Ipswitch WS_FTP

Our FTP client provides best-in-class security with the highest levels of encryption, is easy to use and customize, and reduces administrative burden.

Work for Ipswitch WS_FTP?

Learning about Ipswitch WS_FTP?

Compare Ipswitch WS_FTP to Similar Solutions

Ipswitch WS_FTP Reviews

Ask Ipswitch WS_FTP a Question
Showing 11 Ipswitch WS_FTP reviews
Ipswitch WS_FTP review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Longtime, Pleased User"

What do you like best?

I've been using this program for probably a good 15 years. I can't imagine running my website without it. I'm not a fan of the concept of editing files live on the server, like with some other programs, so I've always liked using FTP programs. I've used a few, but WS FTP Pro has always been my go-to for it.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I've run into a few errors over the years, but nothing that hasn't been fixed by Ipswitch. My biggest problem is when an updated file won't go through and I have to sit and wait a few minutes before it allows it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I noticed they seem to be going in a cloud-based direction, but I prefer their older installable solution.

FTP access to the website I started and run. I love the easy access to the server and folders. I've also found it to be a great product to recommend to my staff who are all over the world.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ipswitch WS_FTP
Ipswitch WS_FTP review by <span>Patrick M.</span>
Patrick M.

"IPSWITCH WSFTP IS GOOD SOFTWARE"

What do you like best?

This is a great FTP client! It is very stable and I have never had any issues with it. I use it all the time at work, almost on a daily basis, and I have never been dissatisfied with it. I like the fact that it keeps track of the total amount of data that you have uploaded/downloaded in the past, so it tells you on the Splash Screen that you've transferred X number of GB since you installed the software. I like this feature and think it is kind of neat that it shows you how much data you have moved in the past. Let's you know you're getting your money's worth out of the product.

What do you dislike?

There's isn't much that I dislike about this software other than the fact that it isn't free. It's great software and works extremely well for both client and server applications. Other clients like FileZilla are free from the client standpoint and do well, but WSFTP has more and better features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a demo of the software before you buy it, possible from someone who uses it currently and can speak to it's features and functionality.

We use WSFTP for both client desktop connections as well as hosting our Secure FTP site for our business. From a server standpoint it works extremely well and is flexible enough that we are able to use it for all of our FTP need.

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by <span>Bruce E.</span>
Bruce E.

"A great free too for anyone needing an inexpensive file uploader program"

What do you like best?

ipswitch WS_FTP does a great job of a simple job: uploading files to a web host. It comes in both free and for purchase editions that suite the needs of both consumers and business users alike. Best of all, the program is fairly light in terms of using system resources and it can be setup fairly easily. Its not going to win any advanced awards for having a ton of features. Its more robust competitors can offer those but at a higher costs. However, it also managers to do a superior job of file handling than many web hosting programs that use basic FTP programs. One element that really stands out is the use of 256 bit encryption for the professional edition.

What do you dislike?

The program is not for beginners. Even with its easy to functions, new users may find some of its functions harder to use. Then again it is still better than many competitors at doing its job as an FTP program. It beats web based FTP program with faster speeds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always consider other programs on the market, especially if paying for the professional addition.

The program works well for uploading web files such as HTML files and multimedia to Web servers.

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by <span>Paul L.</span>
Paul L.

"Great Way to FTP"

What do you like best?

I like how I can see files on my computer side by side to files on the ftp site.

What do you dislike?

WS_FTP's delete folder feature may not work and I wish there was a graphical interface to move folders on the ftp site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend WS_FTP as the product of choice to transfer files from your computer onto an FTP site.

We often need to share files with our design team who are not in the same office space. Having a graphical user friendly interface program like WS_FTP to share files back & forth on an FTP site is essential for us to complete our design tasks.

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by <span>David O.</span>
David O.

"Great for downloading multiple, large projects."

What do you like best?

That you can monitor the progress of each download, and see if there are any errors/stoppages in the downloading process.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if a download got hung up, if it would try and restart itself.

With the ability to download projects from our production lab, I have been able to start my projects in-office days earlier, rather than wait for CD's to arrive with our other items in the mail. This leads to faster turnaround time, and also more time to proof and review products before we send them out to clients.

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Simple to Use and Quick Learning Time"

What do you like best?

Uploading documents is quick and easy. There doesn't seem to be any limit on how much data I can upload which is good because I never know how many documents may be issued.

What do you dislike?

You can only make a finite number of links before you have to start deleting older ones. There should be a way to archive these in case they are needed again at a later date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get the highest amount of memory possible so you don't have to delete files so frequently.

Getting large documents, namely construction plans and specifications, to our subcontractors and suppliers in a timely and cost-effective manner.

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by User

"IPSwitch FTP is a great FTP product"

What do you like best?

I think what I like best about Ipswitch FTP is the ease of use with the product. It is very easy to set up FTP connections and I have had no issues hooking into a variety of different vendor FTP connections. I like how the program communicates what is going on how much estimated time/download is remaining.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is much that I dislike about this product so far. I do wish they had an Apple Mac compatible version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Windows computers this is an excellent solution.

We have had issues in the past with FTP software not being compatible to all of our vendors FTP connections, IpSwitch has solved those issues.

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by <span>Kevin Z.</span>
Kevin Z.

"My company has used Ipswitch products for over 10 years."

What do you like best?

WS_FTP is a good FTP program from Ipswitch. It is very easy to use compared to other FTP programs I have used. Besides WS_FTP, Ipswitch makes some good products we use, such as their IMail and Instant Messaging programs.

What do you dislike?

There is not too much to dislike about the software since it is easy to use.

There are many benefits of the software including being able to store all of your differen FTP connection in once place to easily access them.

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Extremely user friendly"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, nice interface, good features!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficulties in connectivity. Can improve the interface a bit

Transferring files to and from legacy systems for predictive analytics and customer support inquiries

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by <span>Wayne B.</span>
Wayne B.

"Nice FTP software for scripting functions"

What do you like best?

I create a lot of scripted upload and download tasks using this software.

What do you dislike?

Seems a little pricey compared to cheaper and free alternatives.

Automation of upload and downloads to vendors.

Ipswitch WS_FTP review by User

"WS_FTP is a useful tool for FTP."

What do you like best?

Software is reliable and easy to use. It was free to download and install.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Software performs well and is exactly what I needed.

None

Learning about Ipswitch WS_FTP?

* We monitor all Ipswitch WS_FTP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Ipswitch WS_FTP to Similar Solutions