InsightSquared

InsightSquared helps sales operations professionals break the cycle of spreadsheets by equipping them with actionable, real-time intelligence on virtually all sales KPIs. Fast growing technology companies rely on the company's solutions to forecast more accurately, better manage pipeline, tailor rep coaching based on individual performance, and conduct data-backed planning and analysis.
Learn more

More data-driven decisions on sales performance and marketing.

May 16, 2018

Brian C.
Head of Marketing, BzzAgent from dunnhumby
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

InsightSquared enables us to make more data-driven decision on sales performance and marketing. Our CRM has a ton of information, but the reports are simple. They’re fine for managing a pipeline, but less helpful for understanding what can be done to optimize and improve a team. I used to spend hours exporting reports from Salesforce and manipulating pivot tables to create rep views of performance and behaviors over time. Insight Squared automates all that so I can spend more time thinking about what the data means and what can be done about it.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike about the tool. I use average trending lines in Excel often, it would be good to have that here. We have sales people in multiple countries, so I do currency conversions manually. I understand multiple currency management is a feature of the higher level package.

The level of report customization is a key benefit. I created a global dashboard of the metrics we want on current quarter sales, pipeline and opportunity details. I duplicated it by market so country leaders can see the same data for their own teams. Another dashboard looks at rep performance to track benchmarks at each stage of the funnel and to identify where additional rep guidance, or account-based marketing, is needed.

Loss analysis used to be a periodic report activity, now its updated constantly so trends can be spotted early.

The charts and graphs are slick and perfect for presentations, saving time exporting data to Excel and then to Powerpoint. To keep execs up to date, current pipeline charts are automatically emailed Monday mornings.

Simple platform transforms sales cycle

May 15, 2018

Alexander S.

5.0
What do you like best?

The IS2 platform is incredibly intuitive and makes building believable and relevant business cases easy to form. By using this solution, the sales cycle has drastically shortened and turned 'sales' calls into true 'business' calls.

Over time we have worked with the IS2 team to mold the benefits and assumptions around our solutions so that each case fits our business model. Blown away that is takes 5 minutes to build a ValueBrief that is truly presentable and is very easy to talk through.

What do you dislike?

Initially the platform was a bit wonky and glitched, but with updates and some work internally these issues have been fixed and are non-existent.

Building business cases/ROIs for stakeholders & decision makers.

The ability to get around 'blockers' is generally a real challenge - But when using the property's ACTUAL numbers to build out these cases, there's not a lot they can say. The flexibility of the platform to show the breakdown of multi-year tiered pricing is a complete game changer.

IS2 is great!

March 01, 2018

Serenity M.
Sales Operations Systems Administrator at Reltio
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

What do you like best?

Insight Squared (IS2) saves me a lot of time in preparing reports and analytics for executives. One of my company's values is to embrace tools- Insight Squared makes that easy. It is the leadership team who uses this tool the most, and they notice if something changes.

What do you dislike?

Filtering can be a bit simple, I cannot add as complex of logic as I would like. (Opportunity contains filter A OR filter B OR filter C, for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is worth it if 1 executive buys into it. Eventually, other executives and direct reports will come onboard, it takes 1 good leader to see the value to make it worthwhile.

The leadership team uses IS2 to understand if there is enough pipeline created to meet goals. This influences hiring decisions, goal setting and coaching. The insights on the days in the sales cycle have been extremely helpful in coaching the sales team.

Amazing service following a well orchestrated sales process

January 26, 2018

Adam B.

501-1000 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

The platform is really simple to use and the reporting is straightforward. The customer service following the sale is truly amazing. Our customer success manager has done an excellent job of helping me achieve my #1 goal of getting our first line managers using the tool. She is very responsive, patient and knowledgeable. It totally blew my mind when no less than 3 of our managers mentioned our IN2 CSM by in the QBR.

The sales process was predictable and professional. I knew exactly what we we signing up for and wasn't surprised by anything post-sale. Great team over there.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there should be more overlap with some of the reports - but it's more of a personal preference.

Our goal was to provide our first line managers with actionable data and insight needed to run their team/business. We've made significant progress in the first 3 months with IN2

Need help finding the right software?
Chat with a G2 Guide

Easy set up, great customer support

January 02, 2018

Melissa W.
Senior Director, Global Sales Operations
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees

What do you like best?

I've now implemented InsightSquared at 2 different companies. It's my go-to BI tool. The out of the box cards are super useful and the configuration of custom cards is very easy and intuitive. We are able to drive all of our quarterly business reviews right from the dashboards, no .ppts needed! My executives like having the ability to directly access the info from SFDC and appreciate the high reliability of the data. Finally, the support team is very on top of it, know their product, and resolution has been quick.

What do you dislike?

I used to not like how you had to pay for a seat for any user in SFDC if you wanted their data to show up, even though they didn't need a log in. InsightSquared fixed that though with their new pricing model.

Visibility into sales productivity, average deals sizes with easy drill downs, no weekly reports to pull - our sales management drives all of their sales one on ones, quarterly business reviews, etc. from InsightSquared.

Historical Tracking Simplified

December 29, 2017

Alex B.
Sales Operations Manager at Honest Buildings
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

3.5
What do you like best?

The main reason my company uses InsightSquared is for historical/snapshot reporting that SFDC currently simply can't handle. It allows us the ability to see what our pipeline was at a specific point in time.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add and subtract users. I was given the advice to deactivate the user in SFDC and then give them a new license, which seems bizarre. Also, some of the built in reports to show retention, attrition, etc., aren't explained very well, and you have to search in glossaries and help text. That's fine, but not the quickest/simplest way to get that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our instance was set up by a previous employee and my company barely uses it anymore. Make sure to make it as specific to your organization as possible in the implementation phase, as I have struggled to really understand our setup and how to fix it. The customer support team is helpful, but I don't think they want to waste time on essentially a second implementation with us.

Mostly data visualization and historical tracking. As our SFDC Admin, I can admit that Salesforce reporting, especially historical, is nowhere near where it needs to be, and that's where IS has found it's niche. I hope and assume that it is still growing and improving, as it is a good start but needs more to offer to beat out similar, higher end tools.

Finally, a Business Insights Platform that predicts my questions!

December 16, 2016

Linda F.
Vice President of Business Operations at EverString
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

The Library of reports is just incredible, above and beyond my expectations. I've found answers to questions I didn't know I had yet, and with a couple of clicks I can share the reports with the Exec team, giving everyone a deeper understanding of our trends and forecasts.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to modify the charts within the library reports, and I imagine that is something I will be able to do in the future, as InsightSquared is constantly updating features and settings.

I'm saving significant time in designing, building and validating my reports. I can be asked a question for our Exec team for board preparation and have answers and professional charts to them within minutes.

Best BI and Sales Analytics Tool Available Today

Adam P.
Director, Sales & Marketing Operations at MarketStar
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1001-5000 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

InsightSquared is one of the most powerful, intuitive, and visually stunning BI and sales and marketing analytics tool on the market today. I started using them in 2013 and they are just as valuable today in 2017 as they were then. They have 90% of all the reports that I need as the Director of Revenue operations to manage my lead development team, sales team, and marketing team. The data that InsightSquared provides is presented to our Executive team on a weekly basis to make timely business decisions. The sales trending charts are fantastic—looking at current year trending against last year and historic averages is key to determining how we are doing. Then the real power comes in as we segment these reports by business channel (Direct vs Indirect), business unit, new brand, and current client growth trending.

One of the best decisions I have made was adding InsightSquared to my technology stack and it has paid for itself over and over again.

What do you dislike?

I'm hard pressed to find anything I dislike about this product or company. Cost is always a consideration and compared to others they fall right in line, but the value and ease of doing business is well worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared has a fantastic base package and continues to innovate and role out great new features often. Love the new dashboard just released in Oct 2017.

This is from a case study I wrote a few years ago with the InsightSquared Marketing team. http://www.insightsquared.com/2015/08/marketstar-case-study/

When Price came on board to enable MarketStar’s sales and marketing teams, he had several complicated issues to tackle regarding their reporting capabilities. First and foremost, MarketStar executives did not have visibility into their marketing efforts, specifically Marketing ROI and Marketing Pipeline Contribution. In addition, Price needed to evaluate, refine, and document the company’s sales processes and transition to a new CRM (Salesforce).

What it boiled down to was that Price needed to provide executive-level reporting, and actionable metrics to his teams as quickly as possible. To provide all of this information, Price needed to build reports – really good reports. His biggest challenge was that the custom, internally built reporting system the team had in place was far too time consuming to meet the demands placed on...

Simple Yet Powerful Sales Analytics Tool

Nick R.
Sales Manager
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how quickly I am able to pull the most pertinent analytics based off my sales data. With so many different "base" reports available, I'm very easily able to grab suggested reports within seconds, but also be able to filter to specific scenarios or data sets I'm curious about.

The visualization of the data and the ability to completely customize my dashboards makes it so much easier for me to do my job of understanding my sales team's trends and projections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that may get annoying at times is how quickly the data will get refreshed/pulled from Salesforce. In a perfect, world, the instant/real-time data refresh would be preferred, but I can live with the 30-45 minutes wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when weighing the option of using Salesforce's core reports vs adding on an additional analytics tool - keep in mind IS2 entire business is focused on innovating the data and analytics side of businesses.

The entire spectrum from sales forecasting, to understanding performance trends, to effectively running 1-1 pipeline meetings. InsightSquared allows me to quickly pull all of the reports needed to do my job as a modern sales manager would.

Easy, digestible insights at a glance

201-500 employees

3.5
What do you like best?

IS2 takes away the tediousness of reporting gymnastics off of Excel spreadsheets. I also no longer have to explain different segments of reporting when the information is all there on the cards on their dashboard. The near real time factor is a huge bonus too.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice to be able to adjust the colors/visuals of some of these bar charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be intimidated. You will realize quickly what gaps there with your current CRM reporting. IS2 fills those voids.

Mainly the health of our Pipeline. With IS2, we're able to view the trajectory of one's pipeline in a given time frame, whether over the year or quarter to date. It's amazing that at a glance, we can tell what is going on in their Pipeline through the Pipeline flow chart. We as a business never really placed emphasis on historical updates as to what happened when. In addition to that, the historical information gathered in IS2 tells us how much Pipeline value is needed in order to have a "healthy" Pipeline to hit our targets.

End result is good, but it takes a while to get there.

Geoffrey C.
Sales Operations Data Analyst at UiPath
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

2.5
What do you like best?

I like the ability to code out the details as needed. Also, refresh rates were just updated to about 20 minutes for our Slate tables which is awesome! Its a great tool to report on Sales for sure.

What do you dislike?

Mainly that the development is clunky - you have to define tables, then define how those tables join to others, then you can build the report. From scratch, it would probably take 30 - 45 to build a basic booking report in Slate where that should really take 10 minutes max to write out the SQL and execute the request. I understand the need, but it is what it is right.

Also, the flexibility in the dashboards is not there. We need to ability to manage the real estate better. We also need to be able to save the filter at the dashboard level. Speaking of the Dashboard Filters, can we apply them to Slate reports as well?

Bookings/Forecasting. trends over time in Bookings, Pipeline movement etc.

Easy to use ONCE you mess around inside of it

Quinn R.
Account Executive at TrendKite

3.5
What do you like best?

It is easy to benchmark against other peers and how you can select metrics easily inside the platform. You can also search for lost opportunities easily as well.

What do you dislike?

how it is confusing to create reports, usually rely on peer built reports. Once you have a decent about of reports built that you want to see it is functional but you can spend quite some time looking at that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have good customer support and training videos for new hires.

benchmarking sales activities across the floor to ensure there is enough outbound to continue to grow as an organization. It can be difficult to rely solely on salesforce to understand where everyone stands as there are various outbound platforms and things can be logged differently so this allows you to quickly pull all dispositions into one view.

Easy to use analytics tracking

June 20, 2017

Ryan S.
Connecting Technical Talent to the Top Places to Work in Chicago
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

What do you like best?

I love the customizable dashboards that you can easily create. I can make up a list of a few different reports that I want to appear the minute that I login. This way, I have the most important things for me to see right when I log in

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit easier to generate new reports. I find myself often sticking to the reports that I have already scheduled as opposed to creating new ones to generate insights. Although, this could be due more to the user than the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales/recruiting team to track numbers and to use collaboratively

Easy for me to track the work that I am doing on a daily basis. Also, very easy to compare my work to my goals on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. It is also a great way for me to compare myself to my peers and keep track of my earnings.

Understand the 'Why?' behind your Data

June 12, 2017

Derek D.
Sales Operations Analyst at Vision Critical
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

InsightSquared allows us to dive deeper into our data to understand the 'why' behind our numbers: stage conversion rates and win rates allow us to better forecast our success; detailed historical pipeline snapshots allow us to better analyze the health of our pipeline; and trajectory charts allow us to monitor our progression to targets. With the ability to use an unlimited number of cards in any dashboard, we are able to utilize clear and concise charts, tables and headlines to build complete views of all aspects of our Sales business. Charts and tables are visually appealing, which allows me to simply copy/paste them into presentations. The gamification feature is a nice bonus. Once configured, the tool is also quite easy to use. Customer Support is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Custom reporting is not as flexible as one would hope. The pre-existing report types are great, but come with a pre-determined framework that doesn't allow for creativity and flexibility in viewing data points in different ways. It would also be nice for data to be live, rather than refreshed every 30mins.

InsightSquared gives us a more complete view of our sales data, and therefore a better understanding of our sales cycle. We have a clear view of changes to our pipeline; can better measure KPIs; and have instant access to automated analytics, among other things. As an analyst, this allows me to better understand the 'why?' behind our data, and share these insights with our leadership team to make more informed business decisions.

Director of Sales Enablement and Operations

Greg L.
Director of Sales Strategy and Operations at Lingotek
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has provided our sales leadership with more actionable insights in a more timely manner than any other analytics tool that I have used in the past. It also helps that they do it in a visual way that is easier to understand for those not in sales.

What do you dislike?

Reports can be hard to customize, but I'm told that new products designed to fix that are on the horizon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a complete understanding of what InsightSquared can and cannot do for you. They excel in the areas that they are focus on, but there are some things within reporting that just aren't possible.

We are able to do a lot with InsightSquared:

- forecasting (accuracy and weighted)

- executive sales reviews

- 1:1 Sales Manager reviews

- SaaS Metrics for Board Meetings

- Marketing attribution reports

Fantastic tool for growing sales teams!

June 05, 2017

Claudia C.
Strategy & Marketing

5.0
What do you like best?

Great value for money! InsightSquare has great off-the-shelf reports and charts, answering most questions sales teams face. InsightSquared is super easy to set up, the customer success team really goes above and beyond to make sure the account is pulling the right data, and we are leveraging the tool to its best.

It works seamless with Salesforce, and data is refreshed almost in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Bulk changes to reports/dashboards can be time consuming sometimes. But there is not much to complain about the tool so far. It serves our current requirements quite well. Customer Success has been quick to respond and help us out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you don't have internal resources for customising reports.

We wanted a platform that allowed us to give full visibility of our growth metrics to every team member. InsightSquare makes it super easy, including training our team leads and whoever was interested in using the platform.

Metric-Driven Sales Team Must-Have Tool

Carrie H.
Director of Sales Operations and Marketing at PharmMD
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

I can dig into every aspect of our sales cycle, behavior patterns of each sales person and stay goal oriented. I love how I can send reports to co-workers, team leaders or consultants outside the organization on a regular basis. The dashboards give me team a quick glance as to what is going on and the ability to dig in further if needed. We used Salesforce dashboard/reports prior which cannot hold a candle to the ease and information IS2 can give you in half in the time. If you use SF as your CRM, then you must add IS2 as your metric-tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the customer service is top notch and the training material/videos is comprehensive. The onboarding was seamless and my ongoing questions are answered quickly.

We wanted to understand our sales cycle (why does it take x-days) and understand where in the cycle presented the most problems by client and by sales person. Now we feel we are a metric driven sales team and we understand how to support, teach and lead the sales team more effectively.

The data you need at your finger tips

May 22, 2018

Heidi B.
CMO @ Engagio prior GVP Global Marketing @Marketo (I am hiring!)

5.0
What do you like best?

I like that I can EASILY access the information I need to illustrate how my group is performing. The data is presented in a clear manner and I can pivot to ask additional questions in real time. The access to the data has given our group CREDIBILITY with executives.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is not really anything that comes to mind. I am pleased with the performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared gives you the visibility you need and flexibility required to answer critical questions on your pipeline and revenue performance. For us it was not hard to get started. Good team and solid support.

I need the ability to answer questions about our revenue funnel in real-time. For instance, I want to quickly narrow in on WHERE we should focus our efforts and energy - in my case I saw we had a later stage funnel issue to my group could spend time there - versus earlier stages. In addition to optimizations, I can easily understand how we are performing (pipeline).

Can't imagine not using it!

April 23, 2015

Rolf K.
CEO at Kranect | IT Staffing | Colorado | Entrepreneur | IT Recruiting | President - Colorado Staffing Association | SIM
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

I love that they are always innovating and creating new ways to look at data. I've been in staffing for 20 years and IS2 is by far the best way I have seen to look at activity trends and financial data.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could average out the activity data as it relates to the filter. In other words if I am looking at recruiter activity data for a quarter and my time filter is weekly, at the end I'd love to see average per week. If the filter was monthly, it would say average per month. (To be fair I haven't specifically asked for this, they can probably easily do it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sooooo good. They know the staffing industry and they know data!

Knowing which activities create which results and taking that data and making business decisions or helping coach team members on how they can become more productive. I can also use the data to help forecast.

Regional Sales Manager

May 16, 2018

Lauren F.

5.0
What do you like best?

The platform allows me to forecast most accurately on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, but also helping to zero in and plan my day down to the hour - showing which deals pose the most risk and conversely which have the best opportunity of closing due to the momentum/value.

InsightSquared also allows us to look at our individual performance but also segment our performance based on product which is helpful when you are selling a multitude of products. Being able to step back and see where you've having the most success and maybe where you could improve helps define goals as a salesperson and understanding where we may need more training or marketing to push that product.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough one here - just about any request we've had to customize our cards and dashboards has been do-able! On my wish list would be having the access to create my own dashboard vs. what shows up for our team and perhaps hiding certain cards that I am not as focused on with my role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo and see what the product has to offer. We had a fantastic experience with the demo - she made it look easy and efficient so we can focus on selling.

We are selling cloud-based solutions to a variety of businesses in the hospitality industry - in my role focusing on solutions that assist in growing group revenue.

InsightSquared gives us the opportunity to analyze our pipeline strategically & efficiently by looking at deal size, past buying history and a multitude of other factors impacting their business decision.

It allows us to help the hospitality industry focus on their group business while we figure out which of our solutions will help them maximize group revenue with increased efficiency, mobility and collaboration.

Outstanding Sales Metrics Tool

Grant N.
Making a Difference

5.0
What do you like best?

This tool provides great insight into the sales of any companies business. Dashboards that are pre-built to provide key metrics at a glance is the reason that any Sales Director, VP, COO, CFO or CEO would get tremendous value from this tool.

What do you dislike?

Some of the dashboards don't make as much sense as others, but overall, there isn't much to criticize about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, you won't be sorry. Best investment we ever made.

There are baseline metrics that every sales leader needs at their finger tips. Then there are those metrics that can be very helpful in determining the future growth or retraction of the organization. Then there are those metrics which provide great insight into a key decision or investment that you want to make. Insight Squared delivers on all three layers.

Great Tool for the Analyst

October 24, 2017

Shelby A.
Financial Analyst at Certify, Inc.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

I love having the ability quickly manipulate Salesforce data to look at different groups, products, etc to answer ad hoc questions from mgmt. Additionally InsightSquared support is phenomenal, if you have any trouble answering a business problem they will make the proper adjustments behind the scenes to get you there.

What do you dislike?

A few of the reports like Quota Heatmap and Bookings Overtime prorate goals based on number of days that have passed in the Month/Qtr to show progress. Unfortunately, at this time this functionality cannot be removed in IS2 to look at the full current Month/Qtr. goals.

I use this product daily for bookings updates, reporting, ad hoc analysis, and more. It is much quicker and easier to pull sales data and manipulate it within InsightSquared than Salesforce or Excel.

Amazing historical insight that Salesforce can't give me

August 30, 2017

Eric P.
Co-founder & Chief Product Officer at PactSafe
Internet, 11-50 employees

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the reports we can pull as well as the historical analysis of our sales pipeline and deals is incredible. This tool has given us the insight we need to optimize our funnel, overall company performance, and make smarter predictions about our future.

What do you dislike?

I want all the modules, and it's a little expensive for us based on our current company size. But I think that's a good business move by them. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial — it's awesome and what convinced us it was worth the investment.

It's allowed us to get real insight into the historical funnel, sales cycle, average contract size, pipeline, and more. Now, we're making smarter decisions on where we focus our efforts to qualify, prioritize, and optimize pieces of our process that stick out as super important.

Really Flexible and Comprehensive BI Platform

February 27, 2018

Len P.
Vice President of Partnership Development at Veterinary Practice Partners
Veterinary, 501-1000 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

I've been a user with InsightSquared for about a year. As soon as I took the plunge and implemented, I immediately knew I made the right decision. My pipeline meetings take no time to prepare for. My team all uses the same set of dashboards to track their own performance and I don't have to do a thing. I like that InsightSquared tries as much as possible to build an off the shelf tool, but they are also great about taking feedback and making customer-focused improvements.

What do you dislike?

The only think I don't like is the transferability of the visualizations into PowerPoint. Our executive updates and other presentations are all in powerpoint and the only option for export is to print screen, copy and paste. It's ok, but it would be great if it were better. The status quo leaves me with less pretty PPT's than I would like - small price to pay for the great attributes of the product.

I manage my entire pipeline and through InsightSquared. I do very little reporting work in Salesforce itself anymore. This tool has saved me hours and hours of Excel work.

Excellent tool for analytics!

February 27, 2018

Christine N.
Seeking IT/Cyber Security recruiting or employment? We can help!
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

InsightSquared has become a valuable tool for us in measuring our teams activities, results, and financial stats. We're able to determine which job orders need additional work, which clients provide the highest level of opportunities for deals, which employees are achieving their metrics and performance expectations. The ability to slice and dice in a multitude of ways makes it easy to find and evaluate the performance metrics.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of customization. There are some capabilities that I don't feel we completely understand how to configure, and finding/making the time to either figure it out on our own, or connect with the helpdesk doesn't always happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We utilized BullHorn. We found it's reporting far from meeting our needs. InsightSquared was a valuable tool that we depend on daily.

It has allowed us to understand clearly our team individual performance. We can see which job orders we gain the most benefit from and which ones we should spend less time working. We can easily see which clients have the biggest overall gross margin and revenue impact.

Incredible SFDC intelligence with a few simple clicks

Vinny P.
Salesforce Jack of all Trades to reduce friction and increase productivity
Internet, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

IS2 is awesome because they already have all the reports you can ever dream of already created. All you need to do is find the report type, set your filters and you're off to the races.

What do you dislike?

There isn't honestly anything horrible about the tool. They demo exactly what the tool can do with a quick onboarding process.

SFDC is an amazing tool...however, it's reporting engine is lackluster at best. This is where IS2 really shines. With the ability to look at weighted pipeline based off each rep's individual contribution then blanketed across the board is extremely valuable. Reviewing your Pipeline report and seeing the momentum of last related activity or how long it has been in that stage is also extremely valuable as well.

Data visibility for the whole organization

May 26, 2017

Christina W.
Problem solver with a mission to help companies grow
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

The user-friendliness of the platform makes business intelligence much more accessible. They have a great set of reporting for each module that addresses every role in the sales and marketing departments.

The CSM and technical teams' expertise to share their knowledge is very helpful in navigating how to best visualize the data in the various ways in the platform. It's great working with them!

What do you dislike?

Making bulk changes in the dashboards can be tough if you need to update the filtering across multiple tiles.

We were interested in visualizing our data in a way where we can easily gain insights to make decisions. Now we have visibility from top of funnel all the way through closed won/lost and can make more intelligent decisions, whether it be improving a stage in our sales cycle or to how we generate pipeline.

Great analytics tool

July 07, 2017

Ryan H.
Controller at Objective Paradigm

4.0
What do you like best?

Has some great canned reports, graphs and charts. Easy to use and setup. Works well with Bullhorn. Offers a lot of flexibility in regards to creating and sharing custom dashboards and reports as well as the ability to dig into the data as well versus top-level reporting only. Great tool for keeping our pulse on where we've been, where we are at, and where we are heading.

What do you dislike?

Feel more control should be given to the end user in regards to custom report development and mapping to CRM systems. Custom reporting can come with a pretty steep price tag.

Allows for faster and timely delivery of important information that helps guide our firm and manage our employees. Provides valuable insights into our sales cycle, job order trends, and company-wide/individual activity metrics versus goals.

InsighttSquared Well Worth the Investment

Lisa M.
Director, Sales Development at Zipongo
Dairy, 51-200 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

Very easy to use, intuitive interface; provides great insight. I reviewed other solutions and found that InsightSquared provided just what we needed for our pipeline analytics. In addition to being a very useful took, the support team is beyond compare.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. There are several dashboard options, so consider what's crucial to your organization prior to setting up dashboards for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I evaluated other options and found this the most useful and reasonably priced solution available.

We needed better insights in to our pipeline and a way to present concise easy to understand data to our sales team and our board. I can now look at InsightSquared and identify just where we need to focus our attention.

Great BI Tool

October 24, 2017

Joseph R.
Sales Systems Manager at Catalant Technologies

5.0
What do you like best?

Out of the box metrics available and created with little to no setup required. Lets you slice data in interesting ways to gain interesting insights into your data. With Slate allowing you to pull in other data sources its become a much better BI tool in general in recent years.

What do you dislike?

I think somewhat do to the nature of how Insight Squared works there are some odd limitations. One I can remember is that it's not great if you are only using contacts and not leads for some reporting as they assume you are using Salesforce in the way it was designed. Not the best in instances with heavy customization that aren't leveraging stock fields.

Availability of data, forecasting accuracy.

Powerful tool for managing pipeline

Michael B.
Account Executive at Content Analytics, Inc.

5.0
What do you like best?

I use it every day to get a snapshot of my pipeline and manage my workflow, I Love that I can easily create my own charts and benchmark myself against my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

You cant make all the charts in the format you want. For example, some charts I may want in a line graph but they are only available as bar charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love it.

With so many deals being worked on simultaneously and time always in short supply this tool really helps with organization and planning.

Great to understand why and where you win.

October 30, 2017

Andrew C.
Director of Strategic Partnerships at ChangeUp, Inc.
Design, 11-50 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

The visualizations are great. When you can quickly see where things are falling through the cracks, it allows you spend time where you need to.

What do you dislike?

It is all dependant on Salesforce, this is a challenge if your SFDC data isn't clean. Also, I wish the team would make recommendations as to how we should set things up to see the most value. In the beginning it is a little bit of trail and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If quarterly reporting is a pain in the butt or if you want to figure where to spend time to see the largest improvements, it's a no-brainer.

Where do we need to improve in the sales process and how can we forecast better?

Indispensable tool for a growing SaaS company

Kanwar S.
COO at RingDNA -We are hiring dev, sales, support, success, product, and content rockstars!

5.0
What do you like best?

Very clean UI, ease of use, reporting including ability to filter and their fast customer support. Michelle Lynch (Sales) and Kory Stachowski (Success) are awesome!

What do you dislike?

I wish when we share a dashboard with an external stakeholder, there were more control options in place in terms of the drill down level of data they have access to. Also wish that when exporting to CSV, the resulting formatting was clean and automatically produced charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not delay getting this tool! Using InsightSquared will also help you clean up any stale or problematic Salesforce opportunity data..it's a great auditing tool!

SaaS metrics to operate business and communicate to stakeholders. No more endless hours managing and maintaining this Salesforce data into Excel.

Good for sales reporting

July 28, 2017

Sarah M.
Director of Marketing and Sales Operations

3.5
What do you like best?

I like that I can set up my sales teams with different dashboards. The retroactive reporting is very useful, as we can't do that with Salesforce alone.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports and filters have to be created by their support team, rather than myself. We also have a very large database, and data storage is an issue. My sales teams also don't adopt it much since they revert back to their Salesforce dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure there's a true need, rather than just implementing yet another software silo. You want to make sure your users will adopt.

Monthly numbers, forecasting. Benefits are that I can set up a report and forget about it, and my management team all base their monthly, quarterly and annual numbers on it.

Powerful Sales Analytics and Operations Tool

November 06, 2017

Christian D.
Vice President of Operations at Scribe Software

5.0
What do you like best?

Simple and concise way to analyze the performance of your sales organization. Visualization of the data are excellent making it easy to spot trends or problem areas that need to be addressed. The ability to create flexible customized filters allow you to take each report and show the key data areas.

Creating and distributing dashboards for users that show the key metrics that are important to the health and growth of the organization.

When question or problems have occurred the account management and support organizations have been tremendous in assisting in supporting our needs.

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging at time that the reports are essentially static however with the introduction of their new Slate tool this gap has been rectified. It would be nice to have the flexibility to change the frequency of when the data is extracted from Salesforce to enable more of a 'real time view'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have an internal resource/administrator that is responsible for the training and deployment of the tool. Make them a champion and support their efforts in making the organization realize how important analysis of the data is to the health and growth of the organization.

Absolutely essential taking full advantage of your Salesforce deployment and tracking how you sales team members are operating. Without this type of visualization tool it is very hard to show trends or patterns that exist in your Salesforce data.

When establishing a Sales Operations role in our organization the tool was critical to identify keys problem areas that were then resolved by implementing new processes or training programs.

Sales Management has adopted dashboard as a vehicle to deliver performance feedback in 1x1 meetings with team members.

Simplified Sales Ops

October 11, 2017

Rich B.
Sales Operations Management | Leadership Speaker & Coach

5.0
What do you like best?

InsightSquared has saved me between 3-4 days per month in productivity. What I used to have to do in manual Excel pulls from Salesforce are now done automatically and updated throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

It is to be expected, but the initial setup of the reports required some help from InsightSquared. It took us a little bit to get the reporting exactly correct, but we were much more productive once that groundwork was completed.

Pipeline management, forecasting accuracy, and management reporting. I am now able to spend more of my time analyzing the data and less time compiling it. InsightSquared has enabled us to create efficiencies in these processes, saving us time and money.

Use InsightSquared to clean your data, implement Salesforce governance, and view historical data

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

I love that our sales team can work on fixing data that is incorrect so that our pipeline and forecast reports are accurate. I also love that we can see historical data points and data changes much easier than in the native Salesforce reporting tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price tag, mainly, and that configuring tables to display data that isn't natively appearing in InsightSquared is a bit of a pain and takes some getting used to and help from your Customer Success Manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the money and need business analytics or analytics on your sales teams' behaviors inside of Salesforce, then buy InsightSquared TODAY!!!

With InsightSquared, we look at how long it takes for a lead to move through the full sales cycle of first creation date to date of opportunity closure (if applicable). We also use IS to see historical data points, for instance how long a given opportunity existed in a certain stage and how long the opportunity took to move from a newly opened stage to a closed stage. We also use it in financial reports to show upcoming and previous pipeline data.

Manager of Business Development

November 13, 2018

Curtis E.

51-200 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

I have full visibility into all best practice KPI's and metrics that every sales leader look at. The thing I like the best is how I can see how the opportunities that BDRs source are moving down the funnel. Also, the pipeline today screen is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

We do a couple of things a little different than what is "normal" and IS2 has limitations around custom reporting at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least take a trial and learn some of the best practices reports that you should be looking into.

We can accurately look at the pipeline that is created, make sure everyone is doing their daily activities, and build an accurate forecast off of what is in IS2.

Comprehensive and accurate reporting in seconds!

Ron P.
Vice President of Client Experience at Vox Mobile
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

5.0
What do you like best?

The amount of reports and how fast they are available is incredibly helpful for someone leading a revenue team like myself. I am able to provide immediate analysis of pipeline and closed opportunities in minutes, which is something my bosses have wanted for some time.

The team at InsightSquared is hyper focused on customer service and have made themselves available whenever needed. We are very happy we have purchased the InsightSquared product!

What do you dislike?

There really aren't any areas I would label as a "dislike". I have only positive things to say at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The benefits easily outweigh any additional expense, so trial their product at an absolute minimum.

We are saving a large number of many hours due to the reporting capabilities of InsightSquared. Prior to purchasing their product we were spending days manually tallying info from Salesforce, simply an inefficient setup.

Makes Salesforce data much more useful.

Brandon S.

11-50 employees

What do you like best?

Very easy to make dashboards. I am about about 50/50 on pre-baked dashboards and custom.

What do you dislike?

I would absolutely love the ability to export a dashboard as a pdf or png. This would make board reporting so much easier. My board members never log into the dashboards I built for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you struggle with pipeline, forecasting, bookings, etc. with salesforce, this tool makes all of these much easier.

Honestly the biggest help has been in reporting.

Insight delivers as promised....TWICE!

Richard S.
EVP Sales at TVEyes
Information Services, 11-50 employees

What do you like best?

I have purchased Insight Squared twice now at two different companies. The ease by which I can generate insight to my data in SFDC is crazy good. I love having the IS2 team at my disposal to answer questions or configure new assumptions. Truthfully, IS2 lets me see just how bad my data is so I can fix it.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could more easily segregate renewals from new business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you really need and who will be doing the work to make it happen. IS2 is like having another employee without the real expense.

Immediate insight to revenue.

Immediate visibility to areas I need to focus on to clean up process.

Immediate insight to CHURN

MMR vs ACR

New to it InsightSquared but like it

July 21, 2017

Esra S.
Dedicated to building long lasting relationships with my network

4.0
What do you like best?

Having been in sales for over 15 years, I love that there is one source for all my tracking needs. I can see all details in one area vs going from report to report.

What do you dislike?

I am still learning it so I am a little unsure if I am seeing all I need to see. also wish that the system would up date in real time. The more I know and the faster I know it, the easier it will be to see my efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the time to learn the product and build a dashboard. It helps a lot in getting the most out of the system

The biggest solved problem is I am no longer guessing at what my work output is during any given period. I can track daily, weekly and monthly activity. I know what I am doing, where my time is spent and I can refocus my efforts.

Makes my life so easy

May 08, 2018

5.0
What do you like best?

quick dashboard access - I can see in 1 dashboard all the things I need and can prioritize how I view them - then I can schedule those things to go out to my team on a regular basis so they see and have access to what I feel is most important and where they should focus their time.

What do you dislike?

delays in updating - sometimes it seems like the Salesforce.com data takes over an hour to update in the system.

Forecasting and prioritizing time! This makes it so easy to see where we have issues in our pipeline, where we are winning and how we should focus our time. This is helping us work smarter and win the deals that we have the best history with!

Helps us tie all our data together and keep on track.

June 06, 2017

Stuart M.
CEO & Co-Founder of Karbon.

5.0
What do you like best?

We have an enterprise stack that helps us hugely with growing the business. Its event more helpful when we can report against common data across everything we use - such as Salesforce, Marketo and Zuora.

What do you dislike?

The Slate product has a little way to go, but shows great promise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more of their connected applications that you use the better.

With an increasing array of software and applications emerging for business, the ability to bring their data together and make sense of it becomes increasingly important. InsightSquared connects seamlessly to our major applications and their out of the box reports allows us to be up and running in very little time. We rely daily on IS2.

Fantastic Sales Analytics and Diagnostics Tool

Joseph G.
VP, Strategy & Operations

5.0
What do you like best?

InsightSquared is easily one of the best reporting products I've ever used. It's full of clever visualizations that simultaneously paint the big picture trends while also providing diagnostic details. The complexity of such visualizations is supported by outstanding documentation that speaks directly to common use cases.

What do you dislike?

The customization is locked away behind a configuration engineer. So any changes you want to make to critical metrics have to be submitted and then you have to wait while it's implemented.

After we finalized our initial configuration our understanding of our own sales process was revolutionized overnight. We had a clear gap in one part of our sales cycle and InsightSquared gave us a clear target to focus some operations and enablement energy to start addressing the difficulties that we were feeling, but unable to put our finger on.

Becoming a customer again

May 23, 2018

Dave M.
Helping to change the world of Internal Communications
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

What do you like best?

This will be the third company that I have brought Insight Squared into as am a big believer in the value it delivers. It is so easy to use and takes reports that a new level for both Sales mgmt and for the employees.

We actually used it for our Board deck at one company savings us lots of time and having a consistent view each qtr made the board meetings more productive

What do you dislike?

I don't have enough time to become as proficient as I would like so feel there is more to get out of the product and need to carve out the time to save time

Aligning Sales and Marketing with one view of metrics

Rep KPI's and coaching

Pipeline mgmt

We wouldn't know what to do without InsightSquared

David B H.
President and Founder at HireMinds

5.0
What do you like best?

Business analytics can be overwhelming in terms of the scope of what's available, and figuring out how to use the data. InsightSquared has allowed me to create reports which are easy to understand and take action on. I can also go in and - with only a few clicks - help analyze strengths and weaknesses of each team member so I can customize my training and support of that employee.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. At times, I've wanted to do something fairly complex with the product, and it wasn't super easy for me to figure out. In those instances, I've called my account manager at InsightSquared who helped me develop something better than I could have done on my own.

Sales representatives are able to set and track goals, increasing revenues for my team overall. I am also able to identify under performing team members so I can get them the help they need. I am also able to reward and recognize top performers, and develop actionable "best practices" plans based upon their activities that others can follow. I'm also able figure out which clients tend to yield the best results, and focus our energies with those clients.

Insight Squared is overall incredibly useful!

Holly B.
Sales Operations Analyst at Bazaarvoice, Salesforce.com certified
Internet, 501-1000 employees

4.0
What do you like best?

It's great working with the genuine folks at Insight Squared. Not only are they extremely friendly and positive, they will quickly go to any lengths to help you solve a problem. The tool itself is great as well; having reliable reporting for management to view & trust is an essential for any business.

What do you dislike?

There are often times that we change values for a field in our internal system, which then needs to be updated for all Insight Squared reports that filter by that field. It's a bit cumbersome to update each individual report in IS2 without having an ability to mass-update report filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them about Slate, it's really cool and helpful if you want a little more control over reporting capabilities!

We didn't have a way of seeing conversion rates or win rates of our sales data. Insight Squared has given us these views which have helped increase our reliability in forecasting.

Excellent tool for viewing and analysing Salesforce data

John F.
Business Analyst at Bynder

5.0
What do you like best?

As most users of Salesforce would agree, whilst it is a very powerful system it lacks a lot of data analysis, visualisation and dashboarding finesse, which is exactly what InsightSquared adds.

We use it for a lot of different features and use-cases; pipeline tracking, forecasting, sales rep scorecards and 1 on 1s and overall company dashboards and leaderboards and it adds value to all of these. It also allows you to track the history of your deals using history tracking fields in Salesforce which is incredibly valuable as it is almost impossible to do this using the Salesforce reporting without setting up snapshots and doing a whole lot of extra work.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally reports aren't as personalised or personalisable as I would like, the reports are generally set up in one way, they have an extra solution for this, Slate, but we haven't added that to our package yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new features that have been added to IS recently have been all about User empowerment, making sure we can change things without going through support, which is making my life as an admin a lot easier.

Pipeline tracking, 1-1 sales coaching, Activity tracking, Dashboards, leaderboards, showing this has ensured that reps are recording and logging details correctly and that management has an easier way of appraising each reps performance with the click of a button rather than generating manual reports.

Visual, Customized Sales Analysis in Real-Time

May 16, 2017

Rachel M.
Sr. Manager, Business Operations at Zeta Global
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has taken our sales data and formulated it in a way that makes it easy to classify, organize, view, and analyze. So much of the dashboards and reports within the platform are customizable, which allows our team to create analyses that match the needs of our sales process. The customer service team as InsightSquared is responsive, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that all of our needs are met.

What do you dislike?

Currently nothing -- IS2 gives me everything I need and more!

Our sales management team loves having customized dashboards that show their teams' data exactly how they want it, including closed wins, forecast contributions, sales trends, weighted pipelines, and more. Being able to sort and classify data into graphs, charts, and cards all within the platform is helpful for presentations, and board meetings. Having both preset and customized versions of reports allows our team to easily pull numbers at our fingertips.

Learning about InsightSquared?