Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer - Web Browser for Microsoft Windows

Work for Internet Explorer?

Learning about Internet Explorer?

Internet Explorer Reviews

Showing 113 Internet Explorer reviews
Internet Explorer review by <span>Ethan B.</span>
Ethan B.

Internet Explorer Review

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Internet Explorer has always been a great browser, mostly because it seems to always have the tools to easily run a variety of different things online. It seems like whenever I use Chrome and or Safari, sometimes they have issues with certain files. In particular, I work with FTP sites that work only with Explorer. Also, the Internet Options in Explorer work great when changing settings. For instance, yesterday I couldn't get my Outlook emails to open in Chrome, even after making Chrome my default browser. I decided to make Explorer my browser, and everything worked perfectly. When it comes to stability and ease of use, Explorer is tough to beat.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the physical appearance of Explorer could use an update. I feel like Chrome looks more appealing to the eye, and Explorer always has felt slightly outdated with their menu systems. If Explorer added more of a clean look with more white space and new icons, I think more people would be inclined to use it over browsers like Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explorer is probably the most reliable browser when it comes to working with data and FTP sites. Our company uses a lot of automotive dealer portals and FTP sites that always have restrictions that don't work with Chrome and Safari. Explorer basically solves all of these problems.

Explorer is my go to for FTP sites here at work. A lot of times I have to work with data files and spreadsheets than simply will not work with anything besides Internet Explorer, so without it, I would be in big trouble. A know everybody has a preference on their browser, and I have used everything from Firefox, Safari, Chrome, to Explorer. When it comes to reliability in the workplace, I would highly recommend Internet Explorer over the other browsers.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer review by User in Banking
User in Banking

Okay for Certain Things

What do you like best?

Let me start off by saying that I have been a regular user of Internet Explorer for as many years as I can remember. I like best that it is reliable - I experience way fewer crashes when using Internet Explorer than I do with similar internet browsers. Also, I like that Internet Explorer is quick to load the web pages. This is very important - especially in a time like this when so many people spend so much money on fast internet speeds, if you have an internet browser that is slow, it defeats the purpose. Bottom line, when Internet Explorer works and is compatible with a web page, it is the fastest and best internet browser that there is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Internet Explorer isn't compatible with all internet websites! It is so frustrating when you are doing something in Internet Explorer and then go to checkout or save what you are working on and it won't allow you to click the button and proceed - or even worse, it crashes and you lose everything you are working on. Also, I don't like that Internet Explorer isn't compatible with MAC or Android devices, unlike some similar internet browsers that are compatible with several or all operating systems! In this age, people are using so many different devices to browse the internet - since Internet Explorer is only compatible with the Windows operating system, it really limits how much I use this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Internet Explorer if you are looking for a fast internet browser. While Internet Explorer is not compatible with all web sites, I have found that it is usually compatible with more web sites than the other leading internet browsers. Therefor, Internet Explorer is always my first recommendation for an internet browser. I also recommend Internet Explorer because of its security. I have found it to have the best pop-up blocker - so, if you like to watch movies or things like that on your internet browser, I recommend Internet Explorer since its pop-up blocker will save you from viruses and adware.

Internet Explorer is a huge benefit to our company simply because of its speed in loading web pages. In an era like today when so much work is done via the internet, it is almost necessary to have a fast web browser in order to be efficient. The last thing you want to do is be in a time crunch, in the middle of working on something important and be stuck waiting forever for your internet browser to load a web page. Internet Explorer's superior speed has proven to be a huge benefit and time saver to our everyday work.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Browser solution do you use?

Internet Explorer review by User in Higher Education

Not as good a Chrome

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly and very clickable. It integrates well with Outlook, MS Office Online, OneDrive, and even Skype. Surprisingly, I like it MUCH better than it's new replacement "Edge." It does seem to do well with basic website and it is very user friendly/clickable.

What do you dislike?

I hate Bing! Oh, how I loathe that search engine. Also, it tends to have random updates which suddenly don't work with certain website features. For example, we use WECM website which has a dynamic table on the homepage which will not display with IE. It is frustrating because, if you are unfamiliar with the website in the first place, you won't even know if you're missing something. If you are familiar, then you don't know if it's a website issue or an IE issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would honestly suggest using Chrome until IE can figure out how to handle the updates in conjunction with website loading and dynamic web content/features. I'd also highly suggest -if you must use IE- to change the default search engine from Bing to Google. You won't regret it!!

Currently, we are actually instructing our staff to use Chrome instead of IE due to the issues with the most recent update which causes websites to either crash or hang.

Internet Explorer review by <span>Taylor W.</span>
Taylor W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Internet Explorer had a wide range of tools that they offer to their users. Some of these tools include; smart screen filter and pop-up blocker. The pop-up blocker is useful when you have cookies enabled and don't want to be bothered by other products popping up on your screen while trying to do some work.

What do you dislike?

With Internet Explorer, sometimes the user is unable to print full screen documents on their printer. The aspect ratio when printing pictures fails and the pictures come out pixelated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations to others prior to using Internet Explorer are that Internet Explorer has many compatibility setting that allow the user to navigate on virtually any page without disruption of content. Internet Explorer also has many add-on features that allow you to enable and disable any and all add-ons. My favorite are: Adblock, evernote, and blur. These three add-ons allow a safer navigation and dictation for whatever browsing you'll be doing on the internet. Lastly, Internet Explorer is an essential browsing platform that introduces the user to a wide range of news, search engines, media, sharing platforms, and almost anything that you need.

Surfing the web is the fastest and easiest way to obtain information, read emails, and educate yourself on news topics. Simply, the problem that I am solving is when I need answers, I rely on Internet Explorer to link me to the web and different search engines like google and yahoo. The benefits of using Internet Explorer is that it work on all different types of computers and operating systems.

Internet Explorer review by <span>Veronica G.</span>
Veronica G.

My IE Review

What do you like best?

There is absolutely nothing I like about this product.

What do you dislike?

How Microsoft forces you to use this product when you buy a new computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. I am forced to use it in order to use inner software to perform my job duties. I'd rather use anything other than Internet Explorer.

None because I prefer to use Google Chrome or Firefox.

Internet Explorer review by User in Hospital & Health Care

Crashes a lot!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is compatible with certain programs that my hospital uses (where Google Chrome is not yet compatible).

What do you dislike?

It crashes and freezes a lot! It is also obviously slower than Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't really "recommend" Internet Explorer if you're just looking around for a browser. I have to use it daily only because it is the default at my work and Chrome is not compatible with some programs I must use. Should IE improve its speed and fix its frequent crashing problem, I would start considering recommending it then.

I use it daily to run programs for viewing patient documents and internal reports on issues.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Internet Explorer?

* We monitor all Internet Explorer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.