iPrism

Learning about iPrism?

iPrism Reviews

Ask iPrism a Question
Showing 11 iPrism reviews
iPrism review by Alvaro R.
Alvaro R.

"Internet Protection Filter"

What do you like best?

I like this program for the security that gives me by filtering Internet sites that do not have the proper reputation which allows me to have a list of secure sites to access this added ease of installation really that very effective and easy installation

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything this software I had a single eventuality when configuring my emails but was solved by reading a bit about its installation guide and security parameters that owns but everything else is excellent and I think the problem qu e Tube was part of what they offer as a safe filter

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program for companies that want to have a security filter in front of the internet to protect all their email accounts and URLs that daily enter in each browser of the computer This software offers a high security in what they offer of Really happy

It has a super easy to use interface very friendly with the security that gives me in the emails because it has compliance with the norms or standards of desired quality malware detection is a its particular parts and requests Routing to the Gateway

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about iPrism
iPrism review by Vikas R.
Vikas R.

"Very Effective"

What do you like best?

The set up and programming was easy. The web filter is great, not only blocking but letting me know what gets blocked and who gets blocked. iPrism Web Security is designed to be “set it and forget it” logo is actually works. Loved it!

Also, iPrism allows you to monitor and block Instant Messenger applications such as Skype and FTP with a simple set-and-forget check box.

What do you dislike?

From my opinion - It's expensive for the small scale companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say - Must use iPrism.

As this provides you with protection from a variety of online threats, including malware, viruses, phishing and more.

The web filter is great, not only blocking but letting me know what gets blocked and who gets blocked.Also the administrator dashboard is a lot faster too with the 20h login time is in seconds not minutes (compared to the 1200).

What Application Security solution do you use?

iPrism review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Simple and Efficient"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up and begin using. It is a very efficient product, it doesn't seem to slow down my computer as much as other similar products do. Customer support has been very helpful in answering any questions or concerns that I have, and over all have no had much of an issue in use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is such a learning curve as compared to other similar products. Though that is a small price to pay for such a good product. It has been easy to navigate once you learn where everything is, and like I said before, customer support was really helpful in directing me. It did take a while to download/install which was a bit annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself plenty of time to download and install and get comfortable using the interface before launching.

some problems I have solved with this product is security. As a small business it is important that I am able to give my clients the peace of mind that my computer software is safe and secure, seeing as how I have multiple clients who trust me with their personal information. It is a benefit I have quickly realized, and is definitely worth it to me.

iPrism review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"iPrism Review"

What do you like best?

This software does do a good job at filtering sites. Also the company also does a pretty good job at keeping their URL categories up to date. The version that we are running has the built in virus scan to help protect against virus laden sites. Out of the box the iPrism was fairly easy to setup and use. The customer support was very helpful in that initial setup.

What do you dislike?

the first dislike I have is that it the way groups are set up. For a large organization groups are very burdensome. Example being is I have 10 Access Groups all with the categories that they are allowed to have access to. Everything works great but then if I need to grant access to a specific site for a lower level access group then the other users that are not in that Group are then denied access to the site, even if the Category is open to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I say with every thing, do you research. if you have a large organization and plan on having quite a number of Access tiers make sure you test the iPrism prior to purchase.

We did our switch because our Postini web filtering was end of life and they were not going to continue the product. We needed something in place quick and easy and iPrism fit the bill.

iPrism review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Admin of iPrism web filter"

What do you like best?

Antivirus filtering is built in. Can do WCCP, in-line or proxy. Can filter based on Active Directory or Internet Protocol address. Will actually bind to Active Directory. Can do time based filtering which is helpful at times. Users can ask for overrides when blocked and then helpdesk can easier do an override for that URL or IP for a few hours or forever.

What do you dislike?

Reporting does not feel like it is part of system. Uses old and slow java based report console. Separate window. Web profile setup is confusing at best. Web interface is slow and feels old. Does not filter SSL traffic so very easy to work around blocked sites by just going to https. Anti-virus new to the product. Logging is not always accurate on blocks. The active directory filtering single sign on wont work if the user goes to a secure webpage at first like https://www.google.com. We eventually had to fail back to IP filtering

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say try out another software or appliance first. Have not been happy with ours and looking to replace

Internet filtering and security

iPrism review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Fresh update to the AS400 screens"

What do you like best?

Being able to have all of you information in one screen instead of having to use function keys to get to where you are going. This UI is also a bit more user friendly and easier to pick up as it is more similar to technology today rather than only green screens.

What do you dislike?

If the internet connection is bad your program is going to be slow.

Easier to use interface increasing the speed of adoption.

iPrism review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Edgewave iPrism Review"

What do you like best?

Edgewave ePrism email security solution provides users inbound and outbound filtering, disaster recovery, and compliance requirements.

Syncs with my LDAP which allows us to streamline our user creation.

Administration of ePrism email security is simple and easy.

What do you dislike?

Setup with Edgewave is tricky as there were some gotchas when it comes to counting the number of users since they are factored into the bottom line compared to our previous email security solution provider. A lot of preparation had to be done prior to the migration such as AD cleanups, opening LDAP and SMTP ports via our firewall.

Email security, compliance to regulations, email archiving, disaster recovery.

iPrism review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"We used as proof of concept of our project to perform web requests with secure gateway."

What do you like best?

It is robust and very primitive to learn and adopt.

What do you dislike?

No major faults but needed a workaround for the failover.

Routing requests via this gateway,

iPrism review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Malware protection"

What do you like best?

Detection of malware and comes up with a resolution to fix it

What do you dislike?

Slows down multitasking of projects and drops down remote desktop connections

Malware protection

iPrism review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"iPrisim = St Bernard "

What do you like best?

Terrific web filtering software. Great hosted management with tons of customization settings. For example, you can allow access to Facebook but restrict the access of games or epithet content. Pricing is very competitive and you can often negotiate a free 4th year of support for the price of 3.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

iPrism review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"On-Premise Internet Security"

What do you like best?

A very customizable on-premise internet security application. We use it to monitor, block and optimize our internet traffic. It works very well.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had all of the functionality in the proxy method.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put it in-line if you can.

Learning about iPrism?

* We monitor all iPrism reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.