iPage

The iPage Essential Plan You have so many options when it comes to creating your website. To give you the freedom you need to create an online presence that reflects your brand or personality, we support all of them.

Work for iPage?

Learning about iPage?

iPage Reviews

Showing 14 iPage reviews
iPage review by <span>Oliver R.</span>
Oliver R.

IF YOU´RE THINKING ABOUT GETTING IPAGE, THINK IT OVER

What do you like best?

Maybe the only good feature of Ipage is its price. When you hire their service for their first time, they can go as low as $1.99 per month (even though you need to buy at least 1 year of their service). Ipage may be a good service for first time bloggers whose site doesn´t need to be up 24/7. Also, it´s control panel is easy to use, and like most hosting providers, allows you to install wordpress on your website with only a few clicks. However, if your website is really active, you´ll find many, many issues with them.

What do you dislike?

I don´t know where to start. First and foremost, even though they claim they have 99% server uptime, my site was down more than 15 times during a month (and those were only the times I counted, which weren´t planned maintenance). Another issue is that they suddenly increase their service price for current users. For example, I had to pay $3.99 per month after 12 months, which I thought was reasonable. However, when 24 months elapsed, they started charging $9.99 per month, and a few months later, they started charging $12.99 per month. Also, they perform "routine scans" on your websites and always tell you that you have a "security failure / spam registration" in order to sell you their Sitelock security service. To be quite honest, I don´t recommend iPage to serious web developers; actually, I´m cancelling my membership and these are my last days with their service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I´m really dissatisfied with iPage´s service. To my mind, these are the things you´re doing wrong:

1. Terrible uptime percentage compared to what you claim to offer (you have millions of clients, and I´m sure you can easily fix this problem)

2. Stop trying to push Sitelock services to your clients. This will only make current clients angry and they will leave your service, as I´m about to leave as well.

3. Don´t start increasing prices dramatically to current users. I understand the increase from $1.99 to $3.99. But from $3.99 to $12.99 in a few months is a steal! You only excuse yourself by saying that it´s because you´ve improved your infrastructure and services, but I´ve seen the same flaws!

Like most hosting companies, iPage helps your website be up and running in a short amount of time. This will help you have a better online business presence (or online hobby presence!). Also, with an easy-to-use control panel, you can have your website ready to be launched in a few hours (or even less).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iPage
iPage review by <span>Prateek G.</span>
Prateek G.

Best Website Hosting Solution (iPage)

What do you like best?

I love iPage, and as a Web Developer when I started working as a Freelancer, the very first web hosting service I took was iPage, the reason behind that, were:

1. Price : Yes as a freelancer beginner developer, at that time spending a lot of money on web hosting was not affordable, and iPage offered the same services as any other hosting service was proving me but at a very cheaper price, so why not go for it.

2. $500 Bonus : Yeah, thats right $500. This was the most important thing which attracted me as a beginner web developer, they were offering me $500 Bonus on sign up, which included, security softwares, Google Ads, etc.

3. The customer support was also very good, I was a beginner and needed some assistance with hosting my client websites, and they helped me really well.

4. Uptime is also very good.

What do you dislike?

I have not faced any problem till date after hosting good number of websites here.

My friends, who are also freelance web developers have couple of times claimed the security issue, their clients website was hacked, but personally I have never faced any problem till date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using iPage without any reservation. I have used it as a web developer, I have seen the benefits, the cheap price for hosting and good support, I would surely recommend people looking for web hosing service to give this a shot.

I use this iPage for web hosting services. As a freelance developer, its not just developing the website, a lot of time you are supposed to host and maintain your client's website, and I love to do that using iPage.

Benefits are many, First you get a very cheap price hosting, probably the cheapest in the market you get bonus. Earlier I did not use to host my clients websites, but when I started doing, it was not a very big task to do but helped me make quite decen amount of money for very small price.

What Website Hosting solution do you use?

iPage review by <span>Ann M.</span>
Ann M.

Ipage is a great hosting group!

What do you like best?

We have had several issues with building our site which were not the fault of ipage. Their customer support was excellent. We had live people to talk with and even got a follow-up contact to confirm resolution. Very happy with that. Also, the price is good and the seo seems to be easily managed.

What do you dislike?

We did have a bit of a learning curve in working with ipage. Be patient and you will be glad you did. Changes and updates can have unanticipated consequences that will probably take a phone call to understand/resolve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

iPage allows you to focus on your business, your site. Anytime you can focus less on the behind -the -scenes and more on direct client interaction, your business will come out ahead.

As a Photo life management and Media conversion company we need a website that is reactive, mobile ready and dynamic. iPage has allowed us to create a site that accomplishes these goals.

iPage review by <span>Val S.</span>
Val S.

Decent Services, Support Lacking

What do you like best?

iPage has a wide range of hosting options so that people can choose what best fits their site's needs. Their website is fairly easy to navigate, although for a novice, it can be hard to tell what plan they actually need.

What do you dislike?

Their hosting support, even for VPS and Dedicated server clients. has dropped significantly in the last year. Their techs are little to no help, don't have anything more than basic training and there are no upper level techs available over the weekend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're confident with your troubleshooting abilities, iPage has a quality product at a decent price. If you're the type that is going to need support or assistance regularly, I wouldn't depend on iPage's support team to be there for you.

I have used iPage's shared, VPS and Dedicated hosting services for a variety of projects. It's fairly easy to scale up as your site grows, although they will charge you to migrate your site now among their plans since each is on different hardware.

iPage review by <span>Joy B.</span>
Joy B.

iPage for Web Hosting - Best for the Money

What do you like best?

iPage.com is a great hosting company for someone on a budget. Sometimes they have offers for new subscribers for a low as $12 per year. You get a free domain name for one year along with $50 to $100 of Google Ads. Free site building tools such as; WordPress, Weebly and oneline store. Free sitelock included. Their online support is pretty quick to answer your questions. They have helped me with some technical problems with some of my files. They have automatic renewels if you so choose, so you don't have to keep applying. They offer WordPress Hosing too, that gives you more security and backup of your site. They are the only hosting company that allows multiply WordPress sites with the WordPress Hosting. I've checked other hosting plans elsewhere, and they only offer one site for the lowest monthly cost. Or up to five sites with a premium plan. I've been using this hosting plan for six years.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike with iPage, is when I have to use Wordpess with their regular hosting plan, they use another platform called Mojo. I really don't like that platform to get to my WordPress files. It probably would be better to get the WordPress Hosting plan, because it is more streamlined with your files.

I'm not having any business problems at this time. I am an independent contractor.

iPage review by <span>Yick Chong L.</span>
Yick Chong L.

Easy to build websites

What do you like best?

Ability to drag and drop boxes for editing web pages, ease of learning.

What do you dislike?

Low customization features are offered, especially with placing articles of content in specialized locations on a web site. Difficulty in analyzing the billing expenses and invoices, they are not well-described and broken down, often requiring more time than needed to verify.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The iPage support is very flexible, they understand if businesses are evolving and can help with adjusting user's fees.

Creating a website for a business. I realized the actual creation of a website.

Learning about iPage?

* We monitor all iPage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.