Insightly CRM

Insightly CRM

Insightly CRM is a tool for managing your contacts and related organisations, partners, vendors and suppliers. Insightly has a project management system built right in.

Work for Insightly CRM?

Learning about Insightly CRM?

Insightly CRM Reviews

Ask Insightly CRM a Question
Showing 400 Insightly CRM reviews
Insightly CRM review by Rob J.
Rob J.

"Perfect for any small business ... or medium? "

What do you like best?

I really like the features that Insightly offers to those who use it for the free version. You can enter a lot of data and be functional as a small business. We used it for two years on the free version and finally had to upgrade. We upgraded because we knew what we were getting and I couldn't find anything better for the price. You can add fields, edit fields, create reports, etc. Insightly also integrates with IFFFT (If This Then That)...so when I enter in a new lead, it will populate the lead (contact info) in to MailChimp in to a specific folder that will be an automated email campaign.

What do you dislike?

When we upgraded, we expected more features. There were some, but one that would have been helpful is having the use of the Dashboard feature they now have. Seeing everything at a glance would be helpful. It is not available for the first tier of pricing. Having that rolled out, but not available to me (even as a paid subscription) frustrated me.

Also, it's so complicated and deep that there are several features I do not use...but probably should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it using the trial version (free version). They have come a long way since they started. I've seen them improve a lot of abilities of the software and take feedback seriously. We're using the Plus version.

Managing lead, opportunities, and projects. This allows me to do all of this. Converting to a project is super easy and most information populates directly over.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Insightly CRM
Insightly CRM review by Alexandra L.
Alexandra L.

"No More Accidently Forgetting to Get Back to Clients"

What do you like best?

Follow up emails, different checklists, and the iPhone app makes it easy to stay on top of your tasks. Prior to this software, it was easier to accidentally forget to contact a customer or let a lead slip away. The software helps you keep on top of the project/lead. I also like that I can stay up to date with how far I have to go to reach a goal.

What do you dislike?

The email function can get a little confusing. The other thing that maybe it is just user error, is that instead of sending me 1 notification, I get 3 notifications each time via my email. If there was a way to change that it would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best part of this app for me is customer relations and staying on top of leads and etc.

Staying on top of tasks.

Customer Relations.

Monitoring Goals.

Inputting Customer Contact Information.

What CRM solution do you use?

Insightly CRM review by Silke B.
Silke B.

"Great, just seems a little bit cumbersome at times"

What do you like best?

I find it easy keeping track of all the 'actions' and tasks e.g. emails, calls, proposals, linking those to tasks and creating opportunities. It is useful to have this linked to individual contacts with the prospect/client. It's very intuitive and easy to use, even when you don't have much time to spend on business development. Not sure what else as I'm not using it on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There are just slightly too many clicks between organisations and contacts and actions/tasks etc.i.e. the navigation can be a little cumbersome. Selecting records for follow-up could be improved or made easier so that you don't have to set up a task every time you want to put in a follow-up call to a prospect you have spoken to. For small businesses it is ideal as the entry price is cheap. I would have preferred not to be given all the functionality to test during the one month trial as it then tied me into buying and paying for an annual subscription. When you start out as a new business, the free use initially is invaluable, there are still plenty opportunities to charge for 'upgrades' and additional services at a later stage when a business is slightly more established and can afford to pay for a CRM system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider integration with mail chimp

mainly prospecting, started with a free version but then had to sign up to monthly/annual fee which was a little disappointing

Insightly CRM review by Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.

"Easy to use, and always works "

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly. I always find it easy to get through my day with a checkoff list. This product has helped me. I will always recommend it to others. I also like that it is color coordinated and I can organize other tasks to other co-workers of mine. It makes it easy to switch tasks and deleted them as well. The program is great to use on your phone too. I sometimes use it when im doing projects off site, it works just as well, I never lose information or misplace it on a certain list.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that sometimes it takes a while fo it to update on my end. I want something that is really fast, but I do think that sometimes its my wifi. Maybe there is a wifi that can be used to better the connection. that is something that the company can talk about with its clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it is easy to use, and it helps with both large and small teams! And it is also inexpensive. One of the best products we have!

I am able to organize my information better, and it helps me plan my day. I strive on organization and I think this took has been one of my strongest. I also like that it is easy to go back and make changes. It also takes away from the he says she says, because there is always a receipt.

Insightly CRM review by Andrés S.
Andrés S.

"Complete yet no-frills system. Simple enough for new users, good mobile app."

What do you like best?

What I like best of Insightly is that it has many functions and you can easily "link" different items without any weird constraints other systems have. The web browser based interface is good, looks nice and is pretty responsive (fast). Lastly, I love the fact that they have an API for those who would like to use their own solution to access the data.

What do you dislike?

Even though I love Insightly and have used it for over 3 years, on an organization with 9 people, and that so far I have no plans to switch to another system, the backup options are ridiculous, to say the least: There is no option to back up your data. Period.

You can export most of your data and receive it in XML format, but that data cannot be reimported again to Insightly. They offer that if there is some kind of "data disaster" they can work on a case-by-case basis but no promises at all.

You can export most of your data, but re-build an Insightly installation from another one is simply not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be fully aware that disaster recovery is almost non-existent. If you are in contact with their sales people, bring up that point. For most people, it will be a deal breaker. For me it is a major source of stress but not a deal breaker and hencefort use and enjoy the system. I truly hope nothing ever happens to our data or I would be in deep trouble I know.

Handle leads, opportunities and projects. Manage contacts, store most business-related emails (including their attachments).

Insightly CRM review by Nicholas D.
Nicholas D.

"Excellent tool that has really helped our team stay on the same page. "

What do you like best?

I have really appreciated the automated workflows that Insightly has afforded us going from opportunity to project and creating tasks based on where things are in the process.

It has also really helped us keep track of certain subsets of clients that require certain actions with Tags. For instance, we have a set of clients with the Maintenance tag that requires us to perform maintenance tasks on their projects periodically. Insightly allows us to assign the task, have a record for when it was performed, and send out an email to those contacts after it has been completed.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile app was a little more robust. It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone.

Insightly helps us stay organized around our project and client communication. More and more, we're able to increase our workload efficiently so that we can increase our productivity, but still maintain the same level of customer service.

Insightly CRM review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Insightly Suprises Me By Being a Top Notch CRM!"

What do you like best?

I utilize about 10 different CRMs in my office. I just started using Insightly and find it to be an incredibly fluid experience. It is intuitive, responsive, offers a ton of functionality, and is easily one of the best $/value CRMs available.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not like the color that Insightly has set as their theme color. Like a rusted orange. Realistically this is not a huge drawback and gives them an iconic look but it would be phenomenal if I could change the color scheme. I bet I probably can but I just do not know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales teams. Very easy to use and is very cost effective especially for larger teams just starting or offices planning to scale quickly

Testing our integration with Insightly and practicing using it for normal sales team usage. I think that the list view in the new Insightly version is amazing. You can view a giant list and simultaneously have a specific contact open. This creates an extraordinarily clean workflow where you really only need 1 tab open - instead of 50. You can even adjust the window size. It's something that most other CRM's (as far as I know) really neglect. This in itself makes Insightly great for prospecting/lead generation but also account management.

Insightly CRM review by Arpan S.
Arpan S.

"A cheap alternative to a CRM like Hubspot... but its good on Mobile.."

What do you like best?

As advertised Insightly manages projects and tracks contacts, communications, sales, projects, tasks and documents in a single platform. It performs nicely on mobile but does not hold up well on a web-based browser. Also the ability to integrate with many popular software such as mailchimp and Dropbox can be very useful.

What do you dislike?

Support. Support. Support. Although this is cheaper than going with something like HubSpot CRM, I would have to say HubSpot is far more superior. I was having a bit of issues with the interface and integrations, and could not get a hold of anyone for the longest while. When I finally did I was told to wait and be transferred to someone else where the phone line just cut off randomly. Tried several times after that to no avail. Gave up and moved on to Hubspot and never looked back. The software itself is not bad for the price, but the support is horrendous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth trying out just to see if its a fit with your company, as the price is very reasonable. However be very patient with their support... If you are looking for a quick seamless integration with something a bit easier to understand, then go for HubSpot.

Mainly used for project management purposes. I would also track contacts, but did not use it for very long. I still sometimes go on the account to see if they have made significant changes.

Insightly CRM review by Jeanna C.
Jeanna C.

"Good for the Basics"

What do you like best?

Insightly has a free use version up to a certain amount of entries and it really helps start-ups/small businesses who need something simple.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that after the free use version the price is above what one would expect for the layout and functionality. It seems to freeze-up often and/or some of the features are inconsistent when using; ie trying to save a company profile to a task and it randomly will not save on any given day.

It is time-consuming to connect tasks, companies, etc to a record, a faster/easier way to do this would add value and save time for the user.

It is not as smooth as other CRM's out there. The look/design and integrations are lacking for us as we grow larger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insightly is a good starter CRM, but the pricing is a bit high for what it is vs. other CRM's with more integrations and automations. It is worth signing up for the free trial and good for basic uses.

Our business utilizes Insightly as a basic CRM storing customer basic information, tracking pipelines and task functionality. We have benefitted, pre-subscription pricing of $15 per user, per month, with the free version up to a certain amount of entries. Insightly helped us decide what we did and did not need for our company specifically, by being small business friendly. The basic features and basic theme make it easy to train staff for basic users' needs.

Insightly CRM review by Jessica A.
Jessica A.

"Excellent Product "

What do you like best?

I like the streamlined process of each category and how easy it is to add each new item.

What do you dislike?

There are almost too many options it can sometimes seem overwhelming where to start, especially with reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the basic package and move up from there as you learn the program. You need to spend the time working with the program and going through each category in order to use it to it's full potential. Don't be afraid to ask the support team questions and they will do their best to help you.

We are able to retain client data in one spot for everyone to use, it saves us time and improves communication within our team. We're able to specifically target clients for existing and new sales. This program is helping us make more money and keep track of all the work we do.

Insightly CRM review by Megan P.
Megan P.

"Love Insightly"

What do you like best?

I like that everyone in the office can communicate in an open forum style and we can add messages to tickets as we go along. We use all that insightly has to offer. Including pipelines. I am usually the one who learns the upgrades and relays messages on.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have some sort of spell check function in insightly. I understand that this crm is used in multiple countries which would make it difficult to have an accurate spell check. But I miss apostrophes a lot. and I think that would be helpful for me.

Phone messages and walk ins are the most easily mis interpreted of all in our office. Insightly holds everyone accountable for inputting and returning calls. It also makes it easy to connect a contact or organization to the message right away.

Insightly CRM review by Tina V.
Tina V.

"Insightly : Uncomplicated CRM"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Insightly has to be the tagging feature - intuitive & simple to implement. Many of our contacts provide little information, so being able to describe them & categorise them via tags allows us to pull up relevant contacts with a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

When I log in, the 'new user' popup window always displays, suggesting I watch the Welcome Video, the Tutorial Video, or complete the New User Tasks - I've been using Insightly for years! However, considering that our small business utilises Insightly's entirely 'free' option, we really are quite pleased with the level of performance that this web-based software offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the different contact & lead functions, there is a lot of useful synchronicity across the platform!

Insightly provides an easy reference for staff - many of our contacts provide little more than their name & a phone number or email; tagging allows us to enter a great deal of useful, searchable information. We are considering implementing mailing lists, so the features there are something we are looking over & pleased to have as an option.

Insightly CRM review by Dinos H.
Dinos H.

"Great tool, quick and valuable"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, and intuitive interface.It is just very easy to understand the processes involved, the key elements and how they all work together.

Also the search function and filters are very fast and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool is great but is more complicated to get to know. There are many reports available but in order to get what you really need, you need to create your own. It is slightly more complicated so maybe a quick tutorial on the page would help get the users on boarded with this process.

Another thing that could be improved is the ability to hide nodes that we don't use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with basic functionality first and then add on to it.

Project management and maintaining an overview of our clientele. We maintain and keep our projects up to date on a daily basis. This helps us instantly see how many are open, ongoing and also what budgets, costs and expenses are involved.

Insightly CRM review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Absolutely excellent CRM however gets some basics wrong"

What do you like best?

THe UX is very simple which promotes adoption, and core features are best in class for the price tag. The tag system and easy Zapier integration mean that advanced functionality can be achieved at a very reasonable price. Integration with Mailchimp is also a huge win.

What do you dislike?

No backup functionality or contact version history is a big one issue for me. There is a 'recycle bin' for deleted contacts or orgs, but it is very hard to see who is editing what, and if there is a big cock up (ie. someone rewriting tags in bulk by accident), you can't see how or when this was done, or roll it back. As an admin there isn't much in the way of monitoring or oversight. It would be great to set warning thresholds, ie if x action takes place, let the admin know. There is an active community, with a 'new features' section New features being added seem to be arbitrary and not what is best for the organisation. Things that get pushed to the top are quite niche.

There are some really simple wins that the team could roll out, there is 2 way calendar sync, what would be amazing is if insightly scraped attendees from meetings and added these to 'events' against each contact. Such a simple thing to do but would make a world of difference to our account teams and save countless man hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Clease data carefully before editing, be careful who you assign licences to as no backup functionality makes this far riskier.

A single source of truth across our org, i've managed to automate lead generation on our website via zapier, yearly NPS survey results are mapped to contacts which is brilliant. Mailchimp syncs contacts tagged to different lists. Massive time savings across the board.

Insightly CRM review by Natalia B.
Natalia B.

"Natalia's Insightly Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it keeps all the contacts as well as their details in one place.

I also like how it integrates with other systems that I use. For me, it's a one-stop shop to view partners, details, and all related purchasing and pricing of materials sold as well as potential sales.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no recovery for contacts that were deleted. This has caused me and my colleagues to have to do a lot of legwork if contacts are accidentally deleted. I hope that contact recovery is a feature that you will consider in the near future as it truly helps

It has helped me to understand where and how communication is thriving and/or lacking, depending on the situation.

Insightly CRM review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Free Platform CRM for Small Biz Users"

What do you like best?

Free platform. Endless supports from the developer, I had an easy time talking to the customer rep and this is something new other CRM software offers to "free user" This is amazing customer service. I found this very surprising product coming from the small company. Lots of functions are included in the platform.

What do you dislike?

The UI seems to be really cluttered and overall layout needs major clean up. I understand developers want to add many functions but they added too many functions into the platform. No worthy features compare to other competing CRM products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Small business will find this platform very useful. Zero dollars paid so far on this service. Although I'm looking to use the premium feature.

Organizing the list of the customers and sales revenue as well as the sales target.

Everything about the sales and the sales perspectives is the very powerful tool for us. I don't have a lot of human resources in our company so this is very useful tool for our everyday business.

Insightly CRM review by Valentina S.
Valentina S.

"Great for a Small Business!"

What do you like best?

We use insightly every day it helps us to be more organized and to keep track of our progress. Insightly is a great tool to communicate and share files with project managers and office managers. Its a great way to view progress on current projects. The open calendar was another great way to keep track of the projects progress. It is user friendly and intuitive tools so it’s easy to invite new users, customize features, and secure data. Insightly also features an integrated project management at every stage of engagement with the customer. They can view recent activities and track project performance and progress against your preset timeline. create project milestones, pipelines and tasks; set automated email alerts; and track email correspondence. Overall I give Insightly 10/10 Powerful CRM tool for small sized business with great features.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say what I dislike because it is one of the best CRMs out there. But one thing I personally disliked was the look and layout can be a bit improved. It can be some what complicated to figure out at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free trial is a great way to make the decision to use insighltly for your business.

We are able to communicate better. The projects are going more smoothly and things can be done much quicker. Great tool that keeps us organized and up to date with project managers, customers, office managers and current projects.

Insightly CRM review by Tara R.
Tara R.

"Easiest way to connect with clients!"

What do you like best?

I love how I can easily write emails, check notes, check info, and see if my emails have been read on Insightly. It's all right there and I can easily create templates that insert the customers name when just sending out the template. It's absolutely fantastic! Also, knowing the percentage rate of my emails being opened if a good feature. And it tells me where they are being opened from.

What do you dislike?

That there is no way to delete multiple tasks at a time. Now, I have to delete each one by one and it is time consuming. I feel the option would increase productivity. I do also dislike that you have to pay extra for scheduled emails. And that there is a message cap that can be hit if multiple employees of a company can hit. And it can really get in the way of trying to get my tasks done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a great way to keep track of things and connect with customers, then this is for you.

Sending emails easily. It is so very easy to send them. And everything is right in front of me. Also, seeing if my emails are being read by customers is a great feature. And it tells me the percentage that my templates are being opened at. Which is really great to know! So, I need to know if I need a better subject line or not.

Insightly CRM review by Vincent N.
Vincent N.

"Solid sensible online solution but not as good as it claims"

What do you like best?

Insightly lets me put everything in one place, so it is really easy to feel confident that my contact database is complete. It allows me to know who I have contacted when and about what so this is useful.

What do you dislike?

There are two things. Insightly does not actually give you a CRM workflow - you have to create that for yourself and put it on top. So it is not actually as intuitive as it could be. Second I had an instance when a lot of the tagging that I did on my contacts vanished and the helpline said it must have been something I did. I am sure it wasn't but I felt this was pretty unhelpful given that if you want to get any useful information you need to use tagging quite carefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look around

So far the main problem insightly has solved is to give me a single place to manage my customer and target interactions. That said I am not yet convinced that it is adding much beyond my gmail account. I am not sure I have any really tangible benefits yet - that said I would have to admit that I am very new to the disciplined use of CRM so this is probably at least half my fault.

Insightly CRM review by Bruce H.
Bruce H.

"Very good starter CRM"

What do you like best?

Has adequate features, even on the free tier. As a starting real estate agent, there are already enough costs we have to incur, so having a starter plan that would not cost any money at first was an important consideration.

It was very easy to get started by importing CSVs of our existing contact lists.

Customizable and flexible. For example, I can create custom lead sources to track ROI on my advertising methods. Tagging also allows categorization of nearly any factor, such as which Facebook group I met a lead in.

Linking records allows us to keep track of which projects a particular contact - escrow agent or mortgage broker, for example - worked with us on.

The mobile app allows us to quickly look up contact information and history while on the road, as well as add or edit notes.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there were a way to create a "Customers" list that is separate from Contacts. This can be approximated using tags, but I would rather have them on their own list.

Leads do not have the linking features that other records (contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects) do. I'd like to be able to link a lead to the contact that referred them, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check out their user forums for tips on using and customizing it to your needs.

We (my wife and I) are real estate agents using it to maintain contact information, cross-reference records, and track lead nurturing and conversion.

Insightly CRM review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"Insightly meets almost all our needs for a CRM"

What do you like best?

Insightly allows for multiple users and customized fields. By far 2 of our favorite options. We can have different owners assigned to clients and track both by client and by owner. We can also tag what we can't field.

What do you dislike?

Does not include a docusign or similar option for contracting. This is one feature that I think would really elevate the product. However, it may be included in a higher level of service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insightly is constantly adding and adapting. Their training is also excellent.

First of all, general client tracking and management. We can keep track of multiple lines of clients, potentials, business contacts and project management as we choose. We can set up reminders for followup which shows up as an email when the time is up.

Insightly CRM review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"A giant step down from any other CRM. Lacking basic functionality. Not intuitive whatsoever."

What do you like best?

The sidebar navigation makes a lot of sense, and that is about it.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard capability is awful! Onboarding was terrible. Seems like it a product that would be a step up from an excel sheet but a giant step down from any other CRM. Charts often contain different number forms so understanding them at a glance is very challenging. Their "SmartMerge" is the worst dedupe tool I have ever seen, it looks only at first and last name, and if they are the same, it recommends the contact be merged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a CRM that provides basic, opportunity tracking Insightly will be great for you. If you are looking for a tool that also provides business intelligence data. Stay away.

I am trying to solve the problem of implementing a CRM to manage our sales pipeline as well as the projects we are helping our clients with.

Insightly CRM review by Audree L.
Audree L.

"Basic but good for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The feature I like the most about Insightly is how much you can customize it. Instead of having a specific process for using the application, you can create your own templates, pipelines, categories etc. This way it adapts to the different ways people work. I am also a fan of how you can link anything to anything (contact to business, or contact to opportunity for example). I also like how it's overall very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The "Leads" feature came a bit later, and it's not super smooth. For example, when converting a Lead to a Contact, you lose information you entered previously, like their Title.

Insightly does not seem to be very good at detecting duplicate entries.

I also do not use it to manage projects, it's way too basic and does not offer any visibility.

It's also a bit pricey for a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try other softwares before using insightly, because if you leave, you will lose a good chunk of your data (ie, Hugspot cannot import the relationships you created between entities and contacts/opportunities etc). So if you sign up, be sure it's the applicatin you want to stick with.

As a business owner, I mainly use Insightly to keep track of opportunities (potential projects, RFPs). That way each year I can do a little report and see what worked, what generated the most revenue etc. We also use it for our cold emailing campaigns. I designed a process for running campaigns, wrote documentation, implemented it in insightly, then I can let employees fly with it. It's simple enough for someone who is not the most tech-y person.

Insightly CRM review by Administrator

"Concise, intuitive and friendly Customer Relationship Management system for everyone"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to connect every contact, lead, organization to everything within the CRM system. I can connect contacts to organizations, organizations to other organizations and quickly convert leads into contacts. The feature I enjoy most is creating customized pipelines and tasks for our customer service department to follow as we on board on customers. Custom fields are a great feature too! We can track specific things we are asking or looking for from our customers.

What do you dislike?

The Insightly brand colors, I wish I could customize the look and feel when I enter the software. I don't like the running list on the dashboard when you first log in and see everyone's activity. I'd like to see the over all changes made then drill down further into user's activity to see what progress they are making.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up all processes and tasks before you deploy throughout the company and do individual training for departments on how to use their sections and processes.

On boarding our customers in a timely fashion while providing structure and processes for our employees. Now our employees can follow a process that is automated and reduces the human error effect.

We are now able to train employees quicker through set up of pipelines, activity sets, tasks and applying deadlines to each task.

Insightly CRM review by Amy C.
Amy C.

"Gets the job done - keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The mobile app and the company's commitment to development are my favorite things about Insightly. As far as CRMs go, the functionality is pretty basic. That said, this year Insightly has rolled out several updates with functions that are improving the usability of the system.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is weak within the system. I have to export data and manipulate it in Excel spreadsheets to get the reporting that is useful for me. There's no way to manage resource allocations in a way to ensure staff members on projects and activities are not over or under allocated. Both would be useful additions.

The system is used company wide from initial lead capture through completed projects. We are able to quickly review sales pipelines, see, at a glance, the status of proposals to identify bottlenecks. As a project manager, I have created custom views that allow me to run reports to determine our anticipated production revenues by month. I can easily assign tasks to production members to help me stay on top of the dozens of projects we have working simultaneously each month.

Insightly CRM review by Linda P.
Linda P.

"Easiest way to connect with clients!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy how I may easily compose emails, check notes, verify info, and see when my emails have recently been read on Insightly. Is actually all right there in addition to I may easily create web templates that insert the consumers name when just mailing out the template. Is actually absolutely fantastic! Also, realizing the percentage rate regarding my emails being exposed if a good characteristic. And it tells myself where they are getting opened from.

What do you dislike?

I actually honestly do not just like the color that Insightly has set his or her style color. Like a corroded orange. Realistically this is usually not a massive drawback in addition to gives them an famous look but it can be phenomenal if I may replace the color scheme. I actually gamble I probably could but I just carry out not know how.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check out their consumer forums for tips upon using and customizing this to your needs.

To present the key problem insightly provides solved is to offer me an individual destination to control my customer and target interactions. That said I am not yet convinced that it is adding much beyond my gmail account. I am not sure I have any really tangible benefits yet - that said I would have to admit that I am very new to the disciplined utilization of CRM so this is probably at least half my fault.

Insightly CRM review by Travis R.
Travis R.

"Simple to use and have many great tools"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the program. It has a very short learning curve and has all the tools you will need to keep notes on your clients.

What do you dislike?

Not sure. I know other expensive programs have automated email campaigns that you can run within the program to help you keep reaching out to prospects, not sure if unsightly does or not from what I have used. But that is when the other programs start getting too confusing.

Being able to chart note and look up notes that I have on each client quickly from either my computer or phone really helps me prepare for phone conversations since it impresses the client that I remember certain things that we have discussed in the past.

Insightly CRM review by Nelly A.
Nelly A.

"Fantastic for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

There are so many super helpful features. One of the best is the integration with gmail. I can create, catalog, update info right from gmail. Also, the reminder features has saved me many times when remembering to followup with proposals.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The custom field are really important and I could those a little difficult to understand where they would show up and how they were grouped.

It is so important to remember to followup on proposals as well as remember details about your clients. I put contract anniversary dates in the reminders and reach out to my clients to let them know we are celebrating an anniversary. It is a great way to keep connected and connect for more business.

Insightly CRM review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"Huge Value Compared to Competition"

What do you like best?

The CRM tool is incredibly is super easy

What do you dislike?

Only things is sometimes have to refresh

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with Insightly. It is free, so from there you can figure out if it is correct for you.

I use the Insightly CRM tool for all my customer contact info, order management, task management, reminders...everything. I shopped several CRM providers for my small business and most were either geared towards long sales process (consulting, project management, etc.) firms or heavy e-commerce businesses. Insightly is a general CRM that I could launch quickly and use within minutes to help my business. If I want to incorporate a bell or whistle that Insightly offers I can, not forced to make things complicated. At $15/month...could not be beat.

Insightly CRM review by Domenic P.
Domenic P.

"Your work will be organized"

What do you like best?

I can look at contact’s connection history. Very easy to control events and tasks, media profiles. Without any stress. I can manage sales possibility and projects.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any cons. Every day I'm working with it so I found it so helpful. So great for customers to contact them. Actually simply easy to use and have everything that we need for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for small business. Will helps you with the sales process. Will be not so hard to control. Everything is clear and understandable.I recommend it.

We can create more convincing. Gives way to make a more clients connection. Ability to use and to track leads anywhere where I can be. We like every step of that product.

Insightly CRM review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"One one stop for all customer related information."

What do you like best?

I like that Insightly keeps me organized with all my contacts, projects and current quotes. Whether I am in building the business in the office or on the road visiting customers, I can find the contact info I need and double check on the status of various projects all in one spot. No need to flip back and forth between email, and hard drives. No worries about key information being on a different computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I am adding new contacts some of the fields are not activated (like title). I cannot seem to correct this issue once it happens. It seems to happen most often when I am uploading contacts and the information is not immediately available. I have trouble adding it in after the fact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is great for staying organized and having all of the most important information right at your fingertips/

I am trying to solve an organizational need. Rather than trying to maintain all my customer information using folders and files or a complex set of email folders, I can remain organized on my most important business functions within Insightly.

Insightly CRM review by User

"Insightly is a master organizer"

What do you like best?

Best thing that ever happened was when your talented developers enabled features in Insightly that instantly link-connect-merge Outlook email to Insightly's corresponding legal project. Amazing and incredible progress and timesaver!!!

What do you dislike?

Does not merge/synch/connect directly to Casefox app, XERO app, Sharepoint database (?), Dialpad (?), and the list goes oooon :)

Well it is hard to find cons but to be perfectionist, maybe the layout of tasks - would like to make graphics more vivid and when I look at a number of tasks I want them to be color coded per month or due date etc. Just need a comfort view of sorts. It is just overwhelming to look at long list of same color.

Also anything that would help automate Insightly, when it would remember frequently typed names and phrases and finish words for you. Kinda like in Chrome memory feature that "remembers" and auto populates texts. But this is on robotic level of course! :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will relieve you of thousands of sticky pads of data that you wanted so badly to remember but can't read those handwritten scribbles with all those bits of info - it gives you tools to organize and build a well structured mastermind vault with massive amount of data in it, helps to sort data in seconds, chill, lay back and enjoy a beautiful view of tasks - all in one page

It is pretty much a master database of all legal clients, potential and archived, super easy to update, access, great back up of most key contact info - master address book, control software for keeping track of cases divided by type of case.

Insightly CRM review by Anissa B.
Anissa B.

"Love!!!"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Insightly is that I can see if and when an email was opened and any links/attachments. I love being able to create email templates so I don't have to type a full email. Insightly's app helps me to respond to leads in a timely manner by sending me notifications while on the go. I also love being able to check off each task for my opportunities. I am not an organized person, but having all my tasks done in advance, and checking off each task after a reminder, has saved me so much time.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the speed of insightly itself. It's rather slow moving from function to function. The app has not always worked properly while out and about. There have been several times where I've tried to create a lead and it wouldn't allow me to. I had to store the person as a contact in my phone and once I was able to get to my computer then create a new lead to contact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Insightly for its ease of use and ability to keep you on task with your everyday work requirements.

Insightly keeps me organized during my hiring process of directors. Each opportunity is tracked and updates me when I need to complete a task or if I haven't completed a task. I love being able to have all of my contacts and leads in one place, which helps me to know if I need to follow up with someone or not.

Insightly CRM review by Sherine Rose G.
Sherine Rose G.

"Great for Real Estate Agents "

What do you like best?

I love that all my clients are organized and scheduled without having to worry about missing important dates or appointments.

Insightly not only provide me the confidence that I need to perform my job well but the price is the best I found on the web with the features i need for my business.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that when I send bulk emails, I do not get notified when my emails are not sent or delivered to my clients. This could be my email provider but if it is Insightly I would love for them to sort that out..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insightly is very user friendly with many videos that will help you to get your business in order in not time.

Customer service is the best I have seen so far with some of my favorites being Dan P and Alana who have always been there to answer my questions.

My appointments are always there everyday for me to follow through with.

I can know the status of any project I am working.

Which clients are close to closing and which ones need additional work.

I can set up a system to prioritize .my appointments, tasks and projects.

I never miss appointments and i know which projects are at the stage to be closed or which ones are dead.

Insightly CRM review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"User-Friendly CRM Program"

What do you like best?

Insightly covers all the essentials for a CRM system: contacts, opportunities, projects and so forth. From an organizational standpoint, Insightly streamlines communication for a sales team to effectively prospect and manage new/existing accounts. Additionally, Insightly has a mobile application that is easy to use from any smart tablet or wireless device.

What do you dislike?

As user-friendly as Insightly can be, the need for repetitive actions can be a bit time consuming. For example, when creating an organization, you will need to create a contact separately and then link them together. Additionally, I wish the platform allowed you to customize the minimum amount of information needed before saving a prospect/lead. Things can get a little messy if team members are documenting or reporting information differently than one another (e.g. Not inputting a phone number or email address).

Recommendations to others considering the product

In shopping around for a CRM system, Insightly provides all the essentials you need for managing multiple accounts and contacts. Additional features, like integrating your work email into the system to "bcc" messages, provides a helpful trail of information for a team to see.

Insightly provides customer relationship management from one centralized platform. You can customize what you want the "sales cycle" to look like, scaling back (or up) the amount of steps from "prospect" to a fully-executed deal.

Insightly CRM review by Allison K.
Allison K.

"Terrible support, very basic CRM "

What do you like best?

It was a great way to get our feet wet with a CRM. We are a small business <10 people and 2 in our sales force, and weren't using any form of CRM. After vetting a few with trials, I recommended Insightly to our CEO. We gave it a try, and once we realized what we wanted to do with it, we needed to move on to something more robust. If you're looking for a simple CRM to try, check it out for free.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot to dislike about Insightly. First: support. While they were generally timely in their response time, the customer support member could not answer my question, kept answering a question I wasn't asking, and finally just stopped responding to my emails in the open ticket. So I went to their "community help boards." Generally, I found that I was out of luck on their "community help boards." If nothing else, it was a place to find others with whom to commiserate over the terrible product.

Insightly lacks a lot of features that are basic in other CRM tools. For example, there is no lead scoring, for the longest time there wasn't bulk updating with a csv file. This is a basic need of anyone who manages sales operations. After many months of asking on a community board with no response, we stopped begging for this feature and switched to Freshsales. The bulk email tool is terrible. There weren't decent metrics to be able to see and follow up with leads who opened our emails. It was difficult to get a read on our ROI with Insightly.

Finally, Insightly does not back up its data, and they are totally unhelpful and unwilling to work with you if you need help retrieving your data. In sum, you get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find other businesses like yours who used this software before you sign on. We are a marketing firm and it did not fit the bill for us.

We got our feet wet using a CRM and were able to learn what we needed, what we didn't, and what we wanted to achieve with our CRM. It became clear pretty quickly that we needed something more robust than what Insightly provides. It was a lot of work to change CRMs from Insightly to Freshsales, but worth it. With Insightly, it was a stepping stone and we learned a lot, even if it caused us some hindrance to our productivity.

Insightly CRM review by Victor K.
Victor K.

"Freemium CRM Software great for start-ups"

What do you like best?

Easy to get started and use.

Contacts have relationship links to other contacts which is extremely useful for sales expansion.

Process oriented so that you can create workflows within your team.

LinkedIn integration is seamless and very helpful.

Gmail integration is super helpful. Contact and customer history is built automatically because of it.

Google Drive integration is easy and prevents document storage duplication.

Templates are easy to use and drive productivity.

What do you dislike?

Forecasting is very basic and needs to be enhanced so that a spreadsheet doesn't have to be used in concert.

It would be helpful to have feedback loops in the project management workflow to enable peer reviews.

The Mailchimp API was very basic and required significant customization to leverage effectively.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the contact linking to learn more about your opportunities and their potential interactions.

Leveraging information to drive sales and marketing. We were able to develop a pipeline, track it, and gain insights into our sales cycle so that we could reduce it. Forecasting was significantly improved. The whole team could easily collaborate on any sale which was important in our case because of the complexity of our sales and the duration of the sales cycle.

Insightly CRM review by Rodrigo A.
Rodrigo A.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

The ability to manage Opportunities and Projects in just one place. Every time a sales person converts ao opportunity into a closed deal, a project is created and redirected to my customer success team, which gets in contact with the client and goes through the first steps to implement our product.

What do you dislike?

I miss the complete Gmail integration SalesforceIQ had. It automatically tracked ALL emails send and received from the users without the need of a plugin. This means that I could use Apple Mail to send an reply emails and I still did get tracked.

SDR's are much more productive and I can see all deals in one place.

Insightly CRM review by Vince K.
Vince K.

"Insightly was a game changer for us!"

What do you like best?

We lean heavily on Insightly to keep us on track. The projects tab is where we live and it helps keep our entire team on the same page.

What do you dislike?

As it stands today, I don't have any complaints. We're really happy with feature set and the ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your data is in order before importing. We ended up importing and deleting a couple of times to get it just right.

We have lots of projects going on at the same time, so it's critical that we stay on top of each step to ensure timely completion. Insightly has really helped streamline the production process for us and makes sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Insightly CRM review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Great CRM for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Insightly has been a great tool for our business development team to utilize in keeping track of our current opportunities and the people working for those companies. It serves as a central point of focus for our team, and ensures that if one person is not the only one with knowledge of the individuals involved in the deal.

What do you dislike?

It's a very customizable software, but can cause some confusion because of it. There are times when I want to change one of the fields or customize a report and have trouble figuring out how to go about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very inexpensive version of CRM software, perfect for small business

Too often we had one person with intimate knowledge of a deal or a company, and if that person was unavailable, we just weren't able to get the answers we need. Now everyone fills in their contacts with Insightly so the whole team can share in the knowledge.

Insightly CRM review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Insightly is simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add new contacts and organizations and search through them for what I am looking for at any given moment. The ability to look up someone's phone number on my mobile phone and call them couldn't be more convenient. The reporting tools are also useful for tracking progress on deals/transactions/sales

What do you dislike?

I would expect a Google product to have a more appealing user design, but it's simple with no frills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend doing a free trial of Insightly and going through the tutorials to set yourself up for success. Great, customizable product - just takes some work up front and over time to determine and iterate how you want to use it to meet your business goals.

Instead of having physical business cards scattered all over my desk, office, room, etc., I can now input any contact information I receive into Insightly so I can easily access it at my convenience and also share the contact information with others on the team.

Insightly CRM review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Love This Product"

What do you like best?

Task Management on opportunities and projects. It's so easy to use and fully keep track of how a project is progressing. I also like the features in the opportunity and project management space. The ease of converting an opportunity to a project is nice as well. I spend a good amount of time with the customer piece as well, utilizing notes as a way to track the various logins that I accumulate for customers. This way I can simply look and find information on the fly when a customer cannot find their information or when I need a quick login. I plan to use the sales funnel piece in 2018, but in this year it hasn't emerged as a requirement. That said, given the expansion I'm looking at in the new year, it only makes sense that I would dig deeper into the application so as to be better equipped for the new year without losing any time to do so.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. It works very well for my small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can only speak as a small business owner with great demands on my time, and this is by far the best product I've found for use with it.

Time management. I have a lot clearer picture of what I need to do day to day, and things are getting accomplished.

Insightly CRM review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"A great CRM tool that stands up to the big dogs"

What do you like best?

Loved the full featured CRM platform in general and loved that fact that it was free for first two users. This allowed my small company to utilize a great CRM platform while we were small with no cost and as we grow we will become a paid user. I love this business model and am surprised more SaaS platforms don't take this approach.

What do you dislike?

The mobile and iPad app needs attention. Not nearly as fully featured and not very useful when on the go. The change to the new format left some features behind so it would be good to make sure all features come over when new platforms are released.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully featured and definitely competes with the bigger well-known providers

Sales activities are definitely much more organized and efficient once we utilized this service. Before we utilized CRM, it was only managed via emails and was not tracked at all. Now we have a very good handle of our sales activities and project pipeline.

Insightly CRM review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"It's like a high-tech Rolodex, with some areas for improvement. "

What do you like best?

It's cloud-based and it functions very well on all platforms I have used it on.

What do you dislike?

It does not automatically link notes that are written under contacts to the organizations that the contacts are associated with and visa versa. If I'm working with John Smith from ABC Products and I am looking to see what my last interaction with him was, I need to back out of my notes on ABC Products, go to John Smith's "contact" file, and then look for the note. I have never been in a situation where I wanted information to be hidden from me when it regards a person or people that I am working with and an organization that they are tied to. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!! This has been my biggest complaint for years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was given the option to use SalesForce when I first started my last sales job. I found SalesForce to be too tedious. Insightly is a good example as to why sometimes "less is more."

Insightly makes it easier for me to keep my interactions with people and organizations, organized. It is customizable enough so that you can make it fit your needs.

Insightly CRM review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Using Insightly as a mission critical application"

What do you like best?

Having the application web based makes it very flexible.

What do you dislike?

There is NO proactive support for the product. We have huge problems with the email system which, when contact support, they say "oh yes there is a problem with that" yet they have never said a word about it even though they knew it was an issue. The calendar is very weak and the integration with Google calendar is dismal. Lastly, all support is via email which makes considering this application a mission-critical application for a business is very troubling.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good little tool for a client repository and mass emails with Mailchimp (sometimes). NOT a mission-critical application or support

We had hoped to solve a calendaring issue, an email issue, and a repository issue. We have only been successful at the repository. Calendaring and email continue to be very weak.

Insightly CRM review by Erika J.
Erika J.

"Great for Small Business! "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and a lot of features available to expand. It keeps us organized and everyone can see what is happening at anytime. They have a mobile app which is great for on the go. A lot of times I am out in the field and need to get ahold of a customer and the CRM on the mobile app is great and very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Don't really have anything we disliked. It worked for what we need it to work for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a lot of training and it is very beneficial. They are always adding new features and new ways to make Insightly work for you. They recently added a marketing automation feature that has been very beneficial.

We as a small creative agency needed a place to put projects and all customer information such as log-ins, project status, etc. It worked great for that. We quickly realized that it was a great task manager.

Insightly CRM review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Insightly is pretty, easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the way it manages clients, it makes it easy to navigate. I can track things easily with the software. I can put notes, tasks, etc...that is very helpful. I think there is a small learning curve to the software, but overall it is easy to use. I found it a much better system then similar crm softwares.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the email templates, they don't seem to fit the purposes of the software. I know you can change that and edit it, but it seems like a bad starting point. I also think having to constantly update things makes the usage software a bit daunting, it feels less useful that way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think just actively using it, over sporadic use will really play up the qualities that the software offers.

It solved the problem of organization for me, it allowed me to get organized with my clients in a way that's effective. I realized that getting organized was extremely beneficial to my business because it provided me the opportunity to stay better connected to my customers and clients.

Insightly CRM review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"It's a great way to get info!"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the interface is. There's no question about where to go or what to do when you're using the program, and for a lot of programs, that's a struggle just by itself! No, not here. Insightly really takes the guesswork out of where you go once you get into the nitty gritty of it all.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have very little to say as far as dislike of the program other than cost. The price is kind of a turn off if you're a small business. They should have a free ad-based version of the product to offer consumers on the lower end of the spectrum because it'd pay for itself for them as well as for small business owners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the price matches the features, then you know you have a great blend. Really ask yourself if the program is giving you all that you want in return for the price tag.

I enjoy being able to get some info on who is my core demo. That's super helpful, and it's a simple task with this program.

Insightly CRM review by Stephen C.
Stephen C.

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Integration with QuickBooks Online. The ease of sending email templates.

What do you dislike?

The inability to send emails from my templates from the mobile app; When I add a task or event under the contact I would like to have the ability to add the person's name next to the task Title for easy identification. This would be helpful when looking at the calendar and know that Pickup - Person 1 is different from Pickup - Person 2 rather than having to click on each event separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support is Stellar.

Running a rental business that is emergency based. The integration with Quickbooks Online was the clincher in choosing Insightly.

Insightly CRM review by Kaitlin M.
Kaitlin M.

"Friendly and Approachable CRM"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to add new contacts and organize information. You can add custom fields easily. This is a pretty easy system to learn and train someone on, which is really nice.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little tricky to import databases and records in if your records are somewhat incomplete. I had a large list of records that was created by someone I outsourced the work to last Winter--this list didn't have complete contact first and last names, so Insightly didn't allow the records to import until I fixed them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial first to see if you really like the interface and to see if it actually meets your needs in a CRM.

I'm creating a database of leads to pitch for more contracts. Since the interface is fairly friendly, I was able to contract some help with data entry and it was fairly easy for the contractors to learn the system.

Insightly CRM review by Tamara N.
Tamara N.

"Great CRM software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, this CRM is a powerhouse. Easily store emails, notes, leads, contacts and more. Sync google calendars. Apply tags. Build pipelines and activity sets. Set User Permissions. You can even allow automatic social media profiles to be found and added to all contacts. Easy to import contacts from another database. Syncs nicely with mailchimp. Customer service is fantastic. And to top it off, Insightly even offers a free trial. By far the best CRM I have found to date.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work with Postbox. But I think we are the only company that uses Postbox for their email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch today - you won't regret it!

We used to use a combination of FileMaker Pro, Mailchimp, Dropbox, a Google Doc and Google Calendar(s)..... now we have one solution that ties it all together seamlessly.

Insightly CRM review by Warren D.
Warren D.

"Very useful, fully customizable hosted CRM"

What do you like best?

I am a big advocate of setting up personalized pipelines or project work flows. Insightly makes it easy to setup multiple stages of a pipeline that get assigned to different individuals on the team based on the project stage. While the upfront time to setup these pipelines was a necessary investment, it prevented my team from being pigeonholed into an out-of-the-box process to handle my business. I'm a big fan of the mobile tool as well and have been able to successfully enter contacts/leads/opportunities and move projects ahead even when I'm on the go.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the lag and data bandwidth required to sort or search my full database from mobile. It doesn't appear to download much of the content locally and takes more time than desired to search from within the mobile app. Additionally, I wish that there were predefined project workflows that could be easily modified for different purposes as opposed to building it from scratch. Additionally, when bulk uploading contacts, a bulk upload will not overwrite or supplement contacts with additional information which may be available. Instead, it skips the contact during the bulk upload process. When adding tags for particular events we've engaged a contact/lead, this takes more time than necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to test it from mobile during any trial periods - with smaller databases, the system runs smoothly. When you start getting into the 30,000 + range, or 60,000 range where my company is, the system is not nearly as fast because it's running through the web. There are definite upsides to hosting your CRM in the cloud- like global accessibility - but it can use up a lot of cellular data and take a long time to process requests.

Insightly is a reasonably priced CRM that easily integrates into our Google for Work environment and is fully customizable. It has allowed my team to stay focused, up to date on tasks an individual is responsible for and tasks that are on other team member's shoulders. Our processing time decreased drastically and we nearly eliminated work-flow issue with missed tasks by implementing Insightly.

Insightly CRM review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"Insightly - Best Value CRM For Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Simply put, Insightly just works. It's a fantastic way to monitor your sales pipeline as well as manage on-going clients and other projects. I have implemented this software for my event/party band -- managing both potential clients and all of the details from contract to event day. I have also implemented this software for my wife's tutoring business -- managing potential new families through a complex enrollment process, through the entire term of enrollment and through the process of withdrawing from our center. The software has helped us keep a better pulse on the day-to-day operations of the business, provided great reporting (both high-level and detailed custom reports), created and managed accountability, and ensured that nothing ever gets missed!

What do you dislike?

There are a few functional components that seem a little weird, at times. Sometimes when you complete a past-due recurring task, the task disappears. So, I've had to create a list of our recurring tasks and audit periodically to ensure they're all still in the system. Besides that, a "bulk delete task" function from within a lead, opportunity or project would be amazing. In the sales pipeline, we use a certain number of "follow-ups" before we close a dead-lead. However, if a client reaches out after the first follow up, we have to manually delete the remainder of the tasks in that activity set. I also ran into issues with the email templates and server, so I've long since abandoned using email via Insightly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After testing several similar web-based platforms in the $10-15/mo pricing range, I discovered that Insightly was substantially better than the competition. They continue to improve the product and add more features. If it works successfully for a band and a tutoring center, I'm sure it can work for just about any business.

The business problems we're using Insightly to solve are mainly keeping up on the day-to-day responsibilities of client management (sales pipelines and client pipelines). The main benefit we've realized is never dropping the ball because we forgot. We all run into capacity constraints, but Insightly has helped us realize the need for delegation because it has shined a light on accountability in our organization.

Insightly CRM review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"excellent service and product"

What do you like best?

Love being able to use it to track my leads, convert them into potential sales, track where they`re at in our sales process and then continue on with project management once they sign off on their quote. The activity sets allow us to keep track of everything efficiently and pipelines give us a snapshot instantly of where we`re at and what we`re waiting on to proceed to the next step.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that when I sync my google calendar it does not enter all of my meetings as events on the insightly calendar. this means that my assistant can`t see if I`ve set anything up as she can only see my events on the insightly calendar and my meetings are importing as tasks instead. We`d like to see the calendar have the option to invite people to join tasks and meetings. I`d also like to see the ability to create calendar events for other team members. We often have an office assistant book meetings for us so we can focus on the sales call itself and they can focus on getting us in the door and manage our schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the tutorials and webinars. They`re amazing at giving all the info you need to more efficiently use the software and set up you company`s needs.

We`re working much more efficiently now as a company. We definitely have a more productive flow and are able to see a quick snapshot of what areas need to be developed further.

Insightly CRM review by Lawrence L.
Lawrence L.

"Workflow of leads and organizational organization"

What do you like best?

The ability to email out and see some of the metrics of the emails and insightly capture info when you input it in. The administrative tools are very simple and straight forward as well.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that has troubled me the most is the way leads are represented in Insightly. I understand the workflow is supposed to operate, but why don't leads exist under the organizational level? Or at least have the option to? It's caused a little bit of confusion at times, even though there are ways to sort leads in reports. But that's the other thing, you have to go to reports to sort leads as well. It would be nice if that existed in the leads category. The thing that makes the most sense in my mind is that everything should exist under the organization to make "organization" easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product for businesses that are growing and have needs outside out of the largest type of organizations.

Organizational ability is helpful (as much as I just had things to say about it), task development, being able to quickly move from contact to email and have stored emails in there. It's definitely saved some time in that regard.

Insightly CRM review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"Insightly is like a notebook that is smarter than you"

What do you like best?

In short, Insightly is really really good at CRM.

Sounds like a strange comment potentially, but it is easy enough so anyone can use it, and it is "free style" enough so you can capture all the data you need. So yes, you should fill out a contact, connect to a company and raise a opportunity, but the system will allow you to just raise the opportunity and fill the rest of the bits out later.

And if you have just run into the head of strategy for "major company XYZ" at some corporate bank, you want to just get the details down in a second before the next round.

And it keeps track of everything.

What do you dislike?

There is only one limitation, it can not send formatted emails, it isn't a key requirement for us. But if you want to run a mailing list (which is ever so important), you will be stuck with text only for now

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to set up the pipelines and statuses properly, it makes it a lot easier to visually track where each opportunity is.

Excel is not a CRM system, and we have no use for Salesforce.

For our need on consultancy sales, Insightly is just right

Insightly CRM review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Great customization for organizing customer data for an outstanding value!"

What do you like best?

We love the ability to customize fields that is very important to us. The import and export feature is also important so we can make bulk edits. So far Insightly has been developed in a way that makes things easy to setup and start using right away, but also gives you a good deal of customization which is essential to the intricacies of our business.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the import feature is a bit clunky and insightly fields themselves are not recognized, making things difficult when trying to import.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great value for all the features you get, plus the added ability to customize is huge!

Managing our quoting queue, and also getting reports regarding quotes, sales, etc. The benefits are being able to look both at a high level with ease but also to get fairly granular and look at the details.

Insightly CRM review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Customer Insight "

What do you like best?

BBC emails to keep track of them as Opportunities. Trying to follow up with prospects in my email isn't always effective even when I have tried to keep folders for them. With so many incoming emails, I would rather have the prospects logged in a different set up so that I can run through them all at once without having to do the email scavenger hunt. The reporting the system provides is ok.I haven't used it extensively. I really like the tabs for shared emails, templates, and scheduled. It keeps everything organized better than my email does. The status icons for tasks make it easy to keep track of the progress. I often have to follow up with several people and even little functions like this help me move along faster.

What do you dislike?

Though my use of it is limited, I still have not found any hangups or issues for the activities I use it for. Even though I stated about that the tabs for the emails options were great, I still find myself having to switch back and back to my email. I have to make a point to check both in the morning. It would be great if there was more integration with Zoho Gmail Business. Not sure if that is something that is already in place that maybe I have missed or need to look into for future use. I'm also using the free version since I'm an independent consultant and mostly work by myself. When I bring in someone else or use a back-end team I don't really need them on this system. I just need it to follow up with them on the progress of projects.

It's mostly for keeping track of opportunities and projects in a separate system than my email. As a consultant it works fine for me on these activities.

Insightly CRM review by Kat L.
Kat L.

"For a freelance startup, Insightly is the bomb!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. I was up and running in minutes and had my clients loaded, their projects listed, and milestones assigned within a day.

I had done a good bit of research before I chose a CRM since I do understand the pain of conversion to another system. A free option is always good but I did consider paid products as well. Insightly fit the bill on all my major requirements and most of my minors.

When looking for a 'how to?', finding answers has been pretty easy so far. I'm hoping this continues.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the 'Add' buttons were on the left where all the other nav items are. I don't always use every window in full size and sometimes those are out of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While my business did not switch, I have used other products in previous positions.

Insightly solves the location problem we had at one location that ran MS CRM on site.

Integration with Google Apps, Dropbox, and QuickBooks lets me be a solo act and still leverage the capabilities of serious software tools without the headache of learning to be an application admin before I can get started.

The mobile app on my phone makes updates on the fly very easy. No more spending 30 minutes doing updates to customer data when I get back to my desk.

Starting any business comes with it challenges. Starting one where you are chief cook and bottle washer as a few extra challenges!

Most of my issues are pretty basic, but here are the highlights:

Keeping deadlines in check.

Remembering to 'touch base' with potential clients.

Having milestones defined with tasks allows quoting timelines to clients easy.

Insightly CRM review by Administrator in Printing
Administrator in Printing

"Insightly Review"

What do you like best?

Insightly easily allows me to easily organize and manage my customers and has helped greatly streamline my sales process. The tasking system is easy and quick to use and, as a sales rep that works with many new customers on a daily basis, adding new contacts is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I dislike being forced to have separate contacts for the organization and those who work at the organization. Also, an update that was pushed a couple months ago really threw a wrench in my CRM process, and almost made me switch to a new CRM -- the amount of data entry that had to be redone to make Insightly work for my needs was huge and very costly to my company.

Previously, I was organizing my contacts using an Excel spreadsheet, which was very inefficient for what I needed. I work with ~2,000 different customers on a yearly basis, and Excel was simply not automated enough to handle that quantity. Insightly has allowed me to easily task my follow-ups with customers which was something I was previously unable to do.

Insightly CRM review by User in Design
User in Design

"Easy to use and manage in your own way!"

What do you like best?

I like insightly because the interface was easy for me to understand and use on a daily basis. I also love the iPhone app. I can access my clients information while on the go!

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to customize and export contact lists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in and use it, it is so valuable to your business!

In 2017 I used insightly to stay on top of leads for the first time in my business. I can't believe I wasn't doing this for the previous 4 years! I am sure that due to my follow up I was able to retain and convert more leads into clients, whereas in the past I may have forgotten about people and failed to follow up. Who knows how much money I was "forgetting about" not having a CRM!?

Insightly CRM review by Doug M.
Doug M.

"Great CRM for small companies"

What do you like best?

Love that it's easy to use and free for up to 2 users! The new GMail integration makes this a real winner. Before then the sorting of e-mails was way too manual and a pain. Love the fact that there's also an iPhone app and the web version is great too!

What do you dislike?

Wish it did a bit better job with things like graphic generation for sales meetings. Also wish there was a tad more graphical pop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free version first

Working in an industry now with many leads and helps me keep track of all of them without loose slips of paper, excel or searching e-mail.

Insightly CRM review by Pete B.
Pete B.

"Horrible as a Customer Support tool. Terrible tech support."

What do you like best?

The only good thing I can say, and it is the main reason we selected this platform, is that the ability to save emails and files to a specific customer "folder" (they call it an Organization) from within GMail is extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

Once anything is associated with a customer account, it is incredibly difficult to find anything that you've stored. There is no ability to search within the items you've stored for a particular client. The only search capability is global. So, if, for example, you wanted to search for IRS issues experienced by a particular customer, there is no way to do it. You are basically limited to sequential order by date.

Even worse, as you are searching by date, there are a limited number of records per page. So if you are searching for an email that happened a couple of years ago, you might have to go several pages back before you find a record that MIGHT be what you are looking for. If it turns out said record is not what you are looking for, when you go back to other records, the system dumps you back to page 1, where you have to again begin looking through every record for the particular bit of information you are searching for.

Bottom line: it takes forever to find anything, and forget about searching for something while you are on the phone with a customer!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run away! Once they've got you, switching is incredibly difficult. No easy way to take your data.

Just trying to provide a tool that allows our support reps to service their customers efficiently.

Insightly CRM review by Will C.
Will C.

"Insightly - great Salesforce alternative"

What do you like best?

Insightly is a great alternative to Salesforce. It has most of the same functionality at a fraction of the price. The interface is clean and easy to get the hang of. We integrate Insightly with Slack so that notifications or updates get sent through Slack and notify the team. This is especially helpful for our management team.

What do you dislike?

The downside is that it does take a little getting used to, it's obviously not exactly the same as Salesforce in terms of layout and tools. It does have most of the same capabilities, it just takes some time to figure where the tools are and how they work together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Insightly is definitely worth evaluating if your company is tired of paying large sums of money for Salesforce.

Insightly is used as our new-age, low cost CRM tool. Insightly's integrations capabilities and reporting functionality allows my team to stay organized, up to date and informed of all sales actions.

Insightly CRM review by User in Public Safety
User in Public Safety

"Fair program that has requires lots of duplication of information"

What do you like best?

The filter allowed me to look at different groups easily. I can find notes, contact info, and history quickly.

What do you dislike?

I can not link email addresses to my Outlook or use copy and paste, so I literally have to manually write down the email address and type it in. Once I fill in info on a company and its contact person, I need to retype that info into the Contact List. There are lots of great options but each one requires its own set-up. No real cross pollination.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With considerable reservations

It does a great job of reminding me when to re-connect with a lead. It gives me the history of sales pitch cycle quickly and easily. It has been easy to have multiple users in different regions all use, review and comment on accounts.

Insightly CRM review by Tania H.
Tania H.

"Sales & Operations Consultant"

What do you like best?

Easy user interface, support team are quick to address issues and the insightly team listens to the needs of the clients to implement new features.

What do you dislike?

Sometime a basic answer to a question cannot be found in the self help or FAQ's...would love to see a customer support chat window to assist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed in taking the time to set this system up and will begin to see results quickly

Track trends in client's behaviour to help identify new products/services to add to our product offering. Create new sales campaigns to engage past clients.

"A budget-friendly CRM"

What do you like best?

As a non-profit, I appreciate the range of features available in Insightly's free version. It also has reasonable price points for its paid version that we will likely utilize as we grow.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it were possible to fully integrate Insightly and Quickbooks Online's customer records - it appears to only be possible to sync invoices and payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small-medium organization, Insightly is a great option. I would look carefully at the features offered before considering it for a large organization.

We had been using an excel document to track our donors and volunteers until we got Insightly. It is extremely helpful to be able to search for anyone in one place and keep more complex, accurate records about their relationship with our organization.

Insightly CRM review by McKenna M.
McKenna M.

"A good way to track leads"

What do you like best?

I like that it saves all my previous communications with my leads.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find all the contacts you have with one organization quickly. Multiple people could be working on different leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put everything in as a lead, not as a contact initially.

We know what contracts are out for review and how long it's been since we initially reached out. I have realized it's Important to get to the point in emails so that ones that have been opened yield to a higher response rate.

Insightly CRM review by Kingsley I.
Kingsley I.

"Insightly The best CRM for small business owner"

What do you like best?

I have been using insightly for a more than two years now. It was my introduction to CRM. I like the simplicity and ease of integration with other apps.

project Managment, ease of use and reliablity, Free and Trial version which lets you try out the app and also best for small business owners to get full grasps of CRM for the first time.

extensive knowledgebase to help you get started with little or nohuman contact.

The mobile app is best for on the go use.

What do you dislike?

The trial should last for 45 days.

Less templates

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy way to start your CRM adventure. Insightly is the best way to start.

It is also good because of the easy of integration with other apps and also it is great for project management. if you are the type that like a mobile app, then you will find insightly mobile apps very useful.

Also you will find the funnel and pipeliner very useful in qualifying your lead. The lead Management Tab recently added make it easy to really nuture your lead before deciding if they are qualified to become contacts and organization. You will also find the webform very useful so that you can just copy and paste on your website for clients to be automatically added to your database.

Contact Management

Project Management

Customer Relationship and Retension

Email Marketing and campaign

Work delegation

Insightly CRM review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Works good if you have the time to do a lot of data entry"

What do you like best?

organizes my clients and can generate custom reports and lead sheets for sales

What do you dislike?

takes a lot of effort and time. Have to have someone to enter all the information.

also, lead section is organized my persons name, cannot change that, would be better to be organized by company name since we don't always have a point of contact yet when we generate a business lead. Also easier to recognize the lead by company name.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good cheap alternative to salesforce. Need to stay diligent in making your reps use it and having discipline in entering all company/lead info

Helps to keep organized with regards to sales leads and processes by doesn't help move things forward unless all your sales reps are constantly entering everything from their meetings and calls, and are well read on how to utilize the software and smartphone app

Insightly CRM review by Whitney W.
Whitney W.

"Strong CRM Solutions"

What do you like best?

There are many avenues to enter data in. You can customize how you use it - not just for sales, but also for operations processes.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly as I had hoped. Fine once you get used to it. It's so massive that there are lots of things to learn. I think I could utilize it even better if I took the time to view more training videos.

keeping customer data, tracking sales, process reminders. Makes it quicker to reach out to prospects with email templates. I don't forget because of the task reminders.

Insightly CRM review by Mike D.
Mike D.

"Insightly helps us manage our business more efficiently"

What do you like best?

Using opportunities and project components to best advantage

What do you dislike?

Our time zone slows down support. Other than that no dislikes

We are a three person business. Keeping track of the various stages of our projects has improved immensely. We also subscribe to a separate service that provide data on construction projects. I experimented with transcribing relevant data to the leads component, but this didn't work too well for me. Instead I now use the opportunities component and we are achieving more real opportunities and sales as a result.

Insightly CRM review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ease with which we can use insightly. It's pretty good and allows us as customers to control the process of using the software

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly enjoy the high markup on the cost. The product need not be so expensive and we can easily reduce the cost by find other solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think its generally good. I would recommend that folks try the product and see if they like it. If they like it then obviously they should continue the service and support the B2B software folks. However, if they do not like it then Insightly makes it quite easy to stop the service and will help walk customers through a full scale roll back. Its fascinating how customer focused the firm it. Its really quite surprising but refreshing to see it!

I'm solving the issue of using CRM to monitor and understand the customers. CRMs are widely quite useful because they make the task of seeing and maintaining records of clients particularly easy for use. I love CRMs because they really have made it much easier to use the product.

Insightly CRM review by Renea H.
Renea H.

"Clean And Smart CRM"

What do you like best?

I love Insightly!!! Super easy to use, even for a beginner! My assistant found it to be very user friendly. She had never used a CRM before. The learning curve for her was very short.

Their new design on their site is FANTASTIC!

They also have Slack integration!!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have all the integrations I would like to see. I would like to see a more social aspect from Insightly. Incorporating social listening would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

More integrations and social listening would be a great addition to an already winning product!

Customer Relationships are much easier using Insightly. I can handle relationships with my customers effectively.

Insightly CRM review by Alice F.
Alice F.

"Very good functionality even at the free level"

What do you like best?

The Opportunities section within Insightly is robust and allows the addition of custom fields in a free account. For example, I wanted to note the referral source for each opportunity, so I created a custom field called "Referral Source." I also like the Insightly gmail widget, which allows me to add a new Opportunity (or Contact) straight from my G-Suite email.

What do you dislike?

I've been trying to figure out the workflows, and it's not very intuitive. I end up never completing it, and then searching for the same article again a few weeks later and starting over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using G-Suite, this is awesome. If not, it's probably only good-enough.

I own a small web design shop, and I am working on increase my leads and my closed sales. Insightly helps me track leads, not have them fall through the cracks, and track my close rate.

Insightly CRM review by Andrew D.
Andrew D.

"Insightly makes managing customers and projects easier"

What do you like best?

My favorite features of the system are the ease with which you can connect all of your contacts to their related companies and projects

What do you dislike?

The integrations could be more intuitive, I use quickbooks and mail chimp, and there is more manual work in transferring data than I would like, it would be great if it could transfer data automatically.

Insightly helps manage clients, and ensures that we don't forget or drop any opportunities, that can be capitalised on.

Insightly CRM review by Donald R.
Donald R.

"Easy to sell"

What do you like best?

The format is user friendly and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

When doing reports it was unclear what to do before really trying different things.

We are solving the problem of having a singular location for our data and information needed to make contacts and sales. We have just recently implemented this product in to our company and it is already showing good benefits. Our new salesperson has been able to really pin down new prospects and business opportunities.

Insightly CRM review by Thaddeus R.
Thaddeus R.

"The world is filled with greener pastures"

What do you like best?

It's simple and very easy to get started. Just avoid putting too much info into the system untill you're sure you can overcome its weaknesses.

What do you dislike?

It fails at many basic procedures. If you're searching for Benjamin James - and type in Ben James. Insightly can't find it. Looking for Jim, but you entered James into the database, he's lost forever. Good luck with hyphenated names! You'll never find them again...

Recommendations to others considering the product

The world is filled with greener pastures. Try everything else first.

The only reason I'm even reviewing this is in hopes they might begin making some of these basic improvements.

Managing appointmensts, phone calls, scheduling emails - client relationship management

Insightly CRM review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"We heart InSightly"

What do you like best?

Insightly is very easy to use, on the desktop or mobile app. The standard set up is very robust and the customization (custom fields, custom filters, custom reports) allows you to use it exactly as you want to. The link with Gmail makes tracking emails a breeze. The integration with Xero allows my team to see client's payment information without giving them access to the accounting software. The integration with TimeCamp allows our time tracking software to always be updated with all our clients without having to manually add them.

What do you dislike?

When linking an email to Insightly, I wish it wouldn't automatically link the email to me as a person and organization. I also wish that when you link an email to Insightly, it wouldn't create a new contact for every person that was a recipient of the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want you structure to be before loading data. And watch the videos in the support system. Although it's very easy to set up, if you realize later that something you set up as a pipeline would be more efficient as an activity set (for example), it's a lot of work to undo and recreate.

The integration with the various other programs we use allow us to be very streamlined and efficient. We do not have to manually add a new contact or client in multiple programs any more. And the reporting allows us to know the stage of each project and opportunity at a glance.

Insightly CRM review by Robby M.
Robby M.

"Good CRM, not the greatest for professional services."

What do you like best?

It was easy to get started. Probably one of the more user-friendly applications.

What do you dislike?

I didn't feel like I had enough control to customize the application to my business. I have multiple lines of service. For me, the app didn't go far enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would try to add in features that tailor to industry. Perhaps it's just not good for professional services and that would have a lot to do with what kinds of issues I was facing. For example, we track taxation, accountancy, and consultancy. Within each one of those lines of service, there are sub-categories I need to track. By improving the ability to track that I could have huge success.

The ease of setup is excellent. I would never want to see that go away in Insightly. But, I guess I'm asking for both sides of the equation. Setup is a breeze and the application does a great job with integrations. In fact, I have recommended to two or three of my accounting clients and it has been great for those who have other types of business.

For example, the ease of setup and links to software was great for a service-based business that keeps up with client's pets. It allowed an extension of custom contacts.

Attempting to get information I need from clients, manage leads to closes, monitor time, budget, and email tracking.

Insightly CRM review by Joe S.
Joe S.

"Good for basic usage"

What do you like best?

It is one of the few decent platforms that combine CRM and Project Management in one place.

What do you dislike?

There are a number of features which users have long requested on their website (which they encourage) but that they have yet to incorporate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to see if it suits your needs.

I oversee many projects and this platform allows me to keep track of all of them in various ways.

"Insightly"

What do you like best?

I have a clear birds-eye view of my leads and customers, along with notes regarding when each person was last contacted. I know there are many more features that I can grow into, as well, as our business grows.

What do you dislike?

When I create a new contact, I need to have the Organization added prior; which I regularly forget to do. Also, when I have an opportunity created, the notes are not always connected across the connections. If I have someone added in the organization, I still need to add the address, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were using Excel to keep track of communications with our customers and leads. It just did not work well for me, and I was the only one in the company to try Insightly out. I then recommended it to other coworkers after using for a while.

None, I think it is just another added tool for me to use. The mobile app also helps while on the road.

Insightly CRM review by Ryan F.
Ryan F.

"Great project management site"

What do you like best?

This site is super easy to use and learn.

What do you dislike?

This site should use email integration in order to make it easier to upload notes.

We use this site to track our projects and assign them to workers. It works really well and we noticed a huge increase in productivity and less people were working on the same projects without realizing, and we found this to be a huge benefit.

Insightly CRM review by Tyler  L.
Tyler L.

"General usage with two companies. "

What do you like best?

It's simplicity. Most platforms have taken the functionality too far. Salesmen generally know they're pipeline, they just need a way to organize follow up and know what was last mentioned.

What do you dislike?

I haven't checked it in a bit, but the mobile could definitely be improved. At one point I had switched to base because theirs is really well designed, so if I had to make a recommendation, that would be it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to get lost in the labyrinth of sales force, insightly is a better, more price friendly option for smaller teams.

Just general day to day organization with potential clients. It helps me avoid things slipping through the cracks.

Insightly CRM review by Administrator

"Insightly saves us from forgetting steps in our process."

What do you like best?

I like that we can set up all the steps we need to get something done. I like that I never forget to do a task because it is right there for me.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a way to set up cascading steps so that one step was triggered when a previous one was set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a great basic project management tool. If you need something that isn't too complicated, this will work for you.

Solving the problem of forgetting to do something. We have a lot of things we have to get done for a listing, or a closing and this helps us keep them all on track.

Insightly CRM review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Clean and Straightforward Sales Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that Insightly is very straightforward, while still being customizable to your needs. Our company doesn't require all the bells and whistles that other tools have (we're a mid-size company, so it's not necessary), so Insightly has the main, critical pieces that you need for proceeding with client relationships and sales - easy Opportunities area, a place for Contacts, and a plugin to connect your email to your Opportunities.

What do you dislike?

Tying Contacts, Organizations and Opportunities together could be a more seamless process.

Our team is trying to ensure we're capturing client information in one centralized area. We're able to do that with Insightly by keeping track of Opportunities, as well as overall client interactions and relational aspects through the Contacts area. Both (sales and relational) are extremely important in my role.

"It does it's job"

What do you like best?

I like the task page the best. I can assign tasks to a sales rep and then I can see when it's complete. I also like that the tasks are public to everyone

What do you dislike?

I hate that it logs me out every time I close out of a window. I even have the "keep me logged in" box checked and it still does it/

It is great to announce price increases to our sales reps. It holds them more accountable when I announce the increase as a task and they have to mark it complete once they inform their customers.

Insightly CRM review by Tim C.
Tim C.

"An Outstanding Product"

What do you like best?

Seemless integration with GMail client. Solid Mobile Android app that allows full access to records.

Very strong free-form tagging and linking system. Social media integration with client records. Reasonable opportunity management.

What do you dislike?

E-mail from customer record not really fully developed. Cloning and copying of data is not permitted in all record categories. Relationships could be better represented. Output of related organisation and contact data is not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a solid product that is flexible and really easy to use. It easily fits to our workflow and way of thinking and we now completely rely on it.

We have used several other well known very expensive CRM systems that don't even come close. And insightly easily supports change as you go, so you don't have to figure out all the parameters upfront .

There are still features that would be nice to have, however there has been really useful development and improvements over the period we have used it. We started with a fairly simple record tagging structure that has grown and grown, so i am sure that it could be applied to almost any business application

Centralized Customer records for all users with real time updates. Access to data in mobile environment.

Extensive tagging allows intuitive association to our categories. Improved workflows and efficiency.

Insightly CRM review by Administrator

"Insightly is a cost efficient CRM"

What do you like best?

Insightly is a cost efficient alternative to high priced popular CRMs. It's price point and bare-bones setup are its key benefits

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit clunky to use at times. While the autofill searches are great, they sometimes don't work. At times there database takes a while to sync, and entries won't show up immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time reviewing the documentation before importing contacts

We are able to use insightly effectively to track leads and returning customers. Insightly makes it easy to prepare email lists and various marketing lists across different segments and different stage of our sales funnel.

"Interesting Insightly Interactions"

What do you like best?

For newly starting or very small business use Insightly is a good option. It is definitely a good place to start with people who are not overly familiar with using a CRM to bring all of the client information to one location and are looking for an inexpensive and simple CRM solution.

What do you dislike?

It does not feel very intuitive and I found it to be rather limiting when I am used other CRMs. To the rest of the members of the team who are not used to interacting with CRM software they do not find it as limiting. Though they also agree that it doesn't feel very intuitive or expansive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good product if you need something for a small company.

It is helping us bring all of the information more into one place so that everyone can access it real time. This has been a big boon to us as the company has grown some this last year.

Insightly CRM review by Laura R.
Laura R.

"Perfect entry-level CRM at great prices"

What do you like best?

Value for money - you get a lot of functionality for a low price. Plus, it's easy to use - so is perfect for businesses taking their first step into CRM.

What do you dislike?

Would like it to integrate with Wordpress easily. Also, it'd be great to see further enhancements to their functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! If you're starting out in CRM, it's great (and doesn't look scary to use). However if you're looking for something more 'heavy duty' - I'd recommend something else.

Perfect for entry-level CRM.

Insightly CRM review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Simple to use but with all the complex features you need"

What do you like best?

The connectivity of insightly records is a huge benefit. The real world works in strange circular ways, and the flexibility to tag any contact, project, opportunity, organisation etc on to a record is extremely valuable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Insightly can be too clever for its own good; creating records from email addresses is one example, where existing organisations or people can be duplicated because they use an abbreviation or alternative name in their email. Simple to merge duplicate data, though, without losing connected information.

I started using Insightly as a useful database and gradually realised the power of the sales funnel and process tools. It has kept me fairly well organised for several years now.

Insightly CRM review by Jeremy G.
Jeremy G.

"Amazing CRM with robust features while being easy to use."

What do you like best?

Best in Class CRM that has many features to utilize for businesses of all sizes. The system is great because it doesn’t break the bank while it maintains a high standard of quality.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more 3rd party integrations with some of the not so major players.

Needed a better way to organize my client information. Insightly goes above and beyond with integrations and organization pipelines.