Instabug

Instant bug reporting for mobile apps.

Work for Instabug?

Learning about Instabug?

Instabug Reviews

Showing 95 Instabug reviews
Instabug review by Dorice F.
Dorice F.

"Better to know where are bugs come from!"

What do you like best?

Good power at my working place. Great and clear experience for my team and our clients. I like to work with feedback. And it's very good to work on them. I like it very much.

What do you dislike?

I like that working with a chance to know everything. Good controlling system. Great way to receive our feedback. I like how support service helps us. No bad issues at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software. Keeps your work at a good level. A good solution to make a recording of bugs. Very easy to work on all history of your users. You will work on more important steps and will make increase them.

We are glad that we have the ability to work with this software. We can easily find a way to solve bugs. That program works faster and better with it. We like to work with clients and receive their feedback. When we have them we are working much better.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Instabug
Instabug review by Elisandro B.
Elisandro B.

"Indispensable mobile app diagnostics in-app bug reporting and customer/support chatting."

What do you like best?

As both QA and Technical support, I love the fact that Instabug effortlessly empowers the user to provide me with an annotatable screenshot, a note, a stack trace and device profile. Eliminating a frustrating back and forth to retrieve key configuration data. We can quickly assess whether the configuration and scenario reflect known issues or begin to identify specific configurations to which that particular problem applies.

What do you dislike?

The in-app chat capability is a very compelling feature. It is definitely a feature our users use and we appreciate having that channel of communication. The problem that arises then is that there no clear method by which to route customer service calls to a customer service application and maintain that thread within that flow, instead of having the technical service and QA teams monitoring and manually routing those. Even if you can forward the request, it is not clear if there is a way to keep that channel open to the customer, without keeping it in the same queue technical support and QA monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement it early on, so that you can use the information you acquire to guide your development and to help customers communicate issues and identify inconsistencies between actual and expected functionality.

Device configuration, stack trace, crash data, screenshot and customer feedback acquisition. Reduces troubleshooting time by reducing communication issues in acquiring this information from users unfamiliar with the domain, getting more relevant data to that specific moment in which the issue occurs, providing a greater scope of configuration data without exhausting the user's patience and helps establish patterns more quickly with range of variables provided.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

Instabug review by Lee W.
Lee W.

"Fast, efficient, and simple to integrate"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep it simple is the most important element of how I like to operate. Thats key when testing out a new product right? MVP...Instabug made it simple for me to get what I needed up and running. If you look at many other vendors out there, they want to have verbal conversations and try to sell you on their solutions. Instabug was a DIY solution. Although I like talking with people, as an developer, we are often in trial mode, and do not have time to engage with others all the time. Kudos to the team there in making it self sufficient.

What do you dislike?

Time difference for them to respond to inquiries. They are in Cairo, and don't always respond as fast as I would have liked. However, the answers I wanted were on their website, so I could've looked there more thoroughly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want simplicity and speed, this is the right solution to start. Since We are within 1 year of using it, I cant say if it will be a long term solution, but so far, it looks like we will be sticking with it. It does what it is supposed to for us.

I have 3 apps now using Instabug for my bug tracking with my customers.

Instabug review by Saswat P.
Saswat P.

"Significantly simplifies our Testing & Debugging process"

What do you like best?

Integration works right out of the box on native iOS & Android. Our biggest use case is to speed up internal testing and debugging. Instabug provided us with full network logs (goodbye charles!), full console logs, device details and screenshots w/ annotations. This has sped up our process quite a bit. Also, support has always been super prompt (< 2 hours) and helpful even on weekends.

What do you dislike?

We're using Instabug for Unity3D. Unfortunately they don't provide support out of the box for Unity. So we had to spend quite a bit of time implementing our own native plugins - which aren't perfect yet. That means we don't get to use User Steps, Crash logs and several other important Instabug Features.

Speeding up internal QA & debugging. Network and device logs that we get with Instabug mean that anyone - not just the QA or dev team - can submit details bug reports. Super helpful during bug bashes and when sharing builds with Clients.

Instabug review by Ioannis K.
Ioannis K.

"Amazing support, great service"

What do you like best?

I like their humane support, the speed at which they act when a bug is found, and the way they pay attention to each ticket individually.

There were times that we really needed a couple of issues resolved. They were there for us. It feels more like a business partner instead of a service.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment.

I'd really love it if I could also track javascript errors and stack traces on both iOS and Android (which I know they're working on).

It's an amazing tool, and they are putting a lot of effort in making it better. Of course it takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it.

We're tracking incoming bugs from our mobile app. We really use Instabug heavily to transfer tickets to HelpScout, and Slack so that 1) our support can respond fast, 2) our devs can resolve the techie ones.

Instabug review by Farhan Y.
Farhan Y.

"All in one Place"

What do you like best?

Options are right there where you need them. Didn't ever need to be searching for something.

What do you dislike?

I can't filter the bugs using just the bug number. For eg: if the bug number was 150, i have to type #150 in filter view which i felt was unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great bug tracking tool and gives you a good idea on the problems faced by users. Probably not the best in terms of analyzing crashes, but can get you an idea of how often your app crashes.

Creating an iOS app to help people ask questions and get it answered through broadcasting video. Users are able to shake and let us know instantly regarding an issue they are facing. This lets us know all the logs at the time the bug was encountered.

Instabug review by Andy M.
Andy M.

"Instabug is full of bugs"

What do you like best?

I like that its easy to incorporate feedback from customers and tie it to jira.

What do you dislike?

It constantly doesn't work. We often see tickets that have to be submitted manually into Jira or else they get "lost". Sometimes the forwarding takes hours. Their web hook is broken and the bug report just sits there on github with no progress, which means we can't even tie into our own things. The Android SDK is not open source, so we cannot even fix the problem ourselves. We have to pay on a per user account, which seems awkward. Finally, where is better react-native support? Our react-native crashes do not get caught.

We collect customer feedback about our product with Instabug. The benefit is we do not have to create our own bug submission tool.

Instabug review by Manuel K.
Manuel K.

"Intuitive channel for endusers to give feedback"

What do you like best?

We have made great experience using Instabug while working on early versions of our MVP. Instabug removes barriers for users to give feedback, this was crucial for a smooth info-flow.

What do you dislike?

Taking surveys was a little bit tricky at the start. We used Instabug for the frontend development in 2017. I assume the usability has improved since then. p.s.: As focus shifts away from major backend tasks to frontend jobs, we plan to use Instabug again.

Interacting with customers. Iterating on the product is easy, as there are multiple ways for users to give feedback. We love the feature to send screenshots and take surveys.

Instabug review by Russell P.
Russell P.

"Great reporter about bugs"

What do you like best?

Gives me the good opportunity the best in-app assist experience for me and my users. Now I can get more feedback from my beta investigator with in-app feedback, and screenshots.

What do you dislike?

That good platform. Gives way to know everything whats going on. Perfect to have feedback. Good support service. Till now I enjoy using that software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good solution to have. Ability to record bug. To know about your users and to see a report of their history. Also, you will be able to draw on the screenshots. And of course, increase what's most important.

Gives to as a chance to fix bugs quicker with an automatic way to reproduce, internet logs.So great that we always receive feedback. Which is making our work more develope.

Instabug review by User

"Works well, responsive support"

What do you like best?

Bug reports work well enough, especially if users utilize the screenshot tool properly. E-mail support has been very responsive as I ran into various problems during setup.

What do you dislike?

There is still not full support for Xamarin as far as I can tell. What would be extremely helpful and allow me to abandon HockeyApp is to have crash reporting that gives me a C# filename and line number for both Android and iOS builds.

Availability still seems to be through the Xamarin component store instead of the now preferred NuGet. I've seen Instabug on NuGet recently, but the offerings are confusing, so I haven't made that switch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it includes the features for your desired platform and make full use of the trial period to test all features.

We are using it to solicit feedback from our workforce in the field. It has been useful a few times in realizing when we have a problem, but oftentimes, without detailed crash information as mentioned above, someone saying "it crashes when I do XYZ" is not actionable.

Instabug review by Alexander G.
Alexander G.

"Excellent product, fantastic support and lovely team"

What do you like best?

It's hard to single out one thing with Instabug because it is the sum of all factors that makes it such a winning product. It is my one-stop shop for crash reporting and debugging, whilst also my provider for customer support, bug/feedback tracking and even real-time chat with customers. I like that I have all of this in one place in a clear and easy to use dashboard. On top of this the Instabug team is a joy to work with, providing very fast developer support even on the weekends, and showing willingness to improve and modify their product in accordance with our needs.

What do you dislike?

The only criticism I can really level is that there is the occasional bug with the dashboard/system. This has never really been critical, and as a developer I understand that this goes hand in hand with their continued development and improvement of the service. The fact is that anytime there is an issue they are extremely quick to respond and implement any necessary fix. Occasional issues are inevitable in software, but their dedication to a fast and proper response is admirable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to use on the lowest tier. You have nothing to lose by trying it and I believe you'll be staying for the functionality and wonderful team behind it. We had no reservations in moving to a paid tier based on our experience.

We're improving our product in terms of stability using their crash reporting, and in terms of functionality using customer suggestions and bug reports.

Instabug review by Consultant

"Streamlined system, combines multiple services"

What do you like best?

Apart from usual log, analytics and other common features, it has multiple channels for communication, even includes real time chat. That is sometimes a separate service we need to pay for. Having everything included in a single service makes it easier.

What do you dislike?

There should be a discounted tier for smaller entities/sole developers. The features would help a small non-funded company or someone who is trying to create a product by himself/herself. But during the initial period, the price is not helpful. The free version does not include anything usable after trial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One easy drop in setup covers almost all the customer feedback/crash and bug tracking needs. Would definitely help app stability and app store reviews.

Previously used to spend a lot of time trying to figure out blindly what actually triggered a bad app store review. Also, it was not easily possible to contact the users directly to get feedback. With instabug, some users even provide feedback instead of giving a bad review. Having an open channel gives the customer some confidence that the bugs/issues will be resolved. Otherwise, they would switch to a different app.

Instabug review by User

"Instabug helps my company react fast"

What do you like best?

We are running a financial App and use instabug to keep track of app crashes and bug reports. There are two things I like about Instabug. The first is the shake your phone and report the bug feature. We use this feature to test app, let user communicate with us and provide this novelty feeling (users love shaking their phone!) the screen capture and video recording functions are really useful for bug report. Second thing I like is the integration with Slack, allowing the team to track bugs and react fast.

What do you dislike?

We had some issue with bug reporting in the App. For example, when I tried to take two screen capture in one bug report, the app crashes. It should be some integration issue with our App.

We are a financial-technology company that targets people living paycheck to paycheck. Powered by Artificial intelligence, our App is designed to help users stretch their paycheck and do more with their money

Instabug review by User

"Solid bug and crash reporting platform"

What do you like best?

Instabug's bug reporting features have been very helpful in discovering discrepancies between our (the developers') expectations and those of our users. The crash reporting has also been invaluable, and has helped us eliminate many potential problems prior to releasing builds.

What do you dislike?

Symbolicating crash reports is a little bit of a manual process, though it is really a fairly minor issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use, though if you need to communicate with users who are reporting bugs, and you don't have another way of identifying contact info, I'd recommend getting one of the upgraded packages for Instabug as this is the only way to get that info.

We allow users to report bugs or requests through Instabug, and it has been very helpful seeing screenshots with user markup letting us know exactly what they're seeing, what they're expecting, etc.

Instabug review by Administrator

"An easy way for the team to report bugs"

What do you like best?

The QA team can easily report bugs, as can our clients. The tool provides a wealth of information about bugs and crashes (the logs are very helpful, the ability to screen shot and pinpoint what is going wrong withe the design or the user experience is great)

What do you dislike?

The shaking to report a bug feature can be annoying when accidental shakes make the dialog come up. There were some bugs when using an older version of the Android sdk (multiple bug reporting dialogs were popping up) but updating the library fixed them and now it seems to work just fine. Other than that, the price is a little steep.

Instabug allows our non technical clients to get involved with the QA process of the products we deliver to them if they desire. The shaking to report a bug feature is quite simple for non technical people.

Instabug review by Achraf A.
Achraf A.

"An interesting product and SDK that fits right into my mobile app"

What do you like best?

Ease of integration and the extensible SDK that allows for a very customized integration of the bug reporting software into a developer's application. feedback instantly started flowing as soon as the new app update was distributed.

What do you dislike?

I had some trouble separating bug reports from the production version of the app and the beta tester's version, sometimes it's not as obvious and I had to ask the user for which version of the 2 that they're currently using on their device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend Instabug if you're a developer who has mobile apps and needs a quick, affordable and efficient way to collect bug and crash reports from your users without bothering them too much.

I am trying to eliminate the software bugs that annoy my app's users from time to time, Instabug allowed me to collect interesting bug reports about app crashes and mishaps, which I wasn't aware of, therefore I benefited from improving my app quality.

"Great for small teams"

What do you like best?

This tool allows my team to really focus on building a great customer experience for our mobile apps. It takes the time away from bug management and lets you focus on what matters.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing structure since we are a small team, every dollar counts but this tool is still worth every penny. This is one of our most expensive tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is much better than other in the market. It does exactly what you need, Many other tools give you features that you are likely never to use.

I really love the video record feature. No more having to connect to QuickTime to make a video to show a bug.

Instabug review by Christopher K.
Christopher K.

"Very useful, but some troubles with integration"

What do you like best?

Easy for beta tester to submit feedback. Shaking the device to start the process is super easy, and even fun, so it encourages users to use it.

What do you dislike?

Integrations kept breaking. Several times we would have to go back in and troubleshoot and reconnect Instabug to our third-party integrations - namely Jira, sometimes Zendesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful product, but make sure you have a regular contact at the company for support.

Generating large amounts of user feedback during our beta testing phase. We needed to ensure people understood how to use our new app, and also what features or sections were causing the most friction. It gave us insight into how people wanted to use our app, rather than how we imagined they would be using it.

Instabug review by Abd-ElMalek R.
Abd-ElMalek R.

"simple and easy"

What do you like best?

the bug reporting technique made is so easy for the user to give his feedback directly to the developers

What do you dislike?

it's not something that I dislike it's more lika an issue I faced while using RXJAVA along with the instabug SDK , I was able to fix it later with the help of instabug support team

Recommendations to others considering the product

just keep up the good work

it was the lack of feedback from the users , and the SDK made so much easier also we've been able to see things from the users perspective

Instabug review by Hana G.
Hana G.

"Easy and effortless way of providing and receiving feedback"

What do you like best?

The fact that just by shaking you can provide feedback helps users and testers provide information effortlessly. Also the ability to provide a screenshot or screen recordings and edit the image to highlight where is the issue.

What do you dislike?

Some times it's very slow and takes a few taps before I send the message. Feedback received via the Trello integration is not very user friendly.

Beta testing for our upcoming app and receiving feedback. We have been able to spot bugs and implement improvements.

Instabug review by User

"One of the best tools in this price range"

What do you like best?

I love how well this tool integrates with our other tools. They have also added new tools such as survey and in app chat. I can not use 1 tool and drop 2 others.

What do you dislike?

The support sometimes takes a bit longer to solve my issues but tuts usually pretty good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the tool a try and you will be sure to love it. They even have a trial that allows you to be on the silver plan which gives you access to most of their features.

This is mainly a bug tracking tool for my team but we have recently integrated the new in app chat tool and survey tool.

Instabug review by Ariana A.
Ariana A.

"Great reporting for bugs and crashes"

What do you like best?

Instabug is easy to use. The handy shake reminder on opening lets the user know how easy it is to make a report. Instabug feeds into our Jira board so we can easily add bug fixes directly into our sprint based on bug reports we've received. Outside of just bugs it has also become a convenient way for users to give us feedback on our apps. Often members of other teams will download an app and play with it. They then use Instabug to give feedback on bugs, UI, and UX.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Instabug doesn't always play nicely with our apps. There are occasional conflicts that we run into when building an app that has integrated Instabug. This has been less of an issue lately, but it has caused some problems in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and setup. Would definitely recommend having it in any app before launching.

Sometimes as developers and designers we get so married to the product that we have a hard time recognizing when there is a problem. Instabug allows us to easily get feedback from users and our QA team. Its integration on Jira has made our workflow and bug reporting process a breeze.

Instabug review by Dmitriy Z.
Dmitriy Z.

"Instabug platform"

What do you like best?

I like the convenience SDK offers to stay in touch with my users. It gathers all technical data I need to troubleshoot the issues. Good looking UI attracts more users to leave their feedback.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are releases with crashes, so I should carefully consider every upgrade for the SDK.

I solve the issues with crashes and technical issues with my software. It's very easy to reach out the developer and pass all the information I need without a user taking any additional steps.

Instabug review by Tizian A.
Tizian A.

"Really good experience."

What do you like best?

Screenshot feature is awsome, chat function is awsome. Beta/Live Switch is awsome.

What do you dislike?

Only one App with Beta/Live support in free tier. 2 Apps with minimum other features would be good for very small startups which built a cross platform app.

Second, the ability to only view native crash traces is bad sometimes. Would be cool to see some ReaceNative /JavaScript traces in the future.

I love you though <3

Hunting down stupid frontend bugs via Screenshot feature. Getting Feedback on stuff.

Instabug review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Best instant bug reporting tool"

What do you like best?

I like the instant time you can report or track any mobile app bugs, this site is a potential for the program developers. You can track and report in very fast time, the site graphic is easy and basic, the domain is high quality and the band is so much. No lag with the domain, best band.

What do you dislike?

I don't like so much the support, they take too many times to answer to some questions, Instabug need to improve that things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a program developer and you need to track or report some bugs this is the site that you can use, instantly you can report and track.

I can track and report the bugs instantly and easily in a few seconds, this is the best thing of this site.

Instabug review by Sumanth kumar S.
Sumanth kumar S.

"Instabug is the Most Easiest Bug Reporting appication"

What do you like best?

Its very user friendly and easy to use. I like conversation feature its make us more communicative. I like in app bug reporter, here i can capture the pic and i can draw anything that can be understand by others. Shake and draw feature is very nice. Integration with other tools is easy. Dashboard feature is also very useful i can see my information within that. cool tool for testers.

What do you dislike?

I dint faced any issues as per my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this tool to others who wants to make easy of theirs testing work. Bug tracking and reporting also.

I dint solved any business issues. But i found some solutions for my issues online. I able to resolve those by suggestions while integrating

Instabug review by TiOluwa O.
TiOluwa O.

"Instabug has been a great help in figuring out where the problem is"

What do you like best?

The user steps feature allows us to easily see the path the user took to generate the bug. Also, the API was easy to install. And, bugs are simple to view and see logs etc.

What do you dislike?

The bronze pricing is high. but i believe it is fair

It helps me to identify where the problems in my app are so that I can quickly fix them and deliver a better experience.

Instabug review by User

"This API will change the way you test an app"

What do you like best?

I love how they are constantly adding features and integrations to this project. We have Instabug integrated with Jira and this creates a flawless flow from our testing process to resolving a bug.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you have to upgrade to the mid-tier plan to get very useful features that should be available in the bronze plan.

With Instabug integrated to all of our app, it allows my team to test app much faster and with higher quality bug submission. It gives the dev team all the details they need to resolve an issue.

Instabug review by Administrator

"We rely on Instabug daily with our app and integration with our tracking tools is brilliant"

What do you like best?

Super simple to collect feedback on our mobile app and have it integrated with GitHub, Clubhouse and Trello for traiaging and acting on. Support has always been very responsive.

What do you dislike?

Wish we used it less and had less bugs. We also use it as a tool to get customer feedback by invoking via an app menu, but it always automatically attache a screenshot with the feedback menu, which is annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If something isn’t supported, just ask.

Triaging bugs as well as suggestions with the data going to the correct dev or UX buckets.

Instabug review by .

"Needs some perfectioning, but very good product"

What do you like best?

The feedback loop has become really short.

What do you dislike?

Integration was a little hard. Also the extra permissions required for the app gives a bad user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it when you need feedback.

We are in the pilot phase of a B2B app. It really saves so much time and gives confidence in our product.

Instabug review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Very convenient way to allow user and QA to track and report bugs."

What do you like best?

It is easy to report bugs once they have been reproduced in the app, also the integration with jira is very nice.

Instabug does a very good job with logs and user steps. it makes life easier for a developer.

What do you dislike?

Not much, sometimes it doesn't compile as smoothly as it can when working with swift and cocoapods. very minor thing tho.

Primarly QA, in development stage. but we also use it to detect problems (crashes mainly) in the live application.

We also allow the user to send feedback via instabug, but this is rarely used.

Instabug review by Lors K.
Lors K.

"Wonderful experience with an increase in bug fix turnover"

What do you like best?

Easily submitting bugs and accessing them.

What do you dislike?

I think there should be a way to increase the detail of the bug without leaving it up to the user to input.

It helps us easily debug an app in beta test phase.

Instabug review by Caron W.
Caron W.

"Awesome de-bugger!"

What do you like best?

Not having to interrupt users’ experience and force quit your app to talk to communicate with you by email, for example. I like the in-app error resolving capacity very much. I really like the shake/draw tools as it makes this process so much less daunting for users & developers alike.

What do you dislike?

It appears as though the app still does not support Xamarin. In an effort to get an ETA on this support a message was sent via social media tools(FB) and no response....would love to see an active social media that you could really utilize for Q & A.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software to try in developing new applications or improving on existing apps in beta testing. Very easy to learn & use...I will definitely use again over other options.

With beta testing of new applications we needed a real time, easy way to de-bug to keep the best version of a new app in rotation.

Instabug review by Adrien B.
Adrien B.

"Great tool for beta testing"

What do you like best?

The feedback tool is really helpful when organizing beta tests. All the informations needed are given and you can add more (custom) if you wants).

What do you dislike?

The crash reporting system is not so easy to use. The UI is difficult to understand and reports could be difficult to understand.

Feedback tool for internal beta test.

"Instabug review"

What do you like best?

Instabug is very easy to integrate into your Android app.

What do you dislike?

Upgrading sometimes bring in changes that break our build pipeline. For example some features somehow can't be disabled (network state monitoring), causing Android Instrumentation tests to fail. We had to have our own no-op version of instabug used for testing.

Issues discovered by our customers get to our development team really fast. Turnaround of an issue discovered in production to being fixed is really small.

Instabug review by Consultant

"Instabug makes feedback easy for non-technical users."

What do you like best?

Screenshots are automatically sent when users provide feedback.

What do you dislike?

More information (like device, etc.) provided when user chats with support. We haven't looked into it, but it would be nice to be able to turn off the chat option all together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instabug is helpful when trying to collect feedback from users who may not be very technically savvy.

Instabug allows users to provide feedback with all of the necessary information included. We don't need to ask for devices, build versions, etc. Those are provided when the user submits feedback through Instabug.

Instabug review by Dharma r.
Dharma r.

"Perfect tool for repoting bugs"

What do you like best?

By using this tool we can easily collaborate with team members, beta testers.

It provides detailed reports based on os, devices, etc.

Submission of bugs and feedback is easy.

Shake your phone to submit feature is good.

We can chat with users and team members.

We caneasily integrate this tool with Jira, Slack, Zendesk , etc.

We can see all information with in the Dashboard.

What do you dislike?

I never faced any problem with this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very good tool for mobile apps for generating instant bug reports.

We working on integration of this product with our mobile apps

Instabug review by Ana L.
Ana L.

"very helpful to pinpoint issues!"

What do you like best?

that all the information and screenshot is right there

What do you dislike?

nothing. It's great! I need more characters to submit.. and I''m good

Recommendations to others considering the product

make recording a video of bugs as easy as capturing screenshots

Users can easily report bugs, which helps us gather data more efficiently

Instabug review by User in Internet

"Intsabug is a great tool for reviewing app bugs"

What do you like best?

I love the various features that users have when submitting a bug. They can take screenshots, screen record, and voice record what the issue is that they're experiencing.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Instabug had more reporting options for data and stats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend plenty of time documenting a standard procedure so the team can be consistent in how they use the tool.

We resolve bugs in the Beta version of our app so that we can resolve issues before the release is submitted to the general population.

Instabug review by Mohamed A.
Mohamed A.

"magical , powerful and helpful SDK"

What do you like best?

the shake feature is very helpful to use for mobile phone normal users , all the have to do is just shake their phones to report any thing the want

What do you dislike?

the priceing for small startups some how big to pay monthly , i know the price for features we use is good but for startups may make some problems , i think you need to make some packes for them with more good offer

Bug Tracking is very useful to to preform our apps we work on

Instabug review by Chaitanya Kumar C.
Chaitanya Kumar C.

"Good Bug Reporting for Mobile Apps"

What do you like best?

Instabug SDK which very easy to ingrate

Shake-for-feedback feature is simple to use

Dashboard is excellent which showcase overall information, reports and clean UI. I really loved it.

Chat support

JIRA integration

Used by many companies which gives confidence to new adopters

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far but we should aware that it's in beat stage

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really consider this tool if you don't have issue with it's beta tag.

We are analyzing the bug reporting tools to integrate in our apps.

I found it's very value addition for our apps.

Instabug review by Renato Augusto T.
Renato Augusto T.

"best way to avoid bugs"

What do you like best?

The best of this product is the SDK, is super easy for integrate

What do you dislike?

until now, nothing. you can test for free, it helps a lot

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enjoy the service offers a free trial period, and test the integration with your application. This will ajduar you econimizar few bucks

My company develops applications for android and iOS, but it was almost impossible to perform debug these applications after sending to the client. With Instabug have concise reports on problems

Instabug review by Sanyaisirao M.
Sanyaisirao M.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

Trello integration. Audio, Video, Image attachements

What do you dislike?

Everything is fine with instabug, Nothing we dislike.

User feedback and Bug reporting

Minimising communications between feedback team and developers

Converting feedback to into trello tasks

Instabug review by Valleen N.
Valleen N.

"Love Instabug!"

What do you like best?

I can see backend logs and user feedback

What do you dislike?

There needs to be more states for status

User feedback and bugs, it is helping us see issues that we don't see when we are in the weeds

Instabug review by Joel Contreras M.
Joel Contreras M.

"great and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Being able to send reports by shaking my phone

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we cannot send bugs to jira other than that the app is great

report bug instantly and linked them to jira

Instabug review by SrinivasaRao J.
SrinivasaRao J.

"A good bug tracking tool"

What do you like best?

Automation of workflow by creating rules to assign issues, auto reply to issues, forward issues to github,jira etc.

Third party integration with Github, bitbucket, slack, zen desk which we use extensively and many more.

Beta and live data separation

Easier SDK integration

Activity feed

Good Dashboard

Chatting

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any complaints in my short experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very good tool and you should really consider it.

I am evaluating this tool to adopt into my mobile app.

Instabug review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Great tool for bug reporting within the app but can improve crash reports"

What do you like best?

- Bug reporting feature / Chat feature

- Ability to record screen with audio, include screenshots and draw over them.

- Ability to see layout layers

What do you dislike?

- It would be a great help if the crash reports also include the video of user activity in app few (maybe 30? or configurable) seconds before the crash. This will help debug better

Better, easier and direct reporting of bugs from end users or beta users.

Instabug review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Instabug makes my life so much easier."

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to setup and use and the amount of types and make filtering a breeze along with searching as well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't send logs and leaves the console blank. I imagine it's just a bug but otherwise I really enjoy all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try it and I guarantee you'll be hooked.

Solves tons of bugs and makes the app that much better.

Instabug review by Ishaan G.
Ishaan G.

"SDK is too bulky"

What do you like best?

The complete feature set for managing user in-app feedback

What do you dislike?

The SDK is too big; adding instabug adds 3mb to the APK size for our 6mb app, this is too much. Also the SDK adds more than 10,000 methods to the app, this is a dealbreaker. Can be solved by splitting the SDK based on features required.

in-app feedback

"Instabug Incredible"

What do you like best?

The crash reports are great. The bug comments allow us to reach out to customers and resolve issues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's hard to convince management to purchase additional levels so it would be nice to have a few more features available in lower tiers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent for crash reporting and feedback gathering.

We are resolving crashes. We are resolving customer issues which makes are brand better.

"Instabug"

What do you like best?

La simplicité d'utilisation pour nous et nos clients, Instabug c''est très vite imposé comme l'outil idéal pour faciliter le lien entre nos équipes techniques et nos clients. Depuis l'installation d'Instabug il y a un peu plus d'un an notre application mobile progresse de jour en jour, on vous laisse tester par vous même :)

What do you dislike?

L'interface graphique relativement pauvre

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must try

Dialogue simplifié et plus rapide avec nos clients

Instabug review by Alex G.
Alex G.

"Easy and useful"

What do you like best?

I like the ticket manager, where you can understand progress at a glance.

What do you dislike?

The UI in general is a bit chaotic and should be simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attention to the integration system.

I managed a large review flow with ease with the Frontend developers, thanks to the screenshots it was possible to manage and solve everything.

Instabug review by Fang-Pen L.
Fang-Pen L.

"Mobile Software Engineer"

What do you like best?

Easy way for our user to report bug or feedback.

Different tool support, like React Native

It's nice that we can attach log file along with the bug report, so that we know what's going on there.

What do you dislike?

The SDK sometimes is unstable, having bug.

Provide an easy way for our user to report bug or feedbacks, collect log from the app.

"Great service"

What do you like best?

Instabug makes bug remediation a breeze with their quick in depth bug reports, and the ability to chat directly with the reporter. The survey tool is extremely easy to set up and shows the results in a easy to digest fashion.

What do you dislike?

They only have 3 survey question type and you cannot customize the NPS survey. Would receive a 10/10 if they fix this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask them to implement a better NPS system

In app surveys and bug reports are much easier to remediate an analyze.

Instabug review by Administrator

"Great bug logging in the wild"

What do you like best?

The wealth of information captured by instabug (logs and views are super helpful) about each crash

What do you dislike?

For React Native, it would be much more helpful if the React navigation stack were also included in the bug report.

Fixing errors and crashes that our users experience quickly.

Instabug review by Administrator

"Best testing and feedback SDK from beta users"

What do you like best?

As engineer ease of integration and as UI/UX tester, features that come along with the SDK. Shake and Solve :)

What do you dislike?

Instabug dashboard is not very self explanatory and it also does not allow to create issues directly from the dashboard.

in app feedback for certain users and admins and also testing app while in development.

Instabug review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Instabug is easy-to-use software that is perfect for startups who need feedback from their apps."

What do you like best?

I personally like the ability to report bugs in the app. The startup I was at previously relied on it heavily to gather feedback from our users.

What do you dislike?

I thought that the sdk was slightly tricky to set up. There were limited options for customization within the UI for bug reporting.

We have been able to debug critical issues in our applications with the crash reporting instabug offered. And, more importantly, we were able to pivot our business direction based on the feedback from the users using our apps.

Instabug review by Weiran Y.
Weiran Y.

"The best user in-app feedback tool"

What do you like best?

Very reliable. So far no hiccup at all.

What do you dislike?

No that I can think of. Maybe the 'smart shape' feature (updating my finger drawing into a normalized shape) is a little bit annoying to me. But it may work for some other people. :)

We use it to get real user feedback and quick QA feedback.

Instabug review by Dima R.
Dima R.

"Very useful product"

What do you like best?

Notifications and bugs sorting are the best

What do you dislike?

Interface is overcomplicated a bit for me

Bugs management

Instabug review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Useful information provided neatly."

What do you like best?

Instabug provides the most useful information for troubleshooting a crash. by shaking the device, Instabug takes a screenshot that can be annotated by a user. That screenshot gets submitted along with other diagnostic information

What do you dislike?

its crash logs could use some work, need more accuracy in the logs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instabug provides metadata that helps support debugging, including the specific steps other users have taken in the app.

When the screenshot gets submitted along with other diagnostic information, it is automatically attached to the feedback

Instabug review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Works very well for what we need"

What do you like best?

Instabug is a great way for us to gather user feedback as we developed our app.

What do you dislike?

There is not a simple way to select and categorize feedback types in the instabug interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

HIghly recommended. Use it as soon as you want feedback from real users.

We developed a new app and instabug allowed us to gather feedback during our beta tests as well as after we launched the app. Instabug made it really easy for users to leave feedback and the screenshot feature was super useful.

Instabug review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Automotive
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Automotive

"Product Test"

What do you like best?

Instabug is an easy to use platform for conversations and bug reporting for mobile apps. Instabug offers an abundance of powerful tools for beta testing and reporting. Additionally, I like that its simple! All I had to do was integrate one line of code to my project.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that Instabug has a lot to offer many developers. I definitely recommend giving Instabug a try.

The business problem I am looking to solve is reporting on apps.

Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Very easy way to collect important information direct from users"

What do you like best?

Just like it's name getting the instant feedback is crucial to any product which gives opportunity to improve the product and listen to the user's suggestions for future projects.

What do you dislike?

Limited use in Beta version. I know everything cannot be free.

Quick feedback

Suggestions for future projects

Instabug review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Instabug is a world class product!"

What do you like best?

A bunch of useful features that help us as product managers & developers.

They give attentive ears to their users and act upon the feedback so seriously and diligently.

Their Customer Happiness team is impressive!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a more appealing user interface, and I knew they are currently working on revamping that too.

Having a list of the reported bugs and crashes

Being able to communicate with users who reported that

Being a able to make survey to ask my users specific questions

Instabug review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Decent in-app feedback tool"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to provide in-app feedback. It's also pretty straightforward.

What do you dislike?

At times the interface can be a bit too complex with lots of options.

It provides an easy context for communication with our programming firm and the business executive team.

Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Instabug, Good Tootl to review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Instabug is its real-time bug reporting

What do you dislike?

Nothing, is a good tool for test your apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have tested my applications and I have achieved a better product, more complete and with greater satisfaction for the end user.

Instabug review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"InstaBug The Antibiotic for Bug & Crash Reporting"

What do you like best?

Bug reporting is made easy, and the ability to to take screenshots for the reported app bugs.

What do you dislike?

The video feature is not stable when trying to report a bug.

Using InstaBug for our mobile app related to the staffing industry.

Instabug review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great service to have!"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of great features to use in this service and it will also really help you with product development in the early stages of a company

What do you dislike?

Some of the UI is a little bit counter-intuitive, so it could help to do research there. Also, a lot of what Instabug provides for paid customers is free by its competitors.

Customer feedback in the early stages of an app is extremely important to an app's success.

"wonderful experiance"

What do you like best?

The instant way of adding the issues just taking a screenshot.

What do you dislike?

nothing much, we should like many other features to include.

we are using the instabug in our, and this helps in solving many issues.

Instabug review by Haavard G.
Haavard G.

"Good working product"

What do you like best?

Quick customer support. Interaction with my customers.

What do you dislike?

Can be hard to separate the bugs from the Chat, but you get used to it.

Interaction with real customers, surprised that it ment so much to them to get online help

Instabug review by Reinald F.
Reinald F.

"Great development feedback tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of reporting bugs and suggesting new features right inside the app

What do you dislike?

Drawing tool could do be more user friendly.

We needed a dev tool to report bugs. Instabug helps us do that very easily and efficiently.

"Useful"

What do you like best?

Viewing the stack trace for crashes is really useful.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints that I can think of.

It helps our development team stay on top of bugs and issues.

"IOS using"

What do you like best?

There is a very good tool/lib for iOS apps

What do you dislike?

The web interface is disgousting, small number of states, not a good point for

Managing issues

Finding bugs and issues live during use of developed apps

Instabug review by Mohamed N.
Mohamed N.

"It"

What do you like best?

I like the dashboard and searching and their constant cool updates

What do you dislike?

I do not like the effects after filtering bugs.

Collecting feedback and debugging issues.

Instabug review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Not a bad tool"

What do you like best?

Easy for users to enter bugs, automatically captures crashes

What do you dislike?

call stack doesn't always have line numbers

It's good for fixing bugs and crashes ( when the call stack has all the information )

Agency in Internet

"Perfect for bug report and client communication"

What do you like best?

I love the easy interface for bug report, the logs and crashs logs available for the devs. The web user interface is simple and the dev kit is easy to install

What do you dislike?

Maybe sometimes the speed to refresh or filter log but not a big deal

Getting bugs reports in Beta and Prod version for our apps. It s a gain in time and effort to get everything centralized

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

The possibility of end customers to give easy feedback by shaking the app and the automatic crash report.

What do you dislike?

That I cannot change the language of the feedback form.

Hotel app.

Agency in Internet

"Ok for mobile, bad for web"

What do you like best?

The idea of bug reporting with the screenshot and the integration with github

What do you dislike?

The support team is slow to respond sometimes, their dashboard is full of bugs

QA

Instabug review by Malik M.
Malik M.

"very usseful"

What do you like best?

the ability to let user to contact us within some problem

What do you dislike?

the usage of memory and processor is really heavy

some bugs and some problems on our app

Instabug review by Consultant in Automotive
Consultant in Automotive

"Good adapted product"

What do you like best?

Really good application for bug reporting, need a more and more big enough community now !

What do you dislike?

Need a bigger community, in the way to have a bigger impact when we saw a bug and to report it

Quite good for daily application who's going wrong

Instabug review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Interactive Tool For Beta Testing"

What do you like best?

Hassle free shake and report feature is the easy for beta testers. Interactive UI with recording messages is the good for developers.

What do you dislike?

Its required but if you forgot to add Microphone request in Info.plist, app build failed to submit on iTunes store. The crash reporting system is little messed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use!

Beta app reviews for our map app.

Instabug review by Marwan T.
Marwan T.

"Tested for a product we are building"

What do you like best?

easy to use, a lot of options and features. integration with backend internal systems like JIRA

What do you dislike?

still Beta and no clear roadmap. limited flexibility on reports customisation

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instabug is a strong product that solves a continuous business problems with apps around bugs and analytics

reporting on apps and devops problems

"Very satisfied"

What do you like best?

The possibility to see what the user was doing and the screen on which he reported the bug.

The support of React-Native.

What do you dislike?

The lack of support for IFTTT. The email could look better.

We're using Instabug for the QA period of our app, which we distributed to trusted friends and family.

"Easy to use UI"

What do you like best?

UX is simple and easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

email-support .

support for our ios app

Instabug review by User

"A useful tool for me and my customers "

What do you like best?

It´s really easy to send information about bugs and report new issues

What do you dislike?

Maybe its pricing is a bit costly, prices based on amount of users maybe is not the most suitable for us

All of our customers send crashes information and also report issues with the "shake" feature

Instabug review by Administrator

"Instabug is a nice way to collect bugs in a centralized place"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's really easy for non-techy people to report bugs

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to record sessions in video

It's hard to report bugs and have them go to a single, centralized tool where they can be curated. Instabug makes this easy.

Instabug review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tools for app development"

What do you like best?

Simple to report bugs and feedback for everyone.

What do you dislike?

Everything is great just a bit expensive

Instabug solves previous our mess way to collect, manage and monitor issues. We love the code hierarchy tracking of each issue which fastens our developer to understand and solve issues.

Instabug review by Consultant

"Great tool full integrated with our solution"

What do you like best?

We were able to integrate Instabug with our systems for software QA for webapps. We use it for bug tracking and mobile crash reporting.

What do you dislike?

We would like to see more API options as current available.

We are using instabug fof bugtracking and mobile crash reporting.

Instabug review by Administrator

"Very easy to manage, integrate and use."

What do you like best?

Integration with iOS / Android mobile app.s

What do you dislike?

For me, as the IT manager of a small company, the price is a bit expensive.

Instant feedback from active users, get errors in real-time with detailed information about it.

Agency in Internet

"Good but a little buggy"

What do you like best?

It is super easy to report bugs as a non-technical user and include helpful info for troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

It's got some bugs still with the website version.

End user bug reporting / troubleshooting

Instabug review by User

"Instabug - Great service for getting feedback from users"

What do you like best?

The ability to message users back and get to the bottom of their issues.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the app defaults me to the beta version of my application.

Bug reports, wide-spread crashes.

Instabug review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Good, but expensive"

What do you like best?

The core features. The ability to report an error before crashing.

What do you dislike?

The cost. The subscription price is too expensive for smaller businesses like ours.

Crash reports are really nice.

Instabug review by User in Internet

"Easy way for users to report bugs and submit feedback"

What do you like best?

The shake report is a great feature that easily allows customers to submit issues.

What do you dislike?

I have not used this product enough to have any dislikes.

Product improvement and feedback

Instabug review by Administrator

"Easy to use and easy over-views"

What do you like best?

Email notifications of new bugs was easy to keep track of bugs

What do you dislike?

The side-bar list could be a bit easier to find bugs

App testing

Instabug review by User in Higher Education

"Quick and easy ways of communicating issues"

What do you like best?

Very effective way of users communicating issues without any lag time

What do you dislike?

integration was a bit difficult at first but we worked through it

We were working on fixing issues as effectively as possible

Learn more about Instabug

Instabug Videos

Learning about Instabug?

* We monitor all Instabug reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.