Instabug

Instant bug reporting for mobile apps.

Work for Instabug?

Learning about Instabug?

Instabug Reviews

Showing 82 Instabug reviews
Instabug review by <span>Dorice F.</span>
Dorice F.

Better to know where are bugs come from!

What do you like best?

Good power at my working place. Great and clear experience for my team and our clients. I like to work with feedback. And it's very good to work on them. I like it very much.

What do you dislike?

I like that working with a chance to know everything. Good controlling system. Great way to receive our feedback. I like how support service helps us. No bad issues at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software. Keeps your work at a good level. A good solution to make a recording of bugs. Very easy to work on all history of your users. You will work on more important steps and will make increase them.

We are glad that we have the ability to work with this software. We can easily find a way to solve bugs. That program works faster and better with it. We like to work with clients and receive their feedback. When we have them we are working much better.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Instabug
Instabug review by <span>Elisandro B.</span>
Elisandro B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Indispensable mobile app diagnostics in-app bug reporting and customer/support chatting.

What do you like best?

As both QA and Technical support, I love the fact that Instabug effortlessly empowers the user to provide me with an annotatable screenshot, a note, a stack trace and device profile. Eliminating a frustrating back and forth to retrieve key configuration data. We can quickly assess whether the configuration and scenario reflect known issues or begin to identify specific configurations to which that particular problem applies.

What do you dislike?

The in-app chat capability is a very compelling feature. It is definitely a feature our users use and we appreciate having that channel of communication. The problem that arises then is that there no clear method by which to route customer service calls to a customer service application and maintain that thread within that flow, instead of having the technical service and QA teams monitoring and manually routing those. Even if you can forward the request, it is not clear if there is a way to keep that channel open to the customer, without keeping it in the same queue technical support and QA monitor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement it early on, so that you can use the information you acquire to guide your development and to help customers communicate issues and identify inconsistencies between actual and expected functionality.

Device configuration, stack trace, crash data, screenshot and customer feedback acquisition. Reduces troubleshooting time by reducing communication issues in acquiring this information from users unfamiliar with the domain, getting more relevant data to that specific moment in which the issue occurs, providing a greater scope of configuration data without exhausting the user's patience and helps establish patterns more quickly with range of variables provided.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

Instabug review by <span>Lee W.</span>
Lee W.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Fast, efficient, and simple to integrate

What do you like best?

The ability to keep it simple is the most important element of how I like to operate. Thats key when testing out a new product right? MVP...Instabug made it simple for me to get what I needed up and running. If you look at many other vendors out there, they want to have verbal conversations and try to sell you on their solutions. Instabug was a DIY solution. Although I like talking with people, as an developer, we are often in trial mode, and do not have time to engage with others all the time. Kudos to the team there in making it self sufficient.

What do you dislike?

Time difference for them to respond to inquiries. They are in Cairo, and don't always respond as fast as I would have liked. However, the answers I wanted were on their website, so I could've looked there more thoroughly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want simplicity and speed, this is the right solution to start. Since We are within 1 year of using it, I cant say if it will be a long term solution, but so far, it looks like we will be sticking with it. It does what it is supposed to for us.

I have 3 apps now using Instabug for my bug tracking with my customers.

Instabug review by <span>Saswat P.</span>
Saswat P.

Significantly simplifies our Testing & Debugging process

What do you like best?

Integration works right out of the box on native iOS & Android. Our biggest use case is to speed up internal testing and debugging. Instabug provided us with full network logs (goodbye charles!), full console logs, device details and screenshots w/ annotations. This has sped up our process quite a bit. Also, support has always been super prompt (< 2 hours) and helpful even on weekends.

What do you dislike?

We're using Instabug for Unity3D. Unfortunately they don't provide support out of the box for Unity. So we had to spend quite a bit of time implementing our own native plugins - which aren't perfect yet. That means we don't get to use User Steps, Crash logs and several other important Instabug Features.

Speeding up internal QA & debugging. Network and device logs that we get with Instabug mean that anyone - not just the QA or dev team - can submit details bug reports. Super helpful during bug bashes and when sharing builds with Clients.

Instabug review by <span>Ioannis K.</span>
Ioannis K.

Amazing support, great service

What do you like best?

I like their humane support, the speed at which they act when a bug is found, and the way they pay attention to each ticket individually.

There were times that we really needed a couple of issues resolved. They were there for us. It feels more like a business partner instead of a service.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment.

I'd really love it if I could also track javascript errors and stack traces on both iOS and Android (which I know they're working on).

It's an amazing tool, and they are putting a lot of effort in making it better. Of course it takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it.

We're tracking incoming bugs from our mobile app. We really use Instabug heavily to transfer tickets to HelpScout, and Slack so that 1) our support can respond fast, 2) our devs can resolve the techie ones.

Instabug review by <span>Farhan Y.</span>
Farhan Y.

All in one Place

What do you like best?

Options are right there where you need them. Didn't ever need to be searching for something.

What do you dislike?

I can't filter the bugs using just the bug number. For eg: if the bug number was 150, i have to type #150 in filter view which i felt was unnecessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a great bug tracking tool and gives you a good idea on the problems faced by users. Probably not the best in terms of analyzing crashes, but can get you an idea of how often your app crashes.

Creating an iOS app to help people ask questions and get it answered through broadcasting video. Users are able to shake and let us know instantly regarding an issue they are facing. This lets us know all the logs at the time the bug was encountered.

Learn more about Instabug

Instabug Videos

Learning about Instabug?

* We monitor all Instabug reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.