Inventor LT

Inventor LT™ software introduces 3D mechanical CAD into your 2D workflows.

Work for Inventor LT?
Onshape productmachinedesign  logo

Learning about Inventor LT?

Compare Inventor LT to Similar Solutions

Inventor LT Reviews

Showing 11 Inventor LT reviews
Inventor LT review by <span>Haytham E.</span>
Haytham E.

simple but not that important

What do you like best?

I like the whole concept of inventor LT

user friendly

simple

easy to learn and exactly the same as Inventor you don't need any other training

A lot of variants that cover all the aspect I require

I can do all of my mechanical drawing and designs

I can save my designs in different formats I can send it easily send it to the customers

What do you dislike?

I don't see the point of it I can just use inventor it has more features and more possibilities I know the idea behind it is that it is cheaper but in the problem, I will end up buying inventor

Recommendations to others considering the product

they should increase more features so we don't need to use any other project but in general for small business it is fine

it is a perfect tool for mechanical engineers as we need for 3D design and technical drawings I used it in all of these aspects but we bought inventor in the end because we needed more features

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Inventor LT
Inventor LT review by <span>Alex L.</span>
Alex L.

Inventor LT Experience

What do you like best?

Inventor LT offers an easy-to-use set of tools for 3D mechanical design, documentation, and product simulation. Personally, the thing I really like is it is relatively easier to learn how to use the software as a new user. It took me 30 minutes to figure out 70% of the functions. And after reading some materials and guidelines online, I could say I know 90% of this software. Technically, it is a powerful software for designers. You can apply this software on various jobs as long as they require 3D approaches.

What do you dislike?

One of the cons is it takes a while to actually remember what all these functions are and how they work. Sometimes you know what you want in your mind, but somehow it takes a while to figure it out what function to use and where to find these function. But once you get familiar with the software, you won't have such problem.

Product Design; It saves me a lot of time and the effects and really good and amazing.

What Product and Machine Design solution do you use?

Inventor LT review by User in Railroad Manufacture
User in Railroad Manufacture

Excellent way to introduce yourself to solid modeling...

What do you like best?

It's got nearly all the functionality that the full version does, short of doing assemblies. It's fairly straightforward to get into, and there are tons of tutorials and forums to learn from.

What do you dislike?

Being as though its so full featured, you can get a little lost in all of the options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will probably want to jump to the full version of Inventor at some point, but LT will give you a great introduction without breaking the bank, and certainly let you know whether it will be a good fit for your company or not.

We are doing more and more solid modeling to determine feasibility of production for rubber molded parts. With this software we can get fairly accurate weights to proceed with our estimates.

Inventor LT review by User

Good 3D CAD

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use that Inventor provides. For that matter, I am a fan of all Autodesk products. I really like the powerful part level parametric drawing capability of Inventor the most. It is best for someone who is looking to learn the ropes in 3D designing and drafting.

What do you dislike?

I dont think it is the best fit for use in any large scale industry. It can be great for companies of smaller sizes and work forces but for the truly global ones, I am yet to be convinced that Inventor has the same strength and capabilities as SolidWorks or Pro-E

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a really good software to start learning the ropes in Engineering design.

I used Inventor in college a lot for design classes and in digital prototyping. The software held up pretty well, even when drawing and working with really complex figures and drawings.

Inventor LT review by <span>Cody M.</span>
Cody M.

Essential to everyday tasks

What do you like best?

Although there is a slight learning curve, very easy to pick up on after a bit of usage. My company I am interning for uses this to design new parts, as well as create 3D assembly models. Would be nearly impossible to do our everyday job without Inventor

What do you dislike?

Although it is standard, the price is way too high for personal usage. I would like to be able to have Inventor on my computers at home, but at multiple thousands of dollars a licence that is impossible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would highly recommend. If you are a new user, there are plenty of tutorials you can work through online. It may seem difficult at first, but if you practice it is easy to pick up on.

We use Inventor to design parts for manufacturing and machining.

Inventor LT review by <span>Troy F.</span>
Troy F.

Cheaper than the big programs with most fuctionality

What do you like best?

My favorite part about inventor is that it is included with the Autodesk suit, and therefore it is a convenient 3D modeling tool. After AutoCAD preliminary drawings are done, many of them can be readily imported into Inventor so that it can be converted into a 3D model. Inventor is simple to learn and is intuitive to new users. Because it is included in the Autodesk package, there is a lot of help online. I also appreciate how easy it is to change the units that you are using to dimension your drawings with.

What do you dislike?

The capabilities of inventor are limited. When it comes to analysis of solid parts, inventor is lacking in intuitive controls and power. There may be additional add-ons, but the base program does not have these. The excessive menus associated with a mouse click are annoying when coming from other programs where definitive buttons are located on the docked buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do a quick model so deliver a concept then this is the ideal product. When it comes to doing a full set of part prints, it can be done, but you will need a lot of patience to complete the task.

The Inventor Fusion part of the program is very convenient when a customer provides models in a different format than what we use at the office. Fusion will allow almost any format to be viewed and measured.

Learning about Inventor LT?

* We monitor all Inventor LT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Inventor LT to Similar Solutions