InsightSquared

InsightSquared

InsightSquared helps sales operations professionals break the cycle of spreadsheets by equipping them with actionable, real-time intelligence on virtually all sales KPIs. Fast growing technology companies rely on the company's solutions to forecast more accurately, better manage pipeline, tailor rep coaching based on individual performance, and conduct data-backed planning and analysis.

Work for InsightSquared?

Learning about InsightSquared?

InsightSquared Reviews

Ask InsightSquared a Question
InsightSquared review by Derek D.
Derek D.

"Understand the 'Why?' behind your Data"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared allows us to dive deeper into our data to understand the 'why' behind our numbers: stage conversion rates and win rates allow us to better forecast our success; detailed historical pipeline snapshots allow us to better analyze the health of our pipeline; and trajectory charts allow us to monitor our progression to targets. With the ability to use an unlimited number of cards in any dashboard, we are able to utilize clear and concise charts, tables and headlines to build complete views of all aspects of our Sales business. Charts and tables are visually appealing, which allows me to simply copy/paste them into presentations. The gamification feature is a nice bonus. Once configured, the tool is also quite easy to use. Customer Support is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Custom reporting is not as flexible as one would hope. The pre-existing report types are great, but come with a pre-determined framework that doesn't allow for creativity and flexibility in viewing data points in different ways. It would also be nice for data to be live, rather than refreshed every 30mins.

InsightSquared gives us a more complete view of our sales data, and therefore a better understanding of our sales cycle. We have a clear view of changes to our pipeline; can better measure KPIs; and have instant access to automated analytics, among other things. As an analyst, this allows me to better understand the 'why?' behind our data, and share these insights with our leadership team to make more informed business decisions.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InsightSquared
Showing 289 InsightSquared reviews
InsightSquared review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting
InsightSquared review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"More data-driven decisions on sales performance and marketing."

What do you like best?

InsightSquared enables us to make more data-driven decision on sales performance and marketing. Our CRM has a ton of information, but the reports are simple. They’re fine for managing a pipeline, but less helpful for understanding what can be done to optimize and improve a team. I used to spend hours exporting reports from Salesforce and manipulating pivot tables to create rep views of performance and behaviors over time. Insight Squared automates all that so I can spend more time thinking about what the data means and what can be done about it.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike about the tool. I use average trending lines in Excel often, it would be good to have that here. We have sales people in multiple countries, so I do currency conversions manually. I understand multiple currency management is a feature of the higher level package.

The level of report customization is a key benefit. I created a global dashboard of the metrics we want on current quarter sales, pipeline and opportunity details. I duplicated it by market so country leaders can see the same data for their own teams. Another dashboard looks at rep performance to track benchmarks at each stage of the funnel and to identify where additional rep guidance, or account-based marketing, is needed.

Loss analysis used to be a periodic report activity, now its updated constantly so trends can be spotted early.

The charts and graphs are slick and perfect for presentations, saving time exporting data to Excel and then to Powerpoint. To keep execs up to date, current pipeline charts are automatically emailed Monday mornings.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

InsightSquared review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Simple platform transforms sales cycle"

What do you like best?

The IS2 platform is incredibly intuitive and makes building believable and relevant business cases easy to form. By using this solution, the sales cycle has drastically shortened and turned 'sales' calls into true 'business' calls.

Over time we have worked with the IS2 team to mold the benefits and assumptions around our solutions so that each case fits our business model. Blown away that is takes 5 minutes to build a ValueBrief that is truly presentable and is very easy to talk through.

What do you dislike?

Initially the platform was a bit wonky and glitched, but with updates and some work internally these issues have been fixed and are non-existent.

Building business cases/ROIs for stakeholders & decision makers.

The ability to get around 'blockers' is generally a real challenge - But when using the property's ACTUAL numbers to build out these cases, there's not a lot they can say. The flexibility of the platform to show the breakdown of multi-year tiered pricing is a complete game changer.

InsightSquared review by Serenity M.
Serenity M.

"IS2 is great!"

What do you like best?

Insight Squared (IS2) saves me a lot of time in preparing reports and analytics for executives. One of my company's values is to embrace tools- Insight Squared makes that easy. It is the leadership team who uses this tool the most, and they notice if something changes.

What do you dislike?

Filtering can be a bit simple, I cannot add as complex of logic as I would like. (Opportunity contains filter A OR filter B OR filter C, for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is worth it if 1 executive buys into it. Eventually, other executives and direct reports will come onboard, it takes 1 good leader to see the value to make it worthwhile.

The leadership team uses IS2 to understand if there is enough pipeline created to meet goals. This influences hiring decisions, goal setting and coaching. The insights on the days in the sales cycle have been extremely helpful in coaching the sales team.

InsightSquared review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Amazing service following a well orchestrated sales process"

What do you like best?

The platform is really simple to use and the reporting is straightforward. The customer service following the sale is truly amazing. Our customer success manager has done an excellent job of helping me achieve my #1 goal of getting our first line managers using the tool. She is very responsive, patient and knowledgeable. It totally blew my mind when no less than 3 of our managers mentioned our IN2 CSM by in the QBR.

The sales process was predictable and professional. I knew exactly what we we signing up for and wasn't surprised by anything post-sale. Great team over there.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there should be more overlap with some of the reports - but it's more of a personal preference.

Our goal was to provide our first line managers with actionable data and insight needed to run their team/business. We've made significant progress in the first 3 months with IN2

InsightSquared review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Easy set up, great customer support"

What do you like best?

I've now implemented InsightSquared at 2 different companies. It's my go-to BI tool. The out of the box cards are super useful and the configuration of custom cards is very easy and intuitive. We are able to drive all of our quarterly business reviews right from the dashboards, no .ppts needed! My executives like having the ability to directly access the info from SFDC and appreciate the high reliability of the data. Finally, the support team is very on top of it, know their product, and resolution has been quick.

What do you dislike?

I used to not like how you had to pay for a seat for any user in SFDC if you wanted their data to show up, even though they didn't need a log in. InsightSquared fixed that though with their new pricing model.

Visibility into sales productivity, average deals sizes with easy drill downs, no weekly reports to pull - our sales management drives all of their sales one on ones, quarterly business reviews, etc. from InsightSquared.

InsightSquared review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Historical Tracking Simplified"

What do you like best?

The main reason my company uses InsightSquared is for historical/snapshot reporting that SFDC currently simply can't handle. It allows us the ability to see what our pipeline was at a specific point in time.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add and subtract users. I was given the advice to deactivate the user in SFDC and then give them a new license, which seems bizarre. Also, some of the built in reports to show retention, attrition, etc., aren't explained very well, and you have to search in glossaries and help text. That's fine, but not the quickest/simplest way to get that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our instance was set up by a previous employee and my company barely uses it anymore. Make sure to make it as specific to your organization as possible in the implementation phase, as I have struggled to really understand our setup and how to fix it. The customer support team is helpful, but I don't think they want to waste time on essentially a second implementation with us.

Mostly data visualization and historical tracking. As our SFDC Admin, I can admit that Salesforce reporting, especially historical, is nowhere near where it needs to be, and that's where IS has found it's niche. I hope and assume that it is still growing and improving, as it is a good start but needs more to offer to beat out similar, higher end tools.

InsightSquared review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Best BI and Sales Analytics Tool Available Today"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is one of the most powerful, intuitive, and visually stunning BI and sales and marketing analytics tool on the market today. I started using them in 2013 and they are just as valuable today in 2017 as they were then. They have 90% of all the reports that I need as the Director of Revenue operations to manage my lead development team, sales team, and marketing team. The data that InsightSquared provides is presented to our Executive team on a weekly basis to make timely business decisions. The sales trending charts are fantastic—looking at current year trending against last year and historic averages is key to determining how we are doing. Then the real power comes in as we segment these reports by business channel (Direct vs Indirect), business unit, new brand, and current client growth trending.

One of the best decisions I have made was adding InsightSquared to my technology stack and it has paid for itself over and over again.

What do you dislike?

I'm hard pressed to find anything I dislike about this product or company. Cost is always a consideration and compared to others they fall right in line, but the value and ease of doing business is well worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared has a fantastic base package and continues to innovate and role out great new features often. Love the new dashboard just released in Oct 2017.

This is from a case study I wrote a few years ago with the InsightSquared Marketing team. http://www.insightsquared.com/2015/08/marketstar-case-study/

When Price came on board to enable MarketStar’s sales and marketing teams, he had several complicated issues to tackle regarding their reporting capabilities. First and foremost, MarketStar executives did not have visibility into their marketing efforts, specifically Marketing ROI and Marketing Pipeline Contribution. In addition, Price needed to evaluate, refine, and document the company’s sales processes and transition to a new CRM (Salesforce).

What it boiled down to was that Price needed to provide executive-level reporting, and actionable metrics to his teams as quickly as possible. To provide all of this information, Price needed to build reports – really good reports. His biggest challenge was that the custom, internally built reporting system the team had in place was far too time consuming to meet the demands placed on him for daily, weekly and monthly reporting.

InsightSquared review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Simple Yet Powerful Sales Analytics Tool"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how quickly I am able to pull the most pertinent analytics based off my sales data. With so many different "base" reports available, I'm very easily able to grab suggested reports within seconds, but also be able to filter to specific scenarios or data sets I'm curious about.

The visualization of the data and the ability to completely customize my dashboards makes it so much easier for me to do my job of understanding my sales team's trends and projections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that may get annoying at times is how quickly the data will get refreshed/pulled from Salesforce. In a perfect, world, the instant/real-time data refresh would be preferred, but I can live with the 30-45 minutes wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when weighing the option of using Salesforce's core reports vs adding on an additional analytics tool - keep in mind IS2 entire business is focused on innovating the data and analytics side of businesses.

The entire spectrum from sales forecasting, to understanding performance trends, to effectively running 1-1 pipeline meetings. InsightSquared allows me to quickly pull all of the reports needed to do my job as a modern sales manager would.

InsightSquared review by Quinn R.
Quinn R.

"Easy to use ONCE you mess around inside of it"

What do you like best?

It is easy to benchmark against other peers and how you can select metrics easily inside the platform. You can also search for lost opportunities easily as well.

What do you dislike?

how it is confusing to create reports, usually rely on peer built reports. Once you have a decent about of reports built that you want to see it is functional but you can spend quite some time looking at that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have good customer support and training videos for new hires.

benchmarking sales activities across the floor to ensure there is enough outbound to continue to grow as an organization. It can be difficult to rely solely on salesforce to understand where everyone stands as there are various outbound platforms and things can be logged differently so this allows you to quickly pull all dispositions into one view.

InsightSquared review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Easy to use analytics tracking"

What do you like best?

I love the customizable dashboards that you can easily create. I can make up a list of a few different reports that I want to appear the minute that I login. This way, I have the most important things for me to see right when I log in

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit easier to generate new reports. I find myself often sticking to the reports that I have already scheduled as opposed to creating new ones to generate insights. Although, this could be due more to the user than the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales/recruiting team to track numbers and to use collaboratively

Easy for me to track the work that I am doing on a daily basis. Also, very easy to compare my work to my goals on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. It is also a great way for me to compare myself to my peers and keep track of my earnings.

InsightSquared review by Greg L.
Greg L.

"Director of Sales Enablement and Operations"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has provided our sales leadership with more actionable insights in a more timely manner than any other analytics tool that I have used in the past. It also helps that they do it in a visual way that is easier to understand for those not in sales.

What do you dislike?

Reports can be hard to customize, but I'm told that new products designed to fix that are on the horizon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a complete understanding of what InsightSquared can and cannot do for you. They excel in the areas that they are focus on, but there are some things within reporting that just aren't possible.

We are able to do a lot with InsightSquared:

- forecasting (accuracy and weighted)

- executive sales reviews

- 1:1 Sales Manager reviews

- SaaS Metrics for Board Meetings

- Marketing attribution reports

InsightSquared review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"Fantastic tool for growing sales teams!"

What do you like best?

Great value for money! InsightSquare has great off-the-shelf reports and charts, answering most questions sales teams face. InsightSquared is super easy to set up, the customer success team really goes above and beyond to make sure the account is pulling the right data, and we are leveraging the tool to its best.

It works seamless with Salesforce, and data is refreshed almost in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Bulk changes to reports/dashboards can be time consuming sometimes. But there is not much to complain about the tool so far. It serves our current requirements quite well. Customer Success has been quick to respond and help us out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you don't have internal resources for customising reports.

We wanted a platform that allowed us to give full visibility of our growth metrics to every team member. InsightSquare makes it super easy, including training our team leads and whoever was interested in using the platform.

InsightSquared review by Carrie H.
Carrie H.

"Metric-Driven Sales Team Must-Have Tool"

What do you like best?

I can dig into every aspect of our sales cycle, behavior patterns of each sales person and stay goal oriented. I love how I can send reports to co-workers, team leaders or consultants outside the organization on a regular basis. The dashboards give me team a quick glance as to what is going on and the ability to dig in further if needed. We used Salesforce dashboard/reports prior which cannot hold a candle to the ease and information IS2 can give you in half in the time. If you use SF as your CRM, then you must add IS2 as your metric-tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the customer service is top notch and the training material/videos is comprehensive. The onboarding was seamless and my ongoing questions are answered quickly.

We wanted to understand our sales cycle (why does it take x-days) and understand where in the cycle presented the most problems by client and by sales person. Now we feel we are a metric driven sales team and we understand how to support, teach and lead the sales team more effectively.

InsightSquared review by Heidi B.
Heidi B.

"The data you need at your finger tips "

What do you like best?

I like that I can EASILY access the information I need to illustrate how my group is performing. The data is presented in a clear manner and I can pivot to ask additional questions in real time. The access to the data has given our group CREDIBILITY with executives.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is not really anything that comes to mind. I am pleased with the performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared gives you the visibility you need and flexibility required to answer critical questions on your pipeline and revenue performance. For us it was not hard to get started. Good team and solid support.

I need the ability to answer questions about our revenue funnel in real-time. For instance, I want to quickly narrow in on WHERE we should focus our efforts and energy - in my case I saw we had a later stage funnel issue to my group could spend time there - versus earlier stages. In addition to optimizations, I can easily understand how we are performing (pipeline).

InsightSquared review by Rolf K.
Rolf K.

"Can't imagine not using it!"

What do you like best?

I love that they are always innovating and creating new ways to look at data. I've been in staffing for 20 years and IS2 is by far the best way I have seen to look at activity trends and financial data.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could average out the activity data as it relates to the filter. In other words if I am looking at recruiter activity data for a quarter and my time filter is weekly, at the end I'd love to see average per week. If the filter was monthly, it would say average per month. (To be fair I haven't specifically asked for this, they can probably easily do it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sooooo good. They know the staffing industry and they know data!

Knowing which activities create which results and taking that data and making business decisions or helping coach team members on how they can become more productive. I can also use the data to help forecast.

InsightSquared review by Lauren  F.
Lauren F.

"Regional Sales Manager"

What do you like best?

The platform allows me to forecast most accurately on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, but also helping to zero in and plan my day down to the hour - showing which deals pose the most risk and conversely which have the best opportunity of closing due to the momentum/value.

InsightSquared also allows us to look at our individual performance but also segment our performance based on product which is helpful when you are selling a multitude of products. Being able to step back and see where you've having the most success and maybe where you could improve helps define goals as a salesperson and understanding where we may need more training or marketing to push that product.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough one here - just about any request we've had to customize our cards and dashboards has been do-able! On my wish list would be having the access to create my own dashboard vs. what shows up for our team and perhaps hiding certain cards that I am not as focused on with my role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo and see what the product has to offer. We had a fantastic experience with the demo - she made it look easy and efficient so we can focus on selling.

We are selling cloud-based solutions to a variety of businesses in the hospitality industry - in my role focusing on solutions that assist in growing group revenue.

InsightSquared gives us the opportunity to analyze our pipeline strategically & efficiently by looking at deal size, past buying history and a multitude of other factors impacting their business decision.

It allows us to help the hospitality industry focus on their group business while we figure out which of our solutions will help them maximize group revenue with increased efficiency, mobility and collaboration.

InsightSquared review by Shelby A.
Shelby A.

"Great Tool for the Analyst"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability quickly manipulate Salesforce data to look at different groups, products, etc to answer ad hoc questions from mgmt. Additionally InsightSquared support is phenomenal, if you have any trouble answering a business problem they will make the proper adjustments behind the scenes to get you there.

What do you dislike?

A few of the reports like Quota Heatmap and Bookings Overtime prorate goals based on number of days that have passed in the Month/Qtr to show progress. Unfortunately, at this time this functionality cannot be removed in IS2 to look at the full current Month/Qtr. goals.

I use this product daily for bookings updates, reporting, ad hoc analysis, and more. It is much quicker and easier to pull sales data and manipulate it within InsightSquared than Salesforce or Excel.

InsightSquared review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Amazing historical insight that Salesforce can't give me"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the reports we can pull as well as the historical analysis of our sales pipeline and deals is incredible. This tool has given us the insight we need to optimize our funnel, overall company performance, and make smarter predictions about our future.

What do you dislike?

I want all the modules, and it's a little expensive for us based on our current company size. But I think that's a good business move by them. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial — it's awesome and what convinced us it was worth the investment.

It's allowed us to get real insight into the historical funnel, sales cycle, average contract size, pipeline, and more. Now, we're making smarter decisions on where we focus our efforts to qualify, prioritize, and optimize pieces of our process that stick out as super important.

InsightSquared review by Len P.
Len P.

"Really Flexible and Comprehensive BI Platform"

What do you like best?

I've been a user with InsightSquared for about a year. As soon as I took the plunge and implemented, I immediately knew I made the right decision. My pipeline meetings take no time to prepare for. My team all uses the same set of dashboards to track their own performance and I don't have to do a thing. I like that InsightSquared tries as much as possible to build an off the shelf tool, but they are also great about taking feedback and making customer-focused improvements.

What do you dislike?

The only think I don't like is the transferability of the visualizations into PowerPoint. Our executive updates and other presentations are all in powerpoint and the only option for export is to print screen, copy and paste. It's ok, but it would be great if it were better. The status quo leaves me with less pretty PPT's than I would like - small price to pay for the great attributes of the product.

I manage my entire pipeline and through InsightSquared. I do very little reporting work in Salesforce itself anymore. This tool has saved me hours and hours of Excel work.

InsightSquared review by Christine N.
Christine N.

"Excellent tool for analytics!"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has become a valuable tool for us in measuring our teams activities, results, and financial stats. We're able to determine which job orders need additional work, which clients provide the highest level of opportunities for deals, which employees are achieving their metrics and performance expectations. The ability to slice and dice in a multitude of ways makes it easy to find and evaluate the performance metrics.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of customization. There are some capabilities that I don't feel we completely understand how to configure, and finding/making the time to either figure it out on our own, or connect with the helpdesk doesn't always happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We utilized BullHorn. We found it's reporting far from meeting our needs. InsightSquared was a valuable tool that we depend on daily.

It has allowed us to understand clearly our team individual performance. We can see which job orders we gain the most benefit from and which ones we should spend less time working. We can easily see which clients have the biggest overall gross margin and revenue impact.

InsightSquared review by Vinny P.
Vinny P.

"Incredible SFDC intelligence with a few simple clicks"

What do you like best?

IS2 is awesome because they already have all the reports you can ever dream of already created. All you need to do is find the report type, set your filters and you're off to the races.

What do you dislike?

There isn't honestly anything horrible about the tool. They demo exactly what the tool can do with a quick onboarding process.

SFDC is an amazing tool...however, it's reporting engine is lackluster at best. This is where IS2 really shines. With the ability to look at weighted pipeline based off each rep's individual contribution then blanketed across the board is extremely valuable. Reviewing your Pipeline report and seeing the momentum of last related activity or how long it has been in that stage is also extremely valuable as well.

InsightSquared review by Christina W.
Christina W.

"Data visibility for the whole organization"

What do you like best?

The user-friendliness of the platform makes business intelligence much more accessible. They have a great set of reporting for each module that addresses every role in the sales and marketing departments.

The CSM and technical teams' expertise to share their knowledge is very helpful in navigating how to best visualize the data in the various ways in the platform. It's great working with them!

What do you dislike?

Making bulk changes in the dashboards can be tough if you need to update the filtering across multiple tiles.

We were interested in visualizing our data in a way where we can easily gain insights to make decisions. Now we have visibility from top of funnel all the way through closed won/lost and can make more intelligent decisions, whether it be improving a stage in our sales cycle or to how we generate pipeline.

InsightSquared review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"Great analytics tool"

What do you like best?

Has some great canned reports, graphs and charts. Easy to use and setup. Works well with Bullhorn. Offers a lot of flexibility in regards to creating and sharing custom dashboards and reports as well as the ability to dig into the data as well versus top-level reporting only. Great tool for keeping our pulse on where we've been, where we are at, and where we are heading.

What do you dislike?

Feel more control should be given to the end user in regards to custom report development and mapping to CRM systems. Custom reporting can come with a pretty steep price tag.

Allows for faster and timely delivery of important information that helps guide our firm and manage our employees. Provides valuable insights into our sales cycle, job order trends, and company-wide/individual activity metrics versus goals.

InsightSquared review by Lisa M.
Lisa M.

"InsighttSquared Well Worth the Investment"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, intuitive interface; provides great insight. I reviewed other solutions and found that InsightSquared provided just what we needed for our pipeline analytics. In addition to being a very useful took, the support team is beyond compare.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. There are several dashboard options, so consider what's crucial to your organization prior to setting up dashboards for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I evaluated other options and found this the most useful and reasonably priced solution available.

We needed better insights in to our pipeline and a way to present concise easy to understand data to our sales team and our board. I can now look at InsightSquared and identify just where we need to focus our attention.

InsightSquared review by Joseph R.
Joseph R.

"Great BI Tool"

What do you like best?

Out of the box metrics available and created with little to no setup required. Lets you slice data in interesting ways to gain interesting insights into your data. With Slate allowing you to pull in other data sources its become a much better BI tool in general in recent years.

What do you dislike?

I think somewhat do to the nature of how Insight Squared works there are some odd limitations. One I can remember is that it's not great if you are only using contacts and not leads for some reporting as they assume you are using Salesforce in the way it was designed. Not the best in instances with heavy customization that aren't leveraging stock fields.

Availability of data, forecasting accuracy.

InsightSquared review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Great to understand why and where you win."

What do you like best?

The visualizations are great. When you can quickly see where things are falling through the cracks, it allows you spend time where you need to.

What do you dislike?

It is all dependant on Salesforce, this is a challenge if your SFDC data isn't clean. Also, I wish the team would make recommendations as to how we should set things up to see the most value. In the beginning it is a little bit of trail and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If quarterly reporting is a pain in the butt or if you want to figure where to spend time to see the largest improvements, it's a no-brainer.

Where do we need to improve in the sales process and how can we forecast better?

InsightSquared review by Kanwar S.
Kanwar S.

"Indispensable tool for a growing SaaS company"

What do you like best?

Very clean UI, ease of use, reporting including ability to filter and their fast customer support. Michelle Lynch (Sales) and Kory Stachowski (Success) are awesome!

What do you dislike?

I wish when we share a dashboard with an external stakeholder, there were more control options in place in terms of the drill down level of data they have access to. Also wish that when exporting to CSV, the resulting formatting was clean and automatically produced charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not delay getting this tool! Using InsightSquared will also help you clean up any stale or problematic Salesforce opportunity data..it's a great auditing tool!

SaaS metrics to operate business and communicate to stakeholders. No more endless hours managing and maintaining this Salesforce data into Excel.

InsightSquared review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Good for sales reporting"

What do you like best?

I like that I can set up my sales teams with different dashboards. The retroactive reporting is very useful, as we can't do that with Salesforce alone.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports and filters have to be created by their support team, rather than myself. We also have a very large database, and data storage is an issue. My sales teams also don't adopt it much since they revert back to their Salesforce dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure there's a true need, rather than just implementing yet another software silo. You want to make sure your users will adopt.

Monthly numbers, forecasting. Benefits are that I can set up a report and forget about it, and my management team all base their monthly, quarterly and annual numbers on it.

InsightSquared review by Christian D.
Christian D.

"Powerful Sales Analytics and Operations Tool"

What do you like best?

Simple and concise way to analyze the performance of your sales organization. Visualization of the data are excellent making it easy to spot trends or problem areas that need to be addressed. The ability to create flexible customized filters allow you to take each report and show the key data areas.

Creating and distributing dashboards for users that show the key metrics that are important to the health and growth of the organization.

When question or problems have occurred the account management and support organizations have been tremendous in assisting in supporting our needs.

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging at time that the reports are essentially static however with the introduction of their new Slate tool this gap has been rectified. It would be nice to have the flexibility to change the frequency of when the data is extracted from Salesforce to enable more of a 'real time view'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have an internal resource/administrator that is responsible for the training and deployment of the tool. Make them a champion and support their efforts in making the organization realize how important analysis of the data is to the health and growth of the organization.

Absolutely essential taking full advantage of your Salesforce deployment and tracking how you sales team members are operating. Without this type of visualization tool it is very hard to show trends or patterns that exist in your Salesforce data.

When establishing a Sales Operations role in our organization the tool was critical to identify keys problem areas that were then resolved by implementing new processes or training programs.

Sales Management has adopted dashboard as a vehicle to deliver performance feedback in 1x1 meetings with team members.

InsightSquared review by Rich B.
Rich B.

"Simplified Sales Ops"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has saved me between 3-4 days per month in productivity. What I used to have to do in manual Excel pulls from Salesforce are now done automatically and updated throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

It is to be expected, but the initial setup of the reports required some help from InsightSquared. It took us a little bit to get the reporting exactly correct, but we were much more productive once that groundwork was completed.

Pipeline management, forecasting accuracy, and management reporting. I am now able to spend more of my time analyzing the data and less time compiling it. InsightSquared has enabled us to create efficiencies in these processes, saving us time and money.

InsightSquared review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Use InsightSquared to clean your data, implement Salesforce governance, and view historical data"

What do you like best?

I love that our sales team can work on fixing data that is incorrect so that our pipeline and forecast reports are accurate. I also love that we can see historical data points and data changes much easier than in the native Salesforce reporting tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price tag, mainly, and that configuring tables to display data that isn't natively appearing in InsightSquared is a bit of a pain and takes some getting used to and help from your Customer Success Manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the money and need business analytics or analytics on your sales teams' behaviors inside of Salesforce, then buy InsightSquared TODAY!!!

With InsightSquared, we look at how long it takes for a lead to move through the full sales cycle of first creation date to date of opportunity closure (if applicable). We also use IS to see historical data points, for instance how long a given opportunity existed in a certain stage and how long the opportunity took to move from a newly opened stage to a closed stage. We also use it in financial reports to show upcoming and previous pipeline data.

InsightSquared review by Curtis E.
Curtis E.

"Manager of Business Development "

What do you like best?

I have full visibility into all best practice KPI's and metrics that every sales leader look at. The thing I like the best is how I can see how the opportunities that BDRs source are moving down the funnel. Also, the pipeline today screen is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

We do a couple of things a little different than what is "normal" and IS2 has limitations around custom reporting at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least take a trial and learn some of the best practices reports that you should be looking into.

We can accurately look at the pipeline that is created, make sure everyone is doing their daily activities, and build an accurate forecast off of what is in IS2.

InsightSquared review by Ron P.
Ron P.

"Comprehensive and accurate reporting in seconds!"

What do you like best?

The amount of reports and how fast they are available is incredibly helpful for someone leading a revenue team like myself. I am able to provide immediate analysis of pipeline and closed opportunities in minutes, which is something my bosses have wanted for some time.

The team at InsightSquared is hyper focused on customer service and have made themselves available whenever needed. We are very happy we have purchased the InsightSquared product!

What do you dislike?

There really aren't any areas I would label as a "dislike". I have only positive things to say at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The benefits easily outweigh any additional expense, so trial their product at an absolute minimum.

We are saving a large number of many hours due to the reporting capabilities of InsightSquared. Prior to purchasing their product we were spending days manually tallying info from Salesforce, simply an inefficient setup.

InsightSquared review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Insight delivers as promised....TWICE!"

What do you like best?

I have purchased Insight Squared twice now at two different companies. The ease by which I can generate insight to my data in SFDC is crazy good. I love having the IS2 team at my disposal to answer questions or configure new assumptions. Truthfully, IS2 lets me see just how bad my data is so I can fix it.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could more easily segregate renewals from new business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you really need and who will be doing the work to make it happen. IS2 is like having another employee without the real expense.

Immediate insight to revenue.

Immediate visibility to areas I need to focus on to clean up process.

Immediate insight to CHURN

MMR vs ACR

InsightSquared review by Esra S.
Esra S.

"New to it InsightSquared but like it "

What do you like best?

Having been in sales for over 15 years, I love that there is one source for all my tracking needs. I can see all details in one area vs going from report to report.

What do you dislike?

I am still learning it so I am a little unsure if I am seeing all I need to see. also wish that the system would up date in real time. The more I know and the faster I know it, the easier it will be to see my efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the time to learn the product and build a dashboard. It helps a lot in getting the most out of the system

The biggest solved problem is I am no longer guessing at what my work output is during any given period. I can track daily, weekly and monthly activity. I know what I am doing, where my time is spent and I can refocus my efforts.

InsightSquared review by User

"Makes my life so easy"

What do you like best?

quick dashboard access - I can see in 1 dashboard all the things I need and can prioritize how I view them - then I can schedule those things to go out to my team on a regular basis so they see and have access to what I feel is most important and where they should focus their time.

What do you dislike?

delays in updating - sometimes it seems like the Salesforce.com data takes over an hour to update in the system.

Forecasting and prioritizing time! This makes it so easy to see where we have issues in our pipeline, where we are winning and how we should focus our time. This is helping us work smarter and win the deals that we have the best history with!

InsightSquared review by Stuart M.
Stuart M.

"Helps us tie all our data together and keep on track."

What do you like best?

We have an enterprise stack that helps us hugely with growing the business. Its event more helpful when we can report against common data across everything we use - such as Salesforce, Marketo and Zuora.

What do you dislike?

The Slate product has a little way to go, but shows great promise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more of their connected applications that you use the better.

With an increasing array of software and applications emerging for business, the ability to bring their data together and make sense of it becomes increasingly important. InsightSquared connects seamlessly to our major applications and their out of the box reports allows us to be up and running in very little time. We rely daily on IS2.

InsightSquared review by Joseph G.
Joseph G.

"Fantastic Sales Analytics and Diagnostics Tool"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is easily one of the best reporting products I've ever used. It's full of clever visualizations that simultaneously paint the big picture trends while also providing diagnostic details. The complexity of such visualizations is supported by outstanding documentation that speaks directly to common use cases.

What do you dislike?

The customization is locked away behind a configuration engineer. So any changes you want to make to critical metrics have to be submitted and then you have to wait while it's implemented.

After we finalized our initial configuration our understanding of our own sales process was revolutionized overnight. We had a clear gap in one part of our sales cycle and InsightSquared gave us a clear target to focus some operations and enablement energy to start addressing the difficulties that we were feeling, but unable to put our finger on.

InsightSquared review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"Becoming a customer again"

What do you like best?

This will be the third company that I have brought Insight Squared into as am a big believer in the value it delivers. It is so easy to use and takes reports that a new level for both Sales mgmt and for the employees.

We actually used it for our Board deck at one company savings us lots of time and having a consistent view each qtr made the board meetings more productive

What do you dislike?

I don't have enough time to become as proficient as I would like so feel there is more to get out of the product and need to carve out the time to save time

Aligning Sales and Marketing with one view of metrics

Rep KPI's and coaching

Pipeline mgmt

InsightSquared review by David B H.
David B H.

"We wouldn't know what to do without InsightSquared"

What do you like best?

Business analytics can be overwhelming in terms of the scope of what's available, and figuring out how to use the data. InsightSquared has allowed me to create reports which are easy to understand and take action on. I can also go in and - with only a few clicks - help analyze strengths and weaknesses of each team member so I can customize my training and support of that employee.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. At times, I've wanted to do something fairly complex with the product, and it wasn't super easy for me to figure out. In those instances, I've called my account manager at InsightSquared who helped me develop something better than I could have done on my own.

Sales representatives are able to set and track goals, increasing revenues for my team overall. I am also able to identify under performing team members so I can get them the help they need. I am also able to reward and recognize top performers, and develop actionable "best practices" plans based upon their activities that others can follow. I'm also able figure out which clients tend to yield the best results, and focus our energies with those clients.

InsightSquared review by Holly B.
Holly B.

"Insight Squared is overall incredibly useful!"

What do you like best?

It's great working with the genuine folks at Insight Squared. Not only are they extremely friendly and positive, they will quickly go to any lengths to help you solve a problem. The tool itself is great as well; having reliable reporting for management to view & trust is an essential for any business.

What do you dislike?

There are often times that we change values for a field in our internal system, which then needs to be updated for all Insight Squared reports that filter by that field. It's a bit cumbersome to update each individual report in IS2 without having an ability to mass-update report filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them about Slate, it's really cool and helpful if you want a little more control over reporting capabilities!

We didn't have a way of seeing conversion rates or win rates of our sales data. Insight Squared has given us these views which have helped increase our reliability in forecasting.

InsightSquared review by John F.
John F.

"Excellent tool for viewing and analysing Salesforce data"

What do you like best?

As most users of Salesforce would agree, whilst it is a very powerful system it lacks a lot of data analysis, visualisation and dashboarding finesse, which is exactly what InsightSquared adds.

We use it for a lot of different features and use-cases; pipeline tracking, forecasting, sales rep scorecards and 1 on 1s and overall company dashboards and leaderboards and it adds value to all of these. It also allows you to track the history of your deals using history tracking fields in Salesforce which is incredibly valuable as it is almost impossible to do this using the Salesforce reporting without setting up snapshots and doing a whole lot of extra work.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally reports aren't as personalised or personalisable as I would like, the reports are generally set up in one way, they have an extra solution for this, Slate, but we haven't added that to our package yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new features that have been added to IS recently have been all about User empowerment, making sure we can change things without going through support, which is making my life as an admin a lot easier.

Pipeline tracking, 1-1 sales coaching, Activity tracking, Dashboards, leaderboards, showing this has ensured that reps are recording and logging details correctly and that management has an easier way of appraising each reps performance with the click of a button rather than generating manual reports.

InsightSquared review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Visual, Customized Sales Analysis in Real-Time"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has taken our sales data and formulated it in a way that makes it easy to classify, organize, view, and analyze. So much of the dashboards and reports within the platform are customizable, which allows our team to create analyses that match the needs of our sales process. The customer service team as InsightSquared is responsive, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that all of our needs are met.

What do you dislike?

Currently nothing -- IS2 gives me everything I need and more!

Our sales management team loves having customized dashboards that show their teams' data exactly how they want it, including closed wins, forecast contributions, sales trends, weighted pipelines, and more. Being able to sort and classify data into graphs, charts, and cards all within the platform is helpful for presentations, and board meetings. Having both preset and customized versions of reports allows our team to easily pull numbers at our fingertips.

InsightSquared review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Director of Operations"

What do you like best?

What I like best about IS2 is to be able to drill down into real time without running multiple reports. All information is available at my fingertips. Customer support is quick to reply to any needs I have - whether big or small.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can mention as a dislike for IS2 was some confusion on being able to calculate specific details on an internal report that is standard for our industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize the value of time saved by not producing multiple reports and understanding your organization from the top down with easy to read reports.

We are able to see candidate throughput. Better opportunity to see candidate and client relationships and ensure we are continuing to be proactive. Understanding what clients are worth working with and others that aren't.

The benefits are not only to me but also my team that have an easy to read scoreboard/dashboard on where they stand with their internal metrics and goals.

InsightSquared review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great for tracking basic and advanced metrics"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to transparently view different KPI's across your team and company, as well as the dashboard customization, automated report generation, and the Synety phone plug-in to track calling metrics

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer the ability to have reports generated at different times during the day (a morning and afternoon activity update for myself, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to track staffing analytics at the highest level, this is the software for you. If you're not a firm that puts stock in KPI measurements or don't have the time to do detailed analysis, you might not get the best back for your buck.

It's a great tool for managers to quickly view their team's activity, and it's great for an individual to see what type of activity they need to generate to be as successful as the top performers in their company and team.

InsightSquared review by Polly B.
Polly B.

"They have yet to tell us, "no we can't do that.""

What do you like best?

The best part of IS2 is the caliber of the support and account teams. From basic training to custom reporting requests we have never received "no" for an answer. The team is responsive and easy to communicate with.

What do you dislike?

Introducing this tool to the staff was embraced by the millennial team members the quickest. However, unlimited training and support is provided by the IS2 team to make the tool successful.

Every producer is required to have a license in order to report their activity. For this reason, it is important to have all producers trained, engaged, and benefiting from the investment. On the plus side, historical data is not lost should someone leave the company. The Admin panel provides usage metrics and is very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your CRM admin is also the IS2 admin the communication for field mappings and workflows will go much smoother and faster.

IS2 helped tie in our time card system to display 'actuals'. This allows anyone in the company from c-level, branch manager, producer, or marketing member to view how 'actuals' are pacing to goal by company, office, employee, client, discipline, job title, etc. These visual reports create a sense of urgency not just at an individual level but now at an office and company level - in real time.

Statistics for sales collateral comes easier than Bullhorn reporting.

InsightSquared review by Sean B.
Sean B.

"Changed our world !"

What do you like best?

The analytics were easy to extract from sales force and yet we were able to customize toward our unique selling KPI's for the team and company. The GUI was great, We were able to have access to key sales data that helped us have needed transparency, Fast and reliable and easy to understand by all the organization !

What do you dislike?

perhaps the initial cost but the ROI on impact to our organization far outweighed our own risk and costs for development in house and we couldn't achieve the GUI of Insight Squared

Recommendations to others considering the product

Believe and don't over think. This team has seen it all and can have a great impact on data to help your company

visibility to a complex and long sale. Optimization of our sales force time. Develop and quantify our pipeline and easy to use

InsightSquared review by Darrian P.
Darrian P.

"Great People, Great Service, Great Company"

What do you like best?

I really like that they are always willing to help and if they can't they always have an answer or another suggestion to solve my issue. I always get a response from a person and if I email, I immediately get a response that says they will get to my issue as soon as possible. The interaction and time response is great. I appreciate their care for the customer.

What do you dislike?

I think they are great. Don't really dislike anything. I think that they could just always keep an open mind and keep improving their product on a daily basis. This will allow their product to grow and keep moving forward. Never stay stagnate and take advice from the customer on how to improve your product next. Sometimes a customer will interpret the way the data should be read and it could be another option for your data to be used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that there is always room for improvement. Keep trying to stay ahead of the curve.

We are solving multiple different functionalities with our current CRM/ATS system. IS allows us to use our data in a new and very functional wayy. IS has opened up doors for our data to be tracked, used, and given to our team. It allows them to see where they are great at, where they can improve on, and where they should be in the future. Those are certainly key when you have to repeat steps over in the business, so improving in order to make the individuals time more efficient is so important. Time = money, and Time saved = money saved.

InsightSquared review by David S.
David S.

"Awesome Analytics"

What do you like best?

With easy integration to SFDC, it is extremely easy for me to quickly get at the analytics I need to effectively drive my sales team(s). Highly customizable dashboards give me daily visibility and enable my team to prioritize their daily activities to ensure they reach their sales goals. We have seen our sales team engage at the right level and better prepared to close the opportunities at hand.

What do you dislike?

While tile organization takes some practice, the balance of the tool is outstanding and has given me back hours a week prepping spreadsheets and culling data. Now I can take immediate action and get the sales results we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly reccomend Insight Squared for any performance based team. The tool is easy and efficient. The insight squared team conducts a process review prior to getting started and this enables you to immediate get value from the tool and leverage the analytics customized to your needs.

InsightSquared enabled me to solve the monthly guessing game of pipeline accuracy. We have increased our ability to "predict" our sales by 74%. Having greater insight on each opportunity's metrics gives us the ability to determine what is needed to close each opportunity.

Learn more about InsightSquared

InsightSquared Videos

Learning about InsightSquared?

* We monitor all InsightSquared reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.