Intercom

Intercom allows you to communicate personally with every single customer.

Work for Intercom?

Learning about Intercom?

Intercom Reviews

Ask Intercom a Question
Showing 653 Intercom reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Intercom
Intercom review by Leanna W.
Leanna W.

"Never forget about your customers"

What do you like best?

This service has many advantages, namely:

- our customers became more loyal to us, as we began to respond quickly to their questions;

- a single listing of conversations with our customers (earlier part was in an e-mail, part of messengers, and part of the phone);

- easy integration with our application;

- new integration with GitHut, we were pleased with this news.

What do you dislike?

Crowded user interface. It began to work slower and not as stable as before. It is difficult to monitor all notifications. I would not refuse more detailed reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not forget about your clients, they are the basis of your business. We need to respond promptly and solve problems as quickly as possible. Intercom can easily help with it.

We use Intercom mainly for support work. We receive and process tons of feedback from our customers. We also use it to notify our customers about new versions of our product.

What Live Chat solution do you use?

Intercom review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Beats all the Competition"

What do you like best?

It's modern, easy to set-up, data loving, and always moving forward. Intercom has a plan for who they want to be and it shows in the software they build. I've used Olark, Zendesk, and Groove and Intercom does it best. When my customers go out of their way to mention how much like they like the chat tool you know that Intercom is doing something right.

Their data filtering is great once you start collecting that information. We've had so few issues(other then a pretty bad spam filter issue on Intercom's end) compared to the ongoing issues with Zendesk that we faced.

I appreciate the thought leadership role intercom has taken in doing customer support a certain way. They regularly release guides on doing customer support in an awesome way.

What do you dislike?

It feels like they are adding more and more support for CRM features and I would prefer more marketing features.

They are a long way from a CRM replacement so I wish they would integrate better with companies like Hubspot.(they have an integration, but it's... ugly).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's where you want to be.

We can group our customers emails and chats with an interface they have easy access to by logging in. We have a shared inbox where we can all jump on responding to.

We've recently starting posting via API data about our customers to Intercom so that we can start sending targeted messages to our customers.

Intercom review by Bridget C.
Bridget C.

"Personal Support at Scale with Intercom"

What do you like best?

Intercom's messaging and tools and chat support are a game changer for our small company. We love having the ability to provide fast real-time support for our customers, and the additional tools and apps that Intercom provides only amplify that. The Help Center integration that connects directly with our support messenger makes it easy for our customers to find what they need quickly and has cut down on our less effective conversations because they are solved through articles. Overall Intercom is an intuitive product that makes it easy to connect with our customers when they need us.

What do you dislike?

As a heavy user of the Help Center tools, it feels like this portion of the product is still incomplete and can't be used to the fullest potential that our team needs to. We've had to use an external database to manage our articles because Intercom currently does not have any tools for us to do this in app. It seems that with the shift towards marketing and sales related products, those customers using the product primarily for support suffer.

With Intercom we are able to provide excellent support that many of our competitors cannot compete with. Having the ability to quickly understand who a user is and how we can best help them allows us as a team to take our support to the next level. Without Intercom we would not be where we are today!

Intercom review by Jamie N.
Jamie N.

"Scalable, user friendly, constantly improving"

What do you like best?

Intercom is user friendly and just a joy to use. One of the best parts about Intercom is it keeps all of our customer communication and contact under one roof. We handle customer support, marketing campaigns, and our knowledge base all within Intercom. With Intercom, we've scaled our customer base from 1,000 to 20,000.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are lags and there are semi frequent bugs. For example, they had a deliverability issue a few months back and our email open rates went from over 60% to under 10%. That was a rough couple weeks, but Intercom credited us back and was ultimately helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Intercom is better for B2C companies than B2B companies. B2B companies may benefit from more of a ticketing system like Zendesk.

We're a startup, so we've used Intercom to scale our customer operations and focus on customer retention. We've realized that Intercom is SO much more than a live chat software. We use it for everything and anything that touches customer communication.

Intercom review by Eugenio S.
Eugenio S.

"Great opportunity to work effectively. "

What do you like best?

I can promote leads and users to take effect with targeted email, and in-app information triggered by time. I like that this program can connect with another tool like Salesforce, Segment, and much more.

What do you dislike?

We are working every single day and til now we don't have bad issues to use it. We do not complain about that platform at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform has all working tools which we need. I recommend it to you and I guess you will like it a lot. You will have an automatic system which will help you to make marketing system work better. In your hand will be a great key with which you can easy to increase your sales.

We have a better opportunity to work together in one place, powered by real customers date. We can see the productivity of messages and test edition to develop results. Very understandable process.

Intercom review by Paulo T.
Paulo T.

"The backbone of an end-to-end customer experience"

What do you like best?

The product is reliable, time-tested, and in frequent iteration towards newer features that allow us to innovate further in terms of how to deliver a great customer experience. The team is great - everyone from the company is eager to discuss our challenges, come up with ways to integrate our feedback into the roadmap or come up with ways to make our needs come true.

What do you dislike?

Truth be told, the new pricing model is a steep price bump from the previous level, and makes it significantly more expensive than competitor products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what you want to achieve with it, and do your research. There's a lot of other competing products these days, but as far as feature completeness and roadmap, Intercom comes up in the Top-2 list for me.

Being able to design and iterate on an online end-to-end customer journey without requiring IT effort to customize it and make it more personal.

Intercom review by Jan-Jaap v.
Jan-Jaap v.

"Large amount of possibilities"

What do you like best?

Since using Intercom we've gotten a much better grip on our user interactions. From being able to see a wide variety of user details, to being able to target users way more specifically, this has really helped us to get on top of our support interactions. A nice added benefit is that we get a lot more data about our Customer Service process through the reports functionality. This has helped us to guide our Customer Service department in the right direction.

What do you dislike?

Since we've got quite a specific usecase for Intercom and our business, some of the features don't really work for us yet. It also causes the pricing to dramatically increase from time to time. However, the help we get with this from Intercom is very much appreciated and helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Keeping better track of users

- Guiding our support department

- Being able to target specific groups of users

- Creating a helpcenter

Intercom review by Anuj S.
Anuj S.

"Beautiful and professional software to increase your conversions!"

What do you like best?

Initialy when we started with our marketing campaigns, we observed that our website visitor’s bounce rates were very high. After using intercom we started doing live interactions with our visitors and we found that they had a lot of questions before they wanted to make the purchase. So the live chat gave us this opportunity to interact with our prospective customers. Also, as we all know that these days, customers need information faster and precise, we saw that intercom provided a strong solution through which we could save long answers to a lot of frequently asked questions and this made our conversation with customer fast.

This apart, I would like to say that intercom’s chat’s UI and visual design is premium and of high standards. This matches very well with our website and makes us look richer and of high quality to our customers.

What do you dislike?

The chat bot should be allowed also for website visitors and not only for signed in users. We get lot of queries from new visitors and at times when we are not available to answer them. It would be great if chat bots/ auto chats can be introduced for new visitors who have not signed up.

Also, when a visitor drops a message on our website, we get notified almost after a minute on our intercom IOS and android apps. Because of this we sometimes lose a lead. It would be great if we get notified immediately like how we get notified when we our using web browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I highly recommend Intercom to all startups and businesses. They made a huge impact on our business. It is very technologically advanced software and they are introducing new features every now and then which is in line with new requirements of the business.

Our main issue was there was a high bounce rate and after introducing Intercom, our visitors bounce rates reduced and our conversions increased since intercom allowed us to do live chats with prospective customers.

Intercom review by David H.
David H.

"Fantastic software to interface with leads and current customers"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use, from the interface, to the collaboration within the app, to even setting up automated messages. It is not complex and they are continuing to make improvements to things that would seem to be complex - like integrations.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is not a case management system. I have heard of some work arounds, but it would be great to have a way to track longstanding issues. We use other another platform to track our support tickets (anything that is not resolved in 24hrs). We have a lot of chats coming in, so it is important not lose some of the issues that are a longer term fix. I have heard of others using tagging, but I don't know if that would work for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider your volume of customers as it can be very expensive with a large number of users logged. Consider if you need to have all of them there. It can act as a CRM as well. I would also consider what information or questions you want to get out of the app. I would start really simple first. For example, we have so many tags that it is overwhelming.

All of our customer support and some lead generation is through intercom. It sits on our website and in our mobile applications. It makes it easy to get inbound queries and reach out to customers.

Intercom review by Jessica J.
Jessica J.

"Great customer chat interface & email drip-campaigns for on-boarding and lead nurturing"

What do you like best?

I really like the email campaigns for nurturing leads and on-boarding customers. They are really easy to set-up, edit, test and monitor results. Creating custom tags and using Intercoms own tags, are fantastic and mean that you can be super targeted with your messaging.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to add custom variables and sections into my emails (for personalised copy) so that I don't have to replicate campaigns for different user types. I'm sure I'm not the most advanced user, but I have about 5 versions of each email depending on customer type - so it can be a bit challenging to manage versioning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a go - you'll be convinced!

Chat: giving prospects and customers the ability to contact us instantly to find out about our product and problem-solve if they have technical issues.

Email campaigns: staying in touch with our leads and customers regularly to ensure they feel empowered to use our service knowing that were always there if they need help.

This has increased our conversion rates and the value of our customers. Intercom pays for itself in dividends :)

Intercom review by Kirsten M.
Kirsten M.

"Easy chat, love the options of pushing messages to customers as well. "

What do you like best?

The option of pushing messages to customers - helps us stay connected with them and inform them of updates, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when we create a campaign the messages do not show up to users, and we don't know why and can't fix it.

I also don't like that as a user, I have to work to make the notification number disappear. If I got a message a month ago and I hit "x" it still shows a notification little red circle on the chat icon.

Also our sales guy cannot get notifications. He downloaded the app, he's worked with their support, and no matter what he's done and tried, after hours and hours, he does not get notifications and Intercom can't figure it out. So if I get a notification of a question that should go to him, I have to call him to let him know to login to intercom and go find the conversation.

Chat - hearing from customers what they need in real time. We have gotten WAY more feedback than ever before - despite a feedback button we used to have where the chat icon is now, which is really helping us to understand where our users are getting confused and how we can improve our UI and product offering. That is HUGE.

It's also solving the issue of communicating proactively with our customers while they're on our platform, directly abut their experience. I love that intercom knows if a customer has seen or done something before or not, and I can then push helpful informaiton to them to increase user adoption. We haven't used this feature nearly as much as we want to, though, and that is b/c it's a bit technically confusing to me and requires more time to figure out than I have available.

Intercom review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"Using Intercom.io in marketing and supporting SaaS users."

What do you like best?

The instant communication we have with our users has been one of the best features. We are notified instantly when users find bugs. We get lots of great feedback, suggestions and feature requests. We are starting to build out the Articles area with tutorials and other user support information.

What do you dislike?

I think the Articles section of the app needs to be more flexible in terms organizing the items and having more flexibility as to layout. As we grow we aren't sure it's really going to be the best user support portal. For helping users get quick answers to common questions, it's great, but as a learning portal, I'm not sure it's robust enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve associated with all of the various features. Best to split them up among your team and let others do setup and then educate the rest of the team on usage. Trying to do all of them yourself can be frustrating.

Getting notified of bugs instantly is critical. Also, users help us understand how we can design a better user experience. They often ask questions about features that we think are clear but we see how our design can create confusion. Users will more readily use an instant chat rather than sending an email to a support address. If we can respond quickly we dramatically reduce frustration and fall off.

Intercom review by Fernando P.
Fernando P.

"Complete tool for customer service and customer success teams to communicate and segment customers"

What do you like best?

It is very easy for customer service agents to quickly answer your customers in real time

What do you dislike?

It lacks some tools to better segment our customers, for example: using both "and" and "or" conditions in the same segment. Also choose the order of attributes would be great so the agents could quickly visualize useful information without scrolling or clicking to open more data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best system to engage with your customers with you don't need to create support tickets protocol number. You can easily implement it in your system and your employees will learn how to use it very quickly. It works both for your help desk (customer service) and your customer success managers to engage, segment and communicate with your customers. It is a really reliable and well built solution that are always releasing new features and evolving.

Help desk with customers and leads. General communications with customer. It is very easy to use, new employees could quickly learn and start working without so much training.

Intercom review by Jeff P.
Jeff P.

"Simply the Best!"

What do you like best?

I came across Intercom after a sour experience with Zendesk. Here is what I like about Intercom: 1) Easy to use, 2) user experience is a 10, 3) support is excellent (which Zendesk was until the sale was complete), and 4) it helps as a marketer to drive sales. I have referred several clients to Intercom. There have been no complaints. My team finds it easy to install and teach our clients on how to use it effectively.

What do you dislike?

There are no major dislikes. I do have one wish though and that is when entering contact information for a lead, I wish you didn't have to enter +1 for phone number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply the best live chat and support platform on the market. I have tried them all. Intercom is easy, scalable, and helps sales and marketing. The user experience is stellar! I highly recommend Intercom.

Helping our clients align lead process to sales and marketing.

Intercom review by Blake P.
Blake P.

"Intercom has been a life saver for us"

What do you like best?

Intercom has everything you need without being over-cluttered and complicated. They have done a remarkable job with the layout and grouping together the different apps so its simple to use on a day to day basis. The reporting on Engage and Respond are super helpful for our business. Utilizing engage allowed us to save tons of money on developing in-app tutorials. Respond and the Help Center are the backbone of our customer service.

What do you dislike?

We originally had some difficulty when setting up the attributes to properly track user engagement but once we got the hang of it, it has been super helpful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get setup early into your business venture

Customer support, customer successs, documented help resources, customer onboarding, in-app tutorials. It has made the process so much easier for us to stay on top of day to day customer support and the reporting has been very helpful for our team to understand what is working and what isn't.

Intercom review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Intercom is the next great chat bot - get new business & talk to customers"

What do you like best?

The product is always improving. It's smooth, modern, and fits a sleek aesthetic. There are lots of ways to customize it (perhaps too many!). The chatbot helps you build trust with customers and can be integrated with dozens of outside apps. It's the chat of the future. Customers also love typing on this chat. Oh, the alert sounds are nice. Clean, modern, fast, and better than competitors.

Intercom is worth the money. We made our money back in two months.

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive for new companues, even with the full-package start-up offer. It doesn't feature a live chat - thats the one thing that, I believe, would truly complete this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For non-tech people, find a developer who can install Intercom on your website for you. Other than that, it's pretty easy to use. What I love about this company is that they are clearly iterating. Their hunger to improve and grow is demonstrated through their podcast and ebooks.

If you're looking to build trust with the customer, Intercom is for you.

We're talking to website visitors who message us first and answering their questions while plugging our products as obvious solutions. The clean interface, nice sounds, and smooth transitions of the chatbot create a welcoming environment for the customer. We've realized the customers like talking to our Intercom operator because our auto message and user interface are easy to approach.

Intercom review by Christine W.
Christine W.

"Dynamic software that helps with all things Client Success"

What do you like best?

We love the easy conversation management, and how it is all integrated with the articles and auto-messaging. They also do a great job continually releasing new features to make things easier. Just recently they released an option for you to design your chat area. Meaning you can have a variety of links and sections that people can view when clicking your chat icon, with an option to start a conversation right at the top. This has allowed me to put links to my calendar for people to schedule calls, or help center so people can find their own answers.

What do you dislike?

Would really like the ability to customize the help center. Would be great to choose layouts or just offer more customization within the articles.

Would also like the ability to push messages to people based on the browser they are using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really do get the most value when you have all features activated. If you wont be using something like help center or even the leads aspect, make sure your other systems will connect. Having the data able to communicate is a pretty big selling point (to me) when thinking about the price.

Really intercom is all of our client-facing communication. We do sales through hubspot, but when they are in and using the system, intercom allows us to push real time communication.

I think the true benefits come in with clients feeling like they are in control. They have the power to look up questions, schedule calls, and chat all right in intercom.

Intercom review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Unbeatable Marketing Application"

What do you like best?

Intercom is amazing, one of my most prized featured is the operator, the operator is one of the most sophisticated artifical intelligences I've ever had on my site, not only does it message you when you open the site which brings sales and engages new visitors, it has automatic replies based on a knowledge base you put together to ensure all customers get what their looking for.

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Intercom is it's price for small businesses, it's a far investment for a LiveChat application.

One of the main problems I solved was engagement, at the beginning we had serious trouble getting sales, about 2-3 a week, but when we installed intercom within a day we had 2-3 sales a day. Intercom is highly beneficial for small businesses to get those initial sales and even better for those big businesses to grow their profit by a huge margin.

Intercom review by Erin T.
Erin T.

"Customer Service for the modern world"

What do you like best?

This system allows us to interact with multiple customers are once. We can send screen shots, videos, and most importantly GIFs. Seriously, our customers love that we can send them silly gifs. It lightens the mood and make the assistance seem less stuffy.

What do you dislike?

One thing our business really needs is the ability to set away messages. We can set up working business hours, but there's no option for us to temporarily close to go to a meeting. This is a feature we've been asking for for years and would improve our communication greatly when we're pulled away from chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a chat support product, it's quite difficult to reach Intercom via their own chat for support. I do understand they are West Coast based, but they should consider extending their support hours.

We've managed to go to a call by appointment option instead of call on demand customer service based option within our company. Customers know that we're chat based and for the most part love that they can get an answer quickly and get back on the road without having to ask for a call back.

Intercom review by Sonny S.
Sonny S.

"Intercom is an easy way to integrate with my system and communicate with my customers."

What do you like best?

Intercom is not only software support service, but also software for marketing. At the same time, we can use it both in the office and in mobile applications. This service allows us to generate a client base and provides an opportunity for segmentation of the audience, which greatly facilitates the work. Intercom has a huge set of functions, so it's just a bailout for start-ups and small businesses. Simple interface. In addition, Intercom easily integrates with a large number of services, not only with external, but also with our internal programs.

What do you dislike?

A little incomprehensible pricing system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom will allow you to get away from having to run different software separately for support, sales and marketing. It is easy to use, has an excellent design, interface and support. Another plus is a mobile application that allows you to quickly contact customers and solve problems wherever you are.

Thanks to Intercom, we managed to provide our users with incredible quick support. This is our advantage over competitors. And, Intercom provided customers with the opportunity to ask us questions in the chat when we are out of touch, and this ensures that all their problems will always be resolved.

Intercom review by Mariana S.
Mariana S.

"Great conversation tool for small companies"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Intercom is the mixture of power and simplicity. For companies that are just getting started and want to be customer-centric, this is a great tool. It helps you interact with your user in a simple and friendly way, focusing on what is important for them. The campaigns are amazing for retention and building better experiences.

What do you dislike?

That Intercom has decided to focus on the Sales Qualification and Marketing rather than on the support. I love the tool but it does not have the features that a company with a larger size or scope requires. For example, the help guides lack the capability to be translated according to the user language. We are reaching 13 countries in the next year and using Intercom would imply to create 13 different articles per each one and have them allocated I don´t know how. I wish Intercom worked more on improving current support tools. Another thing I wish could be improved is the reporting section.

Support and user retention mainly, it is simple, friendly and the information it gives about the users is great.

Intercom review by Jessica O.
Jessica O.

"Intercom allows us to service our customers quickly and efficiently!"

What do you like best?

I love that we have the ability to create surveys, messages, campaigns, etc. so we can reach out to our customers in the most efficient way. The analytics that Intercom provides is also really valuable. This helps us better understand trends of our customers and their employees so we can create something that is personalized for them specifically. We're recommending Intercom to several of the small businesses we work with, and continuously get feedback about how they loved our recommendation. This software also allows me to see reports on how I'm doing, as well as how our customers feel about my performance. This is incredibly helpful since we're a SaaS company and customer service is our main goal.

What do you dislike?

There are a few restrictions when creating campaigns, live, or manual messages that will sometimes cause you to have to create an entirely new campaign, etc.... however, you can duplicate them and make edits easily. Anytime we have feedback on something that we don't like we tell them and always get a response. They're great at informing you of upcoming changes and are excellent at reaching out to customers who specifically requested something they have decided to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have no recommendations at this time!

We're solving the ever-evolving communication problem that most small businesses experience. It's easy to send an email and forget, but Intercom allows us to collect specific data so we can continue to personalize our messages so we can build relationships with our customers.

Intercom review by Simon W.
Simon W.

"A well-rounded experience"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very easy to use, quick to learn and plenty to explore. Functionally it's quick, and has everything that I need to help get my job done and provide adequate contacts to customers.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to get particularly in-depth reporting done using Intercom; while a lot of the reporting resources are great to let the team and I know how we're doing, there could be more to hand to get some real data mining down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy, functional, quick service to help get in touch and maintain contact with customers, all while having a place to reliably store internal notes and information for your colleagues to keep updated and maintain a high quality of service, Intercom is the way to go. It's full of interesting features and, while the reporting resources could be more in-depth (my personal preference), it has plenty to keep the data mining side going.

Intercom has become the backbone of our customer communications. It's allowed us to have a quick and easy way to keep in touch with our customers, as well as a central place for any reference notes on their issues.

Intercom review by Annali W.
Annali W.

"Game changer for real customer success"

What do you like best?

Everything is personal and changes the once distant customer service industry into a personalized experience to give each client attention to make sure they are successful and satisfied while using our platform.

What do you dislike?

Some admin settings are over my head, and most of my teams, but Intercom support is always there to help out. It would be nice if the settings and filters for auto messages were a bit easier to manage. If they were I think we would use intercom even more thoroughly for customer success and marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a tool we are always logged into and has made our team more engaged with customers, aware of needs, opportunities and retain a larger amount of clients.

Intercom allows us to reach clients at a distance, send heavy documents and positivity in seconds. It has shaved HOURS off our customer support and allowed our Customer Success team to focus on new avenues of helping customers innovate and grow their brand while we build quality relationships for better retention.

Intercom review by Philippe H.
Philippe H.

"Must have for a Saas business"

What do you like best?

Intercom allows us to engage with our users in an effortless way through in-app message and automated emails while keeping track of our users log-ins in our tool.

I like the ability to tag users and company and then create segments. There are a lot of conditions available when filtering, thus allowing to create precise segments that target specific users or company.

continually roll out new feature and their support team is accessible whenever I have questions.

What do you dislike?

I once wanted to bulk edit some of our users by exporting them in CSV file and then reuploading the CSV file with a field modified. While the CSV file export was possible, re-uploading the file to bulk edit is not an available feature. Aside from that, I really enjoy using Intercom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They continually roll-out new features and their support staff is available and effective when you ask them questions.

We use Intercom for several Saas business tasks such as engaging with users both manually and automatically as well as tracking users behavior within our app. We also split our clients between our different account managers using Tag and Segments.

Intercom review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"Perfect for live conversations with clients and onboarding automation"

What do you like best?

The automation features and ability to filter and segment users and leads. It's really easy to manage enquiries internally and pass them to team members. The app is handy for weekend customer support as well. Check out their podcast as well. Some good information there for marketers and customer support teams. We've added some help and FAQ pages which has decreased our clients' dependency on the CSM.

What do you dislike?

We'd like to be able to add a workflow to the request a demo process. If we qualify a lead - we'd like to demo to them, if they don't qualify, we'd like to give them a video walk through. Being able to implement the same chat via Facebook messenger could be cool too. Having a few ready made templates for common activities would be good too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a full look throug hthe integrations and explore just how you could use this platfrom to its full potential. There are a lot of different ways to leverage the tools.

Live Chat and onboarding automation. We also use it for newsletters to our clients and outage notifications. It's been really easy to follow up on email marketing with the campaigns feature. The tool is also robust in being able to create tags from actions and custom fields in the database. It's really easy to manage enquiries internally and pass them to team members. The app is handy for weekend customer support as well.

Intercom review by Rares M.
Rares M.

"Game Changer for Customer Support "

What do you like best?

What I like the most about intercom is the fact that it can be integrated with multiple types of website or other apps and services, making it versatile to the needs of the business. More than that, the ability to create automated behaviour based messages, have templates and drafts as well as have a team that can have a large number of members for customer support makes it ideal.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily dislike but I believe a part that can be improved is the integration with services such as Slack. The point of improvement would be the display of messages in Slack channels; if this would be more easy to follow and less bulky (the notification and the message displayed) it would be even more useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to explore all the available features and also chat to the Intercom support team (not surprisingly, they are great at customer support); You can also integrate Intercom with your apps such as Slack and get a notification to always be aware of any new message. Make sure to test and double test all of your automated messages so you don't confuse or bombard your potential customer with information that is not always relevant for that time or touch point. Also, they provide some video tutorials as well as webinars, so join in and learn more!

I have been using Intercom for the past year and it helped improve customer support and thus customer satisfaction as well as nurturing leads and converting them through multiple steps of the customer flow both with automated messages as well as live chat.

Intercom review by Sébastien C.
Sébastien C.

"Ease of use, slick design, always improving"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and how it seamlessly integrates with our app. Our customers appreciate how easy it is to communicate with us. Our staff on the other hand love to have a modern platform which they can use remotely at any time.

What do you dislike?

Most advanced features regarding automation (bots) can only work with user in one language (English). For a multi-language product, it makes it less relevant.

They're getting better at this, but the interface can be slow to load depending on the module.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support multi-languages

They allow us to easily support tens of thousands of users with the Inbox product and redirect them towards the help center for self-support (article product).

We also use the "Engage" product to automate the onboarding of trial accounts. With intercom we raised the bar of self-onboarding clients to over 50% of our new customers, each month.

Intercom review by Brittany S.
Brittany S.

"Good way to get chat on website"

What do you like best?

With Intercom, users can navigate to our website and they can leave a comment or a question through the chat (which looks to be directed to a member of our team). We then integrated that chat with Slack, and we can all communicate on who is going to respond.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is when the request comes inbound and it is assigned an annonyous icon and color, it can be hard to know where it came from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering Intercom, I recommend having it integrated with Slack as well if you have slack. That way, you get the notifications real time to both email and your messenger system. Additionally, it helps to have someone logged in real time that can respond to the chat requests and especially if you have someone that responds to customers and someone that responds to prospects. Our marketing team responds to prospects and our customer success team responds to customers which works well.

We are giving customers and prospects the opportunity to direct chat with us from the website, so that is helpful for folks to have a direct pipeline to speak with us when they might otherwise not have sent an email.

Intercom review by Yannick P.
Yannick P.

"Intercom isn't the perfect but they are definitely going towards it!"

What do you like best?

I like the complete solution it offers. From being the point of entry to join our company, the all-in-one solution for our support team and on top of that, a great solution to target our users and offer them the best solutions possible based on their activities.

What do you dislike?

I think that they should definitely improve the Saved Replies management. We use it really a lot and there are no categories in those. It would help us to step up the game.

I would also like to have the possibility to use the new Bots' skills not only to target leads, but with registered users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all features and see how you can benefit of it.

It allows us to manage in one solution, different aspects of our business that were previously managed in different platforms (the ticketing system, online chat, mailing campaigns...).

Intercom review by Scott U.
Scott U.

"The Pinnacle of Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to maintain multiple helpful and personal chats with our large user base at once. Not to mention their amazingly powerful email campaign tool, the fact that it's very easily integrated directly with our apps and websites, as well as their amazing Help Center / FAQ tool.

What do you dislike?

They recently did a redesign that's pretty difficult to look at for an extended period of time. It's too bright and lacks proper contrast.

They wrote a blog post talking about how users, like me, who disliked the color scheme of the redesign were just "change averse". Mildly insulting in my opinion, as it's legitimately a bad color scheme.

Although if the colors of the program are my biggest complaint (they are), then Intercom is certainly doing something right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom is certainly the most robust live chat support program. They have the most amazing customer support and customer service as well. No matter the day of week or time of day, you'll get an excellent response from their support staff.

If you’re not very technically inclined, I would recommend Intercom. Setting it up is very straightforward and fast, and their documentation is by far the best.

Supporting our large customer base with issues ranging from extremely technical, to industry best practices, and everything in-between.

It’s extremely easy to maintain multiple conversations at once, while keeping them fun and personal. Intercom also has amazing self-serve features. When a user asks a frequently asked question, Intercom will recommend the appropriate Help Center article that our team wrote.

This automatically handles about 5% for incoming support tickets without a member of our support team ever needing to interact with the user.

Intercom review by Spencer R.
Spencer R.

"Powerful in app chat tool"

What do you like best?

We love how well intercom integrates with our in app experience for users. It's easy to use for onboarding new users, checking in, getting feedback etc. I also like the ease of setting up vistor auto messages that appear on certain pages after certain behavior to engage with live chat users.

What do you dislike?

They could improve on workflow when it comes to creating more complex email and messaging campaigns. We've also run into some challenges when trying to do some custom integrations with tools like segment. They need more functionality when it comes to using this tool for sales and marketing vs. customer support. Great on customer support. Lacking in sales and marketing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a web or mobile app, this is a solid option. If you're looking for more of a marketing chat tool I would consider something like Drift as a stronger option.

customer support, support automation, documentation, support library, auto chat, lead capture, etc.

Intercom review by Zack C.
Zack C.

"Engage Visitors and Users In Real Time"

What do you like best?

I think intercom is a great tool for engaging Folks on your website or users of your platform. You can chat with them in real time answer any questions they have or even book a meeting with a prospect. Intercom makes communication a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I don't specifically dislike anything, however that being said there are many features that remain to be built. They have a long road of product development ahead but I'm excited to see what they can do!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Intercom is an amazing platform and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

We help engage prospects on our website and provide support for our current clients with Intercom. It has allowed us to build lasting relationships with clients, the ability to respond to an issue in real time is a game changer.

Intercom review by Jessie A.
Jessie A.
View Original

"Intercom make it so easy to connect to your customers"

What do you like best?

The intercom app is incredibly sleek on both ends of it - using it to talk to users, and on the other hand using it as a customer to talk to other companies (or the intercom staff themselves). Not to mention the help centre / auto-message function of it.

It's incredibly easy to send messages to the right groups of people and keep your customers in the loop with any changes.

What do you dislike?

The help centre / knowledge base section isn't as advanced as I'd like it to be - i.e. no automatic recommend articles and things like that.

We're able to easily and immediately interact with our customers in real time and solve problems faster. A lot better than previous ticketing systems I've used where things often were taking days to get sorted - now things get solved in minutes.

Intercom review by Brett R.
Brett R.

"Crucial tool for customer support, success and retention"

What do you like best?

Our team is primarily in the live chat while we also leverage the support articles and saved replies. We automate message routing to different teams depending on the type of customer or the severity in their message. Intercom has been a staple for our team.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Intercom is missing the ability to pull detailed reporting so we had to build an internal tool for this. In addition, none of the reports can be exported via .csv.

We're able to identify the customer and their usage of the product and determine if the issue is related to their computer/browser prior to asking them a reply message. In addition, we can send them an article to assist answering their questions. We're able to inform users in 180 countries how to use the product without rewriting the response every time.

Intercom review by Jan L.
Jan L.

"The one of the best tool for you and your customers"

What do you like best?

The main opportunity is the exchange of information between all the employees of our team. We have several offices and an easy exchange of information is very important for us. This service is not just a tool for contacting your clients, it may soon grow into an excellent CRM. With Intercom, you can easily collect all the necessary information about your customers. Nice API and documentation.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to use. The user interface is a little unorganized, it was difficult for me to understand it. As the interface began to slow down, it's very bad because our client base has grown and I would not want to search for a particular service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to organize communication in your development team, to facilitate the search for the information you definitely should try Intercom. Just a great support team, quickly solved any problems.

We use Intercom to communicate with our customers. We encourage them about new updates and features. Our clients should be aware of the fact that our project is being grown. We also use this service to receive feedback from our customers.

Intercom review by Eddie W.
Eddie W.

"One of the best messaging for sales, marketing and support"

What do you like best?

You can easily view, monitor, comment and initiate messages from one team account, and repetitive tasks can be easily automated to save time and resources. Multichannel transmission allows you to contact customers and no matter where they wrote to you. The service integrates with Facebook and Twitter, and messages from social networks are automatically redirected to the Inbox for internal communication, as well as emails from any address. Access restriction features, built-in chat for website visitors and setting up a company's branding, as well as analytics for query quantity parameters and average response time are available. You can instantly engage your best leads with targeted messages. The software helps to qualify the leads for you, routing the right ones to the right sales person while keeping Salesforce in sync.

What do you dislike?

To register a trial period, a credit card is required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom is an all-in-one solution that provides various tools and functions for communicating with customers.

When we start using Intercom, management and access to our customers is made easier. I'm also surprised at the ease of installation on our website, and I did not have any problems with this. The data is then presented in an easy to digest form. With that information at hand you should be equipped to make an informed purchase decision that you will not regret.

Intercom review by Matt L.
Matt L.

"Makes Customer Support a Breeze"

What do you like best?

I like how quickly I can jump from conversation to conversation and access customer information at a glance. It makes it easy to clear out our queues. Queue management is also helpful, as assignment rules make it easy to place customer inquiries into the proper channels so things don't get lost in the shuffle.

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes difficult to find the internal help article I'm trying to send a customer based on the keywords.

We've done away with inbound phone support in favor of utilizing Intercom to better serve our customers, and after the initial pushback that comes from doing away with the ability to call and get someone on the line, our customers have grown to appreciate how easy it is to get the answers they're looking for.

Intercom review by Carolin M.
Carolin M.

"Chat program works fine, I do not recommend this for email marketing"

What do you like best?

It's great that chat messages and email messages can be woven together, for example when segmenting and targeting audiences, and in reporting. Seeing each user's complete message history is useful.

I like that emails can have a condition to not send to anyone who's been contacted in X days. This helps with not overwhelming recipients.

Their support team is friendly, and the fact that the program's features are lacking is not their fault.

What do you dislike?

Their email program is incredibly basic. I think if you'd like to focus on email marketing and not just your chat support, looking *anywhere* but with Intercom is a better idea.

One of my biggest grievances is that if you upload HTML, certain parts get stripped out, rendering emails not looking or functioning correctly. This has been acknowledged by their support team, and their only advice was to use their very very limited WYSIWYG editor.

Certain things Intercom adds to the HTML when sending are known spam triggers (according to SendForensics).

It is possible to pull in dynamic variables from the mailing list, but you can't manipulate them (as you can in programs like Responsys), and I also don't believe it's possible to have dynamic content pieces in the email, based on mailing list values or demographics.

There are no extension tables.

There are no text versions generated.

There is no view in browser link.

Email sends can't be throttled over time for large deployments.

Test emails can only be sent to 5 users at a time, and they are not a true copy of the actual email (for example, links aren't encoded).

Emails can be previewed with actual user data, but which user is picked is random.

Rules for segmenting audiences are incredibly hard to use and very basic. For example, I can only choose AND or OR conditions, no combination of the two, and no nesting. The available conditions are very limited (for example, I can choose "value is xyz" but not "value is not xyz"). There is no way to re-order rules, other than to delete everything and start over.

If a user bounces, but then updates their email address, their record remains forever marked as "undeliverable". Again, support acknowledges this and promises that a solution is in the works.

Reporting is rudimentary. A lot of metrics can only be exported for all-time sends, not by week or month, etc.

There is no reporting on a click level - only how many clicks overall an email received. That is fine for emails with only one CTA, but useless for a newsletter.

There are often unexplained bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use this as your chat program.

Solve emails some other way, for example with Mailchimp (which does have an Intercom integration!)

Most importantly, it allowed us to organize our email deployments in a way where we could be sure the emails were spaced out appropriately and individual users wouldn't get marketing emails too close together.

Intercom review by Grant S.
Grant S.

"A Must Have for Running a B2B SaaS Company"

What do you like best?

I love Intercom. My favorite feature is being notified with new users sign-up and being able to see how people are engaging with the system. We use these analytics to engage with our users. The majority of our engagement is manually reaching out to users through the chat window. However, we have been able to take advantage of some of Intercom's automated messaging features.

What do you dislike?

We have had some issues with spam getting through Intercom's filters. However, 98% of the time the only messages we get are quality and from real users. When the spam filters don't work however, it can take days to two-weeks for them to be able to fix the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to integrate Intercom into both your support and your sales process — not just your support processes.

Success running a Software as a Service business requires that you develop relationships with your users. You need their input to improve your product, prioritize features, and detect bugs. In addition, engaging with users improve their loyalty, and keeps them from unsubscribing without giving you a reason or a chance.

Intercom review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"A great user experience for managing hundreds of conversations with different teams"

What do you like best?

Intercom are regularly releasing new features and constantly striving to provide the offering.

I like how it always remains easy to use and great to look at.

Building sequences and creating tags to monitor what stage leads and customers are at is incredibly intuitive

What do you dislike?

A couple of new features have led to a couple of buttons being bumped down meaning I have to scroll down a little bit, not really a big issue, just laziness on my part.

Often, I will have Intercom open in my browser waiting for any leads to ask a question. Occasionally I'll receive a notification and go to Intercom to check it out and it is Intercom intercomming me, it'd be good to mute these.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take one look at the UI and I'm sure you will see that it's going to reduce a lot of headaches in marketing automation and ensuring any customer on your site is well looked after and responded to in an efficient manner.

Using the tags has allowed us to see exactly what features our customers have used during trial periods of the software.

We can then look at why people don't use particular features and at what stage they lose interest or seeing the most value.

The sequences are easily customisable so we can prevent marketing automation becoming monotonous and unvaried.

Intercom review by Brianna R.
Brianna R.

"Good tool for sales depending on your use"

What do you like best?

Intercom is an easy way for customers or potential customers to reach us, since they see the little chat box at the bottom of the website when they get to the landing page. It is easy for customers to use and is easy for us to communicate with them.

What do you dislike?

The interface is terribly confusing and difficult to use. It seems out-dated and bulky and I'm rarely able to find what I'm looking for. I have bookmarked the tab I use most, which is where our chats "come in" so that I don't have to waste time each morning logging in and getting to it. There are a lot of features we would like to have more control over customizing, such as requiring email addresses when they come on chat, but after countless hours speaking with support, we still aren't able to do this. It also brings in a lot of spammers and bots, wasting our time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around. Do your research, and make sure this is the right chat tool for your service or product.

We are using Intercom as a way for new customers who come to our website to be able to reach out to us easily so that we can answer their questions and make sales. I don't have any exact numbers, but I'm sure it has increased our sales by a small percentage, however a lot of existing customers tend to use this as well, when we have a different chat system in place for them within our Dashboard, and we waste a lot of time with bots and spammers.

Intercom review by Raúl M.
Raúl M.

"Great live chat app for real time support!"

What do you like best?

I've never seen or used any other app that was so functional, clean, full with features and yet really easy to use than Intercom, in terms of customer support. And I'm not telling this just because I'm a support agent as part of my current job duties, but because I keep getting frustated when I need to reach support on my daily basis with other companies and all they have is very old chats that no one cares to pay attention to, a rudimentary contact form or email address. Intercom, as professional user but also as a customer that's looking for support is the best tool you can use to have a great and fast response.

What do you dislike?

Desktop version is great, but mobile needs (still) to be enhanced. For instance: marking yourself as away is not always saved, nor are the turn off/on push notifications. Internal notes only lets you type plain text, when on the desktop version you can do many more things. It'd be great if they will improve this, honestly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to test it and you'll find it's the perfect tool for communications, customer support, live chat sales and many more things. I really get upset when I log in to a site to ask anything / needing something and offer support w/o this tool.

Customer support time and eficiency. It's an outstanding tool to manage communications and campaigns as well. I don't feel like I even used at it's 100% and I find it to be wonderful. By the way, team members reports are great to measure efectiveness of your customer support team.

Intercom review by Douglass C.
Douglass C.

"This software will increase your sales."

What do you like best?

I like that I can have a rather better way to purchase or attract customers and retain them. also, I tried and I know that this is a powerful platform for sales. Ability to have a strong work with marketing and support to connect with my clients. The perfect way to increase trade.

What do you dislike?

Actually, the program is nice. Just a payment is high.But it doesn't stop me to use this software. I know for what I pay and I have everything that I need from that solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking software which will help you with your sale and marketing that it is better to use Intercom. The product is easy to install and simple to use. The platform has powerful and strong working tools. I recommend it to you.

Actually, with this software, we can do more on our sale. We also like to use open and productive way of connection with our customers. Allows to us to grow our performance faster.

Intercom review by Hillary C.
Hillary C.

"Love the chat and slack integration - wish it had better reporting "

What do you like best?

I love the design and user interface of how the Intercom chat bubble sits on top of a page--very sleek and friendly. I also love the fact that it can live in multiple places (i.e. your company website and inside your application). Also, the ability to add gifs, images, and emojis make chatting in intercom fun for users on both sides of the conversation.

What do you dislike?

The inability to run custom reports makes it difficult to keep a general pulse on how specific users / accounts are engaging with your Support team. There is tons of data available, but I often have to go digging to find what I'm looking for.

Intercom has helped us streamline our outbound product announcements, inbound support requests, and inbound sales demo requests. It's slack integration also serves as a great way for our broader team to keep an eye on what our users are saying about our product.

Intercom review by Jonathon L.
Jonathon L.

"Comprehensive system. Maybe a bit too comprehensive."

What do you like best?

Customer information available, relative ease of communication with customers responding through this platform. The nice thing is that the platform has the capability to do most of what you would want a customer relationship (support/success) to do. They were willing to work with us on price, which was helpful since the pricing can be a little steep if you're using it for new user onboarding.

What do you dislike?

The marketing email interface is a bit unwieldy, at least for me. I think this is probably just me, but I find it difficult to switch between emails when I'm editing the same info (for example, reply to email address).

Sometimes, the whole Intercom comm window is intrusive. Like...leave me alone sometimes, everytime I log in there is that window popping up. You don't have anything that important to say every single time, go away now and then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're going to use it, jump all in. Don't try to use part of it, because the pricing structure is pretty meh. Jump in all the way or you're not likely to get your moneys worth. If you do jump in all the way, it will accomplish everything you need to in regards to customer communication, support, CRM, etc.

Marketing/onboarding automation, customer event logger and basic info tracker

Intercom review by Veronika B.
Veronika B.

"Good marketing tool for getting more personal with your prospects and customers"

What do you like best?

+ User-friendly marketing automation tool that's easy to set up and use.

+ Quick and easy for sales and support teams to follow up on live chat queries.

+ Inspiringly simple to create great marketing messages (emails and InApps).

+ A fun voting system to get your audience engaged in chat messages.

+ Lots of integrations that we make use of daily.

What do you dislike?

- Marketing automation needs work: segments don't always automatically update and it's hard to fully trust the system with sending automated sequences/drip emails.

- Recent price changes. First was to charge customers separately for each function of their tool (Acquire, Engage, Learn, Support) and there is another change coming to charge teams per active user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom is a brilliant out-of-the-box live chat and customer communications tool that can help you create relationships with your customers and warm up prospects.

However, if you sell a SaaS product yourself or you require an advanced marketing automation tool, you are most likely better off with a different tool that helps you do just that.

Intercom has helped us solve customer queries quickly and it makes it equally easier to send marketing messages as well. Where it falls through is drip campaigns that is something we are looking to do more of in the future.

Intercom review by Amokrane T.
Amokrane T.

"Best livechat software"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. The chat and assignment features are great but what I like the most os the operator bot. It saves us a considerable amount of time.

The mailing features and data are cool but could be improved.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to customize your emails if you're not good at CSS. A drag and drop interface would have been an improvement.

Sometimes, I receive a notification when a team member closes a conversation. It bothers me but some people might find this useful.

I would like to see a feature similar to Freshchat' canned response in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a discount for early stage start-ups. You should check if you can apply for it.

If you're not eligible and have a low traffic, don't waist your money. Use free alternatives like Crisp, Drift or Freshchat.

Intercom helps us spend more time improving our product. Assisting our clients is easier than ever. It plays a big role in converting visitors into leads and then users because we can collect their contact info and discuss with them about their needs. The process is shorter than the good old "contact us" form which means that you convert more.

Intercom review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Intercom for CS - Almost perfect"

What do you like best?

I love that integration capability, the engagement options, and the depth of tracking it provides. Everything I need is there and available to me. I also find that the pop up is visible and used quite a bit by our users which is very helpful from a Customer Success Perspective.

What do you dislike?

The interface takes some getting used to and I wish there was additional customization available. I also wish the integrations could pull more info - I would love to be able to track "Last Contacted" not just through intercom but through our other platforms as well. This might be user error though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really solid product with a lot of functionality. It comes down to your main use and your personal workflows.

We had a massive problem with people feeling unheard or them not noticing their emails had been responded to. With Intercom, the whole team can pitch in and clients feel more heard as they have a record of their conversation with us.

Intercom review by Ross B.
Ross B.

"A great way to interact with your customers!"

What do you like best?

Compared to other ticketing services I've used in the past, Intercom makes it easier for customers to reach out, ask questions and report issues.

What do you dislike?

You can sometimes loose track of open conversations if you're dealing with a high volume traffic. There's also a few keyboard shortcut which causes conversations to be closed when you're writing a response, which can be extremely frustrating. When closing a conversation, customers can reopen it with an unrelated question which can make it difficult to keep track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Intercom for support, I would suggest also using the knowledge base.

We use Intercom so our customers have a seamless way of reaching out with questions and issues. We also use Intercom on our website so leads can ask questions and schedule a demo. We've recently migrated our knowledge base to Intercom which provides a better experience for our customers.

Intercom review by Edmond L.
Edmond L.

"After using a few live chat platforms, Intercom is the best I've user used or have ever experienced"

What do you like best?

The ability to share screenshots back and forth is by far the coolest feature. It's also really fun to use emojis with customers.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change would be that when I want to send what I'm typing, I could hit tab+enter. Having to tap the tab button twice is a bit annoying, but I got over it after using it a couple weeks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't forget to use screenshots to get your point across. A picture is worth 1000 words.

With a new company that does things a bit different than normal, it's easy for customers to get lost. With Intercom, it's easy to show them exactly what they need to do and even send along a screenshot or images of the thing they need. It's also REALLY nice to see if a teammate is also typing in a chat. This keeps you from typing a response to an incoming chat only to have another agent reply and then your test is wasted.

Intercom review by Michael I.
Michael I.

"Worst email marketing (and automation) platform I've ever used. CS is good."

What do you like best?

The fact that you can manage your customer service and email marketing all in one platform.

What do you dislike?

Intercom. Please just acquire another email automation platform. Your developers have no idea what they're doing. With great email automation, you could have the most powerful marketing platform on the planet.

- Takes about 5 hours to send an email to one million users.

- It's extremely expensive.

- A/B testing is an absolute nightmare (you can't A, B, C, D, E) test

- You can't archive emails

- You can't even preview your html emails before sending them

- You can't customize your merge tags (e.g. with title case)

- You cannot use AND + OR logic together. It's either all OR or all AND. Pathetic.

- Customer service usually takes a couple hours to get back to you.

- You can't trigger an email, say, 20 mins after an action occurs. You have to wait a FULL day. Or have it happen immediately.

To increase our businesses conversion rate. To get someone to purchase a logo package after they've signed up for an account with us.

Intercom review by Allan D.
Allan D.

"Great communiation service with some bugs."

What do you like best?

It does everything. Customer outreach, knowledge base management, and support chat. It can integrate with features like Slack to notify us. Their blog is beautiful, too. Immediate GIF and Emoji support is welcome.

What do you dislike?

Mobile support is not stellar and missing a few important features that the desktop suite offers. Has a few minor bugs (quick replies have additional paragraphs around images that have to be manually deleted, for example). Keyboard shortcuts would be better if they were editable, their current format caused me to inadvertently close too many conversations. One gigantic turn-off is the fact that more than a few of my chats don't push to the client's side until something else gets sent first (often only after I've closed my ticket).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow-up regularly with your client. Keep tabs on your tags to prevent a messy tag list.

Customer support and success were solved. It keeps us in constant contact with our users.

Intercom review by Hugo M.
Hugo M.

"Fantastic Product"

What do you like best?

It's an all-in-one communication platform that really helps with all marketing efforts. It's especially important for small businesses, as it concentrates all task on a single platform.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit expensive and it's not very convenient to create, manage and send recurring newsletters to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom is best for B2B companies with not so many users in total. If you have more than 10,000 users, the cost will scale very fast. Not recommended for freemium models, as you'll pay for every user listed.

From the knowledge base up to receiving support requests and sending automated email campaigns, Intercom is really helpful and centralizes all aspects of user engagement. We're a small startup and were able to replace 2 or 3 different software for Intercom, pay less and have even more features. It's a must-have for small companies that need a simple, but robust, solution to handle all the above.

Intercom review by Adam P.
Adam P.

"Pretty decent, stylish, & useful chat/customer support tool"

What do you like best?

The Ability to send messages (emails/pop-up alerts/etc) to your clients very quickly.

For a chat feature, it's very stylish and stands out well on your website (while not looking too loud)

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have a full Salesforce attachment (that I have found) - this is a BIG negat

Knowledgebase wasn't very intuitive, so we had to search for other another solution here.

It's not (not even sold as, so I shouldn't complain) a "live chat", as others we tried are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Intercom if you want to add a "chat" function to your website that doesn't require someone to be manned there all the time, or if you have many things you'd like to announce to your clients that doesn't require a developer to achieve.

For website chat support, it's the only solution in my eyes. Everything else I've used is either clunky or ugly.

Intercom review by Sundeep G.
Sundeep G.

"Probably the best!"

What do you like best?

Probably the best platform to manage all your support. It is more like one stop shop and you can get all the features you desire in one platform. There is not much you can ask from a platform since most of it is covered. Our small support team acts more like a huge team who can manage a huge user base.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike but there are some areas that need improvement like all the support questions would reach you like a conversation rather than like a ticket. It becomes tricky sometime to track the support team activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every business has different needs, the platform you chose needs to be assessed if it meets your requirements.

After Intercom, we have been able to increase our engagement with our users. Users also find it easy to reach our support team. Our small support is now capable of managing huge user base.

Intercom review by Mike K.
Mike K.

"Becoming the one stop shop for support!"

What do you like best?

Everything is now in one place. To start, we were using Intercom for in-app chat and GrooveHQ for KB and helpdesk. We switched from GrooveHQ to Zendesk for features, but the problem with Zendesk is that the structure for ticketing does not really fit our customer base.

Then Intercom came out with Intercom Educate,, switched EVERYTHING to Intercom and now our 3 person support team is acts more like a 30 person team with how we are able to handle tickets, knowledgebase, in-app support, etc.

What do you dislike?

There are some areas where there could be improvements. Help Center security - with Zendesk and others we could restrict access to only our users, but currently there is no option with Intercom. As a result, we created a pretty ugly URL for our support site so that it is harder for our competitors to find.

There is also the case of customers opening up multiple chat instances, and would be great if there was a way to merge them together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company has different needs, but if Intercom is a good fit for your model, you will not be disappointed.

All of our support resources in one place.

Instead of searching for a KB article to share, I can pull it right into a conversation through the chat window - huge time saver.

Our median time of response has reduced significantly - started around 28+ minutes on average and now down to 10 minutes thanks to Intercom.

Intercom review by Vanda W.
Vanda W.

"Ability to have a great working day."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I can easily keep track of all my conversation. Also, I like that platform that I can hold and control all information which is coming. Of course, ability to find an old information which I had at past.

What do you dislike?

I just see good sides of that software. I like that solution to use for every day. I will not say a bad words about it. When you will try that you will see how it can help you at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good software which makes your job work well. The program simple to install. Very easy to use. Great open tools which will make your day run faster. I recommend it.

The very great solution which helps with conversation. Now we are all work with big interest. We are not worry about our report as we know that we will have it automatically.

Intercom review by Ricardo W.
Ricardo W.

"Working with care"

What do you like best?

Very easy to keep track of your dialogue and always easy to find early dialog and recover pertinent information. Another great side is the in sights offered as you can easily keep racecourse of information that can help your company move toward the right course.

What do you dislike?

I will not complain about it. that it's not organized enough.that its hard to use. I guess it's impossible to satisfy all customers.Its not to hard for use and its helps a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As for me I like to use this program and I would like to recommend you to install and to use it. its will help you to make your working day more smoothly.

My workers like that they can get a carry of it in one click and converse with a real person, plus it allows to send out automated report, notice. So its really great to work with.

Intercom review by Ariana G.
Ariana G.

"Intercom has changed the way we do business and support our client end-users! "

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using Intercom is our ability to send data across teams with minimal effort and maximum transparency.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Intercom is the inability to filter through past convos based on their topics. It's tedious to scroll and open each individual convo looking for a certain topic to revisit/ follow-up on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something that allows your users to communicate seamlessly with your internal customer service teams, this is definitely the right choice in software. The flexibility of the system and its ability to capture such detailed analytics makes this platform one that we can't live without.

One of our initial struggles was communication with our end-users at any point in time. They used to have to navigate away from the main UI to contact us and that didn't do anything but cause more frustration. Now we can communicate with them directly on the page they need to discuss and we can get their questions resolved faster and without downtime.

Intercom review by Maxime L.
Maxime L.

"Great tool for making your customer happy and ease support centralization"

What do you like best?

- Our clients get responses to their question faster than per e-mail/phone and they are very happy about our responsiveness

- Integration with your app is fairly easy and you can push any data you want to ease identifying the customer you have in front of you.

- Simplify the relation with your client: conversation history is no longer scattered through team mailboxes or phone call notes

- Team work through notes, assignment and snooze allows to ask someone else in the team for help inside the app itself

What do you dislike?

- Its interface is becoming slower as the features are added and our client base grows, Intercom should be careful on that

- Some conversations may be skipped due to complex notifications scheme, you should always keep an eye on the Intercom dashboard

- Some filters in the customer database are missing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Testing the software in a web application can be done in few minutes, so it might worth give it a shot by yourself. The pricing might seem expansive, but it resolves a lot of business problems, so once you are using it, it is hard to get rid of it.

We are using Intercom first for customer support mainly, but also to provide information about new features/fixes or any big announcements to show to our clients how our product evolve.

Intercom also give us a hint about user activity, with its lasts sign-in, chat session, and if they saw or not our automated messages.

Intercom review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Powerful communication, are you ready to deal with the number of conversations?"

What do you like best?

Pushes your users to talk to you! Get feedback from users "in the moment", and if they get stuck in starting, hopefully save them from bouncing away. Being able to see what folks are doing, assuming you integrate events into your application via Intercom is really good for generating insights.

What do you dislike?

Slicing and dicing the data isn't as powerful as I would like. Be prepared to get requests at all hours of the day, which is great, but is also a commitment of company resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't underestimate the effort in responding to all your users requests. Also, doing the marketing automation properly is still something that requires expertise. Intercom facilitates automation, but you still need to know how to do it responsibly. You need that person with expertise.

Getting feedback from users on our SaaS product Quepid. Tier one customer support.

Intercom review by Dave R.
Dave R.

"Their software and content have made our customers more satisfied"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to make customers feel special. I really like how they made talking to our customers such an easy and fun task.

They also have great weekly content that talks about the latest developments in marketing, communication and product development. I am a regular fan and implement their ideas the next day at work.

What do you dislike?

You're are not able to send metadata to Intercom, only certain attributes.

Example: I would like to contact a person if they purchased three times within the last month. However, you can only make a distinction on how many times a person made a purchase overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this software if you can create value from delivering the right messages to the right people at the right time. Or if your customers base can be classified into different subgroups.

My recommendation is to have a developer on-hand that can do the initial configuration.

We have a fairly complex product that requires some onboarding. And also we would like to keep our customers engaged as they theoretically can use our service on a daily basis.

Intercom review by Liz R.
Liz R.

"Truly Fun to Use"

What do you like best?

I love that our team likes using it. It really is fun to use. We are pretty casual at our office so being able to use emojis and GIFs makes our customers smile.

The inbox feature has everything you need to manage incoming messages like snoozing, tagging colleagues, attaching notes and more.

I like the simplicity and streamlining for 1:1 communication.

What do you dislike?

I really want reporting to be more robust. I know that's not what it's for but there's so much great information in here that I can't extract. For example: when our team tags conversations for product enhancements there is no easy way to export all of this feedback or a way to message all of these folks who have tagged conversations to let them know this feature has been released.

It's a great in-app messaging tool that helps our customers connect with our support team in a casual way.

Beyond this the benefits we've experienced have included a better way to communicate product updates and a better way to get feedback and source customers for product research.

Intercom review by Thelma L.
Thelma L.

"The best way to communicate with your customers"

What do you like best?

Our contacts at Intercom are always super friendly and accommodating, for example we frequently suggest updates that would be helpful to our business and daily work with customer support tickets. On numerous occasions, Intercom have developed and deployed these updates based on our suggestions. Intercom always takes the time to adapt both to their customers and to the ever-changing digital world we live in. I am beyond grateful to be able to work with such a modern and innovative company with more and more new features on the rise!

What do you dislike?

There's honestly nothing I can come up with here, Intercom is brilliant and exceeds expectations. Whenever there's something that could potentially be put in this box, we have forwarded this feedback to them and they have gone above and beyond to solve it, which is why we continue thriving in our business relationship with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom is the way to go if you want easy, quick and modern support with high standard and an intuitive, continuously improving product at its core. Recommend it highly to anyone working with customer support!

The benefits are numerous and include:

1) Working with saved replies to simplify customer support work and hours

2) The use of chat bots to suggest articles and even close conversations by helping customers instantaneously find the answers in the help desk instead

3) Assignment rules which can help easily and automatically assign certain conversation to certain teams, team mates or folders

Intercom review by Luke C.
Luke C.

"Intercom helps us further simplify and modernize the process of booking fishing trips"

What do you like best?

Being able to automate visitor check-ins and follow up with new users. There are ways to constantly experiment with, optimize, and simplify messages to work towards better conversion and retention.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if custom bots could be created for users and not just visitors. It would also be nice to control which conversations result in notifications, so that there are no web or email notifications for users who respond to a custom bot but end with a conversation being closed based on their path wherein no live response is needed by our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and constantly experiment.

At first, we realized the benefit of capturing more leads, engaging customers, and being able to provide customer service and point them in the right direction manually. Then, we saw ways to automate pointing them in the right direction or answering FAQ's and have been able to cut down on the time we spend on customer service.

Intercom review by Adrià S.
Adrià S.

"The all-in-one way to communicate with customers"

What do you like best?

First of all, the best thing is real-time communication with our customers. The users appreciate the answers at the moment and see if we are online and if we have read thier messages. The possibility of answering the doubts of the clients and managing the incidents with an integration of external applications allows our developers to have all the possible information to solve the problems.

What do you dislike?

The possibility of managing user filters is limited in certain occasions. Managing large amounts of messages is complicated and tedious. Few statistics in detail to draw precise conclusions.

- Communication with the customer

- Capture leads and customers

- Solve problems

- Email and push management platform

Intercom review by Raymond H.
Raymond H.

"Effective and Robust"

What do you like best?

The interface is great, but I take that as a bare minimum requirement for this kind of solution. What I really appreciate most is that they have a robust API including webhooks which allowed our team to create some very rich integrations that help a TON with productivity.

What do you dislike?

Nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes there's a ui glitch that requires a page refresh to resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy our product and chat with our support team which uses intercom, you'll see how it can be used to great effect.

Providing top tier support for our customers is a competitive advantage at our company. We wouldn't be able to do that without a realtime chat solution.

Intercom review by Maziar F.
Maziar F.

"Intersection of marketing, CRM and customer support done in the right way"

What do you like best?

The fact that marketing, CRM and support activities are integrated within one app.

I like the UX design. I like Intercom’s marketing approach and been following its content marketing practices from a long time ago.

What do you dislike?

- Complicated pricing policy.

- Product is becoming expensive over time and not affordable for small startups any more.

- I think Intercom is best suited for SaaS services who charge their users every month. We are WordPress development company who works with one-off purchases and then offer their users 6-12 months of included support. We sell about 300-500 licenses every week. Many of our users are multiple license buyers so let’s say 1500 licenses can be sold in a month but only 500 users have bought them. Intercom’s API structure is a way that each license sold is considered a user and that’s why we are charged for 1500 users wheats we should be charged for 500 users. This is the main reasons we never consider completely moving to Intercom and we make it available only for our VIP customers (and it’s very difficult to manage and maintain btw)

- We are using message and inbox products for now but not the articles as the price will simply be too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom is the best CRM-Marketing combo I have ever used. But first it’s expensive second you’re not running a business with recurring revenue stream from your customers, be cautious using it. If you’re selling a product with one-off purchases your bill may grow exponentially without getting the ROI you expect.

The fact that we can deliver product update announcements, marketing messages such as discount campaigns notices or survey requests and also support conversations all via one channel. User are also happy not to deal with different channels for each of them such as social media, email, live chat, etc.

Intercom review by Evie J.
Evie J.

"Intercom is the best!"

What do you like best?

I love intercom because it is efficient, easy, and it has a great mobile app. it is also good for tracking customer satisfaction. I have used other ticketing softwares like zendesk, salesforce desk and kayako, and I prefer intercom over all of them!

What do you dislike?

The only things I dislike are that you can't create a new ticket thread from inside of intercom, and also, when you look at older tickets that are several months old, it will just say "3 months old" instead of having an exact date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! I think you will like it!

We are providing swift customer service to our clients, and solving client issues through the software intercom provides.

Intercom review by Paola G.
Paola G.

"Great tool for user onboarding and customer support "

What do you like best?

An essential tool if you are on a SaaS business

1. Centralizes all the exchanges with your clients via chat or email in a single place, while being able to see important information about them (such as user data, user actions, location, etc)

2. Considerably improves the user onboarding experience : you can easily setup automatic messages and even full campaigns that will be triggered as soon as a user performs a particular action.

3. Constant improvements and updates such as the newest integration with GitHub that allows to create GitHub issues directly from intercom conversations or the possibility to turn on the "away mode" that will automatically reassign active conversations to other members of the team so that our customers don't wait too long for an answer if we're not available.

What do you dislike?

The reporting metrics definitely need a lot of improvement as well as analytics capabilities.

The Intercom app has very limited features, it would be great to have access to Intercom Engage and be able to track how users react to our campaigns / auto messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool for SaaS customer communication.It has a lot of features, make sure you invest time and effort in learning how to make the most out of it.

- User onboarding : how to engage customers at scale (Intercom engage is great for this)

- In app live support : be able to quickly answer to our clients and keep a record of our previous conversations

- Ticketing : provide an easy way for our clients to declare bugs and suggest improvements

Intercom review by User in Computer Software

"Great Marketing and Support Tool"

What do you like best?

Advanced marketing and analytics features, including outbound campaigns, lead qualification, and chatbots. The dashboard and interface is extremely stable and intuitive. Training and onboarding is a breeze. Support is kind and courteous.

The analytics are the most powerful I've seen, and you can measure performance, track KPIs for marketing goals, and see which campaigns are really the most effective. You can configure a multitude of features to qualify leads and setup custom fields for customers into the built-in CRM.

What do you dislike?

Pricing. It's expensive per user. Beacon, by Help Scout, is $5/month/user. The support team is helpful and friendly, but responds in hours (ironic for a live chat tool).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom may be expensive, but it's an investment in your marketing, sales, and support teams that builds a real relationship with your customers AND provides value with self-service and automation options.

Powerful tool for every marketing or support team.

Converting leads and answering technical support requests. The engagement of current users, site visitors, and struggling customers provides a human element at a key time in the sales funnel and customer life cycle.

Intercom review by Chuck F.
Chuck F.

"Make your sales increase fast."

What do you like best?

I'm surprised how strong that platform works. It is great that I can make better sales, wonderful platform for marketing. I have big chance to communicate with all my team together for better sales.

What do you dislike?

I really fine with this software.Till now any bad problems don't come to my working routine. So I can easily do my working timetable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The better automatic system which can make all marketing system run faster and right. You will have the good chance to grow your sales way. Also, you can simple to handle all connection with your clients.

We can say that these solutions we can work together in one space, powered by real clients information. More desire to make a productive jump in our working process which will help us to increase our customers.

Intercom review by User in Internet

"Intercom makes user chat and segmentation a breeze"

What do you like best?

While at work the team uses Intercom to provide customer support, as well as email marketing. Intercom makes all of this a breeze.

Super simple to segment users based on specific data (location, usage, plans etc), send messages (auto or manual) and then track the responses. You can keep all communication in one place and I think that's wonderful.

Chat is very easy to use. It's simple to tag users for internal purposes. The mobile app is a life saver!

What do you dislike?

The plans are a bit complicated and difficult to understand. I also miss detailed reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider pricing, as it can be steep, but otherwise this is a great product!

Being able to easily create user segments is great and I'm not sure how I would do that without Intercom (I'm sure there are other tools out there, but I like how Intercom also has customer support so I can also see questions those users have asked in the past).

We use Intercom to talk to all our users and would be lost without it.

Intercom review by User

"Great tool for our business!"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to communicate with leads and reach out to existing customers. Our customers love the fact that we offer an instant chat service, and it's great for keeping our team on track with handy reporting tools, and 'feedback' options – e.g. comments and emojis.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally struggle with creating manual/automatic messages when wanting to contact groups – as you have to first manually tag the users into a collective body before you can contact them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep on top of the new features they release, so you can make them work for your business. A/B test messages and create campaigns too which help you to easily manage leads.

Easily capturing leads with the automatic pop up, which stops potential customers from heading elsewhere when they're waiting for an answer. Great for customers looking for our help guides. Useful that Intercom now integrates with HubSpot so we can quickly/automatically import leads to use for further marketing.

Intercom review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Effective & Simple"

What do you like best?

I love the simple design and functionality of it all. Neither myself or my agents are overwhelmed by the design or capabilities. I am rarely left wanting more from intercom, and am never overwhelmed by too many option either.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, we have issues regarding the 'all' vs 'you' selection that reduces our work flow. We wish it was possible to totally remove the separator. When the website defaults us to 'you' rather than all, we will miss incoming chats from customers, thus upsetting them and hurting their view of our company. This is both an intercom issue and an issue with us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With intercom, you will have the ability to totally customize your experience, as well as your customers experience. The support team is there to help with anything needed.

We use intercom for customer support- it helps us to quickly and effectively help a wide variety of customers. It's better than phone support as we can help multiple customers at once. Using the live chat function also means we have time to fully research and think out our responses. It cuts back nervousness and issues. It also allows for the managers to swoop in and assist as needed.

Intercom review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Intercom makes it easy to manage customer communications"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to segment your customer base and build complex onboarding campaigns. It's easy to send the right message at the right time to our users and keep them engaged - especially when they're still adopting the tool. Intercom has been constantly updating with new features like a knowledge base, saved replies, and artificial intelligence to suggest answers to customer questions before you have to get to them. I can't imagine going back to a system without Intercom in place.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issues with Intercom are the lack of robust analytics, and the inability to see historical data for your users in a simple way. We have other systems that help us manage this, but having everything in Intercom would be great.

The other huge feature I would love to see is sophisticated customer health tracking. You can hack it together in some basic ways now, but it's not great.

We're trying to manage 100s of thousands of users. We adopted Intercom early on with our company (when Intercom was pretty new still, too), and they've helped us scale from when we only had a few hundred customers, up to nearly half a million.

Intercom review by Germán Andrés C.
Germán Andrés C.

"Much more than just a live chat platform"

What do you like best?

Intercom is a full-featured communication platform, integrating live chat, mail marketing, lead scoring, some marketing automation, help center and much more. Visitors can be easily identified and turned into leads and converted to customers. The Help Center has a bot called operator which help to answer questions in the chat with support articles

What do you dislike?

I think more marketing automation could be done starting with the chat. Besides, they have a help center called Educate which is not multilanguage but you can use to allow customers to help themselves but I think more formatting options could be implemented and the images could get some better options to get a better design layout.

We can offer a great live chat channel for customers or leads and the integration with the help center improves customer support process.

Intercom review by Tali G.
Tali G.

"Great product, but is it right for your company?"

What do you like best?

The best thing about intercom is how easy it is to start a conversation with your users. The chat interface is great from both sides, both the user's side and the company's side. They integrated gifs, emojis and surveys so a lot can be achieved with this tool.

Another great thing about intercom are the automatic messages you can send to your users. It will require some development work to set it up, but after you created events and triggers you can send your users personal automatic emails to improve their experience with your product, ask them questions, or give them updates about releases and new features.

What do you dislike?

Price is very high, you pay per user in your website, which means that pretty soon you'll find yourself with a $500 per month payment. For smaller companies with limited funds this might be an issue. I ended up "cleaning" users every few months to save money, this means that you loose all your chat history with that person. The chat history will come back if the user messages you again, but until then you can't even search for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intercom is great, I recommend getting a short Skype with them to see if they can answer your needs, they are very helpful and kind.

Keep in mind that to set up intercom you need:

1. A developer

2. Decide if you want to use intercom with all your users to just a few (because it's expensive!)

3. To plan ahead which events you want to send to intercom

Other than that, I loved using intercom for support, much much better than Zendesk, although there are less features.

I used intercom mainly for support purposes, I liked that the email users get actually looks like a real email (unlike Zendesk where the users get a long complicated scroll).

The benefits are: simple interface, a lot of functionalities inside conversations, create simple surveys in seconds, send blast updates to all users in a heartbeat.

Intercom review by Gerson F.
Gerson F.

"Easy and powerful"

What do you like best?

I'm addicted to tools that help my business grow. Intercom is one of them. In addition to being easy to use, they offer all the functionality I need to serve my audience and grow my business. What struck me most is the plan for startups that fits in the pocket.

What do you dislike?

Well, as any high standard tool it prices are a bit high, mainly because I'm in a country where the dollar is high. But they manage to get around this with an excellent plan for startups. Other than that, nothing to complain about.

Communicate with my clients and prospects. They have several ways of serving my audience on many fronts.

Intercom review by Jon B.
Jon B.

"Love using Intercom"

What do you like best?

I like the interface, functionality, graphic design -- I liked using it as a customer and I like using it as a business owner.

What do you dislike?

There are really minor details that I am not a big fan of -- and I don't use all the features. But it's minor stuff overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for interacting with anyone visiting your website. I don't use many of the other features, which seem less original or useful for our purposes.

Interacting with clients who don't fill out an application but might still be interested to become customers. People who are "lingering in the store" without asking questions (to use a physical store metaphor).

Intercom review by Administrator

"#1 in Customer service "

What do you like best?

Intercom support team has always been on top of their game with expertly and quickly fixing any issues that may arise they are also very receptive to changes and updates that we have requested. Using their program has also made our response time faster an better making our own customer service top notch as well.

What do you dislike?

Their phone app - while awesome to have and beyond helpful doesn't have as many capabilities as I would prefer. It's a bit clunky in places.

I love our ability to create and send help articles. When we're not on it will send the customer our hours to let them know when we will be back and sends them help articles related to the question they asked, often times fixing the problem right then and there without our input. Our customers now know and rely on our quick support and they appreciate this extra step to help them with their account even after our work hours.

Intercom review by Marcos R.
Marcos R.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

The tool is quite robust and quite functional.

I can support all of my customers, only with Intercom.

Via Chat - via personalized email.

Not to mention their support, which is incredible.

What do you dislike?

I do not specifically dislike anything, however, having said that, there are many features that still need to be built. They have a long way to develop products ahead, but I'm excited to see what they can do!

Chat support

Email Support

E-mail marketing

Targeted messaging

Live Boot

Presentation of new products

Providing top-level support to our customers is a competitive advantage in our company. We could not do this without a real-time chat solution.

Intercom review by Brad B.
Brad B.

"Excellent for On boarding SaaS customers "

What do you like best?

Ability to easily set up on-boarding cadence for our SaaS applications. Easy to tag and segment different clients by vertical, title, job function. Customer and Product support teams use provide real-time support in service. The ability to see what areas our customers are accessing and utilizing the most in our service. Ability to guide them pre-defined messages or contact them directly in app to support and guide them with features and functions.

What do you dislike?

Need to visibility of all interactions and clients on the mobile version verse just client conversations your involved in. This would be great for executive and Customer Experience Managers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to understand your product workflows , on-boarding, retention, cross-sell etc. The API's are excellent and very powerful take the time to understand how to use them it is pretty extensive.

Intercom allows us to manage our customer support and customer engagement in our SaaS application. Saved tens of thousands of dollars of having to write a similar application in our intellectual property. Intercom built in allows us to gather all kinds of application date on use of our service, reporting on areas that clients are having trouble with and focus on delivering a better in-app experience. It is a must have for Software Developers and product managers.

Intercom review by Andrii P.
Andrii P.

"fast, intuitive, multi-purpose"

What do you like best?

They always improve intercom adding new features. Great customer support that help to solve problems and suggest best way of using Intercom.

What do you dislike?

Not flexible filters. You can choose rule match "all" / "any" to all, but there's no combining for multi-filtering. For example - I'd like to choose users with 3 custom data fields, and three countries. If I set "All", I'll got rule that will give me users with these custom fields and three countries mark at a time. If you familiar with this situation - you'll get 0 users, because they can't belong to three different countries at a time.

Another scenario - I choose "ANY". System will give me bundle of 6 user groups, that match first custom data, second custom data, third custom data, first country, second country, third country.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ukrainian language

engaging, automatization, qualifying leads, support with customers

Intercom review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Beautiful interface - that's about it."

What do you like best?

I really like the graphics and design of the product. It's eye-catching, pretty, modern, and looks really legit!

What do you dislike?

I really dislike their customer support and easy of use. It's... pretty bad. The customer support pretty much tells you that your support articles look great after you ask for recommendations - yet their own support site articles are very intensely organized, and there are definitely a lot of tips they can use. The interface of their support articles is very very simple, but so much that you can't customize it to make it not overwhelming for your clients.

Chat is okay, but conversations easily get lost with all of the different buckets you can place them in and people you can assign them to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider that their isn't much to do with their support article center. It's very very simple. If your employees aren't very self-sufficient, you may run into issues because Intercom does not have a great support center themselves - it's kind of ironic.

We're solving customer support! We use Intercom for chat, and are soon moving to using them for all of our emails and phone calls as well.

Intercom review by Ewa S.
Ewa S.

"Intercom is great tool for tracking all your conversations with users"

What do you like best?

Intercom is easy to use, even if you need to do some complex things. Also Intercom's customer support is very fast to respond, friendly and helpful also with very technical stuff.

What do you dislike?

Although e-mail automation is great, if you like to create very complex automation set up may take some time. E-mail creator hasn't many options and more advanced templates has to be done as html.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you look for a tool for your Customer support, it's great solution. However if you are marketer there are a lot of all in one tools including e-mail marketing, landing pages builders and much more which have better design customisation available with less developers support needed.

Customer Support Requests, E-mail communication with our customers, CRM for leads and customers.

Intercom review by Jesse W.
Jesse W.