Intervals

Intervals is online project management software that marries time tracking & task management in a collaborative space with powerful reporting. Ideal for small businesses including designers, web developers, consultants, creative agencies, IT services firms, and communications companies that bill on an hourly or per project basis.

Work for Intervals?

Ratings (1)
Showing 45 Intervals reviews
Intervals review by <span>Alexandra D.</span>
Alexandra D.

"Overall efficiency improvement in project management and communication."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to track exactly when something was started, when it was last touched and where it is. The communication is easy and the tasks can be easily customized to our company's needs.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome. Each email and each update to a task creates more things coming into my inbox. While it's understandable that it needs to happen, it's still sometimes overwhelming, especially as someone who is particularly involved in a lot of different projects.

Communication issues mostly and tracking for projects. It's easy to see who is in charge and who we should ask to move a project forward. We don't waste time chasing anyone down trying to find the root of a problem. The major benefits we weren't expecting, is that it's extremely easy to look up past projects and know exactly what we had done before.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Intervals
Intervals review by <span>Javi G.</span>
Javi G.

"google 39/5000 Essential program with ease of use"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, and to have controlled the times of the tasks, the estimated and the realized.Sending reminders of tasks due or not yet due. Time reports dedicated to different projects. You have a home screen with the to-do of the week, which is very useful and reminder.

What do you dislike?

You can not specify an expense type, for example diets, kilometers,....

To look at resource workload versus estimated task time. Can not put a work schedule, with holidays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a powerful tool for project management and easy to use

Project management and time entry. And you can take the data in an easy way from the api to be able to manage them outside

What Project Management solution do you use?

"Intermediate Interval"

What do you like best?

I like that the program has many organizational features – Color coded level of importance, different drop-down variations for the status of jobs, and the ability to add additional colleagues to jobs depending on your own unique office processes. I like being able to see my tasks and apply time on the same page – Being able to start and stop a timer throughout the day allows for a more accurate depiction of my daily routine than a rough guess written in a notebook. Seeing added tasks across a weekly or monthly calendar gives a better visual to how long a project should take/is taking. Overall, there's so many simple features that make it easier to stay organized and up-to-date which makes for a stolid structure in a hectic world of design.

What do you dislike?

There are a SO many features that it can be overwhelming and can become over-organized. Many features are ignored by my team just to avoid confusion. Intervals also has a tendency to glitch on my computer when adding time by hand, the pop-up window will lose it's background, but I am sure that isn't a consistent problem across all users. I wish there was a way to disable/hide certain tabs and features from view if they're not being used.

My team uses Intervals to track various jobs at different stages – We predominately use Intervals for the "Tasks" feature. During our huddles we are able to see clearly what jobs are "hot" and who has what on their plate with ease. We are able to track our time easily and efficiently with tasks and task timers. We also total out invoices with better accuracy using Intervals. With the program we are able to see just how many hours a job took, what expenses were made real time to better quote a client in the future.

Intervals review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Solid Time and Accounting Management App, Needs help with Task / Project Management Features.."

What do you like best?

The time and budget management features are nice; however, the failure to give me alternative visualizations (Gantt / Timeline Views) and others makes it difficult to really recommend Intervals as a full Project Managment suite to others.

What do you dislike?

The lack of visualization and the lack of ability to create project templates easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intervals is a solid product and ridiculously inexpensive for your team thanks to the flat-rate pricing vs. per-seat. However, this is not to say Intervals is perfect. There is a strong need for a better visualization suite for reporting and a better-documented API so that we can just build out a better dashboard ourselves.

Solid product and from a time tracking / budgeting / invoicing perspective this works beautifully; however, the big miss here is on the project management side of things. I think a majority of this can be cured with better visualizations; however, the inability to create any time-based visualization (Gantt or otherwise) is a total dealbreaker for me in a PMS as this is how a majority of clients and stakeholders prefer to see the information we present within intervals.

We are solving the time tracking and budget tracking problems for our projects. Would like to use this for task management; however, cannot do so easily or in a user-friendly manner.

Intervals review by <span>Mark W.</span>
Mark W.

"Great for startups and small business"

What do you like best?

Intervals has plenty of features to meet the needs of most start-ups and small businesses. There is enough organization and categorization components to accurately track time and represent tasks across multiple clients and projects. It's flexible enough to cater to almost any ALM practice or methodology.

What do you dislike?

The biggest limitations occur as an organization transitions from small to medium. The reporting requirements aren't adequate and the integrations are scarce. The API is extremely throttled and the methods for retrieving data programmatically becomes frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important to understand where your company is at right now before choosing a product like Intervals. Examine your integration needs both now and a few years down the road. Have a development team examine the API to make sure it's going to meet your needs.

Also consider the project management needs of your company and ensure Intervals is going to deliver timely value across clients or project portfolios. Examine the reports to see if the information is what you would expect to see from a client and management perspective.

We are a medium-sized product and professional services company. We leverage intervals to track both billable and non-billable time against services projects. Our biggest benefit comes from timers against client tasks and reporting that data to our finance department.

Intervals review by Administrator

"Was looking for an alternative to the bane of my existence - Basecamp am so far happy"

What do you like best?

API access. The interface isn't dumbed down to the point of idiocy. The object model does what we need. Projects -> tasks-> time entries.

Using the API I was able to integrate my personal time tracker with intervals

What do you dislike?

The access models don't work with our workflow. I have had to make a lot of users admins so they could get the access they need. The executive view reports are lacking. I am going to have to use www:mechanize to send them the reports they need

Recommendations to others considering the product

API access means you might be able to fix things you don't like

NOT basecamp

We track our development time in intervals and provide reports to our customers.

Intervals review by <span>Per C.</span>
Per C.

"My Intervals "

What do you like best?

Excellent client/project/task management capabilities. We've used My Intervals for almost 10 years and it's been a solid collaboration tool throughout that time.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the software could give you better forward planning insights, such as which resources appear to be overbooked in the coming weeks based on assigned tasks, time estimates and due dates.

We have an awesome source of historical data on what work we've done, by whom and for whom. We're able to collaborate on tasks across continents, track utilization and productivity with a great level of detail. The reporting tools are used for client management, billing and business success measurement.

Intervals review by <span>Gregory R.</span>
Gregory R.

"Review of Intervals"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see what I have to do each day without writing it down. I like being able to track how much time I spend on each project and being able to see how much time I have allotted to work on a project.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how I can't update a document while updating the task. I don't like how all my project managers use the product so differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that is easy to use and has a lot of features than this is a great product. If offers value to every type of user.

Trying to reduce wasted time and increase revenue. Not having had this product at my last job, the biggest benefit is being able to stay on top of due dates very easily.

Intervals review by <span>Ross A. B.</span>
Ross A. B.

"Positive, but a little dated look"

What do you like best?

The search functionality is very powerful and pretty reliable.

What do you dislike?

But troublesome to start adding a comment only to realize I also need to update the status or add a follower and I don't want to send multiple update notifications so need to copy current text, cancel the comment, click update task then resume editing... would be nice if the update UI was more flexible.

Mostly involved in cross-department task/project tracking - useful for tracking to-do's, ownership and progress

Intervals review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Project Management "

What do you like best?

Easy to assign tasks to multiple assets within the agency. The upload system makes it easy to upload documents for review, as well as reviewing multiple rounds. Working with a creative team, the calendar view assists the team in making sure we are not overloading our team with requests.

Tracking your time is as simple as a single button click. Reports are easy to pull, including a nifty "Mr. Pie Chart" that helps view a time breakdown for a plethora of factors. This has been huge for tracking our effectiveness and profitability on projects. Due to this tracking, we have been able to adjust our rates to maximize profitability.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to spread out large products over multiple days. I believe they are working on this feature, but multi-day projects would be useful from an agency perspective on large campaigns. There is a limit on upload size, but this is not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution that ties project management and time tracking into one platform.

As a mid-sized agency, Intervals allows us to manage many clients and projects at once. It's helped us with tracking time efficiently and tracking profitability. We've adjusted our rates based on the reports provided by Intervals. As a whole, our project management has improved immensely. Intervals has assisted our team in delivering projects on, or ahead, of schedule.

Intervals review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Task and Time Tracking for Internet Dev Company"

What do you like best?

Intervals does a great job at task and time management. Our company has been using intervals for a few years and haven't experienced any unexpected downtime or issues. Intervals is also good at taking requests and trying to fit them in to their updates.

What do you dislike?

Although the reporting is robust I would love to have a little more project management type functionalities in the software. We use the tasks to assign work and it would be great to be able to use this feature in conjunction with resource allocation/management to see capacity. Admittedly there are features of Intervals that we do not utilize, however it would be great to get some schedule/budget reporting that is more flexible.

We adopted Intervals for time tracking early on and have been pleased with the results. We also use the system to create task requests and assigned tasks to team members.

Intervals review by <span>Sean C.</span>
Sean C.

"Overall A Solid Product"

What do you like best?

The ability to track exactly where your time is going in an individual day, week, or month. Also the timer is quite useful. When I start a task I just click - start, leave it and when I go to enter my time it tells me exactly how long it took me. No more scribbling on the bottoms of pages start times & end times.

What do you dislike?

Setting up projects then task all individually can be tedious. They should make a more viable and user friendly template system

Time management - I have noticed a significant increase in efficiency when you can see exactly where time goes each day.

Intervals review by <span>Sherrie Niemtschk F.</span>
Sherrie Niemtschk F.

"Works wonderfully for what we need. "

What do you like best?

Ease of project input, time sheet entry and time / project reports.

What do you dislike?

cannot change some features, dont understand / cannot change some of the financial data so show what i want. Would like to be able customize access for different users. I dont like having to set up tasks for each project. There should be a main task list we can choose from and assign to projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very dependent on individual requirements.

timekeeping make easier more dependable. More project info is available in one place than with other programs we have used. Ability to attach documents.

Intervals review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Business user of Intervals for 5 years plus"

What do you like best?

We can manage projects either based on fixed quotes, or time and materials open-ended projects.

It helps us relate easch task and the time taken for it, to the eventual billing, so we can apply intelligence to the business and how we run it.

What do you dislike?

Some of the team find it difficult to find their way round in there. Certain views of a project cannot be created, and so some of the data that is put in becomes hard to access or visualise in a usable form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its comprehensive, but not always user friendly. Copes well with projects both quoted and ongoing.

Relate individual activities to billing.

Monitor billed hours, who carries them out.

Report on projct status and billing.

A joined up approach right through from allocating the work, to understanding its value.

Intervals review by <span>Deepa D.</span>
Deepa D.

"Interval works best to track our work time "

What do you like best?

We can access interval from anywhere. We don't have to be in office specially to access Intervals.

We can get report the way we want such as pie chat, etc.

What do you dislike?

Time in three decimal.

Sometimes confusing while searching for a particular task on it.

There is no option of assigning a particular team to the Manager.

Do not see much difference in Manager's access& Admin access.

We assign team to the manager. As it doesn't give access to approve timesheet at manager's level but only for Admin level.

Tracking Time for our employees.

Intervals review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Generally good experience"

What do you like best?

Hierarchical relationships between client, project, and task make it easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the timesheet format...wish I could pick my tasks at the beginning of the week and keep assigning time to them throughout the week (maybe I'm using the wrong style of timesheet). Also would like the relationship of estimates to actuals to be more clear...the estimates I enter when I create the project don't do anything that I know of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I think Intervals is a great solution for time-tracking and overall project management. There are fancier products out there, but this does the basics.

I wasn't involved with the purchase of Intervals and came on board when it was pretty ingrained. Our needs are primarily around billable time tracking and project progress.

Intervals review by <span>Jonathan H.</span>
Jonathan H.

"Intervals has changed the landscape of our company......to the positive."

What do you like best?

Ease of use & reliability. We have enjoyed learning while we work. The learning curve was extremely short, which equals dollars saved in lost hours.

What do you dislike?

Mobile platform is difficult to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be scared.

Organization & job tracking.

Web based total solution.

Intervals review by <span>Kole M.</span>
Kole M.

"Not bad!"

What do you like best?

Tough question. It's intuitive, I was able to get up and running without much help.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, it could be prettier I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make a habit. Have it open on a regular basis and you'll get used to it.

Time tracking.

Intervals review by <span>James U.</span>
James U.

"Intervals for creative agencies"

What do you like best?

Great for accurate time keeping, so useful to have all the relevant information in one platform.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer to see a slicker looking page, with more consideration to the aesthetic and user-ability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to use Intervals as a one stop shop for accurate time keeping, project management and invoicing I can't think of a better platform.

From time-keeping through invoicing Intervals is a really useful tool to use in the design and PR industry.

Intervals review by Administrator in Plastics
Administrator in Plastics

"Great PM tool!"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use and teach my employees how to use it as well.

What do you dislike?

No easy mobile app unfortunately. They should create an easy mobile app that includes a stopwatch like feature and you can apply it like a task.

This tool allows us to show how much time and value we are delivering to our customers and they really appreciate that. It also allows us to justify new purchases or expenses to upper management

Intervals review by <span>Tim P.</span>
Tim P.

"Good with some issues"

What do you like best?

Great at opening projects and tasks. Solid time tracking.

What do you dislike?

When you close a project, it will keep tasks open associated with it. Wish when you closed higher level stuff, it automatically closed lower level. Edit time on a project from any place you can see time would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mr. pie chart is the best quick view of time. Project summary has been best for budget managment for us.

Time tracking and job numbering system.

"Media Services Manager"

What do you like best?

The ability to do things in more than one way/view.

What do you dislike?

Things can sometimes get lost or become complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn how to use all of the features, not just the ones that you think will be applicable to your business. Often, we find that we are able to use intervals for more than what we originally thought.

We are able to track projects and assign things appropriately which is extremely beneficial.

Intervals review by <span>Thinus P.</span>
Thinus P.

"2 years and still going strong"

What do you like best?

Straightforward and intuitive with enough customisation options

What do you dislike?

Would like an additional filter level under Client Name before you drill down to Project level

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your project up and running in minutes. Once the basics are captured you can continue making changes and finetuning to make it work for your specific needs. Time tracking a bonus but can also be used as a standalone function

Keeping documentation and correspondence in one place.

Intervals review by <span>Ben S.</span>
Ben S.

"Invaluable project management tool"

What do you like best?

Excellent value for money, simple for my team to use

What do you dislike?

User interface could be updated - it looks very 2009

Helps with project reporting for government grants

Intervals review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"A good platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand and use. Very effective with time log and task assignements and progress check. Wide range of reporting. Very useful when incorporating emails into tasks. We also use to track documents revisions.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike, simply it sized for some kind of applications

We are a design and manufacturing company and we use it to manage all our projects and tasks. The main benefit is to have everything under control and real time feedbacks. Moreover it allows the delegation of assignements and management of the system. Finally the time tracking and reporting is very effective and provide a lot of useful information.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Works well and includes a lot of slice and dice reporting"

What do you like best?

The ability to use several levels of client, project and tasks means we can take a large client group and organize our tasks in a very structured way,

What do you dislike?

Assigning of tasks is difficult when you have to do in for individual tasks

The tracking of revenue and expenditures is a nice feature we utilize to track supplemental revenue for post-contract additions.

Intervals review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Need to review your employees daily work go to MYINTERVALS!!"

What do you like best?

As we are an IT Industry we have numerous tasks & projects where our employees work on. With MYintervals it is easy to access and manage employees task & project as well as employee information.

What do you dislike?

You cannot view the timesheets of an employee at once, as in we need to click next for each week by week.

It will be good if we can view the timesheets in one go at least for a month.

It is easy to check the no. of hours the employee has worked and bill the client after internal verification.

Intervals review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Good software but didn't do everything we needed"

What do you like best?

Reporting on time tracked by individual, project, estimated vs. actual, etc. Reports were easy and customized reports could be saved.

What do you dislike?

The resource management feature did not work as well as we needed it to and it also didn't allow for adequate timeline management for clients. No client access into system. No ability to manage forecast work and to project how forecasted and committed work looked in our allocations.

Project Management, Resource Management, Budget Management, Scheduling - we were able to manage projects and budgets successfully - resources, timelines and projected/forecasted billings/projects not as much.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Intervals The Taskmaster Cometh"

What do you like best?

Integration and task queues are on point. I assign and direct tasks in my organization on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

as great as it is not there is a lack of customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are always additional can do's and want to do's. maybe more customization and more automation this way when a taskmaster is reviewing he can attach rules to certain task so they automatically go through.

task queue, fix it tickets. keeping everyone in the loop with comments etc, also the favourite views are a cool feature I think is helpful.

Intervals review by <span>Juan M. C.</span>
Juan M. C.

"Feedback on Intervals"

What do you like best?

Project Management capabilities and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features are lacking more customization

Project Task organizations

"Great for Its Purpose"

What do you like best?

It is not bloated. Unlike other time trackers, I feel like it does not purposefully try to be extra helpful or always have updates to learn. It's easy to learn and make a habit of.

What do you dislike?

The UI. The design is not very good. It was the only aspect of the product that made it difficult for me to get used to when I was a new user. It looks very outdated.

Tracking time. I notice how much time i spend on tasks now and have better personal time management

Intervals review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"A complete project management platform "

What do you like best?

The cost and the ability to assign statuses

What do you dislike?

No sub tasking ability. I'd like the ability to create tasks within tasks

Every person on a project can see the current activity, as well as the complete history. Every person knows what is their responsibility and when it needs to be complete.

Intervals review by <span>Melissa M.</span>
Melissa M.

"Gets the Job Done!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can log your time with a timer and keep your schedule in check!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't easily integrate with custom software

We need to keep projects on time and schedule - and I realized that it does help keep your hours in check.

Intervals review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"good for time sheet management"

What do you like best?

Strong and flexible reporting functionality allows for good analysis of personnel

What do you dislike?

Being web-based, it leaves us in a problem when we have poor internet connectivity - a common problem in developing countries

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Helps us to quickly prepare invoices for our client

"Intervals Review"

What do you like best?

In-house and external users allowed, allowing communication and documentation sharing to clients and internal team.

What do you dislike?

lack of allocation management, does not fulfill all

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Time tracking, client communication, file storing

Intervals review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to implement and use."

What do you like best?

Fast to get to the sections you need. Multiple entry points to common functions.

What do you dislike?

Would like more default settings for common tasks, such as entering time.

Task management and a central location for project descriptions, comments and information

Intervals review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great product, needs some love in the look and feel department "

What do you like best?

Reporting is powerful, flexibility in how you run your projects.

What do you dislike?

It seems to take too long to create a task, maybe have a quick add option

Good reports on estimates vs. actual reports

Intervals review by User in Internet

"Great time keeping and project management tool for the price "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, many features. Appreciate the reports and charts.

What do you dislike?

The setup for Work types is a bit annoying sometimes.

Makes it easy for us to monitor our billable hours for clients.

Intervals review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Metroconnections tech team"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and very intuitive. It saves our team a lot of time and headache.

What do you dislike?

Theme of the site could be updated. The site looks a little outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for project management. No experience with using it as time management.

We are using intervals to manage client changes for websites and registration forms. Much simpler to use than dealing with emails back and forth.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy, but limited project management. "

What do you like best?

Time tracking plus creating, managing, and closing tasks is extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

The API to integrate into other software like Slack or Google Calendar leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to start out with. If they start adding more methods to use their API, Intervals can be extremely competitive.

Minimized the time spent tracking time.

Intervals review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Nice features and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of tracking projects and the tasks within those products.

What do you dislike?

Monthly credit card billing. Needs to have an annual option or purchase order capability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared with other products, this has the best value.

We're managing healthcare application development within our organization.

Intervals review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Intervals Project Review"

What do you like best?

Lots of flexibility, and many functions can be used.

What do you dislike?

It is definitely not intuitive, many times you must try several items to get what you want.

Easier access to project information.

Intervals review by User in Plastics
User in Plastics

"Intervals Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to document and track all aspects of the projects and time management

What do you dislike?

Some of the most useful elements are found by accident

Managing several creatives on multiple development programs

"Review of Intervals"

What do you like best?

Simple to understand and use once you learn the software.

What do you dislike?

Takes some time to learn all facets of program. Unusable on mobile.

Product management and processes

Intervals review by Administrator

"ADN-organisations"

What do you like best?

user friendly, user friendly, user friendly,

What do you dislike?

only in English, only in English, only in English,

Time managing

Learn more about Intervals

Intervals Videos

Learning about Intervals?

* We monitor all Intervals reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.