Inventor

Work for Inventor?

Learning about Inventor?

Inventor Reviews

Showing 151 Inventor reviews
Inventor review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"Inventor 2019 Pro: A Positive Engineering Tool in 3D World"

What do you like best?

Parametricity, and FE analysis tools inCAD

What do you dislike?

The loft tool can be a bear to get to work well. The feedback on "why it isn't lofting" is pretty spotty & not very informative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get into the software as soon as possible and use it every chance you get. Your skill level will be QUICKLY increased if you take an Autodesk instructional course or two, but daily use is imperative. The ability to parametrically alter a design after completion makes Inventor an incredibly powerful tool.

Parametric: change a model dimension/size/angle/material and it updates across all native Inventor files in which the model is embedded/used.

The price is relatively inexpensive NOW...now that Autodesk has made it an annual subscription, very affordable.

Form, fit and function issues are readily addressed using Inventor. One of the really time-saving issues is the Copy Design function in Vault 2019 Pro. Again, however, it's difficult to find good "how-to" tutorial for Copy Design.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Inventor
Inventor review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Powerful, yet needy"

What do you like best?

Inventor has a lot of added features that streamline the design process. Whether its content center, Tube & pipe, sheet metal, or iLogic these additions can make a difference in hundreds of hours saved, a more complete BOM and allowing a true cost analysis of the project.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about inventor is that for all the above features, a massive amount of customization is required for any of them to work. I would love to see an easier, more involved interface setup to quickly make changes and deploy features quicker with company based part numbers and descriptions.

Integrated sheet metal production. The inventor model/ drawing is now our flat pattern. One place to make corrections rather than four before. Saves time & less possibilities for human error.

Content center has allowed us to place hardware and hoses for a more precise assembly/ BOM. Before we did not include them in our models to save time. This has greatly increased our accuracy.

What Product and Machine Design solution do you use?

Inventor review by Megan H.
Megan H.

"4 years experience with Inventor, 8 years with Autodesk products"

What do you like best?

Inventor is visually and technically user friendly. Adapting to Inventor from being a 3Ds Max user prior was extremely easy. Now I use Inventor for all modeling aspects and have actually gone away from 3Ds Max due to a change in career path.

What do you dislike?

There are some tools that are very limited and come with errors, such as chamfer, however this is very minor and there is generally a work around to get to a solution in the model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use it primarily for mechanical designs, however we have also been delving into 3D printing which Inventor is now being included in a number of print friendly software to make it easier to convert a file for print ready ability.

We are able to present truck builds for customers prior to the actual build. Not only does this give the customer a visual on how their final product will turn out, but we can also utilize Inventor to help our technicians and fabricators on where the items on the build will go. This allows for less error when going full custom for a truck build.

Inventor review by Scott H.
Scott H.

"Not quite up to Solidworks as far as smoothness..."

What do you like best?

I like the look of the interface. It seems well polished. Some features seem like the designers of the software really were thinking about it, but from a daily users point of view, what should be an easy 'escape' or 'enter' command just doesn't work.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the iPart, iAssembly, i-anything workflow. To be honest, it is really poorly thought out. TO think that making a part into an iPart causes it to have to be removed from an assembly and have to be re-added with constraints is very limiting. What if the part is a base part. I can imagine the thousands of hours that are being wasted by engineers trying to deal with this limitation. SolidWorks automatically updates the part and allows you to add different configurations from a simple drop-down without exchanging the part. Also, decals on iParts don't come through in the iAssemblies. Seriously? The colors don't look right in a render. If you have several black parts, some come out looking gray and others look as black as Vantablack. Not good for marketing or sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure - need to check out Solidworks first and see if it will work for your needs.

HSM cam is limited in that you can't machine a v-groove on an axis line. You have to create a slot to get it to do it. Also, you can't fold something that has had material removed like in a v-groove. The renders we produce are adequate, but it is very challenging to get the product to look right. Also, it's not easy to manipulate parts as you have to hold down the shift key to get it to spin in 3D.

Inventor review by Steve G.
Steve G.

"Inventor for Millwork and Tradeshow Exhibit Documents"

What do you like best?

Inventor is very easy to use to create realistic, solid designs for cabinetry and millwork. I have tailored the software to streamline my creation of repetitive tasks, and it allows me to effectively document my designs quickly and easily. The software allows you to design and see where problems are in real time. My absolute favorite thing is that the drawings created, are always 100% exactly what you've modeled. It is impossible to have a view that does not dimensionally match another view. My experience with CAD systems in the past, is when drawings get revised, if not checked carefully, views can get out of sync with each other and when something is manufactured, the fabricator undoubtedly will ALWAYS pick the incorrect view as the one to follow. Inventor completely eliminates this problem. Last but not least, is that after being an Engineer / Drafter / Project Manager for almost 30 years, learning and using inventor has made designing and drafting fun for me again.

What do you dislike?

If there's anything I dislike, is that the software could be more cabinet and millwork friendly without having to purchase an add-on. The drawing sizes and model file sizes can get very large, in some cases I have drawings over 200mb, which can be painfully slow when loading over a network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inventor is a great tool and easy to learn and be productive with. It is not a direct solution for any specific trade other than Sheet Metal, but can be tailored to fit.

We utilize Inventor to create tradeshow exhibit manufacturing shop drawings, setup and dismantle drawings.

Inventor review by Greg G.
Greg G.

"Improving program that continues to evolve "

What do you like best?

The continued improvement in the interface and usability of the program. Parts in the models blow up or move with no understanding of what has occurred.

What do you dislike?

I've found over five years that it's very hard to get training on sheet metal or find professionals that handle Inventor Sheet Metal to help grow my team. Even with a very good team from D3 Technologies, that's been the biggest hurdle for us.

In program the ability to handle our parts the way we form them is still a struggle. We have built in workarounds for coving sink corners and how some of our parts come together, but it feels like these are things that should be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More improvements in the sheet metal side to make it easier to manipulate parts and models.

Inventor has allowed us to build a better end product. The 3D design gives us tighter tolerances and minimizes the variances that we deal with on our custom product lines. This saves hours on each conveyor we build and makes it easier for the shop team to put together our fabrication on a job to job basis.

Inventor review by Lanny L.
Lanny L.

"Self taught Inventor user."

What do you like best?

I would have to say that the ease of use is the best part for me. I went from not knowing anything about the program to being the go to person on site in just a few months. Between the information given in hover mode and the Autodesk community, learning the program was very easy.

What do you dislike?

With what I am using the program for, there are a few things I wish the program would do (or even do slightly different). But that is just nitpicking. I can do everything I need as of now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product may not do everything you want it to, but it will do everything necessary to allow your product to be made faster and better.

On my side of the company, Inventor allows me to do full assemblies to make sure all parts align as they are supposed to. When I was using only 2D, there was some issues in the field that are now fixed due to the ability to assemble full products and rotate to see all sides.

Inventor review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Amazing 3D modelling tool"

What do you like best?

I used inventor as a student before and their 3-year free trial made it possible for me to use the platform and learn a lot about 3D modelling. When I went to work, I would always recommend Inventor as the product of choice when it comes to modelling. It also integrates with fusion 360.

What do you dislike?

I found Inventor to be very CPU intensive so it would run fairly slowly sometimes on my Laptop which is a workstation (spec'ed for light CADing)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend people to get the free version of fusion 360 which gives you a glimpse of what Inventor is like before committing to buying the license which is extremely expensive for small businesses. Also youTube has many tutorials on how to do different things with modelling, simulation, and rendering which are very useful.

I am designing my product using Inventor and it has allowed me to create multiple iterations of the prototype.

Inventor review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Inventor is a very well-rounded design program with many features for a variety of applications."

What do you like best?

Easy to use Interface and button layout. The commands are clearly spelled out and even give you a quick tutorial glimpse of what the command or button does when you hover your mouse arrow over it for a few seconds.

What do you dislike?

Like any software, crashes can occur. You have to be sure that you keep up-to-date on all patches and services packs for your Autodesk Products to ensure you have the best experience while using their software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every 3D software program has its pro's and cons. While Inventor isn't the most expensive option out there or the program with the most bells and whistles, I feel like it is one of the easiest to use and has a ton of features that will satisfy most needs of a designer, fabricator, machinist and engineering firms. Autodesk has really put a huge emphasis on providing tutorials for their products as each new release comes out. Between their tutorials and Youtube videos, a new user can jump right in and design parts pretty quickly.

My company utilizes Inventor to create all engineering drawings, models and bill of materials. The use of .IDW files (drawing files) which uses the .IAM (Assembly files) and .IPT (Part Files) to create designs is extremely helpful as it can create a lot of automatic information contrary to AutoCAD Mechanical which requires a lot of manual input. Both pieces of software have their uses but Inventor makes design management a lot more simple. We are an engineering firm that also does production and packaging of components, assemblies, weldments and custom parts. We build aerospace quality designs as well using Inventor software.

Inventor review by Kazi H.
Kazi H.

"Can't go wrong with the price"

What do you like best?

Autodesk Inventor software allows the user to design, visualize, and simulate their products. Inventor enables you to create a digital prototype which helps you to reduce on costly physical prototypes. Some improvements on the software are that we are finally able to find the sketch plane finally. The enhanced 3D sketch allows for warping and projection.

What do you dislike?

The price of it is a bit expensive. A single license can cost about 7,000. Regardless of cost, the Inventor doesn't have symmetry check. The symmetry would also the user to find whether the part is symmetric at all or the axis in which it is symmetric about. This would be helpful for users running FEA analysis and want to reduce the run down time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a licensed point of view, AutoDesk provides a cloud-based system and the subscription price is hard to beat.

It's easier to create the piping system in Inventor than it is to create it in Solidworks. The rules-based routing tools allow to select the correct fittings and helps ensure that they comply with the industry standards. I can also import it to other files easily if I need it.

Inventor review by Fidel S.
Fidel S.

"autodesk inventor "

What do you like best?

I like that the platform has kept up to date with the new files for 3d printing and hope that programs has new metric and standard files built within. The one sign in for all platforms makes this great for mutile computers

What do you dislike?

I don't like how the files can be to large . Other partners use other CAD and makes some of the details lost when we open up the inventor files on another program

We are solving time and training the way it is setup it makes the expience faster to learn and easier for other to follow a demonstration . This is great for a team that has different CAD software where this platform might now to be willing to works with others but this platform does accept other platforms

Inventor review by Aaron P.
Aaron P.

"Inventor Functionality"

What do you like best?

The ability to import from Solidworks without issue & correspond manufacturing needs or adjustments back in the same model to Solidworks.

What do you dislike?

The cam option needs more machine post support. Providing tools that require VB & other language coding knowledge in way insufficient especially from Autodesk. When there's multiple users posting & searching for machine post-processors for machinery from the same manufacturer it's time for Autodesk to step up. The "wood industry" has been left in the lurch the CAM feature in Autocad would be greatly beneficial for nesting. Inventor should cross-integrate with Autocad much better as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate Inventor can & will easily convert models especially from Solidworks better than even Solidworks. Simply open select conversion options & save, that easy.

Mostly described in the "what I like best" section. The "Any-Cad" features are fantastic. I have a customer that makes pinball machines & we provide all the cabinet parts & the ability to open & import native Solidworks parts & assemblies for fine details has saved a lot of time. Would be great if I could get a post-processor to apply machining to it.....

Inventor review by Vincent M.
Vincent M.

"Inventor is easy to use and efficient"

What do you like best?

Inventor makes 3D modeling very easy and intuitive. It is very easy to learn the basic commands and create a model from scratch. A lot of things are done using the ribbon at the top, which makes it very user friendly. A user can easily pick up the program and start creating 3D models. Another thing is the program does have a lot of other functionality built in, such as calculating a FEA.

What do you dislike?

Larger models become very slow on the PC if you dont have top of the line hardware. But most people are not going to have 1000's of parts. Inventor is also a memory hog, larger models can take 15-20 GB of memory. This can slow down your entire system if you do not have the correct hardware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Inventor if you are currently using Autocad to create 3D models. The time required will decrease and the models will look better overall. Also the learning curve for someone who used Autocad will be small.

We are able to model our product and send the file to our customer. They are then able to put the product into a 3D model of their factory to check for interference and to see how much space there would be. It makes the early design phase very easy, and commuication with the customer a breeze.

Inventor review by User in Computer Software

"Very useful and powerful, but misses on key workflow features"

What do you like best?

I like Inventor's diverse set of tools which allow for the modeling of just about anything in an industrial focus with ease.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the deselect feature. I think you could learn a lot from SolidWork's approach. For each feature set, in the Edit Feature menu, there is a list of all selected edges, faces, points, etc. When mousing over this list of selected items it highlights the corresponding feature on the part. Clicking one of the item on the lists toggles selection/deselection making for a much easier reworking process. The implementation in Inventor is terrible. Only a count of features is available so it isn't even possible to know all of what is selected and the cntl+lmb deselection process in annoying and requires 2-4 clicks to deselect the feature.

I also dislike the available method for selecting a closed loop among other closed loops. It is glitchy and sometimes impossible to select the loop of interest because the program thinks I want a larger outer loop. I then have to fiddle with my sketch and the hovering mouse to select my face. What should take 2 seconds can end up taking 2 minutes.

We are not solving any business problems with inventor other than making CAD models when we need them.

Inventor review by Administrator

"Great product to teach students 3D modeling"

What do you like best?

As an educator, I like the fact that it is free. I also like the fact that it is close enough to other products that students can easily transition their skills from one product to another.

What do you dislike?

I know that there is free-form products, however, this may be a little weak on that side. I don't mind it, but some students don't like it. Also, the stress analysis is hit and miss depending on the edition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For education, you can't beat it. Be ready for some time to install, based on connection speed. Don't do a network deploy(my experience), just dump it on the network and do individual installs. Ghosting doesn't work great on the install. As far as function though, it is great.

As mentioned, in education, the price is the big selling point. I realize the ability for students to build in 3D since they already think in 3D.

Inventor review by Alberto G.
Alberto G.

"Programa de diseño 3D con grandes capacidades"

What do you like best?

Lo que hace especial a este programa es que puedes editar las veces que quieras una operación que has hecho con anterioridad, puedes cambiar medidas y cotas, cuando otros programas de modelado 3D no permiten esto.

Es un programa grande y capaz que es ideal para el diseño de maquinaria y el diseño de ensamblaje grande, ya que parece manejar ensamblajes grandes de forma rápida y sin problemas.

What do you dislike?

El diseño de superficie y de forma libre no es realmente bueno en este programa. Esta compañia usa un software complementario que sugieren que use para tales productos. Esto no es un problema para mí ya que hago el diseño de la máquina y no los productos de consumo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si trabaja con mucho intercambio de datos (proveedores, clientes, socios), considere usar el mismo sistema que ellos. Nos gusta Inventor porque la mayoría de nuestros socios europeos lo usan. También evalúe su soporte de revendedor local y si puede o no confiar en ellos para capacitación y otros asuntos.

Programas de este tipo son cruciales para las empresas de ingeniería modernas. La integración de diseños mecánicos y eléctricos es fácil y la planificación de la integración con los proyectos de integración no supone ningún riesgo debido al software. En particular, la administración del motor y los comandos de Inventor lo convierte en una herramienta excelente para un entorno de fabricación, ya que tiene tanta capacidad de metadatos. Conectamos los datos críticos de la lista de materiales a nuestro sistema de planificación de necesidades (MRP) y se envía a la sala. Esto permite que el ingeniero que ejecuta Inventor entregue todos los detalles de un diseño al piso de fabricación de manera efectiva.

Inventor review by Francisco C.
Francisco C.

"Gran herramienta de diseño 3D"

What do you like best?

Lo que más me gusta de este programa es su sencilla interfaz de usuario y sus comandos tan intuitivos. Inventor te permite crear prototipos para validar tus conceptos de diseño sin necesidad de invertir en su fabricación. El hecho de que sea una herramienta de dibujo paramétrica hace que el realizar correcciones sobre tus diseños se muy sencillo. Cuenta con módulos de pieza simple y ensamblaje, conde puedes crear complejos sistemas a partir de tus piezas

What do you dislike?

La verdad es que es difícil que pueda encontrar algo que no me gusta de este programa. Quizás la única pega sería su precio, que es elevado para una empresa pequeña.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Toma un curso de formación apropiado antes de utilizar este software para asegurarte de que conoces todas sus funcionesy puedes exprimirlo al completo.

Diseño de prototipos en 3D para su posterior impresión FDM y envío al cliente final para su validación.

Inventor review by nathanael m.
nathanael m.

"Useful and Well balanced 3D Modeling Software"

What do you like best?

Any operation you perform, is displayed on the left. Whether it be a simple extrude or a more advance plane created by the user , every action you make is shown to you. This is very helpful if you are working on a very complex model (or simple model) and you need to make quick adjustments to the part without having to redo everything.

What do you dislike?

Speaking for personal experiences, sometimes when performing a operation such as "Thread" can be a little complicated to use and may require some assistance to use. I personally wish, this operation some other ones can be more easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like Inventor, I would recommend Solidworks. It's slightly easier to use and just as effectively as Inventor.

The primarily use of Inventor in my workspace is to convert 2D drawings that are creating use other software's such as AutoCAD and making them 3-Dimensional.

Inventor review by Colleen O.
Colleen O.

"Long time user"

What do you like best?

I find that Inventor is a very intuitive product for machine and mechanical design. Inventor is always adding new features each year. You can easily make 2D drawings and perform analysis on welded frames. The mate positioning ability works very well when it comes to ensuring mechanisms function correctly. I like being able to add in user macros and toolbars for implementing constraints. The ability to project geometry quickly on a sketch and then extrude it is very nice.

What do you dislike?

The explosion tool is awful and it's very difficult to get exact lighting for rendering. It crashes on occasion. The animation tool is so hard to understand as well. If you are inserting a lot of fasteners the system can get bogged down and it takes a while to constraint them. While the constraint tool is better than it was there are still some issues. I was previously using 2017 so there was no support for 3d pdf. I think that has been added in 2019.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone has their own opinion, I feel like there are fewer steps to do certain thing that take longer in Solidworks but also some things that are easier. Inventor is software that's easy to use and is great for designing large a small assemblies.

Being able to show the customer exactly what we are delivering and make changes quickly is phenomenal. I am able to quantify the design on vibration fixtures and determine their natural frequencies.

Inventor review by Tony W.
Tony W.

"Go to CAD software"

What do you like best?

I've been using this software for about 9 years and it's the one I'm most comfortable with. I like using keyboard shortcuts and not having to move my mouse over to a side menu all the time like Solidworks. The workflow seems faster and smoother. When first learning the software it had excellent tutorials and does a great job of telling you what you need to do next when I was fumbling through new commands that I hadn't used before.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you had CAM integration like you do with Fusion360. I spend more time programming machines in CAM (ESPRIT/Mastercam) than I do in Inventor these days. I'm going to learn Fusion360 as a comparison, but it would be nice if I didn't have to learn a whole new modeling environment to do so.

Product design, fixture design, automation.

Inventor review by Fredrik H.
Fredrik H.

"Easy to use and flexible CAD software"

What do you like best?

First thing I like a lot is the fact that it is a modern software developed for Windows and DirectX. It is not an old UNIX conversion with buggy OpenGL graphics and inconsistent menus like many of the big players in the industry. It is the most easy to use and logical CAD software I have used, the features make sense and the layout is very productive.

It is also a very powerful and flexible CAD software that with 3 modes of modeling: free form (T-spline), parametric and Direct modeling. This gives the designer extreme freedom of creating advanced designed products. The performance is also very good and utilitizes modern graphic cards better than many other softwares based on ie NX Parasolid kernel. Working with very large assemblies is no problem in Inventor.

It also suites a powerful program language and "smart parts" called iLogic and iParts. This makes it a very powerful software you can customize to your needs. The support from Autodesk is also good and it is very easy to find information and help online.

The huge portfolio of software available from Autodesk also means that Inventor has great interoperability with other industry leading softwares like 3D studio, Revit and AutoCAD. It can import and export in almost any file format available, even in native formats, with AnyCAD feature.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit buggy and crashes sometimes, not as much as Solidworks but still it is not without problems. Some features are not developed as much as older and more mature software but Autodesk have a quite high development speed so for every year Inventor catches up and in some cases passes the big players in terms of functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't listen to sellers of a product, do your own testing and investigation.

We use it as a second tool next to Siemens NX for converting Revit models and importing and exporting models. Also the free form tools and content center is far better in Inventor. Almost every feature is better and a lot faster in Inventor compared to Siemens NX,

"Powerful Tool"

What do you like best?

I consider this the most 'user friendly' 3D CAD platform. It has a working balance of clarity and expedience, providing solid information for a new user and many QOL features for power users to save time and effort in everyday design and engineering. Product lifecycle is seamless and painless. Works right out of the box, but has the depth of tweakability and customization to satisfy the pickiest of the hand-drafting old guard.

What do you dislike?

Error handling is not the best. Project files can sometimes be a pain.

Some FEA report items are only available by exporting a 'Report' document and not visible in the interface like everything else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no reason in my mind other than preference or industry to recommend SolidWorks or Catia over Inventor, especially considering price.

Eliminating large amounts of trial and error in real steel.

FEA allows for in-depth analysis before prints even hit the shop floor.

Improving documentation and product lifecycle

Inventor review by Sebastian K.
Sebastian K.

"Easy to use, flexible and fast M-Cad for all non free form heavy modeling situations and drawing."

What do you like best?

First of all - if you have Inventor, you can do everything to get a shop running - 3D-Models, 2D-Drawings, 3D-&2D-Exports for the shop or the customer documentation, even basic animation, cooperation within a workgroup

1. Intuitive interface - i can get all the basic functions to good use, just clicking through them (context sensitive right mous button menues), or reading the help-files or just going on youtube.

Only the more complex functions are sometimes demanding - but it's still easy, compared to others (creo, i'm looking at you...)

2. Easy acces and handling in large assemblies, with easy selection tools (frame), visiblility settings (isolation) and memory management tools (suppressing elements / express mode).

3. I like the customizability via the API an the openly available documentation. There is a SDK within the basic Inventor package, with templates and everything to get startet in customizing Inventor. This goes hand in hand with other Autodeks-Products, like Vault (PDM). If you can code in vb.net or C#, you can customize Inventor.

4. Sheet metal modeling is nicely done and very quick - what you see is what you get, make an unfolding to check it - export any selectable surface geometry to dxf do fabricate it. Some Systems have some more specialised functions, but i can still do much more in inventor, than my shop can fabricate with laser-cutting, punching, bending and welding - i do not need more.

5. The content center, which is the out of the box standard-parts-catalog, is very powerful when using standard parts. (Creo has nothing to compare - at my workplace we have additional software, that is a pain to use, compared to Inventor Content Center.)

6. You do not need specialised drawing personel, to make drawings - any engineer will be capable of doing that. (Sidenote - Drawing personell is needed though, because engineering is not doing the drawings in the first place - it is designing, modeling and calculating and then checking drawings ot ensure fabrication quality. At my workplace we primarily use creo - making drawings needs specialised personel, because of the really bad useability of creo drawing tools.)

What do you dislike?

1. I hate the later licensing models. I want to own the tools i use, not rent them. Inventor is a very good product, but this licensing calls for punishment...

Was supscription not enough?

2. The Content Center Configuration needs work on its stability. Especially the Excel-Based table editing tends to freeze on larger tables. And the updating of table-generated parts causes some really non-discriptive error messages.

3. Cabeling and wiring is not useable with the Item system in Vault Professional (Inventor 2014/ Vault Professional 2014). Properties of single wires of a harness are not translatable into Item Properties in Vault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not trust any salesperson - get a test-version and try the online tutorials with valid personell.

Compare other products by this method.

If you decide for Inventor: don't ever take anything as impossible - there is a powerfull API and a very helpful documentation and community!

I am a former User and Administrator for Inventor and Vault of more than 10 years. I still have access to a workstation with Inventor 2016 on it. My first employer had Inventor in the first place. My second employer had Pro/E Wildfire3 & ProIntranet 3.4 in 2012 and was planing on the upgrade to Creo 2 with Windchill. I challenged this plan with the alternative of Inventor 2014 & Vault Professional, wich was taken after several reviews and benchmarks.

Within that project I implemented a configuration to fit the regulations of the german rail industry (FSF-Documentation). The company still uses Inventor and Vault and I never heard any complains...

At the moment I am forced to use Creo 2 - and try to implement Windchill. I see now, what could have happened at my old employer and I would not change a thing.

"Clunky but Powerful"

What do you like best?

It's powerful software that you can generally rely on. Most things are well organized, and the Autodesk team takes the time to hear your complaints and suggestions. It's a great Solidworks alternative inside the Autodesk ecosystem.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't call it buggy, but it certainly doesn't feel stable. It does crash occasionally. It has gotten better, however, but it crashed about once a week (based on 8hrs/day usage).

It's slow. Even on a powerful machine, it can be painfully slow, especially with large assemblies. This has also gotten better, and I see that continuing in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save often, learn to do things the right way so when you go back it is setup correctly.

There is a lot of automation to be had. However, the learning curve for the automation is STEEP.

Inventor review by Madeline K.
Madeline K.

"Inventor for 3D Printing"

What do you like best?

I've used Inventor in design projects and work, primarily for creating and 3D printing model prototypes out of ABS plastic. It's absolutely the easiest CAD software I've used and is very manageable to pick up.

What do you dislike?

Inventor's ease of use comes with the lack of some higher-level design and test features. It doesn't have all the functionality of Siemens NX in terms of doing stress simulations. However, I haven't really needed to use that, since I'm only using it for model prototypes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many online resources for using it, unlike with NX.

The main benefit I've realized is being able to export in .stl files for use in 3D printers. It accomplishes what I needed it to do without being over-complicated otherwise. It's very easy to incorporate into short-term design projects for work when you're pressed for time and need to be efficient.

Inventor review by Shannon R.
Shannon R.

"Could be more user friendly"

What do you like best?

I have been using this software for around five years. It gets the job done for 3-D modeling. Once the model is complete, the drawings are easy to finish.

What do you dislike?

The program could be more user friendly. Certain areas are hard to access, and I have had lots of crashes, and lost work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a product to create 3-D models, consider this one. However, stay up to date on fixes to avoid crashes.

The 3-D model takes awhile to create, but once that is done, you can create and finish the drawings rather quickly.

Inventor review by Kenny C.
Kenny C.

"Great Parametric Solid Modeler"

What do you like best?

Inventor is a rock-solid platform with a great history to it. The solid modeling engine is exceptionally stable and well suited to about any engineering project. The addition of T-Splines to Inventor means nearly any geometry can be created - from simple solids to complex surface models for industrial design projects. All of that capability and stability means that Inventor handles any job we throw at it.

What do you dislike?

I wish Inventor offered a reverse-compatibility with regards to file saves. It would be nice to be able to save out as a previous version. Currently, only the same version of higher of Inventor can read files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inventor has been around for years and is from the company behind AutoCAD. With the future moving towards cloud-based tech, Autodesk is primed to take the lead there. Inventor and Fusion 360 (their cloud offering) already play pretty nicely together - so stay ahead of your business competition by getting on-board now!

Inventor has allowed us to streamline and automate much of our design and documentation functions. By leveraging the integrated coding tools with iLogic and the external spreadsheet linking we have been able to drive design from external stakeholders without a complicated process of design meetings or losing information through FRPs.

Inventor review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Autodesk Inventor"

What do you like best?

I have used this software for several years and have always felt that it was better than Solid Works. I like how intuitive a lot of controls are and, if they're not, they are easy to find and learn. The little help menus that drop down when hovering over an icon are excellent.

What do you dislike?

File types can be somewhat confusing and less intuitive than actually using the software. This could be an error/oversight on my part.

Drafting for my thesis. The biggest benefit is using the drawing space to create high quality drawings for machine shops to use.

Inventor review by Serhiy D.
Serhiy D.

"Great Uses for Inventor "

What do you like best?

Its a CAD software with similar interfaces to most 3D modeling software. It is easy to use and transition from other software in the same industry. It was a great interface and layout. It has support for other software and great analysis tools. I like the help functions and tutorial links when I need to make something happen.

What do you dislike?

Its not compatible with some 3D printer software and I usually have to export files manually. It is not open source friendly. I ended up to switching to SolidWorks

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide what you need, I struggled between Inventor and Solidworks. Inventor was good, but was troubling to use with open-source software.

Creating models for projects im working on. Using more 3d modeling to create models to 3D print my designs.

Inventor review by Patrick M.
Patrick M.

"Utilizado dentro y fuera de la industria aeroespacial"

What do you like best?

He probado una gran cantidad de softwares 3D durante estos años, pero ninguno como este. Realmente fácil de usar. Siempre he estado feliz de usarlo durante muchos años diseñando utillajes y partes de aviones increibles.

What do you dislike?

Como he usado otros tipos de programa, puedo decir rotundamente que no le encuentro ningún fallo. Comencé a usar Inventor LT hace muchos años y avancé a la versión completa

Recommendations to others considering the product

La compañía Autodesk es sólida y estoy feliz con Inventor y AutoCAD.

Diseño artilugios y artilugios que podrían ser inseguros. El programa me permite concentrar mi atención en los detalles más pequeños a medida que construyo el dispositivo y lo ensamblo. En el camino, verifico si hay problemas de interferencia y movimiento.

"Inventor"

What do you like best?

The layout and functionality of the tools are great. The interface is also really nice. I particularly enjoy the menus for feature definition. These are much easier to view and navigate than SolidWorks.

What do you dislike?

The file structure and setup (project files, design data, etc.) can be cumbersome. We are a unique use case in that we have multiple implementations of Inventor based on our customer's needs. This results in having to manage large volumes of data to simply assist our customer in detailing parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare for the setup. This is a one-time issue, but can take significant time to truly implement a clean environment. That said, there are countless options to tailor Inventor to your company's needs.

We use Inventor on a daily basis. Our specific benefits are limited based on our use-case, but we have assisted numerous customers in the development of iParts/iAssemblies and using complex implementations of iLogic. There is untold value in these features. As an aside, some additional training material or better tutorials for these features would be greatly appreciated.

Inventor review by Josh F.
Josh F.

"A great software for manufacturing and assembly drafting"

What do you like best?

Inventor can be used for modeling almost any design you can think of, either single parts or full assemblies, even large, complex ones. It's ability to export to 2D can also be incredibly useful for complicated details that would be difficult to make in just 2D.

What do you dislike?

It's not an intuitive system, it will take a lot of instruction and hands-on practice to become proficient at. Creating assemblies can sometimes be more difficult than it seems it should with the tools for aligning parts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for manufacturing, but wouldn't recommend paying for if not planning to use extensively.

I've used Inventor to create a detail of threaded pipe coping. This provided a detail far more accurate than anything I could draw in AutoCAD.

Inventor review by User

"Rewarding. It has made my work so much easier and faster."

What do you like best?

Parameters and iLogic! Loading up the parameters on the front end saves so much time when I have to edit a model and a drawing.

What do you dislike?

The default view rotation when starting a new sketch. It defaults to 90 degrees from upright so that vertical is shown as horizontal. Why? It doesn't make sense and it adds clicks, which cost time. It's a small problem, but you asked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are willing to put in the work to build custom templates and iLogic assemblies, then it can save so much time.

Stress analysis has allowed us to reduce the amount of over engineering we have to apply to certain products we make.

Inventor review by User

"El mas sencillo y potente"

What do you like best?

La interfaz es muy amigable para el usuario. Fácil de aprender y adaptarse al gusto personal. La inteligencia que está incorporada en el programa es increíblemente poderosa. Hace que sea muy fácil construir piezas y piezas una vez, manipularlas a través de parámetros e instantáneamente tener una serie de partes que varían en tamaño y que se pueden guardar y catalogar para su uso posterior. La integración perfecta en hojas y dibujos no tiene parangón en mi opinión, y la opción de coordinar proyectos a través del programa Auto-desk's Vault hace que sea muy simple deconstruir un proyecto para que un gran equipo trabaje en varias piezas y el programa volverá a asociar el partes en el modelo completo.

What do you dislike?

No hay mucho que no me guste, como todo el software de CAD en 3D, es un poco de memoria. Si acaba de mudarse de 2D, le recomiendo encarecidamente que busque un entrenamiento profesional decente en lugar de tratar de aprenderlo sobre la marcha. Es posible aprender que es suyo pero le ahorraría mucha frustración tomar al menos un par de cursos básicos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

si sabes utilizar autocad , este es el mas cencillo

Este programa tiene una interfaz de usuario muy fácil de aprender para los usuarios principiantes. Desafortunadamente, solo tengo el 2012LT y no he usado el programa de forma regular desde 2010. Por lo tanto, algunas cosas probablemente han cambiado desde entonces.

Inventor review by Jared K.
Jared K.

"Used for rendering 3D models for marketing activations "

What do you like best?

I use this to create elements for 3D models of marketing activations activations. This is a simple and user friendly 3D modeling tool. to add, once you learn this tool it the interface carries throughout other autodesk programs.

What do you dislike?

it was a slow learning process for me but once i learned it the interface was compatible throughout the autodesk program umbrella.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take some time to better learn the program before using it professionally as there is a bit of a learning curve

I use this to create elements for 3D models of marketing activations activations. This is a simple and user friendly 3D modeling tool. So clients present ideas of what they want created and i create visuals to better sell their ideas so when presented, investors are more willing to buy in.

Inventor review by Dale Y.
Dale Y.

"Autodesk Inventor review"

What do you like best?

The best feature is the Autodesk community. It always amazes me how quickly my questions are answered when I post them.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to monitor how much the software is used. I would like to see Autodesk develop some server based utilities that will help us monitor software load. This will help us justify when additional licenses are needed.

Product design, simulation and documentation.

Inventor review by User

"The most intuitive 3D design software"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Inventor is that the software is very intuitive. The commands are similar to Autocad and you don't need to learn new commands if you are a usual user of the 2D design software

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Inventor is the restrictions that the software impose you to be able to extrude a 2D drawing. Sometime it is difficult to find the level that you have forgiven to add. Probably the software should inform you about the level that is not present in the drawing, to avoid to waste time finding by yourself it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are user of Autocad, Inventor is the easier software for 3D designing, because the commands are very similar and you won't need to learn new commands

3D design for manufacturing tooling and pieces to be printed using 3D printer

Inventor review by Fran B.
Fran B.

"Use of Inventor"

What do you like best?

Like the ability to create very small complex 3d components. Also use the flat pattern tool to give us the ability to cut sheet metal parts prior to bending.

What do you dislike?

A little difficult to learn and would recommend training to new users.

Designing parts for our fab shop fabrication. Most are sheet metal that will be cut on the laser and then bent into shapes.

Inventor review by User

"Effienct 3D modeling software"

What do you like best?

You can build anything in Inventor. Create 3D models, import models, create assemblies and drawings for manufacture.

What do you dislike?

The software often crashes when creating large assembly files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like using Inventor and it seamlessly works with AutoCAD, 3D printing software as well as Rendering software. We can create drawings for manufacture as well as create drawings and renderings for marketing materials. Using Inventor with Vault help keep track of all our designs and each iteration.

We have designed many products in this software as well as imported components from other manufactures to test the fit virtually. It saves time creating designs and drawings.

Inventor review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Excellent 3D CAD package that is very easy to use."

What do you like best?

I love Inventor. It's one of the more easy to use 3D CAD packages and it works very well for its intended purposes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the rendering aspects of this software. They could be better. Some of the materials/textures appear clunky at times and don't fit onto the object as they should.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software package can handle all of your 3D CAD needs. You can create parts, assemblies, and 2D drawings from these 3D parts for various different uses.

Using Inventor to create product drawings to send to customers, and also using the software to create production drawings to get parts made.

Inventor review by Grant F.
Grant F.

"Fantastic modeling software."

What do you like best?

As the first 3D modeling software I ever touched, Autodesk inventor has a special place in my heart. The software is fast and easy to use. While it is no longer the fastest way to model (that record now goes to Shapr3D), it has major benefits in tensile and compression stress testing as well as different testing applications. As with all autodesk softwares, this software can connect with Fusion360, which is an excellent 3D modeling software that merges all cad and all artistic 3D model softwares together in a cloud based system. As an entrepreneur, I take advantage of the fact that all autodesk software is free to startups that make less than 100,000 a year, which is quite possibly the most generous thing since Microsoft gave away windows 10 for free. Every feature on the software is built to make the modeling experience easier, down to the shading behind the model you wre working on. Unlike most softwares, when you hover over a button, not only does it tell you what it does, it also shows you a little video, which is great for learning new software.

What do you dislike?

the boot up sequence is a little slow. I have a quad core i7 processor and it still takes like 15 seconds to get past the loading screen on a good day. I would suggest autodesk go along the same lines as recent games with procedural generation, meaning not all objects (or features in this case) are generated or running at once, meaning things will boot up as they are needed rather than everything booting up at once in the beginning. Other than that, it may be time to give the interface a new update/style just because it's been a couple years since a new change has gone through. Everything else is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Fusion360 with it, it's simply put the best cloud software for 3D modeling and has more benefits than I can count. If you have an iPad Pro, I suggest modeling with shapr3d and exporting into inventor for drawings and for testing your model, just because you can make almost all the part models you need in shapr3d much faster than on a desktop.

As a developer for the HoloLens, inventor has been great at modeling and exporting FBX files, which HoloLens uses.

Inventor review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"Design made simple."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ribbon layout streamlines my workflow allowing for quick modeling.

What do you dislike?

Wish that the software was compatible with the CADCAM software I use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take it for a test drive and try some of the tutorials to see how it compares to other software.

Optimizing manufacturing processes and send information to the floor in real time.

Inventor review by Santiago Augusto P.
Santiago Augusto P.

"More mechanical into product design"

What do you like best?

Inventor is one application that helps you diminish most of the production issues. Moreover, this software is great to define industrial specifications. It has a clean interface, and it lets you focus on what matters.

What do you dislike?

When you start using this software, sometimes, controlling the camera it's not as intuitive as it can be. Moreover, the assembling process in complex systems can be confusing if you are not organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Include "Inventor" into your process of product design when the design shape is close to production and the definitive shape is done. It can be easier to experiment in other Softwares in which the shape definition is easier to tweak.

Working with Inventor has provided me and my peers enough confidence when making an industrial prototype. It is also very useful when issues of precision appear on a product. Thus, Inventor has shown me great efficiency on my workflow.

Inventor review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"I use inventor to modelise mecanical pieces"

What do you like best?

Inventor allows you to do parametric modelisation. It benefit to the good integration with other autodesk software.

What do you dislike?

Surfacique tools exist, but doesn't work very good. tangencies and curvature are quite never continuous. It is a very heavy software, i generally don't use it on my laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inventor is a good alternative to solidworks. You can manage big projects, if you are organized and have a powerful computer inventor will be pleasent to use. Documentation is well done however there is not a big community to help you on the internet.

I used this software for a little time for mechanical modelisation. i switched to lighter tool, but i comeback smetime to this tool as the workflow you have is very pleasent. If you have a powerfull computer, the automation that inventor offers is a real gain of time

Inventor review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Easy to use CAD tool and a go-to in robotics"

What do you like best?

I've tried three different CAD programs in my brief time (2 years) within manufacturing/robotics/automotive eng, and Inventor may be my favorite. Between Inventor, Siemens NX, and Solid Works It has the best balance between ease of user and power, sitting between the two. No matter how complex the part or assembly I could always take what was on paper (sketch or even just in my head) and turn it physical with Inventor. It may take more time than in NX with it's powerful tools for duplication, etc. but it's way easier to get up to speed and working with.

The interface is modern and tools are easy to find and understand. I've used it to model everything from 3D printed prototypes to production parts to my condo when planning furniture locations. You can bang out designs very quickly and have them ready to print same-day without any further prep before sending the file to your Makerbot, 3Dhubs, etc. You can definitely accomplish floor-ready designs (with schematics, BOM, etc.) as well.

I mentor a FIRST robotics team and even the high school students designing those robots can pick up Inventor and get going relatively fast, the interface is very intuitive and it's a great starting point for learning CAD.

What do you dislike?

It is great for designs based on standard geometric shapes but Siemans NX has the edge with anything more free-form and sketch-like. I've just never had a great time getting anything with many abstract curves to work in Inventor, it takes very long time, especially if they're duplicated. It's definitely less powerful in that regard, even though it wins 10x for usability. If you've been trained for years on something like NX, Inventor will likely disappoint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, the Autodesk sales reps are top notch and it has the most modern CAD interface I've seen outside of web-based tools (which aren't powerful enough for manufacturing use). If you're a student you can get the free student version for home use, which is great to complete your school labs, etc. with or even just to tinker with CAD and 3D printing. It's expensive for a reason, this is an enterprise-grade CAD tool with a ton of power behind a great front end.

I used Inventor back when I was in manufacturing where the benefits are endless: Needing to quickly prototype parts for manufacturing facilities, having usable replacement parts designed and printed for same-day use on the factory floor, and planning and designing of our actual products to be created on the line.

Inventor review by Ken K.
Ken K.

"My experience with Autodesk Inventor."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Inventor is its iLogic programming and Frame Generator.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most about Inventor is how long it takes to update large assemblies.

Inventor provides us with a business benefit of getting sales quotes closer to actual finished product costs by retrieving those costs via iProperties.

Inventor review by Brandon C.
Brandon C.

"Worst Software for CAD"

What do you like best?

Nothing. The software is dated and has not kept up with industry trends.

What do you dislike?

Everything. There are much more cost effective products out there - Try OnShape for a glimpse of the next generation of what CAD will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use Inventor. Subscribe to OnShape cloud software instead... it will change your life!

Not as many as we should be solving.

Inventor review by Micah B.
Micah B.

"Assembly Design and Solid model Conversion"

What do you like best?

Inventor provides a quick and streamlined approach for converting files such as .stp files to formats compatible with Revit for creating families

What do you dislike?

Screen real-estate: when I have the component/model browser open it gets in the way of the model when working on a single screen. It'd be nice if there was a way to browse without it taking up so much space

Conversion of vendor files to formats that can be used to create Revit families. Design of fabricated parts and assemblies along with some finite element analysis

Inventor review by Administrator

"Autodesk Inventor Guru and Lead Engineer"

What do you like best?

Using Inventor since born from Mechanical Desktop, I have seen each and every development of this tool, Also I have been the guru of Inventor for past 15 years.I have implemented Inventor and Vault and trained the team from scratch. I love this tool, in spite of know 5 other CAD tools, this is the only comfortable tool I used in my experience.

What do you dislike?

I dont think there is anyt thing to complain aboth this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, Best easy Software to learn

Engineering, Sales, Documentation and Manufacturing

Inventor review by User in Design
User in Design

"Amazing software"

What do you like best?

Inventor is a very nice design program. It's user friendly and has a gentle enough learning curve so that even beginners can open it and use it very quickly. Advance controls go deep allowing for some very nice design work. The UI is very clean too and the tutorials do a great job explaining with just a few words and pictures if you need a reminder.

What do you dislike?

It's very easy to get errors on your drawings if you aren't careful, so you do need to plan ahead. Also, Assembly does work well, but there are times were it gets clunky as you'll have to almost coach it through what you want with baby steps.

Quick and easy to design with and outputs to STL for 3D printing.

Inventor review by User in Mining & Metals
User in Mining & Metals

"Inventor the standard for 3d part designs"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to model 3d objects. Inventor shines when I have a one-piece part that needs to be designed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot import and modify stl files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are interested in printing 3d parts, get Inventor.

With 2d drawings, we were unable to truly grasp the concept of some of our parts. With Inventor we are able to clearly communicate our parts because we can rotate them and show different views.

Inventor review by User

"Great 3d Model Software"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of generating a 3d model. Sketch out your outline, and extrude and you have a 3d part. I design 3d parts and small assembly drawings.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not being able to find information pertaining to what my company uses inventor for, and not being able to find training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Importing mesh, and materials ease.

Inventor helps out my company quickly design up our products, and generates a nice representation of the product for marketing.

Inventor review by User in Higher Education

"Bundled Package of Software Perfect for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

All the tools I need in a single package. Ease of use. Tons of resources available.

What do you dislike?

Nesting utility is not quite where I would like it to be yet, but it is still an effective tool that has streamlined my process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!!!

By using Inventor and the suite of software included, I have been able to discontinue the use of several other pieces of software, streamlining my workflow and ensuring compatibility across the development work cycle.

Inventor review by Ryan W.
Ryan W.

"I've been using Inventor for the 6 years that I have been engineering."

What do you like best?

Bill of material features

Basic iLogic features

Marking menu

What do you dislike?

The program crashes occasionally. iLogic needs a event trigger for print.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using Inventor purchase a 3D mouse

Quick designs with accurate results. Simple to create 2D drawings when needed.

Inventor review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Great for Any Experience Level"

What do you like best?

This is one of my favorite AutoCAD software. It is intuitive, the keyboard shortcuts make sense, and the visuals are fantastic. Inventor also makes it easy to create drawings on papers of any size and has wonderful auto-dimensioning features.

What do you dislike?

It can have trouble with object manipulation or rendering if you are using it for long periods of time, but that's expected with any computer program. The only major complaint is a lack of integration with other products in the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of people will back away based upon the price of Inventor. I can honestly tell you that it is worth it. Don't go with "freeware" or cheaper modeling software, it will give you so many headaches. Inventor is worth every dime I spent.

I have used Inventor to design personal projects as well as develop products for a technology firm. I love the simple GUI and intuitive features that make it easy to create, put together, and showcase products. The professional look also comes across very well when presenting to clients or a potential buyer. I will continue to use this software frequently.

Inventor review by Veljko A.
Veljko A.

"Strong and cheep "

What do you like best?

Ability to work with AutoCad interface inside a 3D CAD software.

The best things I like in Inventor are:

1. Keybord shortcuts when entering the first letter for features

2. When approaching close to edge or a hole intuitive software detects a list of available features

3. THE BEST ASSEMBLY MODULE EVER!!!

What do you dislike?

Working with big assemblies, agility and speed, could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a enterprise where you need an 3D software that is not expensive but has a performance like Catia and PTC, go for it you will be very happy and satisfied.

Especially when you use a Publisher :)

Especially when you use a Publisher :)

Inventor review by Sean G.
Sean G.

"Inventor needs reinventing"

What do you like best?

Since it is from Autodesk using it with AutoCAD is great. I enjoy the ribons on the top of the software and it is very easy to export files to all different types of formats.

What do you dislike?

It is not at all easy to use for freeform designs. The constrain system it uses has lots of flaws that while for some applications is great can cause users to spend more time on a project than needed.

Using it for overall design and implementation of products for sale.

Inventor review by Pervez M.
Pervez M.

"Pretty Cool tool"

What do you like best?

I used this tool as a College student For a class called Computer Aided Drafting and Graphics. It was a really cool tool for a really cool class! It was an intro to what is basically mechanical engineering. We designed some tools from scratch with dimensions and everything using Inventor. We even worked on a bit of architecture in terms of designing houses from scratch which included the interior and exterior. It was a really cool tool on being creative and You pretty much created things however you wanted to, which is what I loved! I'm not known to be a very creative person, but I finally was able to be through Inventor.

What do you dislike?

It might be a bit difficult to use at times without much practice. Like sometimes some of the dimensions may not be correct on a certain design when you first start using Inventor. It may be frustrating at times, but overall with practice it gets easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely be patient during your first few attempts with using Inventor. It may be a bit difficult for first time users but you will get the hang of it! Also don't be afraid to be as creative as possible with this!

I used this program as a student for a class. It is very beneficial for any engineer cause it serves as a first step towards creativeness and problem solving. Engineers encounter these two in their every day lives so it is important to get a good first start at it and this program definitely serves well. It is a fantastic program to use for companies who want to design specific parts and so forth.

Inventor review by Marius H.
Marius H.

"Inventor Administrator"

What do you like best?

Autodesk Inventor is easy to train to new users familiar with other 3D Design software.

The Programme is very flexible so people can be creative without being to constricted by how to make parts and of assemblies.

Special Tools (stress analysis) (structural Frame Generator)

Ability to collaborate with multiple users using Vault

Ease of opening files form almost any other 3d Package

What do you dislike?

Product is not as Stable as it could be. Fewer crashes would be nice.

AutoCAD and Inventor not always a easy switch between.

Tube and Pipe product needs some work, and it is not classified as a piping programme.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This Product is constantly improving and evolving and is taking over more seats every year. I think this will be one of the biggest products to come in the Design field. Autodesk is also very keen to keep there customers happy and has been know to change the whole product line for just one customer.

3d plant layout and detail Design and creating Fabrication and Installation Drawings.

Ease to reuse of data and creating Detail Installation views and clear BoM is a huge time saver.

Inventor review by Naiem G.
Naiem G.

"A Great Tool for Industrial Designers!"

What do you like best?

Autodesk Inventor is an easy to use software that has great capabilities especially when it comes to 3D modelling and rendering.

What do you dislike?

This program is graphics intensive and thus, will require a higher end computer to process the drawings and models. It might deteriorate a personal computer, especially if you are using a laptop.

Inventor is used to create parts and components that relate to industry machinery. This program is well versed in the industry standards!

Inventor review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Powerful 3D Design software."

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to transition year to year from one version of the program to another.

What do you dislike?

They switched their subscription program, so you no longer "Own" the software

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works, but SolidWorks seems to be implemented by many more companies. Autodesk has been such a powerhouse for CAD software for years, I can't believe this isn't the main choice.

Creating 3D designs. Seeing potential problems from a 3D standpoint that would be overlooked in a 2D CAD program.

Inventor review by Milan P.
Milan P.

"Efficient Drafting And PLastic moulding Software"

What do you like best?

A specially plastic molding module are best for designers.we are very effectievely work fast.i did work on sheet metal also it does very well working it.

What do you dislike?

its synchronus modelling very tough .it is tough for reverse engineering compare to other software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it best for college student and it give to based on licnece. inventor work as very well for project work.

it shift metal draft is very effective work , it can be improve laser cutting machine.

"Mechanical Design Engineer"

What do you like best?

I like the sheetmetal feature. easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The file size of a custom content center. and the length to migrate the content center. takes forever. Loosing custom materials when upgrading software packages. planes differ from ACAD and Inventor. Why not make them the same.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use.

making sure equipment fits and parts or assemblies fit before installing them or introducing them into a system.

Inventor review by Martyn J.
Martyn J.

"Inventor for Geometric Modeling"

What do you like best?

Inventor is great for geometric modeling. It has been a while since I have used it in school. I am very happy with the latest version of Inventor.

What do you dislike?

Zoom In and Zoom out are opposite of my AutoCAD program. So it is something I just have to get use to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial for a spin...

I am using it to model small parts

Inventor review by Kani A.
Kani A.

"Inventor is my favorite AutoDesk product out of all of them."

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use, you literally have to be an ape to get confused by this software.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I disliked. Everything is perfect about Inventor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you get one of those mouses that allows you to rotate your view through the spherical button, then this product will be much more fun and easy for you to use. But even without the mouse, it is still a great product.

The benefits of using Inventor is that your navigation of your 3D objects/parts is SO easy. And animating the objects is so easy to learn!

Inventor review by Aditya N.
Aditya N.

"Great user-friendly software"

What do you like best?

User-friendly, intuitive, easy to pick up, even at high school level

What do you dislike?

Not much, Software is really solid. Could use more specialized features/tutorials for gears.

Product development and design.

Inventor review by Kelvin W.
Kelvin W.

"Used this program to create parts for a product"

What do you like best?

It's fun and easy to use. The software is great for learning about engineering and can be used to make accurate models that can be made for parts

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the extrude function would mess up your project. There is sometimes a licensing issue when its first used and takes a lot of cpu to run. Also the space that it takes is massive so you need a middle to high end computer Also would recommend a good graphics card

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely make sure you have a good graphics card. At least have 1 terabyte hard drive or better.

It's great to create a model for a project and to be able to take that and actually print it out to see if it works. It helps you visualize a problem and find the best solution

Inventor review by Mohan N.
Mohan N.

"Best 3D CAD APPLICATION"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, interactive tools ,can visualize the model before it is made.Also the capabilities of creating detailed 2D drawings,interoperability

What do you dislike?

recent business strategy of renting the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use and interoperability

visualization of the models ,prior to which it was in 2D and no visualization capabilities at that time.

interference checks and auto generation of BOM

Inventor review by Bethany B.
Bethany B.

"Great program for modeling parts!"

What do you like best?

As an engineering student, I enjoy using Inventor for modeling various parts. Inventor is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. Even for a first-time user, Inventor has videos and tutorials that can help you get better!

What do you dislike?

I have had some problems with it being inconsistent about starting up the program. On various days, the program will crash repeatedly.

This program is very beneficial to the rocket team I am on. We can model parts for our rocket and then 3D print them.

Inventor review by User in Military
User in Military

"Good 3D design suite"

What do you like best?

I like the integration between AUTOCAD and inventor. I have a lot of design made by autocad which I have been able to use the information to start 3D models.

In the other hand, the inventor suite have all the compatible extension which you should use for 3D printing.

What do you dislike?

There is room for improvement in the detection of design issues. Sometime you cannot apply some operation and the information provided by inventor is not enough for solve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would reccommend inventor is you are use to autocad system.

design 3D thinks with a great accuaraccy

Inventor review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Satisfied Long-Time User: Full-featured 3D modeling package at a competitive price"

What do you like best?

Ease of use is the big winner here. The user interface is intuitive and light years ahead of competing software packages. Ability to import 3rd party files with relative ease is a major plus. The design workflow is very seamless between sketching, modeling features, placing & constraining assembly components and then moving into final detail drawings.

What do you dislike?

Custom configuration and automation are coming along but are not as fully featured as other CAD packages. The modeling integrity itself leaves a little to be desired but is making major headway with every new release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although Inventor seems to trend towards the lower end of the quality spectrum within the 3D Modeling industry, it is far-and-away the best bang for your buck. This software package is no joke and very easy to learn. I've worked with several colleagues who (after working in other software packages in the past) have started using Inventor at a high level within a few days without any training. At the very least, it's a good place to start if you're new to 3D modeling. At best, it's a top of the line software package capable of handling most design tasks.

We are designing industrial-grade food processing equipment. Inventor is well-suited to the task of keeping our 3D designs in check and providing us with a full brainstorm-to-final-design solution.

Inventor review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Solid platform for design"

What do you like best?

Inventor is very stable, and rarely crashes in a team/network environment.

Inventor handles large assemblies (thousands of components) well.

The insert assembly constraint (axis/face pair) is very useful for assemblies with holes, and more stable than a similar mate combination with Solidworks.

Fastener mating is in some ways easier than Solidworks, and less likely to invert the assembly when it doesn't work.

I tend to lay things out and think things through a bit more before jumping in and modelling with Inventor.

Works well with AutoCAD.

What do you dislike?

Some things are rudimentary or missing compared to other 3D parametric softwares

3D sketching is quite limited when compared to solidworks, and limited to parts only.

Extrudes cannot be dimensioned as offset from a surface. You have to create reference geometry offset from the surface.

Sometimes views in drawings don't update, deleting and recreating views fixes this. This would be more of a bummer if I annotated in the drawing environment instead of AutoCAD

It's not easy to drive fastener patterns with a set of holes. Solidworks feature driven patterns are a good example how this can work great and easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If found inventor to be more stable and capable with large assemblies than solidworks. Some things aren't as easy to use or do as with other programs. For the most part, you'll get it done anyways.

Mechanical design work on machined, and or fabricated parts.

Large assemblies capable of precision motion.

Inventor review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Intuitive, powerful software with excellent support. Not quote SolidWorks, but still great!"

What do you like best?

Inventor, almost always, just works. It is intuitive and very easy to transition to from other CAD programs. It has rich features and is visually appealing. I prefer making drawings in Inventor over SolidWorks, as it tends to allow me to do more of what I want without confusion. I use this software daily and am happy with it. The tech support is also outstanding - much better than SolidWorks' support staff. The price was very fair as well.

What do you dislike?

Inventor hasn't quite reached the level of SolidWorks in terms of functionality, features, and market share. It's difficult to use Inventor when your colleagues use SolidWorks because you lose your feature tree when transferring parts. SolidWorks is superior in the actual modeling experience, although Inventor is very easy and intuitive. Inventor has crashed a couple of times, but nowhere near as much as SolidWorks 2009 did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure your system is compatible. It helps to already know how to use other CAD software.

My business uses Inventor to design complex mechanical seals, which are manufactured and tested in-house. We used to use SolidWorks for our design engineering, but transitioned to Inventor in 2009 when SolidWorks gave us trouble by crashing too often. SolidWorks' support team was not helpful, so we changed software. It took a minimal amount of time to transition to Inventor, and we noticed a much more stable system and a piece of software that was easier to train oncoming engineers with. Making drawings in Inventor is easier, quicker, more stable, and the end result looks sharper. Our company will likely continue to use Inventor for the long term foreseeable future.

Inventor review by Robert B.
Robert B.

"3D design software at its best"

What do you like best?

Intuitive user interface

Excellent design software

What do you dislike?

Inventor has come a long way over the years

Need to focus more on improving what we currently have

Recommendations to others considering the product

training training as much as possible

FEA is a major benefit for us

Inventor review by Scott D.
Scott D.

"12 years of living with Autodesk Inventor"

What do you like best?

Inventor is a very stable product that seems to be well support by Autodesk. They are committed to its development and adoption. I've used Inventor since Version 4 (2001) and seen it evolve. It is a big and capable program that is great for machine design and large assembly design, since it seems to handle large assemblies quickly and smoothly. Most of the productivity tools they have added in the past few years are welcome additions. Skeletal/Top down modeling is better in this package than any other that I have see. BOM management is pretty decent, but made better with other tools such as iPropwiz in a manufacturing company. Drawings are better in Inventor than any other package I've seen.

The learning curve to become productive is short. Generating useful content in Inventor doesn't take much time. Becoming proficient can take years for some, because the program is such a large and capable program.

What do you dislike?

It seems that much of Autodesk's vision for Inventor is to add engineering tools and wizards they call "Design Assistants." They are similar to a built in machinery handbook. While neat, I have yet to actually use one twice. Most of the time, they create geometry you have little control over and the files generated don't play nicely in our document mangement/part numbering environment.

I'd like Autodesk to spend the development time on functionality that we use day to day. An example....It was not until a recent release that we could replace a model in a drawing view-like for a new revision of a part or assembly. You had to start all over and completely regenerate the drawing with the new model view. This has since been resolved, but it took an awful long time while Autodesk was developing the seldom used Design Assistants.

Surface and freeform design isn't great in Inventor. Autodesk has complimentary software they suggest you use for such products. This isn't an issue for me since I do machine design (which it excels at) and not consumer products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all the options. For most people, this should be Solidworks or Inventor. Either way, you can't go wrong. If you work with a lot of data exchange (vendors, customers, partners), consider using the same system as them. We like Inventor because most of our European partners use it. Also evaluate your local reseller support and whether or not you can rely on them for training and other issues.

3d design is crucial to modern engineering firms. Integrating mechanical and electrical designs is easy and planning fitment with integration projects is zero risk due to the software. In particular, Inventor's BOM management makes it an excellent tool for a manufacturing environment since it has so much metadata capability. We connect the critical BOM data to our MRP system and off it goes to the floor. This allows the engineer running Inventor to deliver all the details of a design to the manufacturing floor effectively.

Inventor review by Brian G.
Brian G.

"Constraining can be frustrating. Comparing to Solidworks"

What do you like best?

The "derive" feature is powerful. I don't think this Is available with Solidworks..I dont feel good about saying what I like best since I have only really used Inventor..But as a certified entry leave suite these 3d suits are very good at math, accuracy, and just very professional.

What do you dislike?

I have used SolidWorks only in a beginning college course but I use Inventor daily at work. With this said I think that Inventor is not as user friendly as Solidworks. In other words Inventor will require more effort to get the result you want mainly in the assembly environment, I don't like that during the assembly process Inventor will not allow you constrain unless you do it a certain or different way. Another thing I dislike (and I'm not saying this is available in other suites) but I wish there was forgiveness or sensitivity setting that would stop annoying notifications that there is conflicting constraints in the assembly..If you are not designing a "transmission" you wouldn't need the same sensitivity if you were assembling a simple table..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make sure you a powerful pc..4 gigs ram at least.

Designs are documented, materials are ordered once, projects are built right the first time. Projects are completed faster.

Inventor review by Nora A.
Nora A.

"Inventor Review"

What do you like best?

I have been lucky to have the opportunity to use Inventor in the past. As an Engineering student, I was able to have exposure to the software and learn how to utilize it to my advantage. Without this software, learning the 3D aspects of different objects would have been much more difficult.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike about Inventor. At first, the software can seem extremely overwhelming, but after some time, it is easy to get used to it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

To others considering using Inventor, I would say that it's great for your design needs. If you open the software and find that you are overwhelmed with what you're seeing, you just need to take a step back and look at what you are trying to accomplish and you'll find your way. In addition, the customer support is great if you need help!

I used Inventor during my Engineering degree to complete various design projects!

Inventor review by Alex L.
Alex L.

"Personal Expereince "

What do you like best?

Inventor® 3D CAD software offers an easy-to-use set of tools for 3D mechanical design, documentation, and product simulation. Personally, the thing I really like is it is relatively easier to learn how to use the software as a new user. It took me 30 minutes to figure out 70% of the functions. And after reading some materials and guidelines online, I could say I know 90% of this software. Technically, it is a powerful software for designers. You can apply this software on various jobs as long as they require 3D approaches.

What do you dislike?

One of the cons is it takes a while to actually remember what all these functions are and how they work. Sometimes you know what you want in your mind, but somehow it takes a while to figure it out what function to use and where to find these function. But once you get familiar with the software, you won't have such problem.

Product Design; It saves me a lot of time and the effects and really good and amazing.

Inventor review by User

"Overall, a great product!"

What do you like best?

I learned 3D modeling on Solidworks, but 2D on AutoCad; I like that the interface is similarly structured to AutoCad, but the theory is close enough to Solidworks that I had little issue transitioning. I appreciate the clean interface, and that I can easily transition certain files between the 2.

What do you dislike?

I'm not having too many issues thus far, although I do wish that shortcut codes were as easy to use as AutoCad.

Applications to roll-forming, including realizing parts from drawings, quoting material based on weight and dimension, strip widths.

"Review of Inventor"

What do you like best?

It i a straight forward easy user interface. There are plenty of different methods to work with. You can work at your own pace with Inventor and everyone can have their own unique way of doing things.

What do you dislike?

I think that there are features out there that I have not learned yet and that I do not know the full potential of Inventor yet.

I have done Design work both in college and at work with Inventor. Designing 3D models for projects and creating dwgs based on the 3d models.

Inventor review by Administrator

"3d Mold and Part Design"

What do you like best?

Autodesk inventor provides ease of use and custom functions.

What do you dislike?

software crashing during large scale projects

Recommendations to others considering the product

darker theme, less crashing, use more cores, fix measure command.

The new measure function does not allow you to copy a portion of the dimension. Smoother faster performance in the 2018 version with large scale assemblies.

Inventor review by User

"Autodesk Inventor id Awesome!!"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with autocad and the ability to make STL files for use with my 3D Printer

What do you dislike?

I have nothing that I dislike so far as I have been able to easily use Inventor for work and home.

It helps solve some manufacturing process with assembling parts.

Inventor review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Very streamlined and user-friendly experience"

What do you like best?

I like intuition built into the software. Every command has a clear and logical purpose.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike about Inventor.

Optimizing the design of parts to be 3D printed. Design in autodesk is very simple and can be imported into any 3D modeling software

Inventor review by User

"Good software to learn the basics"

What do you like best?

Inventor is really easy to learn, is very basic and has all patterns and icons laid out in a really good way. Their online support is pretty good too, from what I heard from a colleague. Ease of drafting complex parametric models is high in inventor and helps it stand out from the crowd.

What do you dislike?

Personally, I have always seen Inventor as a very basic drafting and designing software and have never thought of it as one that has use for industrial purposes. I have worked in 3 GIANTS in 3 industries so far and none of them use Inventor, further cementing my belief.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a really nice software to learn the basics of Engineering design in college. Needs to maybe market a little but more to be more appealing to the industry class.

In school, I used Inventor to draft structures for class projects and design classes. It was always pretty easy and fun to work with.

Inventor review by Raul R.
Raul R.

"Solid CAD for solid designs"

What do you like best?

I like the new technologies like AnyCAD, that enables you to use an imported CAD for reference and mantains the link to that model, so it recieves updates. Also the Design Accelerator is unique, very much like using Mechanical Desktop revamped.

What do you dislike?

The lack of manufacturing tools like Tolerance Analysis, Clumsy to setup a referenced design, and the fact that Autodesk is moving to a rental scheme, where the ownership of the softeware is banned

Recommendations to others considering the product

To really try it

Mainly the change from AutoCAd environments to Inventor is flawless, besides the user mantains their AutoCAD for soften the bump.

Inventor review by User in Research
User in Research

"Ease of doing 3D modeling with inventor"

What do you like best?

friendly user interface. Easy to understand even for the freshers. Graphics are good.

What do you dislike?

Rotation of a model is not accomodated in the mouse and every time users use the steering to rotate models.

I model 3D coils used for winding super conductor wires and also I design lab equipment .

Inventor review by User in Computer Software

"Powerful and Easy-to-Learn 3D CAD program"

What do you like best?

The overall interface and layout of the Inventor CAD system is logical and intuitive. It is easy enough to learn that it can be taught and used by high-schoolers with minimal oversight; it is easy to get from novice to building relatively advanced multi-part assemblies with only a few hours of time using the software. The assembly feature of the product is quite useful because it allows multiple parts to be connected and rendered exactly as they will be physically, helping to avoid mistakes due to misplaced attachments points or incorrect sizes.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have not come across any problems with Inventor. I wish the installation size and process was a bit easier and lower impact, but that is to be expected with a software platform of this depth and scope.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Inventor, Solidworks, and Pro/E; while I prefer Inventor because of the intuitive design and easy-to-master interface for common design tasks all of these tools provide essentially similar functions. It is relatively easy to transfer skills in one to the others, so it makes sense to choose the platform that has a UI most compatible with your personal needs.

I initially learned Inventor because it was the offering provided through the FIRST Robotics program, and used it to excellent results modelling and doing pre-prototype design creation before having access to any CNC tools - the blueprint outputs were used directly in the shop to build the parts as specified. Recently I've used Inventor to concept, design, and 3D render items for CNC manufacture and found it to be quite capable. It can easily export design files in the 2D vector formats needed by CNC lasers or routers.

Inventor review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"You get what you pay for"

What do you like best?

It is a relatively cheaper alternative to some of the other parametric modeling software packages on the market

What do you dislike?

It does not have many of the capabilities that other packages that I've used in the past come with standard.

Designing product templates and bill of material creation

Inventor review by Krishnaprasad J.
Krishnaprasad J.

"A must have for any CAD professional "

What do you like best?

I like the extensive amount of features and powerful tools that Inventors gives to the user. It is an intuitive and seems to be the archetypal CAD software. While its uses in the industry are sparse, experience with Inventor is sure to give an advantage to any professional in the industry .

What do you dislike?

I have no specific dislikes for this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many tutorial included in Inventor and can be found online that are vital to getting started as there is a slightly steep learning curve to this product.

I am not using Inventor in a business setting

Inventor review by Vince M.
Vince M.

"Used within and outside of the film & TV industry"

What do you like best?

I have no experience using another type of 3D program. Easy of use. I have been happy using it for many years designing gadgets and gizmos for the film & TV industry and on homeland security projects..

What do you dislike?

Since I have not used other type of program, I cannot compare to dislike. However, I started using Inventor LT many years ago and advanced to full version and very happy!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only have experience with Inventor. The company Autodesk is solid and I am happy with Inventor and AutoCAD.

I design gadgets and gizmos that could potentially be unsafe. The program allows me to focus my attention on the smallest details as I build the device and assemble. Along the way, I check for interference and motion issues. My clients love the end results, especially when I photo-realistically render my project.

Inventor review by User

"Great software, valuable features"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface, easy to pick up, a staple of introductory engineering and beyond

What do you dislike?

Higher level tutorials/guides would be improved. A dedicated Autodesk guide to sheet metal, for example, would be great. If one does exist, needs to be better publicized.

Developing complex 3D models and prototypes.

Inventor review by Jason S.
Jason S.

"Inventor for Education"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy to use and the ability to run simulations for different materials is excellent.

What do you dislike?

The file system is a bit cumbersome for Educational use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product are simple to use and there are easy to follow tutorials available.

The product is used to teach manufacturing students the basics of 3D design.

Inventor review by Luis A.
Luis A.

"Simple CAD to use"

What do you like best?

It´s an easy CAD to work with, making parts and assembling them. Making drawings is simple and enjoyable.

What do you dislike?

The rendering is still to basic, it really needs an upgrade

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s a simple software that helps you throughout the whole product development and modelling of parts.

Doing a model of a dispenser I can change dimensions easily through the assembly without the need of going to the original file.

Inventor review by User in Supermarkets
User in Supermarkets

"Inventor"

What do you like best?

I love the 3D modeling and the ability to turn off the visibility of items in your drawing

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more intuitive. I am a part time user and do not know all of the ins and outs of the software

we are moving all of our CAD work to Inventor

"Love the program"

What do you like best?

it makes it very simple to creat and analysis parts. that can be critical to the function of the job.

What do you dislike?

can't use the keyboard for certain commands like in AutoCAD

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for making 3D drawings

easy to conduct stress analysis on lifting beams

Inventor review by Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Administrator in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Great product, have used it here for over 18 years. Great design tools."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, reliable, each new version adds something that helps make things faster and efficient.

What do you dislike?

IS picky about where files are stored, doesn't like them moved once you start designing with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, most engineers know how to use this somewhere. Does the job, and all the new products that Autodesk is putting out to work with Inventor files make this a great Desgn Suite.

Able to design new products faster and find solutions to design issues we run into mush more efficiently than before.

Inventor review by Valerie G.
Valerie G.

"Mechanical Engineering / Pneumatic conveying design and manufacturing"

What do you like best?

The interface is very user friendly. Easy to learn and adjust to personal taste. The intelligence that is built in to the program is incredibly powerful. It makes it very easy to build parts and pieces once, manipulate them through parameters and instantly have a series of parts that range in size that can be saved and cataloged for later use. The seamless integration into sheets and drawings is unmatched in my opinion, and the option to coordinate projects through Auto-desk's Vault program makes it very simple to deconstruct a project for a large team to work on various pieces and t