InVision

Learning about InVision?

InVision Reviews

Ask InVision a Question
Showing 549 InVision reviews
InVision review by Ansell L.
Ansell L.

"Invision Review"

What do you like best?

Invision is one of the best software for sharing and making prototypes, it is so easy to use and understand for any novice, the prototypes are also interactive which is more exciting for the clients to see. They also have feature for user testing and collecting information after the design is all ready this is specially very good as you do not need to use another software again for testing.

Invision also has an option to make mood boards which is also helpful for showing to clients all in one place and it also supports GIFs.

Invision has also come up with InVision studio which is such a wonderful product on its own. There is soo much scope with invision studio, it is better than all the other designing software as one can also animate and prototype within. The best part is that it is FREE, who does not love FREE products.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much that i dislike in Invision as i regularly use it and love it. I think maybe a few things which can be added as another product is maybe project management although they already have task management but project management will help alot.

I think they should start prototypes for AR/VR and MR too as these are the new medias. This will help them to capture the future market too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InVision is a wonderfull product especially if you are a ui/ux designer or product designer. It is a must needed as it has all the feature for you once your design is ready, from prototyping to commenting, task allotment, user testing, mood boards, a mobile version (in which the prototype can be sent to the desired client through SMS also), smart watch prototyping.

It also has a learning section to learn form the greatest of companies about their process and how they scaled up their design teams. Recently InVision has also launched Invision Studio and Design System Manager which is one of the biggest game changers in the industry.

I think nothing can stop invision from success now.

Invision helps me to design better products with immediate feedback from clients through the comments sections and also user testing with their additional feature of user testing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about InVision
InVision review by Daniel P.
Daniel P.

"Do you want real apps? Start with InVision."

What do you like best?

The prototypes that I have been able to do in InVision are fantastic, at this moment I have the availability to access them from any device, whenever it is necessary. InVision goes beyond a model, creates a real interaction between a possible client or user and the application.

Through the configurations we can block screens for a certain user role, it is fantastic because it perfectly emulates a web behavior and we love it. Having control over access levels makes InVision always the main choice for today's mobile and web 3.0 applications.

What do you dislike?

On the InVision board there is a prototype mode, which allows modifications to the web or mobile design that is desired. Being in prototype mode does not allow me to move from one screen to another, which generates great inconvenience because you want the modifications to be made between screens.

I have to devise a way to remember the previous screens with respect to the new modification, it is a cumbersome process, but it is the only one that allows me to advance in the projects.

The loading and unloading process of .Sketch or .PSD is extremely slow. It is required to do it in a moment of complete speed of internet, more when there are intermediate images (there are usually many).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The benefit is directly applied to the performance in the development of the designs and prototypes of future applications of high interaction with the user. The demand has led us to use this program directly and we are delighted. I recommend its use, whenever the project merits a deep interaction, otherwise, you can use basic tools. InVision is for superheroes.

The feeling of satisfaction observed by the customer is undoubtedly something special for the company, all the prototypes and designs made have the particularity of including many interactions and customers are really impressed.

For us it is a pleasure to have a tool of this type that will help us in this design process beyond a model.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

InVision review by Avril G.
Avril G.

"A great software with many incredible functions"

What do you like best?

InVision is multifunctional, it allows me to do more things than I can mention, I can design, build a prototype, share everything I want, try designs and develop all the business potential with the designs of our presentation to the world. I can achieve my job of finding new ways and ways to achieve a perfectly representative image of our product and InVision has everything to be able to achieve it.

What do you dislike?

The software can be generally a bit complex to use, the interface has cost me a bit to understand it completely. I need to integrate other applications to work properly, and in doing everything becomes extremely slow and heavy, I would like that problem to be solved because the use of InVision is really important for the work I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool you will see, powerful and looking to allow you to create designs to achieve an image suitable for your company, the quality product you need to try is InVision. It has everything that a truly complete software needs, try to use it and you will see that it meets what I mention at face value. 100% recommended.

InVision has allowed us to achieve a fresh and new image of what we really offer in the market. It is an effective tool that has given me the possibility of obtaining, through various designs and thanks to which I can share them, a much greater scope and thus reach many potential and active clients. In an authentic way, it has enabled us to creatively create, administer and design our image to the world.

InVision review by Carlos P.
Carlos P.

"InVision es una herramienta indispensable en el diseño y prototipado de software."

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de InVision es que permite una interacción muy fluida de los integrantes de las diferentes áreas (desarrollo, diseño, calidad, gerencia) que están involucrados en el proyecto.

Los puntos fuertes que considero que posee son, el manejo de prototipos, la simulación de la navegación requerida, la interacción por comentarios y el historial de cambios.

Por otro lado es una aplicación de usabilidad muy intuitiva para cualquier perfil (técnico o no) que requiera interactuar con ella.

En general una gestión integral del proyecto que la hace una herramienta excepcional en indispensable para cualquier empresa que desarrolle software.

What do you dislike?

Hemos tenido ciertos problemas con la sincronización cuando hay varias personas haciendo cambios. En especifico cambios que no se han subido y que ocasiona que se continúe trabajando en diseños viejos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitivamente es una herramienta muy fácil de usar y que integra la solución a las necesidades que se presentan en el prototipado de software. La gestión que permite del proyecto la hace en mi opinión la herramienta líder en el mercado actual.

Mantener un solo diseño del proyecto o prototipo de software, con visibilidad controlada para todas las personas involucradas.

El beneficio es tener el proceso complejo del diseño bien encauzado manteniendo la visibilidad durante su desarrollo, con lo cual se consigue una gestión eficiente de esta parte de los proyectos.

InVision review by Elizabeth D.
Elizabeth D.

"Great Prototyping Tool"

What do you like best?

Invision does a great job of giving users a lot of options for flexibility to create great prototypes. The design is very intuitive and I can build anything that I can think of! I have not encountered a design that I haven't been able to build yet. The integration with Sketch makes my workflow much easier to keep the prototypes and wireframes updated.

What do you dislike?

It's not so much that I dislike invision, just a plugin that they created for Invision - Craft. It is a great plugin when building wireframes and prototypes in Sketch, but the syncing has some issues. Sometimes it doesn't sync and gives me an error, but it doesn't give a reason, just "something went wrong." When errors are vague it makes troubleshooting really difficult and frustrating, but I'm hoping all of these issues will be fixed with the release of Invision Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great, I love it and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a solution to prototyping! It has a low learning curve and the ability to create amazing products can come naturally to any designer!

I use Invision for creating interactive prototypes and wireframes for products that I build for clients. It allows me to create animations and interactions that I cannot achieve for a static prototype. Because it is so easy to use, there is more free time for me to user test and develop the product instead of getting stuck in the details.

InVision review by Kaytlin S.
Kaytlin S.

"The software that designs creatively"

What do you like best?

It is a very impressive software and it has all the necessary tools. InVision to be so easy to manipulate helps me to make much more creative designs. It shows a much more modern and fresh image to the company as well as helping to increase the potential of the business. Everything can be customized the way you want. The option of labeling is very good, as well as integrating other applications.

What do you dislike?

InVision is usually very slow. Almost always the option to integrate other applications has problems. It also has problems when loading very heavy files. The interface is somewhat complicated to manipulate too, which makes it very annoying. Customer support has been an incredible support and has helped me with any problem that presents, which gives me pleasant experiences and avoids any inconvenience whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is one of the best to share designs. InVision has a lot of power to increase the operation of your business. I recommend that, if you are loading very heavy files, load them manually. InVision is the best option to work from different commercial areas, definitely recommended.

Thanks to this software that gave me its tools, the image of my business is much better. Using this software you can create a variety of very creative designs. My clients now think that sharing prototypes is something much more interesting. The benefits have been many, integral InVision to our daily work, create, manage and organize designs based on a participatory work that has made each creation much easier.

InVision review by Patty H.
Patty H.

"Revolution in the design, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Design management software, is a network that allows you to share and exchange designs with other people, where you can comment and participate in an exchange of ideas and opinions, thus allowing to integrate all the team of joint work with clients so that, for half of previous designs, achieve an impressive image.

The fact of being able to personalize according to my tastes and criteria gives me a great work experience.

The integration of PhotoShop makes all the work much easier.

What do you dislike?

The interface in the beginning seemed quite old, it cost me to understand how to use it and so that each tool worked, however I took the habit and understood each of the functions that it offered me. It is really wonderful software and easy to use when you understand how to configure it and share all your design works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To obtain better results in the design formats, in the exchange of ideas and negotiations in your company, start using InVision and observe all the benefits that can bring to your professional life.

It has solved many problems with that has brought great benefits and solutions to various problems that we may have had some time.

- Less workload and more free time to devote to the development of our projects, thanks to systematization and interaction between work team and clients, now the design decisions take less time.

- Design management and organization in the quality of the same.

- Better business exchanges thanks to which we offer a better product.

InVision review by An M.
An M.
View Original

"Free premium prototyping tool, now with a great free studio version to make things."

What do you like best?

I love the hot spots and history of the viewers, I use the history portion to find out who on the team has viewed the project and when. I like knowing who has viewed my project, and who is commenting. I love that they have launched their own version of Sketch/Photoshop called Studio and I recently got the beta, it's amazing. Love that I can just open my old files right in the new program. I like the new darker back ground and the plug-in integration.

What do you dislike?

Not too many downsides to this program. When exporting links to end users, the page is slow to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work and the great meet and greets.I hope to see more plug-ins and integration with partners.

Sharing prototypes with people outside of my network is the best benefit. I don't have to worry about providing links to download software to interact with my prototype. Its all viable from a computer with an internet connection.

InVision review by Jishnu H.
Jishnu H.

"Good for prototyping "

What do you like best?

Presentation is everything in my field of work, no matter how great your UX/UI is, in the end, if the presentation isn't good, it's going to leave a bad impression. Invision does this job seamlessly by enabling gestures, helping the designer make the design feel like an MVP.

What do you dislike?

Invision sometimes tend to mess up the order of the files uploaded and rearranging it is quite a task especially if you have like 50-100 screens uploaded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invison is what you need if you want to churn out prototypes quickly. Plus Invision is coming up with various other exciting products, like Invision studio, which is all part of the package.

Quick feedback is essential to rapid prototyping. The commenting feature enables this. Makes it easier for clients to provide feedback on the spot without having to switch tabs.

InVision review by Meghan U.
Meghan U.

"Great for design collaboration"

What do you like best?

Ideal for sharing designs to get feedback from stakeholders. Easy to generate public sharing links. The commenting and tagging features are great. The interface for presenting designs is superior to most other sharing platforms. I have also yet to encounter a better alternative to generating clickable prototypes and hotspots. Invision also has great functionality for creating and sharing moodboards. The Invision Craft plugins for Sketch are very useful. Excited to see try out the additional tools coming out of the Invision ecosystem, including Studio and Design Systems Manager.

What do you dislike?

Syncing files from Sketch to Invision is often problematic and the tech takes a long time to sync. Invison Sync also frequently crashes or does not perform with large files or a large number of artboards. It's gotten to a problematic point where I mostly push updates in Zeplin.The interface is also sometimes buggy and slow, especially with drag and drop. I wish Sketch artboard names would also update with Invision sync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best software for sharing designs. InVision also has the greatest potential in streamlining the product design workflow with its suite of upcoming tools and wide range of existing design resources.

Invision allows the various product teams to collaborate on design ideas, catch UX holes, and create a better product.

InVision review by Destinity L.
Destinity L.

"Amazing tool for collaboration in design"

What do you like best?

It is a very complete software that considerably facilitates the work necessary to exchange designs effectively, where all customers and colleagues can participate and collaborate to put together an impressive design. It has great systematical functions that participate in an excellent way in the whole process of the public exchange. The Sketch integration method is very useful for me and the whole experience of being able to control and customize everything is very satisfactory.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not had a complicated enough problem in which the technical support has not contributed everything to help me solve any problem. I think everything works very well, with all the specific limitations from the beginning, which of course, I knew before I started using it. However, those things have not affected me. The software works perfectly for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend its use, it is essential after you start using it and discover how incredible it is. Try it in your office, see what InVision can offer for your life, your work and for all those around you.

I like that the benefits have been quite large, such as:

- Saving of time invested

- Workload relief

- Greater professionalism

- Growth and improvement in negotiations thanks to prototypes that we present to clients before sending the final product

- Better administration and management of the presented designs.

- Organization between work colleagues.

- Ease in business negotiations.

InVision review by Corina P.
Corina P.

"Easy to use software, essential."

What do you like best?

It is a fairly complete software. It allows you to develop the creative business potential, where you can make several destinations thanks to the rapid sharing function, where according to convenience you can customize, if you wish or not, enable comments or divide the design by sections. The development of business models impresses customers and gives me the ability to keep them up to date with business projects. Being able to integrate other important applications, whether Sketch or Photoshop have made it much easier to export my sketches and use them there, also with the files, I can take them directly from the application I use thanks to the integration system; this function reduces the effort of having to pass everything from one side to another.

What do you dislike?

It brings a bit of complications to the use of the integration function of other applications. Although I mentioned earlier that it is quite a big help because it relieves the work load, and makes things very easy, it has a small inconvenience, it does not allow to pass very heavy files, and this has turned out to be a big problem; because if I necessarily need to use a certain sketch, that does not allow me to transfer it to InVision, I have to download it, then upload it manually to use it. It is a total nuisance. Equally the interface can be a bit complicated to manage, sometimes it does not run well, it can be very slow sometimes with some specific functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to make a model, try, it offers the possibility to create incredible designs, providing fabulous tools. It really seems like a complete software and it adapts completely to what you are looking for, since it has basic functions that help any emergency design circumstance. It is easy to use and very useful in the office, I recommend it and, if you still do not use it, try to try it and see how big it can be.

I like the fact that it has allowed me to be able to develop online prototypes where I can share it with all the clients and work colleagues, in this way the design is created based on what they like or do not like; i don't have to be creating a design that ultimately does not like the customer, which would be a waste of time. Developing a prototype in InVision gives the opportunity to adjust, edit and create designs quickly and efficiently; all without investing much time, effort or money.

InVision review by Lindsey G.
Lindsey G.

"Easy to Use - Great for Clients as Well"

What do you like best?

I love how it connects with the programs I use directly so I can always keep my prototype up to date. It also has easy functionality for creating the interactions once you are in InVision. I also love the flexibility of being able to only show certain screens, create sections in a project, and enable and disable comments depending on what project you're in. There are times and places for all of these - and having those controls is great.

What do you dislike?

That I can't switch from screen to screen while in prototype mode. When I'm building out my hotspots it's a major inconvenience to go back to a different view to pick a new screen to start building out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Sketch or Photoshop there is a direct plugin to upload your artwork to a project. The sync process is a little lengthy if you have a large file - so sometimes it is easier to just export JPGs and upload them manually. It all depends on what part of the process you're in, and how quickly you need to move on from that stage.

It is a great way to take a static mock up of a design and bring it to life for a client to give them a sense of functionality without actually having to get into code or getting a developer to build out a prototype.

The biggest benefit to this is that It eliminates a lot of potential time wasted building out a design that a client may or may not like. It gives the opportunity for adjustments pre-build and that is essential.

InVision review by Samuel S.
Samuel S.

"A swiss army knife for MVPs"

What do you like best?

Its integration with Sketch makes this tool super invaluable. It's dev inspector makes designing for devs no effort at all on both sides. The sharing features and the prototyping capabilities are super useful to impress any client.

What do you dislike?

I think the organization is a bit off. With even a small project the ui of the website starts to become pretty overwhelming and unwieldy. The Sketch upload integration can be buggy and cause quite a bit of frustration. These things have actually made me seek other tools, but there just aren't perfect tools out there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Marvel first. I like that tool better, but my company already has a license with Invision.

Prototyping, dev specs, project sharing. It does these things really well. It makes prototypes look and act like real websites and apps. Clients have been totally blows away in presentations. More than that, it acts as an excellent research tool, letting users click through flows and giving us a great tool to observe their instincts.

InVision review by Chuck L.
Chuck L.

"Reliable, fast, and easy to use, but getting complicated"

What do you like best?

Invision is easy not only for designers to use, but anyone not really in design. The interface is pretty easy to figure out for the basics, but if you want to do anything more complex, it's getting pretty complicated.

What do you dislike?

I'm getting a bit concerned that InVision is trying to do EVERYTHING in the space and the offerings are making the core experience a bit more confusing than it has to be.

The prototypes are best meant for static interaction for now so I wouldn't use this for motion prototypes yet. You might be better off building that yourself in another app or building your own from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you need something flexible to work across not only your Design team but other parts of the organization, InVision is an easy choice because it's user friendly from the sharing perspective. The user perspective is relatively easy to use, and it supports multiple sizes for screens.

Just be aware that InVision is best for relatively simple static prototypes and anything with motion is not supported well yet.

Sharing prototypes both internally and externally have proven immensely useful. The password protection on entire prototypes or individual screens are useful for limiting the exposure of certain parts of the prototypes to only relevant areas that a stakeholder has to see without you having to setup a separate project.

InVision review by Karmon F.
Karmon F.

"Makes itself Indispensable "

What do you like best?

Quick-prototyping UX flows/presentation.

What do you dislike?

Like I mentioned in the title of this review, it makes itself indispensable, but having said that, I do have some qualms. The craft plugin will crash Sketch if I try to use real data other than the names feature, the comments and conversation UI leaves much to be desired—it's clunky, and feels like there wasn't much testing done in a real-use scenario.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InVision is an indispensable tool. I like that you're allowed one prototype for free—so if you're like me, and don't have enough freelance work coming in to pay the 13.00 a month for the lowest paid tier, you have to be creative and careful with prototype turnover. The tradeout here, over competitors, such as Marvel is that while Marvel allows for more than one prototype, but all new prototypes disallow commenting which is kind of useless. Another thing to think about is transitions and animations. While not exportable on an engineering level, you can insert some pretty advanced overlays and transitions to illustrate more than static screens—something Marvel doesn't feature.

Another underused feature is the inspector. While most people hand over a Sketch file, or upload a file to Zeplin, InVision already has a lot of those features built in—they're just somewhat hidden. It even creates a repository for assets such as .svg and .png layers. Overall it's a great tool, especially given all of the work they're doing on their newer features and the future of product design, as a whole.

I use InVision every day. I like that I can hook it directly up to Sketch via the Craft plugin, and it's really useful for quick prototyping; ruling out UX flows/finding problems we might not have discovered, before. It's pretty widely used, so I can send it to clients and they have either already used it, or can quickly onboard themselves just by following a share link, and following tour points.

InVision review by Susan R.
Susan R.

"The industry standard"

What do you like best?

Simple on boarding and easy for the beginner prototyper. Nice how it synchs with Sketch. Still, has all the bells and whistles that an advanced designer wants. Good simple transitions, lots of nice templates.

What do you dislike?

Would like more flexibility to show micro interactions. Better and easier animations--would like to see some micro animations that are drag and drop to make the whole process faster.. Simpler templates. Sometimes the user flow is confusing and hard to find your way back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the industry standard (at this point) so learn to use it.

Great for explaining UI/UX to the Product team and stakeholders. It’s almost impossible today to conduct design reviews without prototyping since interfaces are so dynamic.

It’s also fantastic for usability testing since users get to see what seems like a functional application and yet changes are relatively simple to implement and test again.

InVision review by Chelsey S.
Chelsey S.

"New Website Experience Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love that InvisionApp is so easy to use and creates a really seamless experience for a new website design. We use this product as we are re-branding and re-creating our entire website and it helps showcase the direction we are going in so that people can see and understand. This is one of the best (if not #1) prototyping tools out there. I love that though specifically for design, this tool allows multi-departmental understanding of a certain project and gives project managers, designers, coders, etc. the ability to conceptualize and experience the project as it takes shape.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have one! Since there are so many capabilities within this platform, it can be a bit overwhelming. The help center is great and I've been successful using that outlet but I wish there were more (or maybe easier to find....) help videos for "big topics".

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend InVision enough. There is a reason major companies choose this software -- they are the best! Give it a try; it's free and you're guaranteed to love it!

Redesigning an almost 15-year old website with old graphics, coding, UX, etc. has been exceedingly challenging, especially when trying to communicate design interwoven with usage. With Invision, we get to show real-time prototypes of our new website direction and also allow for collaboration. This tool has benefited our company by allowing the designers an outlet to describe what they are doing and have impactful collaboration.

InVision review by Samantha G.
Samantha G.

"My Invision Experience"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the user interface is. I also like that you can upload a Photoshop file to your prototypes and update the screens automatically when you save in Photoshop. It is super simple to share a working screen with viewers with a link or the app. It is very easy to drag and drop screens as well as re order them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes you are required to make a new link when you want to share the most recent prototype edits. I also wish that there was a way to edit the text on a prototype within the Invision platform. I also wish there was a way to export the screen flow into a video or PDF in case the internet isn't working or the files are deleted somehow.

When building a new website and communicating with the developers at one of my clients workplaces, it was very helpful to have Invision to explain how I wanted the new website to flow. From the screen movements to the click actions. It would have been harder and taken longer for me to animate screens or write the actions in words for them.

InVision review by Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.

"Ideal prototyping tool with other great features"

What do you like best?

InVision is constantly pushing the limit on the features that it releases. They started off with having the best prototyping tool and have followed that by boosting the capabilities and creating add-ons like Craft. They have a great option for creating boards (I tend to use these as a way to show my CEO mood boards as well as to create a living updated style guide). The comments section is phenomenal because it allows my developers, copy writers and product managers to leave me notes about items that need to change in the designs. I haven't used Freehand but it's supposed to be an interactive way to take notes right on the artboard with the use of a stylus and tablet or iPad.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations in terms of interaction but a lot of the time there are work-arounds. The best way to become familiar with these work-arounds is watching youtube videos and reading their blog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support from InVision far surpasses my expectations. They have a chat box on the bottom of the page with technicians that quickly understand my needs and provide me with a solution or a link to relevant information.

There are various pricing options for this product. You can start with a free account but if you're a large company, the Enterprise account is absolutely the way to go.

I am able to send out mockups and interactions to key stakeholders at my company. InVision has also allowed me to give my offsite development team HTML and CSS styling as well as the ability to hand off elements like imagery and icons.

InVision review by Julieanne M.
Julieanne M.

"Overwhelming, but very easy to learn."

What do you like best?

The best things about invision is the ease of use when collaborating with a team, and the fact that it's web based. Another great pro is that it allows you to import artwork from other apps easily, like photoshop and sketch. Being able to have this easy import accessibility helps the flow and speed of the production process on all of my projects. It also seems that they keep integrating different apps to work within their system, which is great.

What do you dislike?

This is not really a dislike, but I just feel that there is so much you can do on here, which can make it feel a little overwhelming. In a good way! There's just a lot to learn when it comes to all the features this program has. Other than that, I haven't found anything else that I have disliked about this program. Keep up the good work, inVision!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great investment when you work with large teams, for collaboration. As well as speeding up the production process.

Collaboration between other creatives and clients have been great. It defiantly speeds up the progress for feedback, which has increased my production time for all of my projects.

Live feedback is also useful. When you are unable to meet with a client, live feedback is the perfect way to collaborate and make changes on the spot when needed. This feature is definitely a blessing when it comes to saving time and wasted hours of waiting for verbal feedback.

InVision review by Sara W.
Sara W.

"Helps to literally "envision" projects before they're created."

What do you like best?

I really like that you can add comments directly on something and respond to others' comments. The basis of InVision is also a cool idea. I'm glad it exists.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the comments I add don't save. They look like they save, but occasionally they will have disappeared later. (And not because they were resolved). Also, I hate that if you click into one project and exit out of it, you end up at the top of the page again instead of in the same spot of the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the need to send a client a project before building it, InVision will definitely help. It saves us time from getting all edits out of the way at the design level of projects.

We are able to mock up projects to see how they would look when they are built. Helps us mostly with designing websites, emails, and social ads.

InVision review by Joanne K.
Joanne K.

"Great for prototyping your websites and apps"

What do you like best?

The ability to make interactive prototypes with the InVision's built-in tools, the entire commenting system (it's easy to comment, view comments, and resolve), the plugins with Photoshop and Sketch that makes it easy to upload screens to InVision, InVision inspect that allows developers to review design specs

What do you dislike?

There are some minor user experience issues - for example, it takes a few clicks to copy a URL of a specific screen to share with a co-worker. Switching between organizations is not intuitive and many of my team members were confused at first. I also found some syncing issues when using the Sketch plugin. Sometimes the screens didn't update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

InVision was critical to my team's design process. InVision made sharing and reviewing designs very easy. Although there were some minor user experience issues, they didn't stop us from using it. When I reached out to the customer service department for some of these issues, they were quick to reply and appreciative.

It's really nice for designers to be able to create interactive prototypes and share with developers and product managers. It's a quick and easy way to test the proof of concept and deliver the final designs to developers.

InVision review by Claire M.
Claire M.

"Es ist kostenlos und hilfreich."

What do you like best?

Mir gefällt, dass diese Software alles hat, um Prototypen für jedes Gerät zu testen. Wir können es so leicht mit unseren Mitarbeitern und anderen Mitgliedern teilen. Mit den einfachen Funktionen können Kunden entscheiden, ob es gut ist oder nicht. Wir können so leicht Feedback bekommen.

Ich mag es auch, dass wir Dokumente von anderen Webseiten ziehen und einfach dort einfügen können. Diese Eigenschaft ist erstaunlich.

What do you dislike?

Ich denke, am Anfang ist ein wenig verwirrend und wir mussten den Kundendienst kontaktieren.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde das jedem empfehlen, denn zuerst: es ist kostenlos. Und zweitens hilft Ihnen das, das richtige Design und die richtigen Ideen zu bekommen.

Ich benutze InVision für das Prototyping und teile meine Projekte mit anderen Leuten. Es ist ein großartiges Werkzeug, da es kostenlos ist und alles schnell macht.

InVision review by Barbara C.
Barbara C.

"Amazing tool! Makes us look good before our clients!"

What do you like best?

I really love the interface. It's extremely user friendly but I absolutely love what the app can do by allowing us to share layouts and get feedback from clients in a very easy way. We use to share jpegs by email and not only they were heavy but clients didn't really have a good understanding of what some represented and how they would be used. InvisionApp allows us to connect layouts and make them interactive before we write one line of code.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say I dislike anything. If there is one thing I'd say can be improved is the options for layouts in the boards (it's hard to control the size of the items depending on what layout we choose).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it! It's amazing how this app has saved us hours of time and we started using it right away, no learning curve or long setups. It is a very intuitive app and even clients don't have difficulties using it. In fact, some are fascinated by it and have mentioned how more professional we are compared to their previous agency just by how we present our layouts.

Design feedback from clients and InvisionApp has saved us hours in back and forth plus hours in revisions, because now we can show something more interactive that is easier for the client to understand.

Also, we use boards a lot. We use Invision to create mood boards as well as create brand boards for clients and they love it! It really makes us look good!!

InVision review by Deacon A.
Deacon A.

"Very easy, quick prototyping tool!"

What do you like best?

It's so incredibly easy to use, and they've added a lot of helpful features over time (overlays, fixed header/footer/ etc). When used with Sketch or Photoshop, you can sync your files/assets with InVision so that your prototype stays up to date as your source file changes.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in realistic form prototyping (text areas/etc). It would be nice to be able to utilize realistic text areas for user testing purposes. Another benefit that is currently missing is a fixed sidebar. It would be nice to be able to take a small png and drag/drop that onto the current screen for quick reference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even just for the free trial- consider giving InVision a shot! It's a very fast/easy prototyping tool.

Quick prototyping and user testing. We've been able to test business ideas with high-fidelity prototypes by uploading images and/or source files and easily setting up hotspots for user testing. This has allowed us to quickly iterate on user feedback and make big changes to business ideas that have saved clients thousands of dollars.

InVision review by Shahrooz F.
Shahrooz F.

"A "nearly perfect" prototyping tool "

What do you like best?

InVision is purely designed based on a "designer mindset" and this makes the platform very easy to use for other designers. It gives the basics of UI and UX design to create a prototype fast and easy.

You are at the peak of the learning curve from the beginning with its simple yet professional User Interface and great User Experience. Another feature I like is "Fixed footer" and "Fixed header" sections which are very useful in designing the prototype.

Collaboration

Another great feature of InVision is Craft plugin which can be installed on Photoshop and Sketch to sync the design with the service directly from the desktop. Amazing!

What do you dislike?

Actually, there is nothing that I dislike in InVision except limitations on free accounts which obviously are needed for the business purposes! So, no complaint about that! But, the pricing is not convenient for everyone and I categorize it as an expensive online service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free for your first project, so try it with no hesitation! You will enjoy working with it.

InVision made Interactive prototyping very easy. Its "LiveShare" feature is very handy for presenting the prototype to clients or other team members. It has great tools for team collaborations like Group sketch over the design or on a virtual whiteboard, Toll-free conference call, etc.

Also, downloading the prototype is another great benefit of InVision which allows you to host your prototype on your own server.

InVision review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The best prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

I love that it can easily be synced through Sketch! Craft Manager is great. Another plus is that they now have another tool that is just like Sketch, called Studio. It's all in one! I also love that you can edit headers and footers, it makes it feel like you can scroll on a real life phone and have what you need stay in place. It's also great that if you select iPhone, then the designs show up right on an actual iPhone! Other great features are the ability to have a timer on, so then pop ups can dissolve in and out.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Craft/InVision doesn't always update correctly. Another problem is that there might be some animation flaws when you click through the flow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn every single feature that you can. The ability to have a timer, make headers, comment, share with others, makes wonders!

With InVision, I am able to solve the disconnect between product managers, developers, and designers. Both product managers and developers need to see how to the user experience works, so with this, designers are able to showcase the work. For all the projects I have worked on, I use InVision to show to others.

InVision review by Pragati S.
Pragati S.

"The best software to review projects"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is that it makes projects more appealing. Also it is extremely simple to use and upload files. You can simply drag and drop to upload a file into a project. Also this software is prompt and fast loading.

What do you dislike?

When you drag and drop some files into invison, it sometimes rearranges everything automatically. Also there is no undo option to undo a change. Also there has to be more shortcuts for fluidity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone working in the design industry. It makes your work more presentable and less cluttered. Also anyone can use it and it does not require any special skills to use it.

Its makes work more presentable and professional. Its is easy to send project link to clients for review. Also you can view your project in various screen size like mobile or desktop making it more appealing and efficient.

InVision review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"extremely useful and serves needs"

What do you like best?

Web based tool

Zero learning curve, really easy to use

Lightning fast prototypes

Amazing support team

Free (just for 1 prototype though)

Ease of prototype building. It is great to be able to quickly show stakeholders how a series of screens function together rather than relying solely on flat images.

Shared links and comments. Invision allows team members and stakeholders to collaborate no matter the location or time zone.

Freehand sketching is a powerful tool that allows real-time collaboration across multiple locations.

1). Good support system on collecting feedback.

2). Clean interface for real-time sharing and commenting on prototypes

3). Intuitive web display of prototypes.

4). Version history available.

5). Easily to mark screens.

What do you dislike?

Hotspot based prototypes, again, they are kinda boring

No fancy animations or transitions

Invision is great for linear prototyping. When it comes to more complicated needs, Invision becomes less valuable.

Invision's pricing model can become expensive quickly - beware of having too many reviewers.

Limited customer support services.

2). No responsive features.

3). Nonsupport for wireframe creation or elements modification, only suitable for ready-made designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

invision has served my purposes well. it could use some clean up and increased functionality, but it's definitely heading in the right direction. keep up the good work.

I solve a lot of business problems with InVision. I solve problems for clients by presenting them with real world examples of how their sites of applications may look and function.

InVision review by Jovan M.
Jovan M.

"Great tool for creative collaboration"

What do you like best?

You can use Invision for almost everything that is related to collaboration with designers, web designers, illustrators, creative agencies and many other.

Tool is very simple to use, integrations works well, and other people don't have problem to accept collaboration in this tool. I like their onboarding process is very good and well organized. With this onboarding you will not have a problem with long learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Missing some basic features in projects such as filters, subtasks etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in website redesign process and works with external creative agency, this software will solves you many problems in collaboration. Just go ahead.

Simplified and accelerated collaboration between non designers and designers.

InVision review by D Hendrik M.
D Hendrik M.

"Best prototyping app I ever used."

What do you like best?

Who doesn't know InVIsion app? it's the best app for UI designer to collect app feedback, brainstorming, create a rough idea. inVision create a plugin in called Craft for both apps (Sketch and Adobe Photoshop) to make designer easily when upload design to inVision plus they also add some feature such as, name, address, article generator, generate images

What do you dislike?

One thing, I don't like from inVision , it was subscription price a bit expensive for Asian designer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great app prototyping tool, support many design tools such as sketch and photoshop also has inVision Studio. Has a great plugin called craft.

Yeah, of course. the inVision resolve the gap between client and designer when collecting a feedback and know the flow and interaction.

InVision review by Julie T.
Julie T.

"Invision Review"

What do you like best?

I upload the designs to the website for easy design reviews, to prototype it in the browser and for the devs to use inspect for easy front end questions. Inspect really changed the game for us!

What do you dislike?

The prototyping tools are hard to use and if you are constantly changing the art boards (as I am) then you are breaking all your clickable elements all the time. So i never make anything clickable, which suck becasue that would be so great. If I was working with clients and not an internal team this would be a dealbreaker for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't invest in the craft features becasue they break and change to often.

We are a start up making a tech product. We use invision for all our designs and every version we have ever made. I really like using invision on mobile, gives you a really good sense of how the app is going to feel.

InVision review by Jim Y.
Jim Y.

"Hard to remember how I even worked before Invision"

What do you like best?

It's honestly hard to remember how we used to do digital work before we used Invision. At first, it changed just the way we presented final designs to clients. Then, it became the core way we test wireframes and designs during user testing. I'm very impressed by constant iterative improvement to the core product, screen design prototypes, as well as amazing newer features such as Inspect, which has recently revolutionised our development handovers.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, very little at all. My only (hopefully irrational) dislike isn't really a dislike — it's a fear that Invision will be bought by Adobe and absorbed into their software meat grinder in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop looking. This is it.

Showing clients websites and apps in a realistic fashion — on a big screen for presentation, or on mobile devices for testing. Before Invision, websites were often shown to clients in unrealistic PDF or Powerpoint presentations — nothing was scaled correctly and they certainly weren't interactive. This means that clients have a better understanding of the designs early in the project, and are less likely to brief in last minute changes late in development.

InVision review by Utkarsh S.
Utkarsh S.

"Boost your presentations"

What do you like best?

The option to view your project in different screens and it is super easy to use. You can upload multiple files by simply dragging it to your project. You can also replace and rearrange a screen with another by dragging it.

What do you dislike?

There is no undo option when you make any changes to your project. Sometimes when you upload multiple screens, it shuffles everything and you cannot reverse the changes you made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Invision will enhance your presentations and reviews. It is not only easier to use but also gives a different dimension to your reviews by providing option to view in mobile or desktop.

Presenting my work to my team and sharing it with clients. Its easy to upload your work and you can just share a link with the clients and they do not require to install any software.

InVision review by Guadalupe B.
Guadalupe B.

"Make your business image more creative"

What do you like best?

From my point of view it is a wonderful software, which provides the necessary tools for the development of a good business image. All the designs I've done with InVision are very creative thanks to the easy way to manipulate this software. It makes the image of my company much more modern and beautiful, while increasing the potential of my company. Everything I can customize it by my way. I also find the option of labeling very good, as well as adding other applications.

What do you dislike?

InVision most of the time is usually very slow. As well as most of the time the option to add other applications has problems. Another problem is that it can not load very heavy files. It is also a little annoying its design because it makes it a little difficult to manipulate.

Using this software the image of my company improved a lot. Through this software you can create a lot of very creative prototypes for your business. Now it seems to my clients that sharing logos is fun and entertaining.

InVision review by Kirsty M.
Kirsty M.

"Great for team collaboration"

What do you like best?

Able to share links of current mockups easily to anyone. Commenting is simple. The minimal amount of prototyping tools are useful. Ability to export assets through inspect is great between designer and developer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's buggy and slow. Things take a while to load, easy to accidentally click things and you have to wait for it load and back out. More prototyping tools would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to collaborate with people. Highly recommended to people in the design field for web and mobile mockups.

Design work collaboration, being able to see what others are working on and to get feedback on your own projects. Be able to see what was done in the past at a glance.

InVision review by S M V.
S M V.

"An interesting tool for designers "

What do you like best?

1.Easy prototype creation from any images. I sometimes scan my rough paper prototypes and give links to each of them. I helps in sharing the file to my team.

2. It is very user friendly. Even a non designer can easily use this to give his/her idea.

3. Getting collaborative feedback becomes very easy.

What do you dislike?

If there are lot of pages in the prototypes, scrolling down the menu to link pages every time becomes a bit tedious work. Probably the invision team should consider a minor change in the design. Thereby they can take the focus directly to the working page in listed in the menu, so the navigation inside the menu becomes better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Designers should try this and understand the advantages over other products. It may suit your style of working.

I can easily share my ideas as prototype to my team and get an instant feedback. It quickens the whole process to a great extent and so I can release any new product features very faster. Quicker releases helps in good business and also helps in correcting mistakes quickly.

InVision review by User

"Use it every day and love it!"

What do you like best?

It's compatibility with sketch is unbelievably useful! Sketch is becoming the new industry standard for Web design over Photoshop. You can build prototypes right from Sketch and export easily. Also, the review and iteration process is relatively seamless with commenting and sharing functionality. ALSO, there are tools for developers so they can easily build your mockups (look up hex values, spacing, font sizes, etc).

What do you dislike?

There are some limits to the functionality that come up every once in a while. Sharing can be a little sticky (different versions floating around, weird accessibility issues). You cannot do mobile animations via the Craft plugin (which is the thing that allows you to seamlessly create prototypes in Sketch). It's also frustrating that you cannot do both a mobile and a desktop prototype within the same project. The upside is that InVision is constantly making improvements and updates to their product (I just have to make sure not to be too lazy to learn them).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a heavy Sketch user, it's a no-brainer.

Prototyping/ peer review/ stakeholder review/ developer build have all been simplified with this tool. The most life changing thing for me has been the streamlined review process (we were using email/Jira and commenting on static JPGS within threads before. Yikes). As a designer, it's amazingly useful to send out a link to a prototype/mockup for review, but still have the ability to make small edits (if, say, I noticed a typo but have already sent out an email).

InVision review by Dave P.
Dave P.

"Amazing mock up generator for showing clients examples of softwares"

What do you like best?

The ability to create clickable hot spots on your UI to transition. Easily share your project via text to show a mock up of your app. Transitions and animation effects when you click on a hot spot.

What do you dislike?

There is a lack in the ability to customize the actions that happen when you click on a hot spot. There's time I want a custom action to happen but the reactions to clicks is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out all the different ways to create hot spots and interactions between the different views early on as that's mainly how you'll use it.

Ability to quickly mock up UI designs, whether it's a desktop or mobile app, and share it with a client or colleague and have them interact with it as if it was already built.

InVision review by User in Computer Software

"Buggy, Slow, and support doesn't care. "

What do you like best?

I like that the application helps the prototype and collaboration process with my design team, but this is not unique to InVision. Every one of their competitors does this.

What do you dislike?

1. Buggy, buggy, buggy. Found several bugs the first week. Still fighting with support on other bugs submitted months ago. I don't even report bugs anymore to them since they do not care.

2. Support is slow and not caring. There's always an excuse why something isn't getting fixed.

3. Interface is cumbersome. For a company that is all about UI/UX, their interface is very clunky. They try to be innovative with how it is designed but didn't seem to worry about the usability of their application.

4. Interface is slow. I am on a Dell Precision with Xeon processor, 128GB RAM, 16GB NVidia graphics, and M.2 NVMe SSD. The hotspots take time to load in the prototype, when switching to another page there is lag between when the previous screen's hotspots disappear and the new screen's hotspots appear, so you cannot quickly navigate.

5. When viewing a prototype from a social share link, there's no way to switch to edit the prototype even though you are logged in with an account that has access to do so. You have to close the social share and then try to find the screen. If I'm visiting a share linked and I am the owner of the prototype, why can't I simple switch to the "build" interface of the prototype?

6. There's no way to share a prototype screen that has a screen overlay. You're in preview mode, click on a link which displays a screen overlay (such as a popup) then you click the share button. When you visit the share link, and overlays that were opened when you tried to share are closed.

7. When building a hotspot, you can use a quick search to find a screen to link the hotspot to, but if you select "Screen as Overlay" then there is no longer a quick search to select the screen for overlay, requiring you to use the clunky "browse" interface to search and horizontally scroll.

8. When on the Screen list view, it shows you how many comments and revisions, but you cannot do anything with this. You can't click on them to actually see the comments or revision

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully evaluate other options before making your decision with InVision.

Ability to collaborate design ideas and prototypes.

InVision review by Maria D.
Maria D.

"Great for Quick Prototyping"

What do you like best?

I like how quick and easy using InVision is - they make creating a clickable prototype very simple and intuitive. I also like that it collaborates with programs like Sketch so I can directly import my screens from Sketch and have them ready for me with proper titles in Invision.

What do you dislike?

I think InVision could make improvements on certain features - sometimes the hotspots get clunky (you can't have them too close to one another or overlapping) and some of the motion features are frustrating once actually previewing them live (like hover). I would love it if they would allow you to create a recording of your prototype, but unfortunately InVision only allows you to directly send a link to others - they have to view it in InVision. Another nitpicky thing is that the preset desktop, mobile sizes often don't align to sketch sizes or standard - so your files won't fit right (especially desktop) into the set sizes sometimes. Finally, I think Invision is great for quick prototypes - but if you need to show any true transition or motion, InVision is not the best prototyping tool for that (framer, axure, after effects, etc.) - hard to get smooth animation of any kind in InVision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using InVision for teams who need quick prototyping, as well as those who don't have strong coding experience. Some other prototyping tools require coding knowledge and more technical skills. InVision is very friendly to use for whole teams.

Ability to quickly prototype and show teammates user flows and interact with mockups so that we can continue iterating quickly. It has been especially helpful showing members who are not on the design team, so that they can get a very similar visual of what the website or app will look like and how our customers will interact with it.

InVision review by Dan C.
Dan C.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

InVision is a great tool for sharing your designs with clients, management, and developers. It facilitates the rapid prototyping and design iteration.

What do you dislike?

InVision does not have a good solution for responsive web design. Currently InVision forces designers to create different projects in order to address the various viewports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download and learn to use Craft by InVision. Prototyping with Craft has been incredibly helpful and much faster than setting up hot spots on the web app. The library feature is also incredible for creating, reusing, and importing graphic assets to a project. The typography section of craft isn't as robust and is not as helpful.

I have used InVision to design web and mobile apps. InVision is a great tool to get revisions and sign off from clients.

InVision review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Easy for multiple users"

What do you like best?

Like that many people can comment, view and see ongoing projects. Its very helpful for people who work remotely to view projects, as well as for graphic design projects that have a lot of rounds of edits with multiple players. Setting up an account is very easy for any user. Also very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Simple thing, but I find the program rather clunky when using the commenting feature. It makes it difficult to navigate through many pages and is glitchy when saving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to project manage and include many stakeholders.

It is very helpful for our editorial and graphic design pieces for conferences and meetings. It allows many stakeholders to view artwork without sending tons of versions back and forth in email and having gigantic pdf files to manage. Depending on your style you can make edits via drawing and marking up and or making text comments.

InVision review by User in Higher Education

"Invision is a great tool for designers who don't know how to code, but want to show interaction"

What do you like best?

It's a rapidly evolving tool, which is great. New features, animations, and capabilities are always being added. It's a great tool to use when you don't have time to code something, but want to show your audience or stake holder how you want a certain element to behave. It's very easy to upload files, and even has a plugin for sketch so you can send artboards right to invision with the click of a button. A great tool to use for user testing too, especially in the early stages of web design.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint would be a lack of animations. It would be nice to have more capabilities in that area. As it is now, you're limited in fades and interactions with certain areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool that gives designers and anyone else the ability to make interactive mocks and projects without the worry of knowing code/animation. It's a great tool that allows a user to experience a project through interacting with it instead of just looking at static mocks.

I've used it a lot for user testing in the early stages of web design projects, which has been very useful. Sometimes, UI/UX issues arise too far down the line and it's a scramble with design/development to find a viable option before launch, but with invision, a lot of the time, we can not uncover any of those issues that might arise and solve them early so we're not scrambling with a UI/UX issue at the end of the project.

InVision review by Jill G.
Jill G.

"Excellent web design prototyping software"

What do you like best?

Whether you design mobile apps, responsive web pages, or detailed graphics, InVision allows you to collaborate with your teammates and show your clients prototypes in a professional environment. Now InVision has a plugin for Photoshop and Sketch to make your work easier.

What do you dislike?

The monthly subscription cost is high, if you do not do a lot of prototyping. However, the out of pocket cost may be small if you consider the cost of developing your own automated prototypes or the effort involved with other prototyping methods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial and then decide which license level you need.Try the Photoshop or Sketch plugin to see how this saves you time and effort. Load your project and spend a few minutes getting to learn the app.

I developed a responsive website for a client and used InVision to show the client how the website will look on a smartphone. I could do the same with different types of prototypes. InVision allows you to create hotspots, letting you tap buttons as if you were using a fully-developed app. You can build the application flow right into the prototype.

InVision review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"I am an Invision user, using primarily to review and comment on comps and concepts"

What do you like best?

I like the web-based features and the ability to share review links and make comments within the tool. The other options to review using the Inspect tool are also very helpful

What do you dislike?

I would like more of a library or Favorites view to see all past projects in one place, tied to a user ID. I have a hard time finding Historical projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth the trial period to see if it works for your team. We have a small team that uses for digital design but we are finding ways to expand this for other users in our organization with more of a traditional background. It works well for outside reviewers as well, including clients, account directors, etc. The ease of use in making comments in the tool and tracking iterations is very helpful and allows for a better display vs. digital pieces, which often require printing, even though the designs are not intended for print.

Collaboration for creative design review. We've been able to streamline this process, especially for digital creative we are designing.

InVision review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Love this!"

What do you like best?

InVision makes it so easy to collaborate with my team. I love it's simplicity. It's so easy to make my static images become interactive. Therefore, my team can really get a feel for user flow. That also makes it easy to see where there might be issues in the design.

What do you dislike?

It completes pretty much everything I need from it. However, sometimes it crashes. Then, I need to redo my previous actions all over again

Prototyping. They make it so fast and simple to do. Making moodboards is pretty great too. It's so simple to upload images I like. The screen makes it so easy to see all of the images all at once. It's so easy to communicate with my team too. I love how we can make comments all over the images and have comment threads. It makes it so simple to just communicate in one place with each specific project.

InVision review by User in Internet

"Quick and easy prototyping tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Invision is to use from simply uploading designs to adding basic end to end interactions - click through screens and hover states for web and even taps and scrolling on mobile. It's even better now that it's integrated with sketch and super easy to share project links to collaborate and get feedback from others. The live sharing is also a great feature when we get into remote testing.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more types of interactions to prototype with. Right now the click through is easy, but I would love to have some more advanced options such as controlling how a popup/modal screen might transistion into an experience. Right now it's very much click and appear, the timing tool is a little difficult to use to where it's easier to just click and go (from how I have interpreted it). Also would be nice to have more transitions to make mobile transitions more life-like.

I am constantly solving problems for our sellers by designing new tools to integrate into their workflow for their business. I often run in house and remote usability tests, which is very easy for our users to test on, especially now with the live sharing feature! It would be great to be able to record from here.

InVision review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Invision is a powerhouse"

What do you like best?

I love a lot of things about Invision. But one of the most useful things was being able to make our app design process organized and real by creating links just like it was a real app. There are a lot of wiz bang features of course, but I like how easy it is to link and unlink and my client doesn't need me to walk them through; they can figure it out.

What do you dislike?

They charge now. When I first started using them, they were free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of prototyping tools out there, definitely test with a free trial first to make sure it's the best.

We're making our ideas come to life without having to code anything. It's easy for a non-programmer and a non designer even to make things come to life. This is a lot easier than trying to explain what is supposed to happen next and what is connected to what.

InVision review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"InVision is a great way to host product designs online and communicate with the whole team"

What do you like best?

Foremost, InVision provides a number of great ways to upload, organize, and view software product designs as a product or feature evolves. From mobile to desktop, the seamless integration with design products like Sketch and the ease of viewing and commenting on prototypes makes the design to development process all that much better.

What do you dislike?

The product is sometimes limited in its functionality, or at least confusing. Menus and options are hidden, and it can be quite difficult to simply find a way to export a design or make changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Carefully organize your prototypes and content, and make sure to have enough user profiles for your company! We know from experience that sharing an account across many users can fill up quick!

Our business need is quite simple and universal - we need a way to share hi-fi designs across our product team, to be updated regularly and seen by the team and internal/external stakeholders. With InVision, sharing has been so much easier than it would be otherwise - imagine having to email/message designs all over the place! It's messy.

InVision review by Leo B.
Leo B.

"Best Prototyping tool to acquire clients/users feedback"

What do you like best?

The entire user experience is delightful. Also, the commenting system is the best feature for me as it has everything you need to communicate in an effective manner.

What do you dislike?

I will need to do an effort on this. They should allow more than 3 projects on the basic plan.

Basically, getting clients feedback quickly and effectively. Also with the linking system that you can apply by using Craft plugin with Sketch, it makes the whole experience easier. The most difficult part when you are creating a new UI is the interaction with clients and trying to explain complex interactions. The commenting system makes everything much more effective and pleasant.

InVision review by Consultant in Graphic Design
Consultant in Graphic Design

"Excellent for quick prototypes"

What do you like best?

I use invision a lot to make prototypes for desktop and mobile. I like that it can sync with other cloud accounts and overall has an easy setup. You can drag and drop files with the same string of name and it would automatically update that frame or even let you know that you might be replacing an exisiting frame in the prototype.

What do you dislike?

I wish that invision can allow to create hover and click on hotspots together at the same time. I think this feature can be useful when designing a menu bar that has hover states but you also want that hover state to be actionable.

user testing was a bit hard to find, need to make that easier to be accessed.

I also think that it is very easy to lose track of your shared links to prototypes.

being able to create quick prototypes is the key feature here. It saves a lot of going back and fort between the client and the team members.

InVision review by Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.

"My Vision through InVision"

What do you like best?

This is a wonderful little tool if you want to have interactive prototypes to include into your profile. I love the slick feel of the website and overall style and theme. This service brings a level of professionalism to any new designer's portfolio.

I love the ease of use in creating a mood board. I use this website in conjunction with Pinterest to make some really wicked looking character development boards. I love gathering the images from pinterest and then implementing them into the mood boards on InVision. This really helps with fleshing out new characters for future stories.

Additionally, some may say that the tools that come with InVision make for a less complex design but honestly, if you can think a little bit outside of the box then you will find that you can make some fairly complex prototypes.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to sharing and collaborating with InVision, that's when the service really begins to become nerve wracking. I hear countless stories about people trying to share a simple prototype with their colleagues that are being met with immense frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give the same recommendation for all software and that is to practice with it so that it comes easier. Even though this website is pretty simple to maneuver around.

I use this website for both mocking up Apps for my portfolio. This is a great resource for making professional looking apps. Furthermore, I utilize the mood boards on this website for developing my characters.

InVision review by Guillem E.
Guillem E.

"Almost perfect"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the integration with Sketch (Craft). Very good UX (when it works). Also, their blogs, events and communication in general is great, providing great value to the design community and engaging users by going beyond the product.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunatelly, Invision is quite unestable, in both versions, desktop and mobile. For the desktop version, the links/hotspots fail quite often and for the mobile version, some projects fail to open. Real time synchronization between desktop and mobile, which is a great and useful tool, doesn't work most of the time. We also miss some features like the possibility to disable "swipe" for mobile prototypes, which causes unexpected behaviour on our usability testings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First of all, despite its weaks and strengths, this is the standard tool for prototyping. It is widely used worldwide, among UI, UX and product designers in startups and digital companies in general, so, knowing this tool is a must. It's integration with Sketch, via Craft (Invision's plugin suite) take the most of it and makes prototyping much smooth and easy to maintain. Keep an eye to the new version of Invision (coming soon), and other Invision products like Studio (2018) that will probably take prototyping to the next level.

Despite the technical issues, the benefits are huge for our company. It help us to think, conceptualize, prototype, test and validate new products and features before implement them. It's also the main tool, along with Zeplin, that we use for QA and especially, for project delivering between design and engineering.

"InVision for Mock Ups"

What do you like best?

In Vision is a good product for web site mock ups. It allows you to share decks with others. I can comment on mock ups that others make and then they can update it. Great collaboration ability.

What do you dislike?

Down load of invision slides is not intuitive. The most common task I have is to take a deck that someone else put together and to add slides or pix to a power point. Invision should make it easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invision is a good productivity tool that makes it easy for U I designers to create decks that show mock ups and for others to review their work.

InVision helps to solve collaboration on UI designs. It is a good product for web site mock ups. It allows you to share decks with others. I can comment on mock ups that others make and then they can update it. The benefits are great because the flow is natural and it's easy to present slides to others. Then they can comment on them.

InVision review by Trista W.
Trista W.

"InVision is an acceptable prototyping solution."

What do you like best?

I like the simple process of setting up a clickable prototype. The way projects are organized is nice. I also enjoy the sharing functionality that allows the designer to share out a prototype, password protect it, and gather comments so feedback is in one location.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were better animated transitions. Reviewing comments can be a pain. You have to be in comment mode and it is difficult to move through the pages.

I really wish there was a way to connect it to our Product Backlog management tool (Microsoft TFS).

I think the craft tool looks great but I wish it would connect to Illustrator and consider software coding (XAML) rather than just web based coding (CSS).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Sketch or Photoshop for your primary design tool then their feature for outputting specification documents easily. It does not incorporate well with any kind of product backlog management tool but it's been a great way to software or application solutions without the expense of writing code.

Creating realistic prototypes so we can test software solutions without writing code. It is much easier to make changes to designs then to code.

InVision review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Makes reviewing and tracking comments a dream"

What do you like best?

The ability to send out links to WIP designs to non-design stakeholders. There are some projects that have many different stakeholders around the company. By using invision we are able to alert those people that feedback is needed, and get it in a easy to provide and digest format.

What do you dislike?

I tend to get lost on the various tool options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may not use it every day or for every project, but when you need it there is no mistaking the amount of value it provides.

We have eliminated to need to send emails, annotate PDFs, then assemble all the feedback. Now we can get all the comments overlaid on the design and have conversations within the project for clarification purposes.

We've been able to streamline all feedback and get approval faster. This has helped several of our projects to get completed on-time and in a few cases, earlier than expected.

InVision review by User in Computer Software

"Design tool with many use cases"

What do you like best?

InVision has a great plug-in with Sketch that updates images in InVision with changes from Sketch. It's so convenient to not have to export assets and re-upload and re-link files. It speeds up my workflow and keeps my computer free of tons of different versions of files.

InVision's LiveShare tool is also great for remote collaboration and pair designing. There's a feature where someone can choose to be the main presenter, so everyone else only sees what that person sees on their screen, so it's easy to follow along.

What do you dislike?

In order for others to see and make use of InVision's "Inspect" tool, you need to add users, which costs money. Zeplin is a free alternative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With InVision Studio coming out soon, it's definitely worth looking into getting a license.

Being able to see the flow of interactions vs. individual screens helps me design overall better flows and elicits helpful feedback from others.

InVision review by Ravishankar S.
Ravishankar S.

"InVision - articulate your vision"

What do you like best?

Ability to collaborate on designs, ability to readily leave comments. Ability to preview all screen in the tile mode. Extensive library of content to build mock-ups. Easy to access comments, implement required changes, and automatically notify the original requester about the updates. Very good resolution for the screens which enables designers to spell out every detail of the interface very clearly and as close as possible to the intended actual product.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow to load on mobile. Inability to add more information to subsequent call to actions on a screen. If the call to action is below the fold for the screen being viewed, it is difficult to discover the same unless you scroll down the screen. A notification on top would help easily discover the available call to actions. Also it may be great to leave comments that are images (e.g. alternative mockups) in addition to text.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get started for free and thoroughly evaluate the product.

We are designing a website and a customer dashboard product and flow was very important. InVision helped us map the flow out and also help us optimize the real estate for minimum ambiguity as customers flowed through the desired process. It also helped us communicate better with our senior management as we moved away from the initial white board discussions to demonstrate functional mock-ups in subsequent meetings. All functional teams benefitted from the interactivity of the mock-ups which enabled them to better understand the requirements of the product.

InVision review by Gabriela R.
Gabriela R.

"Quick and easy way to prototype"

What do you like best?

InVision is on point when you need a tool to make a straightforward clickable mockup that focuses on workflow rather than interactivity. It is so easy to use and the team has created many great tutorial videos to help you become an InVision rockstar. They have a ton of documentation on how to use all the features. I'm currently using Adobe Photoshop to create my mockups and it's so easy to import my artboards by using the source file folder and naming conventions suggested by InVision. It's even easier to use with Sketch.

InVision makes it easy to share a prototype through email or by copying a link. It allows recipients to comment on screens, making it ideal for remote collaboration. It's a great tool to present workflows to non-technical people like business stakeholders and clients. Anyone can easily click through a prototype.

I also like the social share so I can upload screens to my online portfolio.

What do you dislike?

Social share isn't connected to Behance yet.

I would like a better way to organize my screens. Reordering screens is tedious if you have a lot of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose InVision for making straightforward clickable prototypes that highlight workflow rather than interactions or data processing.

I am solving customer flows for securing auto financing completely online. InVision has helped me identify gaps in workflows, identify inconsistencies in design and understand how to manage my Photoshop files for easy conversion.

InVision review by Alex H.
Alex H.

"The Premier Collaborative Design System"

What do you like best?

I love how I can easily involve a design team along with developers and other stakeholders to produce a more high fidelity design solution with less headaches and clearer understanding. InVision manages to make designer’s jobs easier.

What do you dislike?

I’d prefer to have more control over animations and and multiple versions of assets, but all in all, the current solution isn’t bad in this regard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In Lean Startup fashion, test it out as you go and see if it can accommodate all your needs before investing all your time and your team’s time into using it.

InVision Will help your business reach the finish line more quickly and with more confidence. I think that is what all of this software is really trying to do anyway. You will enjoy a more thorough creative process coming to life with every project because this facilitates what these smart people naturally want to do! Design better stuff!

InVision review by Fernando G.
Fernando G.

"InVision it's the best rapid prototyping tool we've found"

What do you like best?

I use InVision to turn our high-fidelity designs into clickable prototypes and present them to internal stakeholders and clients. It allows us to present our designs in a fun way and really helps to validate the designs at every stage of the process.

What do you dislike?

Since I'm not a Sketch user, I certainly feel excluded from all the cool features that inVision integrates with Sketch. I would like to see more of these tools integrated with other tools like photoshop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it's free so you don't have anything to lose. If you like it and find it useful, you can always upgrade to get more cool features. Besides, inVision has become a standard in the industry, it's always a good idea to know how to use it. It could give more value to your resume.

As a UI/UX designer, I find that inVision it's the best tool to create high-fidelity working prototypes. It's the easiest and best way we have found to present to our clients how their finished product or products will look once going live.

InVision review by Aislinn B.
Aislinn B.

"More than just prototyping"

What do you like best?

One of the most versatile prototyping tools I have worked with, especially when used in conjunction with Sketch. I love the LiveShare feature, and it's a great way to work through creative in a seamless flow. The commenting feature is useful especially when comments are instantly emailed so changes can be made on the fly. Overall very satisfied with the usefulness of this application.

What do you dislike?

The workflow feature is still a little cumbersome; I would love to see it become more dynamic and allow several people to be appointed per item. I would also like to see a way to set dates/times for the tasks within each project rather than just a checklist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best way to use InVision is to think of all the possibilities; there are so many things that InVision can be used for beyond just app and web production. We have used it for our overall approval process even for print items. It has improved how much time is spent going back and forth on a project.

The main business problem using InVision has solved the way clients can view projects and provide their feedback. Web projects in the past were shown as flat comps rather than interactive rough sites.

InVision review by Mauricio G.
Mauricio G.

"Incredible tool"

What do you like best?

fast, intuitive, the real look and feel experience. There is simply an easy way to to prototype and InVision got it right, upload 2 images, one as starting point, the other as the end point. Click on the start point, choose the prototype tool, mark the spot, and link the end point. Do this for every possible combination and you have a walk thought.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes loose track with the many screens it can possible has, that i start making my own drawn maps, I wish In Vision could have a way to see the whole project as a site map experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If its prototype or UX/UI what you are looking for, invision is a great tool to work with, and becoming even better with upgrades and compatibility with adobe photoshop, and sketch 3.

user interface, creating a better and faster experience to become a member of out loyalty program. In Vision not only helped us to create a walk through the new login, but also we showed this to the sales team and other executives outside the project, to test it, with positive results.

InVision review by Adaoha O.
Adaoha O.

"A Collaboration Dream "

What do you like best?

This tool is awesome when it comes to collaborating as a team! And the fact that it is easily integrated with Sketch is like the cherry on top.

What do you dislike?

There are still come interactions I wish Invision has. I wish it has more advanced interactions as well as conditionals and taking user input. I find that when coming from prototyping with a tool like Axure then transitioning to Invision, it may seem as if it's lacking a bit with options/variety.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool may seem a bit confusing at first, but give it a chance! It took me a little while to get use to, especially coming from Axure, but its quick and easy once you get the hang of it, and a wonderful prototyping tool!

This solves the problem of collaborating with remote workers. When working in a team of nine which more than 80% of my team remote, this was a life saver. Before, we'd put files in some kind of file sharing system and each team member would check it out or lock the file while reviewing, but this tool made all that a thing of the past. Now everyone can go in (at the same time -- bonus!) and leave their comments or any suggestions as to how to improve the prototype. It is also great with user research because a majority of our clients are remote / off site. When we want to gather findings or have a walk though of the tool, a link can easily be shared with a client who can go in and maneuver the prototype without any guidance.

InVision review by Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.

"Great tool for specific purposes"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use and the syncing feature from Sketch App. I also love that it is browser based and it is easy to share to others and gather comments.

What do you dislike?

The ability to create a high fidelity interactive prototype is still not supported or requires a lot of additional work (such as creating many states of a screen). The biggest obstacle comes from the fact that it is page based rather than layer based interactions (though there is some support, kind of, with laters - i.e. overlays).

I think the biggest business problem Invision solves as being a great communication tool. Not only can you communicate ideas to stakeholders but you can also gather feedback from those stakeholders in real time!

InVision review by Saleena B.
Saleena B.

"Love Invision"

What do you like best?

I like the new plugins for Sketch made by Invision. It makes my work flow a lot easier. I can change swatches with a breeze. I also like that it syncs from sketch to Invision. I love their blogs. They provide useful information. I love how easy it is to collaborate in real time. The pin points for notes or improvements are so helpful. It's fairly easy to use and I look forward to future updates.

What do you dislike?

The website seems to slow at times. It takes a while to load my art boards. Also, when it syncs my work from sketch, it doesn't sync them in order. Usually it is backwards or mixed up. Sometimes it hard to read the links on the page. I'm constantly squinting my eyes when I look at invasion. I just hope they fix the syncing problem because it would free up so much time. I wish I could group art boards in Sketch and sync to Invision. Instead of categorizing or grouping on Invision's website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I with they had a youtube channel showing how to use new features.

I create user flows for iOS applications. I like how easy it is to share with clients. They never have trouble accessing the prototypes. Real time collaboration is the best feature.

InVision review by User in Computer Software

"Großartiges Tool zur Kollaboration und Prototypen "

What do you like best?

Am meisten nutze ich wohl die Kommentar-Funktion. Diese erlaubt mir mich in einem schnelllebigen und iterativen Prozess mit meinen Kollegen (Stakeholder, Entwickler, Designer) auszutauschen (mit Hilfe von Craft) und unser Produkt zu verbessern und diese Änderungen auch zu dokumentieren.

What do you dislike?

Das Kanban-System Workflow bedarf evtl. noch etwas Zuneigung. Eine Art Cross-Projekt-Workflow innerhalb der Teams waere perfekt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to keep the team in sync, share opinions and changes sync to the whole team (with the help of Craft), and designers can switch to the latest version or roll back changes at any time. It's easy to use and has a very nice User Experience. Also, it is not very pricey for smaller teams or even Enterprise and there are many plans to choose for to meet your requirements.

Schnelle Kollaboration und klickbare Dummies fuer User Testing sind tolle Benefits. Wir wollen unseren Prozess transparenter machen und einen Ort haben wo wir all unsere Assets, Styleguides und Files lagern. Wir erwarten InVision DMS Design System Manager und Studio mit grosser Freude und hoffen damit unser Team und den Arbeitsfluss zu optimieren. Mit Hilfe von InVision Enterprise und UserTesting.com koennen wir zusaetzlich unser User Research Department weiterbringen.

InVision review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"It works."

What do you like best?

It's super easy to pick-up and use, for the designer AND the "critic." Easy to annotate and collaborate on a design. And a few good options to deliver and demo.

What do you dislike?

Going to be honest. At the time I last used it, there wasn't user testing/recording... I begged but eventually I had to move on to other things. But now that's addressed, I'm back!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with the one that your team is going to enjoy and clients are going to not look at you funny. Invision definitely fits the bill here. User testing is also what the doctor ordered...

Basic wire-frames for when you are further into your design phase.

InVision review by Eva I.
Eva I.

"My Go-to prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to share your prototypes. Great collaboration--I can invite anyone from my team to view or comment right on the mocks. The comments feature is super helpful because I know who, when, and what they're talking about. Really easy to pin point what everyone thinks.

What do you dislike?

Takes a really long time to put together and doesn't allow any type of mapping. You're required to upload work that's already been done--it's not a tool that allows quick prototyping. I have to create a my mockups and then link them together in inVision. Someone might say "well you can just create quick, low-fidelity wireframes and upload them to inVision," but why take so much time to link all the mocks together and it's not even a high-res mock? It really shouldn't take a long time to create a drop down but it does. Like I said, this is a great tool for work that's already been approved by stakeholders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to never be the "owner" of your prototypes because the owner will always be the one who bought the plan and invited you to use it, as most of the companies I've worked with have done (the professional plan only allows one designer, but why pay more for team plan just to have your name say "owner" next to every prototype? It only allows 5 designers anyway, so not worth it). Also be prepared for needing one of the pro plans because if you work in a company where there are multiple projects you'll need unlimited prototypes--the starter package only gives you three and that's nuts.

My role is to improve usability on web apps and mobile apps. I've realized benefits

"Invision for the win"

What do you like best?

I love that the free trial really allows you to get to know the software. We used it for a few weeks to prove we really needed it before we purchased it. In general, I think Invision is a powerful tool that's really easy to use and allows team to really collaborate during the design process.

What do you dislike?

Invision is awesome when you use it for high fidelity designs, but it'd be great if you could do more with wireframe mockups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using it for an initial project as part of their free trial. Encourage team members to include any design feedback directly in Invision so that you can see how the comments work and just how powerful the online collaboration can be.

I've used Invision before for team collaboration during the design process, as well as to create a product "test drive" or clickable, walkthrough demo for our corporate website.

InVision review by Maria G.
Maria G.

"My Go To Tool for Prototyping"

What do you like best?

Best aspect of InVision - it's an all in one suite for prototyping. I really enjoy being able to prototype and collaborate with my team from one program. InVision's inspect has also made it easier when I am sending designs to developers. Our team definitely works faster thanks to this tool.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see more tutorials within the software or web application directly vs having to navigate to a specific section of the site with tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an all in one solution, I really think InVision provides that. Its convenient not having too many software subscriptions too.

InVision has resolves any issues our team has previously had in terms of communication between design and development. It's easier to prototype designs with it and it's very easy to share with users or testers.

InVision review by Amit S.
Amit S.

"Very great tool for prototyping designs and show to your clients."

What do you like best?

InVision is one of the most powerful platforms for prototyping. The best thing about this tool is you can work with your team without any problem. If you are looking for a specific tool that integrates with sketch and photoshop then go for it. InVision gives best services at a minimum price.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is any dislike in InVision but If they work more in the flexibility of app, that would be great. If they add more gestures and animation, that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want great prototyping tool which integrates with sketch and photoshop and also wants to work with the team. Go for it. I think It's the best tool for showing your design to the clients in a creative way.

InVision solves many problems like showing the app designs to the client without any problem and clients can easily review the project. You can easily modify and upload your design.

InVision review by Madeline T.
Madeline T.

"The best prototyping software out there! "

What do you like best?

I love that I can show a working demo to clients before they give approval. This allows us to make any design changes before the coding phase, which is the most expensive part of our process when it comes to making websites, email campaign and apps. I also love that they have the option to create desktop and mobile prototypes and the "hot spot" templates that allow you to carry over navigation links on multiple pages.

What do you dislike?

find anything to complain about! Truly my favorite prototype software out there.

Prototyping and presenting projects to clients without having to leave anything up to the imagination. With inVision, we never have to explain that some things will look or work differently.

InVision review by Loren O.
Loren O.

"Simple, user-friendly prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. There is basically no learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while it gets glitchy. There have been occasions when we have had to show clients storyboards because Invision is being too glitchy and we felt that it would hinder selling the idea, or the lack of functionality would get in the way of the idea.

I feel some features could be added to make prototyping even slicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great prototyping tool in that it's quick and easy to use.

I show clients that are less visual, prototypes to sell them on an idea or design. A great benefit is that you can program in functionality to give the client a sense of how the finished product could look.

InVision review by Martin W.
Martin W.

"Completely changed my workflow"

What do you like best?

InVision is now my go to platform when designing digital experiences and products right from project kick off. The Boards feature is where I begin my art direction and can get initial feedback from the client. Working with the craft plugin has completely streamlined the design from the wireframe stage right up to prototype and dev handoff

What do you dislike?

There have been times when certain functionality crashed but the customer service team are generally pretty good and helping you to find a solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial, watch the online videos and tutorials. These will give you an understanding of what is possible before committing

Streamlining the design phase and handoff to developers with Inspect has saved my team countless hours of miscommunication (and ultimately that saves us money)

InVision review by Shannon F.
Shannon F.

"InVision is perfect for presenting website ideas to a client"

What do you like best?

The beautiful, clean interface is perfect for organizing files and sharing with clients. The commenting tool works well both internally and with an external team. My personal favorite feature is using the Boards section for creating moodboards. These look so professional we often share them directly with clients.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot of actual interaction prototyping you can do with InVision, although I would say that's not really it's purpose. If the intention of a designer is to share wireframe or design interactions, I'd recommend something like UXPin, Flinto or Axure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pair it with Sketch or Photoshop for sharing designs

Quickly sharing designs in front of people that look and feel professional, and getting feedback quickly.

InVision review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Quick and Easy Prototypes that Wow!"

What do you like best?

Love that I can connect Invision app with Photoshop or just drag and drop updates as needed. Being able to bring still images to life with transitions and paths through the app really help give clients and customers a feel for what their app could be and how it will flow. We catch a lot of little UX things during the prototyping process.

What do you dislike?

Which there was even more flexibility with transitions and paths between images, links and buttons. If it had logic that would bring even more power.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and quick to use. There are other prototyping options out there but bang for your buck... I would suggest InvisionApp and their other tools as well.

Customers like pretty things. Pretty things that move and show you what your app could be are huge. This also helps take a lot of questions that we would receive from the dev team as well. It helps paint a more clear picture of how the app should flow.

InVision review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"One of the best platform for Design Collaboration"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, Workflow based approach, gathering feedback and usability testing. I mostly use it for clickable prototyping, gathering feedback and production workflow. This has saved us from multiple email exchanges and brought speed to the process. I simply loved all the good things about this. I am eagerly waiting for Animated Interaction feature - either by using some plugin like craft which enables users to do so. Coz for such interaction design I have to either turn into Flinto or Proto.Io or Adobe XD or Adobe After effects just to show how the interaction be like. Invision has lot of potential for upcoming designer who will found it as foundation of there design practice.

What do you dislike?

For Single user it should be free to use for 1- 3 projects - with pay per use kind of plan - which is affordable for the independent designer. Presently it is at per month charge, to few developing countries like India it might not the affordable still. Putting it into pay per use model (say for 3 to 5 member team)- will increase more audience of creative thinkers who want to collaborate.

I think its must have tool for the remote teams to collaborate in the design and literately evolve it . Invision helps us doing that. We develop lot of prototype on the possible future state of things and test them around with our user group. Invision helps us doing those collaboration of pair designing and testing with remote audience at different geographic location - removing the barriers of distance.

InVision review by Reanna J.
Reanna J.

"Frequent User"

What do you like best?

I use InVision almost everyday for work and one of my favorite features is being able to share with other people at work who don't have an InVsion account, and get their feedback through comments. I like that I can reply to those comments with questions or clarification and then check it off once I've implemented that change into my design.

What do you dislike?

Uploading or syncing files isn't the best. I don't like how when I sync from sketch it just grabs everything, rather than letting me select a few screens. Sketch sync hasn't really been the best for my workflow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and you can tell that InVision cares a lot about iterating and making a better product. I think its well worth the investment. I'm not sure if it is the best solution for smaller teams, but if you're working at a large corporation and/or working with client a lot, it is a great way to share and receive feedback.

At my job, Invision is used for getting feedback and helping management have a broad view of what kind of projects are being worked on. Its worked really well so far and been great to easily track feedback.

InVision review by Jane H.
Jane H.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

Easy on the boarding and simple for the beginner prototypist. Well, how it syncs with sketch. Yet it still has all the hoods and bells an advanced designer wants. Good simple transitions, lots of nice templates.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing has happened that makes me feel unhappy with this software, they are doing very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the best way you can use uq to make your business grow quickly and easily.

It's fantastic for the usability testing, as customers may see what a working application looks like and yet the modifications are fairly simple to deploy and try again.

InVision review by Hannah H.
Hannah H.

"Best Prototype Tool!"

What do you like best?

InVision makes it really easy to drop full PSD files (even with artboards) into the app so when your client has a change it makes it really easy to make the update in Photoshop and sync your changes. This allows for a great quality and efficient workflow.

This is also very user-friendly and a great tool to more easily present a concept to a client who might be more visual than conceptual.

What do you dislike?

There still seem to be some bugs when setting scrolling and hover effects. I haven't run into too many other issues or things that I didn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you take the time to learn how this tool works it will do wonders for both you and your clients!

This helps us demonstrate how a website might work when a user interacts with various elements on a client's website and in the end leads to less uncertainty from the client.

InVision review by Arpad S.
Arpad S.

"Share UI screens and collaborate"

What do you like best?

The most used /liked feature by our team is the possibility to write comments directly on a design. When we have questions or notes regarding something, we just have to switch to comment mode, and pin a comment to the area in question, which becomes a mini comment thread where other can reply to our questions. When the discussion is over you can mark the thread as "completed".

What do you dislike?

The platform is pretty mature, but sometimes glitches may appear. You may see placeholders for texts like {{project_name}} and {{user_name}} instead of the actual project and user names. The product's main feature is to create simple prototypes, which can be quite tricky for an app with more than 200 screens, so we stopped using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very good for design reviews, the prototyping features are getting better, but it's not very sophisticated.

We share designs with a ~10 member team, comment on them and share resources. With the direct cloud syncing we can easily distribute our design ideas among the team.

InVision review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"Great for Rapid prototyping in High and Low Fidelity"

What do you like best?

InVision is great at allowing you quickly create prototypes in any fidelity. You can upload anything from from rough sketches to high fidelity comps to create your prototypes. Once the screens are created, you can easily group and organize them, and drag and drop new comp to update screens. The InVision team is constantly releasing and communicating their new features, and they really seem to do their research on what their customers want and how they use their products. To me, the support offered and the fact that they seem to have the features I need well before other products on the market puts InVision head and shoulders above the other solutions out there.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find much to dislike, since they are consistently releasing features and tweaking their system. There are a few minor interaction design details that could be cleaned up such as finding the screen you want when you choose the screen as overlay option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about the prototyping tool you want to use based on what you want to learn from your tests. InVision is an amazing tool, but no tool can make up for a bad testing plan.

InVision serves a couple of major issues for our business.

It allows us to share designs with stakeholders and get feedback directly on the design. We can then quickly iterate on the design to solve business problems.

We also use it to user test designs before beginning development. That way, we can find and solve issues quickly before committing significant development time.

Finally, when we are ready to begin development, we use it to demonstrate intended functionality to our development team.

At each stage, it helps us visualize and rapidly test out ideas, and iterate quickly.

InVision review by Andrew O.
Andrew O.

"very good"

What do you like best?

it does everything i need and does it pretty well

What do you dislike?

when im trying to manage 100 screens, I need to click in to see the screen and get in, this is because the thumbnail is a square and cuts off. If there is some way for me to preview the screens at large. it would be really helpful. its hard to manage 100 screens because of the preview

when im editing a hitbox, the screen shifts. i have to wait for it to shift to click on the "link to" field. a lot of times im ready to click it without waiting for it to shift

everythings kinda slow sometimes

I can prototype and test without building

InVision review by User in Computer Software

"Perfect for team collaboration"

What do you like best?

The commenting feature is by far the best part of this tool. I love that you can click anywhere to create a comment and tag whoever you want in your comments so it gets to the right people. Describing changes for a graphic or image can be tricky, and it's been great being specific and thorough with invision.

It's also nice you can reply to comments directly in the email notifications so you dont have to open the tab. Great for when you're on the go and don't want to open the full project.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to easily upload a doc or image into comments. There are times when I want to show a screenshot that should go in a certain space, and we have to use our project management app or email to send the document, which can get confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't go wrong!

Collaborating on images needed for marketing, sales and our product.

InVision review by Raluca M.
Raluca M.

"Great prototyping tool."

What do you like best?

The service is really easy to use, no learning curve. The thing i liked most was and made me choose it while i was looking at some other tools was the design. Really well done, and they kept adding features.

Animations are great, the comments useful, and making them as tasks and seeing what needs work is rather great. I also use the mood boards.

Support for animated gifs and overlays do a great job.

Dropbox integration and user testing are just perfect.

What do you dislike?

There are a few minor issues. Sometimes the prototype loads with difficulty on mobile, and there are minor bugs but these ar far and between.

Not the biggest fan of random backgrounds that don't really work sometimes, hard to integrate anything else other than photos and gifs which reduce the realism.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a flexible and versatile tool that doesn't apply necessarily to high definition prototyping this is a great affordable tool that has a way of being easy to use and friendly. If you need tools that are more relatable to developers, then maybe you should try webflow. This one here is just right for any type of general customer, and can be used in the wireframing phases as well as in later design and ui.

Invision makes prototyping easy, and adds a touch of professionalism when presenting my designs to clients. Moodboards also do that, with their sleek design.

InVision review by Crystal D.
Crystal D.

"Great tool for making websites "come to life" for clients and stakeholders"

What do you like best?

InVision has some great features like comments, transitions, and desktop syncing to make prototyping quick, realistic, and easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more flexibility with modern web design features such as a parallax scrolling. Also, adding functional elements (such as text boxes) would help with UX testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to use tool for quick prototyping for desktop and mobile that's affordable and syncs directly with Adobe programs, look no further. InVision makes it easy to test user flows and iterate designs for all projects.

Sharing our vision with stakeholders before our developers start working has been incredibly valuable. The ability to iterate quickly in a design phase helps to keep us flexible.

InVision review by deepak r.
deepak r.

"Presentation - Redefined"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most about this software is its user interface. Not only it is extremely easy to use but also it provides a delightful experience. Its minimal, crisp and easy. Adding files to a prototype is amazingly simple, just drag and drop and its done. When you view a file, the background automatically changes to the color of that file which makes the project look more appealing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that they dont have an Android application as the mobile website is very slow. I also dislike that once you add some files into a project, it automatically replaces the files having a similar name. I think there should be a better solution for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really cool software with an efficient and simple interface. The software is not only easy to use but it also provide a value to your presentations. You can simply ask your clients to simply add comments on project itself and can save a lot of time.

This is one of the best software I have used in terms of presenting your work. I have realized that you can share a realistic prototype to your clients and seniors for their approval using this software. You can also view you prototype in different screen resolutions.