InsightSquared

InsightSquared

InsightSquared helps sales operations professionals break the cycle of spreadsheets by equipping them with actionable, real-time intelligence on virtually all sales KPIs. Fast growing technology companies rely on the company's solutions to forecast more accurately, better manage pipeline, tailor rep coaching based on individual performance, and conduct data-backed planning and analysis.

Work for InsightSquared?

InsightSquared review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting
View Original

"Addictive Tracking"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InsightSquared
InsightSquared review by Carlos P.
Carlos P.

"Insight Square review"

What do you like best?

The ease of making updates and changes and the ability to track historical performance in a manner that provides insights and analytics to what is likely to happen. Having this level of flexibility and ability to see what is likely to occur and make real changes that will impact the outcome of the business provides for a great tool.

What do you dislike?

Using custom fields in the source data means that it is not included in the standard packages of data coming across which translates into having to pay more for getting your data and creating reports/dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend this product if looking for a better way to manage KPI and the data coming from SFDC

Clear visibility across the board for users and executives. It provides a clean view into what is currently happening while also giving a nice projection of where we are likely to end up if current trends continue. Provides for the ability to make decisions to implement changes that should yield better results down the line.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

InsightSquared review by Paul G.
Paul G.

"on-demand dashboards = time saving success"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly query data based on defined dashboards and tiles that I have configured. Ability to use canned reports within the tool to get to data and graphical analysis that I can quickly leverage in needed sales and business conversations across my team and our organization.

What do you dislike?

Certain filters or more customizable filters are items I wish I had more control of in the tool. Ability to adjust goals /targets and have them reflected more easily or dynamically over time would be great from a forecasting and planning standpoint.

IS provides us with daily and weekly views into our sales pipeline and sales process data from SFDC. Without IS we would need to leverage our SFDC admin team to query reports and build charts. With this tool we can self-serve and enable sales coaching and development conversations, run pipeline review meetings and deliver corporate updates on sales trending all with a few minor clicks. I have spent the last couple of years leveraging IS and am very satisfied with the ease of use, continuous improvement and speed of data which I now have!

InsightSquared review by Carter P.
Carter P.

"InsightSquared the source of truth"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is a fantastic tool whether you are using it to coach a rep or as the source of truth between sales, marketing and the executive team. The historical perspective and ability to accurately forecast how each rep will end the quarter and what phases of the s sales cycle they can improve in is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything that we haven't been able to do with InsightSquared. Occassionally, dealing with multiple currencies and a different fiscal year can add some additional work in the configuration of reports but the ability to be live and derive value in a week or two far outweighs the additional work.

We use Insight Squared:

- As a coaching tool with our sales reps in their one on one's

- As the source of truth between sales and marketing to look at our entire funnel

- As a dashboard to review performance at our weekly executive team meetings

InsightSquared review by Ashley C.
Ashley C.

"All the data you've been wanting "

What do you like best?

I love that InsightSquared takes Salesforce data and makes it digestible and actionable. There is much value to be found in reports that track pipeline movement and serve up historical data that can be compared to specified timeframes. They also have full dashboard filters that allow you to drill down into individual performance. This just scratches the surface of their functionality. The best thing about InsightSquared is that my CEO loves it and is able to get the insights she needs in real time.

What do you dislike?

Making filter edits to reports can be confusing for users. There are some places in the platform where changes are global and others where you are just applying changes to your own view. This can become confusing when someone thinks they have updated a report but it's only reflected in their own view. This is a minor complaint and is resolved with team training.

I'm spending less time on one-off reporting requests. I'm not having to massage the raw data in a way that makes it digestible. Our executive team can pull the information they need for general insights and board meetings.

We are getting visibility into our lead and opportunity funnels that we were lacking before InsightSquard

InsightSquared review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Turn Key Visualizations"

What do you like best?

There are many things that SFDC does well. Unfortunately, they don't make it easy to generate some sales metrics like a reps close rate per stage. InsightSquared fills in these gaps and allows our Sales Ops team to focus on improving the sales cycle instead of crunching numbers.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to turn-key reporting is that it is not customizable. If the standard reports, or one of the many pivots, don't answer the question you are asking then you're out of luck. Additionally, a disadvantage in their pricing model is that you have to manage the opportunity owners (which is a subset of the SFDC licenses). As the opportunity owners change you have to update the licensing or you have missing data. I'd prefer if they had just a platform fee or mirrored the user count in SFDC.

Our goal was to gain insights into our sales cycle. InsightSquared has given us the reporting that was either not possible in SalesForce or extremely difficult.

InsightSquared review by Stewart W.
Stewart W.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is generally a strong sales analytics solution. We use 'Pipeline Today' reports all the time to understand and drill into our current pipeline, and the ratio reports are invaluable to our SDR function.

What do you dislike?

Multi-currency goals must be converted to the master currency prior to entry into InsightSquared. IS doesn't currently offer a live currency exchange, which would make our lives a whole lot easier, and should come as standard with an international sales analytics solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have an international sales force operating across currencies, you may want to look elsewhere, or at least ask about multi-currency goal setting during on-boarding.

The Sales Leadership Team utilise IS in weekly pipeline management reviews, both with the team and on an individual basis. It allows us to drill into the pipeline, understand what's real, and what's likely to drop out, and in turn deliver solid forecasts to the C-Suite

InsightSquared review by Steven N.
Steven N.

"Sales Analytics tool to power home Manager 1:1"

What do you like best?

What I like best, is the fact that it gives you insight into historical trending reports - you are not locked into a "snapshot" but are able to see the whole picture from one graph either on a 1:1 level or a team level

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that their filters don't 100% fit our use case but they do have workarounds that help support us and allow us to exclude record types that we can then add back at a later time

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were vetting this against Salesforce Wave Analytics - Insights is more expensive but the business value speaks for itself

The business problem we were trying to solve for was the coaching and development of our AE's. To really pinpoint their strengths and weakness - what deals they are closing with the same characteristics and which ones they are not closing.

InsightSquared review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"More data-driven decisions on sales performance and marketing."

What do you like best?

InsightSquared enables us to make more data-driven decision on sales performance and marketing. Our CRM has a ton of information, but the reports are simple. They’re fine for managing a pipeline, but less helpful for understanding what can be done to optimize and improve a team. I used to spend hours exporting reports from Salesforce and manipulating pivot tables to create rep views of performance and behaviors over time. Insight Squared automates all that so I can spend more time thinking about what the data means and what can be done about it.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike about the tool. I use average trending lines in Excel often, it would be good to have that here. We have sales people in multiple countries, so I do currency conversions manually. I understand multiple currency management is a feature of the higher level package.

The level of report customization is a key benefit. I created a global dashboard of the metrics we want on current quarter sales, pipeline and opportunity details. I duplicated it by market so country leaders can see the same data for their own teams. Another dashboard looks at rep performance to track benchmarks at each stage of the funnel and to identify where additional rep guidance, or account-based marketing, is needed.

Loss analysis used to be a periodic report activity, now its updated constantly so trends can be spotted early.

The charts and graphs are slick and perfect for presentations, saving time exporting data to Excel and then to Powerpoint. To keep execs up to date, current pipeline charts are automatically emailed Monday mornings.

InsightSquared review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Simple platform transforms sales cycle"

What do you like best?

The IS2 platform is incredibly intuitive and makes building believable and relevant business cases easy to form. By using this solution, the sales cycle has drastically shortened and turned 'sales' calls into true 'business' calls.

Over time we have worked with the IS2 team to mold the benefits and assumptions around our solutions so that each case fits our business model. Blown away that is takes 5 minutes to build a ValueBrief that is truly presentable and is very easy to talk through.

What do you dislike?

Initially the platform was a bit wonky and glitched, but with updates and some work internally these issues have been fixed and are non-existent.

Building business cases/ROIs for stakeholders & decision makers.

The ability to get around 'blockers' is generally a real challenge - But when using the property's ACTUAL numbers to build out these cases, there's not a lot they can say. The flexibility of the platform to show the breakdown of multi-year tiered pricing is a complete game changer.

InsightSquared review by Serenity M.
Serenity M.

"IS2 is great!"

What do you like best?

Insight Squared (IS2) saves me a lot of time in preparing reports and analytics for executives. One of my company's values is to embrace tools- Insight Squared makes that easy. It is the leadership team who uses this tool the most, and they notice if something changes.

What do you dislike?

Filtering can be a bit simple, I cannot add as complex of logic as I would like. (Opportunity contains filter A OR filter B OR filter C, for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is worth it if 1 executive buys into it. Eventually, other executives and direct reports will come onboard, it takes 1 good leader to see the value to make it worthwhile.

The leadership team uses IS2 to understand if there is enough pipeline created to meet goals. This influences hiring decisions, goal setting and coaching. The insights on the days in the sales cycle have been extremely helpful in coaching the sales team.

InsightSquared review by Ken R.
Ken R.

"Polished and powerful reporting interface for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

The dashboard UI model works as you would expect it to and the standard reports are useful, easy to customize. Both Custom objects and fields (once configured) and Native Salesforce objects are handled comprehensively across the axes of Sales Bookings, Sales Revenue, Marketing, and Demand Gen., allowing different teams to operate appropriately. UX makes sense for daily things like making a quick change to filters. To say it's better than Salesforce's standard reporting is a huge understatement.

What do you dislike?

It can be non-intuitive to try and bring custom fields and objects into standard reports until you've spend some time with the interface. Ease of use comes at a price--it can get expensive to license everyone to use IS2.

Sales Forecasting, Marketing Spend analysis, Lead Generation

InsightSquared review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Amazing service following a well orchestrated sales process"

What do you like best?

The platform is really simple to use and the reporting is straightforward. The customer service following the sale is truly amazing. Our customer success manager has done an excellent job of helping me achieve my #1 goal of getting our first line managers using the tool. She is very responsive, patient and knowledgeable. It totally blew my mind when no less than 3 of our managers mentioned our IN2 CSM by in the QBR.

The sales process was predictable and professional. I knew exactly what we we signing up for and wasn't surprised by anything post-sale. Great team over there.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there should be more overlap with some of the reports - but it's more of a personal preference.

Our goal was to provide our first line managers with actionable data and insight needed to run their team/business. We've made significant progress in the first 3 months with IN2

InsightSquared review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Easy set up, great customer support"

What do you like best?

I've now implemented InsightSquared at 2 different companies. It's my go-to BI tool. The out of the box cards are super useful and the configuration of custom cards is very easy and intuitive. We are able to drive all of our quarterly business reviews right from the dashboards, no .ppts needed! My executives like having the ability to directly access the info from SFDC and appreciate the high reliability of the data. Finally, the support team is very on top of it, know their product, and resolution has been quick.

What do you dislike?

I used to not like how you had to pay for a seat for any user in SFDC if you wanted their data to show up, even though they didn't need a log in. InsightSquared fixed that though with their new pricing model.

Visibility into sales productivity, average deals sizes with easy drill downs, no weekly reports to pull - our sales management drives all of their sales one on ones, quarterly business reviews, etc. from InsightSquared.

InsightSquared review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Historical Tracking Simplified"

What do you like best?

The main reason my company uses InsightSquared is for historical/snapshot reporting that SFDC currently simply can't handle. It allows us the ability to see what our pipeline was at a specific point in time.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add and subtract users. I was given the advice to deactivate the user in SFDC and then give them a new license, which seems bizarre. Also, some of the built in reports to show retention, attrition, etc., aren't explained very well, and you have to search in glossaries and help text. That's fine, but not the quickest/simplest way to get that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our instance was set up by a previous employee and my company barely uses it anymore. Make sure to make it as specific to your organization as possible in the implementation phase, as I have struggled to really understand our setup and how to fix it. The customer support team is helpful, but I don't think they want to waste time on essentially a second implementation with us.

Mostly data visualization and historical tracking. As our SFDC Admin, I can admit that Salesforce reporting, especially historical, is nowhere near where it needs to be, and that's where IS has found it's niche. I hope and assume that it is still growing and improving, as it is a good start but needs more to offer to beat out similar, higher end tools.

InsightSquared review by Linda F.
Linda F.

"Finally, a Business Insights Platform that predicts my questions! "

What do you like best?

The Library of reports is just incredible, above and beyond my expectations. I've found answers to questions I didn't know I had yet, and with a couple of clicks I can share the reports with the Exec team, giving everyone a deeper understanding of our trends and forecasts.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to modify the charts within the library reports, and I imagine that is something I will be able to do in the future, as InsightSquared is constantly updating features and settings.

I'm saving significant time in designing, building and validating my reports. I can be asked a question for our Exec team for board preparation and have answers and professional charts to them within minutes.

InsightSquared review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Easy to Use Executive Analytics"

What do you like best?

On-point pre-built analytics for CROs and Sales VPs. Powerful visualizations that provide insight into your pipeline and forecast. Dashboards arrange the analytics (both pre-built and configured) to support topics or processes. Data stays refreshed from Salesforce CRM within 20 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Insight Squared tracks history on only a few fields rather than capturing true snapshots. As such, the analytics can be misleading if you aren't clear what you are viewing. For instance, if you display a historical bar chart showing pipeline size by month filtered by a field that may change over time (i.e. opportunity owner), the entire chart is based only on the current opportunity owner (rather than who was the opportunity owner each month).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the data you intend to analyze has good hygiene.

We use InsightSquared to provide pipeline analytics for our executives. The product enabled us to quickly configure dashboards that gave our executives insight to answer questions from our Board of Directors and to direct our sales efforts.

InsightSquared review by Russell B.
Russell B.

"InsightSquared provides intuitive reporting that is easy to filter and understand out of the box! "

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is a great tool that provides intuitive reports sharing unique insights that you may not have even thought of. Their easy to use platform makes reporting simple to navigate and provides a better way to consume the data. 1 on 1's are much more effective and insightful for both myself and my reps with InsightSquared. Overall this solution is hugely beneficial from the front lines to the executive levels.

What do you dislike?

While forecasting works well in IS2, I would like to see something that tracks a beginning of month set commit, week by week trend and month end closed won number to provide a comparison by rep, by team and overall for the sales group. IS2 has been working with me to understand this and potentially deliver a solution, which is great!

Better understanding data for both team decisions and to report up stream at a higher executive level for critical business decisions. This also streamlines our 1 on 1's to ensure we cover the right talking points for each meeting without requiring a ton of prep-work on my end prior to talking with each rep.

InsightSquared review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Best BI and Sales Analytics Tool Available Today"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is one of the most powerful, intuitive, and visually stunning BI and sales and marketing analytics tool on the market today. I started using them in 2013 and they are just as valuable today in 2017 as they were then. They have 90% of all the reports that I need as the Director of Revenue operations to manage my lead development team, sales team, and marketing team. The data that InsightSquared provides is presented to our Executive team on a weekly basis to make timely business decisions. The sales trending charts are fantastic—looking at current year trending against last year and historic averages is key to determining how we are doing. Then the real power comes in as we segment these reports by business channel (Direct vs Indirect), business unit, new brand, and current client growth trending.

One of the best decisions I have made was adding InsightSquared to my technology stack and it has paid for itself over and over again.

What do you dislike?

I'm hard pressed to find anything I dislike about this product or company. Cost is always a consideration and compared to others they fall right in line, but the value and ease of doing business is well worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared has a fantastic base package and continues to innovate and role out great new features often. Love the new dashboard just released in Oct 2017.

This is from a case study I wrote a few years ago with the InsightSquared Marketing team. http://www.insightsquared.com/2015/08/marketstar-case-study/

When Price came on board to enable MarketStar’s sales and marketing teams, he had several complicated issues to tackle regarding their reporting capabilities. First and foremost, MarketStar executives did not have visibility into their marketing efforts, specifically Marketing ROI and Marketing Pipeline Contribution. In addition, Price needed to evaluate, refine, and document the company’s sales processes and transition to a new CRM (Salesforce).

What it boiled down to was that Price needed to provide executive-level reporting, and actionable metrics to his teams as quickly as possible. To provide all of this information, Price needed to build reports – really good reports. His biggest challenge was that the custom, internally built reporting system the team had in place was far too time consuming to meet the demands placed on him for daily, weekly and monthly reporting.

InsightSquared review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Simple Yet Powerful Sales Analytics Tool"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how quickly I am able to pull the most pertinent analytics based off my sales data. With so many different "base" reports available, I'm very easily able to grab suggested reports within seconds, but also be able to filter to specific scenarios or data sets I'm curious about.

The visualization of the data and the ability to completely customize my dashboards makes it so much easier for me to do my job of understanding my sales team's trends and projections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that may get annoying at times is how quickly the data will get refreshed/pulled from Salesforce. In a perfect, world, the instant/real-time data refresh would be preferred, but I can live with the 30-45 minutes wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when weighing the option of using Salesforce's core reports vs adding on an additional analytics tool - keep in mind IS2 entire business is focused on innovating the data and analytics side of businesses.

The entire spectrum from sales forecasting, to understanding performance trends, to effectively running 1-1 pipeline meetings. InsightSquared allows me to quickly pull all of the reports needed to do my job as a modern sales manager would.

InsightSquared review by Neel S.
Neel S.

"Worth Every Penny"

What do you like best?

It took us less than 2 weeks to get our SFDC instance integrated and get our initial 4 dashboards rolled out. The out of box KPI's it come prebuilt immediately has made us a more mature organization when it comes to managing our pipeline. In addition to having improved visibility in our performance and leading indictors, the system allows us to easily interrogate our data and interact with the system rather than just having having access to snapshots. We've got so much smarter about our business.

I can say for certain that I will push for InsightSquared at any future Company I work at.

What do you dislike?

I think the user administration is a bit tedious, but the same could be said for any system. I couldn't find a way to easily share a dashboard to a large group of users without typing in all of their names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the cost of trying to build these dashboards in whatever reporting tool you have vs. having them available out of the box. InsightSquared is by far a more cost effective option.

The reporting in SFDC is simply not sufficient and to get our BI team to build the reports/dashboards, required alot of heavy lifting on our side and their side. InsightSquared provides us with visibility to our pipeline data that we always wanted, but couldn't build.

Our first dashboards we launched have allowed our Sales managers to have a single tool that allows them to manage the truth of their reps pipeline. It bubbles up opportunities they should question, be concerned with or be comfortable with.

InsightSquared review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great Insight"

What do you like best?

Being able to use the Score Cards tab to review my sales reps activities and standings has been very helpful. I am able to show them what accounts they have put a lot of effort into, their push rates, and close rates. I use InsightSquared on a daily basis. I use it in my bi-weekly pipeline reviews with my reps as well as using it for my monthly reviews to upper management.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult to navigate. There are a lot of options which is great, but at the same times it's difficult to remember where things are and how to navigate to them. For some reason people in my company are not so fond of it, I think it is pretty expensive to get everyone on board. This is a tough one to get past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in contact with your rep. They are super helpful and great for training large groups!

We are solving our initial issue of bad data in Salesforce. It has helped us recognize what accounts needed more effort. Being able to easily view our sales department's overall push rates and close rates have been the greatest impact on helping achieve better numbers for our sales department. We are able to better manually do monthly, quarterly and yearly projections based on history and these rates. Overall InsightSquared has been an instrumental tool for our sales department since I have come onboard 4 months ago.

InsightSquared review by Administrator

"Easy to gain insights on trends"

What do you like best?

We love that IS2 allows us to easily dig into the data from Salesforce to understand trends from our team to make decisions about coaching, sales cycle, and areas of improvement in our process. We're able to take a data point and quickly drill in to the next level of information, pivot the data, and share our findings with stakeholders.

What do you dislike?

I'd like for our lead cycle information to also be a part of the standard platform, but unfortunately, it's a separate module we'd have to add to our contract.

Easy to access sales analytics to answer business questions without having to spend time developing reports. The prompts used to drive the reports are tuned to sales and the questions our stakeholders ask, and it makes it easy to drill in and get the information to make decisions. As a small team, the ease of use and level of information we can get is so valuable because it means we can spend our time being strategic instead of buried in report-building.

InsightSquared review by Administrator

"Makes Reporting A Dream"

What do you like best?

The intuitive charts gathering real time analytics has been a new tool that our sales team can't live without. This is an amazing platform for forecasting and reporting if Salesforce is your record of truth. Reporting no longer lives with one individual on our team and can be accessed by any approved license user. We are able to create multiple dashboards that have relevant information for that specific user.

What do you dislike?

Would like additional videos in the InsightSquared Academy to help with faster on-boarding for teams. We wanted to hit the ground running, and it felt like the team wanted us to stay on their timeline with their on-boarding agenda.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your reporting to live in a centralized area and Salesforce is your book of truth, then InsightSquare is a must!

We spent days trying to get charts and analytics ready for Executive meetings and the data was always stale and incorrect since we could not pull real-time info from Salesforce. With InsightSquared, we can depend on the data and accuracy we need to provide insights for forecasting, pipeline growth and the overall state of our Sales team.

InsightSquared review by Administrator

"Easy, digestible insights at a glance"

What do you like best?

IS2 takes away the tediousness of reporting gymnastics off of Excel spreadsheets. I also no longer have to explain different segments of reporting when the information is all there on the cards on their dashboard. The near real time factor is a huge bonus too.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice to be able to adjust the colors/visuals of some of these bar charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be intimidated. You will realize quickly what gaps there with your current CRM reporting. IS2 fills those voids.

Mainly the health of our Pipeline. With IS2, we're able to view the trajectory of one's pipeline in a given time frame, whether over the year or quarter to date. It's amazing that at a glance, we can tell what is going on in their Pipeline through the Pipeline flow chart. We as a business never really placed emphasis on historical updates as to what happened when. In addition to that, the historical information gathered in IS2 tells us how much Pipeline value is needed in order to have a "healthy" Pipeline to hit our targets.

InsightSquared review by Geoffrey C.
Geoffrey C.

"End result is good, but it takes a while to get there. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to code out the details as needed. Also, refresh rates were just updated to about 20 minutes for our Slate tables which is awesome! Its a great tool to report on Sales for sure.

What do you dislike?

Mainly that the development is clunky - you have to define tables, then define how those tables join to others, then you can build the report. From scratch, it would probably take 30 - 45 to build a basic booking report in Slate where that should really take 10 minutes max to write out the SQL and execute the request. I understand the need, but it is what it is right.

Also, the flexibility in the dashboards is not there. We need to ability to manage the real estate better. We also need to be able to save the filter at the dashboard level. Speaking of the Dashboard Filters, can we apply them to Slate reports as well?

Bookings/Forecasting. trends over time in Bookings, Pipeline movement etc.

InsightSquared review by User in Computer Software

"Valuable Insights Into Sales"

What do you like best?

I've been impressed with the ability to slice-and-dice the data, to gain insights into various areas of our Sales, Sales Team and Pipeline. Having the option for a wide spectrum of information and insights has been extremely helpful for our team and leadership.

What do you dislike?

There have been some challenges with getting some of the insights updated following changes and updates within our Salesforce.com instance. We have finally been able to get the updates, but the delay has not been optimal, with regards to getting the data synced and updated to reflect the information we were hoping to receive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Investigate if you're able to do a trial, to test and ensure that the tool will meet your specific needs, and provide the data and insights that you're looking to obtain. For our specific use, it has been a great fit and provided valuable insights.

Pipeline Velocity and Forecasting Accuracy. In addition, specifically Trial Conversion Rates and the ability to sort based on various pieces of metadata, which has been extremely helpful and allowed us to make adjustments accordingly.

InsightSquared review by Administrator in Computer Software

"The team at InsightSquared is awesome!"

What do you like best?

The ability to see what is going on with our sales processes. From forecasting to sales funnel management, IS has made it easier for us as a team to know where we stand at any given moment.

What do you dislike?

So far, I don't dislike anything. It allows us to see our data one one place that gives us actionable insight into the issues we are facing. We just went live within the last month or so, so I do not have long-term experience on the platform. However, so far everything seems to be working great.

We've been able to see the pipeline (actual and projected) for each of our reps in real time. It has allowed us to see what each rep has in their individual pipeline as well as the overall pipeline. We have also been able to make sure our reps are entering their data each week to ensure accuracy and creates accountability from rep to rep.

InsightSquared review by User

"Excellent Tool for Tracking and Managing Pipeline"

What do you like best?

We wanted a tool that could go beyond standard Salesforce reports to provide visibility into our enterprise sales pipeline. Often these sales have a long cycle with multiple phases along the way and InsightSquared has been helpful in tracking this data in a structured way, allowing for segmented reports and easy forecasting.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a learning curve with the interface and there are a few frustrations around not having report configuration changes be "remembered" between sessions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for some up front work to get everything configured and your team trained up. Once past this, it is a valuable tool.

It's been valuable to have so many different ways to slice and dice pipeline-related data easily accessible across our enterprise sales team. Prior to this a lot of manual work was required to fully analyze various stages of opportunities with the level of fidelity we were seeking.

InsightSquared review by Benjamin R.
Benjamin R.

"The only tool I've used that I would gladly pay more for"

What do you like best?

Everything. It makes every single painstaking task associated with Salesforce reporting and turns it into easy to use tables & charts. I save about 5-6 hours per week due to InsightSquared and wouldn't have it any other way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. If I had to choose something though would be more options for the color scheme & keep the data key on the chart when its on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you spend more than an hour to run a report in Salesforce, organize the data, and analyze the data you're doing it wrong. InsightSquared will do that for you in less than a minute.

Actually utilizing our sales data to drive data in a meaningful way. We are able to really dissect the sales process from end to end and determine where we are winning and losing to incrementally improve the sales process at each step.

InsightSquared review by Erin B.
Erin B.

"Great insights but not very customizable"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared provides great insight into pipeline growth/melt, individual rep performance and pipeline stages where deals are stalling. This is has also helped our team to better understand deal progression patterns and improve the accuracy of our forecasts.

What do you dislike?

The implementation process felt artificially long and didn't get our team to the launch point we desired. Also, the system is not very flexible and allows for very little customization even though the data already is being pulled into the platform. Leaderboards are particularly limited.

InsightSquared serves as our sales analytics and reporting tool - before InsightSquared, we were using Salesforce Dashboards and reports for our Quarterly Sales Reviews and rep 1:1s but found them very manual and tedious. InsightSquared solves the problem of stale data, reduces prep time for reviews and keeps our team focused on the numbers that matter, ultimately increasing rep accountability.

InsightSquared review by User

"IS2 for the win!"

What do you like best?

The best part about IS2 is the ability to historically track data/see the movement week over week so we can stay ahead of our pipeline and accurately level against our forecast. The options for different types of graphs and dashboards are awesome and I appreciate how you can always drill down to smaller data points.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you are stuck with reporting off of a limited amount of fields- however, with slate you can customize anything!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend purchasing slate to sit on top if IS2 so you can customize reports!

Benefits are easy and clear ways to see the data that Salesforce doesn't allow you to present in that way. We are able to see things like what our reps are actually closing versus what they've committed versus what they've forecasted. Also- basic metrics like time to close, deal size, etc.

InsightSquared review by Quinn R.
Quinn R.

"Easy to use ONCE you mess around inside of it"

What do you like best?

It is easy to benchmark against other peers and how you can select metrics easily inside the platform. You can also search for lost opportunities easily as well.

What do you dislike?

how it is confusing to create reports, usually rely on peer built reports. Once you have a decent about of reports built that you want to see it is functional but you can spend quite some time looking at that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have good customer support and training videos for new hires.

benchmarking sales activities across the floor to ensure there is enough outbound to continue to grow as an organization. It can be difficult to rely solely on salesforce to understand where everyone stands as there are various outbound platforms and things can be logged differently so this allows you to quickly pull all dispositions into one view.

InsightSquared review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Easy to use analytics tracking"

What do you like best?

I love the customizable dashboards that you can easily create. I can make up a list of a few different reports that I want to appear the minute that I login. This way, I have the most important things for me to see right when I log in

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit easier to generate new reports. I find myself often sticking to the reports that I have already scheduled as opposed to creating new ones to generate insights. Although, this could be due more to the user than the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales/recruiting team to track numbers and to use collaboratively

Easy for me to track the work that I am doing on a daily basis. Also, very easy to compare my work to my goals on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. It is also a great way for me to compare myself to my peers and keep track of my earnings.

InsightSquared review by Derek D.
Derek D.

"Understand the 'Why?' behind your Data"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared allows us to dive deeper into our data to understand the 'why' behind our numbers: stage conversion rates and win rates allow us to better forecast our success; detailed historical pipeline snapshots allow us to better analyze the health of our pipeline; and trajectory charts allow us to monitor our progression to targets. With the ability to use an unlimited number of cards in any dashboard, we are able to utilize clear and concise charts, tables and headlines to build complete views of all aspects of our Sales business. Charts and tables are visually appealing, which allows me to simply copy/paste them into presentations. The gamification feature is a nice bonus. Once configured, the tool is also quite easy to use. Customer Support is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Custom reporting is not as flexible as one would hope. The pre-existing report types are great, but come with a pre-determined framework that doesn't allow for creativity and flexibility in viewing data points in different ways. It would also be nice for data to be live, rather than refreshed every 30mins.

InsightSquared gives us a more complete view of our sales data, and therefore a better understanding of our sales cycle. We have a clear view of changes to our pipeline; can better measure KPIs; and have instant access to automated analytics, among other things. As an analyst, this allows me to better understand the 'why?' behind our data, and share these insights with our leadership team to make more informed business decisions.

InsightSquared review by Todd S.
Todd S.

"President/CEO"

What do you like best?

IS2 provides our team a clear way to look at what is working and what is not. The ability to sort and graph data makes it easily presentable when activity issues arise. We are able to predict revenue based on some general assumptions. The ability to look at data as a company, division, group or individual is ideal. We are able to clearly demonstrate to new hire how the right activities will translate into commissions for them.

What do you dislike?

Only wish would be a system as robust as IS2 was embedded into our ATS system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Team adaption and acceptance is very important. It is a tool to drive self starter team members not just management.

IS2 allows us to see activity fall off in individuals thus allowing us to adjust behaviors prior to it becoming a results issue.

InsightSquared review by Greg L.
Greg L.

"Director of Sales Enablement and Operations"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has provided our sales leadership with more actionable insights in a more timely manner than any other analytics tool that I have used in the past. It also helps that they do it in a visual way that is easier to understand for those not in sales.

What do you dislike?

Reports can be hard to customize, but I'm told that new products designed to fix that are on the horizon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a complete understanding of what InsightSquared can and cannot do for you. They excel in the areas that they are focus on, but there are some things within reporting that just aren't possible.

We are able to do a lot with InsightSquared:

- forecasting (accuracy and weighted)

- executive sales reviews

- 1:1 Sales Manager reviews

- SaaS Metrics for Board Meetings

- Marketing attribution reports

InsightSquared review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"Fantastic tool for growing sales teams!"

What do you like best?

Great value for money! InsightSquare has great off-the-shelf reports and charts, answering most questions sales teams face. InsightSquared is super easy to set up, the customer success team really goes above and beyond to make sure the account is pulling the right data, and we are leveraging the tool to its best.

It works seamless with Salesforce, and data is refreshed almost in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Bulk changes to reports/dashboards can be time consuming sometimes. But there is not much to complain about the tool so far. It serves our current requirements quite well. Customer Success has been quick to respond and help us out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you don't have internal resources for customising reports.

We wanted a platform that allowed us to give full visibility of our growth metrics to every team member. InsightSquare makes it super easy, including training our team leads and whoever was interested in using the platform.

InsightSquared review by Rick C.
Rick C.

"What Salesforce should do for you"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has done the first 80% of the work for you - creating standard reports across a number of dimensions. They've gone ahead and even created all of the options you'll want to think about as you decide what to do.

What do you dislike?

Setting things up with a custom starting point took a short while, but it also revealed data integrity and quality problems that we didn't know we had.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time and cost to implement is a major plus.

Also, more power is good, but what opportunities do you lose out on while you're implementing?

The key difference is being able to look at both current data as well as data as of a past date, like as of last quarter. Salesforce doesn't like those kinds of reports that make perfect sense to anyone trying to analyze performance.

InsightSquared review by Carrie H.
Carrie H.

"Metric-Driven Sales Team Must-Have Tool"

What do you like best?

I can dig into every aspect of our sales cycle, behavior patterns of each sales person and stay goal oriented. I love how I can send reports to co-workers, team leaders or consultants outside the organization on a regular basis. The dashboards give me team a quick glance as to what is going on and the ability to dig in further if needed. We used Salesforce dashboard/reports prior which cannot hold a candle to the ease and information IS2 can give you in half in the time. If you use SF as your CRM, then you must add IS2 as your metric-tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the customer service is top notch and the training material/videos is comprehensive. The onboarding was seamless and my ongoing questions are answered quickly.

We wanted to understand our sales cycle (why does it take x-days) and understand where in the cycle presented the most problems by client and by sales person. Now we feel we are a metric driven sales team and we understand how to support, teach and lead the sales team more effectively.

InsightSquared review by Heidi B.
Heidi B.

"The data you need at your finger tips "

What do you like best?

I like that I can EASILY access the information I need to illustrate how my group is performing. The data is presented in a clear manner and I can pivot to ask additional questions in real time. The access to the data has given our group CREDIBILITY with executives.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is not really anything that comes to mind. I am pleased with the performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared gives you the visibility you need and flexibility required to answer critical questions on your pipeline and revenue performance. For us it was not hard to get started. Good team and solid support.

I need the ability to answer questions about our revenue funnel in real-time. For instance, I want to quickly narrow in on WHERE we should focus our efforts and energy - in my case I saw we had a later stage funnel issue to my group could spend time there - versus earlier stages. In addition to optimizations, I can easily understand how we are performing (pipeline).

InsightSquared review by Rolf K.
Rolf K.

"Can't imagine not using it!"

What do you like best?

I love that they are always innovating and creating new ways to look at data. I've been in staffing for 20 years and IS2 is by far the best way I have seen to look at activity trends and financial data.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could average out the activity data as it relates to the filter. In other words if I am looking at recruiter activity data for a quarter and my time filter is weekly, at the end I'd love to see average per week. If the filter was monthly, it would say average per month. (To be fair I haven't specifically asked for this, they can probably easily do it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sooooo good. They know the staffing industry and they know data!

Knowing which activities create which results and taking that data and making business decisions or helping coach team members on how they can become more productive. I can also use the data to help forecast.

InsightSquared review by Lauren  F.
Lauren F.

"Regional Sales Manager"

What do you like best?

The platform allows me to forecast most accurately on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, but also helping to zero in and plan my day down to the hour - showing which deals pose the most risk and conversely which have the best opportunity of closing due to the momentum/value.

InsightSquared also allows us to look at our individual performance but also segment our performance based on product which is helpful when you are selling a multitude of products. Being able to step back and see where you've having the most success and maybe where you could improve helps define goals as a salesperson and understanding where we may need more training or marketing to push that product.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough one here - just about any request we've had to customize our cards and dashboards has been do-able! On my wish list would be having the access to create my own dashboard vs. what shows up for our team and perhaps hiding certain cards that I am not as focused on with my role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo and see what the product has to offer. We had a fantastic experience with the demo - she made it look easy and efficient so we can focus on selling.

We are selling cloud-based solutions to a variety of businesses in the hospitality industry - in my role focusing on solutions that assist in growing group revenue.

InsightSquared gives us the opportunity to analyze our pipeline strategically & efficiently by looking at deal size, past buying history and a multitude of other factors impacting their business decision.

It allows us to help the hospitality industry focus on their group business while we figure out which of our solutions will help them maximize group revenue with increased efficiency, mobility and collaboration.

InsightSquared review by Grant N.
Grant N.

"Outstanding Sales Metrics Tool"

What do you like best?

This tool provides great insight into the sales of any companies business. Dashboards that are pre-built to provide key metrics at a glance is the reason that any Sales Director, VP, COO, CFO or CEO would get tremendous value from this tool.

What do you dislike?

Some of the dashboards don't make as much sense as others, but overall, there isn't much to criticize about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, you won't be sorry. Best investment we ever made.

There are baseline metrics that every sales leader needs at their finger tips. Then there are those metrics that can be very helpful in determining the future growth or retraction of the organization. Then there are those metrics which provide great insight into a key decision or investment that you want to make. Insight Squared delivers on all three layers.

InsightSquared review by Shelby A.
Shelby A.

"Great Tool for the Analyst"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability quickly manipulate Salesforce data to look at different groups, products, etc to answer ad hoc questions from mgmt. Additionally InsightSquared support is phenomenal, if you have any trouble answering a business problem they will make the proper adjustments behind the scenes to get you there.

What do you dislike?

A few of the reports like Quota Heatmap and Bookings Overtime prorate goals based on number of days that have passed in the Month/Qtr to show progress. Unfortunately, at this time this functionality cannot be removed in IS2 to look at the full current Month/Qtr. goals.

I use this product daily for bookings updates, reporting, ad hoc analysis, and more. It is much quicker and easier to pull sales data and manipulate it within InsightSquared than Salesforce or Excel.

InsightSquared review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

The data is displayed in such a way where Sales folks can analyze and predict future closings. The Sales pipeline analysis does a great job of showing management how they are likely to perform.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike. I think having an easier way to import data (it's not hard currently) would help a novice user not need any technical skills to get the data represented in the way they're looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want data visualization with sales figures, there isn't a better salesforce integration than InsightSquared.

Just being able to show the ability to emphasize how our sales process works in an visual format to folks who don't like numbers. The biggest benefits are just how easy it is to display any sales related info from SalesForce that we want.

InsightSquared review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Amazing historical insight that Salesforce can't give me"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the reports we can pull as well as the historical analysis of our sales pipeline and deals is incredible. This tool has given us the insight we need to optimize our funnel, overall company performance, and make smarter predictions about our future.

What do you dislike?

I want all the modules, and it's a little expensive for us based on our current company size. But I think that's a good business move by them. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial — it's awesome and what convinced us it was worth the investment.

It's allowed us to get real insight into the historical funnel, sales cycle, average contract size, pipeline, and more. Now, we're making smarter decisions on where we focus our efforts to qualify, prioritize, and optimize pieces of our process that stick out as super important.

InsightSquared review by Len P.
Len P.

"Really Flexible and Comprehensive BI Platform"

What do you like best?

I've been a user with InsightSquared for about a year. As soon as I took the plunge and implemented, I immediately knew I made the right decision. My pipeline meetings take no time to prepare for. My team all uses the same set of dashboards to track their own performance and I don't have to do a thing. I like that InsightSquared tries as much as possible to build an off the shelf tool, but they are also great about taking feedback and making customer-focused improvements.

What do you dislike?

The only think I don't like is the transferability of the visualizations into PowerPoint. Our executive updates and other presentations are all in powerpoint and the only option for export is to print screen, copy and paste. It's ok, but it would be great if it were better. The status quo leaves me with less pretty PPT's than I would like - small price to pay for the great attributes of the product.

I manage my entire pipeline and through InsightSquared. I do very little reporting work in Salesforce itself anymore. This tool has saved me hours and hours of Excel work.

InsightSquared review by Christine N.
Christine N.

"Excellent tool for analytics!"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has become a valuable tool for us in measuring our teams activities, results, and financial stats. We're able to determine which job orders need additional work, which clients provide the highest level of opportunities for deals, which employees are achieving their metrics and performance expectations. The ability to slice and dice in a multitude of ways makes it easy to find and evaluate the performance metrics.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of customization. There are some capabilities that I don't feel we completely understand how to configure, and finding/making the time to either figure it out on our own, or connect with the helpdesk doesn't always happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We utilized BullHorn. We found it's reporting far from meeting our needs. InsightSquared was a valuable tool that we depend on daily.

It has allowed us to understand clearly our team individual performance. We can see which job orders we gain the most benefit from and which ones we should spend less time working. We can easily see which clients have the biggest overall gross margin and revenue impact.

InsightSquared review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Good for analytics"

What do you like best?

It's easier to create meaningful dashboards and understand your sales metrics with InsightSquared than it is with Salesforce native reports and dashboards. That said, the Lightning upgrade is closing the gap quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's a little pricey especially for early stage companies. Their implementation team didn't help us achieve success. Our CEO had to take the reins and make the implementation work. As a result it sat for 1 year without much use.

Data driven coaching for our AEs

Board-level dashboards ready to go to board decks without any massaging in excel.

Learn more about InsightSquared

InsightSquared Videos

Learning about InsightSquared?

* We monitor all InsightSquared reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.