Internet Explorer

2.1

Internet Explorer - Web Browser for Microsoft Windows

Work for Internet Explorer?

Learning about Internet Explorer?

Internet Explorer Reviews

Ask Internet Explorer a Question
Showing 117 Internet Explorer reviews
Internet Explorer review by Mark P.
Mark P.

"Stubborn and often disliked, but can be useful"

What do you like best?

It does all the basic things you'd want a web browser to do. It loads most web pages accurately and with decent speed. I can usually load the latest web technologies and web styling elements. Since it's one of the most widely used browsers, it can be expected that most major websites will program their sites with Internet Explorer in mind and make sure that their web pages are compatible with it. Internet Explorer is usually easy to access since it often comes free with new Windows installs.

What do you dislike?

Security can be an issue at times. I feel that I tend to get more viruses and malware with Windows. Since it's one of the most widely used browsers, it's possible that spam and other malware will be created with Internet Explorer in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't like Internet Explorer, I think it's still worth it to have for testing websites or as a backup in case an older site doesn't seem to load properly on a different web browser.

I can browse the internet and do research, go on social media and watch videos with relative ease. Doing typical web activities and going mainly to major trusted websites is usually fine. I can add extensions to further enhance capabilities at various websites. For security, I can set the browser to the clear whenever I close the browser.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer review by Ethan B.
Ethan B.

"Internet Explorer Review"

What do you like best?

Internet Explorer has always been a great browser, mostly because it seems to always have the tools to easily run a variety of different things online. It seems like whenever I use Chrome and or Safari, sometimes they have issues with certain files. In particular, I work with FTP sites that work only with Explorer. Also, the Internet Options in Explorer work great when changing settings. For instance, yesterday I couldn't get my Outlook emails to open in Chrome, even after making Chrome my default browser. I decided to make Explorer my browser, and everything worked perfectly. When it comes to stability and ease of use, Explorer is tough to beat.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the physical appearance of Explorer could use an update. I feel like Chrome looks more appealing to the eye, and Explorer always has felt slightly outdated with their menu systems. If Explorer added more of a clean look with more white space and new icons, I think more people would be inclined to use it over browsers like Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explorer is probably the most reliable browser when it comes to working with data and FTP sites. Our company uses a lot of automotive dealer portals and FTP sites that always have restrictions that don't work with Chrome and Safari. Explorer basically solves all of these problems.

Explorer is my go to for FTP sites here at work. A lot of times I have to work with data files and spreadsheets than simply will not work with anything besides Internet Explorer, so without it, I would be in big trouble. A know everybody has a preference on their browser, and I have used everything from Firefox, Safari, Chrome, to Explorer. When it comes to reliability in the workplace, I would highly recommend Internet Explorer over the other browsers.

What Browser solution do you use?

Internet Explorer review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Okay for Certain Things"

What do you like best?

Let me start off by saying that I have been a regular user of Internet Explorer for as many years as I can remember. I like best that it is reliable - I experience way fewer crashes when using Internet Explorer than I do with similar internet browsers. Also, I like that Internet Explorer is quick to load the web pages. This is very important - especially in a time like this when so many people spend so much money on fast internet speeds, if you have an internet browser that is slow, it defeats the purpose. Bottom line, when Internet Explorer works and is compatible with a web page, it is the fastest and best internet browser that there is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Internet Explorer isn't compatible with all internet websites! It is so frustrating when you are doing something in Internet Explorer and then go to checkout or save what you are working on and it won't allow you to click the button and proceed - or even worse, it crashes and you lose everything you are working on. Also, I don't like that Internet Explorer isn't compatible with MAC or Android devices, unlike some similar internet browsers that are compatible with several or all operating systems! In this age, people are using so many different devices to browse the internet - since Internet Explorer is only compatible with the Windows operating system, it really limits how much I use this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Internet Explorer if you are looking for a fast internet browser. While Internet Explorer is not compatible with all web sites, I have found that it is usually compatible with more web sites than the other leading internet browsers. Therefor, Internet Explorer is always my first recommendation for an internet browser. I also recommend Internet Explorer because of its security. I have found it to have the best pop-up blocker - so, if you like to watch movies or things like that on your internet browser, I recommend Internet Explorer since its pop-up blocker will save you from viruses and adware.

Internet Explorer is a huge benefit to our company simply because of its speed in loading web pages. In an era like today when so much work is done via the internet, it is almost necessary to have a fast web browser in order to be efficient. The last thing you want to do is be in a time crunch, in the middle of working on something important and be stuck waiting forever for your internet browser to load a web page. Internet Explorer's superior speed has proven to be a huge benefit and time saver to our everyday work.

Internet Explorer review by User in Higher Education

"Not as good a Chrome"

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly and very clickable. It integrates well with Outlook, MS Office Online, OneDrive, and even Skype. Surprisingly, I like it MUCH better than it's new replacement "Edge." It does seem to do well with basic website and it is very user friendly/clickable.

What do you dislike?

I hate Bing! Oh, how I loathe that search engine. Also, it tends to have random updates which suddenly don't work with certain website features. For example, we use WECM website which has a dynamic table on the homepage which will not display with IE. It is frustrating because, if you are unfamiliar with the website in the first place, you won't even know if you're missing something. If you are familiar, then you don't know if it's a website issue or an IE issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would honestly suggest using Chrome until IE can figure out how to handle the updates in conjunction with website loading and dynamic web content/features. I'd also highly suggest -if you must use IE- to change the default search engine from Bing to Google. You won't regret it!!

Currently, we are actually instructing our staff to use Chrome instead of IE due to the issues with the most recent update which causes websites to either crash or hang.

Internet Explorer review by Taylor W.
Taylor W.

"Internet Explorer is a fast and easy way to surf the web."

What do you like best?

Internet Explorer had a wide range of tools that they offer to their users. Some of these tools include; smart screen filter and pop-up blocker. The pop-up blocker is useful when you have cookies enabled and don't want to be bothered by other products popping up on your screen while trying to do some work.

What do you dislike?

With Internet Explorer, sometimes the user is unable to print full screen documents on their printer. The aspect ratio when printing pictures fails and the pictures come out pixelated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations to others prior to using Internet Explorer are that Internet Explorer has many compatibility setting that allow the user to navigate on virtually any page without disruption of content. Internet Explorer also has many add-on features that allow you to enable and disable any and all add-ons. My favorite are: Adblock, evernote, and blur. These three add-ons allow a safer navigation and dictation for whatever browsing you'll be doing on the internet. Lastly, Internet Explorer is an essential browsing platform that introduces the user to a wide range of news, search engines, media, sharing platforms, and almost anything that you need.

Surfing the web is the fastest and easiest way to obtain information, read emails, and educate yourself on news topics. Simply, the problem that I am solving is when I need answers, I rely on Internet Explorer to link me to the web and different search engines like google and yahoo. The benefits of using Internet Explorer is that it work on all different types of computers and operating systems.

Internet Explorer review by Veronica G.
Veronica G.

"My IE Review"

What do you like best?

There is absolutely nothing I like about this product.

What do you dislike?

How Microsoft forces you to use this product when you buy a new computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. I am forced to use it in order to use inner software to perform my job duties. I'd rather use anything other than Internet Explorer.

None because I prefer to use Google Chrome or Firefox.

Internet Explorer review by Fion C.
Fion C.

"Internet Explorer"

What do you like best?

Longest history of explorer. Most common and everyone is used to it.

What do you dislike?

Can't do much on it. Unlike other software, it has no plugin or other software that can link to it.

Company internal website, ADP, daily browsing. Fast and commonly used.

Internet Explorer review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Crashes a lot!"

What do you like best?

It is compatible with certain programs that my hospital uses (where Google Chrome is not yet compatible).

What do you dislike?

It crashes and freezes a lot! It is also obviously slower than Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't really "recommend" Internet Explorer if you're just looking around for a browser. I have to use it daily only because it is the default at my work and Chrome is not compatible with some programs I must use. Should IE improve its speed and fix its frequent crashing problem, I would start considering recommending it then.

I use it daily to run programs for viewing patient documents and internal reports on issues.

Internet Explorer review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Microsoft internet explorer aka EDGE"

What do you like best?

I like that this automatically comes reinstalled on my windows device. I then use it to install my favorite browser

What do you dislike?

It is slow. Edge always tells me to switch to it as my main internet browser. it is slow and boring. NO AD ONS. NO ADBLOCK

Recommendations to others considering the product

they need to allow ad ons

I used edge to to install my favorite browser. So it has solved that problem

Internet Explorer review by Arvind K.
Arvind K.

"User Of Internet Explorer"

What do you like best?

It is very important to know that Internet Explorer is available for free , It has reached all the nations with internet connectivity , It is also present by default with any version of Windows operating system , Some sites can only be opened specifically for IE and now Internet Explorer is still the most widely used browser worldwide .

What do you dislike?

There are limited options for customization in Internet Explorer , Compared to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox .Users may face an issue regarding the speed of Internet Explorer.Alternating various features of Internet Explorer through plugins and extensions are not that possible with internet Explorer.

The versions 9 and above of Internet Explorer use HTML 5, which enhances browsing experience. This lets a user stream videos and audios exempting any requirements of installing additional plugins IE being one of the oldest and conventional web browsers support a broad array of applications, which some modern web browsers may not support. IE aids in reopening latest browsing sessions, which a user might have accidentally closed.

Internet Explorer review by User in Textiles
User in Textiles

"Internet Explorer Review"

What do you like best?

I like Internet Explorer because it has ALWAYS been around. Everyone says Chrome is better, but it is just such a habit to use Internet Explorer. It is easy to use and I know my way around it. It's the OG of internet browsers.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything specific that I dislike about Internet Explorer so I do not really have anything negative to say.

I do not for say "solve business problems." Have not really noticed any new benefits to Internet Explorer. Everything appears to all be there like it was before - Just with a new twist.

Internet Explorer review by Jake W.
Jake W.

"Microsoft edge is slow"

What do you like best?

This browser comes preinstalled on every windows machine. That is the best thing I can say about it.

What do you dislike?

Its is very slow and it lacks adons. Everyone uses this browser to install chrome

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to fix a number of issues

I solved my browsing issue by using this browser to install chrome.

Internet Explorer review by Angela S.
Angela S.

"Internet Usage"

What do you like best?

The internet being the "go to" for almost all or most of my and my colleges source for information

What do you dislike?

The ads that are inappropriate or any scams type sites that pop up or advertise

Recommendations to others considering the product

Google chrome and current windows 10 if recommending

Questions that guests need answered right away or that the web has the answer too and we can help them.The major benefit is its quick to access web for information.

Internet Explorer review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love Internet Explorer because it's fast and easy to use. The search engine is easy. I never have any issues. Most of the programs I use for work are compatible with Internet Explorer.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this. It is great and there is nothing I would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just keep improving. You always come up with ideas that blow my mind.

Internet Explorer is the only product that is compatible with Avidxchange. It works very well.

Internet Explorer review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Easy to use browser."

What do you like best?

It is easy to use browser that allows us to use any website. It is a free search engine to use and it is simple to use and learn.

What do you dislike?

It may lag some searches or it will not restore tabs if it shuts down unexpected. Download speeds can vary and take longer than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple to use but it might be slower.

It allows us to run our server and bring in clients.

Internet Explorer review by William D.
William D.

"Internet Explorer has been around for ages."

What do you like best?

IE is the default Microsoft Browser which means it or its follow up Edge aren't going anywhere.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow and cumbersome and is past it's prime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for something faster, but keep IE in your back pocket incase updates break java, etc.. in your other browsers.

IE is the defacto browser, but users tend to gravitate towards Chrome or Firefox instead.

Internet Explorer review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Its an oldie but goodie!"

What do you like best?

Call me old fashioned, but am still using Internet Explorer because it is smart and fast, and know what I want! It is quick to load and quick to search. The graphics load quick and look great too

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it still works the same as always and I love it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with it! Others try to compare, but IE is the best! Quick, easy and familiar - that is what I like

Its great for researching, phone number look up, news & weather quickly when Hurricane season is here! I use it to research products, feedback, and even recipes.

Internet Explorer review by Cassondra J.
Cassondra J.

"IE Review"

What do you like best?

Able to access our website applications only on this platform.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow. do not like the interface as much as other browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for basic web browsing and use for business

Using browser to access sites that cannot be accessed using other web browsers.

Internet Explorer review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"There are better alternatives than IE"

What do you like best?

We are able to access some website features or applications only with this browser

What do you dislike?

Personally I prefer other browsers e.g Chrome or Firefox, IE is slow from my point of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to use other browser preferably Firefox or Chrome

As I mentioned the only benefit I can see the fact that some website features or applications are accessible only from this browser

Internet Explorer review by Elizabeth L.
Elizabeth L.

"Best for some websites."

What do you like best?

There are certain websites that we use at work that only work on Internet Explorer. The product is simple and easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

There are some programs we use that work better on Chrome. Additionally, some of our programs only work on old versions of Internet Explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out all of the tabs and see what your options are for use.

Utilizing programs that work best with Internet Explorer and just searching the internet seamlessly.

Internet Explorer review by Dhruvakumar R G.
Dhruvakumar R G.

"Its okay!"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about this is compatibility and can be used on a PC with minimal config.

What do you dislike?

Almost everything. It doesn't seem to compete with other browsers available in the market.

Nothing!

Internet Explorer review by Israel L.
Israel L.

"Same old features pushing for Bing use"

What do you like best?

Nothing really, their competitors offer every same solution in a better way

What do you dislike?

Old interface. Keep pushing to use Bing search engine

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most people know Internet explorer so consider going mainstream for ease of use

Websurfing. Sharesites

Internet Explorer review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"It gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It gets the job done. It's a great backup to chrome.

What do you dislike?

It's not as user-friendly. I don't like bing and it is a default browser.

It's great for information gathering.

Internet Explorer review by Barry M.
Barry M.

"Always behind the times and requires coding workarounds"

What do you like best?

Any PC computer I access will have this browser so I know it will exist anywhere I go.

What do you dislike?

Anytime we're developing webpages for any purpose, we have to code to multiple browsers, Internet Explorer (or as we used to call it when I worked in tech support in the 1990's, "Internet EXPLODER") is a browser that constantly requires workarounds and special pieces of code to make it work - and then it still doesn't work as well as Chrome or Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Chrome and set it as your default browser. It will give you a better overall experience, is easier on CPU resources and overall a much better product. Use IE only for testing or as a backup.

We don't use IE very much in our office except when testing code because we know it will always be the last browser to receive new features and the first browser to cause issues with new websites.

Internet Explorer review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Internet Explorer"

What do you like best?

I like that it is free software and that is compatible with other Microsoft products, because it is made by the same company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike everything about this product. It is slow. It crashed a lot. It is not intuitive. It constantly requires updates. It is just not a good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to Chrome or Firefox

None. My company only uses this product to launch Citrix and then we never use it again.

Internet Explorer review by User

"A slow browser"

What do you like best?

I like the colors and the logo of the software internet explorer

What do you dislike?

I do not like the speed of the software internet explorer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful

Web browsing

Internet Explorer review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"The browser I use to download another one"

What do you like best?

The only thing I really like about IE is that it allows you to access the internet. It has gotten better over time, but it's still not on the same level as Chrome or Firefox. It comes as the default with Windows so it's only used either by default or a website still requires IE to be used for proper viewing.

What do you dislike?

Where to really begin on this question. The main thing I don't like about IE is that even after all these years, it still feels clunky. That's taking into account that it is trying to be other browsers at this point. It also doesn't display various pages correctly without playing with settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally don't use IE unless I have to. That doesn't mean it's a poor browser, but it still has a long way to go before it can take what market share it lost, back. It's taking a good step in streamlining how it looks and making it run faster overall.

Internet Explorer really only solves one issue and that is that it allows you to view websites that are specifically geared towards it. Government websites are typically geared towards IE (not all, but quite a few) and this is one of the few times I am required to use it.

"IE browser review"

What do you like best?

it is the most popular browser on the market, most applications are working fine on it. Easy to manage security, cookies, passwords etc. Range of additional features it could be used with.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be very slow and sometimes not so easy to adjust your image if you want to print directly from the web page.

Good browser even if sometimes slow, still leader on whicjh most applications are running without any issues.

Internet Explorer review by Hannah M.
Hannah M.

"Internet explorer use"

What do you like best?

It is familiar and easy to use, can use work programs on it

What do you dislike?

can crash, be slow, not as updated as chrome or firefox

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is still usable, but becoming outdated with programs such as google chrome

use certain apps for work that I can only use on IE

Internet Explorer review by Administrator

"The Best Web Browser"

What do you like best?

I am use to using IE and I've tried other browsers, but I like this one the best. It's easy to use and I would recommend it to anyone.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike about IE.

I use IE to look up information on some of our clients information that isn't in our system. The benefits that I realize is that it makes my job easier because I don't have to make as many phone calls.

Internet Explorer review by User in Research
User in Research

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, it does work, easy customization

What do you dislike?

It lags, it shuts down randomly, certain webpages won't load

Recommendations to others considering the product

it gets the job done.

Ability to surf the web and access websites

Internet Explorer review by Harry L.
Harry L.

"Once great but seems to have been left behind"

What do you like best?

It still works as a browser and is reliable with all the functions you would expect from ie. I am sure long term this will be rectified but it strikes me that they have tried to oppose the tide for too long and it is about time that they launched and new version more in line with where we all need it / would like to see it be.

What do you dislike?

Most of the SaaS based applications I use from CRM to Marketing and BI simply do not operate at their optimum in ie, To the point where many functions simply will not operate if entered through ie. Other options also allow for more advanced collaboration options such as email and feeds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Effective with good Security and browser options but just does not work well with many leading SaaS applications. Watch for future edition as I a sure they will get it right in the end.

To launch SaaS applications across the company with optimum performance and access to all features within the software.

Internet Explorer review by Tracey S.
Tracey S.

"Still using Internet Explorer but don't know for how long!"

What do you like best?

I like that most of the websites and web tools that I use work with Microsoft Internet Explorer. (I am using IE 10 on Windows 7.) I like the "Favorites" feature of Internet Explorer. I'm still using IE because a few programs I use only work with IE but that list is diminishing slowly.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I have to hunt and hunt and hunt for settings in too many places for IE. I waste too much time trying to find settings that need to be changed from time to time. It would be so much easier if all of the settings were in one place. It is confusing that there are 2 types for all new IE versions: 32-bit and 64-bit. Is that really still necessary? Also, they still need to work on the HTML5 support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you access a lot of HTML5 sites, I'd probably recommend Google Chrome over Internet Explorer. I'm heading in that direction myself.

I use browsers probably at least 5 hours a day working on various projects for eLearning and testing of eLearning, etc. and that's just at work. I probably use a browser a few more hours at home. I use browsers mostly for research and testing.

Internet Explorer review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Internet Explorer Review"

What do you like best?

Many of our older in-house applications can only be run on IE, making it a necessary evil for use.

What do you dislike?

Internet Explorer is completely unsupported, buggy, and slow.

As mentioned above, able to use in-house applications as a result of its existence.

Internet Explorer review by Brittany T.
Brittany T.

"Not worth the headache"

What do you like best?

I can honestly say as a web development company IE delivers one of the most annoying user experiences I have ever seen. I have seen things working in numerous other browsers and not in IE. It makes things skewed and wrong in many ways.

What do you dislike?

There are so many things I do not like about IE it will be hard to name just one but seriously bookmarks are the hardest thing to find and use. The one feature that should be a big deal for a browser is conspicuously hard to use and find!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try another browser. Chrome is by far a better user experience than any other browser that I use.

While I don’t like IE there are many that do so as a business we have used the IE browser to make sure that we are compatible with all versions of computers.

Internet Explorer review by User in Military
User in Military

"This is functional as an internet browser, though preferably only as a last resort."

What do you like best?

Easily used to access and install a functional browser such as Chrome, or Firefox. Like all other browsers, this product is free.

What do you dislike?

Terrible compatibility, somewhat slower-than-average load times. Not infrequent program crashing. Large memory footprint. User interface is not particularly intuitive, though the basic features are easily accessible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly consider your other options.

Microsoft internet explorer is better than nothing.

Internet Explorer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy and way to browse the web"

What do you like best?

Microsoft edge can be slow at times. I like the user interface.

What do you dislike?

I do not like them to keep asking me to change my default browser. I do not like the crashes that happen

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to fix a few thing but over all its great

I solve my web browsing issues while using this software.

Internet Explorer review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"Internet Explorer"

What do you like best?

IE is a good tool for testing how your website runs in it because so many people still rely on IE. It has your basic needs for a web browser.

What do you dislike?

As the new versions of IE are released it breaks a lot of sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IE has the market around the world, but needs to innovate to continue to stay ahead of some of the better browsers that have emerged, especially for technology companies.

Testing website developments/features on different browsers. IE is used by so many people around the world, it needs to be a standard for website display.

Internet Explorer review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Internet explorer"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and navigate. Almost all websites work on internet explorer

What do you dislike?

Internet explorer can be very slow at times

I typically use internet explorer to research. I also need to to connect to many of the applications we use at work

Internet Explorer review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"good / old "

What do you like best?

it’s been around for long to get it done

What do you dislike?

some compatibility issues come up frequently

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like having the option to use explorer for differentiating online searches from my main use of chrome... but expect some possible compatibility issues....

www connectivity

Internet Explorer review by Avni S.
Avni S.

"Revolutionary Browser that has gone down the drain considerably."

What do you like best?

The best aspect of this browser is it's longevity. It's been around for years and is still around despite the emergence of mozilla/Chrome.

What do you dislike?

The fact that the browser still is vurnerable to internet threats i.e Viruses. I have put my computer at risk whenever I have used this browser. There are just way to many security flaws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have been using Internet Explorer since the early days and still feel like its a good browser for your needs, then stick to it.

I don't think there are too many benefits. In my opinion the cons outweigh the pros.

Internet Explorer review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Easy to use and used to be my go to browser! "

What do you like best?

User friendly, bookmarks, able to easily block cookies.

What do you dislike?

Pop ups! Also lots of viruses were able to come through. I also didn't like how easily it would slow down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for Chrome or Safari. They're much better products.

Not a lot of benefits, actually. I switched.

Internet Explorer review by Sapna P.
Sapna P.

"Microsoft's famed browser"

What do you like best?

Internet explorer has been around for a long time and it's a microsoft product so you automatically feel that would be good. I loved it when it first came out. Web pages would load fast and that was the biggest benefit.

What do you dislike?

Security has failed tremendously. When I used it, my computer picked up alot of threats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think security should really improve in the browser. I think there are better browsers to use.

Recognized browser that used to load pages faster.

Internet Explorer review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Maybe it's getting better"

What do you like best?

I think the only good thing that IE has going is that it has been around for a long time. Because of this it has allowed the company to gain advantages such as exclusive agreements with Microsoft, etc. Do to their relationships with different companies they have a minimum standard they must uphold, but this also is their downfall I believe.

What do you dislike?

Because IE is trying to keep up with the influx of new browsers into the market and new technologies being presented they are struggling during the testing and Q&A stages of there software. Each new IE explorer that they come out with might have plugged holes in the version before, but it comes with a whole new batch of dewsies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation truthfully is not to use it unless you are testing out the full page app for Windows 8. That I would consider testing, but IE has a long way to go before it is really fantastic.

Internet Explorer review by Kryz O.
Kryz O.

"Internet Explorer is behind the curve compared to Chrome and Firefox"

What do you like best?

Not much to say here. IE has long been push by Microsoft but never been as good as Firefox or Chome.

Some applications still insist on it, which is a shame

What do you dislike?

Its slow, crashes often and does not handle websites in a standard way. Chrome and Firefox are far more stable and usable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome or Firefox are a better option

none. I would go for firefox or chrome anyday

Internet Explorer review by User in Financial Services

"Explorer review"

What do you like best?

For the most part is pretty user friendly

What do you dislike?

Bing is not a very good search engine and explorer tends to freeze a lot

It will work for some websites when other browsers do not

Internet Explorer review by Ruban K.
Ruban K.

"No.1 web browser to download better browsers"

What do you like best?

IE has ruled the internet history for decades. Most of the current internet geeks' first browser would be IE. The way flash files and HTML elements are loaded is phenomenal. The security level is very high.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft, for some reason, failed in all their desktop based products since the inception of cloud computing. IE started falling once the open source communities were formed and released several other better browsers like Firefox and Chrome. The reason why people hate IE is the slowness. It's very slow to load a page, slow in operating. No easy customization. Hope they come back better with IE11.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't ever use it. Even if you use this browser, don't tell others that you are using IE.

Internet Explorer review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Universally HATED"

What do you like best?

It allows you to access the wonderful world wide web.

What do you dislike?

It's slow, clunky, chunky, funky, and needs a complete redo. It needed a redo from day one and it is still on the bottom of the barrel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pass. Don't use it unless you have no choice and even though try to find another way.

None. It's only around for a few applications that actually require IE... WHAT!?!

Internet Explorer review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"I..E. 11 is the only saving grace - trash everything before"

What do you like best?

Microsoft finally got something right since standards started to be enforced. This version is fast with built in tools to help the web developer.

What do you dislike?

It took so longer to get here. I still like the sleek trim view of Chrome better than the look of I.E.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It a good default browser for the newest flavor of Windows.

Web browser compatibility testing

Internet Explorer review by John O.
John O.

"Internet Explorer - I wish it wasn't so slow and clunky"

What do you like best?

The only thing I like about Internet Explorer is the ability to have a better experience with the web version of Microsoft Outlook. With that, I would say that it's much better than the alternatives (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)

What do you dislike?

There's a lot to dislike about IE. It's really slow loading, and tends to lock up due to the amount of stuff it downloads each time you open the browser. I wish it wasn't so clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No, I would not recommend IE to others.

We need to use IE to provide applications that work across multiple browsers and platforms.

Internet Explorer review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"IE 10+ is starting to move in the right direction - overall, a missed opportunity by MS"

What do you like best?

IE 10 is a breath of fresh air compared with IE 3-9. It was very nice that Mozilla Firefox and Netscape gave IE a run for their money, so Microsoft would start adopting standards. It's hard to say that much positive about IE, as its major features were done elsewhere first.

What do you dislike?

Strong-arm tactics over the years by Microsoft to push out other browser competitors. Administrating Microsoft products only will work in IE - even some Microsoft websites are "optimized" for IE. Web browser hacks have been a cottage industry, thanks to IE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is built-in to any Microsoft product. Test your web site against IE. Good luck - and I'm sorry about the myriad challenges you have to deal with in this regard. Google is your friend in finding workarounds...

Internet Explorer review by G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications
G2 Crowd User in Public Relations and Communications

"Not as good as it used to be "

What do you like best?

Fairly quick and a long history; displays well

What do you dislike?

Too many crashes with IE - have switched to Chrome. Once in a while I go back to IE, only to have it crash again, even after uninstalling, re-installing etc.

Not using as a business.

Internet Explorer review by Stefan B.
Stefan B.

"The browser that used to be the default, but not anymore"

What do you like best?

It is still required for some sites, so I keep it as the default browser in Windows.

What do you dislike?

Does not play well with current standard features and requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox, Safari and Chrome seem to be getting the most attention from web developers. I stick with Safari on OSX.

Looking at the occasional page that looks wrong in my current browser. I keep it mostly to stay compatible.

Internet Explorer review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"As a web designer it plagues my life with frustration."

What do you like best?

Absolutely nothing. Although, I love how microsoft acts like there's no problems with it and that the web design world is just up in the night.

What do you dislike?

Hmm lets see, everything that works in chrome, opera, firefox, and safari very often will not work in ie. This is extremely frustrating in the closing phases of designing a website. The phase of design that many know as 'cross-browser compatibility' has been born solely because of internet explorer. It's slow, it's frustrating, and it's incompatible with almost all new web design principles and code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider not supporting it within your crowd. It may be worth it just to leave it out of your cross-browser support.

Internet Explorer review by Winston K.
Winston K.

"Why bother?"

What do you like best?

There is nothing to like about Internet Explorer other than it's already installed on Windows.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't support the latest HTML/CSS standards, so many web pages don't render correctly in it. It is extremely slow compared to other browsers. Why would you want to spend more time waiting for the computer to think than necessary? It's a nightmare for web developers, who have to test everything twice to make sure their web pages work in Internet Explorer. And when they don't it usually forces you to build workarounds or drop your favorite effects from the web page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the flashy marketing get to you. Get your grandma to use Chrome instead!

Internet Explorer review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"No longer the industry standard for web browsing"

What do you like best?

I remember a time when everyone questioned why someone would venture away from IE to obscure browsers like Firefox or Chrome or.... Safari. Now, I can't think of a good reason to stay on IE other than to test for compatibility. In general, I've found everything to be compatible with IE and found good performance and reliability.

What do you dislike?

Add-ons aren't what they are on other browsers and can be difficult to manage. Speed, while good, is nowhere near what it is in Chrome and Firefox

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep IE around but give another browser a chance. Spread the love around

Internet Explorer review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"Would Not Recommend"

What do you like best?

Accessibility--because IE used to have a huge share of the market in web browsers, some sites seem to only work with (or are optimized to work with) Internet Explorer. Nevertheless, as IE´s market share fades, so too will this advantage.

What do you dislike?

Lack of add-ons/customizability/ease of use. In this era, we expect to be able to design things to run the way we want them to--including our web broswer. Sadly, IE is not intuitive and does not support the kind of features that other web browsers do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Internet Explorer is like the inferior cousin of Mozilla Firefox. It has less functionality, is less user friendly, and provides and overall inferior experience. Use Firefox instead (for Mac or PC)!

Internet Explorer review by Erin P.
Erin P.

"Adequate, but inferior to other browsers"

What do you like best?

Just that so many of our clients use it that diagnosing issues has become easier (since they’re almost always Explorer-related). I don’t love Explorer, but I’m not a mega-hater of it either, I just think other browsers are far superior.

What do you dislike?

Numerous performance / display issues with our client websites. I wish we didn’t have to design with Explorer in mind, but so many of my company’s users have it as their primary browser that we can’t seem to get away from it yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try other browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari…all better options.

Internet Explorer review by Vrena R.
Vrena R.

"I can't believe this still exists! "

What do you like best?

I generally use this as a last resort, if my loading large amounts of information on my other browsers. Its never a pleasant experience for me.

What do you dislike?

The tabs are so slow and you can't customize anything on it. It can get so frustrating to use!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Chrome.

Internet Explorer review by User

"Internet Explorer"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to easily access the internet

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it saves so much of my information

Internet access.

Internet Explorer review by Bernardo D.
Bernardo D.

"Default browser, not default choice"

What do you like best?

One things you have to admire in IE (Internet Explorer) is its simplicity - IE works at its best when it's without additional plugins, which will only slow down performance and speed.

What do you dislike?

Despite the claims that IE is getting faster and faster, I personally don't see that. Then again, more and more websites are becoming performance-intensive, making it hard for browsers like IE to keep up easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at alternatives before you choose to make this your default browser.

Internet Explorer review by Shyam K.
Shyam K.

"Much better choices out there"

What do you like best?

I dont honestly have much to say in this box - though I had used it in the past for several years.

What do you dislike?

It seems to become slower and slower the more you use it. The constant notion of having to add plug-ins does not help its case either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several browsers out there which are cleaner, easier to use and faster than IE. Try them all out before deciding which one is best for you.

Internet Explorer review by Stephen R.
Stephen R.

"Standard browser - not much else to say"

What do you like best?

This is a tough one - my primary reason for using this is simply because some of the applications I use require Internet Explorer

What do you dislike?

A number of things, personally I prefer the other browsers that are out there for their ease of use and simplicity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the other browsers out there.

Internet Explorer review by Shane H.
Shane H.

"A bloated browser"

What do you like best?

Easy interface makes it easy to find functions and adjust compatibility.

What do you dislike?

It is slow in my experience mostly due to the additional items automatically installed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many better options. Chrome, Firefox, Safari. I'm sure there are others.

Some web browser functions

Internet Explorer review by David M.
David M.

"All that i use"

What do you like best?

I use this because it is easy and it is what I know. I know how to use it and has never given me a problem. very convient. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What do you dislike?

I have heard that it is slow, i don't know. I am nervious of swithching to something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like it, i bet you will too. give it a try if you ask me.

Internet Explorer review by Jeremiah M.
Jeremiah M.

"It's fine."

What do you like best?

It came loaded on almost all of my users' computers so I don't have to install it at all.

I enjoy the interface well enough, it's fine. Everyone has IE and everyone uses IE sometimes / eventually. There's nothing especially amazing about it at all.

What do you dislike?

Supposedly it's slower, but with my fiber I don't see a lot of difference, not enough to care. It does what I need it to do, which doesn't seem like much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go ahead? I'd always suggest Mozilla before any other browser and also direct you to adblock plus. The internet is just better without advertising.

Internet Explorer review by Videha D.
Videha D.

"Where Microsoft Fails"

What do you like best?

There is not much things I like in IE. The only thing I use it is to download some other browser

What do you dislike?

IE is slow, laggy and does not have anything compared to the browsers which are freely available in the market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid it at all times. Unless you want to download another browser for use I would not recommend IE for anything else

Internet Explorer review by Susie C.
Susie C.

"Old school browser, too many ads"

What do you like best?

There are some systems that I support that requires using IE. Unfortunately it is the default browser that some companies require their employees to use, so IE must do for me. It meets the min standards.

What do you dislike?

Too many ads.. it isn't interactive like Chrome or Firefox

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer using Firefox or Chrome over IE.

Internet Explorer review by Charysse S.
Charysse S.

"Dinosaurs used IE"

What do you like best?

Well, if you have no choice, use IE. It's a great vehicle to get on to the internet, to download other, BETTER browsers.

What do you dislike?

This ancient browser is incredibly slow. It freezes daily, crashes constantly and does not support many features that other browsers do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering IE, stop. There are better browsers out there.

Internet Explorer review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"not a fan anymore"

What do you like best?

Backed by one of the leaders in modern technology, I.E is a safe and secure browser. I had been using this for maybe 10 years on Windows XP/Vista/W7.

What do you dislike?

I have always encountered problems with I.E. The browser tends to lag and has frequently crashed. When opening I.E, i often found 3 x windows would open to browse, it seemed like a recurring bug that never got fixed and would happen randomly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It depends on what you feel comfortable with. I have always had issues with I.E, with it lagging a lot! Considering i have an android phone i use Chrome which i now use on the PC and i have never had an issue with it. I think Chrome is the perfect choice over I.E.

Internet Explorer review by Mitch M.
Mitch M.

"Please Never Use IE"

What do you like best?

I honestly can't think of one thing I like about IE other than it comes pre-installed with Windows so you can get on the internet and download a better browser

What do you dislike?

Too many to list, but most of all because it's not compatible with anything. Web developers around the world waste so much time trying to make their websites compatible with the various versions of IE

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it, download Chrome, Firefox, or Safari

Internet Explorer review by Joy M.
Joy M.

"Internet Explorer is becoming a dinosaur"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Internet Explorer is that the most applications are compatible with IE.

What do you dislike?

Internet Explorer is quite slow, which can be very frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To me, Internet Explorer has become the dinosaur of the browser world, and I don't use it unless I have to.

Internet Explorer review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Not my first choice..."

What do you like best?

Used by so many people; started the industry standard (not the standard any longer...)(my opinion)

What do you dislike?

Slow load time; Takes forever to update; Does not have a good built-in debugger; Slow browsing speed;

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Firefox before settling.

Internet Explorer review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Far Behind Other Browsers"

What do you like best?

There are still some sites that look and work best on Internet Explorer.

What do you dislike?

Buggy and crashes a lot. And it has a great many security vulnerabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use other browsers, have this as a backup.

Internet Explorer review by Sai K.
Sai K.

"common microsoft you can do better than this browser"

What do you like best?

I hate using IE. But I need to test application with IE. I do not see many good things with IE than bad things. It is like a industry standard browser that we need to support. Hope MSFT works on a better version of it.

What do you dislike?

no mobiles apps. Desktop version slow. Creates problems for small java script errors

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want no other browser to use

Internet Explorer review by Steve K.
Steve K.

"Necessary but Unwanted"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it hasn't changed and has been around long enough that I can get used to it.

What do you dislike?

There are so many aspects that other browsers have done better. They seem to have slacked off knowing that they don't have to ocmpete in most offices. It has become universal enough that it dosn't matter what they do they will still get the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure they know how to use it and that they have tried out other browsers like Safari, FireFox etc.

Internet Explorer review by Kristin H.
Kristin H.

"The bane of my existence"

What do you like best?

Internet Explorer (or Exploder, as many nerds prefer to call it) is my least favorite browser, if only because it's the hardest to work with and the most widely used. Although your average user probably won't necessarily notice a huge difference between this browser and others (and thus, will probably find it an adequate solution for their web-surfing needs), more advanced users will likely find Chrome or Firefox (or, if they're Mac users, Safari) to provide better bang for their buck.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. From the standpoint of someone who makes websites for a living, I.E. is just the worst. It's lazy. Everything breaks it. But because 90% of the world uses it, we all just have to suck it up and design for it anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't. Just don't. Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and switch to Chrome. You'll thank me later. And I'll thank you back.

Internet Explorer review by Nicole A.
Nicole A.

"Definitely not something I could recommend"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of customization and settings. It's always been easier than any other browser to set up tabs, bookmarks, home pages, and cookies options. Most websites/applications are compatible with Internet Explorer.

What do you dislike?

Internet Explorer tends to crash more than any other web browser that I have used. It doesn't run well with many tabs open. I wish that it had an auto spell-check (especially for times like this when I'm posting publicly).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would choose something else. I couldn't count how many times I've been in the middle of a search, order, something important and IE has crashed.

Internet Explorer review by Tim P.
Tim P.

"yet again, MS releases something not quite ready for prime time"

What do you like best?

IE 10 in Windows 8 is a lot better than previous versions in terms of speed, with a neat clean interface

What do you dislike?

Compatibility issues - would you believe I had to use FireFox to attend Microsoft online training on Microsoft products because IE10 would not work? My tech guys spent a couple of hours trying to figure it out and gave up. Also have to run it in compatibility mode for a lot of web content, which upsets some other websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I ended up installing FireFox and Chrome as well. FireFox for windows 8 is an awesome product everyone should try.

Internet Explorer review by Bobby H.
Bobby H.

"Works okay"

What do you like best?

It works most of the time.

What do you dislike?

There are so many better browsers available that unless you're forced to use IE, don't. It's slow and doesn't handle plug-ins very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think again

Internet Explorer review by User in Wine and Spirits
User in Wine and Spirits

"Works, but there are much better options."

What do you like best?

Explorer is only good for downloading the browser you actually want to use.

What do you dislike?

Where are the apps? Where is the security? IE is a web developer's nightmare, as pages load in bizarre ways. It's slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to download chrome.

Internet Explorer review by Cristi H.
Cristi H.

"Horrible browser!"

What do you like best?

Internet Explorer only has two things working in it;s favor: hardware acceleration and the improved HTML5 support with IE 10.

What do you dislike?

It's hands down the worst browser ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My top pick was Firefox for the longest, and it's still up there. However, Chrome has taken over first place in my book.

Internet Explorer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"IE Only really used when you have to"

What do you like best?

Nothing really to like. Its always been slow, and clunky. Even 10 is the same

What do you dislike?

Where do I start. It has always leaked memory, hogged processor time and taken forever to load up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose chrome or Firefox. If a supplier of software says it will only work on IE see if it will work of Firefox anyway

Internet Explorer review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"From the perspective of a developer"

What do you like best?

Nothing

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the really cool things people develop for users of Chrome, Firefox and Safari don't work on IE.

Getting the things to work on standard-compliant browsers is one thing, but the custom development required to support IE can be prohibitive. I've worked on projects that spent an additional 40% of time on getting things to present properly in IE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Chrome.

Internet Explorer review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"I'm confused..."

What do you like best?

i couldn't come up with it on my own, so I gotta give it up for the software developers.

What do you dislike?

from our agency's experience some clients are charged an average of 40% more to consider the presentation of their site that looks all but identical in multiple browsers excluding one... Internet Explorer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. CHROME

2. Anything other than IE

3. If you are still considering IE return to no. 1.

Internet Explorer review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Far inferior to Google Chrome"

What do you like best?

It was the internet browser I grew up on. IE is trying to become more relevant with the recent YouTube video that featured kids from the 90's. IE7 seems to be a decent upgrade over previous versions.

What do you dislike?

It's still not a clean interface. Far inferior to Chrome. I prefer Firefox or even Safari to IE. I haven't used IE7 on a tablet yet, but it hasn't convinced me to switch over on my lap top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't really know too many people using it. That should say something.

Internet Explorer review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Catching Back Up. But Nowhere Close Yet."

What do you like best?

Internet Explorer (IE) was the standard in internet browsing for years, but it fell behind, allowing Firefox and now Google Chrome to surpass it in UI, UX, design, and features. Today, IE is probably #3 in the browser wars, but it is catching back up with IE9 and may some day be at the top of the pack again.

What do you dislike?

You wouldn't think it possible but I think IE is too secure. The security enhancements are almost overkill and get in the way of the internet browsing experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Chome instead.

Internet Explorer review by Susan K.
Susan K.

"The most basic search engine you can choose"

What do you like best?

its everywhere and doesn't slow down your machine - easily recognized and familiar

What do you dislike?

Kicks you off all the time - several things can't be downloaded or used. ADVERTISING ALL THE TIME. Doesn't support multimedia well and well boring and slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy and familiar - not sexy or fast if that's what you are looking for - there are better engines out there - don't be brainwashed by another Microsoft standard item

Internet Explorer review by Erich R.
Erich R.

"Against the grain"

What do you like best?

Regardless of whether you love it or hate it, it's still impossible to ignore. Although other browsers have become more popular it still has a fairly large user base.

What do you dislike?

In web development, you pretty much have two buckets of browsers to develop for I.E. and everything else. Microsoft has not been a supporter of broad standards set forth by W3C. They have taken an approach that is generally different than the vast majority of browsers out there, and as a result it makes the life of a web developer complicated. In addition, in most browser benchmarks Microsoft is generally on the slower end of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using something else such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.

Internet Explorer review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Unfortunate Existence"

What do you like best?

Ubiquitous in companies that are MS shops. Sometimes required to some apps (e.g. MS CRM).

What do you dislike?

Where do I start? Very slow, doesn't conform to web standards, often requires web developers to code specifically for it, security vulnerabilities, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company has freedom of choice, choose something else. If not, have some hope that Microsoft is making some progress in the space, but will likely be years behind Firefox and Chrome for the near future.

Internet Explorer review by Consultant in Animation
Consultant in Animation

"New tools make it great"

What do you like best?

I keep coming back to internet explorer. Recently it's because of one simple thing. You can drag a tab and make it a new window. It's the simplest thing in the world but it makes a huge difference. Microsoft has done a good job staying current and giving people what they need from the web.

What do you dislike?

certain settings that should be default aren't, which can make it difficult moving between different machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

come back to IE

Internet Explorer review by Christoph B.
Christoph B.

"Nobody wants to use this browser"

What do you like best?

I am really not sure - some offices force you to use it and I guess there is a reason for that?

What do you dislike?

Only available on Windows and Windows phone - all other major browsers are available on several additional platforms.

Very, very slow and cumbersome.

Windows constantly forces you to use it - I believe you can not uninstall it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First thing when you get a new windows machine: Install Chrome and Firefox. Chose one for daily use, the other one as backup.

Internet Explorer review by Michelle M.
Michelle M.

"Use for business not for pleasure"

What do you like best?

It's widespread sage through firms, the fact it's used alongside other windows products.

What do you dislike?

It's behind with the times, far too secure and limits add ons and above all is slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use at work but not at home

Internet Explorer review by User in Computer Software

"Use ANY other browser if possible"

What do you like best?

Nothing.

What do you dislike?

This browser is not compatible with many programs I use on a daily basis. I have only used IE if there were no other options available. Use Firefox instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use any other browser instead. I would even choose Safari over this

Internet Explorer review by Jared T.
Jared T.

"If I have a choice of browser this would not be it"

What do you like best?

Can do certain things with MS technology that is not available or looks terrible in other browsers. It's still required for the enterprise when dealing with tools such as sharepoint, ms office online.

What do you dislike?

Performance is not good, does not meet W3 standards, hard to develop for. There are so many different versions of it still out there causing headaches for developers. IE9 is better than 8 but still not as good as Firefox/Chrome. Plugins are not as strong as Firefox/Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the browser I would use for myself, but if you work for a company using MS tools it's still worth having in your toolbox. It's better than it used to be but that is more an indictment on how bad IE6/7/8 is.

Internet Explorer review by Allyson T.
Allyson T.

"Actually a decent option"

What do you like best?

It may not be the fastest horse in the race or the prettiest dress at the ball but it's an above average option for an internet browser on your PC. If you gave up on IE6 you might want to try it again -- IE9 is much better than perceived.

What do you dislike?

Speed issues. Soooo sloooww at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Chrome.

Internet Explorer review by Lazar T.
Lazar T.

"There are much better browsers out there"

What do you like best?

Well probably the best thing here is that I am kind of used to it .. I have been using IE for a long time .. but not anymore ...

What do you dislike?

its very BUGGY .. very slow .. compared to chrome and mozzila

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use it .. until MS fix it with new release .. lets see if IE 10 makes a difference

Internet Explorer review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Outdated and Buggy"

What do you like best?

Very little - Internet Explorer is occasionally required to run certain programs on, but it's never an easy experience

What do you dislike?

Very buggy - Internet Explorer is very slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are better browser experiences out there.

Internet Explorer review by Fire E.
Fire E.

"Leaves a lot more to be desired"

What do you like best?

It's the only browser that will cover most of the legacy systems out there. Works nice with Outlook Web client.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how much slower it is compared to other modern browsers. If you're on Windows XP, you can't upgrade to a version of IE greater than 8 which sucks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't even consider. Go with Chrome or Firefox

Internet Explorer review by Anthony B.
Anthony B.

"Awful"

What do you like best?

There really isn't anything I like about this browser. Its ubiquity is appealing.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything. Low functionality, minimal user community, limited add-ons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Chrome or Firefox. This is cruel and unusual punishment to subject your employees to this.

Learning about Internet Explorer?

* We monitor all Internet Explorer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.