Insightly CRM

Insightly CRM

Insightly CRM is a tool for managing your contacts and related organisations, partners, vendors and suppliers. Insightly has a project management system built right in.

Work for Insightly CRM?

Learning about Insightly CRM?

Insightly CRM Reviews

Ask Insightly CRM a Question
Showing 385 Insightly CRM reviews
Insightly CRM review by <span>Rob J.</span>
Rob J.

"Perfect for any small business ... or medium? "

What do you like best?

I really like the features that Insightly offers to those who use it for the free version. You can enter a lot of data and be functional as a small business. We used it for two years on the free version and finally had to upgrade. We upgraded because we knew what we were getting and I couldn't find anything better for the price. You can add fields, edit fields, create reports, etc. Insightly also integrates with IFFFT (If This Then That)...so when I enter in a new lead, it will populate the lead (contact info) in to MailChimp in to a specific folder that will be an automated email campaign.

What do you dislike?

When we upgraded, we expected more features. There were some, but one that would have been helpful is having the use of the Dashboard feature they now have. Seeing everything at a glance would be helpful. It is not available for the first tier of pricing. Having that rolled out, but not available to me (even as a paid subscription) frustrated me.

Also, it's so complicated and deep that there are several features I do not use...but probably should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it using the trial version (free version). They have come a long way since they started. I've seen them improve a lot of abilities of the software and take feedback seriously. We're using the Plus version.

Managing lead, opportunities, and projects. This allows me to do all of this. Converting to a project is super easy and most information populates directly over.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Insightly CRM
Insightly CRM review by <span>Alexandra L.</span>
Alexandra L.

"No More Accidently Forgetting to Get Back to Clients"

What do you like best?

Follow up emails, different checklists, and the iPhone app makes it easy to stay on top of your tasks. Prior to this software, it was easier to accidentally forget to contact a customer or let a lead slip away. The software helps you keep on top of the project/lead. I also like that I can stay up to date with how far I have to go to reach a goal.

What do you dislike?

The email function can get a little confusing. The other thing that maybe it is just user error, is that instead of sending me 1 notification, I get 3 notifications each time via my email. If there was a way to change that it would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best part of this app for me is customer relations and staying on top of leads and etc.

Staying on top of tasks.

Customer Relations.

Monitoring Goals.

Inputting Customer Contact Information.

What CRM solution do you use?

Insightly CRM review by <span>Silke B.</span>
Silke B.

"Great, just seems a little bit cumbersome at times"

What do you like best?

I find it easy keeping track of all the 'actions' and tasks e.g. emails, calls, proposals, linking those to tasks and creating opportunities. It is useful to have this linked to individual contacts with the prospect/client. It's very intuitive and easy to use, even when you don't have much time to spend on business development. Not sure what else as I'm not using it on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

There are just slightly too many clicks between organisations and contacts and actions/tasks etc.i.e. the navigation can be a little cumbersome. Selecting records for follow-up could be improved or made easier so that you don't have to set up a task every time you want to put in a follow-up call to a prospect you have spoken to. For small businesses it is ideal as the entry price is cheap. I would have preferred not to be given all the functionality to test during the one month trial as it then tied me into buying and paying for an annual subscription. When you start out as a new business, the free use initially is invaluable, there are still plenty opportunities to charge for 'upgrades' and additional services at a later stage when a business is slightly more established and can afford to pay for a CRM system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider integration with mail chimp

mainly prospecting, started with a free version but then had to sign up to monthly/annual fee which was a little disappointing

Insightly CRM review by <span>Vanessa M.</span>
Vanessa M.

"Easy to use, and always works "

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly. I always find it easy to get through my day with a checkoff list. This product has helped me. I will always recommend it to others. I also like that it is color coordinated and I can organize other tasks to other co-workers of mine. It makes it easy to switch tasks and deleted them as well. The program is great to use on your phone too. I sometimes use it when im doing projects off site, it works just as well, I never lose information or misplace it on a certain list.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that sometimes it takes a while fo it to update on my end. I want something that is really fast, but I do think that sometimes its my wifi. Maybe there is a wifi that can be used to better the connection. that is something that the company can talk about with its clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that it is easy to use, and it helps with both large and small teams! And it is also inexpensive. One of the best products we have!

I am able to organize my information better, and it helps me plan my day. I strive on organization and I think this took has been one of my strongest. I also like that it is easy to go back and make changes. It also takes away from the he says she says, because there is always a receipt.

Insightly CRM review by <span>Andrés S.</span>
Andrés S.

"Complete yet no-frills system. Simple enough for new users, good mobile app."

What do you like best?

What I like best of Insightly is that it has many functions and you can easily "link" different items without any weird constraints other systems have. The web browser based interface is good, looks nice and is pretty responsive (fast). Lastly, I love the fact that they have an API for those who would like to use their own solution to access the data.

What do you dislike?

Even though I love Insightly and have used it for over 3 years, on an organization with 9 people, and that so far I have no plans to switch to another system, the backup options are ridiculous, to say the least: There is no option to back up your data. Period.

You can export most of your data and receive it in XML format, but that data cannot be reimported again to Insightly. They offer that if there is some kind of "data disaster" they can work on a case-by-case basis but no promises at all.

You can export most of your data, but re-build an Insightly installation from another one is simply not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be fully aware that disaster recovery is almost non-existent. If you are in contact with their sales people, bring up that point. For most people, it will be a deal breaker. For me it is a major source of stress but not a deal breaker and hencefort use and enjoy the system. I truly hope nothing ever happens to our data or I would be in deep trouble I know.

Handle leads, opportunities and projects. Manage contacts, store most business-related emails (including their attachments).

Insightly CRM review by <span>Nicholas D.</span>
Nicholas D.

"Excellent tool that has really helped our team stay on the same page. "

What do you like best?

I have really appreciated the automated workflows that Insightly has afforded us going from opportunity to project and creating tasks based on where things are in the process.

It has also really helped us keep track of certain subsets of clients that require certain actions with Tags. For instance, we have a set of clients with the Maintenance tag that requires us to perform maintenance tasks on their projects periodically. Insightly allows us to assign the task, have a record for when it was performed, and send out an email to those contacts after it has been completed.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile app was a little more robust. It's not super intuitive and I have had a hard time making use of all the functionality I need from my phone.

Insightly helps us stay organized around our project and client communication. More and more, we're able to increase our workload efficiently so that we can increase our productivity, but still maintain the same level of customer service.

Learn more about Insightly CRM

Insightly CRM Videos

Insightly CRM Downloads

Learning about Insightly CRM?

* We monitor all Insightly CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.