Intermapper

Intermapper

Intermapper is a user-friendly tool that helps IT professionals map and monitor their networks in real time. Find and fix performance issues before users are impacted with auto-discovery, Layer 2 mapping, custom alerts, and more.

Work for Intermapper?

Showing 52 Intermapper reviews
Intermapper review by <span>Raymond K.</span>
Raymond K.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Intermapper is a great easy to use monitoring tool that allows us the user to effectively monitor any size network. Great notification feature with various options for delaying or modifying how outages and critical devices get reported.

Inetermapper also has very good charting options that allow you to chart single and multiple interfaces on a chart. Again ample options for customization.

What do you dislike?

A challenge when using Intermapper is it a bit cumbersome creating customized charts. For some reason when moving/combining multiple interfaces onto one chart it refuses to move. Sometimes finding the proper probe for some devices is also challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For monitoring network devices and wireless bridges this product works.

We find it beneficial that multiple users can access, modify, manage and receive customized notifications based admin level

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Brooke Furry of Intermapper

Hi Raymond. Thank you so much for your review. It’s awesome to hear that you’re benefitting from Intermapper’s flexible monitoring, as well as the option to share access with multiple users.

We’ll soon be revamping our user-contributed probes library, which should make it easier for you to find the probes you need and create your own.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble creating customized charts. You should be able to easily drag multiple data charts into one chart. Try changing the prefix/scale of the graph to make it smaller. The data may be there; it just may not be large enough to show. If you’re still having issues, our support team is happy to help.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Intermapper
Intermapper review by <span>Bill G.</span>
Bill G.

Intermapper provides great insight

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Intermapper is very easy to set up with a clean user interface, It allows you to set up probe groups so you can monitor the same device for multiple things: WMI disk size, SNMP response, http traffic, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes setting up the same settings for multiple devices can be tedious. Once you're finished, it's easy to maintain, but that initial setup is a lot of work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think bulk operations would make Intermapper a lot better. For example, if I want to set up the same type of probe with the same credentials on ten different devices, that can be a lot of work. Having the ability to roll that out with a bulk operation would make life a lot easier. The way we back up the database is also a little clunky. I think a backup utility that would allow us to back up everything we need into one zip file would be great.

We were tired of finding out that a site was down or that we were running low on disk space after an issue was reported from an end-user. Now we can be proactive with issues and we know about them before they turn into something significant. It has decreased our downtime because we catch the potential issue before it becomes one.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

Intermapper review by <span>Jim C.</span>
Jim C.

Long time user

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Very quick and easy to setup a map of your network. The first time you let InterMapper automatically discover your network, it is quite breathtaking. There is no other software package that can do this a well as InterMapper. The historical data on your network is stored very efficiently, you can quickly reference uptime on devices as well as bandwidth usage and other specifics on your server/router/switch use.

What do you dislike?

If you don't want to use the map view, the list view is kind of clunky. But why use the list view?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get demo first, do a scan of your network, then remove all but the relevant monitoring points to determine your license requirements. You really don't need to monitor every little thing to get a useful and accurate map. For example I will map a router, then a device or 2 on the other side of the router to show it's working.

Provide a visual reference of my network topology, checking network assets for uptime and other issues. I have this map on a monitor on the wall of my office and anyone can walk by and see how systems are doing. I also let anybody access the map web page Intermapper automatically sets up so they can see network status. The ability of the users to know

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Brooke Furry of Intermapper

Hi Jim. Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I’m glad you’ve found the maps valuable. And I love hearing that you’re publicly displaying your maps for others in the organization to see.

As far as the list view goes, any time you want to make mass updates to your maps, the list view would be the way to do that. It gives you options if you want to make changes to probes, thresholds, policies, etc., on a mass scale, and you can sort by the specific criteria you’re interested in. It’s pretty straightforward. If there’s any other criteria you would like to be able to sort by in that view, you can contact our support team at support.intermapper@helpsystems.com.

Thanks again for reviewing Intermapper!

Intermapper review by <span>Seth B.</span>
Seth B.

Intermapper for Network Monitoring

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We use InterMapper to monitor our internal network. I love that it sends me alerts when there is a switch or network down. The Network "Flows" licence is awesome as well to see traffic flow when trying to troubleshoot a network issue. I also like that you can have a bunch f different maps I have 5-8 different maps that I monitor.

What do you dislike?

I know this seems silly but the graphics kind of look like they are from the 80's which does not make it super visually appealing. also, it is kind of cumbersome to deal with licencing as sometimes you have to deal with customer support to get some licences switched to different users

I needed a way to monitor my network will little effort and lots of info and this product delivers! I also really enjoy the alert and audio notifications that it gives you!

Intermapper review by <span>Geoff B.</span>
Geoff B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the ability to set up a double click action on devices. That way I can log right in to routers and switches with Putty or open a webpage for a UPS or RDP to a server. I also like the charts. I use them to look at bandwidth utilization on WAN links over time.

What do you dislike?

I'm not crazy about flows as they just show you top N. I also can't always find a probe to monitor SNMP on certain devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing your network. Just get it. It's reasonably priced too!

I get a quick and dirty view of problem devices on the network. I can spot these devices and fix them many times before the users even notice. I can also use the charts to prove that I might need more bandwidth at certain locations.

Intermapper review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

Made for networking not help desk

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the status windows and how it can be configured for almost anything. Monitoring PC's and printers on it. There are lots of windows packages with lots of useful data. Also like how the maps can make it clear where things are for new help desk staff. like how I can integrate it with other software. The online help is very responsive, however not always the most useful. Some are great and will work with you until the issue is fully solved. Where as others will just send a generic reply and leave you never to be heard from again.

What do you dislike?

Dislike how much we need to configure ourselves. Feel like there should be a little more control built in so that the monitoring us more useful .I.e wake over LAN. If it can't read while asleep whats the point. I do wish the standard status window was a little more appealing. As if this was to be left open in at the front of a help desk it would be a little nicer to show more than a grey box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to invest some time to make it work for your use, its a great program will just take time and integration to get to a point where it can be used on a daily basis.

a Lot of monitoring, such as paper levels in printers and status of PC's and software installed.

Its good for this, but not great, am having to do a lot of work ot make it useful for monitoring from a help desk.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Brooke Furry of Intermapper

Thank you for your thoughtful review! It’s great to hear positive feedback on your experience with Intermapper, especially with teaching new help desk staff where things are located.

We are making updates to the status window and look forward to sharing those with you in upcoming releases.

Intermapper’s focus is infrastructure monitoring, while Wake-on-LAN is more of a troubleshooting tool. If you want to troubleshoot potential issues with Intermapper, you can create a helper application that launches from within the map. You’ll find more information about how to do this in the user guide.

Our support team strives to answer questions in a timely manner, so I’m sorry to hear you haven’t always been happy with the level of support you’ve received. If you have any outstanding, please do get in touch with our support team directly so we can help you resolve them.

Learn more about Intermapper

Intermapper Videos

Learning about Intermapper?

* We monitor all Intermapper reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Intermapper to Similar Solutions