InsightIDR

InsightIDR is designed to reduce risk of breach, detect and respond to attacks, and build effective cybersecurity programs.

Work for InsightIDR?

Learning about InsightIDR?

InsightIDR Reviews

Ask InsightIDR a Question
Showing 29 InsightIDR reviews
InsightIDR review by John S.
John S.

"Quick implementation and centralized management "

What do you like best?

Single pane of glass for management is the best thing and we love it. another best thing is integration of end point monitoring and analysis. About the single pane of glass for management 1, once you will get used to with the the alert system InsightIDR will become great piece of security operations. we also checked professional service to perform check and results were pretty damn great. It is the great thing that new features are being added to existing systems to upgrade levels and keep the product with latest trends of market.

What do you dislike?

For hybrid environment and different technologies it would be nice to have ability to create customer parsers or at least have better avenue for their creation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insight IDR has great customer support. You should give it a try.

InsightIDR has been great helpful to our company. It has helped to detect and fight against unknown attacks. It will give you notifications with email if there is any threat. plus it is very lightweight and easy o deploy. It has very quick response that provides great benefits.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InsightIDR
InsightIDR review by Rina M.
Rina M.

"A great Security Product by Rapid7"

What do you like best?

The best thing that I like about this rapid7 product is its steadiness and ability to detect stealthy behavior of intruders in the system.Its algorithms are so finely tuned that it can really detect all types of intruders and also can be very useful to automate the security workflow of services in your system.It is considered as the best platform for securing your application from all types of attackers.

What do you dislike?

I think i have nothing much to dislike about insightIDR.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to others considering insightIDR is that you should start using this fabulous product if you really want to use novel approaches to secure your's or your client's application and protect your dignity over everything else.Also you can use insightIDR for automating and using it for incident response systems.This is why my recommedation is for insightIDR.

My usage is fixed and I use insightIDR for fulfilling my client's requirement to secure their platform from all types of intruders and attackers.It is very well coded for making your platform automation and also make sure that our privacy of data is maintained.So I am using insightIDR as a regular product for security purposes.

What Incident Response solution do you use?

InsightIDR review by Ravina S.
Ravina S.

"Insight IDR : Security center for everything related to security"

What do you like best?

What i like most about insightIDR is the features it provides. The amount of features they provide are unbelievable. Here are some them which i find very useful and quite a game changing. Dashboards, Report, Log search, Alert, Investigation, Data collection, End point Monitoring, and the best Intruder traps. All these features inn one InsightIDR is great package with all tools required for security.

What do you dislike?

InsightIDR doesn't provide Threat Intelligence reports while its rivals like Darktrace provide that feature. There are no on premise hardware deployments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend it. It is great security solution.

InsightIDR has helped a lot in business but mainly it helped to unify data single security view. it will track network resources users are working on and also their devices. It also tracks the cloud services they are using. It collects data from every stream from every possible place and bring them together at convenient place for you to analyze..

InsightIDR review by Sonakshi S.
Sonakshi S.

"Fast and easy implementation"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to implement and has provided tremendous value since day 1.With a single solution, we are now able to have visibility and monitoring of almost every asset on our network.And with the cloud agents, we also have the same visibility when laptops leave premises.The Rapid7 sales team was very easy to work with.They listened to our requirements,asked right questions and walked us through RFP process.

What do you dislike?

Not having a good way to manage agents installed on every asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend considering insightIDR's best things like its features are good but not only is insightiDR good for facilitating ease in security but also its sales team is best and helps you achieve best as per my experience so I recommend you to use insightIDR and join rapid7 family.

I am using insightIDR for implementing security solutions on premise applications and devices to improve visibility of workflow of the data and systems amongst system analysts.It has allowed us to get a deeper insights into the system usage.

InsightIDR review by Lucy S.
Lucy S.

"Hidden Prison for Attackers"

What do you like best?

The best feature about this software is it has fabulous encrypted firewall. Its way damn difficult to even trespass even gate level 2 security. And it has also great feature of managing huge data logs with no time. It is very hard for attackers to even guess the level of security because according to me the developers has taken the level way damn high hence I feel secured about my logs and passwords.

What do you dislike?

I have no points to dislike anything because it has checked all the points in my required list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would for sure recommend this spectacular software because it has saved my time and man power. And most importantly it has saved my data from vulnerable activites

Well my problem about changing the passwords very frequently has been solved due to creativity shown by developers in the security levels. And also managing of my data logs has been solved which was ache for me since ages.

InsightIDR review by Shiva R.
Shiva R.

"One of the best product by rapid7"

What do you like best?

I have been a Rapid7 customer for years and when I changed jobs last year,they were one of the first vendors I reached out to establish a relationship.Their sales team in very competent and they don't go throwing around sales buzzwords.Their support is top notch and Their roadmap is novel.I appreciate how after very little setup and insightIDR was providing insight to what is happening our environment and with very few tweaks to out-of-the-box rules.

What do you dislike?

I very rarely need to query events on my own because the built in rules are so good,but when I do,I find it a bit clunky

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to consider insightIDR for implementing security orchestration or automation and also its incidence response system is great.I am not telling this because I like it but because I really had good experience with it.

I am using insightIDR for implementing SOAR features for my application to make it more secured And I am a rapid7 fan so I prefer using InsightIDR.

InsightIDR review by Biswa A.
Biswa A.

"Detect Stealthy Behaviour of attackers."

What do you like best?

insightIDR is a well known security solution and I think it is the best one because sometimes it happens that any attacker who is good enough to crack through firewall can access your private data in a stealthy mode.Though that attacker is in the system you might not be aware of it,at that time insightIDR comes into usage.It deals with such stealthy behavior and tries to find out any unusual patterns and creates logs and alerts for it.So this way it is best.

What do you dislike?

I like its many features but still have nothing to dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations are that you should use insightIDR for your application and keep attackers and stealers away from your application and data.It is so powerful that it can even detect stealthy attackers which is a great advancement in security by insightIDR

I am using insightIDR to detect stealthy behaviors of the attackers and make sure that the data is secured.I was not using insightIDR priorly because of which we had certain privacy issues but since I started using insightIDR my application just worked flawlessly and we have been able to keep our application away from attackers and data stealers till now.

InsightIDR review by Silsa M.
Silsa M.

"Bring peer security tools togather"

What do you like best?

InsightiDR is an application that manages to bring all the peer security tools together and use all of their functionalities for securing a single application.This is the thing I like best about insightIDR.Suppose you are using one tool for securing firewall and would like to add another feature which adds a layer to firewall using another application.You can do this using insightIDR very easily and without any frustration so I like insightIDR.

What do you dislike?

The cost of insightIDR is high.but that can be compensated for its features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations to others considering insightIDR is that you should use it if you really want to use the best security tools all together using insightIDR.If you use only single security tool than you cannot get fully secured platform.you can use security features from multiple tools and secure your application using insightIDR.

I solve my various business problems such as integrating firewall and addon layer of firewall from another application togather.I have also used it for getting automation and AI security features from different applications bundled in one for securing my single application.

InsightIDR review by sonali t.
sonali t.

"Prevent Hackers using Advanced techniques"

What do you like best?

I like the whole idea of the application.It helps us to secure our cloud applications using various advanced features provided by insightIDR.You can use the advanced logging techniques to log the data.Use immediate automated response feature to respond to live breaches.It has great techniques to detect any anomaly in a smart way so that any hacker could not steal the data.Also you can log all the data and unify them into a single security log and analyze it.So I like this all features of InsightIDR.

What do you dislike?

I think the UI should be more attractive,other all things are fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend insight idr because it has certain benefits which can really affect the security and privacy of your application and help you to prevent privacy and data loss.I would personally recommend you to use the automate response on anomalies to create the live anomaly prevention so that you can improvise your security standards and prevent data being hacked in realtime.This is why I think you should start using insightIDR.

I am currently using insightIDR in my various running projects to deploy security solutions.Using insightIDR and some of the other applications I develop the firewalls for our application which can easily log every security anomalies as well as data breaches and also can alert and respond in near realtime to avoid loss of privacy.It has solved many of our problems.

InsightIDR review by Alexa M.
Alexa M.

"Investigate breaches much easily"

What do you like best?

Insight IDR has the state of the art technological features for security of your applications such as you can prioritize your searches and investigate the security breaches in an advanced and faster manner.Also suppose you want to react immediately and avoid attackers to breach your security than you can set an automated system which reacts and takes proper action and also help to transfer control to manual analyst if required so this are best things about insightIDR

What do you dislike?

I think the cost is high in accordance with similar softwares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend insightIDR to my colleagues for implementing security firewalls and immediate response automated systems mainly for preventing attackers from stealing valuable information and breaching them into the system.The main reason for my recommendation is that you can get daily reports on all the breaches and can provide available upgrade to your application by improvising the bug.So it can be proved as a useful solution.

I use it for integrating security features for my project or application on which I am working upon.I mainly use it whenever security is a major concern like where the attackers are more active in stealing valuable customer information.Using insightIDR we use it to implement automated system to avoid such hacks and attacks on our application.

InsightIDR review by Ishita M.
Ishita M.

"Get Setup Your Security using INSIGHTIDR"

What do you like best?

INSIGHT IDR helps you to setup your security tools for your application in every possible way.It easily helps you to setup incident detection and reaction on that automatically with least human interference.Also It helps you detect the breaches in the system and get a report for the same so that you can generate automatic update for your application.This are the things that I like about INSIGHTIDR.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike about INSIGHT IDR.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to others using insightIDR because it is a very good solution which can be accumulated with other available security solutions and make your software application a secured one and breaches free.It has an 30 day free trial which can be used to test its capabilities and you also get a detailed support from one of its customer executive for properly adding it to our application.

I use INSIGHT IDR with other security platforms by integrating them with each other and generate the best possible security automation solution for my application.I use it to automatically detect breaches and generate possible reports for the same.So it is a very valuable resource for our application.

InsightIDR review by Simarn P.
Simarn P.

"Helps ingestion and correlation of logs into actionable logs"

What do you like best?

The product has worked extremely well.The support responses received have been timely and accurate. The quick responding and intelligent professionals providing support to the platform.So I like all this about insightIDR.I also like its security orchestration and security automation which can be achieved through insightIDR.

What do you dislike?

Though insightIDR can ingest any log.The list of native log platforms is small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would recommend using insightIDR to all my colleagues and also to my friends because I have found insightIDR very much useful and not only is it good but it also has very great support from their customer service team.This is why I recommend insightIDR.

I am using insight idr for ingesting and correlating of logs into actionable logs.I have also used insightIDR for achieving security orchestration and security automation because it has made doing that much simple so we are using this platform for achieving security for our application.

InsightIDR review by Akash P.
Akash P.

"insightIDR"

What do you like best?

insightIDR comes with log sources for analysis which contains logs and user context data from active directory and, logs from endpoint security solutions. It also supports user behavior profile models such as Machine Learning, Statistical models, Rules and signature based modeling and out of the box analytics models for different use cases.

What do you dislike?

It comes up with many features which are required for a good security solutions but it doesn't have some good functionalities such as Role based reports on dashboard for example: manager, IT admins. It also doesn't support integration with incidence response tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this security tool to other security industry developers and users as it provides smart analysis using machine learning and anomaly detection.

We implemented events alert mechanism suing insightIDR which uses machine learning and anomaly detection which helps to moderate a huge amount of data over such a large user database.

InsightIDR review by Tom H.
Tom H.

"Best Incident Detection and Response Service"

What do you like best?

Rapid's InsightIDR is equipped with live log search from which we are able to detect behavior behind the breaches . And the best part of log visualization is that anybody can use it without the degree of data scientist . It automatically identifies risky users and misconfigurations after adding in data sources . Also the sophisticated dashboard are also very useful .

What do you dislike?

I find it annoying to query events on my own . Even the built in rules are good but sometimes custom queries are needed and it makes the solution very difficult .

Recommendations to others considering the product

According to the size , budget of the company choose SIEM solution . InsightIDR sales and contract portion was good and simple .

We use InsightIDR to track suspicious activities as it informs user or organisation about the security flaws so that user can take precaution to prevent the hackers .

InsightIDR review by Amit S.
Amit S.

"insightIDR"

What do you like best?

Rapid&'s insightIDR arrives with numerous functionalities. It has great reports and dashboards platform which includes built-in real time alerts, cutomizable notification and forensics with drill down capabilities. It also provides various integration options such as SIEM, IAM and DLP.

What do you dislike?

insightIDR is probably most fit for an incident response tool but it too has some negative points such as it does not provide integration with other 3rd party incidence response tools. It also lags in featuring role based reports for example: manager, admin etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product as it satisfies most of the requirements of the security industry and also good option if we see from pricing point of view.

We used insightIDR advane threat analytics for the data which actually resides on the cloud and also implemented fool-proof cloud computing security.

InsightIDR review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Mature and ready for a small team!"

What do you like best?

My team is very small (myself and my manager), so we needed something that was easy to use (and USEFUL) out of the box. We didn't mind tweaking and adjusting things, but there had to be some very quick turn around. And we couldn't dedicate a person to just manage our SIEM, like Arcsight needs. We like the cooperation of on-premises and cloud operations, along with the in-app documentation for investigations ("Notes").

What do you dislike?

There are some investigations that are unnecessary for our case. For example, we could tell the system that UserX is allowed to login remotely to any system (used for sysadmins). But we couldn't say that SystemX should be accessible by any user in the domain, and to stop alerting on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get as many log sources as you can into this. The more data it can use, the better it works.

We can see multiple sources of event data, and it correlates this across all other sources. We have caught numerous attack attempts, and used it to justify our ongoing Multi-Factor Authentication project.

InsightIDR review by Silva N.
Silva N.

"Easy deployment and immediate benefits"

What do you like best?

It has the great value for price.InsightIDR is a core component of SOC.Plug log collectors directly behind our splunk platforms,instead of dual log forwarding.The best things about insightIDR are correlation rules,its simplicity and the effective UI.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about insightIDR because it is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am surely recommending using insightIDR.I started using it before and then made sure that all my security team members start using this because it has the best security orchestration and security automation.So I also recommend using it to you.

I am using insightIDR as the core component for SOC and implementing the security solutions for our applications. The insightIDR is making our work much simpler and making our security team work easy.So we are using InsightiDR at my office.

InsightIDR review by Anish A.
Anish A.

"insightIDR"

What do you like best?

InsightIDR comes with onsite premises and cloud deployment options. It allows integration with log collection from Saas apps through connectionrs, SIEM, IAM and DLP. It has amazing reports and dashboards feature which includes built-in incidence response and workflow management. It also provides visibility into peer and user groups via reports and dashboards.

What do you dislike?

It does not support statistical, deep learning and baselining user behavior models. It also don't have support for meta data from electronic mail log.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product as it matches with most of the requirements at affordable price to implement cloud security and incident response management.

we implemented threat detection, SOAR and incident response management using Rapid7's insightIDR .

InsightIDR review by Graham W.
Graham W.

"InsightIDR - Quick , Centralized SIEM Solution ."

What do you like best?

Understanding IDR has given us profitable knowledge for heightening of benefits. Where different layers of security has fizzled, Insight IDR triggers against a portion of the best infiltration analyzers. The interface is simple and the reports are decent . Rapid7 has turned into a colleague for us. They regard us as an esteemed accomplice and tune in to our contribution for existing and future items. On the off chance that we recognize an agony point, they are occupied with giving an answer for resolve the torment point.

What do you dislike?

Lightweight, simple to send. Arrangement is sensible, yet give all that we require. Rapid7 is a genuine colleague and not only a merchant who is keen on marking an arrangement. Needs some minor touch ups. Cautions say "Verified" when in actuality it was a fizzled endeavor. Would be decent on the off chance that it could separate with the goal that the automatic responses of "That record is imperiled you should change the secret word currently" could be maintained a strategic distance from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest considering insightIDR's best things like its highlights are great however not exclusively is insightiDR useful for encouraging straightforwardness in security yet in addition its business group is ideal and causes you accomplish best according to my experience so I prescribe you to utilize insightIDR and join rapid7 family. I would without a doubt suggest this terrific programming since it has spared my chance and labor. Also, in particular it has spared my information from powerless activites

We were sufficiently blessed to not have spent a gigantic measure of cash on prior SIEM arrangements which were costly and almost difficult to convey.

InsightIDR review by Shreya M.
Shreya M.

"Instance Notification of Attack"

What do you like best?

A perfect example of security firewall. It has benefitted me by all means. It has helped me to detect the local attackers very swiftly and hence now I am free from unwanted troubles. Before using this appliction I was using another software in which there was no proper incident response and also it took a lot of time to find even the local attackers which was the core feature of that software. InsightIDR classy feature which I liked mostly is it can detect endpoint attacker and can also analyse automatically their behaviour with prefect comparison feature.

What do you dislike?

Well I dont have dislike about the software. But yes they can add some other feature in the futre updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The techies who are getting hurdles to detect the malicious activity or attack on live time basis than this is the right choice for them. For the rest feature too they are all very useful but for me my main issue about detection of attackers has been solved premanently.

My solo concern was detecting the attackers on instance live time basis which this software is doing automatically. And just on one click I can find the varied attackers if found with their addresses. Now I am also able to stop the attack on my data by this software as it can study and find the suspicous behaviour and if found it blocks it automatically.

InsightIDR review by Samuel H.
Samuel H.

"Advanced Security Solutions"

What do you like best?

I like things like automation and security orchestration about insightIDR.It also has best in class incident response system.Using smart incident response system you can easily direct your application to react on alerts and set them manually also.So it has many things to like about it.Moreover it has a free trial option through which you can test it and then purchase

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike about insightIDR.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using insightIDR for developing advanced security solution for your application.It has various things which are best and are not found in any other.Also you should get best support from the other peers and customer support from insightIDR so it is good to use.

I use insightIDR for solving my security problems of our application.Our application has data of various clients which is private and so its our duty to protect it.I tried various solutions but finally I got the best one-InsightIDR.I have used it for inserting automated event detection and response and also security orchestration using InsightIDR in my application.

InsightIDR review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Honey Web for Attackers"

What do you like best?

The best part about the software is it has such an awesome trap for the attacker that there traces are easily found. hence due to that I am able to track them and secure my data. Also managing of data logs is no more problem. It is all automated and done without manual efforts.

What do you dislike?

I believe no user would dislike any of its features if he/she has ever used it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this software to all the organisations as it has marvelous features about the secuirty level.

My main concern was about the security of my data which has been re-solved for forever. I get immediate alerts about the threats or any suspicious activity if occurred and that too with the priority level. And hence due to this I have been successful to avoid unwanted vulnerable activites. And I can allot my as well as my sub ordinates time in to other fruitful task. Its a mutli tasker guide for me as it helps in searching logs from the bunch of data on live time basis if required which is also a time saving feature.

InsightIDR review by Sikandar K.
Sikandar K.

"Rapid7's insightIDR"

What do you like best?

insightIDR provides different log sources for analysis such as logs from endpoint security solutions, logs and user context data from user directory, native agent based log collection from Os etc.It comes with both the deployment options: on-site and cloud.In addition, it has great scalability strength as it processes more than 20 million events from our infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't provide baselining user behavior model as it cannot identify users that are suspicious from the starting during profiling period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to all the users out there in security or incident response environment.

Using this tool we built a security alerting program which includes IDR driven patching implementing IVM.

InsightIDR review by Gary G.
Gary G.

"Rapid's insightIDR - simple yet elegant "

What do you like best?

InsightIDR is used for incident detection , response and authentication monitoring . Licensing is straightforward . The ability to ingest office 365 files then process them into events and display them on a map . This feature is useful . It shows who are the users who have been phished . Also intelligent alerting to avoid the common problem of fatigue associated with traditional SIEMs .

What do you dislike?

After contract signing the attention towards the organisation reduces .

Recommendations to others considering the product

The technical support of rapid7's InsightIDR is awesome and the initial setup is straightforward .

For automated actions based on the output of the reports and thus leaving extra time for other critical issues .

InsightIDR review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Security at it's best"

What do you like best?

With insight, I feel like we have absolutely nothing to worry about. When my company was using them, we never had any problems! Our server crashed one day, and still...nothing to worry about. This company is one of the best. I loved that they offer a free trial, while we were in our shopping period.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything! If I have to put something, maybe the cost could be a little lower, but other than that, no complaints!

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A everyone is looking for their own thing. Shop around and see what is best for you. If you are a bigger company, I would look around, smaller/just starting out, insight is perfect!!

We are solving our network security, making sure everything stays safe. I have noticed that with insight, they find the problem, before it finds you, which makes life run a little smoother.

InsightIDR review by User

"Incident Detection and Response"

What do you like best?

I like the best as it detects the incidents automatically and then send the responses to the mail in users so that every one of them will be aware of that incident.

What do you dislike?

Until now I have liked everything but when it comes in to reality like implementation we would know some difficulties that is what we dislike it..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good reviews and also the product support is very good as per the recommendation

We are trying to solve the Incident response and handling when ever the people are in offline so in future we would go a to a high extent to make it automated for all the problems

InsightIDR review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"InsightIDR is a great SIEM/incident response tool. "

What do you like best?

Insight does some great things - it collects all the information you need for security incidents innone place and allows you to prioritize that response

What do you dislike?

That it must run on a windows machine, for some companies this is a non-starter - it uses Active Directory to match resources to incidents

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only non-starter was the AD/Windows requirement - otherwise this is a fantastic product!

InsightIDR helps you process your potential incidents and breaches - it is an invaluable too to do so

InsightIDR review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"InsightIDR pros n cons.."

What do you like best?

Very intuitive tool, with very detailed dashboards and can be integrated with most enterprise systems

What do you dislike?

Custom integration with APIs is kind of troublesome sometimes, client side APIs r not much feature rich.

Real time issue management, ticket analysis, indepth root cause analysis.

InsightIDR review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Excellent threat protection software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, cost, integration with blockchain platform. Analytics. dashboard

What do you dislike?

There is no feature that i disliked in this product

Learning about InsightIDR?

* We monitor all InsightIDR reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.