InVision

Ask InVision a Question
Showing 553 InVision reviews
InVision review by User in Financial Services
View Original

"Prototyping for a modern designer"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InVision
InVision review by Gurava M.
Gurava M.

"Great tool for Interaction Design"

What do you like best?

Easy to link screens and create navigation.

Comments can be provided by different team members.

Access can be given to everyone in working team easily for view/comment.

Easy syncing from Sketch and Adobe.

The interaction is very seamless. It looks like an application flow.

What do you dislike?

Arranging the screens is not very intuitive. When I upload a screen, i am not sure why it goes and sits in a specific location. I have to search for it and then move it to a location I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to define interaction design for the screens. Very easy to use and looks like a real application for the team who we are presenting it to. You can also do user testing (moderated and unmoderated) using this tool much early in the process.

Different teams can give comments offline during the reviews within the tool. So that designer can take a look at it and address those comments.

Moderated and unmoderated reviews with business users, Interaction design and review of UI/UX with different teams (Development, QA, Management, User community etc).

What Prototyping solution do you use?

InVision review by Ketan H.
Ketan H.

"InVision Detailed Review"

What do you like best?

Everyone should try InVision because it is a very helpful tool for sharing your designs with the client. With this, you can also make clickable and interactive prototypes to share with the client. When shared with the client, they can also comment on the designs then and there itself. We can even share .gf images. If you want to start a new project and want to share initial concepts or references, you can do it with the mood board. With the latest update, I like the on hover feature which makes it feel like a live website while sharing it with the client.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I am facing problem is the grouping system. If there was an option to group similar products, it would have been easier to projects and easy to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend it to everyone who wants to share their work and wants the feedback there itself. Why recommended, firstly it free, you get to do interactive prototyping. Can create mood boards. What else does one need now?

The main problem I was facing is that the clients were giving feedback in a word document, with this I was not able to track as on which page the feedback is related or for which section. But now with InVision, clients are giving online only by which I know where it is related and what do they exactly mean.

InVision review by Ansell L.
Ansell L.

"Invision Review"

What do you like best?

Invision is one of the best software for sharing and making prototypes, it is so easy to use and understand for any novice, the prototypes are also interactive which is more exciting for the clients to see. They also have feature for user testing and collecting information after the design is all ready this is specially very good as you do not need to use another software again for testing.

Invision also has an option to make mood boards which is also helpful for showing to clients all in one place and it also supports GIFs.

Invision has also come up with InVision studio which is such a wonderful product on its own. There is soo much scope with invision studio, it is better than all the other designing software as one can also animate and prototype within. The best part is that it is FREE, who does not love FREE products.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much that i dislike in Invision as i regularly use it and love it. I think maybe a few things which can be added as another product is maybe project management although they already have task management but project management will help alot.

I think they should start prototypes for AR/VR and MR too as these are the new medias. This will help them to capture the future market too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InVision is a wonderfull product especially if you are a ui/ux designer or product designer. It is a must needed as it has all the feature for you once your design is ready, from prototyping to commenting, task allotment, user testing, mood boards, a mobile version (in which the prototype can be sent to the desired client through SMS also), smart watch prototyping.

It also has a learning section to learn form the greatest of companies about their process and how they scaled up their design teams. Recently InVision has also launched Invision Studio and Design System Manager which is one of the biggest game changers in the industry.

I think nothing can stop invision from success now.

Invision helps me to design better products with immediate feedback from clients through the comments sections and also user testing with their additional feature of user testing.

InVision review by Daniel P.
Daniel P.

"Do you want real apps? Start with InVision."

What do you like best?

The prototypes that I have been able to do in InVision are fantastic, at this moment I have the availability to access them from any device, whenever it is necessary. InVision goes beyond a model, creates a real interaction between a possible client or user and the application.

Through the configurations we can block screens for a certain user role, it is fantastic because it perfectly emulates a web behavior and we love it. Having control over access levels makes InVision always the main choice for today's mobile and web 3.0 applications.

What do you dislike?

On the InVision board there is a prototype mode, which allows modifications to the web or mobile design that is desired. Being in prototype mode does not allow me to move from one screen to another, which generates great inconvenience because you want the modifications to be made between screens.

I have to devise a way to remember the previous screens with respect to the new modification, it is a cumbersome process, but it is the only one that allows me to advance in the projects.

The loading and unloading process of .Sketch or .PSD is extremely slow. It is required to do it in a moment of complete speed of internet, more when there are intermediate images (there are usually many).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The benefit is directly applied to the performance in the development of the designs and prototypes of future applications of high interaction with the user. The demand has led us to use this program directly and we are delighted. I recommend its use, whenever the project merits a deep interaction, otherwise, you can use basic tools. InVision is for superheroes.

The feeling of satisfaction observed by the customer is undoubtedly something special for the company, all the prototypes and designs made have the particularity of including many interactions and customers are really impressed.

For us it is a pleasure to have a tool of this type that will help us in this design process beyond a model.

InVision review by Avril G.
Avril G.

"A great software with many incredible functions"

What do you like best?

InVision is multifunctional, it allows me to do more things than I can mention, I can design, build a prototype, share everything I want, try designs and develop all the business potential with the designs of our presentation to the world. I can achieve my job of finding new ways and ways to achieve a perfectly representative image of our product and InVision has everything to be able to achieve it.

What do you dislike?

The software can be generally a bit complex to use, the interface has cost me a bit to understand it completely. I need to integrate other applications to work properly, and in doing everything becomes extremely slow and heavy, I would like that problem to be solved because the use of InVision is really important for the work I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool you will see, powerful and looking to allow you to create designs to achieve an image suitable for your company, the quality product you need to try is InVision. It has everything that a truly complete software needs, try to use it and you will see that it meets what I mention at face value. 100% recommended.

InVision has allowed us to achieve a fresh and new image of what we really offer in the market. It is an effective tool that has given me the possibility of obtaining, through various designs and thanks to which I can share them, a much greater scope and thus reach many potential and active clients. In an authentic way, it has enabled us to creatively create, administer and design our image to the world.

InVision review by Carlos P.
Carlos P.

"InVision es una herramienta indispensable en el diseño y prototipado de software."

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de InVision es que permite una interacción muy fluida de los integrantes de las diferentes áreas (desarrollo, diseño, calidad, gerencia) que están involucrados en el proyecto.

Los puntos fuertes que considero que posee son, el manejo de prototipos, la simulación de la navegación requerida, la interacción por comentarios y el historial de cambios.

Por otro lado es una aplicación de usabilidad muy intuitiva para cualquier perfil (técnico o no) que requiera interactuar con ella.

En general una gestión integral del proyecto que la hace una herramienta excepcional en indispensable para cualquier empresa que desarrolle software.

What do you dislike?

Hemos tenido ciertos problemas con la sincronización cuando hay varias personas haciendo cambios. En especifico cambios que no se han subido y que ocasiona que se continúe trabajando en diseños viejos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitivamente es una herramienta muy fácil de usar y que integra la solución a las necesidades que se presentan en el prototipado de software. La gestión que permite del proyecto la hace en mi opinión la herramienta líder en el mercado actual.

Mantener un solo diseño del proyecto o prototipo de software, con visibilidad controlada para todas las personas involucradas.

El beneficio es tener el proceso complejo del diseño bien encauzado manteniendo la visibilidad durante su desarrollo, con lo cual se consigue una gestión eficiente de esta parte de los proyectos.

InVision review by Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.

"Great Prototyping Tool"

What do you like best?

Invision does a great job of giving users a lot of options for flexibility to create great prototypes. The design is very intuitive and I can build anything that I can think of! I have not encountered a design that I haven't been able to build yet. The integration with Sketch makes my workflow much easier to keep the prototypes and wireframes updated.

What do you dislike?

It's not so much that I dislike invision, just a plugin that they created for Invision - Craft. It is a great plugin when building wireframes and prototypes in Sketch, but the syncing has some issues. Sometimes it doesn't sync and gives me an error, but it doesn't give a reason, just "something went wrong." When errors are vague it makes troubleshooting really difficult and frustrating, but I'm hoping all of these issues will be fixed with the release of Invision Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great, I love it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a solution to prototyping! It has a low learning curve and the ability to create amazing products can come naturally to any designer!

I use Invision for creating interactive prototypes and wireframes for products that I build for clients. It allows me to create animations and interactions that I cannot achieve for a static prototype. Because it is so easy to use, there is more free time for me to user test and develop the product instead of getting stuck in the details.

InVision review by Kaytlin S.
Kaytlin S.

"The software that designs creatively"

What do you like best?

It is a very impressive software and it has all the necessary tools. InVision to be so easy to manipulate helps me to make much more creative designs. It shows a much more modern and fresh image to the company as well as helping to increase the potential of the business. Everything can be customized the way you want. The option of labeling is very good, as well as integrating other applications.

What do you dislike?

InVision is usually very slow. Almost always the option to integrate other applications has problems. It also has problems when loading very heavy files. The interface is somewhat complicated to manipulate too, which makes it very annoying. Customer support has been an incredible support and has helped me with any problem that presents, which gives me pleasant experiences and avoids any inconvenience whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is one of the best to share designs. InVision has a lot of power to increase the operation of your business. I recommend that, if you are loading very heavy files, load them manually. InVision is the best option to work from different commercial areas, definitely recommended.

Thanks to this software that gave me its tools, the image of my business is much better. Using this software you can create a variety of very creative designs. My clients now think that sharing prototypes is something much more interesting. The benefits have been many, integral InVision to our daily work, create, manage and organize designs based on a participatory work that has made each creation much easier.

InVision review by Patty H.
Patty H.

"Revolution in the design, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Design management software, is a network that allows you to share and exchange designs with other people, where you can comment and participate in an exchange of ideas and opinions, thus allowing to integrate all the team of joint work with clients so that, for half of previous designs, achieve an impressive image.

The fact of being able to personalize according to my tastes and criteria gives me a great work experience.

The integration of PhotoShop makes all the work much easier.

What do you dislike?

The interface in the beginning seemed quite old, it cost me to understand how to use it and so that each tool worked, however I took the habit and understood each of the functions that it offered me. It is really wonderful software and easy to use when you understand how to configure it and share all your design works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To obtain better results in the design formats, in the exchange of ideas and negotiations in your company, start using InVision and observe all the benefits that can bring to your professional life.

It has solved many problems with that has brought great benefits and solutions to various problems that we may have had some time.

- Less workload and more free time to devote to the development of our projects, thanks to systematization and interaction between work team and clients, now the design decisions take less time.

- Design management and organization in the quality of the same.

- Better business exchanges thanks to which we offer a better product.

InVision review by An M.
An M.
View Original

"Free premium prototyping tool, now with a great free studio version to make things."

What do you like best?

I love the hot spots and history of the viewers, I use the history portion to find out who on the team has viewed the project and when. I like knowing who has viewed my project, and who is commenting. I love that they have launched their own version of Sketch/Photoshop called Studio and I recently got the beta, it's amazing. Love that I can just open my old files right in the new program. I like the new darker back ground and the plug-in integration.

What do you dislike?

Not too many downsides to this program. When exporting links to end users, the page is slow to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work and the great meet and greets.I hope to see more plug-ins and integration with partners.

Sharing prototypes with people outside of my network is the best benefit. I don't have to worry about providing links to download software to interact with my prototype. Its all viable from a computer with an internet connection.

InVision review by Jishnu H.
Jishnu H.

"Good for prototyping "

What do you like best?

Presentation is everything in my field of work, no matter how great your UX/UI is, in the end, if the presentation isn't good, it's going to leave a bad impression. Invision does this job seamlessly by enabling gestures, helping the designer make the design feel like an MVP.

What do you dislike?

Invision sometimes tend to mess up the order of the files uploaded and rearranging it is quite a task especially if you have like 50-100 screens uploaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invison is what you need if you want to churn out prototypes quickly. Plus Invision is coming up with various other exciting products, like Invision studio, which is all part of the package.

Quick feedback is essential to rapid prototyping. The commenting feature enables this. Makes it easier for clients to provide feedback on the spot without having to switch tabs.

InVision review by Meghan U.
Meghan U.

"Great for design collaboration"

What do you like best?

Ideal for sharing designs to get feedback from stakeholders. Easy to generate public sharing links. The commenting and tagging features are great. The interface for presenting designs is superior to most other sharing platforms. I have also yet to encounter a better alternative to generating clickable prototypes and hotspots. Invision also has great functionality for creating and sharing moodboards. The Invision Craft plugins for Sketch are very useful. Excited to see try out the additional tools coming out of the Invision ecosystem, including Studio and Design Systems Manager.

What do you dislike?

Syncing files from Sketch to Invision is often problematic and the tech takes a long time to sync. Invison Sync also frequently crashes or does not perform with large files or a large number of artboards. It's gotten to a problematic point where I mostly push updates in Zeplin.The interface is also sometimes buggy and slow, especially with drag and drop. I wish Sketch artboard names would also update with Invision sync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best software for sharing designs. InVision also has the greatest potential in streamlining the product design workflow with its suite of upcoming tools and wide range of existing design resources.

Invision allows the various product teams to collaborate on design ideas, catch UX holes, and create a better product.

InVision review by Destinity L.
Destinity L.

"Amazing tool for collaboration in design"

What do you like best?

It is a very complete software that considerably facilitates the work necessary to exchange designs effectively, where all customers and colleagues can participate and collaborate to put together an impressive design. It has great systematical functions that participate in an excellent way in the whole process of the public exchange. The Sketch integration method is very useful for me and the whole experience of being able to control and customize everything is very satisfactory.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not had a complicated enough problem in which the technical support has not contributed everything to help me solve any problem. I think everything works very well, with all the specific limitations from the beginning, which of course, I knew before I started using it. However, those things have not affected me. The software works perfectly for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend its use, it is essential after you start using it and discover how incredible it is. Try it in your office, see what InVision can offer for your life, your work and for all those around you.

I like that the benefits have been quite large, such as:

- Saving of time invested

- Workload relief

- Greater professionalism

- Growth and improvement in negotiations thanks to prototypes that we present to clients before sending the final product

- Better administration and management of the presented designs.

- Organization between work colleagues.

- Ease in business negotiations.

InVision review by Corina P.
Corina P.

"Easy to use software, essential."

What do you like best?

It is a fairly complete software. It allows you to develop the creative business potential, where you can make several destinations thanks to the rapid sharing function, where according to convenience you can customize, if you wish or not, enable comments or divide the design by sections. The development of business models impresses customers and gives me the ability to keep them up to date with business projects. Being able to integrate other important applications, whether Sketch or Photoshop have made it much easier to export my sketches and use them there, also with the files, I can take them directly from the application I use thanks to the integration system; this function reduces the effort of having to pass everything from one side to another.

What do you dislike?

It brings a bit of complications to the use of the integration function of other applications. Although I mentioned earlier that it is quite a big help because it relieves the work load, and makes things very easy, it has a small inconvenience, it does not allow to pass very heavy files, and this has turned out to be a big problem; because if I necessarily need to use a certain sketch, that does not allow me to transfer it to InVision, I have to download it, then upload it manually to use it. It is a total nuisance. Equally the interface can be a bit complicated to manage, sometimes it does not run well, it can be very slow sometimes with some specific functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to make a model, try, it offers the possibility to create incredible designs, providing fabulous tools. It really seems like a complete software and it adapts completely to what you are looking for, since it has basic functions that help any emergency design circumstance. It is easy to use and very useful in the office, I recommend it and, if you still do not use it, try to try it and see how big it can be.

I like the fact that it has allowed me to be able to develop online prototypes where I can share it with all the clients and work colleagues, in this way the design is created based on what they like or do not like; i don't have to be creating a design that ultimately does not like the customer, which would be a waste of time. Developing a prototype in InVision gives the opportunity to adjust, edit and create designs quickly and efficiently; all without investing much time, effort or money.

InVision review by Lindsey G.
Lindsey G.

"Easy to Use - Great for Clients as Well"

What do you like best?

I love how it connects with the programs I use directly so I can always keep my prototype up to date. It also has easy functionality for creating the interactions once you are in InVision. I also love the flexibility of being able to only show certain screens, create sections in a project, and enable and disable comments depending on what project you're in. There are times and places for all of these - and having those controls is great.

What do you dislike?

That I can't switch from screen to screen while in prototype mode. When I'm building out my hotspots it's a major inconvenience to go back to a different view to pick a new screen to start building out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Sketch or Photoshop there is a direct plugin to upload your artwork to a project. The sync process is a little lengthy if you have a large file - so sometimes it is easier to just export JPGs and upload them manually. It all depends on what part of the process you're in, and how quickly you need to move on from that stage.

It is a great way to take a static mock up of a design and bring it to life for a client to give them a sense of functionality without actually having to get into code or getting a developer to build out a prototype.

The biggest benefit to this is that It eliminates a lot of potential time wasted building out a design that a client may or may not like. It gives the opportunity for adjustments pre-build and that is essential.

InVision review by Samuel S.
Samuel S.

"A swiss army knife for MVPs"

What do you like best?

Its integration with Sketch makes this tool super invaluable. It's dev inspector makes designing for devs no effort at all on both sides. The sharing features and the prototyping capabilities are super useful to impress any client.

What do you dislike?

I think the organization is a bit off. With even a small project the ui of the website starts to become pretty overwhelming and unwieldy. The Sketch upload integration can be buggy and cause quite a bit of frustration. These things have actually made me seek other tools, but there just aren't perfect tools out there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Marvel first. I like that tool better, but my company already has a license with Invision.

Prototyping, dev specs, project sharing. It does these things really well. It makes prototypes look and act like real websites and apps. Clients have been totally blows away in presentations. More than that, it acts as an excellent research tool, letting users click through flows and giving us a great tool to observe their instincts.

InVision review by Chuck L.
Chuck L.

"Reliable, fast, and easy to use, but getting complicated"

What do you like best?

Invision is easy not only for designers to use, but anyone not really in design. The interface is pretty easy to figure out for the basics, but if you want to do anything more complex, it's getting pretty complicated.

What do you dislike?

I'm getting a bit concerned that InVision is trying to do EVERYTHING in the space and the offerings are making the core experience a bit more confusing than it has to be.

The prototypes are best meant for static interaction for now so I wouldn't use this for motion prototypes yet. You might be better off building that yourself in another app or building your own from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need something flexible to work across not only your Design team but other parts of the organization, InVision is an easy choice because it's user friendly from the sharing perspective. The user perspective is relatively easy to use, and it supports multiple sizes for screens.

Just be aware that InVision is best for relatively simple static prototypes and anything with motion is not supported well yet.

Sharing prototypes both internally and externally have proven immensely useful. The password protection on entire prototypes or individual screens are useful for limiting the exposure of certain parts of the prototypes to only relevant areas that a stakeholder has to see without you having to setup a separate project.

InVision review by Karmon F.
Karmon F.

"Makes itself Indispensable "

What do you like best?

Quick-prototyping UX flows/presentation.

What do you dislike?

Like I mentioned in the title of this review, it makes itself indispensable, but having said that, I do have some qualms. The craft plugin will crash Sketch if I try to use real data other than the names feature, the comments and conversation UI leaves much to be desired—it's clunky, and feels like there wasn't much testing done in a real-use scenario.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InVision is an indispensable tool. I like that you're allowed one prototype for free—so if you're like me, and don't have enough freelance work coming in to pay the 13.00 a month for the lowest paid tier, you have to be creative and careful with prototype turnover. The tradeout here, over competitors, such as Marvel is that while Marvel allows for more than one prototype, but all new prototypes disallow commenting which is kind of useless. Another thing to think about is transitions and animations. While not exportable on an engineering level, you can insert some pretty advanced overlays and transitions to illustrate more than static screens—something Marvel doesn't feature.

Another underused feature is the inspector. While most people hand over a Sketch file, or upload a file to Zeplin, InVision already has a lot of those features built in—they're just somewhat hidden. It even creates a repository for assets such as .svg and .png layers. Overall it's a great tool, especially given all of the work they're doing on their newer features and the future of product design, as a whole.

I use InVision every day. I like that I can hook it directly up to Sketch via the Craft plugin, and it's really useful for quick prototyping; ruling out UX flows/finding problems we might not have discovered, before. It's pretty widely used, so I can send it to clients and they have either already used it, or can quickly onboard themselves just by following a share link, and following tour points.

InVision review by Susan R.
Susan R.

"The industry standard"

What do you like best?

Simple on boarding and easy for the beginner prototyper. Nice how it synchs with Sketch. Still, has all the bells and whistles that an advanced designer wants. Good simple transitions, lots of nice templates.

What do you dislike?

Would like more flexibility to show micro interactions. Better and easier animations--would like to see some micro animations that are drag and drop to make the whole process faster.. Simpler templates. Sometimes the user flow is confusing and hard to find your way back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the industry standard (at this point) so learn to use it.

Great for explaining UI/UX to the Product team and stakeholders. It’s almost impossible today to conduct design reviews without prototyping since interfaces are so dynamic.

It’s also fantastic for usability testing since users get to see what seems like a functional application and yet changes are relatively simple to implement and test again.

InVision review by Chelsey S.
Chelsey S.

"New Website Experience Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love that InvisionApp is so easy to use and creates a really seamless experience for a new website design. We use this product as we are re-branding and re-creating our entire website and it helps showcase the direction we are going in so that people can see and understand. This is one of the best (if not #1) prototyping tools out there. I love that though specifically for design, this tool allows multi-departmental understanding of a certain project and gives project managers, designers, coders, etc. the ability to conceptualize and experience the project as it takes shape.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have one! Since there are so many capabilities within this platform, it can be a bit overwhelming. The help center is great and I've been successful using that outlet but I wish there were more (or maybe easier to find....) help videos for "big topics".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend InVision enough. There is a reason major companies choose this software -- they are the best! Give it a try; it's free and you're guaranteed to love it!

Redesigning an almost 15-year old website with old graphics, coding, UX, etc. has been exceedingly challenging, especially when trying to communicate design interwoven with usage. With Invision, we get to show real-time prototypes of our new website direction and also allow for collaboration. This tool has benefited our company by allowing the designers an outlet to describe what they are doing and have impactful collaboration.

InVision review by Samantha G.
Samantha G.

"My Invision Experience"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the user interface is. I also like that you can upload a Photoshop file to your prototypes and update the screens automatically when you save in Photoshop. It is super simple to share a working screen with viewers with a link or the app. It is very easy to drag and drop screens as well as re order them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes you are required to make a new link when you want to share the most recent prototype edits. I also wish that there was a way to edit the text on a prototype within the Invision platform. I also wish there was a way to export the screen flow into a video or PDF in case the internet isn't working or the files are deleted somehow.

When building a new website and communicating with the developers at one of my clients workplaces, it was very helpful to have Invision to explain how I wanted the new website to flow. From the screen movements to the click actions. It would have been harder and taken longer for me to animate screens or write the actions in words for them.

InVision review by Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.

"Ideal prototyping tool with other great features"

What do you like best?

InVision is constantly pushing the limit on the features that it releases. They started off with having the best prototyping tool and have followed that by boosting the capabilities and creating add-ons like Craft. They have a great option for creating boards (I tend to use these as a way to show my CEO mood boards as well as to create a living updated style guide). The comments section is phenomenal because it allows my developers, copy writers and product managers to leave me notes about items that need to change in the designs. I haven't used Freehand but it's supposed to be an interactive way to take notes right on the artboard with the use of a stylus and tablet or iPad.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in terms of interaction but a lot of the time there are work-arounds. The best way to become familiar with these work-arounds is watching youtube videos and reading their blog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support from InVision far surpasses my expectations. They have a chat box on the bottom of the page with technicians that quickly understand my needs and provide me with a solution or a link to relevant information.

There are various pricing options for this product. You can start with a free account but if you're a large company, the Enterprise account is absolutely the way to go.

I am able to send out mockups and interactions to key stakeholders at my company. InVision has also allowed me to give my offsite development team HTML and CSS styling as well as the ability to hand off elements like imagery and icons.

InVision review by Julieanne M.
Julieanne M.

"Overwhelming, but very easy to learn."

What do you like best?

The best things about invision is the ease of use when collaborating with a team, and the fact that it's web based. Another great pro is that it allows you to import artwork from other apps easily, like photoshop and sketch. Being able to have this easy import accessibility helps the flow and speed of the production process on all of my projects. It also seems that they keep integrating different apps to work within their system, which is great.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a dislike, but I just feel that there is so much you can do on here, which can make it feel a little overwhelming. In a good way! There's just a lot to learn when it comes to all the features this program has. Other than that, I haven't found anything else that I have disliked about this program. Keep up the good work, inVision!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great investment when you work with large teams, for collaboration. As well as speeding up the production process.

Collaboration between other creatives and clients have been great. It defiantly speeds up the progress for feedback, which has increased my production time for all of my projects.

Live feedback is also useful. When you are unable to meet with a client, live feedback is the perfect way to collaborate and make changes on the spot when needed. This feature is definitely a blessing when it comes to saving time and wasted hours of waiting for verbal feedback.

InVision review by Sara W.
Sara W.

"Helps to literally "envision" projects before they're created."

What do you like best?

I really like that you can add comments directly on something and respond to others' comments. The basis of InVision is also a cool idea. I'm glad it exists.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the comments I add don't save. They look like they save, but occasionally they will have disappeared later. (And not because they were resolved). Also, I hate that if you click into one project and exit out of it, you end up at the top of the page again instead of in the same spot of the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the need to send a client a project before building it, InVision will definitely help. It saves us time from getting all edits out of the way at the design level of projects.

We are able to mock up projects to see how they would look when they are built. Helps us mostly with designing websites, emails, and social ads.

InVision review by Joanne K.
Joanne K.

"Great for prototyping your websites and apps"

What do you like best?

The ability to make interactive prototypes with the InVision's built-in tools, the entire commenting system (it's easy to comment, view comments, and resolve), the plugins with Photoshop and Sketch that makes it easy to upload screens to InVision, InVision inspect that allows developers to review design specs

What do you dislike?

There are some minor user experience issues - for example, it takes a few clicks to copy a URL of a specific screen to share with a co-worker. Switching between organizations is not intuitive and many of my team members were confused at first. I also found some syncing issues when using the Sketch plugin. Sometimes the screens didn't update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InVision was critical to my team's design process. InVision made sharing and reviewing designs very easy. Although there were some minor user experience issues, they didn't stop us from using it. When I reached out to the customer service department for some of these issues, they were quick to reply and appreciative.

It's really nice for designers to be able to create interactive prototypes and share with developers and product managers. It's a quick and easy way to test the proof of concept and deliver the final designs to developers.

InVision review by Claire M.
Claire M.

"Es ist kostenlos und hilfreich."

What do you like best?

Mir gefällt, dass diese Software alles hat, um Prototypen für jedes Gerät zu testen. Wir können es so leicht mit unseren Mitarbeitern und anderen Mitgliedern teilen. Mit den einfachen Funktionen können Kunden entscheiden, ob es gut ist oder nicht. Wir können so leicht Feedback bekommen.

Ich mag es auch, dass wir Dokumente von anderen Webseiten ziehen und einfach dort einfügen können. Diese Eigenschaft ist erstaunlich.

What do you dislike?

Ich denke, am Anfang ist ein wenig verwirrend und wir mussten den Kundendienst kontaktieren.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde das jedem empfehlen, denn zuerst: es ist kostenlos. Und zweitens hilft Ihnen das, das richtige Design und die richtigen Ideen zu bekommen.

Ich benutze InVision für das Prototyping und teile meine Projekte mit anderen Leuten. Es ist ein großartiges Werkzeug, da es kostenlos ist und alles schnell macht.

InVision review by Barbara C.
Barbara C.

"Amazing tool! Makes us look good before our clients!"

What do you like best?

I really love the interface. It's extremely user friendly but I absolutely love what the app can do by allowing us to share layouts and get feedback from clients in a very easy way. We use to share jpegs by email and not only they were heavy but clients didn't really have a good understanding of what some represented and how they would be used. InvisionApp allows us to connect layouts and make them interactive before we write one line of code.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say I dislike anything. If there is one thing I'd say can be improved is the options for layouts in the boards (it's hard to control the size of the items depending on what layout we choose).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it! It's amazing how this app has saved us hours of time and we started using it right away, no learning curve or long setups. It is a very intuitive app and even clients don't have difficulties using it. In fact, some are fascinated by it and have mentioned how more professional we are compared to their previous agency just by how we present our layouts.

Design feedback from clients and InvisionApp has saved us hours in back and forth plus hours in revisions, because now we can show something more interactive that is easier for the client to understand.

Also, we use boards a lot. We use Invision to create mood boards as well as create brand boards for clients and they love it! It really makes us look good!!

InVision review by Deacon A.
Deacon A.

"Very easy, quick prototyping tool!"

What do you like best?

It's so incredibly easy to use, and they've added a lot of helpful features over time (overlays, fixed header/footer/ etc). When used with Sketch or Photoshop, you can sync your files/assets with InVision so that your prototype stays up to date as your source file changes.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in realistic form prototyping (text areas/etc). It would be nice to be able to utilize realistic text areas for user testing purposes. Another benefit that is currently missing is a fixed sidebar. It would be nice to be able to take a small png and drag/drop that onto the current screen for quick reference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even just for the free trial- consider giving InVision a shot! It's a very fast/easy prototyping tool.

Quick prototyping and user testing. We've been able to test business ideas with high-fidelity prototypes by uploading images and/or source files and easily setting up hotspots for user testing. This has allowed us to quickly iterate on user feedback and make big changes to business ideas that have saved clients thousands of dollars.

InVision review by Shahrooz F.
Shahrooz F.

"A "nearly perfect" prototyping tool "

What do you like best?

InVision is purely designed based on a "designer mindset" and this makes the platform very easy to use for other designers. It gives the basics of UI and UX design to create a prototype fast and easy.

You are at the peak of the learning curve from the beginning with its simple yet professional User Interface and great User Experience. Another feature I like is "Fixed footer" and "Fixed header" sections which are very useful in designing the prototype.

Collaboration

Another great feature of InVision is Craft plugin which can be installed on Photoshop and Sketch to sync the design with the service directly from the desktop. Amazing!

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is nothing that I dislike in InVision except limitations on free accounts which obviously are needed for the business purposes! So, no complaint about that! But, the pricing is not convenient for everyone and I categorize it as an expensive online service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free for your first project, so try it with no hesitation! You will enjoy working with it.

InVision made Interactive prototyping very easy. Its "LiveShare" feature is very handy for presenting the prototype to clients or other team members. It has great tools for team collaborations like Group sketch over the design or on a virtual whiteboard, Toll-free conference call, etc.

Also, downloading the prototype is another great benefit of InVision which allows you to host your prototype on your own server.

InVision review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The best prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

I love that it can easily be synced through Sketch! Craft Manager is great. Another plus is that they now have another tool that is just like Sketch, called Studio. It's all in one! I also love that you can edit headers and footers, it makes it feel like you can scroll on a real life phone and have what you need stay in place. It's also great that if you select iPhone, then the designs show up right on an actual iPhone! Other great features are the ability to have a timer on, so then pop ups can dissolve in and out.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Craft/InVision doesn't always update correctly. Another problem is that there might be some animation flaws when you click through the flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn every single feature that you can. The ability to have a timer, make headers, comment, share with others, makes wonders!

With InVision, I am able to solve the disconnect between product managers, developers, and designers. Both product managers and developers need to see how to the user experience works, so with this, designers are able to showcase the work. For all the projects I have worked on, I use InVision to show to others.

InVision review by Pragati S.
Pragati S.

"The best software to review projects"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is that it makes projects more appealing. Also it is extremely simple to use and upload files. You can simply drag and drop to upload a file into a project. Also this software is prompt and fast loading.

What do you dislike?

When you drag and drop some files into invison, it sometimes rearranges everything automatically. Also there is no undo option to undo a change. Also there has to be more shortcuts for fluidity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone working in the design industry. It makes your work more presentable and less cluttered. Also anyone can use it and it does not require any special skills to use it.

Its makes work more presentable and professional. Its is easy to send project link to clients for review. Also you can view your project in various screen size like mobile or desktop making it more appealing and efficient.

InVision review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"extremely useful and serves needs"

What do you like best?

Web based tool

Zero learning curve, really easy to use

Lightning fast prototypes

Amazing support team

Free (just for 1 prototype though)

Ease of prototype building. It is great to be able to quickly show stakeholders how a series of screens function together rather than relying solely on flat images.

Shared links and comments. Invision allows team members and stakeholders to collaborate no matter the location or time zone.

Freehand sketching is a powerful tool that allows real-time collaboration across multiple locations.

1). Good support system on collecting feedback.

2). Clean interface for real-time sharing and commenting on prototypes

3). Intuitive web display of prototypes.

4). Version history available.

5). Easily to mark screens.

What do you dislike?

Hotspot based prototypes, again, they are kinda boring

No fancy animations or transitions

Invision is great for linear prototyping. When it comes to more complicated needs, Invision becomes less valuable.

Invision's pricing model can become expensive quickly - beware of having too many reviewers.

Limited customer support services.

2). No responsive features.

3). Nonsupport for wireframe creation or elements modification, only suitable for ready-made designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

invision has served my purposes well. it could use some clean up and increased functionality, but it's definitely heading in the right direction. keep up the good work.

I solve a lot of business problems with InVision. I solve problems for clients by presenting them with real world examples of how their sites of applications may look and function.

InVision review by Jovan M.
Jovan M.

"Great tool for creative collaboration"

What do you like best?

You can use Invision for almost everything that is related to collaboration with designers, web designers, illustrators, creative agencies and many other.

Tool is very simple to use, integrations works well, and other people don't have problem to accept collaboration in this tool. I like their onboarding process is very good and well organized. With this onboarding you will not have a problem with long learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Missing some basic features in projects such as filters, subtasks etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in website redesign process and works with external creative agency, this software will solves you many problems in collaboration. Just go ahead.

Simplified and accelerated collaboration between non designers and designers.

InVision review by D Hendrik M.
D Hendrik M.

"Best prototyping app I ever used."

What do you like best?

Who doesn't know InVIsion app? it's the best app for UI designer to collect app feedback, brainstorming, create a rough idea. inVision create a plugin in called Craft for both apps (Sketch and Adobe Photoshop) to make designer easily when upload design to inVision plus they also add some feature such as, name, address, article generator, generate images

What do you dislike?

One thing, I don't like from inVision , it was subscription price a bit expensive for Asian designer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app prototyping tool, support many design tools such as sketch and photoshop also has inVision Studio. Has a great plugin called craft.

Yeah, of course. the inVision resolve the gap between client and designer when collecting a feedback and know the flow and interaction.

InVision review by Julie T.
Julie T.

"Invision Review"

What do you like best?

I upload the designs to the website for easy design reviews, to prototype it in the browser and for the devs to use inspect for easy front end questions. Inspect really changed the game for us!

What do you dislike?

The prototyping tools are hard to use and if you are constantly changing the art boards (as I am) then you are breaking all your clickable elements all the time. So i never make anything clickable, which suck becasue that would be so great. If I was working with clients and not an internal team this would be a dealbreaker for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't invest in the craft features becasue they break and change to often.

We are a start up making a tech product. We use invision for all our designs and every version we have ever made. I really like using invision on mobile, gives you a really good sense of how the app is going to feel.

InVision review by Jim Y.
Jim Y.

"Hard to remember how I even worked before Invision"

What do you like best?

It's honestly hard to remember how we used to do digital work before we used Invision. At first, it changed just the way we presented final designs to clients. Then, it became the core way we test wireframes and designs during user testing. I'm very impressed by constant iterative improvement to the core product, screen design prototypes, as well as amazing newer features such as Inspect, which has recently revolutionised our development handovers.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, very little at all. My only (hopefully irrational) dislike isn't really a dislike — it's a fear that Invision will be bought by Adobe and absorbed into their software meat grinder in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop looking. This is it.

Showing clients websites and apps in a realistic fashion — on a big screen for presentation, or on mobile devices for testing. Before Invision, websites were often shown to clients in unrealistic PDF or Powerpoint presentations — nothing was scaled correctly and they certainly weren't interactive. This means that clients have a better understanding of the designs early in the project, and are less likely to brief in last minute changes late in development.

InVision review by Utkarsh S.
Utkarsh S.

"Boost your presentations"

What do you like best?

The option to view your project in different screens and it is super easy to use. You can upload multiple files by simply dragging it to your project. You can also replace and rearrange a screen with another by dragging it.

What do you dislike?

There is no undo option when you make any changes to your project. Sometimes when you upload multiple screens, it shuffles everything and you cannot reverse the changes you made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Invision will enhance your presentations and reviews. It is not only easier to use but also gives a different dimension to your reviews by providing option to view in mobile or desktop.

Presenting my work to my team and sharing it with clients. Its easy to upload your work and you can just share a link with the clients and they do not require to install any software.

InVision review by Guadalupe B.
Guadalupe B.

"Make your business image more creative"

What do you like best?

From my point of view it is a wonderful software, which provides the necessary tools for the development of a good business image. All the designs I've done with InVision are very creative thanks to the easy way to manipulate this software. It makes the image of my company much more modern and beautiful, while increasing the potential of my company. Everything I can customize it by my way. I also find the option of labeling very good, as well as adding other applications.

What do you dislike?

InVision most of the time is usually very slow. As well as most of the time the option to add other applications has problems. Another problem is that it can not load very heavy files. It is also a little annoying its design because it makes it a little difficult to manipulate.

Using this software the image of my company improved a lot. Through this software you can create a lot of very creative prototypes for your business. Now it seems to my clients that sharing logos is fun and entertaining.

InVision review by Kirsty M.
Kirsty M.

"Great for team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Able to share links of current mockups easily to anyone. Commenting is simple. The minimal amount of prototyping tools are useful. Ability to export assets through inspect is great between designer and developer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's buggy and slow. Things take a while to load, easy to accidentally click things and you have to wait for it load and back out. More prototyping tools would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to collaborate with people. Highly recommended to people in the design field for web and mobile mockups.

Design work collaboration, being able to see what others are working on and to get feedback on your own projects. Be able to see what was done in the past at a glance.

InVision review by S M V.
S M V.

"An interesting tool for designers "

What do you like best?

1.Easy prototype creation from any images. I sometimes scan my rough paper prototypes and give links to each of them. I helps in sharing the file to my team.

2. It is very user friendly. Even a non designer can easily use this to give his/her idea.

3. Getting collaborative feedback becomes very easy.

What do you dislike?

If there are lot of pages in the prototypes, scrolling down the menu to link pages every time becomes a bit tedious work. Probably the invision team should consider a minor change in the design. Thereby they can take the focus directly to the working page in listed in the menu, so the navigation inside the menu becomes better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Designers should try this and understand the advantages over other products. It may suit your style of working.

I can easily share my ideas as prototype to my team and get an instant feedback. It quickens the whole process to a great extent and so I can release any new product features very faster. Quicker releases helps in good business and also helps in correcting mistakes quickly.

InVision review by User

"Use it every day and love it!"

What do you like best?

It's compatibility with sketch is unbelievably useful! Sketch is becoming the new industry standard for Web design over Photoshop. You can build prototypes right from Sketch and export easily. Also, the review and iteration process is relatively seamless with commenting and sharing functionality. ALSO, there are tools for developers so they can easily build your mockups (look up hex values, spacing, font sizes, etc).

What do you dislike?

There are some limits to the functionality that come up every once in a while. Sharing can be a little sticky (different versions floating around, weird accessibility issues). You cannot do mobile animations via the Craft plugin (which is the thing that allows you to seamlessly create prototypes in Sketch). It's also frustrating that you cannot do both a mobile and a desktop prototype within the same project. The upside is that InVision is constantly making improvements and updates to their product (I just have to make sure not to be too lazy to learn them).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a heavy Sketch user, it's a no-brainer.

Prototyping/ peer review/ stakeholder review/ developer build have all been simplified with this tool. The most life changing thing for me has been the streamlined review process (we were using email/Jira and commenting on static JPGS within threads before. Yikes). As a designer, it's amazingly useful to send out a link to a prototype/mockup for review, but still have the ability to make small edits (if, say, I noticed a typo but have already sent out an email).

InVision review by Dave P.
Dave P.

"Amazing mock up generator for showing clients examples of softwares"

What do you like best?

The ability to create clickable hot spots on your UI to transition. Easily share your project via text to show a mock up of your app. Transitions and animation effects when you click on a hot spot.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack in the ability to customize the actions that happen when you click on a hot spot. There's time I want a custom action to happen but the reactions to clicks is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out all the different ways to create hot spots and interactions between the different views early on as that's mainly how you'll use it.

Ability to quickly mock up UI designs, whether it's a desktop or mobile app, and share it with a client or colleague and have them interact with it as if it was already built.

InVision review by User in Computer Software

"Buggy, Slow, and support doesn't care. "

What do you like best?

I like that the application helps the prototype and collaboration process with my design team, but this is not unique to InVision. Every one of their competitors does this.

What do you dislike?

1. Buggy, buggy, buggy. Found several bugs the first week. Still fighting with support on other bugs submitted months ago. I don't even report bugs anymore to them since they do not care.

2. Support is slow and not caring. There's always an excuse why something isn't getting fixed.

3. Interface is cumbersome. For a company that is all about UI/UX, their interface is very clunky. They try to be innovative with how it is designed but didn't seem to worry about the usability of their application.

4. Interface is slow. I am on a Dell Precision with Xeon processor, 128GB RAM, 16GB NVidia graphics, and M.2 NVMe SSD. The hotspots take time to load in the prototype, when switching to another page there is lag between when the previous screen's hotspots disappear and the new screen's hotspots appear, so you cannot quickly navigate.

5. When viewing a prototype from a social share link, there's no way to switch to edit the prototype even though you are logged in with an account that has access to do so. You have to close the social share and then try to find the screen. If I'm visiting a share linked and I am the owner of the prototype, why can't I simple switch to the "build" interface of the prototype?

6. There's no way to share a prototype screen that has a screen overlay. You're in preview mode, click on a link which displays a screen overlay (such as a popup) then you click the share button. When you visit the share link, and overlays that were opened when you tried to share are closed.

7. When building a hotspot, you can use a quick search to find a screen to link the hotspot to, but if you select "Screen as Overlay" then there is no longer a quick search to select the screen for overlay, requiring you to use the clunky "browse" interface to search and horizontally scroll.

8. When on the Screen list view, it shows you how many comments and revisions, but you cannot do anything with this. You can't click on them to actually see the comments or revision

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully evaluate other options before making your decision with InVision.

Ability to collaborate design ideas and prototypes.

InVision review by Maria D.
Maria D.

"Great for Quick Prototyping"

What do you like best?

I like how quick and easy using InVision is - they make creating a clickable prototype very simple and intuitive. I also like that it collaborates with programs like Sketch so I can directly import my screens from Sketch and have them ready for me with proper titles in Invision.

What do you dislike?

I think InVision could make improvements on certain features - sometimes the hotspots get clunky (you can't have them too close to one another or overlapping) and some of the motion features are frustrating once actually previewing them live (like hover). I would love it if they would allow you to create a recording of your prototype, but unfortunately InVision only allows you to directly send a link to others - they have to view it in InVision. Another nitpicky thing is that the preset desktop, mobile sizes often don't align to sketch sizes or standard - so your files won't fit right (especially desktop) into the set sizes sometimes. Finally, I think Invision is great for quick prototypes - but if you need to show any true transition or motion, InVision is not the best prototyping tool for that (framer, axure, after effects, etc.) - hard to get smooth animation of any kind in InVision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using InVision for teams who need quick prototyping, as well as those who don't have strong coding experience. Some other prototyping tools require coding knowledge and more technical skills. InVision is very friendly to use for whole teams.

Ability to quickly prototype and show teammates user flows and interact with mockups so that we can continue iterating quickly. It has been especially helpful showing members who are not on the design team, so that they can get a very similar visual of what the website or app will look like and how our customers will interact with it.

InVision review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

InVision is a great tool for sharing your designs with clients, management, and developers. It facilitates the rapid prototyping and design iteration.

What do you dislike?

InVision does not have a good solution for responsive web design. Currently InVision forces designers to create different projects in order to address the various viewports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download and learn to use Craft by InVision. Prototyping with Craft has been incredibly helpful and much faster than setting up hot spots on the web app. The library feature is also incredible for creating, reusing, and importing graphic assets to a project. The typography section of craft isn't as robust and is not as helpful.

I have used InVision to design web and mobile apps. InVision is a great tool to get revisions and sign off from clients.

InVision review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Easy for multiple users"

What do you like best?

Like that many people can comment, view and see ongoing projects. Its very helpful for people who work remotely to view projects, as well as for graphic design projects that have a lot of rounds of edits with multiple players. Setting up an account is very easy for any user. Also very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Simple thing, but I find the program rather clunky when using the commenting feature. It makes it difficult to navigate through many pages and is glitchy when saving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to project manage and include many stakeholders.

It is very helpful for our editorial and graphic design pieces for conferences and meetings. It allows many stakeholders to view artwork without sending tons of versions back and forth in email and having gigantic pdf files to manage. Depending on your style you can make edits via drawing and marking up and or making text comments.

InVision review by User in Higher Education

"Invision is a great tool for designers who don't know how to code, but want to show interaction"

What do you like best?

It's a rapidly evolving tool, which is great. New features, animations, and capabilities are always being added. It's a great tool to use when you don't have time to code something, but want to show your audience or stake holder how you want a certain element to behave. It's very easy to upload files, and even has a plugin for sketch so you can send artboards right to invision with the click of a button. A great tool to use for user testing too, especially in the early stages of web design.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint would be a lack of animations. It would be nice to have more capabilities in that area. As it is now, you're limited in fades and interactions with certain areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that gives designers and anyone else the ability to make interactive mocks and projects without the worry of knowing code/animation. It's a great tool that allows a user to experience a project through interacting with it instead of just looking at static mocks.

I've used it a lot for user testing in the early stages of web design projects, which has been very useful. Sometimes, UI/UX issues arise too far down the line and it's a scramble with design/development to find a viable option before launch, but with invision, a lot of the time, we can not uncover any of those issues that might arise and solve them early so we're not scrambling with a UI/UX issue at the end of the project.

InVision review by Jill G.
Jill G.

"Excellent web design prototyping software"

What do you like best?

Whether you design mobile apps, responsive web pages, or detailed graphics, InVision allows you to collaborate with your teammates and show your clients prototypes in a professional environment. Now InVision has a plugin for Photoshop and Sketch to make your work easier.

What do you dislike?

The monthly subscription cost is high, if you do not do a lot of prototyping. However, the out of pocket cost may be small if you consider the cost of developing your own automated prototypes or the effort involved with other prototyping methods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial and then decide which license level you need.Try the Photoshop or Sketch plugin to see how this saves you time and effort. Load your project and spend a few minutes getting to learn the app.

I developed a responsive website for a client and used InVision to show the client how the website will look on a smartphone. I could do the same with different types of prototypes. InVision allows you to create hotspots, letting you tap buttons as if you were using a fully-developed app. You can build the application flow right into the prototype.

InVision review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I am an Invision user, using primarily to review and comment on comps and concepts"

What do you like best?

I like the web-based features and the ability to share review links and make comments within the tool. The other options to review using the Inspect tool are also very helpful

What do you dislike?

I would like more of a library or Favorites view to see all past projects in one place, tied to a user ID. I have a hard time finding Historical projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the trial period to see if it works for your team. We have a small team that uses for digital design but we are finding ways to expand this for other users in our organization with more of a traditional background. It works well for outside reviewers as well, including clients, account directors, etc. The ease of use in making comments in the tool and tracking iterations is very helpful and allows for a better display vs. digital pieces, which often require printing, even though the designs are not intended for print.

Collaboration for creative design review. We've been able to streamline this process, especially for digital creative we are designing.

Learning about InVision?

* We monitor all InVision reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.