The power the program has for attaching a versatile amount of metadata to images and documents. Its ability especially to provide thumbnails for large sized images such as RAW camera files is hard to find in other DAM software. The software also allows for long text entry that is fully searchable. For example we can enter the entire book entry text for a photos and have the ability to find it from the physical book very easily.
From the MediaBin Web UI, users can't print out images with all of their Asset Details OOTB.
Login performance issues for the home page of MediaBin isn't acceptable. Home page makes 100+ requests to the server with couple of MB data in total size for all the requests which impacts performance.
Installation process is not correctly documented and you can end up spending more time for installs and integration especially Video Logger integration with MediaBin.
- Digital assets were scattered throughout the enterprise with no consistent way to manage them or share them. -
- No standard manner to manage metadata or use metadata.
- Duplicate purchase of assets
- Limited sharing of digital assets
Once Mediabin was implemented:
- There was one enterprise repository for all digital assets for users to utilize these assets
- Consistent definition of metadata
- Ability to use metadata easily
- Cost savings for reducing duplicate digital asset purchases
- Sharing of assets greatly increased