Intervals

Intervals is online project management software that marries time tracking & task management in a collaborative space with powerful reporting. Ideal for small businesses including designers, web developers, consultants, creative agencies, IT services firms, and communications companies that bill on an hourly or per project basis.

Work for Intervals?

Learning about Intervals?

Intervals Reviews

Filter ReviewsClear All Filters
  • Ratings (2)
Ratings (2)
Showing 98 Intervals reviews
Intervals review by Christine W.
Christine W.

"Cannot function without Intervals!"

What do you like best?

The ability to capture tasks in a reliable and intuitive system so none of my team's work can fall through the cracks. Intervals makes it easy to finish large projects by breaking down action items into tasks that can easily be assigned back and forth to team mates. I love the document attachment feature, the check boxes, and the ability to run dozens of reports.

What do you dislike?

The cap on 10 projects for the subscription level we purchased (49/mo)

Recommendations to others considering the product

By simply using Intervals, the tool enable and teach you and your team:

-how to tackle large projects

-how to prioritize

-how to communicate within a team

-how to follow through on a task

-how to record time for valuable metrics

We use Intervals in our finance office. We are solving payroll, finance, accounting, and administrative problems. The benefit of Intervals is that you can quickly input a task that needs to be completed later, and forget about it in the present. For a finance department in a growing company, we don't feel like the volume of requests slows down our productivity. We can stay focused on high priority work, and easily shift around tasks of different priorities.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Intervals
Intervals review by Santiago Z.
Santiago Z.

"SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT USING INTERVALS"

What do you like best?

Their organization in clients, projects and tasks allow us to work in a coordinated manner with our customers, also the billing feature allow us carry an effective control on costs. Additionaly the timers is an excelent way to keep track of time invested in working in our customers support

What do you dislike?

The notifications to my e-mail account is not really comprehensive to take a quick review of the tasks, I would need to easily click from the e-mail notification to the respective task in order to take action. Also I would like a mobile app to keep track of my on premise supports. k

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excelent tool to manage projects

We are software development company where control of costs and milestones of our projects is the main purpose of the use of intervals software in our business. Keep control of time invested in support in order to deliver a correct statement to our customers is key to generate confidence with our clients

What Project Management solution do you use?

Intervals review by Seth R.
Seth R.

"Intervals online is an effective workload management tool"

What do you like best?

Task scheduling and resource allocation in terms of the estimated hours. Being able to follow tasks or jobs is also very useful and the general level of communication that it generates is great.

What do you dislike?

The biggest let down is that you can't mark hours as billed which makes the invoicing function pretty redundant to our company. The way we our company (and a lot of others) work is that we invoice at significant project milestones rather than every month so it is not easy to track what hours have or have not been invoiced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to keep track of your workload, continuously comparing quoted hours with actual hours and to improve client satisfaction through better understanding and allocation of resources then you need intervals! The database works seamlessly and provides you with many tools to ensure everyone is kept well informed about the status of company projects.

Workload management is actually possible when everyone puts jobs into the intervals system, this means that we can actually get a handle on how many hours of work each employee has to do and give clients lead times.

Intervals review by Paul S.
Paul S.

"Excellent, could not do it without Intervals"

What do you like best?

Intervals makes task management, scheduling and basic project management easy for smaller companies that need to charge for their work per hour, like graphic designers, architects and other professionals.

What do you dislike?

Once the first invoice is generated on each project, only then the system starts adding VAT. So when you are using project budgets, you need to revise the budget up as soon as one invoice has been generated. This makes budgeting unnecessarily complicated where the system could simply always show the budget excl VAT instead of us having to keep tabs on when the budget is not applicable anymore. Also this is dangerous cause if one of our team forgets to up the budget as soon as an invoice is generated by admin, the project profile gives an inaccurate account of where actual cost vs budget is at, seeing that the budget is still excl VAT but meantime the system added VAT to the project costs, only, and not also to the budget amount.

We can get more projects out in faster turnaround times while being more organised and being able to accurately time and invocie for work.

Intervals review by Mark G.
Mark G.

"It Just Works"

What do you like best?

I like a lot about Intervals. Most important to me:

• Ease of use. I work with contractors, as well as employees, and I don't have a lot of time to train everyone how to use our project management system. I've been using Intervals for more than a year now, and everyone who has tried Intervals has been able to start using it almost immediately, because it is simple to navigate (and has very brief, webinar-style introductory videos, as well as straightforward text help, if anyone is confused or wants to learn more).

• Price. I pay about $50 a month, which is very reasonable given all of the features of the software. Most of the comparable software that I explored either lacked features I wanted at that price point, or did not give me enough room to track all of my (25 or so) complex projects that I simultaneously need to follow.

• Flexibility. There are plenty of options that allow me to customize Intervals to meet my needs (adding project status options, categorizing projects to meet our current internal systems, etc.).

• Features. There is a wealth of reporting and queueing options to choose from. I use most Intervals features regularly, but I still haven't found the time to use them all. You can right-click on many pages to access numerous shortcuts that make it easier to update projects and tasks (e.g., to change project status or deadlines without needing to visit a different page). It is good to know that I can grow into the unused features as needed. It is even possible to allow clients to access the system. They also have a plan each quarter for phased-in improvements that they share with clients.

• Customer service. Intervals staff have responded to me immediately when I've needed help — every. time. They've also responded in a helpful, thoughtful, thorough way to my questions and even to some of my feature suggestions, which they really do read.

• Time tracking. A lot of other systems I looked at charged extra for this feature and/or did not offer a robust enough solution to meet all of our time tracking needs. Very easy and convenient to use.

What do you dislike?

• The mobile interface is accessed via browser (rather than an app) and is not as user-friendly as the desktop version. Intervals reports that mobile enhancements are in the works this quarter, so that might improve. I've been able to get what I need from the mobile interface (on my iPhone) while I'm on the road, but I don't enjoy using it on anything smaller than my laptop, and it could be a deal-breaker if you often want to use the system on your cell phone.

• Its graphic design doesn't make me 'ooh' and 'aaah' the way that some other time management sites do. It is well-organized, it just doesn't look as cool as some other project management tools do. This doesn't seem to be a high priority for the company. Since it isn't a top priority for me, I don't mind this much—I get lots of bang for my buck in other areas.

• It doesn't integrate with as many other services as some other top competitors. This might be an issue for some folks, but it isn't huge for me, because Intervals already does most of what I want it do.

• The file management system isn't quite as convenient as I'd like. Intervals did add drag-and-drop last year, which I am thankful for and is an improvement that was at the top of my wish list, but it isn't as seamless as other drag-and-drops that I use. I also would like to be able to organize documents a little more thoroughly. For instance, while documents can be assigned to each project and task, it would be nice to be able to organize those documents into 'folders' rather than having them in one long list. Again, though, this isn't a major issue, and you can add tags and notes to files to make them easier to find and identify.

All of the above is just to say that there are features I'd like to see added or improved, as with just about any software I've used, but I've weighed these issues against other systems, and the pros far outweigh any cons I can think of, in my case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Note that while some systems, such as Basecamp, offer a comparable number of projects to be active all at the same time, Intervals allows tasks to be assigned within its projects, so that you are getting more bang for your buck in this area.

I purchased Intervals for my small business to make it easier to track and assign tasks. We previously had a system that no one (including me) used because it was not at all intuitive and was a poor fit with what we needed. I looked at a lot of other systems, including BaseCamp, Asana and a few others that are commonly recommended. Intervals was the best fit for what we were seeking. If Intervals has the features that you are looking for, I'd very highly recommend it.

Full disclosure—I may get a small perk for being among the first Intervals customers to submit a review. That isn't contingent on writing a positive review and I would have written all of the above regardless. After using the service for more than a year, it is hard to imagine going back to life without Intervals.

Intervals review by Elaine L.
Elaine L.

"Intervals has helped us bill more accurately and completely for our time"

What do you like best?

Intervals allows us to keep track of billable time without too much thought. By simply starting a timer for a task or a general timer, we can make sure we're tracking our billable hours completely. I also love that we are able to receive emails directly into our intervals workflow and assign them as tasks to the appropriate project.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes one email is referencing more than one specific project - I wish it was possible to "duplicate" a task into another project (coming from the original email)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Intervals a try. It's an affordable way to keep track of your billable time, and to manage projects. When all you have to sell is your time, it's imperative to track it, and track it well.

Prior to using Intervals, we kept handwritten timesheets (we've been using Intervals for MANY years now). Those handwritten timesheets would often end up being a "best guess" - especially on a busy day when many different projects were touched, and many different tasks completed. Intervals has taken that away, and also made it easier for everyone in the office to see what needs to be done and when.

Intervals review by Eric L.
Eric L.

"The backbone of our business!"

What do you like best?

In a word, simplicity. I love that we can use this project management tool for $100,000 projects as well as $1,000 projects ... We can quickly and easily get a new client set up and initiate managing their project in less than 5 minutes - most other PM tools take hours to set up a project.

What do you dislike?

The only frustration we have is that sometimes when I log in to pull a quick report, the report tool seems to hang for minutes and I end up having to close the browser, re-login and then the report pulls instantly - I don't know why this happens but it happens to my team members often as well...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small to average sized web shop (like we are), you need a project management tool that is easy to use, effective and quick to maintain. New client projects that are small, say less than $2,000 should not take more than 5 minutes to setup - and that's what Intervals affords us. This saves us time and aggravation.

This product solves the problem of defensibly of our invoicing structure. Before Intervals, we had time tracking apps that sort of did the trick, but any time a client contested or wanted more info on why they were charged this or that, we now have fast, easy reporting that instantly gives us what we need to defend why we did what we did. I love the timers as well - and how you can start one and put a keyword or two in for what you are doing for a client, then at the end of the day apply the time to a client project or task and fully explain all that you did for them that day (because we all know that if we don't write it down, we will forget, and therefore, run the risk of now being paid)...

Intervals review by Alexandra D.
Alexandra D.

"Overall efficiency improvement in project management and communication."

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to track exactly when something was started, when it was last touched and where it is. The communication is easy and the tasks can be easily customized to our company's needs.

What do you dislike?

It's cumbersome. Each email and each update to a task creates more things coming into my inbox. While it's understandable that it needs to happen, it's still sometimes overwhelming, especially as someone who is particularly involved in a lot of different projects.

Communication issues mostly and tracking for projects. It's easy to see who is in charge and who we should ask to move a project forward. We don't waste time chasing anyone down trying to find the root of a problem. The major benefits we weren't expecting, is that it's extremely easy to look up past projects and know exactly what we had done before.

Intervals review by George S.
George S.

"Helps you understand where your (people's) time goes"

What do you like best?

The main reason we selected Intervals is its integrated time tracking features. Not only does it allow you to keep track of tasks and projects, but also see how much time is devoted on each one.

This is great if, like us, you are wondering about the real cost of each feature implemented, bug fixed etc.

What do you dislike?

This is minor, but it's very difficult to find and print your subscription invoice. They are buried in the "Plan info" section, which is not very intuitive.

As mentioned above, we use Intervals to keep track of tasks for our development work. This includes everything from writing down specs, to developing, testing and uploading to the live environment as well as bug fixing after something has gone live.

Intervals allows us to do all this, while keeping track of the time devoted to each task.

Intervals review by David A.
David A.

"Intervals does almost everything we need"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of use: we are an internal web site development/communications office. We use intervals to track larger and small projects. Our staff are not heavily-experienced developers: they are writers, photographers and admin staff. They are all able to grasp and work in Intervals very quickly.

What do you dislike?

I wish tasks had dependencies. It is sometimes challenging lining up tasks and managing dependencies via notes in the task.

Tracking all our work: everything we do, whether it's related to a project or not, goes into Intervals. It is our institutional memory: we've created special 'projects' for tracking non-project related communications.

We would not be able to do the volume of work we do without Intervals: we just have too many things going on and too many details to track. Intervals has been amazing in that respect.

Intervals review by Javi G.
Javi G.

"google 39/5000 Essential program with ease of use"

What do you like best?

Easy of use, and to have controlled the times of the tasks, the estimated and the realized.Sending reminders of tasks due or not yet due. Time reports dedicated to different projects. You have a home screen with the to-do of the week, which is very useful and reminder.

What do you dislike?

You can not specify an expense type, for example diets, kilometers,....

To look at resource workload versus estimated task time. Can not put a work schedule, with holidays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a powerful tool for project management and easy to use

Project management and time entry. And you can take the data in an easy way from the api to be able to manage them outside

Intervals review by Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.

"Intervals is a (project) life saver"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize tasks within projects but also by module and milestone. I makes it very easy to analyze upcoming tasks, timelines and total scope of work. This also makes it an excellent team communication tool, with task commenting, assignments and other notifications – Interval's functionality really helps our team be collaborative vs. working in silos.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes tasks, projects or report dashboards can take awhile to load if the server is getting a lot of activity. This is not very frequent however.

p.s. I was not able to upload my logged-in image for this survey, kept getting a "Upload failed, please try again." message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth checking out! Best solution we've found for our project management

We are a marketing company and have many different types of projects and tasks that often have to pass through several hands. Email would not be a good solution to handle task transfers as our clients also email us, as well as our colleagues, and it would be very easy to lose track. The Intervals system helps us keep track of tasks and helps ensure we never lose a project in the fray.

Additionally, we have set retainer budgets for each project and the time tracking through Intervals helps us stay on track for providing an adequate level of service without over-servicing.

Intervals review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Customer and Subs both like love intervals"

What do you like best?

Ability for custoemrs to create a task

Ability to provide only as much detail to custoers as needed in an invoice

Ability to report back on proejct process, costs, time etc.

Ability formultiple peopel ot owrk on each task.

What do you dislike?

When I finish with an invocie it takes me back to projects instead of leaving me in invoices os I can create a new one

Can't show time not billed for in an invocie ot a client. This would be very nice ot see added. It lets clents know how much time we are commiting but not billign for, especially when I project is over estimate.

Project management

Detail billing for csutoemrs who require it

Task managment

"Intermediate Interval"

What do you like best?

I like that the program has many organizational features – Color coded level of importance, different drop-down variations for the status of jobs, and the ability to add additional colleagues to jobs depending on your own unique office processes. I like being able to see my tasks and apply time on the same page – Being able to start and stop a timer throughout the day allows for a more accurate depiction of my daily routine than a rough guess written in a notebook. Seeing added tasks across a weekly or monthly calendar gives a better visual to how long a project should take/is taking. Overall, there's so many simple features that make it easier to stay organized and up-to-date which makes for a stolid structure in a hectic world of design.

What do you dislike?

There are a SO many features that it can be overwhelming and can become over-organized. Many features are ignored by my team just to avoid confusion. Intervals also has a tendency to glitch on my computer when adding time by hand, the pop-up window will lose it's background, but I am sure that isn't a consistent problem across all users. I wish there was a way to disable/hide certain tabs and features from view if they're not being used.

My team uses Intervals to track various jobs at different stages – We predominately use Intervals for the "Tasks" feature. During our huddles we are able to see clearly what jobs are "hot" and who has what on their plate with ease. We are able to track our time easily and efficiently with tasks and task timers. We also total out invoices with better accuracy using Intervals. With the program we are able to see just how many hours a job took, what expenses were made real time to better quote a client in the future.

Intervals review by User in Design
User in Design

"Helpful for managing a lot of projects."

What do you like best?

I really like the task system as it helps us keep track of projects and follow ups by assigning dates and using the Calendar view. We also love being able to upload pictures and documents and keep everything in one place for each project.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to be able to add and name our own priority categories.

I want to be able to create folders in the documents sections. We upload a lot of pictures and it would be nice to be able to consolidate them so we don't have to scroll through a few pages to get to the estimates or other notes.

We are a small office managing hundreds of projects so it has helped immensely in being able to take care of our clients. We are able to keep track of all the information we need in order to complete the project and keep on file for future use. The task system makes sure that we have follow ups in place and keeps track of our schedule.

Administrator in Internet

"Solid Time and Accounting Management App, Needs help with Task / Project Management Features.."

What do you like best?

The time and budget management features are nice; however, the failure to give me alternative visualizations (Gantt / Timeline Views) and others makes it difficult to really recommend Intervals as a full Project Managment suite to others.

What do you dislike?

The lack of visualization and the lack of ability to create project templates easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intervals is a solid product and ridiculously inexpensive for your team thanks to the flat-rate pricing vs. per-seat. However, this is not to say Intervals is perfect. There is a strong need for a better visualization suite for reporting and a better-documented API so that we can just build out a better dashboard ourselves.

Solid product and from a time tracking / budgeting / invoicing perspective this works beautifully; however, the big miss here is on the project management side of things. I think a majority of this can be cured with better visualizations; however, the inability to create any time-based visualization (Gantt or otherwise) is a total dealbreaker for me in a PMS as this is how a majority of clients and stakeholders prefer to see the information we present within intervals.

We are solving the time tracking and budget tracking problems for our projects. Would like to use this for task management; however, cannot do so easily or in a user-friendly manner.

Intervals review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Great for startups and small business"

What do you like best?

Intervals has plenty of features to meet the needs of most start-ups and small businesses. There is enough organization and categorization components to accurately track time and represent tasks across multiple clients and projects. It's flexible enough to cater to almost any ALM practice or methodology.

What do you dislike?

The biggest limitations occur as an organization transitions from small to medium. The reporting requirements aren't adequate and the integrations are scarce. The API is extremely throttled and the methods for retrieving data programmatically becomes frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's important to understand where your company is at right now before choosing a product like Intervals. Examine your integration needs both now and a few years down the road. Have a development team examine the API to make sure it's going to meet your needs.

Also consider the project management needs of your company and ensure Intervals is going to deliver timely value across clients or project portfolios. Examine the reports to see if the information is what you would expect to see from a client and management perspective.

We are a medium-sized product and professional services company. We leverage intervals to track both billable and non-billable time against services projects. Our biggest benefit comes from timers against client tasks and reporting that data to our finance department.

Intervals review by Quentin R.
Quentin R.

"Great business tool"

What do you like best?

It is ready to go, rock solid on reliability, and performs its function without fail. The time entry options are great. I have a staff of 10 and each person has a favorite way to input the data. That flexibility alone makes a huge difference in acceptance by employees. They adapt to the habit of keeping time in the way that best fits their work flow and style. Once the habit is established we have the data we need, when we need it, in the form we need it to keep up to date with billing. The flexibility in reports, ability to save/reuse reports, and share them as pdfs or excel files really helps with how we use the data in our business. We looked at a number of time tracking options before selecting Intervals. Their support, their reliability, and their continued improvements and enhancements save me the time of having to look again.

What do you dislike?

Other than wish I had developed it, can't think of an aspect I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for tracking time and projects. We use it in our weekly captains meetings and our monthly staff meetings to review status of all projects and tasks.

We are a web development company. We had tried other time keeping software and had designed our own with mockups and flowcharts and we about ready to start development when we learned of Intervals. Its screens and database structure matched what we had custom designed for ourselves. We use Intervals to track our time and feed that data into our accounting for billing and project profitability analyses. Intervals saved us from developing, and maintaining, our own software. And the new features that get added to the software periodically help us work more efficiently.

Intervals review by Dustin F.
Dustin F.

"Intervals Users for Almost a Decade"

What do you like best?

We tried several project management platforms before we settled on Intervals about nine years ago. The main feature that won us over: it's very robust, with a lot of features that work well for an agency like us. It's great for dividing a big project into small tasks, it's good for tracking timesheets and project budgets, and we like the ability to give clients a set of executive user credentials that allows them to check on project statuses in real time. It's also a very cost-effective platform for a small agency like us.

What do you dislike?

It's a little click-heavy and complex. You expect that from a platform that's as deeply featured as Intervals, but it seems like the interface - which has changed very little in the nine years that we've been using it - could improve. While the software continues to add new functionality, the platform's usability has stagnated. That make the system feel a bit old and outdated, even though it remains a very useful tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the trial. Run in concurrently with your existing software and see how it goes. But be sure to give it a fair shake, and don't be surprised if some users complain about the complex user interface. It has a bit of a learning curve, but once they adapt, they'll find it to be an incredibly powerful tool.

There are other software tools out there that perform essentially the same functions, but Invervals seems to have the right mix of features for a small ad agency like us. We're able to track project deadlines and budgets in real-time, which is incredibly useful for making fast changes to our production schedule.

Intervals review by Matt P.
Matt P.

"Great software for those new to managing projects"

What do you like best?

Intervals is a very easy system to step into. Set up people in your company, add a client, add a project, boom you are off and running. We dont use EVERYTHING it has to offer, but for our small company it has revolutionized the way we track projects and time. Since we started using it (2 years now) we don't go over budget on projects, we don't miss billing time, we don't miss deadlines. Everyone is on the same page. Plus the pricing model makes sense for us (based on active projects). The service is always available as well, never any downtime.

What do you dislike?

For us there are a few extra option we don't use, like the 'module' for each time entry, and you can't customize it out, but that's hardly a flaw. A few things with 'closing' projects I'd like to see modified, but again, not a flaw. Getting everyone on board using the system was probably the most difficult thing, but once all employees had to log their timesheets on intervals for pay (recommended), it went smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with basic package, track easy/simple projects first to get your feet wet.

Biggest issues solved: Projects we being forgotten about/left to hang with no direction, project budgets were not tracked effectively (with intervals it is to the day), billing was not accurate or timely. All these have been fixed, so we see better profits, increased customer satisfaction, and much better cash flow.

Intervals review by Zsombor Z.
Zsombor Z.

"The best combination of task management and time tracking"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, but still configurable interface for task management. The time tracking is perfectly integrated in the interface, and it is very easy to enter your time.

It made my last 10 years of software engineering very easy.

The product has exactly the right set of functionality for managing a software development and services company. When you need more than that you can easily integrate it with different applications.

It is just great. I am excited about it even after 10 years of using it in different companies.

What do you dislike?

They have no possibility to have custom fields attached to the tasks.

The request management part could have more functionality.

The user rights management could be more detailed.

But all these are are just nice to have, I found solutions for all these issues and these does not make the product less great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just take a test drive for a week and convince yourself. It is very easy to set it up.

Problems solved:

Manage tasks on different projects.

Track the support cases from customers.

Track time of the employees spent on different issues.

Benefits:

Easy to use cloud based solution.

The pricing model is great.

Stable, simple software not crowded with a lot of functionality.

Intervals review by Administrator

"Was looking for an alternative to the bane of my existence - Basecamp am so far happy"

What do you like best?

API access. The interface isn't dumbed down to the point of idiocy. The object model does what we need. Projects -> tasks-> time entries.

Using the API I was able to integrate my personal time tracker with intervals

What do you dislike?

The access models don't work with our workflow. I have had to make a lot of users admins so they could get the access they need. The executive view reports are lacking. I am going to have to use www:mechanize to send them the reports they need

Recommendations to others considering the product

API access means you might be able to fix things you don't like

NOT basecamp

We track our development time in intervals and provide reports to our customers.

Intervals review by Per C.
Per C.

"My Intervals "

What do you like best?

Excellent client/project/task management capabilities. We've used My Intervals for almost 10 years and it's been a solid collaboration tool throughout that time.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the software could give you better forward planning insights, such as which resources appear to be overbooked in the coming weeks based on assigned tasks, time estimates and due dates.

We have an awesome source of historical data on what work we've done, by whom and for whom. We're able to collaborate on tasks across continents, track utilization and productivity with a great level of detail. The reporting tools are used for client management, billing and business success measurement.

Intervals review by Gregory R.
Gregory R.

"Review of Intervals"

What do you like best?

I like being able to see what I have to do each day without writing it down. I like being able to track how much time I spend on each project and being able to see how much time I have allotted to work on a project.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how I can't update a document while updating the task. I don't like how all my project managers use the product so differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that is easy to use and has a lot of features than this is a great product. If offers value to every type of user.

Trying to reduce wasted time and increase revenue. Not having had this product at my last job, the biggest benefit is being able to stay on top of due dates very easily.

Intervals review by Guilherme B.
Guilherme B.

"Fundamental to set the process in the company"

What do you like best?

In the beginning, email communication helps a lot. The direct mail account for tasks and projects is great.

The structure of timesheets is perfect!

What do you dislike?

Arrived at a time when unfortunately the intervals no longer meet our needs.

There is no space for integrated software documentation, missing sub-tasks, and auto-assigning emails, directly in the task, if it is a new request.

We decided to leave for JIRA. Although much more expensive than the Intervals, the features mentioned above are fundamental to our business.

Intervals review by Ross A. B.
Ross A. B.

"Positive, but a little dated look"

What do you like best?

The search functionality is very powerful and pretty reliable.

What do you dislike?

But troublesome to start adding a comment only to realize I also need to update the status or add a follower and I don't want to send multiple update notifications so need to copy current text, cancel the comment, click update task then resume editing... would be nice if the update UI was more flexible.

Mostly involved in cross-department task/project tracking - useful for tracking to-do's, ownership and progress

Intervals review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Intervals makes time tracking and invoicing painless for small business"

What do you like best?

I like the effortless means of tracking time and generating invoices.

What do you dislike?

I enter detailed descriptions because of the nature of the clients I work with. If I enter more than one entry per day, however they don't populate in chronological order when I generate the invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Intervals time tracking and invoicing functions completely remove the roadblocks to keeping detailed, accurate time records and generating professional quality invoices. Essentially a terrific tool for maximizing incoming cash flow.

Intervals solves the problem of spending too much time tracking time and creating invoices. The benefits realized include the ease of invoicing, ability to generate useful reports and statements, and spitting out an invoice in just a few minutes.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Can't Deliver Without It"

What do you like best?

The system is not only easy to use, it is simple to set up and allows for a lot of customization so that it works for any type of client, project structure. It allows our company to keep all work requests, timelines, milestones, labor tracking, project expenses all in one place. It has simplified billing. It holds our team accountable, and work requests are not overlooked since you can view Intervals from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I would recommend looking at the users rights. We do have to make people admins because they need to view reports and approve labor, but it also gives them rights to set up new projects which I don't want them to necessarily do. Also, from a leadership standpoint we aren't able to create projects that only we can view because our managers need admin rights as stated above.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to manage a large volume of work for multiple clients/projects and want it integrated with time tracking and billing this is the perfect system. Spend time up front to think about how you will use Work Types, Milestones, Modules and Projects. If you do that up front and have it configured in a way that lines up to your business it will be much easier to implement and manage.

We provide marketing and sales solutions for our clients. For example, if our client goes to a tradeshow they send us the leads from the show. We have multiple deliverables that must take place from sending emails, making phone calls, assigning and distributing the leads, to program reporting and follow-up. There are a lot of tasks that go into one campaign, you can only manage that through a system like Intervals to ensure no step is missed.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Intervals is the backbone of my company "

What do you like best?

Price is very reasonable, no charge for adding people. Detailed tasks, customizable and mr pie chart (to review high level reports). Overall my company has used intervals for more than 5 years and I have never seen anything else that provides the same level of software. Lastly, their customer service is amazing. They respond and complete tasks needed within a few hours and are very helpful!

What do you dislike?

The interface could be redesigned to be.a bit more modern. I wish there were more sub levels of admin as I want my managers to be able to close tasks but not see the hourly rate I have set up for each person. Lastly I wish I could make ongoing tasks (i.e. same task weekly or monthly). Right now the only way is to do a bulk upload, which does work but inside of the software would be easier.

Task management, project management, staying in budget (estimated time).

Intervals review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Project Management "

What do you like best?

Easy to assign tasks to multiple assets within the agency. The upload system makes it easy to upload documents for review, as well as reviewing multiple rounds. Working with a creative team, the calendar view assists the team in making sure we are not overloading our team with requests.

Tracking your time is as simple as a single button click. Reports are easy to pull, including a nifty "Mr. Pie Chart" that helps view a time breakdown for a plethora of factors. This has been huge for tracking our effectiveness and profitability on projects. Due to this tracking, we have been able to adjust our rates to maximize profitability.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to spread out large products over multiple days. I believe they are working on this feature, but multi-day projects would be useful from an agency perspective on large campaigns. There is a limit on upload size, but this is not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution that ties project management and time tracking into one platform.

As a mid-sized agency, Intervals allows us to manage many clients and projects at once. It's helped us with tracking time efficiently and tracking profitability. We've adjusted our rates based on the reports provided by Intervals. As a whole, our project management has improved immensely. Intervals has assisted our team in delivering projects on, or ahead, of schedule.

Intervals review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Intervals is a powerful project management tool"

What do you like best?

It is a great communication tool to keep work moving. I work with a team located all around the world and in different time zones. I use Intervals to provide instructions and assign work to my team (and to make sure that all team members stay in the loop on the status of all tasks). My team also uses it to ensure we're all on the same page in terms of current versions of documents, which we attach to tickets. And I have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client so it helps me stay on top of what needs to be done for each - it is a great tool to help keep me organized.

What do you dislike?

I'm honestly struggling to come up with something I dislike. We don't use all the available functionality, but that's fine; we do use what meets our needs. I guess if I had to choose one thing it's this: when I update a task, an email is automatically sent to assignees and followers. I'd like to be able to choose when an email is sent and not have it go out automatically every time. What happens is I tend to do something like add a comment but forget to update a due date or a status. So I save the comment, then realize I have to change something else. As a result, my team gets excessive emails from me. Granted, that's a user error, but I'd like to have better control over the email send functionality.

I am managing multiple clients with multiple projects each. I always have many tasks that my teams need to accomplish at any given time. I'm not a big fan of MS Project but with Intervals, I find I really don't need it - I can set up all my project tasks and those constitute my project plan. Benefits are simplified project management, streamlined communication with my international team, and with the option to filter tasks by "My overdue", "Assigned to me", and "Owned by me", I can ensure that I stay on top of not only managing my projects, but also completing the work I need to do myself. Finally, by tracking the amount of time required for all tasks for any given project, I can provide reasonable and supported cost estimates to my customers for similar projects in the future.

Intervals review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Task and Time Tracking for Internet Dev Company"

What do you like best?

Intervals does a great job at task and time management. Our company has been using intervals for a few years and haven't experienced any unexpected downtime or issues. Intervals is also good at taking requests and trying to fit them in to their updates.

What do you dislike?

Although the reporting is robust I would love to have a little more project management type functionalities in the software. We use the tasks to assign work and it would be great to be able to use this feature in conjunction with resource allocation/management to see capacity. Admittedly there are features of Intervals that we do not utilize, however it would be great to get some schedule/budget reporting that is more flexible.

We adopted Intervals for time tracking early on and have been pleased with the results. We also use the system to create task requests and assigned tasks to team members.

Intervals review by Cristina T.
Cristina T.

"Intervals is great for managing time"

What do you like best?

As a project manager, intervals helps me create tasks for the many people that I work with and make sure they are done on time and correctly. Intervals is an integral part in our daily task management and helps us keep track of where we are spending our time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to switch to the advanced editor to use common typographical features in the tasks like bold. It's a step that seems unnecessary.

I use intervals for project management and making sure my team mates know what they need to do and when it's done. It's very easy to get projects done this way.

Intervals review by Sean C.
Sean C.

"Overall A Solid Product"

What do you like best?

The ability to track exactly where your time is going in an individual day, week, or month. Also the timer is quite useful. When I start a task I just click - start, leave it and when I go to enter my time it tells me exactly how long it took me. No more scribbling on the bottoms of pages start times & end times.

What do you dislike?

Setting up projects then task all individually can be tedious. They should make a more viable and user friendly template system

Time management - I have noticed a significant increase in efficiency when you can see exactly where time goes each day.

Intervals review by Administrator

"Im working with Intervals site and with Intervals API as admin role manage projects every day"

What do you like best?

It cover everything what is needed to manage projects, clients, tasks. API interface cover almost system features

What do you dislike?

API side issue: its impossible to assign user to project task if he is not assigned to project, but its impossible to assign user to project with API, so if I create new project/tasks with API I cant assign users with API - I need to go to admin side and assign users to project manually after that I can assign projects to tasks

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement API user to project assignation

We solving the problem of project managing and project work hours tracking and calculating staff salaries hourly based

Intervals review by Ron G.
Ron G.

"3 year user. Employ Task management, time, status, document delivery. "

What do you like best?

Personalized assignment and status of tasks dues. ability to attach documents, media, etc. Time tracking if desired.

What do you dislike?

a bit cumbersome to begin. I'd like a more customized dashboard screen -- allowing user to choose what is displayed larger and higher on the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

stay with it.. it gets easier.

Tracking assignments and due dates. Keeps me on schedule. Multiple parties can view the project.

Intervals review by Sherrie Niemtschk F.
Sherrie Niemtschk F.

"Works wonderfully for what we need. "

What do you like best?

Ease of project input, time sheet entry and time / project reports.

What do you dislike?

cannot change some features, dont understand / cannot change some of the financial data so show what i want. Would like to be able customize access for different users. I dont like having to set up tasks for each project. There should be a main task list we can choose from and assign to projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very dependent on individual requirements.

timekeeping make easier more dependable. More project info is available in one place than with other programs we have used. Ability to attach documents.

Intervals review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"Creative Specialist"

What do you like best?

I like the ability our team has to stay organized, while also collaborating on a project and seeing where our project stands, based on time recorded, as well as comments that different users make.

What do you dislike?

Our office sometimes struggles with keeping track of all the of tickets and tasks in our system. The user interface is also starting to look dated. I wish the interface felt a little bit more like basecamp. In fact, our office currently uses basecamp as well, but if we could do everything in intervals, we probably would.

Project Management, User support tickets.

Intervals review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Business user of Intervals for 5 years plus"

What do you like best?

We can manage projects either based on fixed quotes, or time and materials open-ended projects.

It helps us relate easch task and the time taken for it, to the eventual billing, so we can apply intelligence to the business and how we run it.

What do you dislike?

Some of the team find it difficult to find their way round in there. Certain views of a project cannot be created, and so some of the data that is put in becomes hard to access or visualise in a usable form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its comprehensive, but not always user friendly. Copes well with projects both quoted and ongoing.

Relate individual activities to billing.

Monitor billed hours, who carries them out.

Report on projct status and billing.

A joined up approach right through from allocating the work, to understanding its value.

Intervals review by Deepa D.
Deepa D.

"Interval works best to track our work time "

What do you like best?

We can access interval from anywhere. We don't have to be in office specially to access Intervals.

We can get report the way we want such as pie chat, etc.

What do you dislike?

Time in three decimal.

Sometimes confusing while searching for a particular task on it.

There is no option of assigning a particular team to the Manager.

Do not see much difference in Manager's access& Admin access.

We assign team to the manager. As it doesn't give access to approve timesheet at manager's level but only for Admin level.

Tracking Time for our employees.

Intervals review by Danielle C.
Danielle C.

"Efficient Project Management Software"

What do you like best?

The software is very robust and allows for customizations to make it work for your organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are too many features and I wish that they could be hidden.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely suggest trying Intervals out. Their pricing is competitive and it works well for an advertising agency.

This allows us to manage our client and internal projects and keep track of how much time we spend on each project. We have been able to streamline our process, increasing our profit margin.

Intervals review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Generally good experience"

What do you like best?

Hierarchical relationships between client, project, and task make it easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the timesheet format...wish I could pick my tasks at the beginning of the week and keep assigning time to them throughout the week (maybe I'm using the wrong style of timesheet). Also would like the relationship of estimates to actuals to be more clear...the estimates I enter when I create the project don't do anything that I know of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, I think Intervals is a great solution for time-tracking and overall project management. There are fancier products out there, but this does the basics.

I wasn't involved with the purchase of Intervals and came on board when it was pretty ingrained. Our needs are primarily around billable time tracking and project progress.

Intervals review by Consultant in Information Services
Consultant in Information Services

"A very good help during the work day"

What do you like best?

I love Intervals because it is easy to use.

I can save in one place all the activities of my day.

At the end of the month it helps me figure out what to charge the customer and has excellent tools to verify my income.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Intervals does not notify me if someone edit my time. I also send an email to intervals team but they have not implemented yet the feature.

The request queue sometimes does not work correctly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, intuitive!

We use intervals in major way to tracking time of the people and in minor time to make Project Management.

We solved the problem of customer care with the creation of the task from Request queue.

We use reports

Intervals review by Kannan S.
Kannan S.

"Capable Project-Resource management tool"

What do you like best?

Mr. Pie Chart and other reporting functions are excellent.

What do you dislike?

Should include a provision to search time data based on "keyword" search on Time descriptions

Able to extract total time effort based on different Worktypes, modules, projects and use this as a benchmark for new projects.

Intervals review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Intervals has changed the landscape of our company......to the positive."

What do you like best?

Ease of use & reliability. We have enjoyed learning while we work. The learning curve was extremely short, which equals dollars saved in lost hours.

What do you dislike?

Mobile platform is difficult to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be scared.

Organization & job tracking.

Web based total solution.

Intervals review by Dustin D.
Dustin D.

"Hesitant at first, but now habitual. "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and helps you keep on schedule.

What do you dislike?

the mandatory fields like milestone. I have to upload a milestone first than tasks. Wish I could bulk upload all at once.

it helps us keep track on time spent on clients/.

Intervals review by Kole M.
Kole M.

"Not bad!"

What do you like best?

Tough question. It's intuitive, I was able to get up and running without much help.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet, it could be prettier I guess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make a habit. Have it open on a regular basis and you'll get used to it.

Time tracking.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Tool for Increased Productivity"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the workflow process. Intervals makes it easy to go from setting up a Client, to Project, to Tasks.

What do you dislike?

Taking files from intervals to email is challenging. PDF's work easy but when other file types like EPS & JPGS are much more challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be great if there was a signature/client proofing integration. A component where we send proofs to clients and then have them sign the proof and it be atomically added to the task and the status changed.

We use intervals as a strong project management platforms that allows us to better track project hours. In addition, it allows us to better manger individual designers work loads.

Intervals review by James U.
James U.

"Intervals for creative agencies"

What do you like best?

Great for accurate time keeping, so useful to have all the relevant information in one platform.

What do you dislike?

I'd prefer to see a slicker looking page, with more consideration to the aesthetic and user-ability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to use Intervals as a one stop shop for accurate time keeping, project management and invoicing I can't think of a better platform.

From time-keeping through invoicing Intervals is a really useful tool to use in the design and PR industry.

Intervals review by Administrator in Plastics
Administrator in Plastics

"Great PM tool!"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use and teach my employees how to use it as well.

What do you dislike?

No easy mobile app unfortunately. They should create an easy mobile app that includes a stopwatch like feature and you can apply it like a task.

This tool allows us to show how much time and value we are delivering to our customers and they really appreciate that. It also allows us to justify new purchases or expenses to upper management

Intervals review by David V.
David V.

"The best solution for our firm is Intervals"

What do you like best?

A very powerful and complete system for managing small and large projects. Excellent time tracking tools and ways to customize the system for our needs.

What do you dislike?

The user interface takes some getting use to.

Project, Task Management and billing.

Intervals review by Tim P.
Tim P.

"Good with some issues"

What do you like best?

Great at opening projects and tasks. Solid time tracking.

What do you dislike?

When you close a project, it will keep tasks open associated with it. Wish when you closed higher level stuff, it automatically closed lower level. Edit time on a project from any place you can see time would be awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mr. pie chart is the best quick view of time. Project summary has been best for budget managment for us.

Time tracking and job numbering system.

"Media Services Manager"

What do you like best?

The ability to do things in more than one way/view.

What do you dislike?

Things can sometimes get lost or become complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn how to use all of the features, not just the ones that you think will be applicable to your business. Often, we find that we are able to use intervals for more than what we originally thought.

We are able to track projects and assign things appropriately which is extremely beneficial.

Intervals review by Thinus P.
Thinus P.

"2 years and still going strong"

What do you like best?

Straightforward and intuitive with enough customisation options

What do you dislike?

Would like an additional filter level under Client Name before you drill down to Project level

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your project up and running in minutes. Once the basics are captured you can continue making changes and finetuning to make it work for your specific needs. Time tracking a bonus but can also be used as a standalone function

Keeping documentation and correspondence in one place.

Intervals review by Ben S.
Ben S.

"Invaluable project management tool"

What do you like best?

Excellent value for money, simple for my team to use

What do you dislike?

User interface could be updated - it looks very 2009

Helps with project reporting for government grants

Intervals review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"A good platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand and use. Very effective with time log and task assignements and progress check. Wide range of reporting. Very useful when incorporating emails into tasks. We also use to track documents revisions.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike, simply it sized for some kind of applications

We are a design and manufacturing company and we use it to manage all our projects and tasks. The main benefit is to have everything under control and real time feedbacks. Moreover it allows the delegation of assignements and management of the system. Finally the time tracking and reporting is very effective and provide a lot of useful information.

Intervals review by Stephen F.
Stephen F.

"Intervals has been a life saver for our business! "

What do you like best?

I love the intuitive interface. The project management and time tracking has been a life saver for our business!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I necessarily dislike. We would love to be able to set notification reminders on tasks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use it! There is a learning curb for all software but this is definitely worth your time!

We are a web development company that provides exceptional customer service to our users.

Intervals review by Administrator

"Efficient & simple to use"

What do you like best?

Simplicity; the ease of tracking time with Intervals helps to encourage users who generally don't like to stop for administrative exercises. Most just keep the web page open and enter as they go. Entering the data near real-time helps to improve overall data quality.

What do you dislike?

The ability to create teams, groups or departments would be a helpful feature for data analysis. Excel report layouts could be more pivot table ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to benchmark using the free trial.

Presently, we're only interested in where our time is going. You can't improve your project time estimating, if you don't know how accurate your estimate was the last time.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Works well and includes a lot of slice and dice reporting"

What do you like best?

The ability to use several levels of client, project and tasks means we can take a large client group and organize our tasks in a very structured way,

What do you dislike?

Assigning of tasks is difficult when you have to do in for individual tasks

The tracking of revenue and expenditures is a nice feature we utilize to track supplemental revenue for post-contract additions.

Intervals review by Jeff D.
Jeff D.

"Best Time Management Software"

What do you like best?

Easy way to enter time, track budgets and manage clients

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a dedicated app for loggin time

Time management, budget reporting

Intervals review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Need to review your employees daily work go to MYINTERVALS!!"

What do you like best?

As we are an IT Industry we have numerous tasks & projects where our employees work on. With MYintervals it is easy to access and manage employees task & project as well as employee information.

What do you dislike?

You cannot view the timesheets of an employee at once, as in we need to click next for each week by week.

It will be good if we can view the timesheets in one go at least for a month.

It is easy to check the no. of hours the employee has worked and bill the client after internal verification.

Intervals review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Good software but didn't do everything we needed"

What do you like best?

Reporting on time tracked by individual, project, estimated vs. actual, etc. Reports were easy and customized reports could be saved.

What do you dislike?

The resource management feature did not work as well as we needed it to and it also didn't allow for adequate timeline management for clients. No client access into system. No ability to manage forecast work and to project how forecasted and committed work looked in our allocations.

Project Management, Resource Management, Budget Management, Scheduling - we were able to manage projects and budgets successfully - resources, timelines and projected/forecasted billings/projects not as much.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Intervals The Taskmaster Cometh"

What do you like best?

Integration and task queues are on point. I assign and direct tasks in my organization on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

as great as it is not there is a lack of customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are always additional can do's and want to do's. maybe more customization and more automation this way when a taskmaster is reviewing he can attach rules to certain task so they automatically go through.

task queue, fix it tickets. keeping everyone in the loop with comments etc, also the favourite views are a cool feature I think is helpful.

Intervals review by Jacob T.
Jacob T.

"Organized management in one platform "

What do you like best?

I enjoy how we are able to use Intervals for a wide variety of our clients regardless of the Industry they are in.

What do you dislike?

I wish the dashboard a wider array of customizable options.

Juggling over 50 automotive dealerships and all the jobs associated with marketing. This platform helps maintain all the details in one place.

Intervals review by Juan M. C.
Juan M. C.

"Feedback on Intervals"

What do you like best?

Project Management capabilities and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Reporting features are lacking more customization

Project Task organizations

"Great for Its Purpose"

What do you like best?

It is not bloated. Unlike other time trackers, I feel like it does not purposefully try to be extra helpful or always have updates to learn. It's easy to learn and make a habit of.

What do you dislike?

The UI. The design is not very good. It was the only aspect of the product that made it difficult for me to get used to when I was a new user. It looks very outdated.

Tracking time. I notice how much time i spend on tasks now and have better personal time management

Intervals review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"A complete project management platform "

What do you like best?

The cost and the ability to assign statuses

What do you dislike?

No sub tasking ability. I'd like the ability to create tasks within tasks

Every person on a project can see the current activity, as well as the complete history. Every person knows what is their responsibility and when it needs to be complete.

"Intervals Review"

What do you like best?

Time Tracking options, completion customization on segmented views, reports.

What do you dislike?

The notification email needs to be more forward and direct. It's hard to find the task comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out the modules and work types early on to avoid gaps in data.

Using the app universally for a creative agency. Mainly software projects. It offers a universal view of your projects. I really like Intervals however the Business Development team seeks something that they can integrate with their sales CRM. There needs to be a tool in there for sales.

"Great project snapshots"

What do you like best?

I rely on the project summaries to give me a good project overview and then I can dive deeper into individual time entries. I've used other software, but am happy with how easy intervals is to use.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could edit a work hourly rate for a whole project in one step.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use it successfully even though we don't use the whole suite.

Keeping track of projects in order to ensure we're profitable on our projects and have accountability to ourselves and to our clients.

Intervals review by Administrator

"A great experience with a professional platform"

What do you like best?

It allows for daily activity prioritization

Keeps a history of daily activities

It allows easy customization to a certain degree

What do you dislike?

Fully customized reports cant be generated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fairly inexpensive tool

Easy to use

Good price to quality reatio

Creating daily tasks

Client request are tracked and embedded into daily tasks

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Intervals is an excellent PM software for agencies "

What do you like best?

Intervals is comparably priced to other PM software and offers robust integrations and task dependencies. I have personally had an excellent experience using this product and can safely say that it is one of the most robust options for the price.

What do you dislike?

It may be too robust / complicated at times and lacks the aesthetic appeal that creatives sometimes need in order to engage fully in the product's process.

We are able to become much more efficient with our time tracking, billing, and project budgets with Intervals.

Intervals review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Gets the Job Done!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can log your time with a timer and keep your schedule in check!

What do you dislike?

It doesn't easily integrate with custom software

We need to keep projects on time and schedule - and I realized that it does help keep your hours in check.

Administrator in Internet

"Intervals is a great way to keep track of clients, projects and tasks."

What do you like best?

Intervals easily allows the staff to communicate about jobs and projects.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike, but there are features I do not use.

Just keeping up with a job and who has completed what....Intervals allows us to see steps taken and next steps.

Intervals review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Program to work with daily"

What do you like best?

The ease and efficiency of the program, quick responses from the staff when need assistance.

What do you dislike?

Nothing the program works excellent for what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and find the right program for all of your needs.

Time Management and effective solutions

Intervals review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"good for time sheet management"

What do you like best?

Strong and flexible reporting functionality allows for good analysis of personnel

What do you dislike?

Being web-based, it leaves us in a problem when we have poor internet connectivity - a common problem in developing countries

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Helps us to quickly prepare invoices for our client

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Intervals helps us with all aspects of our company. Love it!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would change is the ability for executive users to be able to send comment to other executive users.

It has really helped up better track time.

"Intervals project management"

What do you like best?

I can organize tasks and projects with ease and invoice clients with certainty.

What do you dislike?

The program runs well and meets my needs.

Project management and client invoicing. The benefit is that I can keep control over the work we perform for clients.

Intervals review by Executive Sponsor in Religious Institutions
Executive Sponsor in Religious Institutions

"Intervals is very well rounded"

What do you like best?

That is has a well rounded group of tools all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more improvements and bringing things up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need tasking, hours, billing, tracking, reports etc, it is great.

Software developement

Intervals review by Cathy S.
Cathy S.

"Mimix specialist"

What do you like best?

Easy to keep track of task and assign time spent working on task

What do you dislike?

Description of task field needs to be longer

Allows us to track what everyone is working on. Can use for billing as well

Intervals review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Excellent straight forward task management software"

What do you like best?

ease of use

free

addresses all current business requirements for task management

What do you dislike?

would like to be able to paste screenshots straight into the editor

more options available in plain text editor

Task management, task delegation

"Intervals Review"

What do you like best?

In-house and external users allowed, allowing communication and documentation sharing to clients and internal team.

What do you dislike?

lack of allocation management, does not fulfill all

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Time tracking, client communication, file storing

Intervals review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to implement and use."

What do you like best?

Fast to get to the sections you need. Multiple entry points to common functions.

What do you dislike?

Would like more default settings for common tasks, such as entering time.

Task management and a central location for project descriptions, comments and information

Intervals review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great product, needs some love in the look and feel department "

What do you like best?

Reporting is powerful, flexibility in how you run your projects.

What do you dislike?

It seems to take too long to create a task, maybe have a quick add option

Good reports on estimates vs. actual reports

Intervals review by User in Internet

"Great time keeping and project management tool for the price "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, many features. Appreciate the reports and charts.

What do you dislike?

The setup for Work types is a bit annoying sometimes.

Makes it easy for us to monitor our billable hours for clients.

Intervals review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="3e080ffb-1d69-4cf4-b29d-25d4f5ad846d">John D.</span>
John D.
" itemprop="name" />

"Founding Partner"

What do you like best?

The most effect project management tool we have used... soon to be FOUR year relationship!

What do you dislike?

We sure could use an additional client project proofing option!

Absolutely grown our business!

"Very easy to use!"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to track my time spent on different projects

What do you dislike?

The search function doesn't work, even though I use for the exact title of a task

Time tracking

Intervals review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Metroconnections tech team"

What do you like best?

Simple to use and very intuitive. It saves our team a lot of time and headache.

What do you dislike?

Theme of the site could be updated. The site looks a little outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for project management. No experience with using it as time management.

We are using intervals to manage client changes for websites and registration forms. Much simpler to use than dealing with emails back and forth.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good but needs to be mobile friendly"

What do you like best?

Task tracking and time tracking. Like the milestones feature.

What do you dislike?

Not mobile friendly. We are mobile and it's very challenging to utilize

Tracking billable time.

Project management.

"Excellent Experience!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the community most and interaction! I feel that I have learn a lot more about the business world and how to properly prepare for future aspirations.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing, I found that they are truly connected to everything I was looking for.

We are attempting to resolve project management skills and time management skills for all team members.

Intervals review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="84867212-624e-48f9-8c73-993eda4c00c4">Roberto F.</span>
Roberto F.
" itemprop="name" />

"Administration controller"

What do you like best?

Fast interaction and friendly interaface.

What do you dislike?

Not compatible whit our accounting program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

French translation. (Québec)

Nice control of projets and time descriptions.

Intervals review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy, but limited project management. "

What do you like best?

Time tracking plus creating, managing, and closing tasks is extremely easy.

What do you dislike?

The API to integrate into other software like Slack or Google Calendar leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to start out with. If they start adding more methods to use their API, Intervals can be extremely competitive.

Minimized the time spent tracking time.

Intervals review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Program Use It Everyday"

What do you like best?

Time management and user-friendly it is great for anyone in the company

What do you dislike?

It does not show me the comments when broken up into graphs

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the first program I use of its kind and i think it's great to keep accountability of time.

Time management

Intervals review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Nice features and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ease of tracking projects and the tasks within those products.

What do you dislike?

Monthly credit card billing. Needs to have an annual option or purchase order capability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared with other products, this has the best value.

We're managing healthcare application development within our organization.

Intervals review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Helpful for companies like us who are project-based."

What do you like best?

Intervals is User-friendly and simple to use. The cost is also practical.

What do you dislike?

We are using Quickbooks (not online) but wishing you have Payroll in Intervals where we can generate invoice to subcontractors.

linking payroll in Quickbooks to Intervals

Intervals review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Intervals Project Review"

What do you like best?

Lots of flexibility, and many functions can be used.

What do you dislike?

It is definitely not intuitive, many times you must try several items to get what you want.

Easier access to project information.

Intervals review by User in Plastics
User in Plastics

"Intervals Review"

What do you like best?

Ability to document and track all aspects of the projects and time management

What do you dislike?

Some of the most useful elements are found by accident

Managing several creatives on multiple development programs

"Review of Intervals"

What do you like best?

Simple to understand and use once you learn the software.

What do you dislike?

Takes some time to learn all facets of program. Unusable on mobile.

Product management and processes

"ADN-organisations"

What do you like best?

user friendly, user friendly, user friendly,

What do you dislike?

only in English, only in English, only in English,

Time managing

Learn more about Intervals

Intervals Videos

Learning about Intervals?

* We monitor all Intervals reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.