales prospecting and have a way to reach them by phone and preferably by email. InsideView has been a great help in allowing us to do this.

InsideView review by Cynthia R.
Cynthia R.

"Inside View recommendation"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Inside View is the company information. When I am looking for company info I look it up on Inside VIew

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that it does not provide direct dials for the contacts. Also, the contact info is not always the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Inside View for a tool, it is great for researching both companies and contacts but it does better with company information than contact information. You get an overview, news, buzz etc, about the company and as far as the contacts go, they are there but not always the best and so I do rely on a completely different tool for my contact info.

Again, when searching for company info like revenue and such, the tool I use is Inside View. I do compare it to 10K reports and things like that and it is pretty valid most of the time so they do well with the company information. I am able to learn about new accounts quickly with this tool which is detrimental to my every day tasks.

InsideView review by Jeannine S.
Jeannine S.

"Using InsideView for sales activities"

What do you like best?

The feature I use the most is the Watchlist and the daily emails. This feature gives me very timely information on my existing customers, new prospects, and their decision makers. It keeps me up to date on their activities, stock information, speaking engagements, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are no features in InsideView that have not brought me value. I have nothing that I dislike after using it for approximately 2 years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use the solution in a web browser, not through SalesForce. I find it easy to use, and they have rigorous standards for passwords, so I feel my data and usage is safe and protected.

In addition to realtime news on my clients and prospects, I often use the feature where we have uploaded our contacts, and I can find colleagues at my company who may have a stronger relationship than I do, to assist in my activities, or to provide a warm introduction.

InsideView review by Executive Sponsor in Dairy
Executive Sponsor in Dairy

"Manage Sales Operations and Inside Sales"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and tight integration with Salesforce. Can view records of a contact while in Salesforce and easily export contacts.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to load a list of company names in to InsideView and pull contacts from that list based on titles. Right now, that requires using InsideView professional services to do this work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an very valuable tool for most any organization. It's easy to use and provides me with the source of truth when it comes to information about our target companies.

We have a small database in Salesforce and are focused on building up or database with qualified names, we're also moving to Account Based Marketing, which means the Smart Agents are helpful.

We're able to find contact information for prospects much easier now.

InsideView review by Shreyans P.
Shreyans P.

"InsideView is the best-in-class targeting, marketing and sales intelligence platform"

What do you like best?

InsideView's research platform for marketing, sales prospects, and intelligence needed for meetings with prospective clients is highly useful. InsideView integrates well within Salesforce and allows you to import data directly into the Salesforce CRM.

What do you dislike?

InsideView does not have direct dial functionality to contacts stored in Salesforce, so the only way to communicate is to either email the lead or call the company directly. It would also be more helpful to have the work history and positions of the candidates within InsideView.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsideView provides the right targeted and informed intelligence and delivers this data directly into Salesforce and your CRM.

InsideView provides me with reliable and timely information on my customers and prospects. It provides me with the ability to search for relevant topics, without needing to leave Salesforce at all. InsideView also allows me to stay well informed and equipped, amidst industry and business changes daily.

InsideView review by Don B.
Don B.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

I love the amount of Info this software provides while looking up a prospect or company.

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now.

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be happy with Insideview. do it.

Don Baker, Utah

Document / Information Management Expert (ECM)

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert (DMS)

Lacking info regarding prospects until I found Insideview.

linkedin.com/in/documentmanagementexpert

InsideView review by Lauren L.
Lauren L.

"Been very helpful in finding contact information"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to get the format of email addresses for employees at prospect clients. Even if the exact person isn't listed, I can figure it out based on other information listed.

What do you dislike?

I wish it could be more robust and have all of the information filled out. I understand it's difficult to find online but continually adding to the information would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful for compiling information on a business all on one page, that might usually take several searches to find.

I use it to find the organizational structure of a company I'm researching and if they list contact information, I use it to reach out to prospects.

InsideView review by John F.
John F.

"Create your own Lead List"

What do you like best?

Loved the list building capabilities and quick and easy SFDC lead creation. Well done! Linkedin, news articles, and background on company makes it a one stop shop for prospecting for new clients.

What do you dislike?

Some reps used it, others did not. Those who did saw value those who didn't had other traditional rep prospecting techniques. From a holistic view the ROI was not seen with the sales tools budget as not many reps used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe there is a limited trial version which gives you an idea of what they can do. The ability to import a lead into SFDC is very easy and helpful.

Rep prospecting and adding leads to SFDC database. Contact finding and potential new business.

InsideView review by Denis T.
Denis T.

"Have used InsideView at two different employers"

What do you like best?

InsideView is easy to use and contains all the information needed for our research for marketing, sales prospects, and intelligence needed for meetings with prospective clients. It integrates well within Salesforce and allows you to import data directly into Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

I have used almost all the tools similar to InsideView on the market. Overall InsideView is one of the best, but they all have a weakness when it comes to information about contacts working at a target company. You will find outdated or incorrect information at times. They all have that weakness, but I probably find less issues in that area with InsideView.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it to anyone looking for this type of tool.

We import contacts from InsideView into a spreadsheet. Then I download the spreadsheet into our marketing program to send out email blasts. When someone shows interest I import that contact out of InsideView into Salesforce. This allows you to performing marketing activity without having to load it all into Salesforce right in the beginning. In addition to using it for sales and marketing contacts we also use it to find contacts at vendors of our clients to perform our recovery service.

"Reliable and up-to-date"

What do you like best?

I like that InsideView is so compatible for SFDC. I can import contacts as leads and they usually have a lot to choose from.

What do you dislike?

There aren't always as many news scoops. I think if the tool tapped into some news resources to important them that could be quite helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an excellent tool if you're prospecting from a sales perspective. IT gives you brief, quick, and up-to-date information on a wide variety of organizations. I highly recommend the tool for individuals looking to gain insight on enterprise companies.

I use it to import individuals as leads to Salesforce. I also use the tool to gain more understanding of what the company does. Its nice because the content isn't too long, its brief and understandable if you need to access just a quick blurb

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Good tool for tech profiling"

What do you like best?

InsideView does a very thorough job of listing all present and past technology installs. Also, it has good information surrounding each organization. I like that you can see the "family tree" and look further into subsidiaries or other affiliated companies.

What do you dislike?

There are very few direct phone numbers for the contacts. Also, they do not update the contacts as much as they should so you can't trust that the person is still with the company that you are looking at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will still need to have other tools if you are looking solely for data for marketing campaigns. It is not enough data to run full campaigns.

Finding out what kind of hardware and software they use for different business purposes. I am able to get a better understanding of the org structure, although it is not always clear. The tech profiles save me time and gives me a background to speak to when cold calling.

InsideView review by Jeff V.
Jeff V.

"Accurate data to help propel sales insight"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, user interface, and SF compatibility. InsideView gives detailed insight into a company's history.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to say I disliked anything but the only issues I've had were when the company wasn't well known or the person you searched for wasn't located. It very well could be operator error but sometimes I couldn't enter in the company due to IV not recognizing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ouyt of 2 to 3 of the best of breed competitors, I find InsideView the easiest to use and best interface. I highly recommend implementing it into your current marketing and sales process!

Building a solid pipeline for the Sales Directors. IV has helped me find the key decision makers and help stay tuned to any important updates on or about the company.

"InsideView Enterprise Review"

What do you like best?

I have used InsideView for a few years. What I like best is the interface, how easy it integrates into salesforce, and the list building feature. The watchlists are great for receiving alerts

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that Inside View does not offer anything that the other databases out there have. The information isn't anything that I couldn't find in another source. Inside View simply makes it easy to find by putting it in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for business information such as the number of employees, revenue, business description and list building.

I use InsideView for prospecting and business development. It solves the problem of company list building and finding prospects to call for my niche market. One of my favorite things about InsideVew is the company information. It is easy to access and is usually fairly accurate.

InsideView review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"InsideView is great for prospecting business but not specific contacts"

What do you like best?

InsideView is a decent source for looking up information specific to a company. It also provides some contacts within that company along with titles and emails.

What do you dislike?

The contacts that are provided are usually out of date or completely incorrect. InsideView provides no direct dials to these contacts, so the only way to communicate is either to email the lead or call the headquarters, which is wrong about 75% of the time. There is also very little information about the contact beyond their title and email address. It would be nice to know more about the person I am attempting to contact, such as their role and previous titles and companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide more details on the contacts within an organization. Include direct dials for those contacts, and if that is unavailable, make sure the headquarters phone number is correct and working. It would also be nice to be able to provide input to their team when information is incorrect.

I am looking for a product that can provide leads and prospects for outbounding. InsideView is a great service to start with if I am looking for a specific company, but not a good place to start with if I'm looking for a specific title/function of employees within the company.

InsideView review by Stephanie K.
Stephanie K.

"Excellent Source for Contacts not found at other sites"

What do you like best?

I have used InsideView for at least 10 years. It's easy to navigate and I can find contacts that are not listed at other similar sites. The company summary is also great, as it gives me in 1 paragraph what the company does, who they're owned by and lists subsidiaries.

What do you dislike?

Multiple entries for the same company can be a bit confusing, as you have to open each instance to identify if it's the actual company you're searching on. If InsideView could better consolidate those multiple listings it would be fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No need to make extensive review of other comparable sites, you will find what you need right here.

Primarily use to review, in a quick, summary format, what the company is all about. As a second use, contacts, contacts, contacts.

InsideView review by Drew K.
Drew K.

"InsideView is a great starting place for prospecting."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to create territories and pull prospecting lists. I love being able to stratify and categorize different lists by industry, geography, etc.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how outdated the contact info is. It is almost always necessary to confirm or recheck the contact information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great for prospecting and lists, but the contact info and Contact Lists are outdated.

I use InsideView for prospecting. I have used it to prospect trade show or just prospect for new clients.

InsideView review by Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education
Consultant in Primary/Secondary Education

"Definitely a helpful tool, but could be dependent on your niche."

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of use of InsideView and its integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM - that was a game changer and time saver. InsideView would fill in fields in our CRM with the click of a button and that was glorious.

What do you dislike?

Obviously, this tool does not have insights on every single high-level person in an organization. If you are looking in a bigger organization I found they were more likely to have additional information on a person, but smaller organizations weren't as consistent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get the name of a person but are hoping to learn their position in a company or contact information, this is a great tool. It really is a solid marketing tool that we gained lots of advantages with in reaching key decision makers in other companies.

Major marketing benefits. We used this to find contact information of marketing executives/decision makers in companies in the hopes of targeting them to gain their business.

InsideView review by User

"Shows the Insides of the Business"

What do you like best?

Simply the best experience, Very good job by Inside View Team, I like the company information it shows and its Employees, and the Family tree and the competitors are awesome features.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now. But in the Insights Section the Articles it shows are not of the Companies , They are different, Looks like it just showing the Articles which matches with company name. Need to review this once. All the best

It helps to find the C Level Employes in the Organisation, and other Things about the Organisation very fast, Saving a lot of Time and Efforts.

InsideView review by Kelly V.
Kelly V.

"Net New Business in a New Territory"

What do you like best?

InsideView gives me immediate access to all the information I need to make initial contact with net new accounts. It is easily accessible right inside my CRM and saves me so much time.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything that I dislike so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am able to reach the exact person responsible for the service I am offering while having some general background information on the company as a whole.

InsideView review by James T.
James T.

"Insideview the best platform for sourcing information "

What do you like best?

Easy and user friendly interface along with a refined search option for sourcing information accurately and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Need to improve further on providing information about companies which do not have their turnover displayed any where else on the web.

Have been able to succesfully contact the right person from an organisation who has the authority to make well informed decisions ( mostly MArketing contact). Inside view has helped my organisation in building a database with verified contacts.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use for quick company lookup"

What do you like best?

InsideView is easy to use. I can find all the information I need to do quick account research for my sales team. I find it to be a very useful, time-saving tool.

What do you dislike?

There are alot of companies that I can't find in there. I'm not sure if it has to do with what information is publicly available or the source that InsideView uses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for quick lookups and intel gathering.

It helps me to define sales territories and solve any account owner disputes. InsideView also gives a good overview of companies that we are researching for sales purposes and allows us to have a "snapshot" of that company.

InsideView review by Carson C.
Carson C.

"Wonderful for 501c3 organizations in fundraising and sponsorship efforts"

What do you like best?

Easy to find decision-makers. Great investment

What do you dislike?

We primarily target by email, and many are not included for contacts. Adds a step for us, but we still love it..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great investment, so go for it.

Raising awareness about CHD, fundraising and sponsorship are major goals for helping kids and adults who grew up with congenital heart disease. Building our database is crucial and InsideView makes the task significantly easier.

InsideView review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Inside View -- Good but has errors"

What do you like best?

I liked that insideview consistently had the right company names and contacts and integrated well with our internal systems. I also thought the interface was pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I disliked that there was frequently data inconsistencies between what I could find on google searches versus what InsideView listed as employee count, which was critical to my team's success using the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do a trial run. See if the data and functionality line up with what you're looking for. WE liked it, but it did have some errors and issues. We had a large team so roll out was challenging on our end to make sure all of our users understood the nuances of the system. We also had to do several training gs and their team was gracious, kind and set those up on our calendar. Their customer service is great but you just need to get your hands on the tool to really understand it best.

We needed a tool to provide us with information about the employee counts of companies. We used InsideView to solve for this with our business development team, as it was a tool we could roll out on a larger scale.

InsideView review by Consultant in Commercial Real Estate
Consultant in Commercial Real Estate

"InsideView provides excellent overviews for companies."

What do you like best?

Great resource for providing company overviews; sales contacts, companies name, annual volumes, locations, phone numbers. All easily accessible just by entering a company name. New articles that have recently been published are easily accessible, family tree, so you can view what other companies are under the same umbrella is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the data on individuals is not accurate. Understand that it is pulling from a resources, e.g. linkedin and individuals don't always provide up to date information, however, that can be challenging. Would be great if you could use as a source to pull companies by geography too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

already noted, but info is being pulled from links.

Quickly provides address, phone to contact company. allows you see what other companies fall under the main company, and helps keep you up to date on majority of information that has been release about the company, real estate transitions, etc.

InsideView review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Perfect for prospect"

What do you like best?

Easy means of finding accounts based on a number of company criteria like employee size, revenue, and geographic location. Was very simple to export the data into a spreadsheet to engage in further analysis.

What do you dislike?

It didn't necessarily have the data points we needed to determine external buy signals; when using the system, information about R&D spending was not readily available, which limited its effectiveness within our use-case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for 90% of sales teams; data not as helpful when external buying signals are not clearly identified from external data sources. Its competitor intelligence tool was very useful when prospecting for similar accounts.

It helped us better understand the top and emerging companies within specified industry verticals. Furthermore, it allowed us to segment markets in a more effective way for targeting accounts. Perfect for teams that need a better idea of the scope of their market and potential players.

InsideView review by User in Internet

"Good for overall prospecting but the details need work"

What do you like best?

It's nice to have all of this information in one central location. Being able to look up someone's title, linkedin, phone, email, and other figures is great.

What do you dislike?

The information is not as accurate as they presented. I've found that I need to verify every prospect that I add into our CRM because 40% of the time it's an inactive person who has changed companies. Also, it doesn't integrate LinkedIn into our CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool but just be ready to have to verify every person that you're prospecting because it's not always accurate.

We're making prospecting easier. The benefits are making that process faster but the problem is that it's not as accurate.

InsideView review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Great product--Amazing data to help sales"

What do you like best?

I like the data you get, integrated into the Salesforce record. Having access to more detailed firmographic information, social updates, connected relationships and more means my team can reach out on a more personal level, across various channels, with deep insight into the needs and interests of the prospect. All that means the sales rep can be more effective, quicker.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to get deeper information on # of sales reps in an organization, top keyword trends on social posts, etc. But that's not an IV issue--that's an industry wide issue of depth of data.

I run marketing, and I'm looking for ways to make our reps have more effective follow up with leads. I want them to be more informed on the company and the needs of the individual in order to provide more value in the first conversation.

"Technology insight"

What do you like best?

I really love the Infrastructure information, this is very helpful when it comes to learning about what organizations are using in their environment. It gives a lot of useful information in the area.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the contacts, if you need it for contacts, although they are correct usually, there is not any direct dials available and not enough contact information.

I need to learn more about company technology and Inside view helps with that. It also shows which companies are the subsidiaries and the parent company information. This is very helpful in aligning organizations for my marketing needs

InsideView review by Ryan F.
Ryan F.

"Great for prospecting"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly build a prospecting list by selecting specific verticals and contact titles. It's very simple and fast

What do you dislike?

The data is not always accurate. It could either by an invalid address or a past employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great prospecting tool for sales reps

Allows me to spend more time on the phone selling rather than manually building a prospecting list

InsideView review by Joshua C.
Joshua C.

"Great Product With Accurate Contacts"

What do you like best?

I like how the contacts that are available for companies are pretty accurate. InsideView makes it easy to find those contacts, based on their companies, and look them up.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how little you get with the Free version, however, it makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great solution if you don't want to spend the money for LinkedIn Sales Navigator, but want something a little more for prospecting purposes.

The main business problems that are being solved is finding contact information that might not be found generally online, for reaching out.

InsideView review by Consultant

"InsideView offers important, up-to-date data on accounts including news events and staff. "

What do you like best?

The up-to-date news fed to my email each morning provides me excellent talking points when speaking to contacts with whom I do not necessarily have a strong relationship yet. I can often start the conversation with a specific compliment about the client or organization with the data I receive.

What do you dislike?

At times, my email will show articles that have already appeared on specific clients, only in a slightly different form. This could just perhaps be subsequent published pieces on an already noteworthy business due to their current activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it; it will give you an edge as you appear to have proactively done research on the client prior to the call.

I am able to see changes, mergers, acquisitions, and announcements of strong sales quarters that allows me to position my product specifically to what their needs might be. I can also research additional contacts that are not in my Salesforce contact list.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"InsideView Sales research tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use UI. The prominent search bar for easy access to search clients. The information was easy to decipher and pull from. Most of the time the customer info was up to date. It's free

What do you dislike?

Missing a lot of small companies, focus of data is mainly enterprises. The search functionality can be better (ie mispells, spacing, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of prospecting tools out there, I would suggest signing up for their trial version and testing the product for a week then make your final decision.

While prospecting can be tedious, InsideView gives you access to all the top enterprises' info - phone number, email address, and sometimes the their titles. This has been a delight when attempting to connect to the right person.

InsideView review by Franco A.
Franco A.

"Great Product with excellent social links"

What do you like best?

The integration to SFDC is key for us as is the source of their data (combination that captures the best of all worlds and methods). The Watchlists are of huge value to our sales reps as is the connection to LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

Data is not perfect, especially for SMB companies (although I hear they are making great strides this year to bridge this gap), but still the best quality data of all the tools we have evaluated

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend InsideView for all the additional functionality it delivers over many of its competitors as well as all the integrated links to social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). Overall it's an extremely valuable sales prospecting tool.

We need to have accurate employee sizes of companies since that is how we segment. InsideView's data has helped us do this.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"InsideView is a great tool to help me understand my customer base and prospects better. "

What do you like best?

I like the UI in SFDC. It's sleek and easy to use! Plus, it gives me all the info I need to do my job right at my fingertips. No need to leave SFDC.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the data doesn't have everything I need. I get that data is data though and no data provider is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool for both marketing and sales needs. Most people know InsideView by their sales solution, but their marketing suite is great too!

Helps with conversion rates with my prospective customers.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Intelligent Customer Data = InsideView"

What do you like best?

There are so many amazing features of the Insideview Insight solution in Dynamics CRM. Easy search and sync of customer or contact data to add new information is a huge time saver. Having customer details and social network information available and connected inside our CRM system is likewise a huge benefit. Custom search criteria and watchlist capabilities make it easy to get exactly what information is most important about our customers. All around, a great solution set and very worthy investment.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. It is easy to set-up, easy to customize, extensible, and much more accurate than other data services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look at comparisons to other services like D&B and data.com - the accuracy and ease of use with Insideview compared to those options will blow you away and make you feel comfortable in selecting Insideview.

Biggest benefits and problem solved is in regard to having fresh customer information and being able to feel confident in the accuracy of the data at our fingertips.

InsideView review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"InsideView is a must have!"

What do you like best?

InsideView is an excellent source to research companies, identify employees at those companies along with their contact information. This source is a mush have for anyone in sales as it greatly reduces the time spent on research and allows more time on selling and relationship building.

What do you dislike?

Are area of growth would be a more robust database of contact information.

InsideView allows me to identify people within organizations that I support whom I have not had contact with in the past, therefore allowing me to build a deeper relationship with my clients as a whole.

InsideView review by Mark J. M.
Mark J. M.

"InsideView for sales - good tool, fast and easy"

What do you like best?

I like seeing the key People in the organization record and then being able to sync all their data into Dynamics 2015 with just a few clicks and there you go.

Viewing the contact LI profile is helpful also, though that could be a one click button inside the record.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, most of the data is current. I occasionally run into an old contact who is gone from that company but not overly frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out this tool and compare it to what you have today for ease of use, current information and ability to use the data in your CRM fast. It is a solid winner.

Faster way to expand my reach into a targeted prospect.

The more meaningful conversations I can have, the more problems I get to solve for clients.

The more problems I solve for them, the more they meet their goals.

And I have learned that helping clients meet their goals allows me to meet mine.

InsideView review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"A truly outstanding application on the web or in Salesforce for searching for leads"

What do you like best?

I personally like the salesforce integration where most companies know what it's like to have accounts in Salesforce with no address or description. This system fixes that immediately with the click of a button and then gives you access to possible leads as well.

I also really like the ability to see the competitors to the account in question. With simple click you can you pull up most company's competitor list with convenient markings on their size (revenue and personnel). Then when you click on those accounts you can automatically have them created in SalesForce and fill with Leads of your choosing.

Finally if you use the website and plug in the companies that you are most interested in you get an excellent readout every day of the news for those particular companies.

What do you dislike?

Very occasionally the data is out of date and when i email the leads I find that the emails bounce and upon checking linkedin or another similar source i find they've moved on a long time back..

Recommendations to others considering the product

The obvious other choice is Data.com. I think Data.com has a better pricing structure and you're potentially going to get more leads, but they don't have the website feature, nor does it seem to be that their contacts are of high a quality.

In sales, my rolodex is my livelyhood. Keeping it clean and up to date is tantamount to peak performance. Finding new leads and keeping their company info fresh makes our whole sales team more efficient.

InsideView review by Pratik D.
Pratik D.

"Best Market Intelligence Tool I would recommend "

What do you like best?

1. Best tool for industry researching

2. Competition research

3. Account based List building (filter by revenue, employees)

4. Simple User Interface

5. Salesforce integration provides insights about the accounts

What do you dislike?

1. Fewer contacts information related to our niche target vertical

1. Salesforce integration provides insights about the accounts

2. Industry-based research

InsideView review by Jeannine H.
Jeannine H.

"InsideView Review"

What do you like best?

The listing of the companies and getting the format for email addresses.

What do you dislike?

The fact that a whole lot of these contacts are no longer with the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know about the integration of the software into various CRM systems, so I cannot speak for that. I am downloading Excel spreadsheets, and they look good. (Give me way more information than I need.) Please check the industries you want to sell to and see if the contacts are up-to-date. The industry I have been working with is healthcare, and a lot of the contacts are no longer there. It's good to gather company information, though. Also, you can get a sense for the email addresses. But you should go online and verify the data.

Trying to find companies and contacts within the healthcare vertical market that are of a certain size is a challenge. We work a lot with community health centers and critical access hospitals as well as multi-location physicians' offices and surgery centers. Staff at these types of facilities change constantly. And trying to find the companies is difficult. InsideView helps us find the right company profile. That's why we keep using InsideView.

InsideView review by Alex K.
Alex K.

"Great Idea, Could-be-better Product"

What do you like best?

The InsideView tool allowed me and my colleagues the opportunity to sift through contact information across various industries, and to really tailor our search based on the parameters that we were trying to target.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the information seemed dated, with a number of the businesses being listed as "active" even though they had not operated for a number of years. It would have been nice to have an option to filter listings based on information about contacts (phone number, email address) and not just business parameters.

We used InsideView mostly for research purposes and database building/management.

InsideView review by Troy J.
Troy J.

"Inside View"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the ability to quickly research a company and their details (i.e. company size & revenue)

What do you dislike?

At times I find that data regarding employee size can be a bit off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for researching company HQ, company size and overall revenue and descrition

I work in a specific territory so I need to be able to make sure they are in my region and are a match for a revenue amount.

InsideView review by User in Internet

"Great integration through Salesforce"

What do you like best?

The Salesforce integration is my favorite part. I can easily find the right contacts, their emails and phone numbers, right within our Salesforce. It's one less step I have to take when prospecting.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. Data isn't always 100% perfect but there's not much better you can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I didn't use their site very often but used the integration into our CRM. I would assume it does but make sure it integrates into the other software you're using.

It helps find contact information for my prospects are various accounts. Great for outreach and follow ups.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent for Sales Team"

What do you like best?

Access to information on any particular company all in one location. No need to look in any other resource. Excellent source for all intelligence on potential clients. News links to many reputable websites & news organizations speaking on noteworthy aspects in reference to companies that one would be researching.

What do you dislike?

That I did not have this resource while I was employed with other organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that it has capabilities with multiple ERP & CRM Platforms

InsideView provided names of decision makers for various organizations. This made it easy to know roles of potential clients ahead of my engaging with them. Noteworthy items that could be used during discussions with potential clients. A one-stop resource for intelligence on potential clients from all verticals.

InsideView review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Helping make better cold calls"

What do you like best?

I like being able to find the name of the correct person to call and being able to get additional info on the company. Making sure that I get through to the decision maker is very important to my job, it saves me a lot of time which means I can make more calls.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure how often the information is scrubbed so I always have to double check the information. I have gone off of the information I have found on InsideView and called a person that was no longer with the company. I wish that I was confident in the information I find on this to just search and call, but that is not how this works.

If there was a way to double check and confirm all the information for me so that I wasn't so concerned about making bad calls, that would be extremely helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you use the email alerts, that's very helpful.

Being able to get emails about companies gives me a reason to call them which is really helpful. I am also able to at least get some good starting information on a company and the correct individuals to contact. I am able to take some of the names that I find and either confirm that they are the correct people to call or am able to find out through that information who it is i should call.

InsideView review by Mary A.
Mary A.

"Outstanding Product for List Building!"

What do you like best?

When we get names of companies that our salespeople would like to call on, sometimes we only have the name of the company. With InsideView, we can very quickly gain valuable information on those companies and import into Salesforce.

As the Sales Operations Manager for our company, it is my responsibility to make sure that the information on companies in our database is not only current but accurate as well. I use InsideView every day and it makes that part of my job so much easier to accomplish.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to automatically sync multiple companies into Salesforce. You have to export a list and then import into Salesforce. You can sync multiple contacts and it would be great if you could sync multiple companies as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsideView is definitely worth every penny you pay for it! I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Our salespeople are able to keep up with what their customers/prospects are doing and able to track C-Suite changes, which is the level we call on.

The data on companies in our database is more up-to-date now than it was before we started using InsideView! I couldn't imagine doing my job with it.

InsideView review by Rob M.
Rob M.

"InsideView Great SFDC Integration and Company Information"

What do you like best?

The company details are accurate and very easy to sync with SFDC. Contacts although not as robust or accurate are also easy to sync and it looks for duplicates prior to importing.

Very well written SFDC add on!

What do you dislike?

Contact accuracy is lacking, if these guys combined with Zoominfo for contacts it would be the best solution on the planet for data! Also the need to de-dup accounts as several accounts have many of the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure to setup your lists for customers and other contacts so you have your relationships

Company demographics and list development

InsideView review by Will B.
Will B.

"Good for account firmographic information"

What do you like best?

InsideView definitely has a good handle around core account information like geographic location, employee size, and industry. They have a decent amount of account coverage for international companies.

What do you dislike?

Like many of these tools, InsideView is North America-centric. While the company information is good, the contact level information is stale or inaccurate in my experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great source of info if you're looking for core data for TAM or ABM projects in North America

Total addressable market analysis and business intelligence are the main use cases for us. InsideView is well liked by our international teams

InsideView review by Rob G.
Rob G.

"Incitefull tool for competitive analysis "

What do you like best?

Topical and relevant updates provide me with necessary info

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I’ve noticed that I dislike.

Perspective on targeted companies that I follow for new business development and marketing campaign analysis and follow-up communications.

InsideView review by George B.
George B.

"Good tool to use for public information"

What do you like best?

The ability to automatically import contacts into the CRM and the existing amount of information that is out there on companies/contacts

What do you dislike?

Often times information is incomplete, or incorrect because it hasn't' been updated in a while.

Finding contact information much more quickly and effectively as well as direct links to linkedin profiles.

InsideView review by Christina A.
Christina A.

"Informed Decisions lead to better time management"

What do you like best?

What I like best about InsideView for Sales is that it integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The two systems are able to speak to each other and provide invaluable insights into customers and prospects. The most useful feature is the lead enrich feature. On web forms or at trade shows we ask prospects for only their name and email. The lead enrich feature fills in the gaps and provides us with company info, social info, relevant news and updates about the company.

Our sales team has less data to gather and input, and our CRM data is accurate, complete, and useful.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about InsideView for Sales but one area that I look forward to continued improvement in is the Canadian company/contact database. All our our clients operate in Canada and we have noticed that the data for the US is more abundant and accurate than that for Canada.

However, in one year of using this platform we have noticed that the information available for Canadian companies and contacts has almost doubled and we are confident that this trend will continue as more Canadian organizations implement the InsideView platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsideView for Sales is a great option to assist in your Sales and Customer Relationship management software like Microsoft Dynamics CRM. When integrated with your CRM system your team will realize the benefits faster.

We have a higher web form conversion rate because we are asking potentials clients for less information up front.

We use Watch Lists to keep up to date on events occurring in existing clients business and industry to stay proactive in the support we provide those clients.

We also use watch lists and alerts when prospecting to help guide initial sales conversations to topics that are relevant to our potential clients.

We use the build list function to help determine our message targeting. We select an industry and topic and evaluate the potential reach based on the contact lists returned.

InsideView review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Enterprise Users"

What do you like best?

InsideView is fantastic for all my prospecting needs, this is the first time using the product and I have nothing but great things to say about the platform.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that can be bad about InsideView is that sometimes email address are not available for contacts, or sometimes revenue information is not updated or conflicts with other sites I am cross referencing on

Significant time saver when it comes to building lists for industries to prospect. I have cut down my time spent prospecting and significantly increased my outreach with InsideView

InsideView review by Koby C.
Koby C.

"InsideView user feedback "

What do you like best?

I noticed how easy it was to look up contacts through company or professional email addresses, along with the feature to request contact information if a person was not in the directory already.

Usually there is already a decent amount of information already found on each company that I look up, so I can always rely on that.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of corporate level employees listed, which is fine. However I prefer to speak with "lower" levels of upper management team members who still have decision power. My reason is because speaking with CEO's and Chairmen isn't practical enough especially with their hectic and demanding schedule. If there are different sites for a company, I would need to know the heads of each different location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsideView is an excellent software tool for pre-cold calling data and an excellent way to network with new contacts within a business you already have established a relationship with.

Take advantage of requesting contact information with the Add person button, I really like how InsideView helps by doing their own research to verify the contact information, plus they are fast and efficient (company information usually finishes updating after 24 hours)

I help clients with inventory tracking and asset management technology; this includes barcode laser or imager scanners, mobile computers, thermal printers, RFID technology, designing software, and management software.

With using InsideView, I can at least check the relevance of the company, their progress, a brief description of what their company does, along with other misc. data.

InsideView review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"Solid tool"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that you gain access to the relevant "firmographical" very quickly when searching companies via InsideView. Employee size, revenue, location and brief description of the company background are readily accessible within seconds, allowing me to quickly analyze a company in preparation for my call.

I also like the list building features - super intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Searching for a company name that doesn't readily come up in the smart search in the top tool bar sometimes locks up the application and rarely yields any result entries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the training they provide each month on using the application - you'll understand the full power of the tool

In my team's role we are trying to identify the company background in a quick manner so that we can make a good amount of phone calls each day to generate new prospects for our company. InsideView allows us to target firms that meet our best customers profile and gives us that background very quickly so that we are fully prepared to talk to contact about their business needs and initiatives.

InsideView review by Kelly Richard H.
Kelly Richard H.

"Very useful for building lists!"

What do you like best?

Since I am in Marketing, for us the list building is the most useful aspect. I like how detailed and segmented you can target your searches. We've use it a lot to augment our existing database.

What do you dislike?

I would like it better if the product also displayed the Hoover's or D&B information along with the crowd sourced info, or if both are involved more prominently displayed as official info. Or perhaps had some sort of scoring system that indicates confidence level in the data. Also, for a lot of companies the employee(People) list seems very light.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended part of your data suite for sales and marketing.

Database curation, list building. Better database all around. I have noticed that there are inaccuracies in the data that seem to be a bit higher than with other solutions. The approach I take is to use it as one arrow in the quiver, and not rely on any one solution as the entire arsenal.

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Great for finding companies, less good for finding people."

What do you like best?

Lots of companies listed, lots of information about the companies.

What do you dislike?

Data not always updated. Location and people data especially. UI is a bit dated too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for finding companies - better than LinkedIn. However, don't expect the people data to be as up to date as LinkedIn.

I'm in sales, so I find a lot of leads this way - companies rather than people - but there is a wealth of companies listed here. It's a great way of triangulating information with other sources (LinkedIn, Discoverorg.com, ZoomInfo, etc)

InsideView review by Jacob D.
Jacob D.

"InsideView is phenomenal"

What do you like best?

InsideView's screening capabilities and depth of information is amazing. I would rate the quality of its data and user interface as much higher than virtually all of its competitors, some of which charge considerably more.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. Some additional tools geared specifically towards investment banking and private equity would be nice.

InsideView has significantly shortened the amount of time my team spends screening for potential strategic acquirers and the relevant M&A contacts at each company.

InsideView review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"InsideView for Sales Prospecting and Outreach"

What do you like best?

The features I use most and find most helpful on InsideView are the general company descriptions provided, revenue/financial information, family tree display, and similar companies.

What do you dislike?

I think the most useful thing would be to add more contacts available, as well as the direct phone line for each contact. There is a lack of this, but if this was improved it would help with the prospecting process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like how InsideView for Sales is able to integrate with SalesForce.com. It helps make my prospecting and outreach process much easier having everything available on one platform.

I use InsideView as a tool for sales prospecting. My job duty involves outreach to other companies, and InsideView has helped me in finding ideal/best fitting companies to reach out to.

InsideView review by Ed A.
Ed A.

"InsideView gives me updated information about my clients that are excellent conversation starters."

What do you like best?

Having new and information provided to me concerning my clients and prospective clients so I can track items of interest to both them and me. The information I received from InsideView is terrific for adding value to a business relationship. I find something of value to share with my clients that concerns them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of at this very freaking moment. This is a stupid requirement to ask.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a much better platform for keeping in touch with clients. I have recommended InsideView to Salesforce.com Users multiple times in the course of doing business with my clients.

The business problem I solve is the ability to add value to a business relationship and stay abreast of client's company status. The benefits I have realized are that I add value beyond solely contacting a client to sell a product or service we offer.

InsideView review by Abraham D.
Abraham D.

"Inside View for Insightfull Sales Engagements"

What do you like best?

Information relevance provided as and when needed

What do you dislike?

Data coverage for customers in the African Continent could be more comprehensive, but that being said most of the high profile companies have excellent data

Assists me in being a more informed Technical seller, intuitive and insightful

InsideView review by Jim O.
Jim O.

"I use InsideView on a daily basis. I feel it is fundamental to my job and my success."

What do you like best?

I update my records - especially new prospect records - with fresh accurate data from InsideView with one or two clicks, I review contacts and add any that I am missing - again with a couple clicks. Additionally I have watchlists on a few key accounts. When I am planning my go to market activities in a particular area I routinely pull leads from InsideView based on geo, size, industry, etc., and import them into marketing lists in our CRM system.

What do you dislike?

The new release defaults to a smaller footprint on the Account and Contact screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check it out. If your primary targets are small mom & pop operations the results are hit and miss but for my mid to large target there is a lot to use.

I am refreshing my customers and prospects routinely so I am calling on accurate data.

InsideView review by Warwick L.
Warwick L.

"Excellent tool for instant insight into prospects and customers"

What do you like best?

The integration with Salesforce is great

Access to info on company revenue and employee numbers

Information of events for targets

Easy list building will all the variables i need.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the revenue on private companies is wrong but i get that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend it. It's much more up to date than LinkIn and has much more data.

Helps me figure out if a target is real

Is a prospect ready for my help

Who are the decision makers at a prospect

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"InsideView review from a SaaS sales rep"

What do you like best?

Once I figured out how to search and filter there is quite a bit of information available for many different industries and verticals. Saving lists and tracking progress is also a positive feature of the site.

What do you dislike?

The data is inconsistent at best - however this is not exclusive to InsideView. Most prospecting tools I find are generally out of date or lacking quality real time data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you will need to use more than just insideview for an accurate picture of your prospect. I generally end up double and triple checking with other intelligence platforms.

Prospecting tool; trying to find the best contacts within an account or structure of an account.

"InsideView Review"

What do you like best?

I love how I can filter my search to find accounts within a certain geo and revenue band. This search also includes contact information which is excellent for prospecting.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the accuracy of the contact emails in Insideview.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it - it is very helpful and extremely easy to use.

eliminating time searching for company's within a certain territory, and not wasting time trying to find them one by one.

InsideView review by William (Bill) D.
William (Bill) D.

"Great Social Selling & Sales Intelligence Platform"

What do you like best?

The initial driver for us to purchase InsideView related to finding good quality prospect/lead contact information. We evaluated many different solutions and found that for our targeted buyer, InsideView had some of the most complete/correct. The ability to sync company & contact information directly into Salesforce and update our accounts & contacts is a huge benefit and time saver. The additional sales intelligence was not an initial reason for purchase but has been a great value add.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the filters get a specific as we would like for list building and filtering. It would be nice to have some more ways to do batch syncing and not account by account only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Over the last two years I have seen InsideView continue to innovate and grow. They are not sitting still and continuing to build out great sales support and social selling features.

The main business problem was finding good contact data for our targeted buyers. The ability to use InsideView to get this information directly into Salesforce and leverage it while prospecting is huge. Getting to the right decision maker faster helps us speed our sales cycle.

InsideView review by Rattan K.
Rattan K.

"Has helped me for years in Inside Sales"

What do you like best?

Inside View in my book really ranks as the top Inside Sales tool to scope your market, know what's going on with your prospects and deliver the appropriate messaging based on that information. I find useful information about any individual company there i can't find at any other site, so I highly recommend it for any inside sales professional.

What do you dislike?

need to have more international company information particularly in the DACH region.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To me this is a first class tool to be used side by side to any web lead tracker to get the full picture of prospects you are going after, or that visited you. it's a quick snapshot of a company that I don't get anywhere else

prospect scoping becomes a lot easier and less time consuming

understanding how a company is structured is well defined at InsideView

InsideView review by Justin A.
Justin A.

"Business Development Rep"

What do you like best?

Quick easy and seems accurate when cross checked with other sites. Being based on territory is crucial to have quick info on HQ, description, key players all on one site.

What do you dislike?

None come to mind. Great product that allows me to smart efficient with simplicity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great simplistic layout that allows you to research, learn and target key accounts with minimal clicks.

I sell software to fortune 1000 companies. I am able to quickly find key decision makers, check HQ and prospect .

InsideView review by Mark J. P.
Mark J. P.

"Insight Selling Effectiveness"

What do you like best?

The best aspect of InsideView is its ability to provide a single look at news and activities by account. Having to search various sites and resources for this information becomes very unproductive and inefficient. InsideView makes gathering information and insights much easier.

What do you dislike?

The least valuable aspect of InsideView (but could be the most valuable if managed properly) is the contacts database. I have found that much of the contact information provided is inaccurate. The link to LinkedIn is very valuable which allows me to check the accuracy. If InsideView could improve on contact accuracy the value of the product would go up significantly.

In my business I must provide insights to my customers on their business related to the solutions I sell. Through InsideView's capabilities, I've been able to construct excellent account plans and strategies that build insights into my target prospects giving me the ability to challenge my targets to bring value to my engagements.

InsideView review by Eric V.
Eric V.

"I use it every day"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive, timely and relevant data. I can learn about the company, I can ID relevant contacts, and I can see news that highlights items of relevance to the company. It means my outreach starts with something relevant to my contacts.

And since info about my hot prospects is pushed to me, I can generally see it and use it before my competitors, sometimes even before my contacts are aware. Now that's a sales advantage.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit clunky to use and it's a little challenging to coordinate with other CRM tools we use. But I'll live with technical challenges for the business advantage trade off all day long.

I'm looking for angles to connect with clients and prospects. As stated, I need to be relevant and timely to get connections and have credibility as a prospective advisor from day 1 of a sales effort, and maintain that credibility through the sales process.

Inside View helps me find those angle and maintain that credibility. Is it the only factor in my making sales to corporate clients? No. But it has definitely been a factor in many successes and the list keeps growing.

InsideView review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Inside View, solid experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to directly link to all social media outlets and access information is a great value

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the information or company does not always match and is inaccurate

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely endorse the Enterprise edition of this software application. Embedded into Salesforce it has proven to provide advanced information on companies, profiles, direct links to social media and organisational hierarchy.

An excellent addition for sales purposes.

Trying to reach the right contacts for sales and Biz-Dev purposes is of course a challenge. But Inside View helps provide more clarity and extended information on the company and personnel i'm looking at.

This gives a more rounded feel than simply using LinkedIn or CompanyCheck by themsleves

InsideView review by Jarret B.
Jarret B.

"Works well and great customer service"

What do you like best?

InsideView has provided a great customer experience thus far. Our CSM, Cassandra Liska, has helped us optimize the dashboard to get valuable insights on clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be overwhelming with the number of emails I receive, but I know this can be optimized down if I spend more time in the dashboard.

Getting valuable insights and updates on clients

InsideView review by User in Computer Software

"Inside View has helped me connect with my customers and further our relationship resulting in sales"

What do you like best?

It's easy to read and well compiled so that all my relevant customer information is highlighted and accessible. I'm able to see all the details of recent news articles as well as company specific metrics that help me close deals and, in general, open up interesting conversation with my clients. It beats looking everything up myself or getting frequent google/other email alerts that are simply just noise in my inbox.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is incorrect information for companies that have similar names to my clients which makes me waste a little time - but that's hard to avoid given the vast range of the internet and search analytics/metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you would like a tool that helps get all you info in one place - it's Inside View. It gives insight into the client's business as well as other info like news articles and helpful metrics that can assist in closing deals.

I'm helping customers buy analytics software to better understand their data. Your product helps me connect with my clients because it gives me information I can leverage when developing a relationship. It also makes it easy for me to understand my clients companies without having to go through the hassle of looking things up on my own.

InsideView review by User

"InsideView is a very valuable tool for my prospecting I use it every day"

What do you like best?

Strong top line analysis with the ability to drill down for more data.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Insideview opens up automatically in my CRM sometimes I need to work outside my CRM to get the program to open.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will be amazed the amount of information available

As a national account manger I like to quickly understand top line about a potential customer. I try to understand the size of my opportunity by the # of employees, the # of locations and the family tree helps to see if the prospect is part of a larger group.

InsideView review by Richard E.
Richard E.

"InsideView helps the business a lot."

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about the product is how user-friendly it is. With minimal training, our team was able to get tremendous value out of the product. There are also multiple things it does well, like enabling you to build prospecting lists and follow recent company events.

What do you dislike?

I find some small problems of InsideView. The interface seems a little clunky and outdated.I have often found some of the smaller companies that were profiled to be out of date, or the data incorrect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this tool. Not only for a great source of company information, but it also builds excellent industry lists and synchronizes smoothly with other tools.

We can get the information of recent company changes, new contacts, acquisitions/mergers, industry & profiling in time. InsideView provides useful data and critical insights and alerts on our pipeline and prospects. It's a one-stop shop for inquiries regarding company info, HQ, revenue, number of employees, etc. It's an indispensable tool for efficient sales development.

InsideView review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Just what we need"

What do you like best?

We use InsideViews automated integration with Eloqua to append new contacts. They almost always have a match and we have found our data quality has improved significantly.

What do you dislike?

There is more company data than contact-specific data. It would be nice to have more details about the individual.

We wanted to reduce the number of form fields we request, and InsideView allows us to still capture the information we need.

InsideView review by ADAM S.
ADAM S.

"My user experience with InsideView"

What do you like best?

I like how it integrates with our CRM for easy access on prospective client information.

What do you dislike?

I know my use of InsideView is underutilized and there are many things that could support my role but yet to be discovered. Where do I even begin?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to Use, integrates with CRM and provides the needed information, at my fingertips

How to best attract prospective clients and connect with them to understand their business needs. I like the Summary alerts which appear to know who I'm currently talking with. I'm able to use this information to demonstrate I'm on top of the latest news. This helps me position how my company can help tackle their organizational challenges.

InsideView review by Mark L.
Mark L.

"Best Sales Tool Since Cold Calling(Without the rejection!)"

What do you like best?

IV gives the salesperson a vast cache of information on a potential account, that allows one to pinpoint the proper people to target for future calls and sales. I use it daily and cross reference the data with LinkedIn contacts to initiate cold calls...Response rate up 60% versus cold calls via phone or email.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to come up with negatives because I have yet to be disappointed. Perhaps more information on company personnel in purchasing or project management would be beneficial

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. Excellent sales tool that offers current information and opportunity to easily reach out to billions of dollars in new opportunities. Well worth the expense!

Increased sales and new opportuniti

InsideView review by Marissa W.
Marissa W.

"Awesome tool "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, ability to report data issues

News alerts are SUPER awesome and customisable

Very easy to setup CRM lists - i.e. tell me news about my Q2 pipeline, etc

What do you dislike?

Used to be cheaper to download data

Some info for some regions (APAC) could be better but there is a huge investment happening here

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial - InsideView are amazing about helping you run a trial with setup, data, training, etc

Ensuring that all target accounts are listed, finding key contacts

InsideView review by Rodney W.
Rodney W.

"I love Insideview!"

What do you like best?

Give me the information I need to do my job in record time. I can find the right person and I have their information at my fingertips. If I am planning a trip to a region I can easily fill my calendar with what I learn from this tool. Having access to titles and emails is very helpful!

What do you dislike?

No complaints so far! It does what I need it to do! It would be nice to see more information posted from companies abroad, specifically German Speaking company!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a company with a hunter/proactive mentally, then you need to get this for your team!

a) Gives me the ability to see what companies are active in a market/vertical in any state/region I desire

b) Gives me contact information that I need so that I can promote my company to the companies that need our product/service (they just don't know it yet)!

InsideView review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"helpful"

What do you like best?

The way the tool easily syncs with SFDC.

What do you dislike?

The fact that many UK companies are not on the tool. There is also not enough HR people listed under each company and even these should be broken down into L&D, recruiters or HR. If I could filter the contacts by location that would be great too. Its currently very limiting!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the US then it makes sense to use it.

It's quicker than the manual up-dates I was doing using multiple tools. I still use another tool to get contacts and input them called HR Business data, but it's specific to UK and HR so hosts a lot more data.