InsightSquared

InsightSquared

InsightSquared helps sales operations professionals break the cycle of spreadsheets by equipping them with actionable, real-time intelligence on virtually all sales KPIs. Fast growing technology companies rely on the company's solutions to forecast more accurately, better manage pipeline, tailor rep coaching based on individual performance, and conduct data-backed planning and analysis.

Work for InsightSquared?

Learning about InsightSquared?

InsightSquared Reviews

Ask InsightSquared a Question
InsightSquared review by Quinn R.
Quinn R.

"Easy to use ONCE you mess around inside of it"

What do you like best?

It is easy to benchmark against other peers and how you can select metrics easily inside the platform. You can also search for lost opportunities easily as well.

What do you dislike?

how it is confusing to create reports, usually rely on peer built reports. Once you have a decent about of reports built that you want to see it is functional but you can spend quite some time looking at that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have good customer support and training videos for new hires.

benchmarking sales activities across the floor to ensure there is enough outbound to continue to grow as an organization. It can be difficult to rely solely on salesforce to understand where everyone stands as there are various outbound platforms and things can be logged differently so this allows you to quickly pull all dispositions into one view.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InsightSquared
Showing 286 InsightSquared reviews
User in Staffing and Recruiting
InsightSquared review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Amazing service following a well orchestrated sales process"

What do you like best?

The platform is really simple to use and the reporting is straightforward. The customer service following the sale is truly amazing. Our customer success manager has done an excellent job of helping me achieve my #1 goal of getting our first line managers using the tool. She is very responsive, patient and knowledgeable. It totally blew my mind when no less than 3 of our managers mentioned our IN2 CSM by in the QBR.

The sales process was predictable and professional. I knew exactly what we we signing up for and wasn't surprised by anything post-sale. Great team over there.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there should be more overlap with some of the reports - but it's more of a personal preference.

Our goal was to provide our first line managers with actionable data and insight needed to run their team/business. We've made significant progress in the first 3 months with IN2

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

InsightSquared review by Melissa W.
Melissa W.

"Easy set up, great customer support"

What do you like best?

I've now implemented InsightSquared at 2 different companies. It's my go-to BI tool. The out of the box cards are super useful and the configuration of custom cards is very easy and intuitive. We are able to drive all of our quarterly business reviews right from the dashboards, no .ppts needed! My executives like having the ability to directly access the info from SFDC and appreciate the high reliability of the data. Finally, the support team is very on top of it, know their product, and resolution has been quick.

What do you dislike?

I used to not like how you had to pay for a seat for any user in SFDC if you wanted their data to show up, even though they didn't need a log in. InsightSquared fixed that though with their new pricing model.

Visibility into sales productivity, average deals sizes with easy drill downs, no weekly reports to pull - our sales management drives all of their sales one on ones, quarterly business reviews, etc. from InsightSquared.

InsightSquared review by Alex B.
Alex B.

"Historical Tracking Simplified"

What do you like best?

The main reason my company uses InsightSquared is for historical/snapshot reporting that SFDC currently simply can't handle. It allows us the ability to see what our pipeline was at a specific point in time.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to add and subtract users. I was given the advice to deactivate the user in SFDC and then give them a new license, which seems bizarre. Also, some of the built in reports to show retention, attrition, etc., aren't explained very well, and you have to search in glossaries and help text. That's fine, but not the quickest/simplest way to get that information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our instance was set up by a previous employee and my company barely uses it anymore. Make sure to make it as specific to your organization as possible in the implementation phase, as I have struggled to really understand our setup and how to fix it. The customer support team is helpful, but I don't think they want to waste time on essentially a second implementation with us.

Mostly data visualization and historical tracking. As our SFDC Admin, I can admit that Salesforce reporting, especially historical, is nowhere near where it needs to be, and that's where IS has found it's niche. I hope and assume that it is still growing and improving, as it is a good start but needs more to offer to beat out similar, higher end tools.

InsightSquared review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Best BI and Sales Analytics Tool Available Today"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is one of the most powerful, intuitive, and visually stunning BI and sales and marketing analytics tool on the market today. I started using them in 2013 and they are just as valuable today in 2017 as they were then. They have 90% of all the reports that I need as the Director of Revenue operations to manage my lead development team, sales team, and marketing team. The data that InsightSquared provides is presented to our Executive team on a weekly basis to make timely business decisions. The sales trending charts are fantastic—looking at current year trending against last year and historic averages is key to determining how we are doing. Then the real power comes in as we segment these reports by business channel (Direct vs Indirect), business unit, new brand, and current client growth trending.

One of the best decisions I have made was adding InsightSquared to my technology stack and it has paid for itself over and over again.

What do you dislike?

I'm hard pressed to find anything I dislike about this product or company. Cost is always a consideration and compared to others they fall right in line, but the value and ease of doing business is well worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared has a fantastic base package and continues to innovate and role out great new features often. Love the new dashboard just released in Oct 2017.

This is from a case study I wrote a few years ago with the InsightSquared Marketing team. http://www.insightsquared.com/2015/08/marketstar-case-study/

When Price came on board to enable MarketStar’s sales and marketing teams, he had several complicated issues to tackle regarding their reporting capabilities. First and foremost, MarketStar executives did not have visibility into their marketing efforts, specifically Marketing ROI and Marketing Pipeline Contribution. In addition, Price needed to evaluate, refine, and document the company’s sales processes and transition to a new CRM (Salesforce).

What it boiled down to was that Price needed to provide executive-level reporting, and actionable metrics to his teams as quickly as possible. To provide all of this information, Price needed to build reports – really good reports. His biggest challenge was that the custom, internally built reporting system the team had in place was far too time consuming to meet the demands placed on him for daily, weekly and monthly reporting.

InsightSquared review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Simple Yet Powerful Sales Analytics Tool"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how quickly I am able to pull the most pertinent analytics based off my sales data. With so many different "base" reports available, I'm very easily able to grab suggested reports within seconds, but also be able to filter to specific scenarios or data sets I'm curious about.

The visualization of the data and the ability to completely customize my dashboards makes it so much easier for me to do my job of understanding my sales team's trends and projections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that may get annoying at times is how quickly the data will get refreshed/pulled from Salesforce. In a perfect, world, the instant/real-time data refresh would be preferred, but I can live with the 30-45 minutes wait.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when weighing the option of using Salesforce's core reports vs adding on an additional analytics tool - keep in mind IS2 entire business is focused on innovating the data and analytics side of businesses.

The entire spectrum from sales forecasting, to understanding performance trends, to effectively running 1-1 pipeline meetings. InsightSquared allows me to quickly pull all of the reports needed to do my job as a modern sales manager would.

InsightSquared review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Easy to use analytics tracking"

What do you like best?

I love the customizable dashboards that you can easily create. I can make up a list of a few different reports that I want to appear the minute that I login. This way, I have the most important things for me to see right when I log in

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit easier to generate new reports. I find myself often sticking to the reports that I have already scheduled as opposed to creating new ones to generate insights. Although, this could be due more to the user than the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for sales/recruiting team to track numbers and to use collaboratively

Easy for me to track the work that I am doing on a daily basis. Also, very easy to compare my work to my goals on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. It is also a great way for me to compare myself to my peers and keep track of my earnings.

InsightSquared review by Derek D.
Derek D.

"Understand the 'Why?' behind your Data"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared allows us to dive deeper into our data to understand the 'why' behind our numbers: stage conversion rates and win rates allow us to better forecast our success; detailed historical pipeline snapshots allow us to better analyze the health of our pipeline; and trajectory charts allow us to monitor our progression to targets. With the ability to use an unlimited number of cards in any dashboard, we are able to utilize clear and concise charts, tables and headlines to build complete views of all aspects of our Sales business. Charts and tables are visually appealing, which allows me to simply copy/paste them into presentations. The gamification feature is a nice bonus. Once configured, the tool is also quite easy to use. Customer Support is fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Custom reporting is not as flexible as one would hope. The pre-existing report types are great, but come with a pre-determined framework that doesn't allow for creativity and flexibility in viewing data points in different ways. It would also be nice for data to be live, rather than refreshed every 30mins.

InsightSquared gives us a more complete view of our sales data, and therefore a better understanding of our sales cycle. We have a clear view of changes to our pipeline; can better measure KPIs; and have instant access to automated analytics, among other things. As an analyst, this allows me to better understand the 'why?' behind our data, and share these insights with our leadership team to make more informed business decisions.

InsightSquared review by Greg L.
Greg L.

"Director of Sales Enablement and Operations"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has provided our sales leadership with more actionable insights in a more timely manner than any other analytics tool that I have used in the past. It also helps that they do it in a visual way that is easier to understand for those not in sales.

What do you dislike?

Reports can be hard to customize, but I'm told that new products designed to fix that are on the horizon

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a complete understanding of what InsightSquared can and cannot do for you. They excel in the areas that they are focus on, but there are some things within reporting that just aren't possible.

We are able to do a lot with InsightSquared:

- forecasting (accuracy and weighted)

- executive sales reviews

- 1:1 Sales Manager reviews

- SaaS Metrics for Board Meetings

- Marketing attribution reports

InsightSquared review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"Fantastic tool for growing sales teams!"

What do you like best?

Great value for money! InsightSquare has great off-the-shelf reports and charts, answering most questions sales teams face. InsightSquared is super easy to set up, the customer success team really goes above and beyond to make sure the account is pulling the right data, and we are leveraging the tool to its best.

It works seamless with Salesforce, and data is refreshed almost in real-time.

What do you dislike?

Bulk changes to reports/dashboards can be time consuming sometimes. But there is not much to complain about the tool so far. It serves our current requirements quite well. Customer Success has been quick to respond and help us out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you don't have internal resources for customising reports.

We wanted a platform that allowed us to give full visibility of our growth metrics to every team member. InsightSquare makes it super easy, including training our team leads and whoever was interested in using the platform.

InsightSquared review by Carrie H.
Carrie H.

"Metric-Driven Sales Team Must-Have Tool"

What do you like best?

I can dig into every aspect of our sales cycle, behavior patterns of each sales person and stay goal oriented. I love how I can send reports to co-workers, team leaders or consultants outside the organization on a regular basis. The dashboards give me team a quick glance as to what is going on and the ability to dig in further if needed. We used Salesforce dashboard/reports prior which cannot hold a candle to the ease and information IS2 can give you in half in the time. If you use SF as your CRM, then you must add IS2 as your metric-tool.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the customer service is top notch and the training material/videos is comprehensive. The onboarding was seamless and my ongoing questions are answered quickly.

We wanted to understand our sales cycle (why does it take x-days) and understand where in the cycle presented the most problems by client and by sales person. Now we feel we are a metric driven sales team and we understand how to support, teach and lead the sales team more effectively.

InsightSquared review by Heidi B.
Heidi B.

"The data you need at your finger tips "

What do you like best?

I like that I can EASILY access the information I need to illustrate how my group is performing. The data is presented in a clear manner and I can pivot to ask additional questions in real time. The access to the data has given our group CREDIBILITY with executives.

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is not really anything that comes to mind. I am pleased with the performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared gives you the visibility you need and flexibility required to answer critical questions on your pipeline and revenue performance. For us it was not hard to get started. Good team and solid support.

I need the ability to answer questions about our revenue funnel in real-time. For instance, I want to quickly narrow in on WHERE we should focus our efforts and energy - in my case I saw we had a later stage funnel issue to my group could spend time there - versus earlier stages. In addition to optimizations, I can easily understand how we are performing (pipeline).

InsightSquared review by Rolf K.
Rolf K.

"Can't imagine not using it!"

What do you like best?

I love that they are always innovating and creating new ways to look at data. I've been in staffing for 20 years and IS2 is by far the best way I have seen to look at activity trends and financial data.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could average out the activity data as it relates to the filter. In other words if I am looking at recruiter activity data for a quarter and my time filter is weekly, at the end I'd love to see average per week. If the filter was monthly, it would say average per month. (To be fair I haven't specifically asked for this, they can probably easily do it)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is sooooo good. They know the staffing industry and they know data!

Knowing which activities create which results and taking that data and making business decisions or helping coach team members on how they can become more productive. I can also use the data to help forecast.

InsightSquared review by Lauren  F.
Lauren F.

"Regional Sales Manager"

What do you like best?

The platform allows me to forecast most accurately on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, but also helping to zero in and plan my day down to the hour - showing which deals pose the most risk and conversely which have the best opportunity of closing due to the momentum/value.

InsightSquared also allows us to look at our individual performance but also segment our performance based on product which is helpful when you are selling a multitude of products. Being able to step back and see where you've having the most success and maybe where you could improve helps define goals as a salesperson and understanding where we may need more training or marketing to push that product.

What do you dislike?

This is a tough one here - just about any request we've had to customize our cards and dashboards has been do-able! On my wish list would be having the access to create my own dashboard vs. what shows up for our team and perhaps hiding certain cards that I am not as focused on with my role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schedule a demo and see what the product has to offer. We had a fantastic experience with the demo - she made it look easy and efficient so we can focus on selling.

We are selling cloud-based solutions to a variety of businesses in the hospitality industry - in my role focusing on solutions that assist in growing group revenue.

InsightSquared gives us the opportunity to analyze our pipeline strategically & efficiently by looking at deal size, past buying history and a multitude of other factors impacting their business decision.

It allows us to help the hospitality industry focus on their group business while we figure out which of our solutions will help them maximize group revenue with increased efficiency, mobility and collaboration.

InsightSquared review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"More data-driven decisions on sales performance and marketing."

What do you like best?

InsightSquared enables us to make more data-driven decision on sales performance and marketing. Our CRM has a ton of information, but the reports are simple. They’re fine for managing a pipeline, but less helpful for understanding what can be done to optimize and improve a team. I used to spend hours exporting reports from Salesforce and manipulating pivot tables to create rep views of performance and behaviors over time. Insight Squared automates all that so I can spend more time thinking about what the data means and what can be done about it.

What do you dislike?

There’s nothing I dislike about the tool. I use average trending lines in Excel often, it would be good to have that here. We have sales people in multiple countries, so I do currency conversions manually. I understand multiple currency management is a feature of the higher level package.

The level of report customization is a key benefit. I created a global dashboard of the metrics we want on current quarter sales, pipeline and opportunity details. I duplicated it by market so country leaders can see the same data for their own teams. Another dashboard looks at rep performance to track benchmarks at each stage of the funnel and to identify where additional rep guidance, or account-based marketing, is needed.

Loss analysis used to be a periodic report activity, now its updated constantly so trends can be spotted early.

The charts and graphs are slick and perfect for presentations, saving time exporting data to Excel and then to Powerpoint. To keep execs up to date, current pipeline charts are automatically emailed Monday mornings.

InsightSquared review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Simple platform transforms sales cycle"

What do you like best?

The IS2 platform is incredibly intuitive and makes building believable and relevant business cases easy to form. By using this solution, the sales cycle has drastically shortened and turned 'sales' calls into true 'business' calls.

Over time we have worked with the IS2 team to mold the benefits and assumptions around our solutions so that each case fits our business model. Blown away that is takes 5 minutes to build a ValueBrief that is truly presentable and is very easy to talk through.

What do you dislike?

Initially the platform was a bit wonky and glitched, but with updates and some work internally these issues have been fixed and are non-existent.

Building business cases/ROIs for stakeholders & decision makers.

The ability to get around 'blockers' is generally a real challenge - But when using the property's ACTUAL numbers to build out these cases, there's not a lot they can say. The flexibility of the platform to show the breakdown of multi-year tiered pricing is a complete game changer.

InsightSquared review by Shelby A.
Shelby A.

"Great Tool for the Analyst"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability quickly manipulate Salesforce data to look at different groups, products, etc to answer ad hoc questions from mgmt. Additionally InsightSquared support is phenomenal, if you have any trouble answering a business problem they will make the proper adjustments behind the scenes to get you there.

What do you dislike?

A few of the reports like Quota Heatmap and Bookings Overtime prorate goals based on number of days that have passed in the Month/Qtr to show progress. Unfortunately, at this time this functionality cannot be removed in IS2 to look at the full current Month/Qtr. goals.

I use this product daily for bookings updates, reporting, ad hoc analysis, and more. It is much quicker and easier to pull sales data and manipulate it within InsightSquared than Salesforce or Excel.

InsightSquared review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Amazing historical insight that Salesforce can't give me"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the reports we can pull as well as the historical analysis of our sales pipeline and deals is incredible. This tool has given us the insight we need to optimize our funnel, overall company performance, and make smarter predictions about our future.

What do you dislike?

I want all the modules, and it's a little expensive for us based on our current company size. But I think that's a good business move by them. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial — it's awesome and what convinced us it was worth the investment.

It's allowed us to get real insight into the historical funnel, sales cycle, average contract size, pipeline, and more. Now, we're making smarter decisions on where we focus our efforts to qualify, prioritize, and optimize pieces of our process that stick out as super important.

InsightSquared review by Serenity M.
Serenity M.

"IS2 is great!"

What do you like best?

Insight Squared (IS2) saves me a lot of time in preparing reports and analytics for executives. One of my company's values is to embrace tools- Insight Squared makes that easy. It is the leadership team who uses this tool the most, and they notice if something changes.

What do you dislike?

Filtering can be a bit simple, I cannot add as complex of logic as I would like. (Opportunity contains filter A OR filter B OR filter C, for example).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is worth it if 1 executive buys into it. Eventually, other executives and direct reports will come onboard, it takes 1 good leader to see the value to make it worthwhile.

The leadership team uses IS2 to understand if there is enough pipeline created to meet goals. This influences hiring decisions, goal setting and coaching. The insights on the days in the sales cycle have been extremely helpful in coaching the sales team.

InsightSquared review by Len P.
Len P.

"Really Flexible and Comprehensive BI Platform"

What do you like best?

I've been a user with InsightSquared for about a year. As soon as I took the plunge and implemented, I immediately knew I made the right decision. My pipeline meetings take no time to prepare for. My team all uses the same set of dashboards to track their own performance and I don't have to do a thing. I like that InsightSquared tries as much as possible to build an off the shelf tool, but they are also great about taking feedback and making customer-focused improvements.

What do you dislike?

The only think I don't like is the transferability of the visualizations into PowerPoint. Our executive updates and other presentations are all in powerpoint and the only option for export is to print screen, copy and paste. It's ok, but it would be great if it were better. The status quo leaves me with less pretty PPT's than I would like - small price to pay for the great attributes of the product.

I manage my entire pipeline and through InsightSquared. I do very little reporting work in Salesforce itself anymore. This tool has saved me hours and hours of Excel work.

InsightSquared review by Christine N.
Christine N.

"Excellent tool for analytics!"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has become a valuable tool for us in measuring our teams activities, results, and financial stats. We're able to determine which job orders need additional work, which clients provide the highest level of opportunities for deals, which employees are achieving their metrics and performance expectations. The ability to slice and dice in a multitude of ways makes it easy to find and evaluate the performance metrics.

What do you dislike?

There is quite a bit of customization. There are some capabilities that I don't feel we completely understand how to configure, and finding/making the time to either figure it out on our own, or connect with the helpdesk doesn't always happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We utilized BullHorn. We found it's reporting far from meeting our needs. InsightSquared was a valuable tool that we depend on daily.

It has allowed us to understand clearly our team individual performance. We can see which job orders we gain the most benefit from and which ones we should spend less time working. We can easily see which clients have the biggest overall gross margin and revenue impact.

InsightSquared review by Vinny P.
Vinny P.

"Incredible SFDC intelligence with a few simple clicks"

What do you like best?

IS2 is awesome because they already have all the reports you can ever dream of already created. All you need to do is find the report type, set your filters and you're off to the races.

What do you dislike?

There isn't honestly anything horrible about the tool. They demo exactly what the tool can do with a quick onboarding process.

SFDC is an amazing tool...however, it's reporting engine is lackluster at best. This is where IS2 really shines. With the ability to look at weighted pipeline based off each rep's individual contribution then blanketed across the board is extremely valuable. Reviewing your Pipeline report and seeing the momentum of last related activity or how long it has been in that stage is also extremely valuable as well.

InsightSquared review by Christina W.
Christina W.

"Data visibility for the whole organization"

What do you like best?

The user-friendliness of the platform makes business intelligence much more accessible. They have a great set of reporting for each module that addresses every role in the sales and marketing departments.

The CSM and technical teams' expertise to share their knowledge is very helpful in navigating how to best visualize the data in the various ways in the platform. It's great working with them!

What do you dislike?

Making bulk changes in the dashboards can be tough if you need to update the filtering across multiple tiles.

We were interested in visualizing our data in a way where we can easily gain insights to make decisions. Now we have visibility from top of funnel all the way through closed won/lost and can make more intelligent decisions, whether it be improving a stage in our sales cycle or to how we generate pipeline.

InsightSquared review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"Great analytics tool"

What do you like best?

Has some great canned reports, graphs and charts. Easy to use and setup. Works well with Bullhorn. Offers a lot of flexibility in regards to creating and sharing custom dashboards and reports as well as the ability to dig into the data as well versus top-level reporting only. Great tool for keeping our pulse on where we've been, where we are at, and where we are heading.

What do you dislike?

Feel more control should be given to the end user in regards to custom report development and mapping to CRM systems. Custom reporting can come with a pretty steep price tag.

Allows for faster and timely delivery of important information that helps guide our firm and manage our employees. Provides valuable insights into our sales cycle, job order trends, and company-wide/individual activity metrics versus goals.

InsightSquared review by Lisa M.
Lisa M.

"InsighttSquared Well Worth the Investment"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, intuitive interface; provides great insight. I reviewed other solutions and found that InsightSquared provided just what we needed for our pipeline analytics. In addition to being a very useful took, the support team is beyond compare.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike. There are several dashboard options, so consider what's crucial to your organization prior to setting up dashboards for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I evaluated other options and found this the most useful and reasonably priced solution available.

We needed better insights in to our pipeline and a way to present concise easy to understand data to our sales team and our board. I can now look at InsightSquared and identify just where we need to focus our attention.

InsightSquared review by Joseph R.
Joseph R.

"Great BI Tool"

What do you like best?

Out of the box metrics available and created with little to no setup required. Lets you slice data in interesting ways to gain interesting insights into your data. With Slate allowing you to pull in other data sources its become a much better BI tool in general in recent years.

What do you dislike?

I think somewhat do to the nature of how Insight Squared works there are some odd limitations. One I can remember is that it's not great if you are only using contacts and not leads for some reporting as they assume you are using Salesforce in the way it was designed. Not the best in instances with heavy customization that aren't leveraging stock fields.

Availability of data, forecasting accuracy.

InsightSquared review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Great to understand why and where you win."

What do you like best?

The visualizations are great. When you can quickly see where things are falling through the cracks, it allows you spend time where you need to.

What do you dislike?

It is all dependant on Salesforce, this is a challenge if your SFDC data isn't clean. Also, I wish the team would make recommendations as to how we should set things up to see the most value. In the beginning it is a little bit of trail and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If quarterly reporting is a pain in the butt or if you want to figure where to spend time to see the largest improvements, it's a no-brainer.

Where do we need to improve in the sales process and how can we forecast better?

InsightSquared review by Kanwar S.
Kanwar S.

"Indispensable tool for a growing SaaS company"

What do you like best?

Very clean UI, ease of use, reporting including ability to filter and their fast customer support. Michelle Lynch (Sales) and Kory Stachowski (Success) are awesome!

What do you dislike?

I wish when we share a dashboard with an external stakeholder, there were more control options in place in terms of the drill down level of data they have access to. Also wish that when exporting to CSV, the resulting formatting was clean and automatically produced charts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not delay getting this tool! Using InsightSquared will also help you clean up any stale or problematic Salesforce opportunity data..it's a great auditing tool!

SaaS metrics to operate business and communicate to stakeholders. No more endless hours managing and maintaining this Salesforce data into Excel.

InsightSquared review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Good for sales reporting"

What do you like best?

I like that I can set up my sales teams with different dashboards. The retroactive reporting is very useful, as we can't do that with Salesforce alone.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports and filters have to be created by their support team, rather than myself. We also have a very large database, and data storage is an issue. My sales teams also don't adopt it much since they revert back to their Salesforce dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure there's a true need, rather than just implementing yet another software silo. You want to make sure your users will adopt.

Monthly numbers, forecasting. Benefits are that I can set up a report and forget about it, and my management team all base their monthly, quarterly and annual numbers on it.

InsightSquared review by Christian D.
Christian D.

"Powerful Sales Analytics and Operations Tool"

What do you like best?

Simple and concise way to analyze the performance of your sales organization. Visualization of the data are excellent making it easy to spot trends or problem areas that need to be addressed. The ability to create flexible customized filters allow you to take each report and show the key data areas.

Creating and distributing dashboards for users that show the key metrics that are important to the health and growth of the organization.

When question or problems have occurred the account management and support organizations have been tremendous in assisting in supporting our needs.

What do you dislike?

It can be challenging at time that the reports are essentially static however with the introduction of their new Slate tool this gap has been rectified. It would be nice to have the flexibility to change the frequency of when the data is extracted from Salesforce to enable more of a 'real time view'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have an internal resource/administrator that is responsible for the training and deployment of the tool. Make them a champion and support their efforts in making the organization realize how important analysis of the data is to the health and growth of the organization.

Absolutely essential taking full advantage of your Salesforce deployment and tracking how you sales team members are operating. Without this type of visualization tool it is very hard to show trends or patterns that exist in your Salesforce data.

When establishing a Sales Operations role in our organization the tool was critical to identify keys problem areas that were then resolved by implementing new processes or training programs.

Sales Management has adopted dashboard as a vehicle to deliver performance feedback in 1x1 meetings with team members.

InsightSquared review by Rich B.
Rich B.

"Simplified Sales Ops"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has saved me between 3-4 days per month in productivity. What I used to have to do in manual Excel pulls from Salesforce are now done automatically and updated throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

It is to be expected, but the initial setup of the reports required some help from InsightSquared. It took us a little bit to get the reporting exactly correct, but we were much more productive once that groundwork was completed.

Pipeline management, forecasting accuracy, and management reporting. I am now able to spend more of my time analyzing the data and less time compiling it. InsightSquared has enabled us to create efficiencies in these processes, saving us time and money.

InsightSquared review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Use InsightSquared to clean your data, implement Salesforce governance, and view historical data"

What do you like best?

I love that our sales team can work on fixing data that is incorrect so that our pipeline and forecast reports are accurate. I also love that we can see historical data points and data changes much easier than in the native Salesforce reporting tool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price tag, mainly, and that configuring tables to display data that isn't natively appearing in InsightSquared is a bit of a pain and takes some getting used to and help from your Customer Success Manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the money and need business analytics or analytics on your sales teams' behaviors inside of Salesforce, then buy InsightSquared TODAY!!!

With InsightSquared, we look at how long it takes for a lead to move through the full sales cycle of first creation date to date of opportunity closure (if applicable). We also use IS to see historical data points, for instance how long a given opportunity existed in a certain stage and how long the opportunity took to move from a newly opened stage to a closed stage. We also use it in financial reports to show upcoming and previous pipeline data.

InsightSquared review by Ron P.
Ron P.

"Comprehensive and accurate reporting in seconds!"

What do you like best?

The amount of reports and how fast they are available is incredibly helpful for someone leading a revenue team like myself. I am able to provide immediate analysis of pipeline and closed opportunities in minutes, which is something my bosses have wanted for some time.

The team at InsightSquared is hyper focused on customer service and have made themselves available whenever needed. We are very happy we have purchased the InsightSquared product!

What do you dislike?

There really aren't any areas I would label as a "dislike". I have only positive things to say at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The benefits easily outweigh any additional expense, so trial their product at an absolute minimum.

We are saving a large number of many hours due to the reporting capabilities of InsightSquared. Prior to purchasing their product we were spending days manually tallying info from Salesforce, simply an inefficient setup.

InsightSquared review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Insight delivers as promised....TWICE!"

What do you like best?

I have purchased Insight Squared twice now at two different companies. The ease by which I can generate insight to my data in SFDC is crazy good. I love having the IS2 team at my disposal to answer questions or configure new assumptions. Truthfully, IS2 lets me see just how bad my data is so I can fix it.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could more easily segregate renewals from new business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what you really need and who will be doing the work to make it happen. IS2 is like having another employee without the real expense.

Immediate insight to revenue.

Immediate visibility to areas I need to focus on to clean up process.

Immediate insight to CHURN

MMR vs ACR

InsightSquared review by Esra S.
Esra S.

"New to it InsightSquared but like it "

What do you like best?

Having been in sales for over 15 years, I love that there is one source for all my tracking needs. I can see all details in one area vs going from report to report.

What do you dislike?

I am still learning it so I am a little unsure if I am seeing all I need to see. also wish that the system would up date in real time. The more I know and the faster I know it, the easier it will be to see my efforts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take the time to learn the product and build a dashboard. It helps a lot in getting the most out of the system

The biggest solved problem is I am no longer guessing at what my work output is during any given period. I can track daily, weekly and monthly activity. I know what I am doing, where my time is spent and I can refocus my efforts.

InsightSquared review by User

"Makes my life so easy"

What do you like best?

quick dashboard access - I can see in 1 dashboard all the things I need and can prioritize how I view them - then I can schedule those things to go out to my team on a regular basis so they see and have access to what I feel is most important and where they should focus their time.

What do you dislike?

delays in updating - sometimes it seems like the Salesforce.com data takes over an hour to update in the system.

Forecasting and prioritizing time! This makes it so easy to see where we have issues in our pipeline, where we are winning and how we should focus our time. This is helping us work smarter and win the deals that we have the best history with!

InsightSquared review by Stuart M.
Stuart M.

"Helps us tie all our data together and keep on track."

What do you like best?

We have an enterprise stack that helps us hugely with growing the business. Its event more helpful when we can report against common data across everything we use - such as Salesforce, Marketo and Zuora.

What do you dislike?

The Slate product has a little way to go, but shows great promise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The more of their connected applications that you use the better.

With an increasing array of software and applications emerging for business, the ability to bring their data together and make sense of it becomes increasingly important. InsightSquared connects seamlessly to our major applications and their out of the box reports allows us to be up and running in very little time. We rely daily on IS2.

InsightSquared review by Joseph G.
Joseph G.

"Fantastic Sales Analytics and Diagnostics Tool"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is easily one of the best reporting products I've ever used. It's full of clever visualizations that simultaneously paint the big picture trends while also providing diagnostic details. The complexity of such visualizations is supported by outstanding documentation that speaks directly to common use cases.

What do you dislike?

The customization is locked away behind a configuration engineer. So any changes you want to make to critical metrics have to be submitted and then you have to wait while it's implemented.

After we finalized our initial configuration our understanding of our own sales process was revolutionized overnight. We had a clear gap in one part of our sales cycle and InsightSquared gave us a clear target to focus some operations and enablement energy to start addressing the difficulties that we were feeling, but unable to put our finger on.

InsightSquared review by Dave M.
Dave M.

"Becoming a customer again"

What do you like best?

This will be the third company that I have brought Insight Squared into as am a big believer in the value it delivers. It is so easy to use and takes reports that a new level for both Sales mgmt and for the employees.

We actually used it for our Board deck at one company savings us lots of time and having a consistent view each qtr made the board meetings more productive

What do you dislike?

I don't have enough time to become as proficient as I would like so feel there is more to get out of the product and need to carve out the time to save time

Aligning Sales and Marketing with one view of metrics

Rep KPI's and coaching

Pipeline mgmt

InsightSquared review by David B H.
David B H.

"We wouldn't know what to do without InsightSquared"

What do you like best?

Business analytics can be overwhelming in terms of the scope of what's available, and figuring out how to use the data. InsightSquared has allowed me to create reports which are easy to understand and take action on. I can also go in and - with only a few clicks - help analyze strengths and weaknesses of each team member so I can customize my training and support of that employee.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything. At times, I've wanted to do something fairly complex with the product, and it wasn't super easy for me to figure out. In those instances, I've called my account manager at InsightSquared who helped me develop something better than I could have done on my own.

Sales representatives are able to set and track goals, increasing revenues for my team overall. I am also able to identify under performing team members so I can get them the help they need. I am also able to reward and recognize top performers, and develop actionable "best practices" plans based upon their activities that others can follow. I'm also able figure out which clients tend to yield the best results, and focus our energies with those clients.

InsightSquared review by Holly B.
Holly B.

"Insight Squared is overall incredibly useful!"

What do you like best?

It's great working with the genuine folks at Insight Squared. Not only are they extremely friendly and positive, they will quickly go to any lengths to help you solve a problem. The tool itself is great as well; having reliable reporting for management to view & trust is an essential for any business.

What do you dislike?

There are often times that we change values for a field in our internal system, which then needs to be updated for all Insight Squared reports that filter by that field. It's a bit cumbersome to update each individual report in IS2 without having an ability to mass-update report filters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them about Slate, it's really cool and helpful if you want a little more control over reporting capabilities!

We didn't have a way of seeing conversion rates or win rates of our sales data. Insight Squared has given us these views which have helped increase our reliability in forecasting.

InsightSquared review by John F.
John F.

"Excellent tool for viewing and analysing Salesforce data"

What do you like best?

As most users of Salesforce would agree, whilst it is a very powerful system it lacks a lot of data analysis, visualisation and dashboarding finesse, which is exactly what InsightSquared adds.

We use it for a lot of different features and use-cases; pipeline tracking, forecasting, sales rep scorecards and 1 on 1s and overall company dashboards and leaderboards and it adds value to all of these. It also allows you to track the history of your deals using history tracking fields in Salesforce which is incredibly valuable as it is almost impossible to do this using the Salesforce reporting without setting up snapshots and doing a whole lot of extra work.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally reports aren't as personalised or personalisable as I would like, the reports are generally set up in one way, they have an extra solution for this, Slate, but we haven't added that to our package yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The new features that have been added to IS recently have been all about User empowerment, making sure we can change things without going through support, which is making my life as an admin a lot easier.

Pipeline tracking, 1-1 sales coaching, Activity tracking, Dashboards, leaderboards, showing this has ensured that reps are recording and logging details correctly and that management has an easier way of appraising each reps performance with the click of a button rather than generating manual reports.

InsightSquared review by Rachel M.
Rachel M.

"Visual, Customized Sales Analysis in Real-Time"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has taken our sales data and formulated it in a way that makes it easy to classify, organize, view, and analyze. So much of the dashboards and reports within the platform are customizable, which allows our team to create analyses that match the needs of our sales process. The customer service team as InsightSquared is responsive, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that all of our needs are met.

What do you dislike?

Currently nothing -- IS2 gives me everything I need and more!

Our sales management team loves having customized dashboards that show their teams' data exactly how they want it, including closed wins, forecast contributions, sales trends, weighted pipelines, and more. Being able to sort and classify data into graphs, charts, and cards all within the platform is helpful for presentations, and board meetings. Having both preset and customized versions of reports allows our team to easily pull numbers at our fingertips.

InsightSquared review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Director of Operations"

What do you like best?

What I like best about IS2 is to be able to drill down into real time without running multiple reports. All information is available at my fingertips. Customer support is quick to reply to any needs I have - whether big or small.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can mention as a dislike for IS2 was some confusion on being able to calculate specific details on an internal report that is standard for our industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize the value of time saved by not producing multiple reports and understanding your organization from the top down with easy to read reports.

We are able to see candidate throughput. Better opportunity to see candidate and client relationships and ensure we are continuing to be proactive. Understanding what clients are worth working with and others that aren't.

The benefits are not only to me but also my team that have an easy to read scoreboard/dashboard on where they stand with their internal metrics and goals.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great for tracking basic and advanced metrics"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to transparently view different KPI's across your team and company, as well as the dashboard customization, automated report generation, and the Synety phone plug-in to track calling metrics

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer the ability to have reports generated at different times during the day (a morning and afternoon activity update for myself, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to track staffing analytics at the highest level, this is the software for you. If you're not a firm that puts stock in KPI measurements or don't have the time to do detailed analysis, you might not get the best back for your buck.

It's a great tool for managers to quickly view their team's activity, and it's great for an individual to see what type of activity they need to generate to be as successful as the top performers in their company and team.

InsightSquared review by Polly B.
Polly B.

"They have yet to tell us, "no we can't do that.""

What do you like best?

The best part of IS2 is the caliber of the support and account teams. From basic training to custom reporting requests we have never received "no" for an answer. The team is responsive and easy to communicate with.

What do you dislike?

Introducing this tool to the staff was embraced by the millennial team members the quickest. However, unlimited training and support is provided by the IS2 team to make the tool successful.

Every producer is required to have a license in order to report their activity. For this reason, it is important to have all producers trained, engaged, and benefiting from the investment. On the plus side, historical data is not lost should someone leave the company. The Admin panel provides usage metrics and is very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your CRM admin is also the IS2 admin the communication for field mappings and workflows will go much smoother and faster.

IS2 helped tie in our time card system to display 'actuals'. This allows anyone in the company from c-level, branch manager, producer, or marketing member to view how 'actuals' are pacing to goal by company, office, employee, client, discipline, job title, etc. These visual reports create a sense of urgency not just at an individual level but now at an office and company level - in real time.

Statistics for sales collateral comes easier than Bullhorn reporting.

InsightSquared review by Sean B.
Sean B.

"Changed our world !"

What do you like best?

The analytics were easy to extract from sales force and yet we were able to customize toward our unique selling KPI's for the team and company. The GUI was great, We were able to have access to key sales data that helped us have needed transparency, Fast and reliable and easy to understand by all the organization !

What do you dislike?

perhaps the initial cost but the ROI on impact to our organization far outweighed our own risk and costs for development in house and we couldn't achieve the GUI of Insight Squared

Recommendations to others considering the product

Believe and don't over think. This team has seen it all and can have a great impact on data to help your company

visibility to a complex and long sale. Optimization of our sales force time. Develop and quantify our pipeline and easy to use

InsightSquared review by Darrian P.
Darrian P.

"Great People, Great Service, Great Company"

What do you like best?

I really like that they are always willing to help and if they can't they always have an answer or another suggestion to solve my issue. I always get a response from a person and if I email, I immediately get a response that says they will get to my issue as soon as possible. The interaction and time response is great. I appreciate their care for the customer.

What do you dislike?

I think they are great. Don't really dislike anything. I think that they could just always keep an open mind and keep improving their product on a daily basis. This will allow their product to grow and keep moving forward. Never stay stagnate and take advice from the customer on how to improve your product next. Sometimes a customer will interpret the way the data should be read and it could be another option for your data to be used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that there is always room for improvement. Keep trying to stay ahead of the curve.

We are solving multiple different functionalities with our current CRM/ATS system. IS allows us to use our data in a new and very functional wayy. IS has opened up doors for our data to be tracked, used, and given to our team. It allows them to see where they are great at, where they can improve on, and where they should be in the future. Those are certainly key when you have to repeat steps over in the business, so improving in order to make the individuals time more efficient is so important. Time = money, and Time saved = money saved.

InsightSquared review by David S.
David S.

"Awesome Analytics"

What do you like best?

With easy integration to SFDC, it is extremely easy for me to quickly get at the analytics I need to effectively drive my sales team(s). Highly customizable dashboards give me daily visibility and enable my team to prioritize their daily activities to ensure they reach their sales goals. We have seen our sales team engage at the right level and better prepared to close the opportunities at hand.

What do you dislike?

While tile organization takes some practice, the balance of the tool is outstanding and has given me back hours a week prepping spreadsheets and culling data. Now I can take immediate action and get the sales results we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly reccomend Insight Squared for any performance based team. The tool is easy and efficient. The insight squared team conducts a process review prior to getting started and this enables you to immediate get value from the tool and leverage the analytics customized to your needs.

InsightSquared enabled me to solve the monthly guessing game of pipeline accuracy. We have increased our ability to "predict" our sales by 74%. Having greater insight on each opportunity's metrics gives us the ability to determine what is needed to close each opportunity.

InsightSquared review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"The Data you can't afford to miss!"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared allows granular analysis of all sales data. Before we invested in the platform, it was tedious and almost impossible to truly analyze our data especially when covering sales cycles from lead to opp to close. I.S can produce and manipulate data the way Salesforce should be able to. It's the missing link between your CRM and BI tool.

What do you dislike?

Genuinely, I have no dislikes around the platform. An extra value add for us would be the ability to delve deeper into the progress and development of Accounts based on touch points, sales and positive interactions. I believe the platform may develop into something like this in the near future as some steps have already been made,

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need true sales analytics to advance all aspects of your process and team development, this is the product for you.

Three main problems were solved/improved when we implemented InsightSquared. The greater ability to coach our sales team at each stage of the sales cycle. Easily report top line numbers and forecast to the leadership team whilst providing the ability to analyze historic trends from our data that was almost impossible to do previously.

InsightSquared review by Karina S.
Karina S.

"InsightSquared is a Great Tool for Sales Reporting & Analysis "

What do you like best?

Two things:

- The standard, out-of-the-box reports are a great starting point for analysis and then you can dive deeper from there. It's wonderful not to have to create everything from scratch at the beginning.

- The support team is absolutely, completely wonderful. They are extremely responsive and very helpful. With this type of software, that is absolutely critical to customizing it the way you want for your business, and they do a great job.

What do you dislike?

Some features feel like an administrator should be able to handle them, but you have to go through support. Additionally, sometimes it feels like you should be able to customize things a little more than you can.

However, as I said above, their support is wonderful, and no piece of software ever does exactly what you want. I would also say that the tool is constantly evolving and they keep making great changes and making things more accessible for administrators.

Salesforce captures a lot of amazing data, but the reporting built into the CRM doesn't provide the insights at that deeper level. InsightSquared significantly closes that gap and does it using the data you're already putting into Salesforce.

InsightSquared review by Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

"Incredible sales insights! Easy to use with a solid support team"

What do you like best?

Great dashboards with easy to read metrics. It helps our sales management daily to track and manage the pipeline, as well as see where we are lagging. I love the seamless integration with SalesForce, so that we don't have to log-in elsewhere or have two systems to compare information. The sales and support teams at InsightSquared are also efficient and very easy to work with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish we had access to creating additional filters or custom reports based on the lists that are already pulling from SalesForce. You have to reach out to support for them to make a configuration change, even though they are fast and efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at other similar products, but the ease of use, seamless integration to SalesForce and the InsightSquared team themselves were the biggest selling points for our company. The dashboards are easy to create and share. The reports themselves are valuable and provide great insight into our sales organization's health.

The solution provides valuable insight to our executive team and helps our sales management know who needs help and where we may need to change strategy. InsightSquared provides the same information in real-time that used to take hours for me to massage in Excel. It is a huge time-saver for Sales Ops!

InsightSquared review by Lottie W.
Lottie W.

"So far, so good!"

What do you like best?

At the moment we are still integrating InsightSquared. The on-boarding team have been great at answering my many questions (there has been a lot!) and explaining everything in a easy to understand way.

They have been great in exploring different way we can accurately track our data in accordance with how we have our database set up.

What do you dislike?

If we could customise reports without paying extra.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think the system is great. I would definitely suggest the person implementing to have a full understanding of the database InsightSqaured is integrating with, and an idea how the business is set up (offices/teams etc.).

At the moment, we haven't solved any issues as we are still at the beginnings. It is making us consider how to track our data and what is actually important to us and individual managers.

Consultants are also required to follow full best practice for their activity to log correctly - always a positive!

InsightSquared review by Jono S.
Jono S.

"The best analytical software for sales data you will find!"

What do you like best?

The ease of running granular reports with already existing data! Couple that with the amazing sales and support teams and you won't find a better solution. You get personal attention and training to utilize your untapped gold! I can't stress enough how easy it is to dive into multiple databases of endless data. Colors, titles and granular data are all hyperlinked making it extremely user friendly to dive into all the data stories!

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to dislike; very robust and up to date reporting is available from places you couldn't even imagine existed. This helps you turn all the lights on! I thought my team would be opposed to being analyzed and measured vs each other, however we found just the opposite. It drove more data collection and motivation to improve and compete vs oneself!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hopefully you have already started a culture of data collection - The InsightSquared team will help with the rest! Be prepared to audit yourself but their software is so fantastic it will highlight the areas that may need attention.

Activity justification from an internal and external perspective. We are able to drive data as a culture in our business and provide robust reports to our clients to give them 360 degree feedback on activity and market analysis from multiple perspectives. We can easily measure which clients are getting the most attention and where more effort needs to be put. Everyone knows their numbers!!

InsightSquared review by User in Internet

"An absolute necessity for Sales teams"

What do you like best?

I loved that InsightSquared could give me instant answers to all the tough questions on my personal Sales pipeline + identify all the bottlenecks in my process. I feel like every AE + Sales Leader runs their team on somewhat archaic rules of thumb, but when it comes to the end of the month/quarter everyone is scrambling and nobody knows "WHY" pipeline is the way it is, why some deals are stalled, or why the forecast isn't accurate. With InsightSquared, I could dig deep into my own business and understand where I was strong, weak, and had an accurate pulse on my pipeline at all times. Sabermetrics for Sales is the best way I can describe it to someone who's never used it.

What do you dislike?

Implementation into SFDC can be difficult especially if your company has an unorthodox workflow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sales Ops usually are the ones who evaluate these tools, but I think InsightSquared is most effective when VPs of Sales + AEs use it as well. Therefore, make sure to include Sales and get their input when evaluating this or any other BI tools

Forecasting and Sales Coaching/Effectiveness. By using InsightSquared, we could pinpoint exactly what was working/not working with our Sales team

InsightSquared review by Kurt J. B.
Kurt J. B.

"Great Analytic Solution for Managing Revenue"

What do you like best?

Nice UI, with easy to use templates, sample dashboards and prebuilt integration with SFDC. The team there is awesome and has been with us throughout the journey.

What do you dislike?

They have component pricing which at times can create a complicated proposal but we worked through the challenges there. I wish there were better notifications and a mobile app.

We are trying to provide more metrics and insights around the entire sales process from Lead Generation through to closed won and partner success. Not only do we now have one version of the truth but we can also quickly identify outliers and rally around fixing these problems before they derail a quarter.

InsightSquared review by Liz v.
Liz v.

"Happy customers so far"

What do you like best?

We've spent a lot of time understanding and building out our sales reports in Salesforce and have evolved into requiring quite a bit of customization in InsightSquared to capture all aspects of our business. Through my endless tickets and requests for help, InsightSquared has delivered almost without fail, even requests I submitted mostly for the heck of it. Their individual attention and efforts to understand how we do business have really paid off in making this platform a success for us.

What do you dislike?

With only a few more customizations, InsightSquared could become a far more actionable platform. Many dashboards/reports appear literally made for immediate response and action, but it's hard to do so from within the reports themselves. Particularly the Sales Operations/Cleanup reports would be a very useful tool for our Sales Ops Engineer to bulk review and fix things when needed.

Clear visualization of Sales and Marketing performance. Salesforce does provide dashboards, but they are cumbersome and lacking flexibility. We view InsightSquared as both a technical and a knowledge provider. They help train everyone to look at the right metrics and give us far more flexible access to things we need to be looking at every day.

InsightSquared review by Denise L.
Denise L.

"Invaluable Business Insights"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to use and has allowed us to dig deep and make visible what was previously unseen disconnects within our sales process.

What do you dislike?

There hasn't been much I to complain about with InsightSquared. Whenever I've run into a problem, someone from their team has always been extremely quick to work with me and help find a solution.

We are now able to identify our shortcomings in the sales cycle quickly and better spend our time remedying them. It has helped improve alignment within our organization and allowed us to become more strategic with Sales and Marketing.

InsightSquared review by Evan L.
Evan L.

"Awesome platform, great team to work with!"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared lets us visualize our sales data in a way that allows us to quickly pull out key insights. As a sales leader, it is hugely valuable for gaining a deeper understanding of rep activity and opportunity pipeline metrics. Also, their implementation and customer support team has been amazing to work with.

What do you dislike?

Not much - it is an amazing platform with very sophisticated technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You definitely need someone to get into the weeds to fine tune the product and set up dashboards, but once you do that, you're golden!

Much more clear understanding of opportunity movement through our pipeline. Clearer picture of forecast/best case and opportunity management by rep. Features like momentum score really help us cut through the noise and understand which deals we need to prioritize.

InsightSquared review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Key to our Business Success!"

What do you like best?

We have been a long time customer for insightsSquared. We actually started using the product and we were on a platform that they didn't integrate with at the time and we moved over to a platform just so we could use the product. This product gives your business transparency into how your business is running. IS2 is key to our ongoing operations and success!

What do you dislike?

We dont have any complaints about the product! We love the fact that it is web based and that IS2 will work with us to configure dashboards and reports - everyone has access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

dont build your own solution - leverage this platform and rely on the experts

Transparency, pipeline and smart metrics that every business should have a handle on! Our sales team is able to look at pipelines and our internal staff is able to measure their efficiency and optimize their commissions.

InsightSquared review by Ray C.
Ray C.

"Great for everyone -> Epic for teams with no SOPS function"

What do you like best?

I'm not an excel wizard, IS2 gives me out of the box reports that I present at board meetings.

What do you dislike?

Customization requires calls with their team, which is OK if you have resources, harder when you are small.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are under 250 employees this feels like an easy buy. They seem to have the best solution on the market. If over, build business requirements and purchase system that meets your most pertinent needs.

We want to be data-driven, and since we don't have a SOPS function, this always me to do that without having spend time in salesforce.com or PP hell.

InsightSquared review by Ted E.
Ted E.

"Great Product for sales leaders who need to measure activity and forecast accurately"

What do you like best?

Insightsquared is reliable and easy to use. I especially like the pre-built dashboards that I can adjust for my team. The visualization of the data makes it easy for anyone to understand what is going on in the sales floor and most importantly, gives me better insight into my teams pipeline and forecast. InsightSquared makes my job easier and saves me time.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I do not like. The data could be more real time but thats about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

you should have bought this tool yesterday

As a sales manager, I am constantly trying to manage my time between running a team and joining meetings with individual reps that are dependent on me to help them drive deals to close. InsightSquared gives me an accurate lens into my business, my team's pipeline, and the forecast. InsightSquared helps me be more efficient.

InsightSquared review by Stacey W.
Stacey W.

"Hands down the best available analytics tools for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

The out-of-the-box reporting gets you 100x farther than basic Salesforce reporting. Our managers have historical access to data and can see incredible trending over time of what the data used to say versus what the data says now.

What do you dislike?

My only suggestion for improvement is to have better export tables available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Wave Analytics, stop right there. It is not nearly as robust or easy to use. This tool is visually stunning and accurate, as it reflects exactly what you have in Salesforce. We also love to do forecasting in it now.

We are making smarter business decisions based on concrete, actionable data. We know exactly when we need to hire more reps, who is exceeding, and how we can be better managers in specific areas.

User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Must have tool for any salesperson and sales manager who believes that numbers are important!"

What do you like best?

The amount of historical data provided by insightsquared as well as the ability to filter by employee to analyze my sales team.

What do you dislike?

We use Bullhorn as our ATS/CRM and I think the integration with InsightSquared could be better. I give it a 7/10. All of the data is there, but the notes in the customer files are not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool that has the capabilities of gathering real time sales data from your CRM or other software and measuring employee performance, you can't go wrong with InsightSquared. The sales analytics side provides enough information to discover trends

We use Insight to track all of our sales numbers i.e. calls, contacts, emails, etc. It is primarily used to drive the numbers.

InsightSquared review by Michael V.
Michael V.

"Serious business insights"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared is an awesome tool for doing tons of different things. As a sales rep I’m able to slice and dice my deals and performance in virtually any way you can imagine. Especially applicable at the sales level for higher deal volume sales orgs, but at the management level I would imagine at all levels.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t anything I dislike about It

Understanding how I convert from each sales stage and other data points hat have helped me optimize my sales process regularly.

InsightSquared review by Katherine Z.
Katherine Z.

"Insight Square Use for Sales- specific to IT Targeted organizations and groups"

What do you like best?

Great ability to customize dashboards, what type of analytics/metrics you'd like run and ability to generate great charts on quarterly progress, and comparing it annually to track progress.

What do you dislike?

The ease of creating custom dashboards is not extremely user friendly. I needed on of our Technology folks to help me customize dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend making it easier for people to customize specific sales goals to track. Whether it is an online tutorial to teach someone how to customize, or navigate, or detailed instructions, I think that would be beneficial.

Insight squared helped identify what time was spent on accounts- where i was investing time on cold calling, vs. meetings and figuring out what accounts I was investing the majority of my time and comparing it to revenue generated.

InsightSquared review by Natasha Z.
Natasha Z.

"Insight Squared for Recruitment"

What do you like best?

The amount of information that insight squared integrates is amazing. You can look up almost any statistics from your company that you can think of and look at it all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little confusing to navigate, especially if you're looking for information that requires multiple steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to really get to know the product before you jump right in to use it. It's definitely something that takes some time to learn.

Tracking development within a technical consulting/staffing company to determine contact made, money earned, and overall work of the company.

InsightSquared review by Anne Marie C.
Anne Marie C.

"A powerful and beautiful analytics tool"

What do you like best?

The out of the box functionality is awesome! And they have one of the best support teams I've ever experienced.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more ability to customize or create reports on my own. There has been great movement in that direction over the past two years but I still would like a bit more autonomy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really love InsightSquared and hope to continue using it no matter where I work. It's easy to use, the visualizations are great and the support is world class.

My two biggest issues are the licensing model: we have a number of users whose data we want to see but have no need to have access to the system themselves. And that there is some duplication of work, any time I update something in Salesforce I do have to check that everything is still showing up correctly in InsightSquared.

A real time analytics solution, by the time we were getting around to doing calculations in Excel the data was no longer as relevant. InsightSquared lets me check my real time, and historical, metrics in near real time.

InsightSquared has made KPI tracking incredibly easy. 75% of the metrics I track in my capacity in Sales Operations come directly from InsightSquared and require no additional work on my part. Weekly KPIs are no longer a time consuming part of my workflow.

InsightSquared review by Linda F.
Linda F.

"Finally, a Business Insights Platform that predicts my questions! "

What do you like best?

The Library of reports is just incredible, above and beyond my expectations. I've found answers to questions I didn't know I had yet, and with a couple of clicks I can share the reports with the Exec team, giving everyone a deeper understanding of our trends and forecasts.

What do you dislike?

I would love to be able to modify the charts within the library reports, and I imagine that is something I will be able to do in the future, as InsightSquared is constantly updating features and settings.

I'm saving significant time in designing, building and validating my reports. I can be asked a question for our Exec team for board preparation and have answers and professional charts to them within minutes.

InsightSquared review by Luigi A.
Luigi A.

"Flexible And Dynamic"

What do you like best?

Colored Charts, Dynamic and flexible SQL interface, great integrations.

What do you dislike?

Slate reports could be organized better in the list view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The highest level of chart customization we could find, great for all kinds of reports.

Live views of our data are now a reality. We are able to merge and analyze data coming from multiple repositories without having to work in local software , and we are able to instantly share complex custom reports across the organization.

InsightSquared review by Kali B.
Kali B.

"Lifesaver for forecasting and sales analytics"

What do you like best?

Everything. This would be a full time person living in Excel to get to this data. InsightSquared gives you that immediate view without having to rerun a lot of reports. Love the ability to pull in history of deals and pipeline. Knowing how pipeline has changed over time is a huge help. Salesforce reports have no way to pull that trending data.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but I wish I could build more reports on the fly & pivot differently. The Slate part of the product has a lot of flexibility to do custom reports.

We wanted to understand our sales cycle and funnel and understand where the gaps were and where we can focus to improve. We use the dashboards and reporting to communicate daily to the entire company about how our revenue organization is performing.

InsightSquared review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Isnight Squared was somewhat helpful, but I wouldn't buy it again"

What do you like best?

I did like how Insight Squared displayed the data. They had a good variety of reports and it was relatively easy to use. Dashboards were customizeable, which was nice for individual sales people. Management really liked having it because it gave them reason to complain, which where I was working, was all they were looking for.

What do you dislike?

The data was there, but it's was not all that actionable, and often it wasn't accurate. It didn't sync in real time with Salesforce and I found myself ignoring it more than anything because I didn't rust the data. Management just used the numbers they say to complain, and we spent lots of wasted time defending ourselves by proving the data was invalid. I found it to be not much more than pretty pictures. Had a great interface, but not backed by quality data. If I was in a position to purchase Insight Squared for my team, I would pass. It's just another sales tool to use that isn't really necessary.

I should caveat this by saying it is possible that my management didn't have it set up correctly. They were the type to purchase everything pitched at them and only half-ass the setup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really really dive into it and ask very specific questions to make sure it will do exactly what you are trying to accomplish. Don't assume anything.

Trying to increase sales. That was the whole point. The time I spent in Insight Squared didn't help me do that though. It gave management metrics to complain about, but I very regularly showed them how the metrics were wrong. I ended up spending a lot of time looking at reports for accuracy or defending myself, none of which lead to more sales. I would have sold more if I didn't have to waste my time with this.

InsightSquared review by Brian N.
Brian N.

"Pipeline clarity"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared has provided me a tool set to much better manage my pipeline, forecast opportunities and focus my time and attention on the accounts that should yield the best results. It is a great way to fill in the gaps in basic Salesforce reporting and understand the hidden metrics and nuances in my pipeline. As a salesperson time is your most precious commodity and InsightSquared helps me maximize the time and effort equation.

What do you dislike?

It took some time to learn the navigation of the product, but I would expect a learning curve with any system of this nature.

Every pipeline has multiple stories to tell. How opportunities are moving through the pipeline is obviously critical, but those are the opportunities that always get the most time and attention. Its the story the opportunities that aren't advancing tell that I needed to understand. Where are deals stagnating, what is the reason and were do we need to focus time. The benefit is the details that Salesforce alone doesn't always focus on or are hard to create meaningful reports on.

InsightSquared review by Csongor D.
Csongor D.

"Great algorithms power this appealing BI tool"

What do you like best?

I love the forecasting and historical trending features! The fact that I am not forced to just use basic pipeline weighting to get to a forecast is key! Instead, the individual sales person's conversion rate is factored in to their likelihood of hitting quota!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the lack of customization options. I know that's part of their USP but every business is different and you will need to be able to look at the data from different angels.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure your initial scoping covers most possible report types you need as there is very limited customization.

Forecast accuracy is really good, opportunity momentum and pipeline changes are a breeze to look at! Quota attainment is also really visual and easy to see. Manual forecasting is another tremendous tool but a bit too difficult to navigate.

InsightSquared review by Stephen W.
Stephen W.

"Gameification at it's finest"

What do you like best?

The visualization of each individual's pipeline does come in quite handy. I also like the ability to see the productivity of myself and my teammates on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

The sfdc integration could be better. IS doesn't always accurately display opportunities sourced by SDR's correctly. It works well for AE's and does work some of the time for sdrs'; however, I'd like more consistency.

We have a lot of dashboards already built into SFDC so to be quite honest it feels redundant. I would say however IS does a much better job with visualization and reporting . It makes it easier to see performance metrics on a daily basis.

InsightSquared review by Bryan V.
Bryan V.

"Increased the depth and breadth of analytics for our team."

What do you like best?

Relatively simple setup and implementation. Good support from InsightSquared team.

What do you dislike?

Several good dashboards available for download to get started, but would love to see a larger library, maybe even soliciting samples from customers they view as "best in class." The ability for admins to customize is currently limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared has a clean UI and set up and administration is painless. Still some work to be done in terms of administrative privileges for customization. Great, low pressure sales process and excellent account managers.

Standard Salesforce analytics don't provide the same level of insight, especially historical information. InsightSquared presents the info in a very nice UI with great flexibility in how the information is displayed. Our sales leadership team loves it and others on our executive team are interested in what more it can do.

InsightSquared review by Larry M.
Larry M.

"Excellent sales management application"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared drives substantial value, given it's ability to easily track Salesforce sales data in a time-series manner, coupled with an intuitive set of pre-configured dashboards. The forecasting capability is effective, and the application is relatively easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there's not much to dislike. Field adoption would increase substantially if the mobile UI allowed for direct edits to Salesforce, as opposed to using deep-links and the S1 app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest the time up-front to understand your data model, and clean up your hierarchies.

Improved forecasting, and historical sales trend analysis.

InsightSquared review by Luke R.
Luke R.

"Great for Automated Reporting - Takes Some Time to Get Setup"

What do you like best?

Integrates well with our CRM system, and with the reports setup, I'm able to keep track of stats and performance metrics with ease. Client reporting can even be completely automated in some cases.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find it difficult to put together new reports the exact information I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InsightSquared is a powerful tool that integrates well, and offers complete reporting automation. The challenge is in making the reports.

Reporting to clients on metrics, and reporting to management on activity goals

InsightSquared review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Super helpful for sales ops, tough adoption for a young AE team"

What do you like best?

I love being able to see historical SFDC reporting on things like the pipeline flow. It's also nice to have clear visuals that I can quickly pivot through based on real-time requests from management.

What do you dislike?

The product is almost too flexible to roll out to a young sales team. We've struggled with adoption on the AE/manager side of things because of the fact that the amount of data available is simply overwhelming to a newer user. Frankly, user controls on the administrator side is a bit confusing in terms of understanding how to lock down certain views/reports/abilities to my non-admin users.

We've definitely gotten a much better view on what is happening in our pipeline - where are deals going, which stages are we getting stuck in, etc. I appreciate the ability to look back and find out (QUICKLY) where deals came from or were sent to- something that I could do in SFDC but would have trouble doing quickly without an export or pivot in Excel.

InsightSquared review by Dan F.
Dan F.

"Amazing forecasting reports"

What do you like best?

The ability to slice and dice data in any format you want resulting in clean, easy to understand visual representations.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I need to do on Insight Squared at my level that I'm not able to do so there's nothing I dislike about the platform right now.

This product makes it easy for me to get a pulse on my pipeline and provide great reports for my monthly business plans.

InsightSquared review by Kristina S.
Kristina S.

"Director of Sales Operations"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared provides transparency into our performance to the sales team and the rest of the organization. I have the data needed to make business decisions with the click of a mouse.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to say that I dislike anything! One thing on my 'wish list' is the ability to factor opportunity splits into forecasting.

We are using InsightSquared to coach our reps to better manage their pipeline, which is turn helps them to more accurately forecast.

InsightSquared review by Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.

"easy to use and customize"

What do you like best?

I love that you can make customizations to each of the dashboards. You can view your metrics/performance across YTD, MTD, All time etc functions and drilldown to specific daily activities. i also love that you can get customized reports to your email - or forward to a client/team directly from the insightsquared webpage!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some of the graphs/charts get cut off or shortened. It makes it hard to glean insights from a large group of people in the nightly emails.

Tracking metrics and KPIs

InsightSquared review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Great analytics tool"

What do you like best?

InsightSquared provides a great suite of reports, with a good level of customization, the ability to create dashboards, and good support.

What do you dislike?

Some customizations still need to be done through support rather than being able to do it yourself. Would be nice if the data was more real-time. Would love to see some more gamification features.

We needed a reporting system that would plug into our ATS (Bullhorn) as their reporting solution was insufficient. It also draws in other data from other systems (phone and email data).

InsightSquared review by User in Computer Software

"Dashboards for all!"

What do you like best?

This tool lets your strategy/analytics team cut your data and create reports for almost anything you could think of on the sales floor

What do you dislike?

can sometimes be confusing and hard to navigate if you don't know what you are looking for. Because there are so many options and ways to cut the data-- suggestion would be to know what you're looking for before you go in. Easy to get lost down a rabbit hole of metrics

Our company is at a place where we are trying to optimize what sales reps should be responsible for what numbers and what the factors are for that figure. At this point, as we grow, it's imperative to have good tracking/metrics to inform decisions moving forward.

InsightSquared review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"Unrivalled Insight "

What do you like best?

IS2 is the only analytics solution that allows us to bypass our CRM's (Bullhorn) limited reporting suit and really get what we want from our data.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit of a pain setting up filters for different individuals when making multiple team or consultant specific dashboards, but I'm told this issue will be addressed with a new update due out shortly.

Accessing the information that is important to us was a long, time consuming process. We had to run several reports, export information into spreadsheets and then combine and manipulate that data to get what we want. We can now get this critical information automatically sent to us every day, saving time and subsequently money as well as making it easier to quickly identify issues and opportunities.

InsightSquared review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Amazing Sales Analytics!"

What do you like best?

This product saves me endless hours that would otherwise be spent pulling salesforce reports, scheduling them, refreshing dashboards, and etc. This product allows quick drilling and powerful insights. Customization is great.

What do you dislike?

Not too much. Sometimes in the platform you will end up in a place from an admin side that you can only edit by reaching out to support. This can be a bit annoying but their team is always helpful, so not really even a dislike.

Analyzing company + individual performance, examining product performance, goal tracking, leaderboards for the office with win songs, deep analysis of sales reps, creating dashboards, recurring reports.

InsightSquared review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Great pre-built dashboards and ability to customize your own"

What do you like best?

From the minute you get access you can quickly enable powerful reporting. With some time you can also create your own insightful dashboards. It is also great for high level leadership reporting and a one on one sales rep performance/activity management tool.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to combine different data sets in one card, for example seeing bookings achieved with pipeline in one table is not easy to make. That being said the professional services team is responsive and helpful with one off requests. Lastly there are a few small tweaks around the tiles that would be helpful, like adding totals or enabling more graph options.

Our main use case was automated pipeline and forecast reporting. We have actioned this which has saved time for several employees spending hours in excel on a weekly basis.

InsightSquared review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent product to uncover pipeline metrics"

What do you like best?

The ability to showcase data points that impact our sales efficiency in a streamlined way.

What do you dislike?

Once I had a handle on the software, it became more important to customize reports and summarize KPIs that were applicable to us specifically. Unfortunately, there's not a huge amount of customization that's available out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't currently have a BI tool/pipeline acceleration software, then IS2 is a great first step. However, if you already have one in place, then it's important to understand if they can provide the customization that's needed.

Our sales team is much more data driven and metrics focused because of IS2, which leads to a sales process that's more efficient.

InsightSquared review by Jacco d.
Jacco d.

"Love the new insights our team now has because of InsightSquared"

What do you like best?

We all know Salesforce has limitations and InsightSquared is the solution to cover the reporting gap. It allows for easy creation of reports, both historical and future-looking, with the ability to customize and filter. Double clicking any numbers automatically creates a new report. You can then add to a dashboard and share with different teams across management, sales and marketing. And all through a user-friendly interface and backed up by dedicated support. Also, did you listen to their podcast, it's one of the best!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike yet. Supposedly being able to create more custom reports is on the roadmap, but with lots of out-of-the-box reports and an onboarding team committed to do anything for me to succeed there hasn't been any need for that yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform and awesome team. If the cost makes sense to your business it can easily be justified resulting in incremental revenue.

Better insights into the business. I keep uncovering new insights, resulting in an optimized strategy and more effective sales and marketing teams.

InsightSquared review by User in Internet

"Great product for advanced team"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and integrates with Salesforce. All of my information in one place and I get data points on where I need to focus in my deal cycle.

What do you dislike?

If you are not an advanced team, this will be overwhelming and unnecessary. You need to decide as an organization if you are going to use Salesforce or InsightSquared as source of truth. I'd also love if you made changes in InsightSquared, if it appeared in Salesforce so you don't have to make a double change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a more advanced salesforce

Figuring out where the gaps are in the buying process with customers. My Director and I could focus on these points together and would bring him into meetings to help train me.

InsightSquared review by Rick W.
Rick W.

"Absolute game changer for any metrics-based sales organization"

What do you like best?

My customized dashboard gives me instant access to key metrics in real time.

What do you dislike?

Thus far, we've not been able to configure the sales forecast graphs to reflect the data in the way we would like to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be shy about reaching out to them directly for help with anything. They are pretty responsive.

Two key benefits: (1) Ability to provide upper management with timely reports on bookings, pipeline status, and other key sales metrics, and (2) Ability to be a much better coach to my salespeople by reviewing their personal activity and performance metrics sliced and diced however I need them.

InsightSquared review by User in Computer Software

"Great tool for forecasting "

What do you like best?

While we don't use InsightSquared for anything groundbreaking, it's the best tool I've seen to bring a vast amount of sales geared data, into an easy to digest format. Not only is the UI very well designed and easy to read, but it actually saves me time and that's worth the investment alone.

What do you dislike?

Nothing of note to dislike. Everything is pretty straight forward. Things can get a little crazy when initially setting up as the types of graphs and charts you're able to construct seems endless. But once you get an idea of the stats you wish to track it's fairly seamless.

InsightSquared syncs data directly from Salesforce and allows us to quickly and accurately forecast quarterly revenue, identify deals that may be lagging or losing momentum, and efficiently manage pipeline.