Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Intricately

(27 reviews)

Intricately is a real-time data-driven market intelligence for cloud, mobile, and SaaS ecosystems.

Work for Intricately?

Learning about Intricately?

Intricately Reviews

Ask Intricately a Question
Showing 27 Intricately reviews
Intricately review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Intricately review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for full reviews as well as the quick preview the popup gives me. Sometimes when I am even browsing a website on my spare time, I will see something that sticks out and I will look into them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the accuracy. I am not sure where the information is all sourced from but a lot of the information is incorrect. This is disappointing when I use the info while talking to a customer and they call out that it is wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve the accuracy of information on the app.

Intricately helps me a lot with qualification. We are not technically compatible with every company out there so it helps save the time of reaching out to learn their info when I have it right in front of me.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Intricately
Intricately review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"The quickest way to understand a website's technology stack."

What do you like best?

Technology adoption by domain/subdomain.

What do you dislike?

Inability to force a re-crawl of a site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a product that can show you technologies in an easy to digest view and you want to understand to what extent each technology is being used, then Intricately is the only product that will help provide the level of context that you'll learn to love and after you've begun to use Intricately, you'll wonder how you survived without it.

I use Intricately for a quick, at a glance view of websites that I visit. My best sales prospecting occurs when I'm at home and not working. When I visit a website to read an article, or to download a game that I want to play then I have a habit of opening Intricately to have a quick, at a glance view of a website/company's technology stack.

I love how Intricately not only tells me what technologies a specific company is using, but it will also tell me what other websites are relevant to the one that I originally inquired about and it will break down the company's use of various technologies by the specific domain(s) and subdomain(s) that are actively and currently using them.

Knowing that a company is using Akamai and CloudFront for CDN doesn't really help me. But when I click on each, and I'm shown the same domains are using both of these technologies then I can reasonably assume they're using both and one is a backup while the other is the primary.

I'm also able to understand which vendor(s) of a specific technology is being used more than another vendor of a similar technology. Using the same example, if Akamai represents 20 domains and CloudFront only represents 5 domains then I I can assume they're spending more money with Akamai and because I know Akamai is generally more expensive than CloudFront then I can also assume they have a larger budget which is helps me give me an idea of what they can or cannot afford.

On top of all this, some times people test technologies but they aren't necessarily permanently using them. The last thing I want is to email a prospect because I was using a tool that only showed me what technologies they're using with no context of what domains or subdomains are using them.

If Google Cloud Platform (Hosting) represents 99 domains for a particular company with Instart Logic representing 1 domain called "test-prod.companyname.com" then I may want to consider telling the prospect at this company that I'm aware their testing Instart Logic and I'd like them to try our solution for a performance comparison. Assuming they're using Instart Logic would make me lose credibility if they're simply testing it for three weeks.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

Intricately review by User

"works really well and happy with the product"

What do you like best?

i like how the intergrations for each website show up automatically on the website when checking out prospects. i am a sales development representative so i am looking for new companies to prospect into and i try to find companies that will purchase datadog and trying to find companies with for example aws or azure use is helpful and intricately shows that when i go to their website

What do you dislike?

honestly, it's hard to say that i dislike anything about intricately. you guys are doing your best to get the information we need about different companies and there's only so much you can do. obviously, the more companies you guys have information for it will help me because then it will be easier to start conversations with a cold outreach as a sales development representative

Recommendations to others considering the product

none. i love the product! thanks.

understanding what technologies and services prospects/companies are using so that my cold outreach shows that i have done research on the company prior to reaching out.

Intricately review by Ellen M.
Ellen M.

"Interesting view to technographic data."

What do you like best?

1) Financial view of technographics spends, works well to understand how much a company can spend.

2) The level based view of the data can help directly segment your target groups

3) easy layout and web based platform removes long contracts and commitments

What do you dislike?

1) Accuracy is not very high especially with medium sector companies

2) accounts can only be searched by domain, so the problem of regional account technographics are not available.

3) Customer service is really bad

4) Not much idea on how to commercially use it for our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best leveraged if your prospect discovery involves understanding technographic budgets.

Helping us understand the approx technology spends of accounts.

Benefits:

1) better prioritization of our accounts and easier access to budgets on technology spends. Helps in better solution packaging

Intricately review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Product is just what a sales guy like me needs"

What do you like best?

Easy. Insightful. Meaningful data. Free (What? Are you kidding me? Doesn't get any better than that) for a one man band like me (I'm a 1099 technology broker). I told Mike (CEO/co-founder) that I'd pay good money for this product but his mindset is the small guys like me deserve it at no charge and the big boys who need it on mass scale will pay. Love it. It also is accurate, so far. I have an idea of what my customers spend on some tools, first hand knowledge, and Intricately seems to be match what they say.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. I need to use it more to right fully accurate and worthy reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep it insightful and simple. Also accurate.

I get real insight in to the products my prospects and customers use so I know exactly what I can offer them.

Intricately review by Nick H.
Nick H.

"Essential tool for prospecting & account insights"

What do you like best?

Love that SaaS products are splits out and others are categorised effectively. First tool I've seen which shows spend by product as well. There are several platforms listed which I'm not able to find insights on elsewhere. The sales/service I have received also seems to be relatively personal, so I get the sense that the business really cares about its users - whereas other similar apps are limited and require higher spend, and features seem to degrade over time for free users.

What do you dislike?

Load times can be improved, which aren't so bad. I'd love more detail on the individual app usage, if possible, but it is at least good to be able to view more info on the products listed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test on sites which you already know the spend for, just to validate that this tool is providing accurate results. Compare to other popular apps and you should find more product gaps in competitive solutions.

I'm able to sell & service better with the insights the tool offers me. There have been a few scenarios where I have used it to understand whether a business fell into a certain spend category, and if they used products which would suggest there should be considered as an innovator, early adopter, or laggard.

Intricately review by Rich L.
Rich L.

"The best tool for targeting specific tech usage"

What do you like best?

I am in a cloud specialist sales role, fishing in a tiny pond. As part of an incubation team, I have a very limited addressable market to work with, so it's critical that I have visibility into the investments my prospects are making into major public cloud environments (IaaS / PaaS / SaaS).

Intricately allows me to go the prospect's website, click a browser plug-in and instantly see if and where they're spending on cloud services. With the new smart list tool, I can use some simple filters to target a specific audience for a more focused email or telephone campaign. Both of the tools give me the intel I need to really craft my messaging in a manner that should resonate with my prospects.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have contact info for the decision makers. There are however other tools I can use in conjunction with Intricately to find the contacts I am looking for.

-lack of insight into which companies are deploying apps in the cloud.

-within that group, the ability to focus on industries that require regulatory compliance to protect sensitive data. I sell cloud security solutions, so tapping into industries that require state and/or federal compliance is important to me.

"Intricately Review"

What do you like best?

Really great pluggin to google chrome. I love the ability to quickly pull up what technologies companies are utilizing. This helps great with my ability to prospect companies and find individuals who can benefit from Datadog.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that at times it can be inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool and definitely will be able to help tech companies.

I'm trying to identify tech stacks of companies to determine whether or not there is a use case and I can properly sell to them. If the company doesn't have a good tech stack or is hosted on prem, I might not waste my time with them. I have realized that it is slightly inaccurate at times.

Intricately review by John L.
John L.

"SDR - Intricately"

What do you like best?

I have been able to use intricately to make cold calls feel significantly warmer because I have an understanding of the technologies my prospect is using before I have ever made contact. I am prepared with rebuttals, use cases, etc.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes- it is not safe to assume that every person I reach out to is using every technology listed. You must be careful to not disclose any inaccurate information.

My ability to have a conversation with a prospect about his/her work environment without having to ask them directly makes me sound much more prepared and has increased my success rate.

"Intricately"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the aspect of getting insight in to some of the tools that a customer is using. Intricately allows me to gain insight and cater the messaging around my outreach to a customer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I dislike that Intricately will give me information that is not all that accurate. Some of the information when I speak with customers seems to not be 100 percent accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it with a grain of salt, not everything that is shown is actually true. Use it for ammo but don't rely 100% on the information that is shown.

I am trying to solve the tech stacks that customers are using so I can target my messaging around their exact stack. It has allowed me to have more direct conversations with prospects as I can speak to what they are working with.

Intricately review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"intricately Review"

What do you like best?

I like the google chrome extension, it makes for a super quick overview and easy to use information attachment

What do you dislike?

I don't like that they recently started charging to get basic info that isn't always correct- it's a very high level skim of the tech stack

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have some way of letting users know you're verifying the tech stack- it would make paying for it much more justifiable

I can quickly use it as a reference point of a company's tech stack and confirm those techs with other resources so it helps narrow things down but I always double check it

Intricately review by Nikola V.
Nikola V.

"Tool for sales professionals."

What do you like best?

With Intricately I have finally founded my daily basis Sales instrument that is a great source of leads. I can qualify, understand and use data in order to create all kind of lists that can help me produce final outcome. Simple and very understandable.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes data need to be revalidated and reports recreated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tool is amazing and every sales pro from industry should use it.

Major problems like digging the gold in dark. This way, I can clearly see the volume of business and if the prospect is even good for contacting.

Intricately review by Patrick L.
Patrick L.

"Loved it from the start!"

What do you like best?

The plug-in! Seamless and reliable. It gives me the confidence to start a conversation with an end user about there migration strategy in the public cloud.

What do you dislike?

Well, I wouldn't mind if it helped me pinpoint a contact :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for an enterprise agreement for your whole sales team. They will use it everyday and the ROI is there!

Intricately allows my team to find a company's(with a public facing website) footprint in the public cloud.

Intricately review by DJ K.
DJ K.

"use for sourcing AWS users"

What do you like best?

works great for seeing if the site or app for a company is hosted on AWS - our target market

What do you dislike?

doesn't always seem to be accurate, but good for first touch

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it out and make sure it meets your requirements - has a specific niche

sourcing our target market

Intricately review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Intricately helps me see what tools companies are using in their tech stack. "

What do you like best?

I like how the product allows you to take a good look at what a company is using in their tech stack.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the times the information on this app is wrong. many times it will say they are using AWS and they arent.

Intricately review by Marc L.
Marc L.

"Find company's tech stack"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly reference some technologies a company is using if I can't find more information through job postings.

What do you dislike?

The inaccuracy of reports. It would be helpful if they provided insight into how they pull this information. I have mentioned technology when speaking to prospects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't consider the information accurate but use it as a baseline for a conversation

Additional information on the team's technology

Intricately review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"A must have ABM tool for technology marketers "

What do you like best?

They deliver what they claim. The data being availble even on chrome extension is cool.

What do you dislike?

The current pricing options are PRICEY!

Identifying the technology stack of your target account is gold for any tech sales & marketing roles. Intricately not only provide that but also a ballpark of the spend they do. spend data is not perfect though. but most time even CIOs won't know their spend

Intricately review by Elena S.
Elena S.

"Intricately"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I dislike restrictions on the length of smart lists (even for paid accounts). The export feature seems to produce slightly incorrect CSV files - commas in data columns are not always escaped.

Intricately helps to find "the needle in hay" and to quickly reduce a large number of potential customers to the really interesting ones

Intricately review by User in Information Technology and Services

"I like this tool for my every day work"

What do you like best?

The Chrome extension is very stable which makes using Intricately insight for every day work easy and transparent.

The insight information is good also and it is a good start for prospect purpose.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found out so far. If have to name one, I would say If the tool can connect to LinkedIn profile of potential prospects that will be perfect.

Target the right prospect for our CDN business for each region.

Intricately review by User

"Great for a baseline understanding on what types of tech is being used"

What do you like best?

It is a great resource to understand which types of technologies are being used at prospect companies, Especially AWS and GC

What do you dislike?

The accuracy is not always correct and when you mention the tech stack that is mentioned through intricately and you are incorrect it sends the conversation down the wrong path unless you are able to shift the conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use only as a baseline and don't take it for 100% truth

I am able to identify most time if our competitors are being utilized by our prospects.

Intricately review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use product that offers useful insights"

What do you like best?

We use Intricately to analyze what type of market share we have with certain customer groups. The company's mass upload and download tool is exactly what we need, giving us an easy way to quickly pull data on a cohort and analyze it in excel.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the buckets they used for spend were a little more detailed. That said, I understand that's likely a tough number to get at.

It's rather hard to get a view into how much certain companies are spending with their service providers. With Intricately we are able to get an estimate of how much of a company's spend we have.

Intricately review by Alayzain (Zain) R.
Alayzain (Zain) R.

"Efficient and Effective "

What do you like best?

Easy to use smart filters that allow for quick and effective reports.

What do you dislike?

If I where to change anything with Intricately it would be a number of exports monthly. Instead of 250, I'd change it to 500.

I've bee able to increase my workflow dramatically by creating smart lists to extract needed data that would else wise consume most of my day.

Intricately review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing breadth of product"

What do you like best?

I especially like the enrichment and the smart lists feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the estimates or sometime off by factor of ten. Would like some clarity on how these estimates are made.

Solving the problem of better understanding my customers needs.

Intricately review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"HQ Account Manager"

What do you like best?

Google plug in to quickly review cloud spend

What do you dislike?

would like more vendors identified (KEMP, OpenStack, Nginix,)

I'm able to see where workloads live, super helpful for my work.

Intricately review by Justin L.
Justin L.

"Lots of detailed information and very easy to use."

What do you like best?

Very easy to create a search list based on the parameters I entered.

What do you dislike?

Limits on exports per month, I tried several lists before I narrowed down what I needed.

Business development

Intricately review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Intricately is accurate and extremely Intelligent"

What do you like best?

I just like its accuracy for sure, the detailed information that it provides is commendable.

What do you dislike?

I guess nothing, there is nothing to dislike about it.

I have my sales research being done with intricately, specially for CDN and related services, and I have got all those information with this.

Intricately review by Consultant

"Extremely valuable tool!"

What do you like best?

Instant intelligence and overview of services consumed by my customers and prospects!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is dated and not accurate.

Give me a great profile of what services my customers and prospects use.

Learning about Intricately?

* We monitor all Intricately reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.